Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

What podcasts do you listen to?

Rupaul's interview with Natasha Lyonne is one of his best

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 118October 12, 2018 2:20 AM

"Making Oprah" is a good 4 or 5 episode podcast on NPR that gives a lot of behind the scenes info when the show became huge

by Anonymousreply 1July 14, 2017 1:04 AM

Straight up with Stassi

by Anonymousreply 2July 14, 2017 1:29 AM

Both of those R1 & 2 interest me.

I like listening to old recordings of Desert Island Discs - I'm not sure if they're considered podcasts - but I'll link. They're fascinating. But, being England, many of the people are very dreary.

Now - to find them.

Petula Clark >>

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3July 14, 2017 1:32 AM

here's the channel

248 episodes for you to leaf through >>

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4July 14, 2017 1:33 AM

Thanks, R4. I was looking for something that wasn't about politics or current social problems...

by Anonymousreply 5July 14, 2017 1:35 AM

Angela Rye has a new podcast. If you watch CNN than you know who Angela is. I will definitely be supporting her. That's my girl.

by Anonymousreply 6July 14, 2017 1:37 AM

Another thing I love listening to are old radio shows from the 60s - so great hearing all those great songs being played on the radio in their own time.

This starts with The Monkees >>

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7July 14, 2017 1:57 AM

Natalie Wood on Desert Island Discs >>

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8July 14, 2017 1:58 AM

I relax with an extended playlist of podcasts on weekends, so here are some favorites:

Nancy (gay themed, from WNYC)

Le Show (Harry Shearer)

Majority Report (Sam Seder)

Sewers of Paris (Matt Baume)

Larry Wilmore - Black on the Air

Understanding Today's Narcissist (Trump era essential!)

Gay USA (Andy Humm, Ann Northrop)

Rachel Maddow (audio)

Star Talk Radio / Star Talk Allstars (Neil Tyson, Eugene Mirman)

On the Media

Damn Interesting

Science Friday

Ted Talks (audio version)

And while not strictly a podcast, Hearts of Space's deep ambient show is free to stream from their website on Sundays. Intensely relaxing way to recharge ahead of the new week.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9July 14, 2017 1:59 AM

Two Dope Queens from NPR have some very excellent comics but the explicit "girl talk" between the hosts quickly goes from being kinda funny to kinda annoying.

by Anonymousreply 10July 14, 2017 2:02 AM

R9. Thanks. Never heard of any of those.

by Anonymousreply 11July 14, 2017 2:04 AM

^^^^Oops, forgot DL doesn't like https links. Just Google Hearts of Space, and relax.

by Anonymousreply 12July 14, 2017 2:04 AM

...certain links. Just Google Hearts of Space, and relax.

by Anonymousreply 13July 14, 2017 2:06 AM

You must remember this - old Hollywood The Bowery Boys NYC history Happier with Gretchen Rubin easy tangible ways to improve your life, great insights on happiness. They walk among us - British true crime

My faves right now. I'm gonna try RuPaul and hearts of space -thx for the suggestions!

by Anonymousreply 14July 14, 2017 2:12 AM

I've been listening to the Sleep With Me podcast at night. I was having a huge insomnia problem, but now I'm asleep within 10 minutes.

by Anonymousreply 15July 14, 2017 2:13 AM

Natalie Wood comes across as charming and she had a beautiful speaking voice. Perfect pitch.

by Anonymousreply 16July 14, 2017 2:14 AM

I just counted, I'm subscribed to 68 podcasts but only listen to about 10 regularly because of time. When do people usually tune in? On the trail and in my car are really the only times.

by Anonymousreply 17July 15, 2017 10:37 PM

Rupaul does have some of the best poscasts. He's surprisingly astute for being a high school dropout.

by Anonymousreply 18July 16, 2017 4:01 AM

A must-listen podcast if you're into US politics is Background Briefing, available at IanMasters.com

Four days a week, plus one weekend day, the host has on Washington insiders. I almost always find it incredibly enlightening, because it goes into all the nefarious crap going on in DC that cable news either does not touch or does not go into depth on.

I can't recommend Background Briefing enough and just wish every American would listen to it because then we wouldn't be in the mess we are in.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19July 16, 2017 4:33 AM

Rubin Report

Waking Up with Sam Harris

Joe Rogan

Reason

Trumpcast

by Anonymousreply 20July 16, 2017 5:46 AM

Lore

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21July 16, 2017 6:05 AM

Thanks for the great suggestions guys - and girls?

