Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The quiet demise of Anderson Cooper

All of the White House drama has basically been great for the CNN careers of Jake Tapper, Brian Stelter, Jim Sciutto and even Don Lemon.

Floating like an aging luxury liner at the dawn of the jet age, it seems like Anderson has become invisible.

Sure he made news by eye-rolling Kellyanne Conway and stupidly talking about Trump taking a dump to that idiot Jeffrey Lord, but it seems since the Presidential debate he is a non-entity.

Is Anderson being phased out on CNN on purpose or is he doing it intentionally? Or am I totally wrong?

by Anonymousreply 247April 27, 2018 7:04 AM

For reasons well known to him...

by Anonymousreply 1July 21, 2017 11:00 PM

Can you imagine Walter Cronkite eye rolling during a live TV interview?

by Anonymousreply 2July 21, 2017 11:10 PM

When you hook yourself to the hip of Andy Cohen, what does one expect?

by Anonymousreply 3July 21, 2017 11:25 PM

I'm not an Anderson fan but it can't help that his show competes with Him Rachel Maddox, who is white hot these days. He's quite bland anyway and only seems blander in comparison to Maddow and whichever lunatic is his competition du jour on Fox News.

by Anonymousreply 4July 21, 2017 11:26 PM

I always thought that the closeness to Cohen --their tour--was bad for Anderson's image. If Anderson thinks he looks good giggling at Andy's sexual and tween antics, he's wrong.

by Anonymousreply 5July 21, 2017 11:28 PM

He seems to be exiting. Has Ben said anything?

by Anonymousreply 6July 22, 2017 12:04 AM

Since Ryan Seacrest will be on vacation, Anderson will be co-hosting with Kelly Ripa again on Monday.

by Anonymousreply 7July 22, 2017 12:07 AM

She needs to get off that cohen tour and get back to the news. And stay away from that harpie Ripa.

by Anonymousreply 8July 22, 2017 12:09 AM

She's not a newsman, she's a celebrity.

by Anonymousreply 9July 22, 2017 12:11 AM

Since CNN has been accused by Trump and his fans as "fake news," the network needs to buckle down. They did so when they fired Kathy G but they also need to control/restrict Anderson or let him go.

by Anonymousreply 10July 22, 2017 12:18 AM

His eyes seem to be shrinking into slits more and more. Plus the glasses. Weird.

by Anonymousreply 11July 22, 2017 12:18 AM

Walter Cronkite wasn't one-tenth the journalist or reporter that Anderson Cooper is. Cronkite would never make it today, sadly. He worked in much simpler times. Anderson will go down in history as one of the greats and he ain't going nowhere.

by Anonymousreply 12July 22, 2017 12:21 AM

Will we ever know how much it cost Gloria to have CNN hire the former host of The Mole as a journalist?

by Anonymousreply 13July 22, 2017 12:25 AM

Another alt-right troll spouting nonsense from his puny brain.

Don't have anal sex OP. It might give you brain damage.

by Anonymousreply 14July 22, 2017 12:26 AM

What R4 said. Why would anyone watch Anderson play referee to idiots screaming at each other? I'd rather watch Chris Hayes, Rachel, and Lawrence O Donell on MSNBC. Much more interesting shows.

by Anonymousreply 15July 22, 2017 12:31 AM

I still have a soft spot for Don Lemon. I wish we were friends, I bet he's a loyal guy who knows how to have fun. I switch over from MSNBC to watch his show. Sigh.

by Anonymousreply 16July 22, 2017 12:37 AM

Nobody wants to see 50 year old bottoms on their TV screens.

by Anonymousreply 17July 22, 2017 12:40 AM

Unfourtunatly, CNN has reached maximum punditry. Of course I don't watch that trash on Fox. I prefer MSNBC because they at least mix it up every 5 min. CNN will literally have pundits discuss the same topic for 2 hours straight šŸ˜©

by Anonymousreply 18July 22, 2017 12:48 AM

AC's career is over. None of the millennials or anyone else likes him anymore. Soon we will be seeing him advertising for preparation-H or wart remover cream.

by Anonymousreply 19July 22, 2017 12:59 AM

I love Rachel but she's so intense, I just need Anderson every once in awhile.

by Anonymousreply 20July 22, 2017 1:02 AM

Yeah Anderson is definitely losing most of his former fans. Don't let the door hit you on the way out. Bye Felicia.

by Anonymousreply 21July 22, 2017 1:33 AM

If Trump leaves office things will go back to normal.

Watching Maddow, Colbert and the others won't seem so urgent anymore.

Anderson just has to wait it out.

by Anonymousreply 22July 22, 2017 1:35 AM

R22 AC360 is too old to wait out anything.

by Anonymousreply 23July 22, 2017 1:39 AM

[quote] Anderson will go down in history as one of the greats

What? Take your meds, hon

by Anonymousreply 24July 22, 2017 2:16 AM

OR perhaps this is "the new normal" since Trump changed everything forever and Anderson will never be relevant again.

by Anonymousreply 25July 22, 2017 2:18 AM

People don't want nice news anymore. Andy needs some rage.

by Anonymousreply 26July 22, 2017 2:29 AM

Remember when that FAME WHORE CUNT Walter Cronkite did the Mary Tyler Moore Show? FUCK THAT OLD QUEEN

by Anonymousreply 27July 22, 2017 3:02 AM

R12's is one of the stupider comments I've seen here in a while.

by Anonymousreply 28July 22, 2017 5:06 AM

Sick of CNN and their endless talking head panels. The same shit over and over again. I stopped watching that crap network.

by Anonymousreply 29July 22, 2017 5:09 AM

Isn't Anderson on for two hours? They should tighten up his show and get rid of the damned Trump loons like Jeffrey Lord and the other bimbo ones. I like Anderson - he's calm and easy on the eyes, and has a wry cynicism I really like -- but not when all he's doing is ringmastering the circus of panelists, each getting 20 seconds to bluster while he sort of calls on them one at a time. WTF? He used to do documentaries and such - give him a similar setup to Rachel's and let him explore an aspect of the news every night and let dimwit but gorgeous Don Lemon do the panel-leading (opposite Rachel and move Anderson either before or after her.)

AC's easier to take than Chris Hayes and certainly better than Lawrence O'Donnell - so give him one of those slots. And hire somebody else, like Tamron Hall or Joy Reid or hell, Anna Navarro (they need a woman host every night like the other networks) to fill AC's 2nd hr -- but anyway, you can tell CNN's invested in him or they wouldn't have him on half the night. Plenty of fixes but they're not bothering.

by Anonymousreply 30July 22, 2017 6:10 AM

I like Anderson, but his talk show flopped for a reason - he's a little bland. And the Andy Cohen association, I agree, is a deal killer. Hanging out with Andy and Kelly makes him look like a mean girl.

by Anonymousreply 31July 22, 2017 6:27 AM

I can not watch his show, he keeps having those damn republicans in, while he acts so polite. I can not watch that shot, Jeffrey any longer.

