Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

‘Grace & Frankie’ Season 4 Will Be About “Coming To Terms With Age”

Grace and Frankie tells the story of two older women (Jane Fonda and Lily Tomlin) dealing with the aftermath of their husbands (Martin Sheen and Sam Waterston) falling in love with each other. Creator and showrunner Marta Kauffman said during an ATX Television Festival panel today that season 4 will be “really about the women coming to terms with age, coming to terms with how old they are, where their bodies are at this point, where their minds are at this point and what does that imply, what does that mean?”

I hope Grace and Frankie kiss this season. I know Jane is into it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 172April 12, 2018 9:37 AM

It's about time!

by Anonymousreply 1June 13, 2017 2:29 AM

Do any of you think this show is good? I watched the first 4 episodes and gave up. It'a not funny or entertaining in the least.

by Anonymousreply 2June 13, 2017 2:31 AM

Who wants to see something like this?

by Anonymousreply 3June 13, 2017 2:53 AM

I enjoy watching this show. It is worth it just for the chemistry between Jane and Lily. Grace and Frankie would be the hottest lesbian couple on TV if they got together. I hope Season 4 is even gayer than Season 3.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4June 13, 2017 2:56 AM

It's a pleasant enough show, but I hope this is the last season.

It's run its course and hasn't given us anything new since the second season.

by Anonymousreply 5June 13, 2017 2:59 AM

I started watching it and it looked so cheap. I know it's a multicamera show, but the lighting made everything and everyone look harsh.

BTW, one day I was walking on the beach, past Zuma, and I saw Fonda and Tomlin shooting a scene outside of what, I presume, was one of the character's beach house in the show.

by Anonymousreply 6June 13, 2017 3:02 AM

Season 3 introduced unresolved sexual tension from Grace towards Frankie. I personally never saw it before then.

by Anonymousreply 7June 13, 2017 3:04 AM

The show's humor is generated more by the characters' personalities than plot situations. The references to outlived trends and trying to remain hip are another source. The key to the show is feeling liking you are laughing with them; instead of at them. It's a thin line.

by Anonymousreply 8June 13, 2017 3:07 AM

R5, if you don't care then don't watch it. I enjoy the show, but found the actors a bit tentative toward one another the first season. The comfort level has improved each season and I think this season they finally hit their groove. I look forward to more seasons with this bunch.

by Anonymousreply 9June 13, 2017 4:24 AM

They've gotta get Dolly on it.

by Anonymousreply 10June 13, 2017 4:53 AM

Great idea r10.

by Anonymousreply 11June 13, 2017 8:41 AM

Having Grace and Frankie get married is another great idea!

by Anonymousreply 12June 14, 2017 12:13 AM

It's pure crap.

by Anonymousreply 13June 14, 2017 12:15 AM

It's awesome!

by Anonymousreply 14June 14, 2017 12:16 AM

I love it. So much better than half the crap out there. The exterior of the beach house is actually Marta Kaufman's (exec producer who made her $ as EP of Friends) house. They inside is a set but a replica of her actual house.

by Anonymousreply 15June 14, 2017 12:17 AM

This show has no buzz

by Anonymousreply 16June 14, 2017 12:21 AM

Jane and Lily are the closest I have ever come to real people shipping. I think they are both genuinely attracted to each other. 46 years is relationship goal, though. Much respect for Lily and Jane Wagner!

by Anonymousreply 17June 14, 2017 12:44 AM

The show has no buzz because there hasn't been much promotion. Ageism may be a factor, too.

by Anonymousreply 18June 14, 2017 8:55 AM

The season ended with Peter Gallagher rubbing his bone on Grace. It will be interesting.

by Anonymousreply 19June 14, 2017 9:11 AM

The season ended with Grace and Frankie sailing away together in a hot air balloon. I have noticed on various places there are few people opposed to the idea of them becoming a couple.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20June 14, 2017 10:24 PM

I really like this picture.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21June 14, 2017 10:29 PM

This was taken on the set of Grace and Frankie. Ms. Fonda will be as gorgeous as ever in Season 4. I love her activism!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22June 27, 2017 9:06 PM

Jane and Lily are both nominated for Emmys!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23July 13, 2017 4:15 PM

In other words, season 4 is going to be about what the first 3 seasons were about. Meanwhile, they need to dump the boring children and focus more on the title characters.

by Anonymousreply 24July 13, 2017 4:21 PM

I turn 30 and I can relate. I've had several breakdowns lately. When you're 18 you think you have your whole life ahead of you. Suddenly you're 30 and look back and ask what the hell went wrong. I have so many regrets. I've wasted so many years of my life. Getting older fucking sucks.

by Anonymousreply 25July 13, 2017 5:20 PM

I feel ya brother.

by Anonymousreply 26July 13, 2017 10:10 PM

R25, Astrologically speaking, that is the time of your "Saturn Return." You can read about it, if interested.