Searching for quality podcasts on Google is random and too general.

by Anonymousreply 22July 16, 2017 6:10 AM

My Favorite Murder, Throwing Shade, Feast of Fun, Matt & Doree's Eggcellent Adventure, Shane Dawson's Podcast...to name a few of Many.

by Anonymousreply 23July 16, 2017 7:30 AM

Pod save America; Financial Times Big Read has some interesting topics occasionally.

by Anonymousreply 24July 16, 2017 9:30 AM

Finding Richard Simmons is wonderful, even if you don't care an iota about him. Well-done and funny and the narrator has a great voice (I've scrapped so many podcasts simply because the narrator either has an irritating voice or simply doesn't speak well).

by Anonymousreply 25July 16, 2017 9:43 AM

I'm going to try Sleep With Me tonight to see if it works.

by Anonymousreply 26August 29, 2017 7:53 AM

I like "Dumb Gay Politics" with Brandy Howard and Julie Goldman.

by Anonymousreply 27August 29, 2017 8:03 AM

BBC Radio 4 - Desert Island Discs, George Michael

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28August 29, 2017 8:05 AM

You Muat Remember This - the Hollywood history one. I'm obsessed! So well done!

by Anonymousreply 29August 29, 2017 8:08 AM

WTF

by Anonymousreply 30August 29, 2017 8:30 AM

Reply All, Uhh yeah dude, Guys we fucked

by Anonymousreply 31August 29, 2017 12:39 PM

I really enjoy the Switched on Pop podcast. The hosts are a musicologist and a composer, and they break down contemporary pop songs musically. Like really geeky music theory stuff like chord progressions and studio techniques, but done in an accessible way. Really fascinating.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32September 1, 2017 4:06 AM

How Did This Get Made is wonderful, a show about terrible movies. I also love Gilbert Gottfried's podcast, with interviews with fringe Hollywood figures from the past.

by Anonymousreply 33September 1, 2017 4:11 AM

Has anyone listened to the new podcast from the LA Times called Dirty John?

It is well done but so infuriating to listen to. How can that family be so stupid? I bet they all voted for Trump.

by Anonymousreply 34October 14, 2017 7:06 PM

Currently loving these three:

Tom&Lorenzo's Pop Style Opinionfest

Who Shot Ya? with Ricky Carmona, April Wolfe and Alonso Duralde

PopRocket with Louis Virtel, Alonso Duralde, Karen Tongson and Wynter Mitchell

by Anonymousreply 35October 14, 2017 7:13 PM

True Crime Obsessed hosted by Patrick Hinds and Gillian Pensavalle.

Patrick and Gillian review true crime documentaries and even if you don't like those kind of films, the two of them are hilarious. DL might especially like their review of "Casting JonBenet" a documentary about Colorado actors auditioning for a role in a crime reenactment movie.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36October 14, 2017 7:54 PM

Have you tried "Crimewriters On..." R36? Four crimewriters review true crime and mystery releases (TV and podcasts, mostly). Find them very entertaining.

I too like Gilbert Godfried's podcast, and miss his mini-episodes that you can only get by subscription.

For True Crime stuff, I just started the second season of The Accused.

by Anonymousreply 37October 14, 2017 9:11 PM

My go tos are: Ru Paul: What's the tee with Michelle Visage

Unqualified with Anna Faris

Judge John Hodgman

The I am Rapaport Stereo podcast

WTF with Marc Maron

Michael Ian Blacks's podcast

I listen when getting ready for work, driving, and to relax when in bed.

by Anonymousreply 38October 15, 2017 12:57 AM

After listening to Marc Maron and RuPaul guesting on each other's podcasts, I could easily picture them hooking up or dating casually. They had a lot in common, and you could tell that Marc was very intrigued.

by Anonymousreply 39October 15, 2017 2:25 AM

The Final Word Podcast with Frangela

Reid This Reid That with Joy Reid

TLo's Pop Style Opinionfest

Linoleum Knife

Daytime Confidential

1947 Meet the Press Podcast

Tell Me Something I don't know

Pod Save America

Derek and Romaine (but it is sort of a hybrid podcast/radio show)

by Anonymousreply 40October 15, 2017 2:34 AM

Is anyone else listening to Tanis?

by Anonymousreply 41November 9, 2017 4:29 AM

Can their not be sort of a makeshift collaborative Datalounge podcast where various random users pick a thread and read the comments?

