Serving up this steaming pile of
Celebrity Gossip
Gay Politics
Gay News
and Pointless Bitchery
Since 1995

The Women of Desperate Housewives

We don't hear about them much these days except for Felicity Huffman who was on American Crime. What happened to their fame is a mystery. I liked the show back in the day and the set was a nasty place.

by Anonymousreply 225Last Thursday at 11:36 AM

Hey! What about me?

by Anonymousreply 107/05/2017

Marcia Cross had a stint on Quantico. Eva Longoria was a producer for Devious Maids; not sure what she's doing now that it's canceled.

Teri Hatcher... was a guest host on Chopped one time.

by Anonymousreply 207/05/2017

Teri Hatcher fucking sucked.

by Anonymousreply 307/05/2017

I'm surprised Miss Marcia Cherry hasn't made a fuss over Big Little Lies and accused them of stealing his storylines.

by Anonymousreply 407/05/2017

R1 poor Shawn Pyfrom and the other twinky bois of DH! Gonr and forgotten!

by Anonymousreply 507/05/2017

Terri Hatch was a Kryptonian villainess on "Supergirl" this past season.

Is she ever going to marry Ryan Seacrest?

by Anonymousreply 607/05/2017

R5 The show itself has been largely forgotten. Considering how hot the show was at its peak. It's rarely talked about anymore except for the toxic on-set drama. I don't think it has been shown in syndication other than for Lifetime and they haven't aired any episodes for several years now.

by Anonymousreply 707/05/2017

It's the Ally McBeal of its era.

by Anonymousreply 807/05/2017

The Dana Delaney years killed the show.

Anytime a female character "turns" gay, the show is done. So tired.

by Anonymousreply 907/05/2017

R7 I want the deets on toxic on-set drama, so I'll get to googling! Who was the most toxic bitch?

R8 at least McBeal has Mr RDJ as an AAA-lister now. Callista is too comfortable living in Harrison's pocket.

by Anonymousreply 1007/05/2017

I quite enjoyed DH.

Remember when the gay boys skinnydipped in the pool?

by Anonymousreply 1107/05/2017

R7 I think all the Housewives (and Marc Cherry) hated Teri Hatcher. She could be very nasty at times. I suspect she might be bipolar.

They all turned on Nicolette Sheridan after her incident with Marc Cherry.

Marcia, Felicity, and Eva didn't have much time for those they perceived to be under them.

I heard Drea De Matteo hated being on the show so much and the unpleasant environment, that she was counting the seconds until her time on the show was over.

by Anonymousreply 1207/05/2017

Were they nasty to guest stars like the cast of Friends was?

by Anonymousreply 1307/05/2017

Word was that Vanessa Williams managed to avoid the many feuds and minefields and got along with just about everyone, except Hatcher, because no one did.

The producers wrote a whole season where Hatcher's character moved out of the neighborhood so they could minimize her interactions with the other actresses. In the last two seasons there were some terrible CGI moments where Hatcher was pasted in with the rest of the cast.

by Anonymousreply 1407/05/2017

Teri Hatcher was the Julianna Margulies of her show.

by Anonymousreply 1507/05/2017

By all reports each of the stars had their moments of being difficult but Hatcher was so unhinged and unreasonable that by the end the entire cast was pretty much united in their hatred of her.

by Anonymousreply 1607/05/2017

Pierce Brosnan has also spoken about what a cooze Hatcher was when they made a Bond film together.

by Anonymousreply 1707/05/2017

Loved this show!!!! It was in syndication on Lifetime at one point still miss it.

by Anonymousreply 1807/05/2017

The first season was excellent, but for me, the remaining seasons never lived up to that first season. The Alfre Woodard story in the second season was awful, despite Woodward being an excellent actress.

The backstage drama affected the show like it did with The Good Wife. I started focusing on why Hatcher was isolated from the rest of the cast, like Margulies seemed to isolate herself more and more as the Good Wife went on (and of course the terrible CGI pasting of her and Archie in the bar scene).

Eva Longoria is a shit actress but she was decent on DH and will remain her best role.

Felicity Huffman is an excellent actress. No surprise she won the Emmy and her performances on American Crime are incredible.

by Anonymousreply 1907/05/2017

I never understood why Hatcher is so difficult, I can kind of understand her being a bitch when she was young and hot, a lot of pretty girls can be obnoxious when they're young but it's like the older she got the meaner and harder to work with she became.

by Anonymousreply 2007/05/2017

[quote]The first season was excellent, but for me, the remaining seasons never lived up to that first season.

Season 1 had a certain novelty to it story-wise, as it was one-of-a-kind and the Mary Alice mystery was really the heart of the show. None of the seasons following it had the special kind of magic that season 1 had, because the freshness wore off and the audience had a basic idea of what they were in for. However, season 4 came pretty close to recapturing the funny, soapy quality of the 1st, and the 7th episode of season 3 is my favorite of the series. Season 5 was when it REALLY started taking a turn for the worse.

by Anonymousreply 2107/05/2017

I get the feeling that Hatcher was promised the "lead" role and then didn't take too kindly to the show becoming an ensemble. That's usually the way these onset feuds start, when someone becomes threatened.

by Anonymousreply 2207/05/2017

R22, I don't know what you're talking about.

by Anonymousreply 2307/05/2017

Hatcher was probably jealous that Huffman became the critical fave, Longoria the "beauty" fave and Cross the fan fave, while Hatcher... well, she got top billing.

by Anonymousreply 2407/05/2017

R24 Cross the fan fave? I don't remember that. Agree that i-wont-bury-the-Hatchet was very jealous of the emsemble she didn't ask for.

by Anonymousreply 2507/05/2017

It was probably pitched to her as the Teri Hatcher Show with all the other ladies supporting her storylines. We could probably do an entire thread of shows where the supporting players outshined the lead or the supposed lead.

by Anonymousreply 2607/05/2017

Teri's behaviour is interesting. What was her point? Longoria can't act. Marcia Cross was also my favorite because she acted Bree so well.

by Anonymousreply 2707/05/2017

It was a pretty good gig, all in all. I paid off my mortgage and I've been doing some easy "one-and-done" appearances since.

But I will never work with any of those cunts again. God is my witness.

by Anonymousreply 2807/05/2017

r25 well fan fave may be a stretch but Bree was popular. I remember she got a lot of the good one-liners.

