Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The Women of Desperate Housewives

We don't hear about them much these days except for Felicity Huffman who was on American Crime. What happened to their fame is a mystery. I liked the show back in the day and the set was a nasty place.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 423June 16, 2019 8:30 PM

Hey! What about me?

by Anonymousreply 1July 5, 2017 11:32 PM

Marcia Cross had a stint on Quantico. Eva Longoria was a producer for Devious Maids; not sure what she's doing now that it's canceled.

Teri Hatcher... was a guest host on Chopped one time.

by Anonymousreply 2July 5, 2017 11:34 PM

Teri Hatcher fucking sucked.

by Anonymousreply 3July 5, 2017 11:35 PM

I'm surprised Miss Marcia Cherry hasn't made a fuss over Big Little Lies and accused them of stealing his storylines.

by Anonymousreply 4July 5, 2017 11:40 PM

R1 poor Shawn Pyfrom and the other twinky bois of DH! Gonr and forgotten!

by Anonymousreply 5July 5, 2017 11:42 PM

Terri Hatch was a Kryptonian villainess on "Supergirl" this past season.

Is she ever going to marry Ryan Seacrest?

by Anonymousreply 6July 5, 2017 11:43 PM

R5 The show itself has been largely forgotten. Considering how hot the show was at its peak. It's rarely talked about anymore except for the toxic on-set drama. I don't think it has been shown in syndication other than for Lifetime and they haven't aired any episodes for several years now.

by Anonymousreply 7July 6, 2017 12:07 AM

It's the Ally McBeal of its era.

by Anonymousreply 8July 6, 2017 12:08 AM

The Dana Delaney years killed the show.

Anytime a female character "turns" gay, the show is done. So tired.

by Anonymousreply 9July 6, 2017 12:09 AM

R7 I want the deets on toxic on-set drama, so I'll get to googling! Who was the most toxic bitch?

R8 at least McBeal has Mr RDJ as an AAA-lister now. Callista is too comfortable living in Harrison's pocket.

by Anonymousreply 10July 6, 2017 12:10 AM

I quite enjoyed DH.

Remember when the gay boys skinnydipped in the pool?

by Anonymousreply 11July 6, 2017 12:11 AM

R7 I think all the Housewives (and Marc Cherry) hated Teri Hatcher. She could be very nasty at times. I suspect she might be bipolar.

They all turned on Nicolette Sheridan after her incident with Marc Cherry.

Marcia, Felicity, and Eva didn't have much time for those they perceived to be under them.

I heard Drea De Matteo hated being on the show so much and the unpleasant environment, that she was counting the seconds until her time on the show was over.

by Anonymousreply 12July 6, 2017 12:24 AM

Were they nasty to guest stars like the cast of Friends was?

by Anonymousreply 13July 6, 2017 12:58 AM

Word was that Vanessa Williams managed to avoid the many feuds and minefields and got along with just about everyone, except Hatcher, because no one did.

The producers wrote a whole season where Hatcher's character moved out of the neighborhood so they could minimize her interactions with the other actresses. In the last two seasons there were some terrible CGI moments where Hatcher was pasted in with the rest of the cast.

by Anonymousreply 14July 6, 2017 1:06 AM

Teri Hatcher was the Julianna Margulies of her show.

by Anonymousreply 15July 6, 2017 1:12 AM

By all reports each of the stars had their moments of being difficult but Hatcher was so unhinged and unreasonable that by the end the entire cast was pretty much united in their hatred of her.

by Anonymousreply 16July 6, 2017 1:17 AM

Pierce Brosnan has also spoken about what a cooze Hatcher was when they made a Bond film together.

by Anonymousreply 17July 6, 2017 1:21 AM

Loved this show!!!! It was in syndication on Lifetime at one point still miss it.

by Anonymousreply 18July 6, 2017 1:22 AM

The first season was excellent, but for me, the remaining seasons never lived up to that first season. The Alfre Woodard story in the second season was awful, despite Woodward being an excellent actress.

The backstage drama affected the show like it did with The Good Wife. I started focusing on why Hatcher was isolated from the rest of the cast, like Margulies seemed to isolate herself more and more as the Good Wife went on (and of course the terrible CGI pasting of her and Archie in the bar scene).

Eva Longoria is a shit actress but she was decent on DH and will remain her best role.

Felicity Huffman is an excellent actress. No surprise she won the Emmy and her performances on American Crime are incredible.

by Anonymousreply 19July 6, 2017 1:30 AM

I never understood why Hatcher is so difficult, I can kind of understand her being a bitch when she was young and hot, a lot of pretty girls can be obnoxious when they're young but it's like the older she got the meaner and harder to work with she became.

by Anonymousreply 20July 6, 2017 1:36 AM

[quote]The first season was excellent, but for me, the remaining seasons never lived up to that first season.

Season 1 had a certain novelty to it story-wise, as it was one-of-a-kind and the Mary Alice mystery was really the heart of the show. None of the seasons following it had the special kind of magic that season 1 had, because the freshness wore off and the audience had a basic idea of what they were in for. However, season 4 came pretty close to recapturing the funny, soapy quality of the 1st, and the 7th episode of season 3 is my favorite of the series. Season 5 was when it REALLY started taking a turn for the worse.

by Anonymousreply 21July 6, 2017 2:02 AM

I get the feeling that Hatcher was promised the "lead" role and then didn't take too kindly to the show becoming an ensemble. That's usually the way these onset feuds start, when someone becomes threatened.

by Anonymousreply 22July 6, 2017 2:13 AM

R22, I don't know what you're talking about.

by Anonymousreply 23July 6, 2017 2:15 AM

Hatcher was probably jealous that Huffman became the critical fave, Longoria the "beauty" fave and Cross the fan fave, while Hatcher... well, she got top billing.

by Anonymousreply 24July 6, 2017 3:07 AM

R24 Cross the fan fave? I don't remember that. Agree that i-wont-bury-the-Hatchet was very jealous of the emsemble she didn't ask for.

by Anonymousreply 25July 6, 2017 3:12 AM

It was probably pitched to her as the Teri Hatcher Show with all the other ladies supporting her storylines. We could probably do an entire thread of shows where the supporting players outshined the lead or the supposed lead.

by Anonymousreply 26July 6, 2017 3:18 AM

Teri's behaviour is interesting. What was her point? Longoria can't act. Marcia Cross was also my favorite because she acted Bree so well.

by Anonymousreply 27July 6, 2017 3:19 AM

It was a pretty good gig, all in all. I paid off my mortgage and I've been doing some easy "one-and-done" appearances since.

But I will never work with any of those cunts again. God is my witness.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28July 6, 2017 3:19 AM

r25 well fan fave may be a stretch but Bree was popular. I remember she got a lot of the good one-liners.

I think Hatcher was threatened that any of the others would outshine her.

by Anonymousreply 29July 6, 2017 3:32 AM

Doug Savant was the very definition of fit fat. Mostly fat by the end.

by Anonymousreply 30July 6, 2017 3:32 AM

Desperate Housewives will forever be known as the show that spawned all those reality show Housewives of Atlanta, New York, Beverly Hills, Orange County etc etc etc.

by Anonymousreply 31July 6, 2017 3:36 AM

Vanessa Williams gets along with everybody. The cast of Ugly Betty is still tight and she was used to that kind of working environment so it must have been a shock when she ended up working with those cunts. I loved season one, was less than thrilled by season 2 and then i just stopped watching. I did love Sheridan though. Gorgeous and funny. And James Denton was hot.

by Anonymousreply 32July 6, 2017 3:42 AM

I really like Vanessa Williams and she really tried on DH, but her character seemed too similar to Edie and she was essentially a replacement for Nicollette Sheridan. They just shoehorned her into the show because she had a contract with ABC and they didn't have anything else for her at the time. She deserved better.

I think they underestimated how much Sheridan added to the show. Edie was a lot of fun, was a great foil (Hatcher was at her best on the show when Susan and Edie were feuding) and not as overexposed as the other housewives. The show went downhill quickly after her departure.

by Anonymousreply 33July 6, 2017 3:51 AM

I didn't realize how much work Eva Longoria has had on her face until seeing this photo. She looks so homely here. Was her character supposed to look unattractive?

by Anonymousreply 34July 6, 2017 3:54 AM

r33 Agreed. It's a shame that Sheridan left. She was a great addition to the show.

by Anonymousreply 35July 6, 2017 3:54 AM

Former DL fave Gale Harold was hot AF on that show as Hatcher's housepainter boytoy.

He also had some surprisingly good comic timing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36July 6, 2017 3:56 AM

Compare and contrast: class act Vanessa Williams and other UGLY BETTY cast members all attended America Ferrera's wedding in 2011. That cast loved and respected one another.

DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES has been described as one of the nastiest sets of a hit show. (FWIW, ER was another one.) Everyone hid in their trailers, counted lines and close-ups, and fought for press. Only Felicity Huffman was able to maintain the illusion of civility and professionalism; according to rumor, she was the last woman standing who could actually speak to Teri Hatcher, much less pretend to like her.

by Anonymousreply 37July 6, 2017 4:01 AM

R35 I think Marc Cherry had it out for Sheridan for a long time. He never seen her as a main Housewife and had plotted on killing her character off for a while before they actually did. It turned out to the be a big mistake and the beginning of the end of the show.

by Anonymousreply 38July 6, 2017 4:04 AM

Hatcher had a bad reputation even on Lois & Clark. At the time, Dean Cain was dating Gabby Reece and I remember a reporter asking her her thoughts on Teri. She started to say something then stopped and said "let's just say she takes herself VERY seriously." Leopard never changes its spots.

by Anonymousreply 39July 6, 2017 4:41 AM

A producer on Jay Leno wrote a book about his time working on the show and named Hatcher as one of the most difficult guests on the show. She sounds very erratic.

[quote]“I called her Teri One and Teri Two, though not to her face. Teri One was charming, smart, witty and flirtatious,” Berg writes. “Terri Two was moody. She would call me late the night before her scheduled appearance, scream at me for not having better ideas, and then hang up. The next day, she would come to show as Teri One, acting as if nothing had ever happened.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40July 6, 2017 4:58 AM

Sheridan claimed in her lawsuit Marc Cherry said this about Hatcher: “I hope Teri Hatcher gets hit by a car and dies”

by Anonymousreply 41July 6, 2017 5:03 AM

r40 haha I read that, too. She sounds batshit crazy.

I remember when the show first aired. It was an instant hit and I am sure the fame went to their heads.

Nice to hear about the Ugly Betty cast. Williams was so good on that show. She really dominated her scenes. But that cast worked as an ensemble; everybody shined. It's a shame the DH cast didn't realize how good they had it and put aside their egos and worked with each other. I thought each of them was perfect for their roles but the obvious let's-isolate-certain-cast-members filming became noticeable (as it did on Good Wife) became noticeable and affected the show as a whole.

by Anonymousreply 42July 6, 2017 5:05 AM

I remember the wrap party gift to the crew was luggage, with a nice message from Eva, Felicity, Marcia and Vanessa to the people who had worked on the show for years.

Hatcher wasn't included, and Vanessa Williams -- who had only been on the show for a couple of years -- pitched in, which indicated not only that she was accepted and liked by the longtime leads, but she had the class to thank a crew she only had known for a little while.

by Anonymousreply 43July 6, 2017 6:03 AM

R21, that third season episode was written by Joe Keenan, who also wrote most of the great "Frasier" episodes. And I agree it's the best episode the show ever did.

I wish some of the recurring players got more recognition for their work, aside from the late Kathryn Joosten. Harriet Sansom Harris was wonderful in the first season, while Shawn Pyfrom did some good work throughout (I think he's the kid who lasted the longest on the show, for good reason). And Valerie Mahaffey and Dixie Carter were great as the crazy villains of one of the early seasons.

I wonder what happened to

by Anonymousreply 44July 6, 2017 6:17 AM

Don't leave us hanging, r44!

by Anonymousreply 45July 6, 2017 6:33 AM

Oops! I wonder what happened to Ryan Carnes, the hot boyfriend of Shawn Pyfrom. I'm sure I could do a Google search, and I'm pretty sure I'd be disappointed.

by Anonymousreply 46July 6, 2017 6:36 AM

He still works a lot. His imdb page is full of upcoming projects. General Hospital is the most high-profile. He still looks good too - actually, I think he looks better now than in his twink prime. He lost the blond highlights and kind of looks like James Denton.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47July 6, 2017 6:48 AM

Carnes was kind of the perfect ideal of the early 2000s muscle twink, so I thought he might have aged poorly after graduating from the frosted tips and pukka shell years.

He does still look great, especially because I was expecting really unfortunate facial hair.

by Anonymousreply 48July 6, 2017 6:56 AM

Loved Steven Culp as Marcia Cross husband at the show . When he died I did,'t watch it anymore .

by Anonymousreply 49July 6, 2017 7:19 AM

Richard Burgi was the hottest DILF on that show. Mmmm... that body.

by Anonymousreply 50July 6, 2017 7:29 AM

Kathryn Joosten (Mrs. McCluskey) did some fantastic farewell interview (before she died) with EmmyTVLegends where she dishes a great deal about Desperate Houswives and it seems like she doesn't hold back. I highly recommend it.