I would like to spend two hours lying around reading about the Italian American experience in Colorado, but I have a house to clean.

by Anonymousreply 42December 6, 2017 11:26 PM

How has no one mentioned Ronna & Beverly?!?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43December 6, 2017 11:41 PM

None.

by Anonymousreply 44December 6, 2017 11:53 PM

There*

by Anonymousreply 45December 6, 2017 11:55 PM

I listen to

Feast of Fun

Le Show

Bad gay movies = bitchy gay men

Moviesign with the Mads

Gilbert Godfrieds Amazing Colossal Podcast

Leonard Lopate 😭

by Anonymousreply 46December 7, 2017 12:01 AM

[quote]I too like Gilbert Godfried's podcast, and miss his mini-episodes that you can only get by subscription.

Wait am I missing something? Is there a pay option to get the mini eps? They’re my favorite and I noticed they hadn’t done one in a while. I’m “subscribed” on my iphones podcast app but I don’t pay anything.

by Anonymousreply 47December 7, 2017 12:05 AM

What podcasts don't consist of excessive naval gazing or excessive self-talk? I tried listening to an episode of The Heavyweight (by accident, thanks Alexa) and the hosts narration of his own thoughts about some therapist he was interviewing for the story (about a car v. pedestrian accident) were so distracting I had to stop. The TAL approach was kind of novel 10-15 years ago, now it's an old hat. I'm sure it was a nice story, but instead of hearing about the victim finally meeting the driver, I mostly heard about the therapist's aftershave and the producer's treadmill desk. Get to the point, please. Same for podcasts with two hosts, the alpha geek one-uppance wears thin real fast.

by Anonymousreply 48December 7, 2017 12:14 AM

For anyone who is a fan of true crime, I have to recommend the parody podcast "Done Disappeared". Hysterical. The episodes are only 10 minutes long, so it's worth it to give it a shot. It definitely mocks programs like "Up and Vanished", etc. but you may see the humor even if you haven't listened to the real stuff.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49December 7, 2017 11:55 PM

Can't find links to the podcast on its website, so here's a different link.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50December 8, 2017 12:06 AM

Any new ones?

by Anonymousreply 51April 3, 2018 10:14 PM

r51 TIME just release a list of 50 best podcasts of 2018 (in their opinion, of course) so perhaps you might find some interesting new stuff there. I know I have.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52April 3, 2018 10:18 PM

*released

by Anonymousreply 53April 3, 2018 10:18 PM

I love RuPaul and his wife Michelle Visage. Great couple!

by Anonymousreply 54April 3, 2018 10:29 PM

In order of preference:

My Favorite Murder

Fivethirtyeight

Pod Save America

Economist Radio

Last Podcast on the Left

Marketplace

by Anonymousreply 55April 3, 2018 10:33 PM

You Must Remember This

by Anonymousreply 56April 3, 2018 11:01 PM

The Bonfire are a good hang. Just teo regular guys talking shit about pop culture.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57April 3, 2018 11:12 PM

I used to love listening to Rude Jude's podcast. Then it ended.

by Anonymousreply 58April 4, 2018 12:17 AM

Rune Soup, Me & Paranormal You and Feast of Fun

by Anonymousreply 59April 4, 2018 12:23 AM

Casefile: Aussie true crime— no banter, no personalities, just impeccably researched and covers more off-the-radar cases.

Keep It: Ira and Louis are fun, Kara can be a bit of a drag

by Anonymousreply 60April 4, 2018 12:40 AM

The Frank Skinner show from the UK. My beloved godparents were English from the Black Country and he sounds a bit like them. The podcast is described as like having coffee with your friends and that’s pretty much it.

by Anonymousreply 61April 4, 2018 12:42 AM

Dear Sugars

by Anonymousreply 62April 16, 2018 9:33 PM

bitch sesh

by Anonymousreply 63April 16, 2018 9:39 PM

We Hate Movies

by Anonymousreply 64April 16, 2018 9:40 PM

r64 Are all of them straight? Because the latest episode sounds intriguing but I [italic]really[/italic] don't want to listen to a lecture on gay jokes from four straight dudes.

by Anonymousreply 65April 16, 2018 9:46 PM

There is an enormous amount of great radio and podcast content available from the BBC. News, commentary, comedy, drama, documentaries, arts and culture stuff.

