Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Diana, Princess of Wales

She would have been 56 today.

1 July 1961 - 31 August 1997

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105September 1, 2019 9:12 AM

Love live Diana.

by Anonymousreply 1July 1, 2017 10:33 PM

Oh for fuck's sake. I'll never understand the sappy Diana love around here. She was a typical Borderline, playing way outside her league. Did it never occur to anyone that maybe the royal family, who knew her best, hated her for a reason?

by Anonymousreply 2July 1, 2017 10:36 PM

If anyone starts this "People's Princess" crap I swear I'm gonna barf.

by Anonymousreply 3July 1, 2017 10:37 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4July 1, 2017 10:38 PM

R4. Damn, beautiful place.

by Anonymousreply 5July 1, 2017 10:40 PM

I'll just repeat what I posted in the last Princess Di topic: The woman was the textbook definition of Borderline Personality Disorder. It's all there: the unceasing need for attention, the insistence on being seen as a victim, the determination to make life a living hell for those about her. Why some people find this crazy frau to be some sort of blessed heroine is beyond my ken.

by Anonymousreply 6July 1, 2017 10:42 PM

[quote]I'll just repeat what I posted in the last Princess Di topic: ...

...because you haven't beaten us over the goddamn head enough about how much you hate Diana.

by Anonymousreply 7July 1, 2017 10:48 PM

R6. If you like Diana, this is a day for reflection and quiet remembrance. If not, this is not the thread for you. Have some respect. Many of us will always remember Diana fondly.

by Anonymousreply 8July 1, 2017 10:57 PM

I loved her too OP. She was such a great woman. I miss the 90s. : (

by Anonymousreply 9July 1, 2017 11:21 PM

[quote] Why some people find this crazy frau to be some sort of blessed heroine is beyond my ken.

You need someone older and wiser telling you what to do.

by Anonymousreply 10July 1, 2017 11:26 PM

Love Princess Diana, I miss her.

by Anonymousreply 11July 1, 2017 11:38 PM

Wasn't there an entire thread devoted to this loon a day ago? How many times do you people need to drool over this head case?

by Anonymousreply 12July 1, 2017 11:45 PM

This is not hyperbole but I believe the world never truly recovered from the shock of Diana's death. God rest her soul.

by Anonymousreply 13July 1, 2017 11:57 PM

Did her brother receive any of her $127 million dollar fortune? I here he's always money hungry.

by Anonymousreply 14July 2, 2017 12:01 AM

Oh dear.

by Anonymousreply 15July 2, 2017 12:02 AM

[quote]Wasn't there an entire thread devoted to this loon a day ago? How many times do you people need to drool over this head case?

Whenever I see a thread that doesn't interest me (I'm looking at YOU, Tommy & Gio!), I scroll past it. But that's just me...

by Anonymousreply 16July 2, 2017 12:10 AM

[quote]I believe the world never truly recovered from the shock of Diana's death. God rest her soul.

R13. You're right. Diana made an indelible mark on the world. The entire world was rooting for Diana. She is still missed. It's like she's never really left us, but the fact that she has, it's a void that will never be filled.

by Anonymousreply 17July 2, 2017 12:34 AM

Google "what princess Di would look like today"

by Anonymousreply 18July 2, 2017 1:46 AM

Diana was one of only a handful of famous people that helped erase the stigma of HIV/AIDS. She Was a frequent visitor to the AIDS wards in London and throughout the world. She hung with the gays and demanded a better, kinder world for all people. As a gay person I really appreciated her attention to the crisis. Reagan and Bush ignored the deaths and panic. The Clintons turned that around inthe US and Princess Diana worked diligently to remove the stigma. We were but one of the many issues she brought compassionate attention to in the world - but she is certainly deserving of our respect.

So R6 - you can just go troll another thread.

by Anonymousreply 19July 2, 2017 2:07 AM

Diana brought some humanity to that family. Damn, I was crazy about her. Of all the major funerals I've lived through, e.g., JFK, JFK, Jr., Princess Grace, nothing surpassed the worldwide shock and sadness more than Diana.

by Anonymousreply 20July 2, 2017 2:27 AM

Diana was a human being, yes, a wealthy aristocrat, nonetheless a human being who in spite of her class, wealth and position was handed a life that was for the most part in pieces. From her parents' nasty divorce, being declared 'not-to-smart' by family members and then marrying into an environment where she was to shut up, smile and enjoy life as a royal the way the rest of these tough royal women do only exacerbated whatever demons haunted her. People in the public's eye who seemingly have wealth, position and power...yet their lives are shredded fro whatever reason, sometimes resent the fairytale they were suppose to believe act out in the best way they can. She was no crazier than the rest of those royal women who went with the program for the benefits!