At the link click on the "Interview" tab which reveal an index of the topics she discusses in the interview. In Part TWO and THREE she mentions her work in Desperate Housewives.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51July 6, 2017 8:12 AM

[quote] Felicity Huffman is an excellent actress. No surprise she won the Emmy and her performances on American Crime are incredible.

meh

by Anonymousreply 52July 6, 2017 9:07 AM

Pyfrom loved the cock. He had to suck Cherry off to stay on the show. Ewwwwww!!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 53July 6, 2017 9:20 AM

R53 That's supposedly how Metcalfe got on the show.

by Anonymousreply 54July 6, 2017 1:02 PM

James Denton is what had me watching the show for the first 4 seasons.

Nicolette Sheridan and Teri Hatcher had the most entertaining characters of the women, though.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55July 6, 2017 1:32 PM

Hatch toured as Sally Bowles in the Roundabout Cabaret revival before DH. She was quite good on stage. No idea what she was like offstage. Wasn't she married to hot Jon Tenney?

by Anonymousreply 56July 6, 2017 1:51 PM

I truly hated Dana Delany on this show!

by Anonymousreply 57July 6, 2017 4:08 PM

Jamie Denton is hot but didn't have good storylines. He was better as mr Lyle in Profiler.

by Anonymousreply 58July 6, 2017 4:38 PM

[quote]that third season episode was written by Joe Keenan, who also wrote most of the great "Frasier" episodes. And I agree it's the best episode the show ever did.

Yeah, Keenan was a very talented writer. Gay too, I believe. I think he's essentially retired now. That episode had some of the blackest humor in the entire series and Laurie Metcalfe was beyond perfect for it. I even tried buying the script online one time, but it was a scam.

If season 2 never existed, and season 3 was the sophomore season, I think the legacy of the show would be a bit better. There were a lot of viewers that were lost in season 2 that just never came back. I also think that with the insane buzz that was built for the second season, had season 3 been in its place, the episode would have garnered more Emmy attention. Season 2 basically made the critics lose trust in the quality of the writing, and even though it bounced back, its image was still tarnished. I've always felt that it was very underrated.

by Anonymousreply 59July 6, 2017 4:45 PM

Season Two was just fine. Very fun and campy!

It was well before the stupid Five Years Later shit and the execrable Dana Delaney storyline, both of which destroyed the show.

No one wanted to see Eva Longoria's fat daughter and her clipping coupons. Total shit.

by Anonymousreply 60July 6, 2017 4:48 PM

Everyone loved Bree the best.

by Anonymousreply 61July 6, 2017 5:02 PM

Not me!

Edie was much more fun that Bree.

by Anonymousreply 62July 6, 2017 5:05 PM

Susan, Teri Hatcher, was the funny one with all the slapstick moments.

by Anonymousreply 63July 6, 2017 5:05 PM

R63 In season 1.

by Anonymousreply 64July 6, 2017 5:46 PM

You must watch Kathryn Joosten talk about the women in this clip! It's Teri who was actually the nicest of the four leads.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65July 6, 2017 6:44 PM

After Nicollette's exit from DH, she never got much work other than on a handful of indie films. WEHT?

by Anonymousreply 66July 6, 2017 6:53 PM

Thank you r65. I'll watch later.

by Anonymousreply 67July 6, 2017 6:55 PM

That Kathryn Joosten interview was great. She says the housewives were spoiled, cliquish, dismissive, and not team players. She mentions that the leads took an excessively long time in makeup, which was frustrating, but she understood they were trying to maintain their "product," (their looks, I presume) which she notes was quickly diminishing in quality.

Teri Hatcher does come out sounding the best...

"Of all of them Teri was probably the friendliest to me. When I threw that Christmas party for the crew Teri was the only one who contributed and I thought that was very nice of her. She made a very nice contribution. She and I have chatted on occasion."

by Anonymousreply 68July 6, 2017 8:06 PM

I love the part of Kathryn calling Nicolette dumb as a bag of rocks for trying to squeeze a quick mill out of the suit against Marc Cherry for slapping her.

by Anonymousreply 69July 6, 2017 8:14 PM

It didn't sound Joosten (who I loved on the show) and Hatcher were that close either though. But Hatcher occasionally talked to her and displayed kindness. Lots of other reports paint Hatcher as very Jekyll and Hyde-ish. Joosten maybe just was lucky enough to see mostly the good side of her. Most of the rest of the cast probably shunned her by that time and felt she had to make friendly with Joosten, who was given the cold shoulder as well.

I can't help but wonder if they because resentful of Joosten, who was older and supposed to be an occasional character becoming popular with fans and became a regular, often stole scenes from them and won two Emmy's.

Joosten and Sheridan had great chemistry on the together on show and I loved their relationship on the show.

by Anonymousreply 70July 6, 2017 8:19 PM

My initial thought was that Hatcher wasn't competing with Joosten but you're probably closer to the truth, r70.

by Anonymousreply 71July 6, 2017 8:23 PM

Joosten makes a point of saying that the leading ladies didn't talkt to, or socialize, with the other cast and crew at all which I find very strange at a workplace when you rely on these people to make you look good on camera. At least pretend that you care and acknowledge them every now and then inbetween acting so terribly busy.

by Anonymousreply 72July 6, 2017 8:28 PM

I'm a little surprised to hear Felicity Huffman wasn't more affable. As a rule, I assume all highly successful actors are brats to a certain extent, but she came across as kind of pleasant to me. Oh well.

by Anonymousreply 73July 6, 2017 8:31 PM

Yeah, Felicity's supposed stand offishness surprised me as well.

by Anonymousreply 74July 6, 2017 8:34 PM

In as much as they never managed to do as well as the first season, I thought the big time jump they did in the middle of the run really did give the show a shot in the arm.

by Anonymousreply 75July 6, 2017 8:56 PM

The premise for Desperate Housewives was better than what materialized. It was a poisonously mediocre series.

by Anonymousreply 76July 6, 2017 9:22 PM

[quote]I thought the big time jump they did in the middle of the run really did give the show a shot in the arm.

It gave us the Carver Twins.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77July 6, 2017 9:31 PM

I am still quite friendly with Nicollette who sort of refuses to talk about this show nowadays.

by Anonymousreply 78July 6, 2017 9:33 PM

Nicollette seems like a crazy, but entertainingly, nutty broad. I bet she's fun to be around.

by Anonymousreply 79July 6, 2017 9:35 PM

[R79] She is and she is also very honest about her life and work in Hollywood, she seems to be over all that bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 80July 6, 2017 9:41 PM

Felicity probably just wanted to stay out of the drama and kept to herself. Can you blame her?

by Anonymousreply 81July 6, 2017 10:13 PM

Sadly it was bad after the first season. I read somewhere Mary-Louise Parker was offered to play Susan but she did Weeds instead. She is much better than Teri. Maybe it would have been better show with her.

by Anonymousreply 82July 6, 2017 10:54 PM

R78, a friend of mine worked on a project with Michael Bolton when he and Sheridan were together. I asked him about her. He said she was very quiet and polite, which surprised me.

by Anonymousreply 83July 7, 2017 12:23 AM

What did your friend say about him, r83?

I've heard hes another jeckyll and hyde type, but known mostly for being a colossal a-hole whose ego is bigger than his nose, and a lot bigger than his dick.

by Anonymousreply 84July 7, 2017 12:27 AM

Funny thing is, R84, I didn't ask about him. Next time I talk to him, though, I will.

by Anonymousreply 85July 7, 2017 12:33 AM

That Kathryn Joosten interview is hilariously dishy, but you have to admit the old gal sounds like a piece of work herself. Her main complaint is that the main housewives all had expensive trailers (and she knows how much each one got to decorate her own trailer!) and that they never invited her in.

She even bitches that her character wanted to hear Johnny Mathis' "Wonderful, Wonderful" on her deathbed: "...and I've NEVER LIKED JOHNNY MATHIS" — and that Betty White is getting all the good old-lady roles.

by Anonymousreply 86July 7, 2017 4:48 AM

Watched it through to the bitter end. It still stands (and probably will always stand) as the last self-launching out of the gate monster hit on network TV. Before DH and Lost came along in 2004, ABC was on its deathbed.

by Anonymousreply 87July 7, 2017 5:59 AM

Agree, r86. Loved hearing Joosten's dish but considering her other comments and strong opinions I take it all with a grain of salt.

by Anonymousreply 88July 7, 2017 6:54 AM

Although Eva Longoria plays a ditz very well, she's actually a pretty smart cookie. She earned her masters AFTER her Desperate Housewives success (not to mention the 10s of millions she must've pulled in with endorsement deals from the likes of L'oreal) and I randomly saw her at an LA Times event a few years ago speaking about women in STEM careers and was impressed by her intelligence and curiosity about the world. Not the actress out of that bunch I would've pegged for that kind of intellectual curiosity.

by Anonymousreply 89July 7, 2017 7:28 AM

I remember Felicity made Jessica Alba cry for some reason.

by Anonymousreply 90July 7, 2017 8:34 AM

I had a mad crush on the actor who played Carlos.

by Anonymousreply 91July 7, 2017 8:56 AM

I liked Eva's NBC series "Telenovela." It was hilarious, but quickly canceled.

by Anonymousreply 92July 7, 2017 2:13 PM

r92, I liked it, too.

by Anonymousreply 93July 7, 2017 2:34 PM

I liked Eva on DH. There was something really refreshing about her and it's always nice to see a gorgeous woman play comedy so well. I'm sure she learned alot on the DH set...good and bad.

by Anonymousreply 94July 7, 2017 4:46 PM

[Quote] I remember Felicity made Jessica Alba cry for some reason.

When did they work together??

by Anonymousreply 95July 7, 2017 5:01 PM

[r95] They did not! Felicit was Jessica's drama teacher and she was rather cruel to her.

by Anonymousreply 96July 7, 2017 5:39 PM

I adored the first season, enjoyed the 2nd, loved the 3rd and then, somewhere, it lost me. I'm trying to remember when. I know Dana Delany was on the show and was so incredibly boring that I'd almost fall asleep during her scenes.

by Anonymousreply 97July 7, 2017 6:16 PM

Longoria got married for the third time last year. She was producing for Telemundo, and she also is owner or co-owner of a restaurant.

by Anonymousreply 98July 7, 2017 6:23 PM

Felicity taught Jessica Alba to act. I would not brag about that.

by Anonymousreply 99July 7, 2017 6:23 PM

The biggest problem with the 3rd was that Marcia Cross got knocked up and whatever was planned for the climax of the season was changed so she could lay down. Then she had the baby and there were like 10 episodes left that the writers clearly had no clue what to do with.

by Anonymousreply 100July 7, 2017 6:26 PM

Unless they are all staged, in the bloopers for show every one seems to get along and the 4 main ladies seem to have good interaction with their co stars. I don't doubt there could probably be tension on the set, especially during Sheridan's exit, but i am not sure it was as bad as Jootson makes it seem. Jootson probably had a different working style then some of the other cast members. Didn't she start acting late in life ? Some of the things that annoyed her about the production might be normal on shows with lots of actors, sets, costumes, and storylines .

by Anonymousreply 101July 8, 2017 11:47 AM

I don't know if Dana Delaney and Teri Hatcher are the awful divas reported, but when Joosten died, they were the ones who posted the most lovely sentiments about her. Dana in particular talked about what a "great old broad" she was, which I think Joosten would have approved of.

by Anonymousreply 102July 8, 2017 11:52 AM

The second season is underrated in my opinion. I think there were many funny moments, especially scenes with Bree. I loved the funeral scene where she changed Rex's tie in the coffin and then the different episodes of her spiral into alcoholism. Lynette had some good scenes as well that season, especially her rentering the work force.

The third season was probably the strongest after the first season. Season 4 was good, but rushed because of the writers strike . the 5 th season in my opinion is when the show started slipping . There were several episodes that were good, but several that were duds. Season 6 was the worst in my opinion. season 7 was better than 6, but still not as strong as the earlier seasons. The final season for the most part was good, though didn't care for the reveal that orson was sending the notes.

by Anonymousreply 103July 8, 2017 12:10 PM

I've told this story here before but I once saw Marcia Cross at LAX pulling the don't-you-know-who-I-am act with a Southwest Airlines (!) gate agent. She wanted to board first before they called the groups so she wouldn't have to be bothered by fans. This was years before Desperate Housewives and years after Melrose Place. I think I was one of the only people around who recognized her. After witnessing that I could definitely believe she'd be demanding and not want to deal with extras or supporting players - anyone she didn't consider an equal.

by Anonymousreply 104July 8, 2017 12:16 PM

Joosten was a Trump supporter. Fuck her.

by Anonymousreply 105July 8, 2017 12:19 PM

It was the Empire of it's day. Amazing season 1 then never recovered. The only thing I liked after that was when Laurie Metcalf held up the supermarket. Should've been her 4th Emmy.

by Anonymousreply 106July 8, 2017 12:52 PM

Joisten used to stink up the bathroom on the set. Pee you!

by Anonymousreply 107July 8, 2017 1:00 PM

107 posts about Housewives and no one's brought up when Marcia Cross was outed?

by Anonymousreply 108July 8, 2017 1:12 PM

[quote] "Of all of them Teri was probably the friendliest to me. When I threw that Christmas party for the crew Teri was the only one who contributed and I thought that was very nice of her. She made a very nice contribution. She and I have chatted on occasion."