You really put a lot of pressure on yourself around those few years, expecting to have "accomplished" certain societally-deemed important things by then.... It probably does you no good for me to say you will feel better about your life in your later thirties, and into your forties, as you make peace with your life path. You might find yourself feeling "younger" in your later years. But that is the experience of myself and others I've known.

But anyway... I searched for Grace & Frankie threads because I only started binge watching the show on Netflix recently.

Thrilled to see these two icons on the screen. Glad to see this ensemble of 70-and-over actors holding the stage!

by Anonymousreply 27July 15, 2017 4:00 PM

R25, I have underwear older than you.

If Season 4 is about old age, it sounds depressing.

by Anonymousreply 28July 15, 2017 4:15 PM

So I don't think Fonda is good at comedy and that kills the show.

Also, it can't be an honest look at aging when Fonda has had so much work done.

by Anonymousreply 29July 15, 2017 4:32 PM

That is a weak argument, R29.

She still looks damn good. She is 79!

Why do you dislike her, really?

by Anonymousreply 30July 15, 2017 4:46 PM

I love this show. I hope it goes on for a few more seasons. And, yes, they should hook up.

by Anonymousreply 31July 15, 2017 4:47 PM

I heard an interview with Marta Kaufmann where she stated (paraphrasing) Season 3 is the closest the show has to come to her vision/the season she is happiest with. It sounds like they will continue making the show have "lesbian connections".

by Anonymousreply 32July 15, 2017 5:17 PM

I like Jane, but find her brittle and out of her element on G&F

by Anonymousreply 33July 16, 2017 7:19 PM

Grace is repressed. She needs a good licking on the beach.

by Anonymousreply 34July 17, 2017 8:00 PM

She truly does, R34. I've been binge watching the entire series recently and now I'm hooked. The one thing I can't get past is, how did Frankie NOT know Sol was gay? Waterston plays him as so effeminate that she'd have to have been lobotomized not to have known.

The chemistry between Fonda and Tomlin is electric. And those two floating off in a rainbow balloon? Season 4 can't arrive soon enough.

by Anonymousreply 35August 13, 2017 2:51 PM

[quote]I know it's a multi camera show

It is not a multi-camera show. Multi-camera shows are shot on a stage in front of a live audience, and the audience reactions, usually enhanced with laugh tracks, are incorporated into the sound tracks.

by Anonymousreply 36August 13, 2017 3:05 PM

This show made me fantasize about a nearly 80 year old woman naked and writhing on another older woman, and if that doesn't turn the world on it's head then nothing will.

by Anonymousreply 37August 13, 2017 3:45 PM

My cat and I watch this together. While I macrame volleyball nets from fresh tampon strings, she mans the remote and rewinds each instance of sapphic innuendo. It's a good arrangement and she keeps very busy.

by Anonymousreply 38August 13, 2017 3:54 PM

I wonder what Jane Fonda thinks about all of these younger women drooling over her.

by Anonymousreply 39August 14, 2017 11:15 PM

Will you ever do another Grace & Frankie? Of course! We were so sad to see it end. What season was it? (from audience: Three!) Well, season 4 will be out in January! And we’re gonna do a season 5! I’m just gonna save this paper to show our producers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40November 13, 2017 11:26 PM

[quote]I started watching it and it looked so cheap. I know it's a multicamera show, but the lighting made everything and everyone look harsh.

It's single camera, but the green screen work is truly awful and distracting.

by Anonymousreply 41November 13, 2017 11:55 PM

I’ll care about Season 4 when Hanoi Jane apologizes for her treasonous acts during the Vietnam War. But probably not. And, oh, she sucks at comedy. Not a funny bone in her brittle body.

by Anonymousreply 42November 14, 2017 2:39 AM

Jane and Lily look great! Lots of love to both of them! I hope Grace and Frankie hook up in Season 4!

by Anonymousreply 43November 14, 2017 2:56 AM

The show just keeps getting better. If season 4 is as good as season 3 was, it can go on till Lily or Jane keels over.

by Anonymousreply 44November 14, 2017 3:49 AM

Don't mess with the best. We're back January 19th.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45November 18, 2017 3:56 AM

That video is so lesbionic.

by Anonymousreply 46November 18, 2017 3:57 AM

Bring in Dolly Parton!

by Anonymousreply 47November 18, 2017 4:01 AM

She can perform Grace and Frankie's wedding song!

by Anonymousreply 48November 18, 2017 4:05 AM

How are we not supposed to ship these two? I REALLY hope they make them a couple!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49November 18, 2017 4:09 AM

I love it. Also it's very quotable.