Downton Abbey romanticized the Grantham crowd...in reality they were a rough selfish, do what you must to maintain the myth!

by Anonymousreply 21July 2, 2017 3:08 AM

She had style

She had grace

She could put Chuck in his place.

by Anonymousreply 22July 2, 2017 3:16 AM

Seeing old pictures and videos of her, I can see now that she was more beautiful than I thought she was at the time. I never thought that whole "looking up through the eyelashes" thing did her any favors, and I still don't - but when she just looked directly, head on, she could be a stunner at times, imho. Think she looked better with longer hair, too.

Personally, I think it is entirely possible for a vulnerable person to be driven bit crazy from being in nasty relationships/circumstances. They start to react, instead of being proactive, and looking after their own best long-term interests.

by Anonymousreply 23July 2, 2017 5:07 AM

Happy Birthday, Baby -

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24July 2, 2017 5:13 AM

she looked so much more bae as she got older

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25July 2, 2017 5:19 AM

She was far more interesting than any of the other stodgy, leftover blancmanges that make up that sorry, silly, selfish family.

by Anonymousreply 26July 2, 2017 5:19 AM

today

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27July 2, 2017 5:19 AM

j'adore this clip, huntry!

First, her car is ghetto as fuck.

2nd, there are so many hilarious moments with bratty kids screaming things and Di warning paparazzi multiple about walking into things.

A MUST WATCH!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28July 2, 2017 5:24 AM

She was beautiful and I loved her.

by Anonymousreply 29July 2, 2017 5:52 AM

Magnificent!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30July 2, 2017 6:00 AM

Diana was captivating.

You couldn't take your eyes off her. She got to people's hearts. Loved her.

by Anonymousreply 31July 2, 2017 6:02 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32July 2, 2017 6:07 AM

It's a tragedy she's not still with us. Beautiful woman inside and out. There's never been anyone like Diana.

by Anonymousreply 33July 2, 2017 6:08 AM

R 2, 6, 12 etc. hate Diana because she was exactly the opposite of what they are, homely, unpopular and nobody gives a shit about them. In other words, they identify with Camilla.

by Anonymousreply 34July 2, 2017 6:35 AM

Can the Church of England make her a saint?

by Anonymousreply 35July 2, 2017 6:42 AM

Such a loss to the world.

Think of the expensive dresses and hats and shoes she still had to wear!

by Anonymousreply 36July 2, 2017 6:51 AM

At the rate she was churning though them before she decided to model Mercedes' radiators, 7.298% of the cocks in England would have been through her by now.

by Anonymousreply 37July 2, 2017 6:53 AM

The BPD Troll thinks mental illness is a personal failing and will bore you to tears telling you so.

by Anonymousreply 38July 2, 2017 6:53 AM

(19) You're totally right. Princess Diana took on AIDS as a cause and tried to show that you couldn't catch the disease touching someone with it. It was a very brave move. The Royal Family did not want her to take up this cause, and she did it anyway. She opened the first dedicated HIV/AIDS unit in Britain in 1987 and shook hands with a man with AIDS there, bringing HUGE attention to the AIDS cause when others in powerful positions were either ignoring it because they didn't care or were too afraid of what it would do to their PR. I will always love her for doing this!

by Anonymousreply 39July 2, 2017 7:13 AM

"Diana was the very essence of compassion, of duty, of style, of beauty.

All over the world she was a symbol of selfless humanity. All over the world, a standard bearer for the rights of the truly downtrodden, a very British girl who transcended nationality. Someone with a natural nobility who was classless and who proved in the last year that she needed no royal title to continue to generate her particular brand of magic."

Princess Diana's Funeral - Earl Spencer's Speech:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40July 2, 2017 7:39 AM

It is a point to remember that of all the ironies about Diana, perhaps the greatest was this - a girl given the name of the ancient goddess of hunting was, in the end, the most hunted person of the modern age.

by Anonymousreply 41July 2, 2017 7:41 AM

Introducing the Second Reading of the Landmines Bill 1998 to the British House of Commons, then Foreign Secretary Robin Cook paid tribute to Diana’s efforts. “All honorable Members will be aware from their postbags of the immense contribution made by Diana, Princess of Wales to bringing home to many of our constituents the human costs of land mines. The best way in which to record our appreciation of her work, and the work of NGOs that have campaigned against land mines, is to pass the Bill and to pave the way toward a global ban on land mines.”

by Anonymousreply 42July 2, 2017 8:03 AM

I miss her still. She had her flaws. But as lshe is dead we can only ever hear one side. Given the near push to hysteria people , including me , were at, Charles needed a very good makeover. As did the Rottweiler. It seems her biography, coming as it does for her 70th came at very opportune time.