I think Hatcher was threatened that any of the others would outshine her.

by Anonymousreply 2907/05/2017

Doug Savant was the very definition of fit fat. Mostly fat by the end.

by Anonymousreply 3007/05/2017

Desperate Housewives will forever be known as the show that spawned all those reality show Housewives of Atlanta, New York, Beverly Hills, Orange County etc etc etc.

by Anonymousreply 3107/05/2017

Vanessa Williams gets along with everybody. The cast of Ugly Betty is still tight and she was used to that kind of working environment so it must have been a shock when she ended up working with those cunts. I loved season one, was less than thrilled by season 2 and then i just stopped watching. I did love Sheridan though. Gorgeous and funny. And James Denton was hot.

by Anonymousreply 3207/05/2017

I really like Vanessa Williams and she really tried on DH, but her character seemed too similar to Edie and she was essentially a replacement for Nicollette Sheridan. They just shoehorned her into the show because she had a contract with ABC and they didn't have anything else for her at the time. She deserved better.

I think they underestimated how much Sheridan added to the show. Edie was a lot of fun, was a great foil (Hatcher was at her best on the show when Susan and Edie were feuding) and not as overexposed as the other housewives. The show went downhill quickly after her departure.

by Anonymousreply 3307/05/2017

I didn't realize how much work Eva Longoria has had on her face until seeing this photo. She looks so homely here. Was her character supposed to look unattractive?

by Anonymousreply 3407/05/2017

r33 Agreed. It's a shame that Sheridan left. She was a great addition to the show.

by Anonymousreply 3507/05/2017

Former DL fave Gale Harold was hot AF on that show as Hatcher's housepainter boytoy.

He also had some surprisingly good comic timing.

by Anonymousreply 3607/05/2017

Compare and contrast: class act Vanessa Williams and other UGLY BETTY cast members all attended America Ferrera's wedding in 2011. That cast loved and respected one another.

DESPERATE HOUSEWIVES has been described as one of the nastiest sets of a hit show. (FWIW, ER was another one.) Everyone hid in their trailers, counted lines and close-ups, and fought for press. Only Felicity Huffman was able to maintain the illusion of civility and professionalism; according to rumor, she was the last woman standing who could actually speak to Teri Hatcher, much less pretend to like her.

by Anonymousreply 3707/05/2017

R35 I think Marc Cherry had it out for Sheridan for a long time. He never seen her as a main Housewife and had plotted on killing her character off for a while before they actually did. It turned out to the be a big mistake and the beginning of the end of the show.

by Anonymousreply 3807/05/2017

Hatcher had a bad reputation even on Lois & Clark. At the time, Dean Cain was dating Gabby Reece and I remember a reporter asking her her thoughts on Teri. She started to say something then stopped and said "let's just say she takes herself VERY seriously." Leopard never changes its spots.

by Anonymousreply 3907/05/2017

A producer on Jay Leno wrote a book about his time working on the show and named Hatcher as one of the most difficult guests on the show. She sounds very erratic.

[quote]“I called her Teri One and Teri Two, though not to her face. Teri One was charming, smart, witty and flirtatious,” Berg writes. “Terri Two was moody. She would call me late the night before her scheduled appearance, scream at me for not having better ideas, and then hang up. The next day, she would come to show as Teri One, acting as if nothing had ever happened.”

by Anonymousreply 4007/05/2017

Sheridan claimed in her lawsuit Marc Cherry said this about Hatcher: “I hope Teri Hatcher gets hit by a car and dies”

by Anonymousreply 4107/05/2017

r40 haha I read that, too. She sounds batshit crazy.

I remember when the show first aired. It was an instant hit and I am sure the fame went to their heads.

Nice to hear about the Ugly Betty cast. Williams was so good on that show. She really dominated her scenes. But that cast worked as an ensemble; everybody shined. It's a shame the DH cast didn't realize how good they had it and put aside their egos and worked with each other. I thought each of them was perfect for their roles but the obvious let's-isolate-certain-cast-members filming became noticeable (as it did on Good Wife) became noticeable and affected the show as a whole.

by Anonymousreply 4207/05/2017

I remember the wrap party gift to the crew was luggage, with a nice message from Eva, Felicity, Marcia and Vanessa to the people who had worked on the show for years.

Hatcher wasn't included, and Vanessa Williams -- who had only been on the show for a couple of years -- pitched in, which indicated not only that she was accepted and liked by the longtime leads, but she had the class to thank a crew she only had known for a little while.

by Anonymousreply 4307/05/2017

R21, that third season episode was written by Joe Keenan, who also wrote most of the great "Frasier" episodes. And I agree it's the best episode the show ever did.

I wish some of the recurring players got more recognition for their work, aside from the late Kathryn Joosten. Harriet Sansom Harris was wonderful in the first season, while Shawn Pyfrom did some good work throughout (I think he's the kid who lasted the longest on the show, for good reason). And Valerie Mahaffey and Dixie Carter were great as the crazy villains of one of the early seasons.

I wonder what happened to

by Anonymousreply 4407/05/2017

Don't leave us hanging, r44!

by Anonymousreply 4507/05/2017

Oops! I wonder what happened to Ryan Carnes, the hot boyfriend of Shawn Pyfrom. I'm sure I could do a Google search, and I'm pretty sure I'd be disappointed.

by Anonymousreply 4607/05/2017

He still works a lot. His imdb page is full of upcoming projects. General Hospital is the most high-profile. He still looks good too - actually, I think he looks better now than in his twink prime. He lost the blond highlights and kind of looks like James Denton.

by Anonymousreply 4707/05/2017

Carnes was kind of the perfect ideal of the early 2000s muscle twink, so I thought he might have aged poorly after graduating from the frosted tips and pukka shell years.

He does still look great, especially because I was expecting really unfortunate facial hair.

by Anonymousreply 4807/05/2017

Loved Steven Culp as Marcia Cross husband at the show . When he died I did,'t watch it anymore .

by Anonymousreply 4907/05/2017

Richard Burgi was the hottest DILF on that show. Mmmm... that body.

by Anonymousreply 5007/05/2017

Kathryn Joosten (Mrs. McCluskey) did some fantastic farewell interview (before she died) with EmmyTVLegends where she dishes a great deal about Desperate Houswives and it seems like she doesn't hold back. I highly recommend it.

At the link click on the "Interview" tab which reveal an index of the topics she discusses in the interview. In Part TWO and THREE she mentions her work in Desperate Housewives.

by Anonymousreply 5107/05/2017

[quote] Felicity Huffman is an excellent actress. No surprise she won the Emmy and her performances on American Crime are incredible.

meh

by Anonymousreply 5207/06/2017

Pyfrom loved the cock. He had to suck Cherry off to stay on the show. Ewwwwww!!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 5307/06/2017

R53 That's supposedly how Metcalfe got on the show.

by Anonymousreply 5407/06/2017

James Denton is what had me watching the show for the first 4 seasons.