Anderson should have Stuck up for Kathy. I hate a phone, polite person...give me a break, we ain't living in Canada.

by Anonymousreply 32July 22, 2017 6:30 AM

He'll be hosting with Kelly next week and Matt Bomer is a guest.

by Anonymousreply 33July 22, 2017 6:43 AM

Anderson Cooper is a shrill lightweight. I find his on-camera presence like nails on a chalkboard. There's something so juvenile about his style. Anyway, I don't care for him at all.

by Anonymousreply 34July 22, 2017 6:56 AM

Not aging well.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35July 22, 2017 6:59 AM

Have never understood the appeal of Anderson. He looks like some kind of albino desert animal that lives underground and his anchor skills can best be described as lame. He rushes words, can barely articulate at times, and comes across as a wan boylike presence.

Really wish CNN would switch time slots between him and Ali Velshi, a competent newsguy who's currently languishing at the 4:00 slot. That's where AC belongs.

by Anonymousreply 36July 22, 2017 9:27 AM

He's a prick.

by Anonymousreply 37July 22, 2017 9:30 AM

How is he being phased out when he still has his two hour show on CNN and just renewed his contract? I guess when Tapper takes over AC's spot at 8 pm it will be over, but I'm not sure why it is now.

by Anonymousreply 38July 22, 2017 9:35 AM

[quote]Can you imagine Walter Cronkite eye rolling during a live TV interview?

If he were alive today and had to interview Trump and his minions, yes, he would do more then roll his eyes.

by Anonymousreply 39July 22, 2017 9:50 AM

OP created this thread to use his admittedly good line: Floating like an aging luxury liner at the dawn of the jet age,

That is all.

by Anonymousreply 40July 22, 2017 9:57 AM

Add me to the list of people who got sick of watching nothing but a pundit panel show being refereed by Anderson. That's pretty much what CNN has become these days. They take one breaking news item and beat it to death over the course of six or seven hours.

And don't get me started on that fuckwit Jeffrey Lord, who they insist on having in attendance numerous times throughout the week.

by Anonymousreply 41July 22, 2017 10:04 AM

The only problem I have with AC360 is the importance they give to dipshit Jeffrey Lord's opinions. Who cares about that fucker, he's probably being paid by Trump to say all the shit he says.

by Anonymousreply 42July 22, 2017 10:10 AM

AC used to be out of the studio reporting out in the field more often on CNN but now he just does that for 60 Minutes. It's panels, panels, panels on CNN these days. Jeff Zucker has ruined the network.

by Anonymousreply 43July 22, 2017 10:11 AM

I agree Anderson is a good field reporter. Why does he accept this talking head format?

by Anonymousreply 44July 22, 2017 10:13 AM

I cant stand their fake 50/50 group of liberal vs conservative faux nightly debate setup they have going. Notice they never actually accomplish anything or come to a consensus. Its just there to put people on like Jeffery Lord just to piss people off for more ratings. They dont even make good points you can walk away with, all rehashed predictable talking points.

At least with MSNBC and Rachel Maddow, while sometimes hard to fallow along because she goes so deep into an issue, I walk away felling like I really learned something. She tries to break complex issues down to simple concepts. She doesn't play the all views are equal BS game most news stations play when things are obviously weighted in one direction or another.

CNN is still busy living in the 80's with "lets agree to disagree" fake motivational lingo. Like when Trump lies, they wont say its a lie, they just quote him like its a difference of opinion.

by Anonymousreply 45July 22, 2017 10:14 AM

It's not even 50-50 conservative/liberal panels, it's usually 4 conservatives and a supposedly 'neutral' but still Trump-fawning reporter like Maggie Haberman or Dana Bash and ONE liberal.

by Anonymousreply 46July 22, 2017 10:22 AM

Jeffrey Lord is a clown. When he leaves the studio I'll bet he goes somewhere to have a good laugh at how stupid anyone must be to even listen to him. Cooper and his producers are at the top of his dumb list.

by Anonymousreply 47July 22, 2017 10:42 AM

Anderson mumbles too much, it's very unprofessional for a TV journalist to not speak clearly. He's too jumpy.

He also came across like a trainee during the second Clinton/Trump debate next to Martha Raddatz.

by Anonymousreply 48July 22, 2017 11:34 AM

Cooper is very well liked by the CNN staff. If he goes, they go.

by Anonymousreply 49July 22, 2017 11:34 AM

Serves him well for hiding in the closet all those years. What was his appeal anyway? Total phony.

by Anonymousreply 50July 22, 2017 11:43 AM

I have never liked Cooper and think he's a complete lightweight especially compared to people like Rachel Maddow, Chris Hayes, Lawrence O'Donnell or Joy Reid, but it makes me happy to know that the loathsome Piers Morgan hates him so much, remains intensely jealous of him, blames him for his getting fired from CNN, and is constantly watching for every mishap so he can throw jabs on twitter, which Cooper ignores. The implication being "I'm still a big time anchor while you're the one languishing on British morning TV".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51July 22, 2017 11:49 AM

Anderson is CIA. It's probably better for him to be less visible given the current subject matter of international espionage.

by Anonymousreply 52July 22, 2017 11:51 AM

AC has zero credibility as a journalist and this shows because he has ZERO Washington experience. He has never been on the ground in Washington, developing sources or breaking stories. It shows by his lackluster performance these days. In the past he relied on producers to get stories for him. But with political stories you need to be on the ground, and AC thinks he is too "big" for that.

by Anonymousreply 53July 22, 2017 12:00 PM

[quote]Nobody wants to see 50 year old bottoms on their TV screens.

You tell it like it is, gurl! Nobody wants those old queens giving their opinions.

by Anonymousreply 54July 22, 2017 3:28 PM

Pair him up with Shepard Smith on a morning show a la Kelly and Ryan but with margaritas like the last hour of the Today show (do they still do that)?

by Anonymousreply 55July 22, 2017 4:02 PM

[quote]Pair him up with Shepard Smith on a morning show a la Kelly and Ryan but with margaritas like the last hour of the Today show (do they still do that)?

Make one of them wear a lot of makeup and people will think it's a reboot of the Jim J and Tammy Faye Show.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56July 22, 2017 4:20 PM

No longer a CNN watcher at all. Hate the panel concept. If I wanted right wing views I would watch Fox. However MSNBC could use some new hosts.

by Anonymousreply 57July 22, 2017 5:07 PM

Shep always wears a lot of makeup.

by Anonymousreply 58July 22, 2017 5:07 PM

I agree that AC did much better as a field reporter. He seemed to have more confidence in what he was reporting. On these panel shows, he stumbles around on his questions and he never really seems sure of what he wants to ask.

by Anonymousreply 59July 22, 2017 5:10 PM

[quote]Shep always wears a lot of makeup.

I saw him one time standing outside Fox News smoking a cigarette. Holy God, the crags in his face were like the Grand Canyon. I almost didn't recognize him. It's obvious on camera he wears a ton of pancake, but he's like a whole different person.

by Anonymousreply 60July 22, 2017 5:27 PM

OP=alt-right troll.

by Anonymousreply 61July 22, 2017 5:31 PM

Eh, OP's point is fair r61.