DAMN!!! That's the nicest thing she could say about Teri? She contributed money (but didn't attend the party for the cast) and they "chatted on occasion". The other women must have been a bunch of seriously hard core cunts

by Anonymousreply 109July 8, 2017 1:50 PM

[quote] I remember Felicity made Jessica Alba cry for some reason

Good. Jessica is supposed to be one of the biggest bitches in Hollywood. Really miserable and insufferable

by Anonymousreply 110July 8, 2017 1:54 PM

[quote] Unless they are all staged, in the bloopers for show every one seems to get along and the 4 main ladies seem to have good interaction with their co stars. I don't doubt there could probably be tension on the set, especially during Sheridan's exit, but i am not sure it was as bad as Jootson makes it seem.

You're wrong. Read the Vanity Fair article about the women They were all a bunch of prima donnas

by Anonymousreply 111July 8, 2017 1:57 PM

Pretty great scene at the end of this clip. Not sure what season but Dana Delaney and Nathan Fillion were in it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 112July 8, 2017 2:41 PM

Drea hated working on the show. And she did not get along with Marcia.

by Anonymousreply 113July 8, 2017 2:52 PM

Joosten comes across as an old curmudgeon but I did enjoy her "Blow it out your ass, lady!" comment regarding Marcia Cross.

by Anonymousreply 114July 8, 2017 3:00 PM

[quote]I've told this story here before but I once saw Marcia Cross at LAX pulling the don't-you-know-who-I-am act with a Southwest Airlines (!) gate agent. She wanted to board first before they called the groups so she wouldn't have to be bothered by fans.

That's hilarious. If I was the gate agent, I'd be tempted to say, "If you're all that, why are you flying Southwest?"

by Anonymousreply 115July 8, 2017 5:57 PM

The actors who played husbands had to take a pay cut during the last season. Felicity offered to give up a portion of her salary so Doug Savant wouldn't have to lose his money. He refused.

by Anonymousreply 116July 8, 2017 7:45 PM

When was Marcia outed?

by Anonymousreply 117July 10, 2017 12:58 AM

JOOPSTEN WAS A TRUMP SUPPORTER.

by Anonymousreply 118July 10, 2017 1:02 AM

R17 - not completely defending Teri Hatcher who sounds like a real nut, but it sounds like Pierce was in the wrong.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 119July 10, 2017 1:07 AM

Joosten was a Trump supporter? She died in 2012.

Nicholette- is that you?

by Anonymousreply 120July 10, 2017 2:02 AM

That is what I was going to say. How can she be a trump supporter when she died shortly after the show ended ? The show has been off the air for years now, long before trump announced his candidacy ..

by Anonymousreply 121July 10, 2017 3:29 AM

Is there any doubt that Deplorable Joosten would've supported Trump? I don't think so.

by Anonymousreply 122July 10, 2017 3:40 AM

Marcia/r122 -blow it out your ass, lady! You're still an ill-mannered See-you-next-Tuesday, I see.

by Anonymousreply 123July 10, 2017 11:31 AM

I knew Kathy J before she went to L.A.. Tough gal. Honest - to a fault. Bit her in the ass more than once. She got the last laugh on everyone who underestimated her. Good for her.

by Anonymousreply 124July 10, 2017 12:02 PM

Joosten had the bad gas problem. That's why no one invited her to their traliers. She farted. Alot.

by Anonymousreply 125July 10, 2017 1:04 PM

Joosten was very complimentary towards Lily Tomlin and was all smiles talking about her. I think the proposed spin off that was to star the two of them could've been very entertaining, but the network probably didn't want to take the gamble on a show with older female leads and Joosten's recurring health issues.

by Anonymousreply 126July 10, 2017 1:11 PM

[Quote] Good. Jessica is supposed to be one of the biggest bitches in Hollywood. Really miserable and insufferable

How bad is she??

by Anonymousreply 127July 10, 2017 1:24 PM

Spill more, R124. Can't believe I'm not asking this about a hot man, for once. So irl she was like her character Mrs. McCluskey...

by Anonymousreply 128July 11, 2017 12:33 AM

Yes, give us some more scoop, please.

by Anonymousreply 129July 11, 2017 12:38 AM

A guilty pleasure of mine is that I watched the Cherry's follow-up series Devious Maids. Not as good as Season 1 Desperate Housewives, but stayed pretty consistent and was probably better than the last few seasons of Housewives. It did not take itself too seriously, and in some ways the last season might have been the funniest. Lucci always claimed it was a great set and everyone got along. It could just be a PR statement, but I never heard of any drama on that show. I think the show's biggest problem might have been the maids were generally the least interesting characters.

by Anonymousreply 130July 11, 2017 2:12 AM

R130 I liked Devious Maids too. I loved Genevieve and The Powell's. It was more consistent overall than DH. It helped that they had shorter seasons, so less filler episodes. It had a lot of things going against it though. The budget wasn't great and dropped with each season and Lifetime never really promoted it much. They largely ignored it for the last two seasons and promoted their own produced show Unreal, although it's always had low ratings.

by Anonymousreply 131July 11, 2017 10:09 PM

Lifetime is really bad when it comes to handling their shows. They always force their shows to cut the budget by firing actors (they pulled the same thing on Drop Dead Diva) or demote them from main cast to recurring guests.

On Devious Maid they had to let go of Edy Ganem (Valentina) and Drew Van Acker (Remi, the hot son of Genevieve!) in their second season. I mean that's just crazy fire Drew.

(Link is from Pretty Little Liars).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 132July 11, 2017 10:18 PM

After watching that interview with the older lady talking about how none of the lead women spoke to anyone but each other, I will never watch ANY of them again. So fucking unprofessional and, well, FEMALE. Even Felicity who one would think was above all that, a true Actor.

By the way, the older actress (now dead) actually seemed to like Teri the best of all of them, though it was clearly relative.

by Anonymousreply 133July 11, 2017 10:24 PM

R133, Mary! Do you think this was the only set with bitchy divas? If you boycott all bad behavior you're going to be staring at the walls.

by Anonymousreply 134July 11, 2017 10:45 PM

Marc Cherry and Nicollette Sheridan (bless them) even managed to enjoy some quality dick on this show. Cherry allegedly fucked Jesse Metcalfe and Ms. Sheridan got her way with Josh Henderson. Who knows?

by Anonymousreply 135July 11, 2017 10:51 PM

Did Shawn Pyfrom and Ryan Carnes bone in real life?

by Anonymousreply 136July 11, 2017 10:53 PM

[R136] I very much doubt it.

by Anonymousreply 137July 11, 2017 11:00 PM

Marcia Cross was the center of a huge outing that seemed to deflate and go away. I don't remember the details.

by Anonymousreply 138July 12, 2017 3:49 AM

What was the original idea for Julie White and Kyle MacLachlan? I remember there was the initial scene which teased something interesting. Which is not what we got.

by Anonymousreply 139July 12, 2017 3:56 AM

Cross loves the puss.

by Anonymousreply 140July 12, 2017 7:43 AM

Marcia Cross is a full bush lover.

by Anonymousreply 141July 12, 2017 2:10 PM

R133 I don't think they're the only group of actors to do that. Didn't the cast Friends act the same way??

by Anonymousreply 142July 12, 2017 2:41 PM

R134, R142... I think it's less "Mary!" than the fact that I am on sets all the time for the day or two and NO actor has ever treated me that way. I would find some way to say "Fuck you" by the end of the day (once off the clock). It's one thing to be in a bad mood one day, it's another to not talk to your fellow actor on principle.

Trust me, the bigger most talented ones do NOT do this shit. Especially the guys. It's petty female bullshit. Or should I say "actress" bullshit. Save for the last one I worked with who was wonderful and very sweet -- and she was 11.

by Anonymousreply 143July 12, 2017 3:21 PM

[Quote] I would find some way to say "Fuck you" by the end of the day (once off the clock).

Ballsy.

by Anonymousreply 144July 12, 2017 4:45 PM

[quote] I would find some way to say "Fuck you" by the end of the day (once off the clock).

LOL. Sure. Because there is no chance that you will ever see them on some different project.

by Anonymousreply 145July 12, 2017 5:15 PM

R124 here - Kathy was a lot like her character. Crusty. Willing to tell it like she saw it. Very loyal to people who deserved it. Never forgot a kindness. Forever held a grudge. Very proud of her family. Very proud to be a working actor. Passionate about the respect due to the arts and artists. Did not suffer fools. Woe be anyone on her wrong side.

by Anonymousreply 146July 13, 2017 4:43 AM

People tend to be cliquey at my office workplace - and it's often based on their rank too.

Not to defend those desperate cunts or anything.

by Anonymousreply 147July 13, 2017 11:51 AM

Yeah but it's different with acting, at least with the best ones. Remember Streep's advice to Cher back in the day: "Do your best work on the other person's close-up." The better they look, the better you look. Though, indeed, bratty cunty behavior is always a drag -- in any field.

by Anonymousreply 148July 13, 2017 3:11 PM

cunt bump

by Anonymousreply 149November 27, 2017 10:00 PM

They did have some interesting eye candy. Mark Moses was a hot daddy, as was Doug Savant.

Interesting that a "story point" for both Tom Scavo and Zack Young was their enormous endowments.

by Anonymousreply 150November 27, 2017 10:22 PM

That Kathryn Joosten interview was hilarious - and brutal.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 151November 27, 2017 10:41 PM

R151 That interview was done just weeks before her death, don't know if she knew she was a goner at that point or not, but she had zero fucks to give about dishing the dirt.

She was a great actress though and preferred her to some of the Housewives.

by Anonymousreply 152November 27, 2017 10:54 PM

Wasn't there a plot in which it was revealed that Doug Savant's character was super-hung?

by Anonymousreply 153November 27, 2017 11:40 PM

I would have liked to see Shawn Pyfrom seduce and fuck Doug Savant.

by Anonymousreply 154November 27, 2017 11:48 PM

They all sound like insufferable cunts who let the fame go to their heads.

by Anonymousreply 155November 28, 2017 12:17 AM

R153 see R150.

(In other words, yes)

by Anonymousreply 156November 28, 2017 12:25 AM

OMG that Joosten video!

"Blow it out your ass, lady!"

by Anonymousreply 157November 28, 2017 12:34 AM

speaking of the DH cunts, Nicolette is the new Alexis!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 158November 28, 2017 10:36 PM

Hard to believe anyone would hire her again after the slap fiasco. Why do some people just keep failing upwards?

by Anonymousreply 159November 29, 2017 1:05 AM

Nicolette has had a long career and she was a great addition to both Knot's Landing and Desperate Housewives.

by Anonymousreply 160November 29, 2017 1:20 AM

I think Nicolette would have been a better Grace and would have taken the show in a much less dumbass direction.

by Anonymousreply 161November 29, 2017 1:25 AM

I might watch the new Dynasty if they added a certain DL favorite to play Caress, Nicolette's long-lost sister...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 162November 29, 2017 4:06 AM

I always wondered how Cross has managed to keep up the heterosexual facade all these years later. If she is gay, she must be miserable in that marriage.

by Anonymousreply 163December 3, 2017 7:53 PM

Pyfrom could now play Affleck's son.

by Anonymousreply 164December 3, 2017 7:59 PM

I worked on that set ever since 2006 until the bitter end. But I still keep in touch with some of the crew members, our costume designer Cate Adair, exec producer Sabrina Wind and Nicollette. She is the only actor from that show I see regularly. At least twice a year.

by Anonymousreply 165December 3, 2017 8:31 PM

[quote]I worked on that set ever since 2006 until the bitter end. But I still keep in touch with some of the crew members, our costume designer Cate Adair, exec producer Sabrina Wind and Nicollette. She is the only actor from that show I see regularly. At least twice a year.

Oh, please please spill!

Obviously we'd like to hear about all five of the housewives, but I'd also be curious about Jamie Denton.

There were some terrible sequences toward the end where it was obvious that Hatcher wasn't really in the scene with the others (over the shoulder shots, etc.). Were things terrible with her by then?

by Anonymousreply 166December 3, 2017 8:39 PM

Nicollette with her bros ... last week. The one on the right has the same mother as her, the father was Telly Savalas. And the guy on the left is also a son of Savallas and some other lady.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 167December 3, 2017 8:47 PM

Okay [R166]!

Jamie Denton is one of the nicest guys, not only in the business but probably on the planet. He is one of the most decent, respectful people. He is very grateful to Marc Cherry but I still suspect he sort of hates him for treating him like a prop. Marc was obviously attracted to Jamie. He objectified him so much it was almost ridiculous. He ignored his character on the show for years and then suddenly decided to kill him off. Hatcher threw a manic fit when she found out, it was sort of painful as he was her safety net on that set. She didn't even bother showing up at the last table read. She was in Las Vegas at some Disney function which technically excused her because it was "work related". She would have felt so uncomfortable there as Eva, Marcia and Felicity kept crying and hugging each other and taking pictures even with Dana Delany and Brenda Strong. Teri didn't even show up at the wrap party, she had her own at home (Vanessa was there and also Tuc Watkins and Kevin Rahm). And yes ... Teri's relationship with the ladies was icy, they never interacted in those last two years. Felicity tried, she was the only one. And Hatcher despised working with Cherry, especially in the last few years. It was obvious. He filmed a cameo with another showrunner Bob Daily in the series finale (played Hatcher's movers) and when Hatcher left the camera she just stood there with the crew and screamed at Cherry: "You look so stupid!" Well, he did.

by Anonymousreply 168December 3, 2017 9:11 PM

Thank you, r168! Very nice to hear about Denton; he seemed to be well-liked by all.

[quote]Teri's relationship with the ladies was icy, they never interacted in those last two years. Felicity tried, she was the only one.

Do you remember them shooting around Teri, using standins, adding her in digitally, etc. in scenes with the other women?