Nicolette Sheridan and Teri Hatcher had the most entertaining characters of the women, though.

by Anonymousreply 5507/06/2017

Hatch toured as Sally Bowles in the Roundabout Cabaret revival before DH. She was quite good on stage. No idea what she was like offstage. Wasn't she married to hot Jon Tenney?

by Anonymousreply 5607/06/2017

I truly hated Dana Delany on this show!

by Anonymousreply 5707/06/2017

Jamie Denton is hot but didn't have good storylines. He was better as mr Lyle in Profiler.

by Anonymousreply 5807/06/2017

[quote]that third season episode was written by Joe Keenan, who also wrote most of the great "Frasier" episodes. And I agree it's the best episode the show ever did.

Yeah, Keenan was a very talented writer. Gay too, I believe. I think he's essentially retired now. That episode had some of the blackest humor in the entire series and Laurie Metcalfe was beyond perfect for it. I even tried buying the script online one time, but it was a scam.

If season 2 never existed, and season 3 was the sophomore season, I think the legacy of the show would be a bit better. There were a lot of viewers that were lost in season 2 that just never came back. I also think that with the insane buzz that was built for the second season, had season 3 been in its place, the episode would have garnered more Emmy attention. Season 2 basically made the critics lose trust in the quality of the writing, and even though it bounced back, its image was still tarnished. I've always felt that it was very underrated.

by Anonymousreply 5907/06/2017

Season Two was just fine. Very fun and campy!

It was well before the stupid Five Years Later shit and the execrable Dana Delaney storyline, both of which destroyed the show.

No one wanted to see Eva Longoria's fat daughter and her clipping coupons. Total shit.

by Anonymousreply 6007/06/2017

Everyone loved Bree the best.

by Anonymousreply 6107/06/2017

Not me!

Edie was much more fun that Bree.

by Anonymousreply 6207/06/2017

Susan, Teri Hatcher, was the funny one with all the slapstick moments.

by Anonymousreply 6307/06/2017

R63 In season 1.

by Anonymousreply 6407/06/2017

You must watch Kathryn Joosten talk about the women in this clip! It's Teri who was actually the nicest of the four leads.

by Anonymousreply 6507/06/2017

After Nicollette's exit from DH, she never got much work other than on a handful of indie films. WEHT?

by Anonymousreply 6607/06/2017

Thank you r65. I'll watch later.

by Anonymousreply 6707/06/2017

That Kathryn Joosten interview was great. She says the housewives were spoiled, cliquish, dismissive, and not team players. She mentions that the leads took an excessively long time in makeup, which was frustrating, but she understood they were trying to maintain their "product," (their looks, I presume) which she notes was quickly diminishing in quality.

Teri Hatcher does come out sounding the best...

"Of all of them Teri was probably the friendliest to me. When I threw that Christmas party for the crew Teri was the only one who contributed and I thought that was very nice of her. She made a very nice contribution. She and I have chatted on occasion."

by Anonymousreply 6807/06/2017

I love the part of Kathryn calling Nicolette dumb as a bag of rocks for trying to squeeze a quick mill out of the suit against Marc Cherry for slapping her.

by Anonymousreply 6907/06/2017

It didn't sound Joosten (who I loved on the show) and Hatcher were that close either though. But Hatcher occasionally talked to her and displayed kindness. Lots of other reports paint Hatcher as very Jekyll and Hyde-ish. Joosten maybe just was lucky enough to see mostly the good side of her. Most of the rest of the cast probably shunned her by that time and felt she had to make friendly with Joosten, who was given the cold shoulder as well.

I can't help but wonder if they because resentful of Joosten, who was older and supposed to be an occasional character becoming popular with fans and became a regular, often stole scenes from them and won two Emmy's.

Joosten and Sheridan had great chemistry on the together on show and I loved their relationship on the show.

by Anonymousreply 7007/06/2017

My initial thought was that Hatcher wasn't competing with Joosten but you're probably closer to the truth, r70.

by Anonymousreply 7107/06/2017

Joosten makes a point of saying that the leading ladies didn't talkt to, or socialize, with the other cast and crew at all which I find very strange at a workplace when you rely on these people to make you look good on camera. At least pretend that you care and acknowledge them every now and then inbetween acting so terribly busy.

by Anonymousreply 7207/06/2017

I'm a little surprised to hear Felicity Huffman wasn't more affable. As a rule, I assume all highly successful actors are brats to a certain extent, but she came across as kind of pleasant to me. Oh well.

by Anonymousreply 7307/06/2017

Yeah, Felicity's supposed stand offishness surprised me as well.

by Anonymousreply 7407/06/2017

In as much as they never managed to do as well as the first season, I thought the big time jump they did in the middle of the run really did give the show a shot in the arm.

by Anonymousreply 7507/06/2017

The premise for Desperate Housewives was better than what materialized. It was a poisonously mediocre series.

by Anonymousreply 7607/06/2017

[quote]I thought the big time jump they did in the middle of the run really did give the show a shot in the arm.

It gave us the Carver Twins.

by Anonymousreply 7707/06/2017

I am still quite friendly with Nicollette who sort of refuses to talk about this show nowadays.

by Anonymousreply 7807/06/2017

Nicollette seems like a crazy, but entertainingly, nutty broad. I bet she's fun to be around.

by Anonymousreply 7907/06/2017

[R79] She is and she is also very honest about her life and work in Hollywood, she seems to be over all that bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 8007/06/2017

Felicity probably just wanted to stay out of the drama and kept to herself. Can you blame her?

by Anonymousreply 8107/06/2017

Sadly it was bad after the first season. I read somewhere Mary-Louise Parker was offered to play Susan but she did Weeds instead. She is much better than Teri. Maybe it would have been better show with her.

by Anonymousreply 8207/06/2017

R78, a friend of mine worked on a project with Michael Bolton when he and Sheridan were together. I asked him about her. He said she was very quiet and polite, which surprised me.

by Anonymousreply 8307/06/2017

What did your friend say about him, r83?

I've heard hes another jeckyll and hyde type, but known mostly for being a colossal a-hole whose ego is bigger than his nose, and a lot bigger than his dick.

by Anonymousreply 8407/06/2017

Funny thing is, R84, I didn't ask about him. Next time I talk to him, though, I will.

by Anonymousreply 8507/06/2017

That Kathryn Joosten interview is hilariously dishy, but you have to admit the old gal sounds like a piece of work herself. Her main complaint is that the main housewives all had expensive trailers (and she knows how much each one got to decorate her own trailer!) and that they never invited her in.