Anderson Cooper hardly ever "makes news", unlike some other figures who have really had their stocks rise in the age of Trump.

by Anonymousreply 62July 22, 2017 5:54 PM

When ATT finalizes its takeover of Time Warner/CNN, Trumps friend, the CEO of ATT, will clean house at CNN.

I think Anderson would get the boot

by Anonymousreply 63July 22, 2017 5:57 PM

More queeny Anderson Cooper haters. Isn't it time for your daily anti-depressant meds, followed by a nap?

by Anonymousreply 64July 22, 2017 6:03 PM

^^ Mrs. Gloria Vanderbilt. Of Yhe Sutton Place Vanderbilts.

by Anonymousreply 65July 22, 2017 6:12 PM

Well, Gloria has seen her fair share of sad DL queens in her time, like this thread.

by Anonymousreply 66July 22, 2017 6:21 PM

Anderson Cooper would laugh at everyone here and tell you " you have little lives"

by Anonymousreply 67July 22, 2017 6:33 PM

The way he handled the Kathy situation by throwing her under the bus, and the constant pictures of him hanging out with mean girl Andy Cohen have turned me off to him. He's always been kind of milquetoast and against the better anchors he just fades into memory. I doubt he's going anywhere but I wouldn't be surprised if CNNs ratings are down in general - it isn't just Anderson. They just aren't that interesting anymore and they don't seem to be doing anything to improve that. They're too busy reacting to Trump's fake news accusations and bending over backwards.

by Anonymousreply 68July 22, 2017 6:37 PM

I'm surprised by all the comments on here about how CNN is right leaning now. I haven't watched in forever, but I get constant breaking news headlines from them on my phone and I'm often shocked by just how subjective and left-oriented they are.

I consider myself a supporter of the Democratic Party but I'm a greater supporter of a free, objective press. I don't need someone to decide my opinions for me. Give me the facts and allow me to decide for myself.

It's not surprising that so many conservatives have turned to fake news sites. If liberals really want to stop the propaganda machine, they're going to have to start treating stories with an objective viewpoint.

by Anonymousreply 69July 22, 2017 6:43 PM

R12 = Anderson Cooper

by Anonymousreply 70July 22, 2017 6:43 PM

R69 if you think CNNs stories are left leaning, you are probably further to the right than you realize. CNN, if anything, is too far to the right. I mean, look at Wolf Blitzer. That's why it is so ridiculous to see the accusations from Trump. They go out of their way to compensate for that perceived bias, but it doesn't exist.

by Anonymousreply 71July 22, 2017 6:53 PM

"The facts have a well-known liberal bias" as the quote goes.

When one party is being completely shameless, it is not "leftist" to call them out, it is just the truth.

by Anonymousreply 72July 22, 2017 6:56 PM

^^ Maxine Possumwig Waters, most corrupt member of Congress.

by Anonymousreply 73July 22, 2017 6:58 PM

I think we all know what station is on full blast in r73's house!

by Anonymousreply 74July 22, 2017 7:06 PM

Anderson has always been hated on DL but overall he seems to be well liked. I don't see a lot of awful stories about him being a bully or egomaniac like some others out there. Someone said he's not popular with millennials - maybe his show isn't but he does a lot of lectures at colleges and they're always packed and overflowing - he's very popular with college kids.

by Anonymousreply 75July 22, 2017 7:55 PM

I wish the CG incident had played out differently. I was disappointed at AC's reaction and statements that he made--and I feel that New Years will never be the same without them together. For the record I was also disappointed in CG's reaction.

by Anonymousreply 76July 22, 2017 7:57 PM

I'm disappointed you think my name starts with a C.

by Anonymousreply 77July 22, 2017 8:06 PM

I Prefer AC and Lawrence O'Donnell to those two completely insufferable twits, Chris Hayes and Rachel Maddow.

by Anonymousreply 78July 22, 2017 8:21 PM

[quote]On these panel shows, he stumbles around on his questions and he never really seems sure of what he wants to ask.

Probably because he knows these stupid panels lead absolutely nowhere and he's just filling time until the next commercial break. His job is more like that of an air traffic controller - he's just direcing the flow of bullshit instead of doing any real journalism.

by Anonymousreply 79July 22, 2017 8:35 PM

Poor r76--doomed to disappointment. Disappointing.

by Anonymousreply 80July 22, 2017 9:07 PM

r78, that's a new one--Rachel Maddow described as a "twit"?

I guess underneath that Oxford doctorate and highly successful news journalism, she's just a dummy.

Riiiiight, twat--I mean r78.

by Anonymousreply 81July 22, 2017 9:09 PM

The only thing more insufferable than Maddow is her deranged and mentally disturbed fanbois/gurls, like R81. The only person with equally idiotic fans is Lady Gaga.

The devotion to Maddow kind of reminds one of Germans' attachment to Hitler. Like him, Maddow can spew a steady steam of crap and her fans will lap it up like kittens do milk.

by Anonymousreply 82July 22, 2017 9:26 PM

r82-- kittens and milk!

MARY!

by Anonymousreply 83July 22, 2017 9:29 PM

Wow, it takes unfathomable level of mental disconnect to call other people deranged while you compare Rachel Maddow to Adolf Hitler.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84July 22, 2017 9:29 PM

The alt right is so boring. Always going after ridiculous targets. Do you think they pay someone to put together each week's troll posts?

Ok honies, this week daddy says: snopes.com, joy Reid, Anderson cooper, Lena Dunham, Oprah, Bill Maher......

by Anonymousreply 85July 22, 2017 9:38 PM

[quote]I have never liked Cooper and think he's a complete lightweight especially compared to people like Rachel Maddow

I doubt Anderson Cooper would get Islamist Linda Sarsour get away with promoting sharia law on his show. Madcow is just a self important poser. The way she kisses up to Sarsour is almost nauseating.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86July 22, 2017 10:26 PM

Maddow isn't well liked by America or anyone else. I doubt she will be around very much longer. Many people think she will fade off like Yesterday's bologna or musty cheese.

by Anonymousreply 87July 22, 2017 10:27 PM

Agree R87, many many can't stand her.

by Anonymousreply 88July 22, 2017 11:43 PM

+1 to r85.

Man you bitches are tired, though I take some pleasure in knowing that Rachel's never better ratings must sting a little.

by Anonymousreply 89July 22, 2017 11:48 PM

I know a lesbian who thinks the sun rises and sets by Maddow's command. She will not tolerate anything bad said about Maddow. You can even point out how Maddow goes a bit too deep into her subject and it gets confusing and this woman will say you're just not smart enough.

She also went nuts for Pantsuit Jesus.

by Anonymousreply 90July 22, 2017 11:53 PM

R87 and R88 are completely full of shit.

by Anonymousreply 91July 22, 2017 11:55 PM

I don't think AC has to worry or care about his show. He's bee well paid for several years and has a net worth of $100 million.

by Anonymousreply 92July 22, 2017 11:59 PM

R1 Perfect. Thread closed.

by Anonymousreply 93July 23, 2017 12:24 AM

OP here, some great comments.