Was Vanessa well-liked? She seems like such a pleasant pro.

by Anonymousreply 169December 3, 2017 9:26 PM

They never added her digitally, that would cost them extra money. No, they always shot the scenes together like professionals. Vanessa was a great addition and she was very friendly with the cast and crew. They liked her too. All of them liked her.

by Anonymousreply 170December 3, 2017 9:30 PM

R168 Jamie seems nice and decent guy. He was excellent as Mr Lyle, too. Cherry missed endless opportunities with the charcters, especially Delfino. DH was rather bad in the final few seasons.

by Anonymousreply 171December 3, 2017 9:40 PM

Cherry is a sitcom writer and hired many many sitcoms writers for the show and it is obvious in the later seasons. He should have hired some soap writers to mix things up.

by Anonymousreply 172December 3, 2017 10:00 PM

Dana and Marcia slept together during season 4 and the beginnning of season 5 but Marcia's husband got very sick afterwards and it was impossible to keep it going. Marcia took care of him and stood by him.

by Anonymousreply 173December 7, 2017 11:50 AM

Here is a 14-minute documentary about making the last episode. You can watch Teri Hatcher having a mental breakdown on her last day. She is also missing from their little wrap party in the end.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 174December 7, 2017 3:56 PM

r165 What exactly happened with Drea de Matteo? I've read stuff about how she basically checked out after episode 1 of her season and hated the work environment.

And do you suspect Cherry sexually harassed some of the men on set or ran a casting couch?

by Anonymousreply 175December 7, 2017 6:28 PM

Hello [R175]. Drea lives in NYC, but she needed the job and the salary so she was willing to travel back and forth. She didn't fit in. It was very hard and unpleasant for such an introvert like her. You'd see her during the table read and feel very bad for her because she was never at the table with the main cast but seated on the side with guests, writers and assistants. Her face would turn totally red when she had to read her lines out loud in front of us. Painfully shy. But she was very friendly with Longoria. They used to sneak away behind the bushes to smoke ciggies together. She was always contracted just for one season. Cherry tried to make her stay when Delany got her pilot and left but she refused. Things were apparently sort of tense between her and her partner at the time. She got pregnant right after she finished the show.

Regarding Cherry - probably yes, it is possible. But he is very clever about these things. Who knows what's coming? Nobody is safe anymore. We might hear some stories about him soon.

by Anonymousreply 176December 7, 2017 9:31 PM

[quote]Vanessa was a great addition and she was very friendly with the cast and crew. They liked her too. All of them liked her.

I don't think I've heard a single negative thing about Vanessa Williams. She always comes across like a total pro.

by Anonymousreply 177December 8, 2017 12:33 AM

Plot Twist: Eva Longoria & Felicity Huffman are still friends!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 178December 8, 2017 2:23 AM

What's wrong with Teri? Did Marcia and Dana really sleep together?

by Anonymousreply 179December 10, 2017 2:27 AM

Teri Hatcher, alleged diva cunt, must be a good actress. She's been likable in every performance I've seen and also seemed charming when I saw her on talk shows back when she was a big star.

by Anonymousreply 180December 10, 2017 2:53 AM

Vanessa Williams is a doll. The Ugly Betty cast is still very, very tight and supportive of eachother. Michael Urie does alot of theatre and Vanessa and Judith Light always show up at his openings. I mean, during Ugly Betty, V shot a scene in bed with her ex hubby who cheated on her. How much more grown up can you get?

by Anonymousreply 181December 10, 2017 1:14 PM

Michael Urie has a career because of her. They'd planned to go the Murphy Brown route of having a rotating assistant for Wilhelmina, but Vanessa liked him so much, she would always stand close to him so they couldn't cut around him. It stuck.

I've always really liked her, but that story made me love her. What a thoroughly good person.

by Anonymousreply 182December 10, 2017 11:50 PM

R'182 Not surprised from everything I've heard about Vanessa Williams. There are alot of very thoughtful, generous actors out there. Unfortunately, the creeps get all the attention.

by Anonymousreply 183December 11, 2017 1:03 AM

I love Vanessa. I think with her, she was humbled by the Miss America experience. She knew she had to work extra hard for people to take her seriously. I love how she was able to overcome that scandal, and excelled in music, film, television and Broadway.

by Anonymousreply 184December 11, 2017 1:30 AM

What about Huffman? In interviews she always comes off as smug and pretentious.

by Anonymousreply 185December 11, 2017 1:58 AM

Not sure why everyone assumes co-stars have to like each other or be friends. Same thing with SATC.

by Anonymousreply 186December 11, 2017 2:14 AM

Big Little Lies was basically a remake of DH. More prestigious and dramatic, of course, but a remake nonetheless.

by Anonymousreply 187December 11, 2017 2:21 AM

R163 I'll have you know that Tim and I.....I mean, TOM and I....are as content and happy as two people in love can be!

by Anonymousreply 188December 11, 2017 2:23 AM

Hatcher and Sheridan were BFFs until the Marc Cherry incident. Everyone liked Hatcher the first season because she was grateful. She so much as said Marc Cherry saved her career. But she has a M.O. She starts out nice then boom you get psycho Teri. Ask Howie Long - who did the Radio Shack commercials with her how long it took to hate her.

by Anonymousreply 189December 11, 2017 2:51 AM

schkanks the whole lot of them!

by Anonymousreply 190December 11, 2017 2:54 AM

I worked with Vanessa Williams when she performed singing with a symphony. She was delightful, friendly to everyone, willing to do publicity, nice to the crew and hung out with me, even followed up with me on her own sending me an email after the show was over and she had moved on. I can't imagine her being cliquish and not being friendly to others on the set of DH. But who knows. She really was very down to earth and nice when I worked with her.

by Anonymousreply 191December 11, 2017 4:01 AM

[R191] Vanessa is the best. Really classy and lovely lady.

And yes, Sheridan and Hatcher were friends until the Cherry fiasco. Sheridan used her name in it when she described how Hatcher and Cherry used to argue and Cherry said he wished for Hatcher to get hit by a car and die. Their friendship never recovered. The lawyers did this shit. Nicollette lost so much money on that trial because they kept persuading her and bulshitting her, they insisted she still has a good chance and that she should keep filing complaints and motions. Fuckers.

by Anonymousreply 192December 11, 2017 9:18 AM

Teri was probably the most unpopular regular on the set.

by Anonymousreply 193December 11, 2017 10:56 AM

Cherry hates Teri but likes her work ethic, tolerates Marcia but considers her unfunny and weird, adores and admires Eva and loves Felicity's acting talent even though he always mentioned that he considered her unattractive. He loved Vanessa because he is a huge fan of musicals. And despised Nicollette (of course). He didn't want her to be a regular but Steve McPherson from ABC insisted that she was very opular when they tested the pilot. Male audiences responded to her and Eva(meaning they wanted to see them naked and fuck them) while the females identified with Teri's, Felicity's and Marcia's characters.

by Anonymousreply 194December 11, 2017 3:47 PM

Not sure why everyone assumes FEMALE co-stars have to like each other or be friends. Same thing with SATC.

by Anonymousreply 195December 11, 2017 6:05 PM

Just wanted to add I waited on Vanessa about twnety years ago, she was with two hangers-on who were not very cool to me, but she was. Ultimately, she paid the bill and gave me a good tip, I think she felt bad that her friends were being high maintenance. Also, she was absolutely gorgeous, probably the most beautiful person I've seen in person.

by Anonymousreply 196December 11, 2017 6:07 PM

Nicolette Sheridan is going to be Alexis on the new Dynasty reboot

by Anonymousreply 197December 11, 2017 6:18 PM

[Quote] Not sure why everyone assumes co-stars have to like each other or be friends. Same thing with SATC.

I think because fans hope they're dynamic on screen is exactly the same in real life. Which isn't exactly being realistic. I mean most casts try to at least look like they're getting along when they're promoting a show/movie.

by Anonymousreply 198December 11, 2017 6:25 PM

The DH cast was dished on and promoted as feuding within 8 weeks of it going to air. The Vanity Fair cover story and the cast interview with Oprah made sure of it. The truth is that Terry is a bit crazy but it was Marcia and Felicity who were the divas. Longoria aligned with them because Terry didn't really know how to play the way Cross and Felicity do. They did not respect Hatcher and she was under the impression that she was the lead in the show. A lot of Charlie's Angels petty conflicts grew large in middle aged actresses with their last big chance. Marc Cherry played into all of this, fanning the flames. Like a lot of gay men running shows, he's the biggest bitch diva of them all. Felicity Huffman is NOT a nice woman because she is the better actress?! She and her husband are insufferable fakes. It's true she tried to avoid the drama (in the beginning) but she was very insecure among the younger, sexier women. The talented one wants to be pretty too!! Who did the most talk show appearances during the run of the show. Terry Hatcher of course. She's adorable and charming, very down to earth. On her own.

by Anonymousreply 199December 11, 2017 6:41 PM

Love this thread!

by Anonymousreply 200December 11, 2017 6:53 PM

More, more!!

by Anonymousreply 201December 11, 2017 7:00 PM

The problem is that women play into Hollywood's hands and figth with each over over petty things. And for the most part it's just to promote the show, because the show needs some behind the scenes feuds to make it interesting. Or to stroke some mean Queen Bee's ego (like Marc Cherry) where the underlings fight to be the Queen Bee's favorite.

by Anonymousreply 202December 11, 2017 7:02 PM

I met Felicity at a premiere I was working. She was nice to me, even though I was a worker bee, and funny too.

by Anonymousreply 203December 11, 2017 10:53 PM

"It's TERI", R199.

by Anonymousreply 204December 11, 2017 11:14 PM

The show was nowhere close as being as successful, so there was probably not the ego problem, but it seems like they went out of the way to make sure the Devious Maids set never had similar problems. It could have a facade, but the cast seemed to really get along.

by Anonymousreply 205December 11, 2017 11:37 PM

Eva Longoria looks just like Matt Danin’s rabbit faced wife in that pic!

by Anonymousreply 206December 12, 2017 12:42 AM

Isn’t Hatcher a bad alcoholic or something ?

by Anonymousreply 207December 12, 2017 1:48 AM

Flicka Huffman has a long history of being a upper case C U N T

by Anonymousreply 208December 12, 2017 1:55 AM

Three of the women in the Sex and the City cast ARE close. Nixon, Davis and Parker. Cattrell is the loner. She never wanted to do the show. Never wanted to do the first movie. I have no idea how they talked her into that awful second movie and she clearly wants nothing to do with a third and final movie. Nixon and Parker worked together as child actors and their paths crossed over the years before SATC. Nixon and Davis are very good friends. Note how the three of them sat together at the Emmy's after the shows final season and Cattrall sat across the aisle with Darren Starr. That speaks volumes.

by Anonymousreply 209December 12, 2017 2:22 AM

Poor Kim, forced to make millions on a wildly successful series. I shall weep for her.

by Anonymousreply 210December 12, 2017 4:24 AM

I would love a book about the bts gossip.

by Anonymousreply 211December 12, 2017 5:22 AM

R211 I would too. There should be one for every tv show. I wonder what the male equivalent would be to the DH set??

by Anonymousreply 212December 12, 2017 4:06 PM

Shawn Pyfrom is a bisexual who was often high during the filming. But we had no idea, he managed his addiction very well. Andrea Bowen and Josh Henderson fucked. Good for her, straight men apparently fuck everything with a smelly vadge.

by Anonymousreply 213December 12, 2017 9:14 PM

Andrea Bowen was such a homely looking girl. That probably worked in her favor, having to do the majority of her scenes with insecure Hatcher.

by Anonymousreply 214December 12, 2017 9:58 PM

r209, define "close". Do Parker/Nixon/Davis actually see each other regularly? Hang out? I doubt it. Not like a Cox/Aniston friendship.

by Anonymousreply 215December 12, 2017 10:31 PM

Honey, this thread is about me, not about SATC cunts. Thank you for understanding.

by Anonymousreply 216December 12, 2017 10:45 PM

Still R209 is lying. The SATC women are not real life friends. They don't ever get together outside of work. Don't believe Sarah Jessica Parker. Not being friends doesn't mean they are enemies though. Geez, basic things are hard out here. Kim Cattrall explained why they weren't HER friends in very grown up detail and fashion.

by Anonymousreply 217December 12, 2017 11:37 PM

A few years ago, I went to a Coco Peru Interview with Lesley Ann Warren. They showed clips from DH, and of course, Coco tried to get dish out of her as to what it was like working with Teri Hatcher. Warren mostly refused to discuss it, but her eye-rolling told volumes. The irony, or course, is that Warren's working reputation isn't so far off from Hatcher's. They're two-of-a-kind.

I always thought Warren was way too young to have been cast as Hatcher's mother.

by Anonymousreply 218December 13, 2017 6:00 PM

Actually [R18] in the show she was a teen mom so it fits

by Anonymousreply 219December 13, 2017 6:12 PM

[R219] is absolutely right and they really looked like a mother and daughter.

by Anonymousreply 220December 13, 2017 9:07 PM

Leslie A Warren - has she ever not played a flaky ditz?

by Anonymousreply 221December 13, 2017 10:56 PM

I've heard stories about Lesley Ann Warren, but I love her. She comes across better than Hatcher at least. To have been a fly on the wall on that set with the two of them...