20 years later and I still feel her death was one of the biggest events of our time. I know it sounds dramatic, but it is true. Love her, miss her.

by Anonymousreply 43July 2, 2017 8:04 AM

R43. Diana's death shocked the world, and the world has not gotten over it yet. Her death and funeral were the biggest events of our lifetime. I wish we had gotten to see her become a middle aged and older women and all the good she would have continued to do. I still miss her. It's almost like she's still with us, but it's the greatest tragedy that she's gone.

by Anonymousreply 44July 2, 2017 8:12 AM

Oh, lort....the fraus and the queens throwing themselves on the fairy tale casket of the "Queen of Hearts" ...

Her death was sad but...sheesh.

Move on.

by Anonymousreply 45July 2, 2017 8:16 AM

She looks like our sister, whom we have always hated since childhood.

by Anonymousreply 46July 2, 2017 8:16 AM

I still miss her.

by Anonymousreply 47July 2, 2017 8:23 AM

Wow, Diana died at the same age as the oldest millennials today. I had always thought she had been older...

by Anonymousreply 48July 2, 2017 8:28 AM

It's a shame. She seemed to be just starting to get a grip, and growing out of some of her younger, more troubled behaviours. It would've been interesting to see how Diana matured as a person. I think she showed promise.

by Anonymousreply 49July 2, 2017 8:42 AM

She was murdered because she was boning a Towel and the master criminal Khazars who own the Bank of England and control the UK hate the Towels and want to exterminate them..

by Anonymousreply 50July 2, 2017 8:45 AM

50 posts and no one has posted this yet?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51July 2, 2017 8:49 AM

She was clearly bland enough for anyone to project whatever qualities they wanted onto her--as posters in this thread are still doing today.

by Anonymousreply 52July 2, 2017 8:53 AM

Another thread where you can't tell the gays from the fraus, because you all use the same platitudes.

by Anonymousreply 53July 2, 2017 8:55 AM

R24, is that pic from the shoot she did with Mario Testino? Whoever styled her there did a great job. Her hair especially looks much better.

by Anonymousreply 54July 2, 2017 8:59 AM

R54 - That photo is from her portraits with Mario Testino. Google "Princess Diana Mario Testino" and click on "Images" to see the full portfolio. Beautiful.

by Anonymousreply 55July 2, 2017 9:11 AM

Another from the Testino shoot

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56July 2, 2017 9:23 AM

R54 R55 lovely, thank you. Diana was (to my public eye) kind, and in these photos, she radiates the warmth I associate with her, always.

by Anonymousreply 57July 2, 2017 9:24 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58July 2, 2017 9:34 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59July 2, 2017 9:54 AM

60 posts and not one photo of Diana attired as she was in her former life, in her "Royal Regalia." This shows how DL prefers to remember her, happier and free.

by Anonymousreply 60July 2, 2017 9:58 AM

Yes OP. And then we could have had threads talking about how awful she looked now compared to decades ago, and how she'd let herself go. Her death was no more and no less sad than the death of any other mother of two young kids.

by Anonymousreply 61July 2, 2017 11:22 AM

She would have been stunning if she'd have gotten a nose job. I know she wasn't interested in doing so, and she was still pretty, but a good nose job would have made her gorgeous.

by Anonymousreply 62July 2, 2017 11:45 AM

No, she would've looked generic. Her nose was just fine as it was.

by Anonymousreply 63July 2, 2017 11:52 AM

R63 you're wrong. Her nose is the only thing keeping her from being gorgeous. Diana is one of those women on the cusp of beauty but in certain angles looks plain, that's because of the nose. Had she had it fixed she would have been completely beautiful.

by Anonymousreply 64July 2, 2017 12:03 PM

All credit and respect to the photogs who were able to catch her at her most stunning. That conk of hers could make or break an image. You can see in some of Testino's photos that too little light or or an unfortunate angle or distance, and her nose dominates the shot. But I agree with R63 that her nose was a distinctive feature that altered would have reduced rather than enhanced the full effect.