CNN still has a hole where Larry King was; whether or not there never "breaking news", Larry King was always great television, and as evidenced by the OJ tv shows, Larry King's show made news in a way Anderson's show does not.

Also, Anderson's presence on Twitter is practically non-existent. Sure he posts basic stuff, but Brian Stelter and Jake Tapper both forward breaking news with their Twitter feeds. Anderson seems condescending about Twitter (he said he does not even follow President Trump.)

Anderson's talk show flopped and the environment is SO crowded with aging but still ambitious reporters, I don't see ANY network giving Anderson 2 full hours. Don't let his fortune fool you, IMO Anderson LOVES fame and would be lost without having a show.

by Anonymousreply 94July 23, 2017 3:24 AM

And yes R40, I admit there is some truth to your post.

by Anonymousreply 95July 23, 2017 3:26 AM

OP, I know Anderson is a popular target on DL, but objectively speaking, he seems well-liked and respected outside of DL. His show runs for 2 hours of prime time on CNN every day, and he was one of a very small number of journalists who was selected to moderate a presidential debate last year. He's also a regular contributor on 60 Minutes for CBS. I don't think it's accurate to claim that his career is circling the drain.

by Anonymousreply 96July 23, 2017 4:13 AM

Everyone I know loves Maddow.

by Anonymousreply 97July 23, 2017 5:28 AM

I don't think Putin likes her. (or Joe Scarborough - different reasons I think)

by Anonymousreply 98July 23, 2017 5:31 AM

[quote] Walter Cronkite wasn't one-tenth the journalist or reporter that Anderson Cooper is. Cronkite would never make it today, sadly. He worked in much simpler times. Anderson will go down in history as one of the greats and he ain't going nowhere.

Cronkite was one of a handful of journalists selected by the United States Army Air Forces to fly bombing raids over Germany in a B-17 Flying Fortress . He was part of group called the Writing 69th, and during a mission fired a machine gun at a German fighter. He also landed in a glider with the 101st Airborne in Operation Market Garden and covered the Battle of the Bulge. After the war, he covered the Nuremberg trials and served as the United Press main reporter in Moscow from 1946 to 1948.

Yeah, not one tenth of Anderson's reporting background... and such simpler times.

by Anonymousreply 99July 23, 2017 5:31 AM

That's right r87 and r88--Maddow is so hated in America that her ratings are often higher than Fox.

Dumb troll twats.

by Anonymousreply 100July 23, 2017 6:23 AM

Anderson's history as a front line reporter is invaluable, all those years he honed his skills, he's the real deal . Maddow is just a latte sipping limousine liberal, who takes herself way too seriously.

by Anonymousreply 101July 23, 2017 6:29 AM

r101, keep telling yourself that. Meanwhile she continues to kill in the ratings and the alt-right continues to fail in tripping her up. And if she's a "latte sipping limosine liberal" what's Sean Hannity? A smirking, overgrown, alt-right Reagan relic.

by Anonymousreply 102July 23, 2017 6:36 AM

R102, you must be the person R90 is talking about. Get used to it, not every staunch liberal likes Maddow.

by Anonymousreply 103July 23, 2017 6:42 AM

[quote]Also, Anderson's presence on Twitter is practically non-existent.

He used to be a lot more active on Twitter and he was pretty funny when he'd slap down people who made nasty comments about him, he's very sarcastic and his followers liked that but Twitter has gotten even nastier and more hateful since then and I think he just got tired of it. He rarely tweets anything now, mostly just promo stuff. He's a little more active on Instagram.

by Anonymousreply 104July 23, 2017 9:27 AM

What's the thing between Anderson and Jeffery Lord? I refuse to watch that anymore.

by Anonymousreply 105July 23, 2017 10:38 AM

It's kind of funny how the ultra sensitive "eggshell-patient" type people are defending Maddow. She just another smug wannabe with no actual experience. Kind of like Crooked Hillary. :)

by Anonymousreply 106July 23, 2017 2:14 PM

[quote] Everyone I know loves Maddow.

Which says something about who you know, R97. I suggest getting outside more.

by Anonymousreply 107July 23, 2017 2:19 PM

Rachel Maddow reminds me of this girl I went to grade school/high school with. She was smarter than anyone else in the class. She'd always try to engage the teacher in discussion that was way above everyone else's head. And if the teacher got off subject, she'd ask, "How did we get started on this subject?" She may have been highly intelligent, but she didn't have the social skills to reign it in and everyone else felt inferior.

by Anonymousreply 108July 23, 2017 2:34 PM

I don't see Jeff Lord on the other CNN shows as much as he's on Anderson's. Tapper and Blitzer don't have him on at all. It must be Anderson's decision to have him there, he could stop it if he wanted. I think AC likes Lord and agrees with some of the crap Lord says, especially all that bullshit about the misunderstood, put upon Trump voters.

by Anonymousreply 109July 23, 2017 3:18 PM

"Get used to it, not every staunch liberal likes Maddow."

r103, I'm used to that--I don't even care. There's a difference between saying not all staunch liberals like her and the fact that she still kills in the ratings, because that many people DO like her.

by Anonymousreply 110July 23, 2017 6:28 PM

"the fact that she still kills in the ratings,"

So what? Bill O'Reilly kills the ratings. Sean Hannity kills the ratings. Rush Limbaugh kills the ratings. DJT killed the ratings when he hosted "The Apprentice."

Just because "the herd" thinks it's right, doesn't necessarily make it so.

Call me when she wins Pulitzers and Emmys, or even gets nominated for either. Until then, she's just another talking head.

by Anonymousreply 111July 23, 2017 7:03 PM

AC is overrated. He seemed to be more credible and serious when he was more regularly in the field versus becoming studio-based and more high profile (e.g., coming out [and NO, I am not saying that he ought not to have come out], his partnership with Cohen, his failed talk show, his friendships with the Ripa gang, NYE with Griffin, etc.). He is increasingly lousy as an interviewer and talking head. In that DL thread from shortly after Dump came into office, posters championed him for his slapdown of Kellyanne. I saw no slapdown. Frankly, he came across as amateurish and out of his depth, and Kellyanne did better than him.

by Anonymousreply 112July 23, 2017 8:44 PM

Kellyanne is a discredited liar. No intelligent person could possibly take her seriously.

by Anonymousreply 113July 23, 2017 11:10 PM

Anderson should have used some of his wit on his shows. I always liked to watch him on Kelly (even though I can't stand her) but I thought they had a great rapport together and I always thought he was funny when he was on there.

by Anonymousreply 114July 23, 2017 11:20 PM

Anderson's problem is he's too polite. Most of the others on CNN and MSNBC are more confrontational with their guests.

by Anonymousreply 115July 23, 2017 11:54 PM

I can deal with Anderson.