Lately I've been loving "Archive on BBC4" which has dozens of hours of eclectic, fascinating and enjoyable programming, with every episode completely different from the last.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66April 16, 2018 9:50 PM

I just recently discovered a podcast on YouTube called Trace Evidence and it’s a true crime show that documents missing persons and unsolved murder cases. It’s basically just one guy who does a ton of research on these cases and lays them out for the listener. He does a little bit of hypothesizing but mostly leaves it up to you to decide. It’s very well done for a low budget podcast done by a single person.

by Anonymousreply 67April 16, 2018 10:20 PM

Mysterious Universe.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68April 17, 2018 12:02 AM

R65 3 of them are married and i think the other has a gf. I haven't listened to their latest episode.

by Anonymousreply 69April 17, 2018 3:52 PM

Dear Sugars

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70April 18, 2018 5:24 AM

There’s another huge thread with podcast recommendations and searching podcast doesn’t bring it up ....

I’m looking for good self-help, get over a breakup kind of stuff..

by Anonymousreply 71April 18, 2018 2:27 PM

Did no one mention "Criminal"? Love that podcast.

by Anonymousreply 72April 18, 2018 2:34 PM

R71, Dear Sugars is spot-on.

by Anonymousreply 73April 18, 2018 10:59 PM

r69 So I listened to their latest episode and it was the straightest thing I have ever experienced in my life. Please tell me you're either straight yourself or at the very least an exclusive top who doesn't suck cock and kiss on the mouth? Because that is one super-masc podcast choice right there.

by Anonymousreply 74April 19, 2018 8:16 PM

r74

My favourite podcast on bad movies is "The Flophouse". I think they're all straight too, but have a less blokey vibe; I've got something of a platonic crush on Elliott.

by Anonymousreply 75April 19, 2018 8:42 PM

r75 Thanks, I'll check it out! WhoShotYa is the only movie podcast I'm listening to right now and I've been wanting to add some more for the longest time now.

by Anonymousreply 76April 19, 2018 8:49 PM

The Final Word with Frangela

The Joy Reid Podcast

Adam Sank Podcast

by Anonymousreply 77April 19, 2018 8:51 PM

Lore Unexplained Tanis The Black Tapes The History of Philosophy Without Any Gaps

by Anonymousreply 78April 19, 2018 8:57 PM

R71 honey if you want to feel better about your love life, go to YT and listen to hours of old LOVELINE. It’s like a time capsule documenting a more innocent time for lovers, plus Dr. Drew Pinsky’s soothing tones will make you feel less anxious.

by Anonymousreply 79April 19, 2018 9:51 PM

A History of the World in 100 Objects. S***House, Pod Save America, Skeptics Guide to the Universe, Stay Tuned with Preet Bahara. Opening Arguments is really good too. A very smart DC lawyer explains to a novice the legal realities of what is going on in the news.

by Anonymousreply 80April 20, 2018 7:07 PM

Above recommended, dear sugars, love it thanks.

I’m also digging Reply All. They investigate tech or internet mysteries.

by Anonymousreply 81May 3, 2018 2:38 PM

2 Broke Queens

Late Night Whenever

Dear Sugars

by Anonymousreply 82May 3, 2018 2:41 PM

R74 Lol at those being my only 2 options.

by Anonymousreply 83May 3, 2018 3:43 PM

r83 Yes! Now pick one already! The suspense is killing me; I [italic]need[/italic] to know.

by Anonymousreply 84May 6, 2018 5:01 PM

R84

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85May 6, 2018 5:14 PM

Many of my favorites have already been listed: My Favorite Murder, Last Podcast on the Left, Throwing Shade..

One that hasn't is TBTL (Too Beautiful to Live)...it's a daily M-F podcast hosted by Luke Burbank and Andrew Walsh. It's like sitting at a table with two middle-aged straight friends who speak an uncensored flow that alternates between banal, profound, insightful, and humorous. It's something I listened to as I fell asleep, and now I look forward to it everyday. It really grew on me...go figure...

by Anonymousreply 86May 6, 2018 5:29 PM

So this thread is the best result from a search on DL. If there's a more active or recent one, I apologize for bumping.