by Anonymousreply 65July 2, 2017 12:13 PM

Diana was an English Rose who will live on forever. The world still cannot get enough of the woman who touched the world like no other. So sad that she's gone.

by Anonymousreply 66July 2, 2017 4:30 PM

I read that as, "Diana was an English Nose who will live on forever."

by Anonymousreply 67July 2, 2017 4:41 PM

Diana, Princess of Wales, Queen of Hearts

photos forever:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68July 2, 2017 4:43 PM

"The rest of us will be forgotten. Never Judy." --Frank Sinatra

The same can be said about Diana.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69July 2, 2017 5:20 PM

If iPods had existed then, what was on hers?

by Anonymousreply 70July 2, 2017 5:30 PM

R61 "Her death was no more and no less sad than the death of any other mother of two young kids." Way to go exploiting the obvious about the pain of Motherless children. Just how bad did you hate her Camila?

Otherwise Factually incorrect and total BS. Lady Diana had POWER. She wielded that POWER very very well and always for compassionate purposes - giving voice to the sick/suffering, those discriminated against. She lead highly successful financial appeals for the same causes - and then she sold her gowns raking in mega millions for those charities. She also lead Global coalitions in such efforts as opposing land mines - resulting in UN actions and legislation. That is not something the average Mother does.

by Anonymousreply 71July 2, 2017 5:46 PM

I choose to think that if Diana were alive today, she'd look just like the fabulous and bawdy Ms Dorinda Medley (age 52)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72July 2, 2017 5:50 PM

Princess Diana had star quality and charisma, she did not need a nose job.

by Anonymousreply 73July 2, 2017 6:06 PM

[quote] It is a point to remember that of all the ironies about Diana, perhaps the greatest was this - a girl given the name of the ancient goddess of hunting was, in the end, the most hunted person of the modern age.

Mary!

by Anonymousreply 74July 2, 2017 6:15 PM

Doris' nose lists to the left (her left). It could use a tweak, or two.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75July 2, 2017 7:02 PM

r74, Mary! doesn't mean what you think it means.

by Anonymousreply 76July 2, 2017 7:12 PM

Diana was a friggin angel. Loved her madly. Still obsessed with this lovely person.

by Anonymousreply 77July 2, 2017 8:39 PM

Diana's fans are just as crazy, if not more so, than Wacko Jackson fans.

by Anonymousreply 78July 2, 2017 8:57 PM

Crazy for Diana. Nothing like whacko Jacko.

by Anonymousreply 79July 2, 2017 9:26 PM

Pffft! Oh, she was coming into her own all right---hanging out with a rich dumb coke head, acting like a slut with him in front of her kids---all to make the doctor she was so so so in love with all jealous. So mature!

Funny how those last pics of her exiting the hotel show her as looking fucking miserable. Poor bimbo princess!

I did read somewhere that she was giving Dodi a bj in the back seat of that racing car and then at the moment of impact, he lost his dick thanks to those big chompers of hers. Tragic!

by Anonymousreply 80July 2, 2017 9:37 PM

Crying as I type . . .

by Anonymousreply 81July 2, 2017 9:48 PM

The emotional loss, isolation, and rejection from her childhood and marriage pushed her to trying repair it with all the wrong men. She literally didn't know what she was looking for, because, to her, it never existed.

by Anonymousreply 82July 2, 2017 10:07 PM

R82 Her suffering was unimaginable. No, really.

by Anonymousreply 83July 2, 2017 10:16 PM

Diana was the most beloved human being in the world and will continue to be remembered 100 years from now and beyond! Camilla, on the other hand, nobody gives a shit about except the deranged, anti Diana loons that always feel the need to add their negative crap whenever they see a thread about Diana. A normal person would bypass the thread if the subject matter didn't interest them.

by Anonymousreply 84July 3, 2017 12:09 AM

As off-putting a character as Diana might be, what is really hard for me to stomach is the blind adoration for her, as if she were some sort of couture Mother Theresa. Remember, while she was alive she was best known for sunbathing on billionaire’s yachts, palling about with show people, and acting victimized. A lot of her supposed reputation as the great humanitarian of the 20th century I think was larded on after she died simply as a means for people to justify the over-the-top histrionics at her death. And I am convinced to this day that the treacly idolization of her that still persists (one need only read up-thread) is mainly down to her beauty and the drama of an early death.