Spare me Wolf Blizer with that Situation Room bullshit, sounding like he is reporting from a bunker under siege, is just too much. His tone comes across as if everything is a crisis, and it is usually information reported hours earlier.

by Anonymousreply 116July 24, 2017 12:40 AM

r116 - the most spot-on, concise Blitzer summary - I agree 100%

by Anonymousreply 117July 24, 2017 12:46 AM

My two favorites are Maddow and Cooper. There's something about Chris Hayes that makes me nervous - he's manic and talks too fast or something. O'Donnell seems a bit dim and I can't forgive Brian Williams for lying but I do find him witty and smooth - and if not brilliant, at least fairly intelligent. I try so hard to watch Chris Matthews but he drives me crazy - coughs so much - and seems to be developing dementia. I think that interview with Trump where he got him to say women should pay a legal penalty for abortion - I think that bought him a lot more time on air, alas.

Anyway - Anderson. He's so calm. If they'd just fix the format of the show, and give him some investigations/in-the-field stuff. He's great at that but may not want to do it anymore. Yet that's his forte, not the in-studio stuff and definitely not the panel mongering lord. I think he wants to do in-studio work but he's too dull and dry. And even so, he makes me feel like everything is going to be ok in the long run - like a lullaby or something.

by Anonymousreply 118July 24, 2017 12:53 AM

Brian Williams is so pompous, he tries to hard to be clever and it's very off-putting.

It's true that Anderson's cool, calm demeanor can be reassuring.

by Anonymousreply 119July 24, 2017 2:24 AM

Anderson is not leaving CNN. He wanted to do the Kelly show, but CNN upped his salary in exchange.

If he leaves, it will be with a big pay day for him.

Oh, and Rachel Maddow is an annoying dyke with vaginal odor.

by Anonymousreply 120July 24, 2017 2:40 AM

I love Maddow's explanations - I guess I'm a wannabe wonk too. Steve Bannon says he's a big fan of her show - and her style of breaking things down and connecting the dots. So much of news is repetitious and you get tired of the same brief story points over and over and over..... She's a nice change - coming up with new angles all the time, and reminding us of older stories we've forgotten that connect with some new development. I can't think of anybody like her - though I don't watch many other shows.

She's the best (for me.) I'm worried Putin might have her on his hitlist though, or even some Trumpkin devotee - she's like a prosecutor making the case, night after night, while the others are just doing the talking points and letting it drop completely afterwards, so you end up with a chaotic or completely empty understanding of the overarching situation.

What I don't like about her is the nervous schoolgirl giggling and nervous too-eager-to-please pickups and pass-offs to the adjacent shows, but it's a minor price to pay for the greater comprehension of our dystopic Trumpworld.

In my ideal newsworld, it's just her explaining and then Cooper interviewing important figures in the stories - NOT Jeffrey Lord types, but in-depth David Frost type stuff - or even Larry King type interviews. He can be a bit dull but he's sharper than Charlie Rose or O'Donnell/Williams or anybody else I know of who's doing that (though I don't watch everybody).

by Anonymousreply 121July 24, 2017 2:50 AM

Love R73. Can't stand anderson Pooper or Andy cohqueen. Yet Shep doesn't bother me, make up and all.

by Anonymousreply 122July 24, 2017 2:56 AM

[quote]I love Maddow's explanations - I guess I'm a wannabe wonk too. Steve Bannon says he's a big fan of her show - and her style of breaking things down and connecting the dots.

Yep. I don't watch a lot of news commentators because I largely find it pointless, but that is why I turn into Rachel occasionally. She has a great way of putting a new spin on things and connecting it to other stories in ways I wouldn't think of.

The reality is Rachel is honestly very damn intelligent and knowledgeable, which she uses to her advantage.

by Anonymousreply 123July 24, 2017 3:03 AM

He isn't really a reporter.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 124July 24, 2017 3:14 AM

He really was- he was great during Katrina and I think he went to Afghanistan or Iraq? He's really great at it because he keeps his cool and thinks on his feet - and he really listens to people so he can respond well. He has a lot of charisma too.

I think he just doesn't want to travel and do that ridiculously hard job anymore - but he was so good at it. I miss that.

I think his interviews are great too, but they don't "pop" because he isn't manic and over-excited like we Americans have come to expect from "news".

He's naturally so guarded that it surprises me that he seems to long to be a "personality" type host, like Ripa or Regis or whoever. Everybody always wants what they can't have I guess.

by Anonymousreply 125July 24, 2017 3:19 AM

[quote] Oh, and Rachel Maddow is an annoying dyke with vaginal odor.

Only part of that is true.

by Anonymousreply 126July 24, 2017 4:18 AM

"Just because "the herd" thinks it's right, doesn't necessarily make it so.

"Call me when she wins Pulitzers and Emmys, or even gets nominated for either. Until then, she's just another talking head."

r111, it isn't about a herd, it's about what she reports, and she doesn't report on one thing that's about "it" and whether "it's right."

And yes, we'll be sure to call you when she's won Pulitzer. Btw, Roger Ebert won a Pulitzer--did you believe him over Ebert. And you want a list of people who've won Emmys and it hasn't mattered. Your saying awards matter is no better than saying someone with high ratings matters.

by Anonymousreply 127July 24, 2017 4:50 AM

Btw, Roger Ebert won a Pulitzer--did you believe him over Siskel?

Fixed.

by Anonymousreply 128July 24, 2017 5:16 AM

I think R125 is right, Anderson doesn't get much credit around here for his real skills as a reporter but he definitely has them.

by Anonymousreply 129July 24, 2017 9:00 AM

The...quiet...demise of...Anderson...Cooper...

So haunting...

by Anonymousreply 130July 24, 2017 6:22 PM

Sssssh. Very quiet.

by Anonymousreply 131July 24, 2017 6:23 PM

Because he's an unconvincing lightweight? GAWD how standards of quality are so fucking low anymore.

by Anonymousreply 132July 24, 2017 6:37 PM

Anderson is a celebrity interview disguised as a journalist.

by Anonymousreply 133July 24, 2017 6:39 PM

This entire thread is nonsense. Catty gay men.

by Anonymousreply 134July 24, 2017 6:40 PM

^ Meow meow, pussy.

by Anonymousreply 135July 24, 2017 6:41 PM

Andy Cohen is to blame.

by Anonymousreply 136July 24, 2017 7:39 PM

The quiet loneliness of being alone. A poem by Suzanne Somers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 137July 24, 2017 7:49 PM

Did not realize that Anderson has won many Emmys for his reporting, 10 I think.

by Anonymousreply 138July 24, 2017 9:22 PM

DL has been saying AC is OVAH for over a decade but he's still here.

by Anonymousreply 139July 25, 2017 12:01 AM

I like Anderson and I can't stand Madcow.

by Anonymousreply 140July 25, 2017 12:05 AM

No we haven't r139; however we were right about his daytime show being cancelled.

by Anonymousreply 141July 25, 2017 12:50 AM

I like Maddow and can't stand Anderson.