On a side note, I saw Lesley in something recently and she still looks beautiful.

by Anonymousreply 222December 13, 2017 11:23 PM

Quality wise the show had peaked by season five. But from a ratings standpoint I’m surprised ABC didn’t milk a few more seasons out of it. It could have gone 12 or 13 seasons like Dallas or Knots Landing. In fact the show may have benefited from rotating some of the leads out and bringing in a couple of new leading ladies to the lane.

by Anonymousreply 223December 14, 2017 2:30 AM

We wanted to kill Hatcher's character at the end of season 5 and make it a mystery the next year with all the housewives teaming up together and investigating this. She would be released from her contract and it would definitely bring some creative spark back. Sadly, Cherry nixed it, chose to kill Sheridan's character in a random episode with no build up or reveal and it just died on its ass after that. It got sitcomish and silly.

by Anonymousreply 224December 14, 2017 8:06 PM

Oh, shit! That would have been amazing if they'd killed Susan off instead of Edie. Way to go, Marc. Ugh. That was around where the show jumped off the rails for me.

by Anonymousreply 225December 14, 2017 8:36 PM

Hatcher never thought she was the star of the show. She herself said she thought her career was over when she got DH. The problem was she got nominated for GG and won. Then her. Cross and Huffman were all nominated for an Emmy. The plan was to let Hatcher have it but when she won the GG, Cross and Huffman submitted reels.

by Anonymousreply 226December 16, 2017 4:37 AM

This is such a great thread. Such interesting stories.

I thought Teri would come off worse but she doesn't seem to be that bad.

I've always thought Felicity was a smug bitch.

by Anonymousreply 227December 16, 2017 4:53 AM

Teri began to look like Michael Jackson during DH.

by Anonymousreply 228December 16, 2017 5:01 AM

Cinderella, R221.

by Anonymousreply 229December 16, 2017 6:05 AM

The wind was strong in Sydney. Terri has been touched by an Angel or Dean Cain again. Ugh.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 230December 16, 2017 6:20 AM

For my money, Marcia seemed like a really COLD CUNT! And both Felicty and he hideous husband are DOUCHEBAGS. What an icky group of women.

by Anonymousreply 231December 16, 2017 6:22 AM

Nicollette is the nicest and friendliest of them all (not saying she's a saint, we all have our bad days). She doesn't play the Hollywood game like Huffman & her ugly husband. She's definitely not a pretentious cunt like Longoria with her fake laugh and manufactured personality or a cold humorless cunt like Cross. Teri is not a bad person but she was abused as a child and she's had some problems with alcohol in the past and her biggest problem is insecurity, she might also be bipolar but I don't know for sure. Nicollette also doesn't give a fuck about paparazzi pictures, videos, interviews, publicity, image - been there, done that. She wants to live and let others live as well. She also doesn't interact with her mom very much (or at all). I think her mom was always jealous of her and her success on primetime shows like Knots Landing and DH. Her stepfather was Telly Savalas a.k.a. Kojak. Nicollette stopped talking to him when he left them and they reconciled literally days before his death, he begged her to come to the hospital and she came and forgave him. Her mom came with her to the funeral just to make sure he was really dead.

by Anonymousreply 232December 16, 2017 11:12 PM

[quote] Teri is not a bad person but she was abused as a child and she's had some problems with alcohol in the past and her biggest problem is insecurity, she might also be bipolar but I don't know for sure.

Sure sounds like a cunt to me.

by Anonymousreply 233December 16, 2017 11:20 PM

[quote]Hatcher never thought she was the star of the show. She herself said she thought her career was over when she got DH. The problem was she got nominated for GG and won.

Don't you have to submit a reel in order to be in the run for getting a nomination? Entering yourself in the hopes to get nominated doesn't exactly scream humble ensemble player.

by Anonymousreply 234December 16, 2017 11:55 PM

Joosten and Sheridan were the fan favorites by far.

by Anonymousreply 235December 17, 2017 12:16 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 236December 17, 2017 12:17 AM

We're discussing the WOMEN of Desperate Housewives, Jesse/r236. Your bitch tits don't count.

by Anonymousreply 237December 17, 2017 12:20 AM

Polly Bergen did some great work on the show too.

by Anonymousreply 238December 17, 2017 12:39 AM

Loving all this insider info! Were Teri Hatcher and James Denton friendly off-screen? They have a surprising amount of chemistry.

by Anonymousreply 239December 17, 2017 11:19 PM

I really like Nicolette and think she got a bad rap because of Cherry and DH. Maybe her lawsuit was ridiculous but it was stupid to kill off Edie because she was funny and a scene-stealer. Sheridan never seemed nonplussed that she wasn't one of the main four because she was a fan favourite regardless. She really was the fifth housewife (or sixth if you count Strong).

It doesn't surprise me what r232 says that Nicolette was friendly. Like Vanessa, Nicolette understands what it's like to be part of an ensemble because of her time on Knots. Hopefully she kills it as Alexis on the new Dynasty. I think she's a great choice.

by Anonymousreply 240December 17, 2017 11:29 PM

James Denton lol now there is a story. Mr. Married straigh man who banged every male PA he saw.

by Anonymousreply 241December 18, 2017 3:18 AM

R241 Really? Tell us more.

by Anonymousreply 242December 18, 2017 3:51 AM

Denton was handsome but the epitome of bland.

by Anonymousreply 243December 18, 2017 6:47 AM

Marcia and Dana were scissor sisters

by Anonymousreply 244December 18, 2017 10:10 AM

It's crazy to think what a powerhouse ABC sunday nights were at the time of this show and how they totally fucked it all up.

They also screwed up Brothers & Sisters as well as Revenge.

by Anonymousreply 245December 18, 2017 2:03 PM

[Quote] They also screwed up Brothers & Sisters as well as Revenge.

Revenge went to shit after season 1.

by Anonymousreply 246December 18, 2017 3:56 PM

Hatcher was very fond of Denton. She wanted him for herself when she laid eyes on him during the first table read. But then she found out he was married and they expected a child and backed off and became his best friend on the set. He was also very close with Doug Savant and Ricardo Chavira. Denton is gay friendly, totally comfortable with himself, very nice, true gentleman. Hatcher broke down in tears when she found out they're killing him off 7 episodes before the series finale. He had to calm her down and they were sitting and talking in Susan's kitchen for more than two hours. What a fucked up decision (Cherry did this to prove that they're killing off big characters all the time just to make a point in court). Denton knew why they did this, he was fine with it, Hatcher hated it, probably made her hate Marc Cherry even more.

by Anonymousreply 247December 18, 2017 5:32 PM

R213 likes to post bullshit. Pyfrom is not bisexual. He's in a glass closet and has only ever been interested in cock.

Henderson had to perform like Pyfrom with Cherry.

Cherry & Murphy usually only hires gays or guys that will do anything to get on a show like Monteith. Cherry though had less power than Murphy and some of the casting choices were ultimately ABCs decision.

by Anonymousreply 248December 18, 2017 6:12 PM

[quote] It's the Ally McBeal of its era

What's an Ally McBeal?

by Anonymousreply 249December 18, 2017 6:52 PM

R247 thanks for the inside info

by Anonymousreply 250December 18, 2017 6:55 PM

You know the show I starred on R249

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 251December 18, 2017 6:57 PM

It would have been fantastic if they killed Susan off and had a group effort from the other housewives to find out who did it. Oh, how I wish they had done that!

I believe I also read that Mike was supposed to marry Katherine at the end of s5, and Susan would be the one to lose her mind and stab herself etc. in s6. It would certainly have been much more believable for basket case Susan to pull stunts like that instead of Katherine.

Wow, when it came to Susan, Cherry made the wrong decision every time, didn't he?

by Anonymousreply 252December 18, 2017 7:45 PM

Terri was molested.

by Anonymousreply 253December 18, 2017 7:49 PM

I think Susan must've been popular with the fraus, so they didn't do anything drastic to her character. I could only tolerate her when she and Edie were feuding.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 254December 18, 2017 7:55 PM

I remember in the trans movie, felicity gave Michael Pitt a stern talking to in front of everyone for showing up late one day. Sounds fun.

by Anonymousreply 255December 18, 2017 8:38 PM

If you watch the Desperate Housewives bloopers it's pretty clear that Teri Hatcher was well liked. By the men. I don't believe she deserves the reputation many mention here. She seems sweet. Mike Denton loved her and who had more scenes with Susan than him? My understanding is that she had issues common to abuse victims and was more fragile and unpredictable than a bitch. Warning the blooper reels are not Seinfeld level funny. They aren't exactly a witty group. I always thought that the guy who played Carlos was the other gay cast member. Now I'm sure.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 256December 18, 2017 8:44 PM

[Quote] I remember in the trans movie, felicity gave Michael Pitt a stern talking to in front of everyone for showing up late one day. Sounds fun.

I wonder if she did the same with Lilo on the set of Georgia Rule? Or maybe that was Barbarella's job.

by Anonymousreply 257December 18, 2017 9:04 PM

r257 I remember William H. Macy stuck his nose in when all the shit about Lilo and Georgia Rule started. He talked about (or inferred - I can't recall exactly) about how she was late and it affected the film and filming of his wife's movie, blah, blah, blah.

by Anonymousreply 258December 19, 2017 12:00 AM

Michael Pitt was NOT in "Transamerica", for Godsakes. He was already way too good for it. Kevin Zegers may be whom you want.

by Anonymousreply 259December 19, 2017 1:36 AM

Eva Longoria was on Wendy's show last year and Wendy called Nicollette a bitch (I'm certain that she meant her character on the show but it came out sort of wrong and seemed very awkward) and Eva was very classy about it, defended Nic. Yikes. Then Wendy corrected herself and said she loved Nicollette. Whoa! She's such a fake cunt. You can see it at 8:07.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 260December 19, 2017 11:44 AM

William H Macy always looks like he just stuck his nose in shit.

by Anonymousreply 261December 19, 2017 1:39 PM

Loving this thread! Any gossip about the supporting cast? Kyle McLachlan, Kevin Rahm, Tuc Watkins etc

by Anonymousreply 262December 19, 2017 2:33 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 263December 19, 2017 2:40 PM

I totally forgot about the Applewhites in season 2. What were Alfre Woodard and Mechad Brooks like?

by Anonymousreply 264December 19, 2017 3:49 PM

Alfre Woodard is a good actress, but I don't think she fit in on the show well at all. Wasn't surprised she only lasted one season.

by Anonymousreply 265December 19, 2017 3:53 PM

Eva Longoria is pregnant! Four months along, she's expecting a baby boy. Giving birth somewhere around late April - early May.

by Anonymousreply 266December 21, 2017 9:31 AM

R265 She got good story line which didn’t go anywhere.

by Anonymousreply 267December 21, 2017 11:43 AM

This reminds me of when Val Cherish finally gets sick of Paulie G and calls him out in an interview, only to watch him speak about how professional and classy she was to work with.

by Anonymousreply 268December 23, 2017 10:17 PM

I remember watching in High School thinking that Jesse Metcalfe was EVERYTHING. I look at the pictures now and he's sort of meh.

by Anonymousreply 269December 23, 2017 10:20 PM

Alfre Woodard only lasted a year on [italic]St. Elsewhere[/italic], too. At least there she got a better-written storyline.

by Anonymousreply 270December 23, 2017 10:22 PM

Can someone refresh me on Alfre's story? I think I was beginning to fade out at that point.

by Anonymousreply 271December 23, 2017 10:25 PM

[quote]Can someone refresh me on Alfre's story? I think I was beginning to fade out at that point.

She had a son that she kept locked up in her basement for some reason, perhaps because she thought he'd killed someone. Bree found out, but her stupid daughter had spilled to the other son that Andrew had run over Carlos' mother, so she blackmailed Bree to keep silent.

I think the other son was the actual murderer.

by Anonymousreply 272December 23, 2017 11:04 PM

I stopped watching DH when Evie was killed off. I really wished they had killed off Bree. Nicollette was definitely the star of the show.

by Anonymousreply 273December 23, 2017 11:50 PM

If i had to choose i would have killed off Susan or Lynette.

by Anonymousreply 274December 24, 2017 9:37 PM

R274 I agree, both could be very annoying.

by Anonymousreply 275December 24, 2017 9:59 PM

R273 Bree was my favorite and reason to watch it

by Anonymousreply 276December 25, 2017 6:34 AM

Alfre Woodard is a great actress but I found her story painfully bad. She gave it her all but she didn't mesh with the rest of the cast. Mehcad, however, was/is hot as hell and it was the first time I noticed him.

The second season, however, was shit. I lost interest in the show after that.

by Anonymousreply 277December 25, 2017 6:47 AM

I remember Marc Cherry getting into a lot of trouble discussing the casting of Alfre Woodard. He said something like, "I can't believe I'm working with an African-American actress." He thought he was being cool but came off as totally racist. You could tell Woodard was really embarrassed. Cherry made a big deal of writing her in, then had no idea what to do with the storyline.... also, something really weird happened with the actor playing her son. Anybody remember? He was replaced after the third episode. Something having to do with sexual harassment.

by Anonymousreply 278December 25, 2017 6:56 AM

R221 Only since Victor/Victoria. It was both a blessing and a curse for Lesley Ann Warren. She got an Oscar nomination and became a gay icon. But became typecast and mostly relegated to playing ditz-like characters. She worked steady for at least 15 years previous to V/V, but I don't think she ever played a ditz until "Norma".

by Anonymousreply 279December 25, 2017 7:29 AM

[quote]Only since Victor/Victoria. It was both a blessing and a curse for Lesley Ann Warren. She got an Oscar nomination and became a gay icon. But became typecast and mostly relegated to playing ditz-like characters.

