Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Burt Ward auditioning for Robin

Cute.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18October 11, 2018 11:44 PM

Holy acrobat, batman!

by Anonymousreply 1July 8, 2017 8:19 PM

It was the naked audition that got him the role.

by Anonymousreply 2July 8, 2017 8:22 PM

I saw this one a couple of years ago. Pretty good audition. Burt Ward was quite handsome back in the day. Now he's gotten so heavy, exactly the opposite of what he used to be.

by Anonymousreply 3July 8, 2017 8:26 PM

I really like Burt Ward as Robin.

by Anonymousreply 4July 8, 2017 8:27 PM

Two things:

He looks 14.

And THOSE SHOES!

by Anonymousreply 5July 8, 2017 8:29 PM

It makes it sadder that Burt allowed himself to become such a corpulent hog later in life.

by Anonymousreply 6July 8, 2017 8:33 PM

Yes, better that he kill himself than be overweight.

by Anonymousreply 7July 8, 2017 8:41 PM

Supposedly Ward has an illness and the medication makes him blow up.

by Anonymousreply 8July 8, 2017 9:17 PM

Didn't he say that had trouble disguising his huge cock in his costume?

I don't see any signs of that particular issue in that screen test.

by Anonymousreply 9July 8, 2017 9:19 PM

Burt was truly adorable. We're talking Rupert Graves level.

by Anonymousreply 10July 8, 2017 9:23 PM

These days the only thing he could audition for is Jabba The Hutt.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11July 8, 2017 9:24 PM

Did someone say "Jabba"?

by Anonymousreply 12July 8, 2017 9:25 PM

Short, cute men don't tend to age well. Burt Ward is proof of that.

by Anonymousreply 13July 8, 2017 9:27 PM

R13, sigh.

by Anonymousreply 14July 8, 2017 9:32 PM

He's about 20 there going by google.

The old-timey accents crack me up - on the background Voice Offstage as well as Burt's. They sound so ... relaxed. I can't imagine a voice like that working an audition now.

by Anonymousreply 15July 8, 2017 9:34 PM

Adorbz!

by Anonymousreply 16October 11, 2018 11:34 PM

all i know is this had to be the most HOMOEROTIC tv show ever? whether on purpose or not i don't know.. .. my ultimate fantasy?? was that they had cast clint walker, steve reeves, reg park, mike henry, cal bolder as batman! CAN YOU IMAGINE EVEN FATHOM ANY OF THESE "GODS" in the batman outfit, filling it out, their looks under the cowl and in every episode the kinky sexualized traps that always had him and twink robin together!.. talk about smoke coming out of the tv!

by Anonymousreply 17October 11, 2018 11:38 PM

He ran a Great Dane rescue for awhile.

by Anonymousreply 18October 11, 2018 11:44 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!