Perhaps I’m a minority in this, but I much prefer the Addison DeWitt model of gayness; cynical, acerbic and world-weary, to the pearl-clutching mawkishness that so many seem to demonstrate when it comes to Diana, Judy Garland, John Kennedy Jr or the like. One can understand liking a celebrity, or even respecting them, but it’s really a bit embarrassing and frau-like when it turns into outright veneration. It’s not like Diana was out there saving lives, after all.

by Anonymousreply 85July 4, 2017 3:55 PM

R85. You're simply mistaken, dear.

by Anonymousreply 86July 4, 2017 4:03 PM

R85 you are a clearly a hater troll, why are you in here? Thing is this Princess did save lives - from land mines, from the blind cruelty of bigotry and demanding proper health care, medical research and respect for victims of HIV/AIDS. Two causes of her's amongst many. The Billionaire BS came at the end - so you just sound stupid.

by Anonymousreply 87July 4, 2017 4:17 PM

She has her place in history for transforming the British Monarchy. Not a small feat.

by Anonymousreply 88July 4, 2017 5:36 PM

R85, I'm sure you're hard to stomach PERIOD!

by Anonymousreply 89July 5, 2017 2:49 AM

She touched so many hearts because, in spite of all the glamour and wealth, she knew real pain. First when her mother left the family when she as still a child, and then when she lost her husband to a rottweiler. She had true compassion for others because she knew and understood suffering. I don't give a damn if she slept with a thousand men or how deeply neurotic she was, she was genuinely human and not above showing it. Up until she married into the royal family they were dull as sticks. Who here has never groveled for a man or slept with the wrong people? No one. Diana was beautiful, vulnerable, and beloved by many. She died shortly before my father did. Strange to say but I liked the idea that she was already in heaven just before he got there, and I'm not even religious. I was glued to the TV when she died, having heard the news just hours after the accident. It was like losing a dear friend.

by Anonymousreply 90July 5, 2017 2:55 AM

#85, "It’s not like Diana was out there saving lives, after all." Her work bringing awareness to landmines, AIDS, and the children of prisoners families very likely saved lives. She also supported compassionate palliative care, enabling people to die with dignity and with the least possible amount of pain.

by Anonymousreply 91July 5, 2017 2:59 AM

[quote]Diana was the most beloved human being in the world and will continue to be remembered 100 years from now and beyond!

You are hilariously stupid. Please, go on.

by Anonymousreply 92July 5, 2017 3:34 AM

[quote][R74], Mary! doesn't mean what you think it means.

r74 used it flawlessly, Queen Mary.

by Anonymousreply 93July 5, 2017 10:11 AM

[quote] A normal person would bypass the thread if the subject matter didn't interest them.

I'm not sure you're the best spokesperson for normal people.

by Anonymousreply 94July 5, 2017 10:17 AM

It's easy to forget she went from Kindergarten teacher to princess. I love how she loved kids. You can't fake that. She always had some of that teacher in her. The grooming thing and how her guard went down slightly with kids.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 95July 5, 2017 11:29 AM

she rocked the orange like no one else could

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 96July 5, 2017 11:34 AM

Did Princess Anne have to curtsy to her?

by Anonymousreply 97July 5, 2017 11:38 AM

I remember the MTV awards were like the next night or close.....so they had Jewel open with Angel. Oh god I'm 14 again.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98July 5, 2017 12:00 PM

But remember when she was first introduced to the public? That shy smile- that's the Diana I can't forget.

by Anonymousreply 99February 3, 2018 3:27 AM

Is there no thread on the 22nd anniversary of her death?

by Anonymousreply 100September 1, 2019 5:30 AM

She died as she lived--in plush luxury.

by Anonymousreply 101September 1, 2019 5:34 AM

It was this time of night, early Sunday morning the day before Labor Day, when I heard about it. I'd been jerking off to a Brad Hunt video, and when I turned off the video, ABC News was on, having switched over to their Paris bureau. I watched the coverage for a couple of hours, though her death did not have the effect on me it had on some of you.

by Anonymousreply 102September 1, 2019 5:39 AM

She was kind of a yawn.

by Anonymousreply 103September 1, 2019 5:48 AM

Had she lived who would she have preferred, Kate or Meghan?

by Anonymousreply 104September 1, 2019 5:57 AM

Diana brought some humanity to that family. Damn, I was crazy about her. Of all the major funerals I've lived through, e.g., JFK, JFK, Jr., Princess Grace, nothing surpassed the worldwide shock and sadness more than Diana.

You were actually at all those funerals? Fuck you people are just as neurotic and nuts as the woman herself!

by Anonymousreply 105September 1, 2019 9:12 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!