Did you ever see her screen test for Donner's Superman? She obviously wasn't cast, but was definitely playing Lois as an airhead.

by Anonymousreply 280December 25, 2017 7:36 AM

[Quote] Mehcad, however, was/is hot as hell and it was the first time I noticed him.

He was even hotter on True Blood. It's a shame his character gets so much hate on Supergirl.

by Anonymousreply 281December 26, 2017 6:10 AM

Someone upthread mentioned the Ugly Betty cast, who all appear to remain friendly--is that an anomaly amongst ensemble casts on long running shows? It does seem odd that the women of DH spent 8 years together and then stopped speaking to each other.

by Anonymousreply 282January 14, 2018 10:45 PM

Dear [R282] Eva and Felicity are still friends, Marcia sort of faded away and stopped being their friend after the show ended. Teri hasn't seen these ladies since 2012, she is still in touch with James Denton, Andrea Bowen and Mason Vale Cotton who played her son. Nicollette still talks to some members of the crew and the costume designer Cate Adair. No idea about Vanessa and the others. Felicity and Doug Savant had a small reunion back in 2014, they went to lunch together as far as I know. But nothing ever since.

by Anonymousreply 283January 15, 2018 7:16 PM

This show was such a case study in how to totally fuck up what could have been (what is?) an iconic franchise.

Agree with posters above that Nicolette was *THE* most interesting and amusing of the entire cast by a very, very wide margin...

Cherry got drunk on power and the show got worse with each season following the first, with the show an absolute and total joke by the time (the otherwise divine) Vanessa Williams joined.

The show should have run 10+ years ala GREY'S ANATOMY, but, alas, Cherry and the horrible writers' room destroyed something that was once so tapped into the zeitgeist. It's very telling to note that he has not had a network show since, with the middling DEVIOUS MAIDS relegated to Lifetime for it's relatively brief run and the twice retooled HALLELUJAH aka GLEE rip-off, never even making it to air. Does he even have anything in the works?

A water cooler show turned to a toilet bowl and never recovered. Even the last episode was a joke. It was embarrassing, actually (ditto the last three seasons).

A shame. And, a lesson.

by Anonymousreply 284January 15, 2018 10:47 PM

R284 Cherry had a pilot with Reba McEntire for ABC last year, but they didn't pick it up. Apparently he shopped it around elsewhere and didn't get any takers. Not surprising, since it sounded awful.

by Anonymousreply 285January 15, 2018 11:29 PM

Thanks for the info, R284. I guess that says it all that with a home-run show starring Reba he fucked it up somehow. Pathetic.

I'm sure I'm dreaming, but I think a DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES movie in a few years could be fun... even if it was just Eva and a whole new crew (with some separately filmed cameos from the other four/five). Reboots/revivals of stuff like this is all the rage, after all, at least at the moment.

No?

by Anonymousreply 286January 15, 2018 11:36 PM

No. Yeah I know a lot of people, male and female, who watched. I don't know anyone who didn't think Nicolette was the best. Maybe it was because she came in smaller doses.

by Anonymousreply 287January 15, 2018 11:40 PM

Sorry. I meant who didn't think Nicolette was the best. Everyone I knew thought Nicolette was the best ....there.

by Anonymousreply 288January 15, 2018 11:41 PM

Cherry had another pilot that didn't get picked up a few years ago called Cheerleader Death Squad.

I enjoyed Devious Maids for the most part. It was never as good as Desperate Housewives was at it's best, but it's worst was better than DH's was. The biggest problem was the maids weren't as interesting as their bosses were (The Powells and Genevieve were great).

by Anonymousreply 289January 15, 2018 11:55 PM

Cherry is never going to work with these women again. Especially Hatcher and Cross (I am not even counting Nicollette). He might work with Eva, Brenda Strong, Felicity and maybe Dana Delany in the future - he really had a thing for her. That is why he kept her around for two extra seasons and gave her almost nothing to do. Creepy fixation on Kyle MacLachlan as well.

by Anonymousreply 290January 16, 2018 1:27 AM

Shawn Pyfrom at Paris Fashion Week...looking homeless.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 291February 24, 2018 11:07 AM

R21 is very wise, he put into words exactly my impression of the show. I quit watching it forever when Alfredo Woodard's storyline began (and she is a good actress). I never realized that I stopped watching in season 2 never to return--especially since I loved season 1. Sorry Terry, but Eva Longoria stole that show from you. She was the perfect cheating housewife who had it all, gorgeous husband, home, and boyfriend.

by Anonymousreply 292February 24, 2018 11:25 AM

Re the comments about Vanessa Williams above, I had the same experience years ago when she was the first celebrity I ever interviewed. I was nervous, and I worked for a nonprofit and so it was a novel and awkward situation for me to be sitting there with a celebrity I admired. This was during Ugly Betty, so she was Wilhelmina but also the singer I liked from the 90s.

Anyway, she is on the board for Special Olympics, and that is what we discussed, along with an independent film in which she starred as the mother of an intellectually disabled son. I was frankly prejudiced and expected her to be somewhat vapid, but she knew Special Olympics inside and out, hsving served on its board for a decade, and she came across more as a nonprofit executive than as a performer. She also related her role in the movie to her personal experiences as a mother of five, and it was clear that she was not a dump-your-kids-with-the-nanny type of mother. She was a loving disciplinarian—and proud of it.

We briefly discussed Ugly Betty, too, and all she wanted to talk about was Michael Urie. She called him a genius and insisted that he really is a truly brilliant stage actor, not a TV actor and not a bit player. She was proud of the Wilhelmina character and of the versatility of her career. She also brought up the Miss America scandal of her own volition without any apparent embarrassment or shame, etc., and very matter of factly said that she had trained as a musician, a vocalist and an actor, and that her career progression as each of these is the result of hard work...and that movies need to employ more intellectually disabled actors, who likewise are capable of anything, they just have to work hard with patient people to get their potentials across.

I really admire Vanessa Williams. It’s remarkable that everyone everywhere has universally positive things to say about her.

by Anonymousreply 293February 24, 2018 11:54 AM

I remember how brilliant the first season felt. It was just so well written and felt so creative at the time, combining comedy and murder mystery, and re-introducing the then-antequated word and notion of the “housewife.”

Teri Hatcher was adorably awkward in a way that was novel and not at all irritating—until season two, when the same characterization became intolerable. I feel bad for Hatcher. She did her job, but the writing went from great to tired in one year.

The Bree character was a fascinating character study who had greater depths to plumb than the superficial Susan character did. Her tense OCD in season one was funny and pitiful at the same time. Killing her husband and making her an alcoholic and then a Martha Stewart should have been lots of shark jumping but I think her character was interesting enough to sustain that progression over the long run, and Cross’s acting deserved recognition whether or not she’s a nut.

Huffman was a strong actress who maybe had the greatest character longevity because she was a slow burn and most realistic as an average person, so she seemed least interesting at first and lasted longest as the novelty of the too-quirky others wore thin.

I never loved Longoria’s character. She was as shallow as Susan, but mean, and...meh. I didn’t care about her. Interesting that Eva Longoria has really turned out to be the multifaceted workhorse of the group over time. She co-developed Devious Maids, and it was both a ripoff of Desperate Housewives and in the long run an improvement on the idea because it stsyed ridiculous and buoyant throughout its run. I have a feeling that’s Longoria’s influence more than Cherry’s. He really does seem like Ryan Murphy in that he has some great ideas that pair up tragedy and campy satire, but their success is based more on novelty than on actual brilliance, and once the novelty wears off, the shows fail.

I loved the Nicollette Sheridan character and always felt she was underused, and I hated the stupid way she was killed off. It was so random and, as someone above said, a wasted opportunity for a dramatic build and a crushing character death. I think this show was a true ensemble (Susan = comedy; Bree = drama; Gabrielle = enviously hateable; Lynette = relatable) and I would not consider Evie to have been “the star,” but she was the neighborhood antagonist and getting rid of her was a mistake. Sheridan’s beauty may have overshadowed her charisma, but her magic was missed when she was offed.

It’s a shame that people can’t find ways of getting along.

by Anonymousreply 294February 24, 2018 12:31 PM

Not surprising that Eva (at R263) would be happy the show is in its 5th set of reruns in Europe. I don't find it has very much if any replay value though. As fresh and vital as it seemed, now it looks timeworn and dull and even more antiquated than Sex and the City. I don't think it has been repeated anywhere near me for many years.

by Anonymousreply 295February 24, 2018 1:14 PM

[quote] I have a feeling that’s Longoria’s influence more than Cherry’s

I think Cherry largely left after season 2 at least when it came to writing. I remember hearing rumors that Eva was not thrilled when he killed off Carmen's gay husband and had wanted do more with him (and he was a friend of hers). Season 3 and 4 were probably plotted out better without Cherry's influence. It was not necessarily a great show, but I found it fun and think it could have gone a season or 2 longer. It was nice to see Lucci get to flex her comedic chops, and she and the Powells were probably the highlights of the show. It was not as good as Desperate Housewives season 1, but it was more consistent and never plummeted to the depths Housewives did.

by Anonymousreply 296February 24, 2018 1:22 PM

R296 I had never seen Lucci act before this show. All I knew about her was the fabled non-Emmy career. And when I saw the show I thought, wow, this old lady seems sweet but she REALLY is delivering every line like she is reading it for the first time. Still, she grew on me over time. She has some kind of screen presence even if she is a terrible actor by the standards of...good acting.

by Anonymousreply 297February 24, 2018 1:25 PM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 298February 24, 2018 6:08 PM

Langoria's co-producer credit in Devious Maids was Marc Cherry's reward for siding with him in the court case between him and Nicolette Sheridan where she accused him of physical assault (he slapping her on set).

by Anonymousreply 299February 24, 2018 6:38 PM

R299 I don’t buy that. Longoria has significant production credits, most notably Telenovela, and I’m certain she had a legitimate production role with the also-Latina-focused Devious Maids. She has established a diverse professional portfolio. She’s not some moron who was given a vanity credit for having performed a personal favor.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 300February 24, 2018 6:45 PM

The trial revealed a lot of behind the scenes drama. The article below left out one of more out there tidbit where Nicollette claimed Cherry told her "I hope Teri Hatcher gets hit by a car and dies."

"For years, it's felt like the juiciest Desperate Housewives drama has probably been playing out behind the scenes, and the recent trial pitting Nicollette Sheridan against showrunner Marc Cherry confirmed it. The case ended yesterday with a declared mistrial, which seems apt because after all the testimony, nobody on the show came out a winner: Among all the accusations flung back and forth between Sheridan and Cherry, dirt was spilled on the other actors, who suffered collateral damage. Here's a roundup of the weirdest and most revealing tidbits that came to light about each Housewives mainstay, all of whom must be dreading the potential of a second trial.

Marcia Cross Sheridan was often late to work because she felt she wasn't needed as early as she was being called in, executive producer George Perkins testified. Unprofessional behavior? Perhaps, though Perkins then admitted that Marcia Cross is late to work 25 percent of the time, too.

Teri Hatcher During the first season, Cherry testified, he was called to set to handle a blowup between Sheridan and Teri Hatcher. "Nicollette pulled me aside and told me that Teri Hatcher was the meanest woman in the world because of how she was acting," Cherry said. Not that he was partial to either woman: Perkins confirmed that Hatcher's Susan was among the characters Cherry considered killing in season five before settling on Sheridan's Edie Britt.

Felicity Huffman Surely Felicity Huffman came out of the trial smelling like a rose? Well, not quite: Cherry said that at a party for the show's 100th episode, Huffman and Longoria came to him and revealed that Sheridan had asked both women if they'd be amenable to negotiating as a group when their contracts were up. It was then that Cherry told them that Sheridan was getting killed off, two months before Sheridan herself found out. Huffman and Longoria, said Cherry, were "relieved."

Eva Longoria Sheridan wasn't the only actress that Cherry got physical with: He testified that when he's on set, he will often pick up the diminutive Eva Longoria and place her wherever she needs to be standing for the scene. Presumably, she is ambulatory and can walk to her mark herself, but Cherry is just that hands-on.

Ricardo Antonio Chavira "He has [also] taken Ricardo Chavira's face into his hands to show Eva how to kiss him," tweeted Daily Beast trial correspondent Maria Elena Fernandez, adding helpfully, "I AM NOT MAKING THIS UP."

Neal McDonough McDonough played Sheridan's husband during the fifth season, and Sheridan testified that the actor was firmly on her side: Though he wasn't present when Cherry struck Sheridan, he told her later that if he had seen it happen, he would have hit Cherry back for her.

James Denton The only actor aside from Sheridan to testify at the trial, Denton was described as "uncomfortable" on the stand, and his presence there revealed a significantly spoilery plotline: Denton, too, was about to be killed off the show, in a suspiciously well-timed exit that would off a character nearly as significant as Sheridan's once was. "A reporter told me that when James Denton stepped outside courtroom the other day, he yelled SHIT!" wrote Fernandez. "That guy looked so tortured."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 301February 24, 2018 7:05 PM

I've been rewatching it on Hulu. It really was one of a kind, especially in season 1 where there was more black comedy. It offered all the addictive storytelling style and plot twists of a full-fledged soap opera without taking itself too seriously. It's no wonder it was such a spectacle during that first year. I just watched a scene where Martha Huber's creepy sister walks outside and tells the neighborhood a sensationalized account of her murder and then finishes it with, "But the good news is, there is no evidence that she was molested!" The show was just so wonderfully bizarre.

by Anonymousreply 302March 11, 2018 11:42 PM

It was a PHENOMENON its first year! It was an understandable mistake that they kept trying to do "mystery" stories, because they would always pale in comparison to S1.