I stumbled across this compelling podcast from the BBC. I had heard something about the discoveries a few years ago, but had no idea about the background to the story, let alone the scope of what happened.

The Home Babies, a story about an Irish village and its home for unwed mothers, where people kept many 20th-century secrets, only discovered lately.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87August 3, 2018 7:55 PM

For those looking for true crime, I'd suggest "Crime Writers On...". I've recommended them here before. The started out by offering reviews and perspectives on Serial, but now they'll review and comment on any new true crime podcast or tv show. In recent weeks, they've covered "In The Dark", "The Staircase", and "The RFK Tapes". Usually after their review, I'll know whether I want to spend the time listening to a podcast.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88August 3, 2018 8:53 PM

Settling the Score—A gentle (but fun) takedown of the AFI’s top 25 film scores.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89August 4, 2018 5:24 AM

Two important voices of the Resistance:

Gaslit Nation - Sarah Kendzior and Andrea Chalupa

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90August 4, 2018 5:33 AM

What is The Weekly List?

The “new normal” of American politics is not normal. The Weekly List reminds us of that. On a weekly basis, the List tracks specific news stories representing eroding norms under the current regime. Taken together, they reveal a nation pushed towards authoritarianism, the wielding of unchecked governmental authority by one person or group at the expense of the freedom of those who oppose them.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91August 4, 2018 5:35 AM

The Frank Skinner Show.

He’s as funny as hell.

by Anonymousreply 92August 4, 2018 6:59 AM

Mueller She Wrote

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93August 4, 2018 8:58 PM

Straight Up with Stassi used to be decent because she would interview all the cast members from her show. Now she just has her unfunny comedian friend Rachel or her boyfriend and his Mom.

by Anonymousreply 94September 10, 2018 8:44 AM

Thinking Sideways, True Crime Garage, Revisionist History, You Must Remember This, Freakonomics

by Anonymousreply 95September 10, 2018 9:48 AM

I've been utterly bored by You Must Remember This this season.

by Anonymousreply 96September 10, 2018 9:51 AM

Watch What Crappens has been my salvation. So freaking funny. Their recaps of Bravo shows are insanely funny.

R96 me too I have a few episodes of YMRT in queue and I don't even feel like listening to them. I loved Hollywood Babylon but i didn't really need it fact checked.

by Anonymousreply 97September 10, 2018 10:29 AM

REMINDER: Anthony Cumia of Compound Media Podcasting has so far gotten himself banned from:

Entering the Sirius XM NY building ✔ FOX News ✔ Twitter (at least 4 times) ✔ owning guns ✔ driving ✔ and talking to minors ✔ The Stress Factory ✔ The Comedy Cellar Club ✔ and the Riotcast studios ✔

by Anonymousreply 98September 10, 2018 10:05 PM

I need something nonpolitical, not about murder and one continuous story maybe like Missing Richard Simmons? Anything come to mind?

by Anonymousreply 99October 9, 2018 11:37 AM

Fiction / fantasy Alice isn't dead : truck driver goes searching for her missing wife. Quite creepy. Welcome to Night Vale : radio show from the fictional town of Night Vale. Narrator's voice is really nice.

by Anonymousreply 100October 9, 2018 12:03 PM

R41, not light like MRS, but Dr. Death is fantastic. Higher ratings/listeners than Serial. Give it a try.

by Anonymousreply 101October 9, 2018 12:19 PM

Snap Judgement Presents Spooked, for the Halloween season!

by Anonymousreply 102October 9, 2018 2:47 PM

I just listened to "Cover Up", this summer's podcast re: the Ted Kennedy/Chappaquiddick incident of 1969, and while it centered around Kennedy, I found it to be non-political, R99. Although it was about a death, but I tend to think it wasn't a murder podcast that's the type you're trying to avoid.

