Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

What podcasts do you listen to?

Rupaul's interview with Natasha Lyonne is one of his best

by Anonymousreply 50Last Thursday at 3:06 PM

"Making Oprah" is a good 4 or 5 episode podcast on NPR that gives a lot of behind the scenes info when the show became huge

by Anonymousreply 107/13/2017

Straight up with Stassi

by Anonymousreply 207/13/2017

Both of those R1 & 2 interest me.

I like listening to old recordings of Desert Island Discs - I'm not sure if they're considered podcasts - but I'll link. They're fascinating. But, being England, many of the people are very dreary.

Now - to find them.

Petula Clark >>

by Anonymousreply 307/13/2017

here's the channel

248 episodes for you to leaf through >>

by Anonymousreply 407/13/2017

Thanks, R4. I was looking for something that wasn't about politics or current social problems...

by Anonymousreply 507/13/2017

Angela Rye has a new podcast. If you watch CNN than you know who Angela is. I will definitely be supporting her. That's my girl.

by Anonymousreply 607/13/2017

Another thing I love listening to are old radio shows from the 60s - so great hearing all those great songs being played on the radio in their own time.

This starts with The Monkees >>

by Anonymousreply 707/13/2017

Natalie Wood on Desert Island Discs >>

by Anonymousreply 807/13/2017

I relax with an extended playlist of podcasts on weekends, so here are some favorites:

Nancy (gay themed, from WNYC)

Le Show (Harry Shearer)

Majority Report (Sam Seder)

Sewers of Paris (Matt Baume)

Larry Wilmore - Black on the Air

Understanding Today's Narcissist (Trump era essential!)

Gay USA (Andy Humm, Ann Northrop)

Rachel Maddow (audio)

Star Talk Radio / Star Talk Allstars (Neil Tyson, Eugene Mirman)

On the Media

Damn Interesting

Science Friday

Ted Talks (audio version)

And while not strictly a podcast, Hearts of Space's deep ambient show is free to stream from their website on Sundays. Intensely relaxing way to recharge ahead of the new week.

by Anonymousreply 907/13/2017

Two Dope Queens from NPR have some very excellent comics but the explicit "girl talk" between the hosts quickly goes from being kinda funny to kinda annoying.

by Anonymousreply 1007/13/2017

R9. Thanks. Never heard of any of those.

by Anonymousreply 1107/13/2017

^^^^Oops, forgot DL doesn't like https links. Just Google Hearts of Space, and relax.

by Anonymousreply 1207/13/2017

...certain links. Just Google Hearts of Space, and relax.

by Anonymousreply 1307/13/2017

You must remember this - old Hollywood The Bowery Boys NYC history Happier with Gretchen Rubin easy tangible ways to improve your life, great insights on happiness. They walk among us - British true crime

My faves right now. I'm gonna try RuPaul and hearts of space -thx for the suggestions!

by Anonymousreply 1407/13/2017

I've been listening to the Sleep With Me podcast at night. I was having a huge insomnia problem, but now I'm asleep within 10 minutes.

by Anonymousreply 1507/13/2017

Natalie Wood comes across as charming and she had a beautiful speaking voice. Perfect pitch.

by Anonymousreply 1607/13/2017

I just counted, I'm subscribed to 68 podcasts but only listen to about 10 regularly because of time. When do people usually tune in? On the trail and in my car are really the only times.

by Anonymousreply 1707/15/2017

Rupaul does have some of the best poscasts. He's surprisingly astute for being a high school dropout.

by Anonymousreply 1807/15/2017

A must-listen podcast if you're into US politics is Background Briefing, available at IanMasters.com

Four days a week, plus one weekend day, the host has on Washington insiders. I almost always find it incredibly enlightening, because it goes into all the nefarious crap going on in DC that cable news either does not touch or does not go into depth on.

I can't recommend Background Briefing enough and just wish every American would listen to it because then we wouldn't be in the mess we are in.

by Anonymousreply 1907/15/2017

Rubin Report

Waking Up with Sam Harris

Joe Rogan

Reason

Trumpcast

by Anonymousreply 2007/15/2017

Lore

by Anonymousreply 2107/15/2017

Thanks for the great suggestions guys - and girls?

Searching for quality podcasts on Google is random and too general.

by Anonymousreply 2207/15/2017

My Favorite Murder, Throwing Shade, Feast of Fun, Matt & Doree's Eggcellent Adventure, Shane Dawson's Podcast...to name a few of Many.

by Anonymousreply 2307/15/2017

Pod save America; Financial Times Big Read has some interesting topics occasionally.

by Anonymousreply 2407/16/2017

Finding Richard Simmons is wonderful, even if you don't care an iota about him. Well-done and funny and the narrator has a great voice (I've scrapped so many podcasts simply because the narrator either has an irritating voice or simply doesn't speak well).

by Anonymousreply 2507/16/2017

I'm going to try Sleep With Me tonight to see if it works.

by Anonymousreply 2608/28/2017

I like "Dumb Gay Politics" with Brandy Howard and Julie Goldman.

by Anonymousreply 2708/28/2017

BBC Radio 4 - Desert Island Discs, George Michael

by Anonymousreply 2808/28/2017

You Muat Remember This - the Hollywood history one. I'm obsessed! So well done!

by Anonymousreply 2908/28/2017

WTF

by Anonymousreply 3008/28/2017

Reply All, Uhh yeah dude, Guys we fucked

by Anonymousreply 3108/29/2017

I really enjoy the Switched on Pop podcast. The hosts are a musicologist and a composer, and they break down contemporary pop songs musically. Like really geeky music theory stuff like chord progressions and studio techniques, but done in an accessible way. Really fascinating.

by Anonymousreply 3208/31/2017

How Did This Get Made is wonderful, a show about terrible movies. I also love Gilbert Gottfried's podcast, with interviews with fringe Hollywood figures from the past.

by Anonymousreply 3308/31/2017

Has anyone listened to the new podcast from the LA Times called Dirty John?