When it ended, Entertainment Weekly interviewed most everyone and noted that Teri Hatcher's comments were from e-mail. She took it personally that Denton was killed off, and found it unfair that Susan started the show alone and was ending the same way.

by Anonymousreply 303March 11, 2018 11:54 PM

It did fade pretty quickly after the first year.

I might check out the later season where they skipped five years — I remember Gaby's relationship with her porky daughter was funny.

by Anonymousreply 304March 11, 2018 11:56 PM

I remember seeing a promo of the show before it was out that showed Marcia Cross (I think) stomping across the floor of a swimming pool in high heels and thinking “this is going to be the best show I have ever seen.”

by Anonymousreply 305March 11, 2018 11:59 PM

Teri Hatcher recently said she desperately wants to do a revival of the show. She seems to think the other Housewives (Cross, Huffman and Longoria) would be willing to do it again also but apparently Mark Cherry doesn't want to.

by Anonymousreply 306March 12, 2018 12:17 AM

Mark Cherry is a massive #metoo waiting to happen, unfortunately.

by Anonymousreply 307March 12, 2018 12:18 AM

Teri’s van is in desperate need of repairs.

by Anonymousreply 308March 12, 2018 12:25 AM

R307 There were lots of rumors him being inappropriate in various ways. Being very dismissive and nasty to the cast and crew, and him being very "hands on" with some of the male stars of the show when giving direction. And that's not even going into the casting couch rumors. Does anyone believe Metcalfe got on the show in the traditional way?

by Anonymousreply 309March 12, 2018 12:26 AM

R309 Given that the traditional way in Hollywood is this way, yes, I think Jesse M got his role as the shirtless teen lawn mower the traditional way!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 310March 12, 2018 12:31 AM

There were some good moments after season 1, but did they ever have a good mystery after the first year?

by Anonymousreply 311March 12, 2018 12:30 PM

I remember a scene with Cody Kash and his on screen dad where Cody was just wearing boxers and you could see his dick flopping around (underneath the boxers) when he moved. Wow!

by Anonymousreply 312March 12, 2018 1:34 PM

I miss the Love Boat Mermaids.

by Anonymousreply 313March 12, 2018 3:49 PM

Season 1 was perfect. Every following season was worse then previous.

by Anonymousreply 314March 12, 2018 3:58 PM

Eva is pretty impressive. She went back to UCLA and got her MA on Chicano Studies after the show ended. Not honorary either - I read her thesis online and it was actually well researched and written.

by Anonymousreply 315March 12, 2018 5:06 PM

I thought i read in an interview somewhere that Eva also studied Kinesiology.

by Anonymousreply 316March 13, 2018 1:42 PM

Marcia is gay

by Anonymousreply 317May 3, 2018 10:08 PM

Nicollette Sheridan got her last laugh with that fabulous comeback on DYNASTY.

by Anonymousreply 318July 10, 2018 4:56 PM

Bree was the original HBIC

by Anonymousreply 319July 10, 2018 4:58 PM

OP false premise. Eva Longwhoria never seems to go away. She's always around blabbering on in her cheery "intelligent airhead" manner.

by Anonymousreply 320July 10, 2018 5:02 PM

Mark Moses wanted to fuck Nicollette Sheridan really badly back during the first season.

by Anonymousreply 321July 10, 2018 5:10 PM

Eva gave birth to her first child, a son, last month.

by Anonymousreply 322July 10, 2018 5:18 PM

Just read this entire thread. Enjoyed the tidbits but of course nothing can be taken as fact since it's all anonymous and there are a few contradictions on who was nice and who wasn't. I hope there won't be a reunion or rehash, it's bad enough Charmed and Charlie's Angels are getting remade. SATC dragged it on far too long to the point I remember more as boring than enjoyable.

by Anonymousreply 323July 10, 2018 7:21 PM

I felt like the first two episodes of season six were very much in the vein of the first season. Dark humor and less sitcomish humor. That’s what was wrong with season five. Plus, Tom’s bastard daughter never returned to get revenge on Lynette. They were gonna do a musical episode and an episode where Mary Alice never died.

by Anonymousreply 324July 19, 2018 5:09 AM

R318, I wouldn't call the CW's Dynasty a comeback.

by Anonymousreply 325July 19, 2018 5:31 AM

Is any role worth having to sleep with Marc Cherry? Blech. Especially one that only lasts a season. Metcalfe must of gone on Prozac the next day.

by Anonymousreply 326July 19, 2018 6:13 AM

Bump.

by Anonymousreply 327July 19, 2018 6:23 AM

[quote]I felt like the first two episodes of season six were very much in the vein of the first season. Dark humor and less sitcomish humor.

Yeah, the first few episodes of season six were great. Then it gradually got worse and worse until the ridiculous plane crash and then it really took a nosedive. The stupid What If episode might actually be my least favorite of the entire series, even though Felicity Huffman is terrific in that one scene with the crippled son. Teri Hatcher in the fat suit was so juvenile and lame, as was the crazy broke hermit Gabi. And I don't even remember what Bree's What If story was. That was the first time I was ever like, "What the hell am I watching?"

...Then came the awful bisexual arc with Katherine.

by Anonymousreply 328July 19, 2018 5:09 PM

Even though I stopped watching around Season 4, one thing I always liked about Desperate Housewives were the episode titles, from Stephen Sondheim lyrics. There were some nice titles in the first few seasons but they did get weirder as the show continued ("In a World Where the Kings Are Employers", etc.).

I am loving this thread as well, all the behind-the-scenes gossip is always fun, especially feuds between actors who play best friends. I do remember loving the first season, so am thinking I should dig out the DVDs, although I only have Seasons 1-3.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 329July 19, 2018 8:27 PM

Nicollette Sheridan was betrayed by both Longoria and Huffman.

by Anonymousreply 330August 4, 2018 10:53 AM

Is Longoria a little person?

by Anonymousreply 331August 4, 2018 11:12 AM

She is a cunty person.

by Anonymousreply 332August 4, 2018 11:14 AM

One of the huge missed opportunities of this show (and they are myriad) is that they never did a musical episode... especially once Vanessa Williams joined the cast. Of course, Teri Hatcher did CABARET on Broadway, so one assumes she could have acquitted herself adequately without too much auto-tune. If the show had played out its run as planned (with another season), they probably would have tackled it... especially since Marc Cherry was developing his GLEE knockoff HALLELUJAH at the same time (which they filmed not one, but two pilots for to no avail). I guess it was time to send in the clowns (pun intended).

by Anonymousreply 333August 4, 2018 9:05 PM

I’ve never heard such a vast array of contrasting group character references. One moment you’re hearing ‘they’re all awful and totally selfish’ then next minute ‘of course they were very generous and giving to the cast and crew.’ Case in point Joosten saying Marcia was ‘totally cold’ then the next minute you hear Marcia offered to pay for Savant’s paycut shortfall in the final season. And this was someone she didn’t even have many scenes with. So what gives? They all sound like a bunch of old balls cast and crew alike. That interview with Joosten is fabulous but is indicative of all of their behaviour, they weren’t willing to look outside of their bubbles, Joosten included. For example she said the women would only talk to each other predominantly, had it ever occurred to her that most of their scenes were with each other and they were prepping for the next upcoming scene?! She says ‘all they cared about was makeup’ well, was it them or the network? The show positioned them as glamour-pusses so I’m sure it was less about their ‘product.’ Does anyone remember Teri Hatcher is on Oprah? I was struck how brave she was showing her face early in the morning before makeup. She looked like hell warmed up and admitted that herself so I don’t think they were scared of looking anything other than perfect. Pretty sure Cross said a few years back that they were ‘paid to not eat.’ Also, Joosten holds herself up like a saint for not caring about makeup but would a character of their deathbed be made up to the nines? I chalk this up to a cast and crew of not particularly bright or emotionally intelligent people.

by Anonymousreply 334August 4, 2018 11:28 PM

Nicollette was the nicest (most real) person on that set. She has always been vey honest which is rare, especially in Hollywood.

by Anonymousreply 335August 6, 2018 6:38 PM

R334, I think you misread the post. Felicity Huffman gave up a portion of her salary for Doug Savant, her TV husband, not Cross.

Thanks to this thread, I started rewatching the series on Hulu. I started with the Laurie Metcalf episode from the season starring the back of a stand in's head as Bree. Season four was a high point. Season five (which I'm on now) is a bit of a slog.

by Anonymousreply 336August 14, 2018 3:25 PM

r336 The first two disaster episodes were both pretty brilliant. I can't sing enough praises about Bang, and while I think Something's Coming is a little bit cheesier, it was also fantastic, and is a good representation of the show's second peak. There's been nothing like it before or since, mishmashing dark comedy with soapy drama, on top of in-depth mystery; while juggling at least four different storylines. It was at its best when it got the chance to show off how well it could balance all of that.

by Anonymousreply 337August 14, 2018 7:08 PM

I just remember the tornado episode they treated it like it was a hurricane. Preparing all day for the coming storm, when tornadoes don't tend to give you much notice. There might be watches that they could develop but they end up appearing quickly and disappearing quickly and have a much more narrow path. You don't buy a week's worth of water.

by Anonymousreply 338August 15, 2018 1:42 AM

Jesse Metcalfe’s breasts have led me to question my sexual orientation a few times.

by Anonymousreply 339August 15, 2018 10:48 AM

r339, I think you can get those breasts through a catalog.

by Anonymousreply 340August 15, 2018 11:46 AM

R340 I admit Jesse’s gynecomastia/breast implants look wrong and yet they turn me on.

by Anonymousreply 341August 15, 2018 11:57 AM

I’m the sassy-butch photographer’s assistant who stole the film of Julia sucking pearls from her misogynist boss!

by Anonymousreply 342August 15, 2018 12:05 PM

[quote][R318], I wouldn't call the CW's Dynasty a comeback.

Agreed... the character is a miss and Sheridan's performance is indifferent at best.

by Anonymousreply 343August 15, 2018 12:29 PM

The tornado episode included a plane crash or something, right?

by Anonymousreply 344August 15, 2018 3:13 PM

R344 No, the plane crash happened in another episode. They killed off Karl in that episode.

by Anonymousreply 345August 15, 2018 3:21 PM

Does anyone know what Julie White's original storyline was going to be? She was on the Season 2 finale, and was going to have an arc on Season 3, but her show Little Dog Laughed transferred to Broadway and she left the tv show.

by Anonymousreply 346August 15, 2018 3:58 PM

Brenda Strong has actually continued to work consistently: Dynasty, Supergirl, 13 Reasons Why. And then smaller arcs on The 100 and Fear the Walking Dead.

by Anonymousreply 347August 15, 2018 4:42 PM

[quote] I’m the sassy-butch photographer’s assistant who stole the film of Julia sucking pearls from her misogynist boss!

Um, I don’t think we’re doing that here.

by Anonymousreply 348August 15, 2018 7:24 PM

[quote]I just remember the tornado episode they treated it like it was a hurricane. Preparing all day for the coming storm, when tornadoes don't tend to give you much notice. There might be watches that they could develop but they end up appearing quickly and disappearing quickly and have a much more narrow path. You don't buy a week's worth of water.

Yes, that was hilarious. And I remember Katharine preparing for it by putting scotch tape over the windows, like that would do any good. I also disliked how sunny it was immediately after the tornado. Not that it doesn't happen in real life, but it really ruined the mood for me.

by Anonymousreply 349August 15, 2018 7:30 PM

The final season improved a bit. Season seven was pretty much unwatchable.

by Anonymousreply 350September 10, 2018 1:51 AM

Marcia Cross is battling cancer :(

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 351September 15, 2018 8:02 PM

That's sad. Hopefully she beats it.

She doesn't look bad with the short, greying hair though.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 352September 15, 2018 8:15 PM

[quote] Yes, that was hilarious. And I remember Katharine preparing for it by putting scotch tape over the windows, like that would do any good.

It doesn't? I thought that way the glass woudn't burst and cut everything in the room into million pieces.

by Anonymousreply 353September 15, 2018 8:25 PM

r353 If a tornado is anywhere near you, there's going to be debris smashing through the windows and breaking through the tape. I doubt tape would help unless it was a very weak tornado.

by Anonymousreply 354September 15, 2018 8:55 PM

Have Eva, Teri and Felicia issued a statement about the cancer??!?

by Anonymousreply 355September 15, 2018 9:05 PM

r353, I thought that tape would prevent windows from bursting into million tiny pieces flying through the room when hit by strong wind based in inside vs. outside pressure. Sure flying debris can hit windows but that's more of a lottery kind of game (debris hitting wall vs. smashing through windows if your home is more wall than glass).

by Anonymousreply 356September 15, 2018 9:10 PM

Sorry, based ON inside vs. outside pressure.

by Anonymousreply 357September 15, 2018 9:10 PM

Sheridan publicly called out Longoria on Twitter (later deleted her tweet).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 358September 27, 2018 6:49 PM

And poor Marcia had anal cancer. She's fine now.

by Anonymousreply 359September 27, 2018 6:52 PM

I love this photo - a giant, a woman and a dwarf.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 360September 27, 2018 6:56 PM

R358 Eva sucks for siding with Cherry. He rewarded her by letting her being a producer on Devious Maids.