She even bitches that her character wanted to hear Johnny Mathis' "Wonderful, Wonderful" on her deathbed: "...and I've NEVER LIKED JOHNNY MATHIS" — and that Betty White is getting all the good old-lady roles.

by Anonymousreply 8607/06/2017

Watched it through to the bitter end. It still stands (and probably will always stand) as the last self-launching out of the gate monster hit on network TV. Before DH and Lost came along in 2004, ABC was on its deathbed.

by Anonymousreply 8707/06/2017

Agree, r86. Loved hearing Joosten's dish but considering her other comments and strong opinions I take it all with a grain of salt.

by Anonymousreply 8807/06/2017

Although Eva Longoria plays a ditz very well, she's actually a pretty smart cookie. She earned her masters AFTER her Desperate Housewives success (not to mention the 10s of millions she must've pulled in with endorsement deals from the likes of L'oreal) and I randomly saw her at an LA Times event a few years ago speaking about women in STEM careers and was impressed by her intelligence and curiosity about the world. Not the actress out of that bunch I would've pegged for that kind of intellectual curiosity.

by Anonymousreply 8907/06/2017

I remember Felicity made Jessica Alba cry for some reason.

by Anonymousreply 9007/06/2017

I had a mad crush on the actor who played Carlos.

by Anonymousreply 9107/06/2017

I liked Eva's NBC series "Telenovela." It was hilarious, but quickly canceled.

by Anonymousreply 9207/07/2017

r92, I liked it, too.

by Anonymousreply 9307/07/2017

I liked Eva on DH. There was something really refreshing about her and it's always nice to see a gorgeous woman play comedy so well. I'm sure she learned alot on the DH set...good and bad.

by Anonymousreply 9407/07/2017

[Quote] I remember Felicity made Jessica Alba cry for some reason.

When did they work together??

by Anonymousreply 9507/07/2017

[r95] They did not! Felicit was Jessica's drama teacher and she was rather cruel to her.

by Anonymousreply 9607/07/2017

I adored the first season, enjoyed the 2nd, loved the 3rd and then, somewhere, it lost me. I'm trying to remember when. I know Dana Delany was on the show and was so incredibly boring that I'd almost fall asleep during her scenes.

by Anonymousreply 9707/07/2017

Longoria got married for the third time last year. She was producing for Telemundo, and she also is owner or co-owner of a restaurant.

by Anonymousreply 9807/07/2017

Felicity taught Jessica Alba to act. I would not brag about that.

by Anonymousreply 9907/07/2017

The biggest problem with the 3rd was that Marcia Cross got knocked up and whatever was planned for the climax of the season was changed so she could lay down. Then she had the baby and there were like 10 episodes left that the writers clearly had no clue what to do with.

by Anonymousreply 10007/07/2017

Unless they are all staged, in the bloopers for show every one seems to get along and the 4 main ladies seem to have good interaction with their co stars. I don't doubt there could probably be tension on the set, especially during Sheridan's exit, but i am not sure it was as bad as Jootson makes it seem. Jootson probably had a different working style then some of the other cast members. Didn't she start acting late in life ? Some of the things that annoyed her about the production might be normal on shows with lots of actors, sets, costumes, and storylines .

by Anonymousreply 10107/08/2017

I don't know if Dana Delaney and Teri Hatcher are the awful divas reported, but when Joosten died, they were the ones who posted the most lovely sentiments about her. Dana in particular talked about what a "great old broad" she was, which I think Joosten would have approved of.

by Anonymousreply 10207/08/2017

The second season is underrated in my opinion. I think there were many funny moments, especially scenes with Bree. I loved the funeral scene where she changed Rex's tie in the coffin and then the different episodes of her spiral into alcoholism. Lynette had some good scenes as well that season, especially her rentering the work force.

The third season was probably the strongest after the first season. Season 4 was good, but rushed because of the writers strike . the 5 th season in my opinion is when the show started slipping . There were several episodes that were good, but several that were duds. Season 6 was the worst in my opinion. season 7 was better than 6, but still not as strong as the earlier seasons. The final season for the most part was good, though didn't care for the reveal that orson was sending the notes.

by Anonymousreply 10307/08/2017

I've told this story here before but I once saw Marcia Cross at LAX pulling the don't-you-know-who-I-am act with a Southwest Airlines (!) gate agent. She wanted to board first before they called the groups so she wouldn't have to be bothered by fans. This was years before Desperate Housewives and years after Melrose Place. I think I was one of the only people around who recognized her. After witnessing that I could definitely believe she'd be demanding and not want to deal with extras or supporting players - anyone she didn't consider an equal.

by Anonymousreply 10407/08/2017

Joosten was a Trump supporter. Fuck her.

by Anonymousreply 10507/08/2017

It was the Empire of it's day. Amazing season 1 then never recovered. The only thing I liked after that was when Laurie Metcalf held up the supermarket. Should've been her 4th Emmy.

by Anonymousreply 10607/08/2017

Joisten used to stink up the bathroom on the set. Pee you!

by Anonymousreply 10707/08/2017

107 posts about Housewives and no one's brought up when Marcia Cross was outed?

by Anonymousreply 10807/08/2017

[quote] "Of all of them Teri was probably the friendliest to me. When I threw that Christmas party for the crew Teri was the only one who contributed and I thought that was very nice of her. She made a very nice contribution. She and I have chatted on occasion."

DAMN!!! That's the nicest thing she could say about Teri? She contributed money (but didn't attend the party for the cast) and they "chatted on occasion". The other women must have been a bunch of seriously hard core cunts

by Anonymousreply 10907/08/2017

[quote] I remember Felicity made Jessica Alba cry for some reason

Good. Jessica is supposed to be one of the biggest bitches in Hollywood. Really miserable and insufferable

by Anonymousreply 11007/08/2017

[quote] Unless they are all staged, in the bloopers for show every one seems to get along and the 4 main ladies seem to have good interaction with their co stars. I don't doubt there could probably be tension on the set, especially during Sheridan's exit, but i am not sure it was as bad as Jootson makes it seem.

You're wrong. Read the Vanity Fair article about the women They were all a bunch of prima donnas

by Anonymousreply 11107/08/2017

Pretty great scene at the end of this clip. Not sure what season but Dana Delaney and Nathan Fillion were in it.

by Anonymousreply 11207/08/2017

Drea hated working on the show. And she did not get along with Marcia.

by Anonymousreply 11307/08/2017

Joosten comes across as an old curmudgeon but I did enjoy her "Blow it out your ass, lady!" comment regarding Marcia Cross.

by Anonymousreply 11407/08/2017

[quote]I've told this story here before but I once saw Marcia Cross at LAX pulling the don't-you-know-who-I-am act with a Southwest Airlines (!) gate agent. She wanted to board first before they called the groups so she wouldn't have to be bothered by fans.