It is well done but so infuriating to listen to. How can that family be so stupid? I bet they all voted for Trump.

by Anonymousreply 3410/14/2017

Currently loving these three:

Tom&Lorenzo's Pop Style Opinionfest

Who Shot Ya? with Ricky Carmona, April Wolfe and Alonso Duralde

PopRocket with Louis Virtel, Alonso Duralde, Karen Tongson and Wynter Mitchell

by Anonymousreply 3510/14/2017

True Crime Obsessed hosted by Patrick Hinds and Gillian Pensavalle.

Patrick and Gillian review true crime documentaries and even if you don't like those kind of films, the two of them are hilarious. DL might especially like their review of "Casting JonBenet" a documentary about Colorado actors auditioning for a role in a crime reenactment movie.

by Anonymousreply 3610/14/2017

Have you tried "Crimewriters On..." R36? Four crimewriters review true crime and mystery releases (TV and podcasts, mostly). Find them very entertaining.

I too like Gilbert Godfried's podcast, and miss his mini-episodes that you can only get by subscription.

For True Crime stuff, I just started the second season of The Accused.

by Anonymousreply 3710/14/2017

My go tos are: Ru Paul: What's the tee with Michelle Visage

Unqualified with Anna Faris

Judge John Hodgman

The I am Rapaport Stereo podcast

WTF with Marc Maron

Michael Ian Blacks's podcast

I listen when getting ready for work, driving, and to relax when in bed.

by Anonymousreply 3810/14/2017

After listening to Marc Maron and RuPaul guesting on each other's podcasts, I could easily picture them hooking up or dating casually. They had a lot in common, and you could tell that Marc was very intrigued.

by Anonymousreply 3910/14/2017

The Final Word Podcast with Frangela

Reid This Reid That with Joy Reid

TLo's Pop Style Opinionfest

Linoleum Knife

Daytime Confidential

1947 Meet the Press Podcast

Tell Me Something I don't know

Pod Save America

Derek and Romaine (but it is sort of a hybrid podcast/radio show)

by Anonymousreply 4010/14/2017

Is anyone else listening to Tanis?

by Anonymousreply 4111/08/2017

Can their not be sort of a makeshift collaborative Datalounge podcast where various random users pick a thread and read the comments?

I would like to spend two hours lying around reading about the Italian American experience in Colorado, but I have a house to clean.

by Anonymousreply 42Last Wednesday at 2:26 PM

How has no one mentioned Ronna & Beverly?!?

by Anonymousreply 43Last Wednesday at 2:41 PM

None.

by Anonymousreply 44Last Wednesday at 2:53 PM

There*

by Anonymousreply 45Last Wednesday at 2:55 PM

I listen to

Feast of Fun

Le Show

Bad gay movies = bitchy gay men

Moviesign with the Mads

Gilbert Godfrieds Amazing Colossal Podcast

Leonard Lopate 😭

by Anonymousreply 46Last Wednesday at 3:01 PM

[quote]I too like Gilbert Godfried's podcast, and miss his mini-episodes that you can only get by subscription.

Wait am I missing something? Is there a pay option to get the mini eps? They’re my favorite and I noticed they hadn’t done one in a while. I’m “subscribed” on my iphones podcast app but I don’t pay anything.

by Anonymousreply 47Last Wednesday at 3:05 PM

What podcasts don't consist of excessive naval gazing or excessive self-talk? I tried listening to an episode of The Heavyweight (by accident, thanks Alexa) and the hosts narration of his own thoughts about some therapist he was interviewing for the story (about a car v. pedestrian accident) were so distracting I had to stop. The TAL approach was kind of novel 10-15 years ago, now it's an old hat. I'm sure it was a nice story, but instead of hearing about the victim finally meeting the driver, I mostly heard about the therapist's aftershave and the producer's treadmill desk. Get to the point, please. Same for podcasts with two hosts, the alpha geek one-uppance wears thin real fast.

by Anonymousreply 48Last Wednesday at 3:14 PM

For anyone who is a fan of true crime, I have to recommend the parody podcast "Done Disappeared". Hysterical. The episodes are only 10 minutes long, so it's worth it to give it a shot. It definitely mocks programs like "Up and Vanished", etc. but you may see the humor even if you haven't listened to the real stuff.

by Anonymousreply 49Last Thursday at 2:55 PM

Can't find links to the podcast on its website, so here's a different link.

by Anonymousreply 50Last Thursday at 3:06 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!