R360 Brenda is tall but looks great. Eva looked better with darker hair and Felicity looked better before all the surgeries. It aged her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 361September 27, 2018 7:19 PM

Felicity before her nose jobs and other face work.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 362September 27, 2018 7:30 PM

[quote]I get the feeling that Hatcher was promised the "lead" role and then didn't take too kindly to the show becoming an ensemble. That's usually the way these onset feuds start, when someone becomes threatened.

I can't speak knowledgeably about it, but if memory serves, it was something like that: That Hatcher was perceived as the star—and trouble ensued. I do remember this incident, a Vanity Fair cover shoot where the photo crew and whoever was warned by ABC not to shoot it like Hatcher was the star, or treat her like that. And she behaved thusly anyway, and something something, and Marcia Cross walked out. That story was all over the place in 2005.

I watched it for a while but could never get into it. I'm not particularly (or at all) high-minded, but the big yuks were from stuff that was so stupid, e.g., Felicity Huffman walking into a swimming pool in her dress and heel at someone's home after a funeral to separate her fighting kids.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 363September 27, 2018 7:58 PM

In the pilot of the series, wasn't Teri billed first? That explains all of the drama, thanks to Marc Cherry.

by Anonymousreply 364September 27, 2018 8:09 PM

This interview with James Denton about a about the rumored DH reboot is priceless. He reaction is hilarious and telling. He tried downplaying the numerous feuding headlines over the years, going with "so many personalities" and "people going in seperate ways, when you know he was really thinking "No way those bitches would work together again!"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 365September 27, 2018 8:11 PM

R364 Funny thing is Cherry soon began hating Hatcher too. He probably hatches her almost as much as he does Sheridan now. He supposedly said he hoped she got ran over.

by Anonymousreply 366September 27, 2018 8:15 PM

I feel sort of bad for Nicollette. She is a troubled woman who was hurt by her mother and Telly Savalas when she was growing up.

by Anonymousreply 367September 30, 2018 6:50 PM

I've met Nicolette on a number of occasions and she's actually very fun and affable.

by Anonymousreply 368October 1, 2018 1:49 PM

As if they wouldn't all do it for the right amount of money. Please.

by Anonymousreply 369October 1, 2018 1:56 PM

Christine Estabrook aka Ms. Martha Huber shouldn't have been killed off so soon. There was great potential with her character.

by Anonymousreply 370October 1, 2018 2:05 PM

Yes ABC needs to bring back DH, Brothers & Sisters, and Revenge!

by Anonymousreply 371October 1, 2018 2:11 PM

R371 Revenge hasn't been gone that long. And i thought there was supposed to be a spin-off too.

by Anonymousreply 372October 1, 2018 4:07 PM

Please, tell us more [R368].

by Anonymousreply 373October 1, 2018 6:35 PM

I had a really fun subway ride with Christine Estabrook where she basically said that Hatcher, Sheridan, Cross and Longoria were cunts but Huffman was fine, most likely because she came from NY theater like Estabrook.

Cherry was a fan of the BBC soap EastEnders which was being shown on PBS stations over here. He actually started a storyline at the end of one season where Susan’s little boy mentioned having an imaginary nanny. In the following season the nanny was supposed to appear, played by Kacey Ainsworth, who was then playing Mo on EE. The BBC wouldn’t let Ainsworth out to do DH, though. Ainsworth is now a regular on the very popular BBC series Grantchester.

by Anonymousreply 374October 3, 2018 12:04 AM

Why was Nicolette the focal point of the photo at the OP? Was she the star?

by Anonymousreply 375October 3, 2018 12:33 AM

Gimme more

by Anonymousreply 376November 25, 2018 5:33 AM

It's really sad to see what Felicity Huffman has done to her face. She's unrecognizable...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 377November 25, 2018 5:45 AM

Brenda Strong has a recurring part on Sports Night. She played the ambitious producer of the 2 am show, who was locking horns with Felicity’s character Dana.

by Anonymousreply 378November 25, 2018 5:50 AM

Oh, gawd, thanks for the warning R378. She was the WORST part of that show. He cloying, sing-song intros were extremely annoying...

by Anonymousreply 379November 25, 2018 5:53 AM

R377 Huffman started injecting rubber in her cheeks about a year or so ago. And here she is talking about how to stay 'healthy'.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 380November 25, 2018 5:54 AM

Poor baby. There was supposed to be an episode where Mary Alice is alive and we explore the events before the pilot. Also, the musical episode that never was

by Anonymousreply 381November 25, 2018 6:04 AM

[Quote] Brenda Strong has a recurring part on Sports Night.

She has a recurring part on Supergirl as Lex Luthor's mother. I don't think she shared any scenes with Teri though.....?

by Anonymousreply 382November 25, 2018 12:53 PM

Huffman's teeth look weird in your link R380. She either has receding gums or she has a bridge.

by Anonymousreply 383November 25, 2018 1:44 PM

There was so much tension between Nicollette Sheridan and Dana Delany on the show. They barely shared a few scenes here and there but nothing big. Sheridan felt threatened when Delany stayed with the show after season 4 when they wrapped up her mystery storyline and kept her as a 6th housewife. Cherry loved Delany and wanted to keep her on for as long as he could but she was never that impressed with the genre (she's terrible at comedy) and she was sort of above the petty behind the scenes drama. Of course she left when ABC bosses offered her that Body of Proof pilot back in 2010. That was a wonderful opportunity to get away from DH. She was very grateful for her job on DH, it was great money and visibility for her but she was glad to be done with it when the time came. Sheridan was frustrated with the tone of the show shifting more and more to slapstick comedy, she questioned the writing and expressed frustrations out loud. Cherry was incredibly sensitive to this and offended by her complaints about the writing and direction of her character. He never even realized how much she actually cared. Definitely more than Cross and Longoria. Huffman and Hatcher were constantly questioning their characters' motivation and spent a lot of time at the writers' room. Hatcher used to call Cherry late at night and demand re-writes for the upcoming scenes. He hated her with a passion and never let her direct and episode of the show even though he knew it was her biggest dream.

by Anonymousreply 384December 12, 2018 9:22 AM

Would have been worth it to let Hatcher direct just to make the other women fume.

by Anonymousreply 385December 12, 2018 7:04 PM

[Quote] He hated her with a passion and never let her direct and episode of the show even though he knew it was her biggest dream.

I wonder what the girls reaction would be if that had happened?

by Anonymousreply 386December 13, 2018 4:31 AM

B U M P

by Anonymousreply 387December 14, 2018 6:26 AM

Let's talk about the men. Any news or gossip? Some of the supporting male roles had some HOT actors.

by Anonymousreply 388January 1, 2019 5:48 PM

Cherry loved to stir up shit, because then he knew the gals would court him to take their side in the latest feud. He loved when they needed him on his terms, but hated them when their diva needs got in the way of his ego or filming schedule.

Little trivia from Saving Mr. Banks.

[quote] Walt Disney's office on the Disney Studios lot in Burbank was a replica built on a set. The real office is now occupied by Marc Cherry and his company Cherry/Wind Productions; he wouldn't allow the production to shoot in it.

I wonder if that soured the relationship between Hollywood and Marc Cherry and that's why none of his pilots have been picked up lately? He gave up on Devious Maids since Lifetime cut his budget each season.

by Anonymousreply 389January 1, 2019 6:05 PM

Felicity looks exactly like Celine Dion. Do you suppose that's what she was going for?

by Anonymousreply 390January 1, 2019 6:11 PM

Huffman played CIA director is this Finnish movie, in which POTUS, played by Samuel L Jackson is shot down to Finland and tries to survive with the help of a young Finn boy. DL fave Victor Garber plays the vice president.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 391January 1, 2019 6:30 PM

I miss this show. Season 3 was the perfect mix of camp, drama, and comedy

by Anonymousreply 392April 14, 2019 4:44 PM

I’m open for a reboot!

by Anonymousreply 393April 14, 2019 4:46 PM

Marc Cherry seems A lot like Ryan Murphy. A nightmare to work for, constantly stirring up shit, and Blaming it on others. I would not be surprised at all if he was very quietly egging on all this behavior. Seems like the type to make a very passive comments to pit people against each other. He seems like a horrible person

by Anonymousreply 394April 14, 2019 5:21 PM

Ryan and Marc are both two very slimy, narcissistic gay men. Very catty and bitchy with the female actresses but kiss the asses of all the male actors. However, Ryan’s favorite was Lea/Marc’s was Dana Dalany

by Anonymousreply 395April 14, 2019 5:28 PM

Lea seemed like a crazy bitch, but Dana always seemed so calm and like she'd be above all the pettiness and drama on the set.

by Anonymousreply 396April 14, 2019 5:33 PM

[Quote] However, Ryan’s favorite was Lea/Marc’s was Dana Dalany

Really? Not even a main??

by Anonymousreply 397April 14, 2019 5:38 PM

Who is Lea?

by Anonymousreply 398April 14, 2019 5:42 PM

R398 Michele from Glee.

by Anonymousreply 399April 14, 2019 5:55 PM

R397, Marc hated the four main leads and Nicolette. In fact, Dana was his first choice to play Bree. It wasn’t until season four where Dana joined the cast as Katherine. Cherry gushed over Dana in interviews and behind the scenes features. He kept her on two more seasons (with no major arc) until she left to shoot the pilot for body of proof.

by Anonymousreply 400April 14, 2019 5:58 PM

R400 Hmm i wonder if she regrets that because Body Of Proof didn't last long.

by Anonymousreply 401April 14, 2019 6:01 PM

We couldn’t get away from those bitches fast enough!

by Anonymousreply 402April 14, 2019 6:06 PM

Was the perfect Sunday night show. Didnt have to "think" to enjoy it.

by Anonymousreply 403April 14, 2019 6:20 PM

[quote] We don't hear about them much these days except for Felicity Huffman who was on American Crime.

Yes, you could certainly say that again, OP.

by Anonymousreply 404April 14, 2019 6:26 PM

Cherry pretty much ran that Italian actress (from season 6) off the show with his diva antics. He would frequently embarrass her during table reads, knowing she had severe anxiety.

by Anonymousreply 405April 14, 2019 6:29 PM

R405 Drea de Matteo

by Anonymousreply 406April 14, 2019 6:31 PM

She shoulda had him whacked!!!!

by Anonymousreply 407April 14, 2019 6:32 PM

R407 she should've just hired Nicolette.

by Anonymousreply 408April 14, 2019 6:41 PM

Eva played a former supermodel. LOL was she representing midgets?

by Anonymousreply 409April 14, 2019 7:35 PM

R409 lol i didn't even think of that.

by Anonymousreply 410April 14, 2019 9:03 PM

Ryan definitely had two favorites- Lea and Darren. Very obvious. Also very obvious when he fired Chord for no reason that he stop doing whatever it is that he did to be on the show. I am sure Shawn and the men on DH had little to no issues with Marc Cherry. Both sets seem like hell on earth to work on

by Anonymousreply 411April 15, 2019 12:39 AM

R411, Chord wasn’t fired, he left on his own accord (no pun) he wanted to be promoted to series regular after being there for only one season. He came back midway through season 3 and paid his dues. Thus becoming a regular on the 4th season and until the final one

by Anonymousreply 412April 15, 2019 1:26 AM

R412, That May be part of it but I am sure he had to show Ryan how sorry he was

by Anonymousreply 413April 15, 2019 1:45 AM

[Quote] but I am sure he had to show Ryan how sorry he was

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 414April 15, 2019 5:00 AM

Alfre Woodard must have been shocked and appalled at these minimally talented actresses behaving that way on set. She's obviously been around the block and worked on many TV shows over the years.

I'm sure they stayed out of her way though, you know not to try her.

Good to hear about Vanessa Williams' professionalism. She's always come across as likeable, hardworking, and made the most of her talent.

by Anonymousreply 415April 15, 2019 2:59 PM

I am still very friendly with Nicollette. There was a period of time (around 2005-2006) when she was actually close and friendly with Teri Hatcher and her daughter. Believe it or not - Nicollette and Dana Delany were the nicest ones even though they never really interacted on the set, both sort of kept their distance which was strange.

Vanessa was also very lovely - she was easy going, polite and grateful to have a job. Her screentime was very limited which allowed her to spend time with her youngest daughter. Harriet Harris who played Felicia was also amazing, the actors who played husbands were lovely. And Kevin Rahm was a riot.

by Anonymousreply 416April 15, 2019 4:11 PM

Dana Delaney is annoying, partially because she is maybe a closeted lez, of course to dl close to no celebs are lez.

by Anonymousreply 417April 15, 2019 4:19 PM

R416 Poor Nicollette got a raw deal.

Felicity is the biggest phony. People didn't want to believe because she's a good actress and they like her. But now with the college admissions scandal, people are seeing a more accurate view of her. She like Lynette in a lot of ways, a really good manipulator. She doing a pretty good job doing damage control.

by Anonymousreply 418April 15, 2019 4:38 PM

The actor who played Julie was a sweetheart. Met her in Whole Foods, she laughed at my glee playlist

by Anonymousreply 419May 23, 2019 12:17 AM

Kathryn Joosten's work has dried up a bit.

by Anonymousreply 420May 23, 2019 12:26 AM

[quote]Eva played a former supermodel. LOL was she representing midgets?

I thought she was a little tall to be a super model.

by Anonymousreply 421May 23, 2019 12:55 AM

[quote]Kathryn Joosten's work has dried up a bit.

So has Kathryn

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 422May 23, 2019 1:14 AM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 423June 16, 2019 8:30 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!