That's hilarious. If I was the gate agent, I'd be tempted to say, "If you're all that, why are you flying Southwest?"

by Anonymousreply 11507/08/2017

The actors who played husbands had to take a pay cut during the last season. Felicity offered to give up a portion of her salary so Doug Savant wouldn't have to lose his money. He refused.

by Anonymousreply 11607/08/2017

When was Marcia outed?

by Anonymousreply 11707/09/2017

JOOPSTEN WAS A TRUMP SUPPORTER.

by Anonymousreply 11807/09/2017

R17 - not completely defending Teri Hatcher who sounds like a real nut, but it sounds like Pierce was in the wrong.

by Anonymousreply 11907/09/2017

Joosten was a Trump supporter? She died in 2012.

Nicholette- is that you?

by Anonymousreply 12007/09/2017

That is what I was going to say. How can she be a trump supporter when she died shortly after the show ended ? The show has been off the air for years now, long before trump announced his candidacy ..

by Anonymousreply 12107/09/2017

Is there any doubt that Deplorable Joosten would've supported Trump? I don't think so.

by Anonymousreply 12207/09/2017

Marcia/r122 -blow it out your ass, lady! You're still an ill-mannered See-you-next-Tuesday, I see.

by Anonymousreply 12307/10/2017

I knew Kathy J before she went to L.A.. Tough gal. Honest - to a fault. Bit her in the ass more than once. She got the last laugh on everyone who underestimated her. Good for her.

by Anonymousreply 12407/10/2017

Joosten had the bad gas problem. That's why no one invited her to their traliers. She farted. Alot.

by Anonymousreply 12507/10/2017

Joosten was very complimentary towards Lily Tomlin and was all smiles talking about her. I think the proposed spin off that was to star the two of them could've been very entertaining, but the network probably didn't want to take the gamble on a show with older female leads and Joosten's recurring health issues.

by Anonymousreply 12607/10/2017

[Quote] Good. Jessica is supposed to be one of the biggest bitches in Hollywood. Really miserable and insufferable

How bad is she??

by Anonymousreply 12707/10/2017

Spill more, R124. Can't believe I'm not asking this about a hot man, for once. So irl she was like her character Mrs. McCluskey...

by Anonymousreply 12807/10/2017

Yes, give us some more scoop, please.

by Anonymousreply 12907/10/2017

A guilty pleasure of mine is that I watched the Cherry's follow-up series Devious Maids. Not as good as Season 1 Desperate Housewives, but stayed pretty consistent and was probably better than the last few seasons of Housewives. It did not take itself too seriously, and in some ways the last season might have been the funniest. Lucci always claimed it was a great set and everyone got along. It could just be a PR statement, but I never heard of any drama on that show. I think the show's biggest problem might have been the maids were generally the least interesting characters.

by Anonymousreply 13007/10/2017

R130 I liked Devious Maids too. I loved Genevieve and The Powell's. It was more consistent overall than DH. It helped that they had shorter seasons, so less filler episodes. It had a lot of things going against it though. The budget wasn't great and dropped with each season and Lifetime never really promoted it much. They largely ignored it for the last two seasons and promoted their own produced show Unreal, although it's always had low ratings.

by Anonymousreply 13107/11/2017

Lifetime is really bad when it comes to handling their shows. They always force their shows to cut the budget by firing actors (they pulled the same thing on Drop Dead Diva) or demote them from main cast to recurring guests.

On Devious Maid they had to let go of Edy Ganem (Valentina) and Drew Van Acker (Remi, the hot son of Genevieve!) in their second season. I mean that's just crazy fire Drew.

(Link is from Pretty Little Liars).

by Anonymousreply 13207/11/2017

After watching that interview with the older lady talking about how none of the lead women spoke to anyone but each other, I will never watch ANY of them again. So fucking unprofessional and, well, FEMALE. Even Felicity who one would think was above all that, a true Actor.

By the way, the older actress (now dead) actually seemed to like Teri the best of all of them, though it was clearly relative.

by Anonymousreply 13307/11/2017

R133, Mary! Do you think this was the only set with bitchy divas? If you boycott all bad behavior you're going to be staring at the walls.

by Anonymousreply 13407/11/2017

Marc Cherry and Nicollette Sheridan (bless them) even managed to enjoy some quality dick on this show. Cherry allegedly fucked Jesse Metcalfe and Ms. Sheridan got her way with Josh Henderson. Who knows?

by Anonymousreply 13507/11/2017

Did Shawn Pyfrom and Ryan Carnes bone in real life?

by Anonymousreply 13607/11/2017

[R136] I very much doubt it.

by Anonymousreply 13707/11/2017

Marcia Cross was the center of a huge outing that seemed to deflate and go away. I don't remember the details.

by Anonymousreply 13807/11/2017

What was the original idea for Julie White and Kyle MacLachlan? I remember there was the initial scene which teased something interesting. Which is not what we got.

by Anonymousreply 13907/11/2017

Cross loves the puss.

by Anonymousreply 14007/11/2017

Marcia Cross is a full bush lover.

by Anonymousreply 14107/12/2017

R133 I don't think they're the only group of actors to do that. Didn't the cast Friends act the same way??

by Anonymousreply 14207/12/2017

R134, R142... I think it's less "Mary!" than the fact that I am on sets all the time for the day or two and NO actor has ever treated me that way. I would find some way to say "Fuck you" by the end of the day (once off the clock). It's one thing to be in a bad mood one day, it's another to not talk to your fellow actor on principle.

Trust me, the bigger most talented ones do NOT do this shit. Especially the guys. It's petty female bullshit. Or should I say "actress" bullshit. Save for the last one I worked with who was wonderful and very sweet -- and she was 11.

by Anonymousreply 14307/12/2017

[Quote] I would find some way to say "Fuck you" by the end of the day (once off the clock).

Ballsy.

by Anonymousreply 14407/12/2017

[quote] I would find some way to say "Fuck you" by the end of the day (once off the clock).

LOL. Sure. Because there is no chance that you will ever see them on some different project.

by Anonymousreply 14507/12/2017

R124 here - Kathy was a lot like her character. Crusty. Willing to tell it like she saw it. Very loyal to people who deserved it. Never forgot a kindness. Forever held a grudge. Very proud of her family. Very proud to be a working actor. Passionate about the respect due to the arts and artists. Did not suffer fools. Woe be anyone on her wrong side.

by Anonymousreply 14607/12/2017

People tend to be cliquey at my office workplace - and it's often based on their rank too.