You could try some of "You Must Remember This", which I generally like. But I stopped listening this season because I wasn't interested in that era of Hollywood. (I prefer the 40s-70s era shows.)

by Anonymousreply 103October 10, 2018 4:19 AM

Another you could consider R99 is "How Did This Get Made" which isn't a continuing story (although many of the shows have two related parts), but it goes into how some movies came about getting made. Can especially be funny if it's a crappy movie.

by Anonymousreply 104October 10, 2018 4:24 AM

I know Gilbert Gottfried's Amazing Colossal Podcast is loved by some here, as they've mentioned it. I pay for the premium content; archived podcasts and Gilbert & Frank's Amazing Colossal Obsessions, which in my opinion often are more entertaining than the longer interviews (excluding Mario Cantone Christmas episodes, those I nearly wet myself listening to).

by Anonymousreply 105October 10, 2018 4:30 AM

R97 check out Bitch Sesh

by Anonymousreply 106October 11, 2018 12:36 AM

Car Talk.

by Anonymousreply 107October 11, 2018 12:55 AM

Thx r106!

by Anonymousreply 108October 11, 2018 2:17 AM

Love the Rich Roll podcast. He is a great interviewer and talks to range of health experts. He follows and promotes plant based diet. But he is an Ultra and Iron man , Ivy League guy. Very smart and great interviewer

by Anonymousreply 109October 11, 2018 2:27 AM

He’s not a DL fav, but Enty has a fantastic podcast simply called Enty. He’s covered everything from true crime to Hollywood gossip, nice soothing voice too.

by Anonymousreply 110October 11, 2018 3:23 AM

The Read.

by Anonymousreply 111October 11, 2018 3:33 AM

BGM: Bad Gay Movies, Bitchy Gay Men

by Anonymousreply 112October 11, 2018 4:35 AM

Okay, Im looking that up right now R112. Thats right my alley.

by Anonymousreply 113October 11, 2018 4:57 AM

r110 most of us here don't understand Russian. I think this is a thread for English language podcasts.

They're not always right, but I enjoy Oh No Ross & Carrie. They just released the part two of the Drinking Our Own Pee investigation.

I liked Rabbits.

And I listen to WTF with Marc Maron if he's interviewing someone I find interesting, though I don't think he's a great interviewer.

by Anonymousreply 114October 11, 2018 5:01 AM

R99 I thought Missing Richard SImmons had a dark undertone, so hopefully this recommendation won't seem so left field. Glynn Washington from Snap Judgement hosted a podcast called Heaven's Gate about the trippy purple Nike spaceship suicide cult of the same name. Glynn comes from a family who followed a cult leader and he's always fun to listen to, even though this isn't fluffy stuff. Highly recommend.

by Anonymousreply 115October 11, 2018 6:13 AM

I listed to the free episode from Enty's podcast and it was shit. It was basically him talking to a fan of his blog, evading every time he was asked if some A-list was a lesbian or something, can't remember, too boring and it's not free, you have to pay for it, why?

by Anonymousreply 116October 11, 2018 7:48 AM

Pay for Enty? Oh no.

by Anonymousreply 117October 11, 2018 10:47 AM

Slate's Decoder Ring - true stories and a very esoteric podcast. I especially liked the true story about a young gay boy and his little gay brother in 1940/50's in midwest that played with paper dolls. The show went into the history of paper dolls and how these two little gay boys grew up and how different their lives had diverged as adults.

Slate's - Hit Parade, the host has an almost encyclopedic knowledge of the music industry, specifically the Billboard 100. For fans of Madonna or Donna Summer check out those particular episodes, par excellence.

Another Slate podcast - Slate's Culture Gabfest. One of the smartest, erudite podcasts out there. I learn something every week.

NPR's Pop Culture Happy Hour - Weekly coverage of the most up to date movies, tv shows, books etc. It will keep up on all things pop culture. And the hosts are all pretty funny

NPR's Wait Wait Don't Tell - NPR's #1 podcast, a comedy game show with a political bent. Take it from me, you will laugh out loud.

Like mentioned above, fans of old Hollywood should listen to - You Must Remeber This. Great stuff, but some of my friends that I've tried to get to listen can't get over the hostess' attempts at the "old-timey" voice she uses on occasion.

And then there's - S-Town a heartbreaking story about an eccentric gay genius stuck in bum fuck Alabama and how horrible one's life can be when you are soooooo different from the culture and people around you

99% invisible - a design/style oriented podcast that sheds light on everyday objects and the designs that went into their making.

A very odd podcast that I just recently got into is - Benjamine Walker's Theory of Everything, "plunges listeners into a whirl of art, journalism, fiction, interviews, and exploding pipe dreams." My BF doesn't "get it" but I love it.

by Anonymousreply 118October 12, 2018 2:20 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!