by Anonymousreply 50November 18, 2017 4:23 AM

[quote]‘Grace & Frankie’ Season 4 Will Be About “Coming To Terms With Age”

...as opposed to Seasons 1 through 3???

by Anonymousreply 51November 18, 2017 4:25 AM

Season 4 of Netflix‘s “Grace and Frankie” starring Jane Fonda and Lily Tomlin will debut globally on Friday, Jan. 19. The season will focus on the difficulties that arise in Grace (Fonda) and Frankie’s (Tomlin) friendship when third wheel Sheree (Lisa Kudrow) enters the picture.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52November 18, 2017 4:27 AM

It sounds like this season is going to get very lesbionic!

by Anonymousreply 53November 18, 2017 4:30 AM

TPTB better not fucking queerbait us.

by Anonymousreply 54December 1, 2017 4:42 AM

Agree with R2. I REALLYY want to like this show, but it is just not funny. The writing is so boring. There is ZERO chemistry between the 2 ex husbands. I've watched 7 or 8 episodes, and I think I laughed twice. So much potential, but so much not funny.

by Anonymousreply 55December 1, 2017 3:53 PM

I really enjoy this show. Sometimes they are a little over the top but I know that going in. The entire cast has slowly grown on me. Surprisingly, Sheen and Waterson are the weakest link.

I just love Jane Fonda in this. And love her wardrobe. Both of them are amazing pulling this off at a tender age. The house on the beach is fabulous. It's one of the stars of the show.

by Anonymousreply 56December 1, 2017 4:44 PM

Friday!!

by Anonymousreply 57January 16, 2018 2:04 AM

I really want to like this show so much. I LOVE these two actresses, but every episode I've seen (all of season 1, most of season 2) just wasn't funny. The wretched chemistry between the 2 ex husbands is cringe-worthy, and the writing is just bad. Thank goodness Lily and Jane are naturally funny people.

by Anonymousreply 58January 16, 2018 3:24 AM

I didn't know it was a sitcom.

by Anonymousreply 59January 16, 2018 5:50 AM

R55, Season 3 is so much better than Season 1. I would watch Lily Tomlin in virtually anything. I would have stopped watching Season 1 after a few episodes but hung in there for Lily. Season 2 get better and by Season 3 the show was really together. From the trailer, I think they are probably at the top of their game this season.

The first season everyone seemed stiff to me but Lily. Jane is not warm and cuddly and, although she knew Lily pretty well, she still seemed uncomfortable in the role. I'm just guessing but I think Jane has some issues with aging, so really getting into fumbling through aging issues was probably tough for her. Sheen and Waterston also seemed extremely uncomfortable to me. They all seemed more comfortable the second season than they did the first, but the material still was not good. Season 3 they were really comfortable with the roles and the scenes were funnier. I'd skip season 2 and watch a few episodes of Season 3, if you want to give it another chance. Or just wait and try a few episodes of season 4.

by Anonymousreply 60January 17, 2018 2:15 AM

Meanwhile, Jane and ex sell their home and she goes to a 3-story condo with an elevator in Century City.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61January 19, 2018 2:15 AM

Is Lisa Kudrow on the show? Are her episodes worth watching?

by Anonymousreply 62January 19, 2018 2:21 AM

It comes out tomorrow, R62.

by Anonymousreply 63January 19, 2018 2:36 AM

I am thinking about just watching Season 3 again and reading some fan fic. I usually get disappointed whenever I become involved in a show. This is probably no exception.

by Anonymousreply 64January 19, 2018 3:44 AM

A poster above stated that Lily and Jane are naturally funny people. On what planet would the cold, brittle and utterly humorless Hanoi Jane be considered naturally funny?

by Anonymousreply 65January 19, 2018 4:06 AM

R65, She is a lot funnier than assholes like you.

by Anonymousreply 66January 19, 2018 4:10 AM

I agree that the husbands have no chemistry. I think that Jane and Lily have friendship chemistry (in and out of character), but not in a lesbian sense (and I am a lesbian). I love Lily, but I dislike her character because she is such a stereotypical hippie type, its annoying. Also, the actress who plays Brianna has got to go... so annoying. The two sons are the best on the show, in my opinion.