Not to defend those desperate cunts or anything.

by Anonymousreply 14707/13/2017

Yeah but it's different with acting, at least with the best ones. Remember Streep's advice to Cher back in the day: "Do your best work on the other person's close-up." The better they look, the better you look. Though, indeed, bratty cunty behavior is always a drag -- in any field.

by Anonymousreply 14807/13/2017

cunt bump

by Anonymousreply 14911/27/2017

They did have some interesting eye candy. Mark Moses was a hot daddy, as was Doug Savant.

Interesting that a "story point" for both Tom Scavo and Zack Young was their enormous endowments.

by Anonymousreply 15011/27/2017

That Kathryn Joosten interview was hilarious - and brutal.

by Anonymousreply 15111/27/2017

R151 That interview was done just weeks before her death, don't know if she knew she was a goner at that point or not, but she had zero fucks to give about dishing the dirt.

She was a great actress though and preferred her to some of the Housewives.

by Anonymousreply 15211/27/2017

Wasn't there a plot in which it was revealed that Doug Savant's character was super-hung?

by Anonymousreply 15311/27/2017

I would have liked to see Shawn Pyfrom seduce and fuck Doug Savant.

by Anonymousreply 15411/27/2017

They all sound like insufferable cunts who let the fame go to their heads.

by Anonymousreply 15511/27/2017

R153 see R150.

(In other words, yes)

by Anonymousreply 15611/27/2017

OMG that Joosten video!

"Blow it out your ass, lady!"

by Anonymousreply 15711/27/2017

speaking of the DH cunts, Nicolette is the new Alexis!

by Anonymousreply 15811/28/2017

Hard to believe anyone would hire her again after the slap fiasco. Why do some people just keep failing upwards?

by Anonymousreply 15911/28/2017

Nicolette has had a long career and she was a great addition to both Knot's Landing and Desperate Housewives.

by Anonymousreply 16011/28/2017

I think Nicolette would have been a better Grace and would have taken the show in a much less dumbass direction.

by Anonymousreply 16111/28/2017

I might watch the new Dynasty if they added a certain DL favorite to play Caress, Nicolette's long-lost sister...

by Anonymousreply 16211/28/2017

I always wondered how Cross has managed to keep up the heterosexual facade all these years later. If she is gay, she must be miserable in that marriage.

by Anonymousreply 16312/03/2017

Pyfrom could now play Affleck's son.

by Anonymousreply 16412/03/2017

I worked on that set ever since 2006 until the bitter end. But I still keep in touch with some of the crew members, our costume designer Cate Adair, exec producer Sabrina Wind and Nicollette. She is the only actor from that show I see regularly. At least twice a year.

by Anonymousreply 16512/03/2017

[quote]I worked on that set ever since 2006 until the bitter end. But I still keep in touch with some of the crew members, our costume designer Cate Adair, exec producer Sabrina Wind and Nicollette. She is the only actor from that show I see regularly. At least twice a year.

Oh, please please spill!

Obviously we'd like to hear about all five of the housewives, but I'd also be curious about Jamie Denton.

There were some terrible sequences toward the end where it was obvious that Hatcher wasn't really in the scene with the others (over the shoulder shots, etc.). Were things terrible with her by then?

by Anonymousreply 16612/03/2017

Nicollette with her bros ... last week. The one on the right has the same mother as her, the father was Telly Savalas. And the guy on the left is also a son of Savallas and some other lady.

by Anonymousreply 16712/03/2017

Okay [R166]!

Jamie Denton is one of the nicest guys, not only in the business but probably on the planet. He is one of the most decent, respectful people. He is very grateful to Marc Cherry but I still suspect he sort of hates him for treating him like a prop. Marc was obviously attracted to Jamie. He objectified him so much it was almost ridiculous. He ignored his character on the show for years and then suddenly decided to kill him off. Hatcher threw a manic fit when she found out, it was sort of painful as he was her safety net on that set. She didn't even bother showing up at the last table read. She was in Las Vegas at some Disney function which technically excused her because it was "work related". She would have felt so uncomfortable there as Eva, Marcia and Felicity kept crying and hugging each other and taking pictures even with Dana Delany and Brenda Strong. Teri didn't even show up at the wrap party, she had her own at home (Vanessa was there and also Tuc Watkins and Kevin Rahm). And yes ... Teri's relationship with the ladies was icy, they never interacted in those last two years. Felicity tried, she was the only one. And Hatcher despised working with Cherry, especially in the last few years. It was obvious. He filmed a cameo with another showrunner Bob Daily in the series finale (played Hatcher's movers) and when Hatcher left the camera she just stood there with the crew and screamed at Cherry: "You look so stupid!" Well, he did.

by Anonymousreply 16812/03/2017

Thank you, r168! Very nice to hear about Denton; he seemed to be well-liked by all.

[quote]Teri's relationship with the ladies was icy, they never interacted in those last two years. Felicity tried, she was the only one.

Do you remember them shooting around Teri, using standins, adding her in digitally, etc. in scenes with the other women?

Was Vanessa well-liked? She seems like such a pleasant pro.

by Anonymousreply 16912/03/2017

They never added her digitally, that would cost them extra money. No, they always shot the scenes together like professionals. Vanessa was a great addition and she was very friendly with the cast and crew. They liked her too. All of them liked her.

by Anonymousreply 17012/03/2017

R168 Jamie seems nice and decent guy. He was excellent as Mr Lyle, too. Cherry missed endless opportunities with the charcters, especially Delfino. DH was rather bad in the final few seasons.

by Anonymousreply 17112/03/2017

Cherry is a sitcom writer and hired many many sitcoms writers for the show and it is obvious in the later seasons. He should have hired some soap writers to mix things up.

by Anonymousreply 17212/03/2017

Dana and Marcia slept together during season 4 and the beginnning of season 5 but Marcia's husband got very sick afterwards and it was impossible to keep it going. Marcia took care of him and stood by him.

by Anonymousreply 17312/07/2017

Here is a 14-minute documentary about making the last episode. You can watch Teri Hatcher having a mental breakdown on her last day. She is also missing from their little wrap party in the end.

by Anonymousreply 17412/07/2017

r165 What exactly happened with Drea de Matteo? I've read stuff about how she basically checked out after episode 1 of her season and hated the work environment.

