Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

I have been banned from my niece's home

And told I am no longer allowed to be around her children.

I spent a few hours looking after her youngest daughter this afternoon and we had a lovely time, as I taught her how to draw some cartoon characters from my childhood.

The child showed the picture of Little Black Sambo to her mother, my niece, and she apparently flipped. Evidently, I am a "racist" and was trying to poison her daughter's mind.

Some days, I feel as if the world has changed so much that I don't want to live in it anymore.

by Anonymousreply 18July 28, 2018 5:57 PM

Oh, and I was also instructed that I'm supposed to call them "Brazil nuts" now.

by Anonymousreply 1June 18, 2017 12:08 AM

0/10

Anyone who has managed to reach adulthood without constantly running into traffic knows better than to draw images like "Little Black Sambo" for children (and anyone else).

As a troll you're a moron.

by Anonymousreply 2June 18, 2017 12:09 AM

Is this the same niece that you bought the lovely Easter bonnet for?

by Anonymousreply 3June 18, 2017 12:10 AM

I thought you had already been banned from being alone with your nieces daughter/children OP?

by Anonymousreply 4June 18, 2017 12:18 AM

OP Funny as hell.

I'm not the Aspie Troll, but my father is an eighty year old aspie, and I could see him telling that story. I have to tell him not to say things like that to my daughter. He thinks the world is nuts for being so "PC" and we're all wrong and he's right and he'll practically come to blows over it. Age is only making him worse.

by Anonymousreply 5June 18, 2017 12:28 AM

R4, she bans me, then relents, then bans me again for some further infraction. It's very tiresome.

by Anonymousreply 6June 18, 2017 9:41 PM

Little Black Sambo? How many years ago was that?

by Anonymousreply 7June 18, 2017 10:17 PM

I read the story as a child in the 1950s.

by Anonymousreply 8June 19, 2017 3:05 AM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 9June 19, 2018 3:26 AM

I know that your great-niece appreciated the pinafore and Easter bonnet you purchased for her, since you now know what to call 'Brazil Nuts'. But will she ever be able to savor your delectable Chicken Cordon Bleu? You're making an investment in that child's future, but I'm afraid it may not be repaid. We don't want you to feel any more disappointment than you already do with your feckless and ungrateful relatives.

by Anonymousreply 10June 19, 2018 3:45 AM

How did you ever manage to get into you niece's good graces after your last big screw up? Did your sister finally pick up the phone?

Can we have your fabulous Chicken A La King Recipe the little tramp turned her nose up at?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11June 19, 2018 3:59 AM

Waiting with bated breath!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12June 19, 2018 6:58 PM

We had a 45 or 33 of Little Brave Sambo, for which we tease our mom. She loved the original as a kid, and she felt Brave Sambo was acceptable as in the cover art looked Indian not African and it wasn't specifically Little Black Sambo and Sambo was a brave kid to outsmart the cat.

She also grew up on the alternative name to brazil nuts. Oh, and ding-dong-runaway was n-knocking to her. /sigh

We also had the record for Ten Little Indians, featuring the apparently monogamous pedophile John Brown (John Brown had a little Indian, one little Indian boy). We also tease our mom about that, for which she turns several shades of red and has no answer. It was a fun counting song as a kid, but some things do not stand the test of time.

by Anonymousreply 13July 7, 2018 11:13 PM

Why was OP's post striked out? Muriel can be quite tiresome.

by Anonymousreply 14July 7, 2018 11:17 PM

You also forgot to have her brush after her meal, OP.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15July 7, 2018 11:22 PM

My guess would be not one on ten people crying about the story grasp it's a story set in the Indian subcontinent. Unlike Tarzan movies it doesn't have a thing to do with Africa.

by Anonymousreply 16July 7, 2018 11:36 PM

R16 That explains the gear he lost to the lion! Or tiger. Whichever.

My mom will be glad to know he was India Indian. We'll have to stop teasing her about that.

by Anonymousreply 17July 24, 2018 1:45 AM

Why not take them all out to breakfast in Santa Barbara, OP?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18July 28, 2018 5:57 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!