by Anonymousreply 142July 25, 2017 12:55 AM

I like big butts and I cannot lie

by Anonymousreply 143July 25, 2017 1:05 AM

I like them both. I watch AC live and then watch the Maddow repeat.

by Anonymousreply 144July 25, 2017 9:56 AM

He seems happy.

by Anonymousreply 145July 29, 2017 6:29 PM

AC lost his cred when he did that very odd statement about taking a shit on someones desk. he should have just given up his news career and signed on for a bravo reality show then and there. AC made the fatal mistake of AC becoming the news rather than the story. and he is just not that attractive or interesting

by Anonymousreply 146July 29, 2017 6:46 PM

"Floating like an aging luxury liner at the dawn of the jet age, it seems like Anderson has become invisible."

by Anonymousreply 147July 29, 2017 6:53 PM

r147, j'adore.

by Anonymousreply 148July 29, 2017 7:51 PM

I lost respect for AC when he started hosting New Years with that attention whore Kathy Griffin. I think he should have had more dignity than to go along with the fag hag and her gayboy routine.

by Anonymousreply 149July 29, 2017 7:59 PM

R147. more like a sagging smelly sinking tugboat whos days of having any credibility and respect are long gone

by Anonymousreply 150July 29, 2017 8:00 PM

r150--grumpy grumpy!

by Anonymousreply 151July 29, 2017 8:08 PM

Why are the facts considered grumpy? should we all just be pollyannas and join the anderson cooper fan club of adoring cooper club wanna bes? nope. he is no longer attractive . his relationship with andy cohen and the red headed skank really did him in. no one takes him serious anymore . thats death to a news person

by Anonymousreply 152July 29, 2017 8:14 PM

AC's first and foremost fault, as listed by r152--"he is no longer attractive."

Oh, Mary, look in the mirror.

by Anonymousreply 153July 29, 2017 8:23 PM

R153 I would never make such a judgement if i were not of superior looks. The only quality worse than not being attractive on datalounge is being fat. I do not see AC as being a fattie. yet

by Anonymousreply 154July 29, 2017 8:25 PM

That white haired albino has NEVER been attractive. Rich? Yes. Attractive. No.

by Anonymousreply 155July 29, 2017 8:26 PM

r154's favorite song is "Tomorrow Belongs To Me."

by Anonymousreply 156July 29, 2017 8:28 PM

!52 here. also AC is short right? I have never done short men. I just wont. well i did once . when i had a problem. not really a problem but when a short , very short man got me drunk. i do have a problem with short men even as friends . its so difficult to talk to them . also i hate when the sit down and their feet dont touch the floor . that grosses me out. I am tall 6'2 and i have superior looks. but i am old 53

by Anonymousreply 157July 29, 2017 8:31 PM

I tried to watch Anderson's show last night and he had two or three Republicans on his panel, defending Trump. As usual, I had to change the channel. CNN is getting worse about having those morons on -- and they never have relatively sane Republicans like Steve Schmidt or Nicolle Wallace or even Charlie Sykes -- they have disgusting ones, like Jeffrey Lord and a fat-face guy and several bimboesque women and even some Republican African-Americans. The only one they have I can stomach is Ana Navarro but she's vehemently anti-Trump - the others are mouthpieces (around Trump's miniscule aged dick)

by Anonymousreply 158July 29, 2017 8:33 PM

Short people got no reason To live

by Anonymousreply 159July 29, 2017 8:35 PM

R146, it wasn't an odd statement. He lost his cool for once with Jeffrey Lord's refusal to make even the tiniest criticism of trump, and I think said that Lord would defend trump even if he took a dump on the Oval Office desk. I thought it was funny, and Lord did too. AC apologised. He is much calmer than most hosts, and is certainly entitled to one semi-facetious lapse.

by Anonymousreply 160July 29, 2017 8:51 PM

r160, this isn't about AC the journalist--only a little bit, anyway. It'd about his idiosyncrasies. The DL Bitter Bitch Squad. Their targets are often successful gay men.

by Anonymousreply 161July 29, 2017 9:14 PM

R160. take your hate for trump out of the equation. you dumb homos just can't even talk about about anything without coloring it with your moronic comments about trump and how you hate him. so what? its gotten so old. you stupid twats get your panties in a wad and behave like 12yr old school girls all because you have such hate for trump. it bleeds into every topic every thread. just stop. now back to AC. it was not professional and it went way beyond a minor lapse in judgement . an adult would see this. but i am talking to 12yr old girls here about this so there is not anyway you will understand what i am saying. professional journalists who are able to maintain control for the sake of covering a story know what i am talking about . AC is not a professional journalist. He thinks he is. He attempts to mimic them . but he is not. He is no more than a "celebrity journalist" and he should accept his limits and fade away. no one sees him as a serious journalist any longer. he blew that . He could not control his inner twat. not once but a few times. done. out. over.

by Anonymousreply 162July 29, 2017 9:55 PM

Funny that Trump-loving R162 is so upset about how "unprofessional" AC was when he made that comment about the Orange Furher taking a dump on his desk when his own president (not mine, mind you) is incapable of acting professionally (let alone presidential) in any way, shape or form. Just another evidence of a deplorable showing his true color as a sensitive special snowflake..

Meanwhile, for all the talk that AC's career is over, he was just nominated for a bunch of Emmys (4 for CNN, 3 for CBS for 60 Minutes) this week. Most journalists would love to have such a "quiet demise", lol.

by Anonymousreply 163July 29, 2017 10:08 PM

R163. = way too dumb to understand this is not about trump. its about morons who have no life except to color their loser life with hate for some dumb political person. idiots without any life or success in life have found that they can immediately belong to a group and be accepted (something that has never happened i their loser lives before) and all they have to do is have a common hate for a certain political person in this case its trump. R163 . if you had a few brain cells you would understand that long before trump came into your little pathetic world , you were a loser. not accepted by people or groups. its no different than pathetic dumb celebrities who seek to gain whatever attention they can be being a part of this same group. all of your LOSERS IN LIFE . lol, long before trump came on the scene. its so funny

by Anonymousreply 164July 29, 2017 10:46 PM

[quote]its about morons who have no life except to color their loser life with hate

Oh, the irony of that comment coming from a semi-literate fool who wrote:

[quote]you dumb homos just can't even talk about about anything without coloring it with your moronic comments about trump and how you hate him. so what? its gotten so old. you stupid twats get your panties in a wad and behave like 12yr old school girls all because you have such hate for trump. it bleeds into every topic every thread. just stop

Pot. Kettle. Black.

by Anonymousreply 165July 29, 2017 10:49 PM

Indeed R165. And R162, I am proud of my hatred for trump. Any rational human would feel the same.

by Anonymousreply 166July 29, 2017 10:57 PM

R165 and R166. of course you are proud. why? because you are a loser. someone who never had any success in life and finally found some acceptance from these strangers who also hate this person trump. but what are you going to do when trump is gone and you are still the losers that you are and always have been? your loser life continues. lol, its basic high school psychology . did you even get a diploma ? its never failed , the equation. the people in my life who jumped on this stupid dump on trump train. they all have the same qualities. no success in life. its a very pathetic group you two belong to. failures in all aspects of their lives.