And do you suspect Cherry sexually harassed some of the men on set or ran a casting couch?

by Anonymousreply 17512/07/2017

Hello [R175]. Drea lives in NYC, but she needed the job and the salary so she was willing to travel back and forth. She didn't fit in. It was very hard and unpleasant for such an introvert like her. You'd see her during the table read and feel very bad for her because she was never at the table with the main cast but seated on the side with guests, writers and assistants. Her face would turn totally red when she had to read her lines out loud in front of us. Painfully shy. But she was very friendly with Longoria. They used to sneak away behind the bushes to smoke ciggies together. She was always contracted just for one season. Cherry tried to make her stay when Delany got her pilot and left but she refused. Things were apparently sort of tense between her and her partner at the time. She got pregnant right after she finished the show.

Regarding Cherry - probably yes, it is possible. But he is very clever about these things. Who knows what's coming? Nobody is safe anymore. We might hear some stories about him soon.

by Anonymousreply 17612/07/2017

[quote]Vanessa was a great addition and she was very friendly with the cast and crew. They liked her too. All of them liked her.

I don't think I've heard a single negative thing about Vanessa Williams. She always comes across like a total pro.

by Anonymousreply 17712/07/2017

Plot Twist: Eva Longoria & Felicity Huffman are still friends!

by Anonymousreply 17812/07/2017

What's wrong with Teri? Did Marcia and Dana really sleep together?

by Anonymousreply 17912/09/2017

Teri Hatcher, alleged diva cunt, must be a good actress. She's been likable in every performance I've seen and also seemed charming when I saw her on talk shows back when she was a big star.

by Anonymousreply 18012/09/2017

Vanessa Williams is a doll. The Ugly Betty cast is still very, very tight and supportive of eachother. Michael Urie does alot of theatre and Vanessa and Judith Light always show up at his openings. I mean, during Ugly Betty, V shot a scene in bed with her ex hubby who cheated on her. How much more grown up can you get?

by Anonymousreply 181Last Sunday at 4:14 AM

Michael Urie has a career because of her. They'd planned to go the Murphy Brown route of having a rotating assistant for Wilhelmina, but Vanessa liked him so much, she would always stand close to him so they couldn't cut around him. It stuck.

I've always really liked her, but that story made me love her. What a thoroughly good person.

by Anonymousreply 182Last Sunday at 2:50 PM

R'182 Not surprised from everything I've heard about Vanessa Williams. There are alot of very thoughtful, generous actors out there. Unfortunately, the creeps get all the attention.

by Anonymousreply 183Last Sunday at 4:03 PM

I love Vanessa. I think with her, she was humbled by the Miss America experience. She knew she had to work extra hard for people to take her seriously. I love how she was able to overcome that scandal, and excelled in music, film, television and Broadway.

by Anonymousreply 184Last Sunday at 4:30 PM

What about Huffman? In interviews she always comes off as smug and pretentious.

by Anonymousreply 185Last Sunday at 4:58 PM

Not sure why everyone assumes co-stars have to like each other or be friends. Same thing with SATC.

by Anonymousreply 186Last Sunday at 5:14 PM

Big Little Lies was basically a remake of DH. More prestigious and dramatic, of course, but a remake nonetheless.

by Anonymousreply 187Last Sunday at 5:21 PM

R163 I'll have you know that Tim and I.....I mean, TOM and I....are as content and happy as two people in love can be!

by Anonymousreply 188Last Sunday at 5:23 PM

Hatcher and Sheridan were BFFs until the Marc Cherry incident. Everyone liked Hatcher the first season because she was grateful. She so much as said Marc Cherry saved her career. But she has a M.O. She starts out nice then boom you get psycho Teri. Ask Howie Long - who did the Radio Shack commercials with her how long it took to hate her.

by Anonymousreply 189Last Sunday at 5:51 PM

schkanks the whole lot of them!

by Anonymousreply 190Last Sunday at 5:54 PM

I worked with Vanessa Williams when she performed singing with a symphony. She was delightful, friendly to everyone, willing to do publicity, nice to the crew and hung out with me, even followed up with me on her own sending me an email after the show was over and she had moved on. I can't imagine her being cliquish and not being friendly to others on the set of DH. But who knows. She really was very down to earth and nice when I worked with her.

by Anonymousreply 191Last Sunday at 7:01 PM

[R191] Vanessa is the best. Really classy and lovely lady.

And yes, Sheridan and Hatcher were friends until the Cherry fiasco. Sheridan used her name in it when she described how Hatcher and Cherry used to argue and Cherry said he wished for Hatcher to get hit by a car and die. Their friendship never recovered. The lawyers did this shit. Nicollette lost so much money on that trial because they kept persuading her and bulshitting her, they insisted she still has a good chance and that she should keep filing complaints and motions. Fuckers.

by Anonymousreply 192Last Monday at 12:18 AM

Teri was probably the most unpopular regular on the set.

by Anonymousreply 193Last Monday at 1:56 AM

Cherry hates Teri but likes her work ethic, tolerates Marcia but considers her unfunny and weird, adores and admires Eva and loves Felicity's acting talent even though he always mentioned that he considered her unattractive. He loved Vanessa because he is a huge fan of musicals. And despised Nicollette (of course). He didn't want her to be a regular but Steve McPherson from ABC insisted that she was very opular when they tested the pilot. Male audiences responded to her and Eva(meaning they wanted to see them naked and fuck them) while the females identified with Teri's, Felicity's and Marcia's characters.

by Anonymousreply 194Last Monday at 6:47 AM

Not sure why everyone assumes FEMALE co-stars have to like each other or be friends. Same thing with SATC.

by Anonymousreply 195Last Monday at 9:05 AM

Just wanted to add I waited on Vanessa about twnety years ago, she was with two hangers-on who were not very cool to me, but she was. Ultimately, she paid the bill and gave me a good tip, I think she felt bad that her friends were being high maintenance. Also, she was absolutely gorgeous, probably the most beautiful person I've seen in person.

by Anonymousreply 196Last Monday at 9:07 AM

Nicolette Sheridan is going to be Alexis on the new Dynasty reboot

by Anonymousreply 197Last Monday at 9:18 AM

[Quote] Not sure why everyone assumes co-stars have to like each other or be friends. Same thing with SATC.