by Anonymousreply 167July 29, 2017 11:04 PM

R167 sounds completely crazy.

by Anonymousreply 168July 29, 2017 11:10 PM

R168=Nurse Ratched

by Anonymousreply 169July 29, 2017 11:42 PM

Do you think Don Lemon started this thread? I know he reads Datalounge.

by Anonymousreply 170July 30, 2017 12:08 AM

R170. dont be dumb. Negros cant post on datalounge ....fool

by Anonymousreply 171July 30, 2017 12:14 AM

R167, It was mostly "losers" who voted for trump. And when he's gone, hopefully pretty soon, I'm going to sit down with a nice glass of quite expensive wine and toast his departure. I think you are probably R170 too, since Trumpery often involves racism and that poster doesn't punctuate properly either. Anyway...hi R170. Reflect for a moment on everything Don Lemon has that you don't, and have a little cry.

by Anonymousreply 172July 30, 2017 10:29 AM

Jesus, does Mr. Track House have to ruin every thread? What a sad, bitter queen.

by Anonymousreply 173July 30, 2017 11:37 AM

R170, I am the OP and I am not Don Lemon, lol. Does he really read Datalounge?

I have blocked just 2 or 3 posters this year, and R170 is not one of them. I do notice R171, R169, r167, R164, R162, R157, R154 are all "missing", so just do yourself a favor and block one and let him post in silence. It makes those posts so much more amusing.

by Anonymousreply 174July 30, 2017 3:42 PM

[quote]but i am old 53

Yet you type like a barely literate 14 year old.

by Anonymousreply 175July 30, 2017 3:47 PM

Anderson seems much more engaged these days.

by Anonymousreply 176August 17, 2017 3:44 AM

I don't watch his show anymore. CNN's constant both side-isms and their insistence of having far right wingers on excusing everything he does drove me away from CNN to MSNBC.

by Anonymousreply 177August 17, 2017 3:58 AM

As Oprah said a few years ago, on the sudden TV appearance of Anderson Cooper:

"Where'd he come from?"

And that just about sums up Cooper's journalistic credentials. He just appeared one day and now he acts like a game show host moderating asinine discussions about asinine topics.

Next.

by Anonymousreply 178August 17, 2017 4:01 AM

Two means girls on holiday,, he should read and become informed, this does not help his image as an intellectual, wearing the fake glasses isn't helpful

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 179August 17, 2017 4:07 AM

Agree, r177. He doesn't have the "intellectual bullets" to drive informed debate. It's not that complicated - he moderates, stands there like a goon and can't contribute to generating a really informative and focused discussion.

He belongs on a daytime chat show - where he can giggle to his heart's content.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 180August 17, 2017 4:11 AM

I have complained about him a couple of times. I think he was much better at being a reporter, going on location.

I thought his show was much better tonight. He made me wish I was armed and could kill Nazis.

by Anonymousreply 181August 17, 2017 4:17 AM

And by "Nazis" R19 means anyone who disagrees with him.

by Anonymousreply 182August 17, 2017 4:23 AM

This.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 183August 17, 2017 4:30 AM

This.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 184August 17, 2017 4:33 AM

This.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 185August 17, 2017 4:34 AM

In defense of The Mole - it was one of the best reality series ever. Way ahead of its time.

by Anonymousreply 186August 17, 2017 4:38 AM

R182, if you haven't seen real Nazis on your tv recently, you must be Donald Trump.

by Anonymousreply 187August 17, 2017 1:35 PM

Well his Demise is not happening fast enough. He blew it. He will never be taken serious again. the "dump" comment was something a 12yr old girl would make.

by Anonymousreply 188August 17, 2017 6:10 PM

r188

by Anonymousreply 189August 17, 2017 7:58 PM

These debate panels with paid, partisan talking heads with pre-established talking points, turned me off to watching those segments. Such is infotainment and not news. Anderson moderating many of those his image as a journalist no favors. His style is not best for that kind of format. Doing one to one interviews and anchoring the real news, he does better.

Actually, Anderson was excellent at reporting of events on location outside of the news studios.

by Anonymousreply 190August 17, 2017 8:12 PM

Anderson Cooper and his very white blotchy skin makes me have stomach problems when i think of him nude. short . very very white. with pussing pimples and various red patches on his body

by Anonymousreply 191August 18, 2017 6:16 PM

He's not very professional--the comment to Jeffrey Lord about taking a dump on the desk was gross and juvenile.

Anderson is a stammerer who only got where he is because of his family name and his mother's connections. Don Lemon is far more professional.

by Anonymousreply 192August 18, 2017 6:19 PM

bump

by Anonymousreply 193November 18, 2017 11:29 PM

He's spineless. Kathy is right.

by Anonymousreply 194November 18, 2017 11:36 PM

[quote] Sure he made news by eye-rolling Kellyanne Conway and stupidly talking about Trump taking a dump to that idiot Jeffrey Lord, but it seems since the Presidential debate he is a non-entity.

Interesting how being childishly rude and unprofessional is Andy's claim to fame

by Anonymousreply 195November 18, 2017 11:38 PM

I generally oppose eye jobs for men, but he definitely needs one.

He looks half-asleep on the air. BITCH, OPEN YOUR LIDS.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 196November 19, 2017 12:08 AM

r196, he wears his glasses most of the time on air now. I think the network made him do it, his constant squinting was bad.

by Anonymousreply 197November 19, 2017 12:15 AM

Well, he is getting older, skin sags and eyelids get droopier. He's too busy to take long enough time for the eyelid surgery to heal. It's seven to ten days and I am sure it would be noticeable.

I can't believe he and Andy are asking for up to $500 for a meet and greet. Does he really need more $$?

by Anonymousreply 198November 19, 2017 1:13 AM

R198 Coke costs money!

by Anonymousreply 199November 19, 2017 3:31 AM

I wonder what Anderson thinks about Ryan Seacrest? He is buddies with Kelly and was in line for the gig.

by Anonymousreply 200November 19, 2017 3:42 AM

[quote]The quiet demise of Anderson Cooper

The quiet demise of Anderson Cooper is commensurate with the decline of his eyesight, his lip volume and his upper eyelid and mid-face support structures.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 201November 19, 2017 3:49 AM

He was best when he was wearing his tiny, tight black T-shirts out in the field. As a desk anchor, well, Rachel runs circles around him. She's calmer, and her show is more educational because she's good at explaining things.

by Anonymousreply 202November 19, 2017 4:22 AM

R201 That is such a bad picture... He looks like an old lesbian witch.

by Anonymousreply 203November 19, 2017 4:24 AM

[quote]She's calmer

I think she's rather bumptious.

by Anonymousreply 204November 19, 2017 4:54 AM

He posted a pic of a statue's ass while in Florence. He now is acting like a truly corrupted whore monger.

by Anonymousreply 205November 22, 2017 2:15 PM

What is he doing in Florence? Holidays that he's bragging about on social media??

by Anonymousreply 206November 24, 2017 3:25 PM

He spends too much time with Andy Cohen.

by Anonymousreply 207February 17, 2018 3:54 PM

"As a desk anchor, well, Rachel runs circles around him."