I think because fans hope they're dynamic on screen is exactly the same in real life. Which isn't exactly being realistic. I mean most casts try to at least look like they're getting along when they're promoting a show/movie.

by Anonymousreply 198Last Monday at 9:25 AM

The DH cast was dished on and promoted as feuding within 8 weeks of it going to air. The Vanity Fair cover story and the cast interview with Oprah made sure of it. The truth is that Terry is a bit crazy but it was Marcia and Felicity who were the divas. Longoria aligned with them because Terry didn't really know how to play the way Cross and Felicity do. They did not respect Hatcher and she was under the impression that she was the lead in the show. A lot of Charlie's Angels petty conflicts grew large in middle aged actresses with their last big chance. Marc Cherry played into all of this, fanning the flames. Like a lot of gay men running shows, he's the biggest bitch diva of them all. Felicity Huffman is NOT a nice woman because she is the better actress?! She and her husband are insufferable fakes. It's true she tried to avoid the drama (in the beginning) but she was very insecure among the younger, sexier women. The talented one wants to be pretty too!! Who did the most talk show appearances during the run of the show. Terry Hatcher of course. She's adorable and charming, very down to earth. On her own.

by Anonymousreply 199Last Monday at 9:41 AM

Love this thread!

by Anonymousreply 200Last Monday at 9:53 AM

More, more!!

by Anonymousreply 201Last Monday at 10:00 AM

The problem is that women play into Hollywood's hands and figth with each over over petty things. And for the most part it's just to promote the show, because the show needs some behind the scenes feuds to make it interesting. Or to stroke some mean Queen Bee's ego (like Marc Cherry) where the underlings fight to be the Queen Bee's favorite.

by Anonymousreply 202Last Monday at 10:02 AM

I met Felicity at a premiere I was working. She was nice to me, even though I was a worker bee, and funny too.

by Anonymousreply 203Last Monday at 1:53 PM

"It's TERI", R199.

by Anonymousreply 204Last Monday at 2:14 PM

The show was nowhere close as being as successful, so there was probably not the ego problem, but it seems like they went out of the way to make sure the Devious Maids set never had similar problems. It could have a facade, but the cast seemed to really get along.

by Anonymousreply 205Last Monday at 2:37 PM

Eva Longoria looks just like Matt Danin’s rabbit faced wife in that pic!

by Anonymousreply 206Last Monday at 3:42 PM

Isn’t Hatcher a bad alcoholic or something ?

by Anonymousreply 207Last Monday at 4:48 PM

Flicka Huffman has a long history of being a upper case C U N T

by Anonymousreply 208Last Monday at 4:55 PM

Three of the women in the Sex and the City cast ARE close. Nixon, Davis and Parker. Cattrell is the loner. She never wanted to do the show. Never wanted to do the first movie. I have no idea how they talked her into that awful second movie and she clearly wants nothing to do with a third and final movie. Nixon and Parker worked together as child actors and their paths crossed over the years before SATC. Nixon and Davis are very good friends. Note how the three of them sat together at the Emmy's after the shows final season and Cattrall sat across the aisle with Darren Starr. That speaks volumes.

by Anonymousreply 209Last Monday at 5:22 PM

Poor Kim, forced to make millions on a wildly successful series. I shall weep for her.

by Anonymousreply 210Last Monday at 7:24 PM

I would love a book about the bts gossip.

by Anonymousreply 211Last Monday at 8:22 PM

R211 I would too. There should be one for every tv show. I wonder what the male equivalent would be to the DH set??

by Anonymousreply 212Last Tuesday at 7:06 AM

Shawn Pyfrom is a bisexual who was often high during the filming. But we had no idea, he managed his addiction very well. Andrea Bowen and Josh Henderson fucked. Good for her, straight men apparently fuck everything with a smelly vadge.

by Anonymousreply 213Last Tuesday at 12:14 PM

Andrea Bowen was such a homely looking girl. That probably worked in her favor, having to do the majority of her scenes with insecure Hatcher.

by Anonymousreply 214Last Tuesday at 12:58 PM

r209, define "close". Do Parker/Nixon/Davis actually see each other regularly? Hang out? I doubt it. Not like a Cox/Aniston friendship.

by Anonymousreply 215Last Tuesday at 1:31 PM

Honey, this thread is about me, not about SATC cunts. Thank you for understanding.

by Anonymousreply 216Last Tuesday at 1:45 PM

Still R209 is lying. The SATC women are not real life friends. They don't ever get together outside of work. Don't believe Sarah Jessica Parker. Not being friends doesn't mean they are enemies though. Geez, basic things are hard out here. Kim Cattrall explained why they weren't HER friends in very grown up detail and fashion.

by Anonymousreply 217Last Tuesday at 2:37 PM

A few years ago, I went to a Coco Peru Interview with Lesley Ann Warren. They showed clips from DH, and of course, Coco tried to get dish out of her as to what it was like working with Teri Hatcher. Warren mostly refused to discuss it, but her eye-rolling told volumes. The irony, or course, is that Warren's working reputation isn't so far off from Hatcher's. They're two-of-a-kind.

I always thought Warren was way too young to have been cast as Hatcher's mother.

by Anonymousreply 218Last Wednesday at 9:00 AM

Actually [R18] in the show she was a teen mom so it fits

by Anonymousreply 219Last Wednesday at 9:12 AM

[R219] is absolutely right and they really looked like a mother and daughter.

by Anonymousreply 220Last Wednesday at 12:07 PM

Leslie A Warren - has she ever not played a flaky ditz?

by Anonymousreply 221Last Wednesday at 1:56 PM

I've heard stories about Lesley Ann Warren, but I love her. She comes across better than Hatcher at least. To have been a fly on the wall on that set with the two of them...

On a side note, I saw Lesley in something recently and she still looks beautiful.

by Anonymousreply 222Last Wednesday at 2:23 PM

Quality wise the show had peaked by season five. But from a ratings standpoint I’m surprised ABC didn’t milk a few more seasons out of it. It could have gone 12 or 13 seasons like Dallas or Knots Landing. In fact the show may have benefited from rotating some of the leads out and bringing in a couple of new leading ladies to the lane.

by Anonymousreply 223Last Wednesday at 5:30 PM

We wanted to kill Hatcher's character at the end of season 5 and make it a mystery the next year with all the housewives teaming up together and investigating this. She would be released from her contract and it would definitely bring some creative spark back. Sadly, Cherry nixed it, chose to kill Sheridan's character in a random episode with no build up or reveal and it just died on its ass after that. It got sitcomish and silly.

by Anonymousreply 224Last Thursday at 11:06 AM

Oh, shit! That would have been amazing if they'd killed Susan off instead of Edie. Way to go, Marc. Ugh. That was around where the show jumped off the rails for me.

by Anonymousreply 225Last Thursday at 11:36 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Follow theDL catch up on what you missed

recent threads by topic delivered to your email

follow popular threads on twitter

follow us on facebook

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!