Bullshit. Her usually smarmy performance was even more cringe worthy and vomit inducing last night (2/16). I don't usually watch her because I think she's an insufferable twat, but because of the indictments yesterday, I thought she might have something of value to say. She didn't and I turned to another channel 10 minutes in.

Bitching about not being able to bump pussies with her girlfriend because of her work load was truly execrable, not to mention unprofessional.

by Anonymousreply 208February 17, 2018 4:01 PM

I don't know or care if this was a;ready shared upthread. This picture can never be shared enough

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 209February 17, 2018 4:08 PM

Don't be absurd, R12. Cronkite covered WWII in Europe as a journalist. He essentially began the evening news, taking it to the spot it was for decades. Further, he really was the most trusted man in America, which is not true for any journalist these days.

Cooper has always been quiet. He enjoys gathering information and, because of his mother, has access in some cases that would be hard to get. That said, he's struck me as someone who doesn't want people thinking he didn't earn his position.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 210February 17, 2018 4:22 PM

I still find him very attractive.

by Anonymousreply 211February 17, 2018 4:39 PM

Quite a long quiet demise, isn't it, since this thread started in July of 2017. I don't see any sign of his demise, quiet or otherwise, but whatever.

by Anonymousreply 212February 17, 2018 4:51 PM

r212 = Anderson

by Anonymousreply 213February 17, 2018 4:53 PM

r212 honey, that New Year's disaster just helped prolong his demise.

by Anonymousreply 214February 17, 2018 4:55 PM

Both r213 and r214 should be so lucky to have their own demises this prolonged.

by Anonymousreply 215February 17, 2018 4:56 PM

Maybe NYE's wasn't such a disaster after all.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 216February 17, 2018 4:57 PM

Anderson Cooper is an inspiration to stammering albinos born with a silver spoon in their mouths everywhere!

by Anonymousreply 217February 17, 2018 4:59 PM

r216 = Andy Cohen

by Anonymousreply 218February 17, 2018 5:00 PM

217=Kathy Griffin

by Anonymousreply 219February 17, 2018 6:10 PM

Why doesn't Anderson marry Ben? He would get a big boost of publicity and it would put the end to those illogical rumors, found in other threads here, about him hiring a male porn star for sex.

by Anonymousreply 220February 17, 2018 9:08 PM

He could have been the next Merv Griffin.

by Anonymousreply 221February 17, 2018 9:39 PM

[quote]Why doesn't Anderson marry Ben?

Mother will cut off his allowance if he does.

And she'll quit paying CNN to employ him.

by Anonymousreply 222February 17, 2018 9:41 PM

[quote] Bitching about not being able to bump pussies with her girlfriend because of her work load was truly execrable, not to mention unprofessional.

Be fair. The song of the Lorelei is irresistible.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 223February 17, 2018 9:48 PM

R220= Frau Supreme!

Anderson Cooper liking sex is an "illogical rumor" and once people get married that of course means they are monogamous!

by Anonymousreply 224February 17, 2018 10:39 PM

He had a mediocre ass but he couldn't live forever.

by Anonymousreply 225February 17, 2018 10:42 PM

Anderson's back in the DL news.

by Anonymousreply 226February 26, 2018 6:44 PM

Anderson is not a journalist, he is a celebrity to acts the part of a journalist.

by Anonymousreply 227February 26, 2018 6:45 PM

Anderson supports Gloria and she said she wanted him to marry Ben.

by Anonymousreply 228February 27, 2018 3:16 AM

r222, she made it clear early on she wasn't paying an inheritance. Because I think at this point there really isn't much of one. He makes millions. He no doubt takes care of her.

r209--fucking adorable.

by Anonymousreply 229February 27, 2018 3:40 AM

So Anderson's show get dropped to one hour due to bad ratings AND he moves on from his longtime boyfriend to an Instagram Dallas Queen young enough to be his son.

by Anonymousreply 230March 17, 2018 5:10 PM

So the quiet demise is real then?

by Anonymousreply 231March 17, 2018 5:14 PM

Almost - how interesting it is a female porn star that will make him ever-so-briefly relevant again.

by Anonymousreply 232March 17, 2018 5:15 PM

Anderson Cooper is adequate at his job - he does stutter and stumble a lot - but surely everyone agrees most of his success is down to good PR. Plus his true passion, hurricane coverage, has been really cut back at CNN so he's stuck actually a-a-a-anchoring, heh heh.

He should have taken the job with Kelly Ripa when it was open. He's really much more Regis Philbin than Walter Cronkite. Though he's beginning to resemble both.

by Anonymousreply 233March 17, 2018 5:18 PM

"but surely everyone agrees most of his success is down to good PR."

Surely everyone, r233? Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 234March 17, 2018 5:20 PM

What's the problem with the above, great font of subtle wisdom?

by Anonymousreply 235March 17, 2018 5:24 PM

The problem is that r233 is making a sweeping statement not based on fact. Do you understand now?

by Anonymousreply 236March 17, 2018 5:29 PM

CNN gave him more money not to do Kelly as a permanent host. He'll always have work- he's a reliable, non-diva guy.

by Anonymousreply 237March 17, 2018 5:38 PM

Oh, definite oh, dear territory then. You seem like a really nice person, R234.

by Anonymousreply 238March 17, 2018 5:42 PM

So true, r238.

by Anonymousreply 239March 17, 2018 5:45 PM

One rich New Yorker commenting about another just seems like a local societal dispute, so Anderson doesnā€™t have the effect of the others.

by Anonymousreply 240March 17, 2018 6:09 PM

Is he still quietly demising?

by Anonymousreply 241April 27, 2018 3:34 AM

Ronan Farrow is the new Anderson Cooper.

by Anonymousreply 242April 27, 2018 3:36 AM

It's like All About Eve.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 243April 27, 2018 3:42 AM

Ronan Farrow is the new and IMPROVED Anderson Cooper. First, he is far more intelligent than Anderson. Second, based on Ronan's dating habits, he prefer NY and Washington Jews which means men of intelligence, as opposed to chasing after cliched muscular Latino men who are so....common, and having as friends midwestern Jews like Andy Cohen and Jersey trash like Kelly Ripa. Finally, Anderson will never ever have a Pulitzer.

by Anonymousreply 244April 27, 2018 4:00 AM

Everything but the bloodhounds snappin' at her rear end...!

by Anonymousreply 245April 27, 2018 4:09 AM

I wish Ronan Farrow wouldn't wear lipstick.

by Anonymousreply 246April 27, 2018 4:15 AM

Anderson has Emmys out the ass and a Peabody Award. He might well win a Pulitzer.

Who gives a fuck if he doesn't date Jews? I don't blame him- it's bad enough he has one as a friend.

by Anonymousreply 247April 27, 2018 7:04 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!