Lastly, it does kind of grate on me that the writers are giving 70-somethings millennial dialogue to read. It's embarrassing. I see lots of missed opportunities on this show (historical pop culture references especially) which would assist in its appeal to its target audience. Overall though, I like it. I do hope that they do not get the ladies together. They have already established they're straight.

by Anonymousreply 67January 19, 2018 4:20 AM

I think Jane is bisexual and has a thing for Lily but can not do anything about it since Lily is a happily married woman. They appear to make great friends, and it is obvious they really love each other. They have not established Grace and Frankie as straight. Frankie is experimental, and Grace gets turned on by another woman's moaning.

by Anonymousreply 68January 19, 2018 4:36 AM

It sounds like I made a wise decision in not watching Season 4 and reading fan fic, instead. What a waste!

by Anonymousreply 69January 19, 2018 3:57 PM

Wendy Williams tells the story of how Jane Fonda came on to her when they first met. Apparently, Jane likes them tall with big boobs.

by Anonymousreply 70January 19, 2018 4:32 PM

They mention elder-gays in it.

by Anonymousreply 71January 20, 2018 2:51 AM

as I posted on the other thread:

Brianna (about Bud's pregnant GF at a gender reveal party): "How many times do we have to celebrate that she took a load?"

Oh, yeah. Totally proof that a DLer writes this show.

by Anonymousreply 72January 20, 2018 2:51 AM

Then shame on that DLer for what he did to this season!

by Anonymousreply 73January 20, 2018 3:29 AM

I like this season the best. I'm five episodes in. it does seem, however, that they are throwing all these weird stories and characters in because they've run out of storyline. The Lisa Kudrow character? Lily Tomlin's sister? etc. There is no point to introducing new characters so late in the game, other than to distract. I still love the show.

by Anonymousreply 74January 20, 2018 5:23 AM

I've got a question regarding how they film this and other series when the entire season is released on one day. Do they film each episode separately? or do they film them as one gigantic 10 hour show, and film, say, all the scenes that take place in, say, the kitchen, all at once for all of the episodes?

by Anonymousreply 75January 20, 2018 4:28 PM

I am guessing here, but they probably film in blocks (ep 1-3, 4-6, etc) then of course film those episodes out of order according to schedules and availability.

by Anonymousreply 76January 20, 2018 7:07 PM

Wendy wishes, R70.

by Anonymousreply 77January 20, 2018 7:11 PM

They got a great list of supporting guest stars this season...Marsha Norman, Ernie Hudson, Peter Gallagher, Talia Shire!, Jule Hagerty!!

by Anonymousreply 78January 20, 2018 7:14 PM

Lisa was great but kind of wasted. Of course her Fag Hag business partner had a small role as well in her last episode.

Lily was fantastic as was Jane this season

by Anonymousreply 79January 20, 2018 7:21 PM

Love Jane. Love Lily. But this show just isn’t funny. It doesn’t work. Really poorly written. And the supporting cast are almost to a person - uninteresting and dull.

by Anonymousreply 80January 20, 2018 7:33 PM

Well, R80, then don't watch it. And if a show I disliked that much was being discussed here, I'd probably just skip the thread.

by Anonymousreply 81January 20, 2018 8:00 PM

I actually love this show

by Anonymousreply 82January 20, 2018 10:02 PM

When Fonda apologizes for her treasonous acts during the Vietnam War I’ll care about Season 4 . But probably not.

by Anonymousreply 83January 21, 2018 2:01 AM

R75 I don't think they film all of them at once because even streaming shows tend to have multiple directors per season. I have noticed that directors are more likely to direct multiple episodes in a season with streaming shows, so they probably shoot their episodes together.

by Anonymousreply 84January 21, 2018 2:44 AM

Ethan Embry (Coyote) finally takes off his shirt. HAF.

by Anonymousreply 85January 21, 2018 2:46 AM

Sol annoyed me this season.

Coyote has nothing on Peter Gallagher.

Mallory is a snooze.

Bye bye Jacob, we'll miss you.

by Anonymousreply 86January 21, 2018 9:49 AM

Wayyy too contrived season. Destroyed house because they got "scammed" ? Suddenly they have rats ? They're escaping a retirement home (for a busted knee and getting lost while driving) while their exes are getting courted for a threesome by some young idiot ? Please.

This season didn't work at all.

Stop making them such fucking victims of everything and anything and just make them be happy and funny.

by Anonymousreply 87January 21, 2018 10:18 AM

Stop queerbaiting and get Grace and Frankie together! They would make an awesome couple!

by Anonymousreply 88January 21, 2018 12:05 PM

I thought the women ending up in assisted living was a result of misogyny. It was made clearer by the men meeting/having Roy.

Contrived or genius?

Their kids think they are helpless. Isn't that typical? The kids are way too young for those parents though.

by Anonymousreply 89January 21, 2018 12:41 PM

The women ended up in the retirement home because each one was told by the other's kids, that they had to go there. So each one went to support the other & not leave her there alone. True friendship & loyalty. But ridiculous that they'd be considered "feeble" enough to need to be in such a place.

Season 4 was not nearly as funny as the other three. Dark, actually.

There is no chemistry between Waterston & Sheen's characters. Never has been.

They should have ditched Mallory & Bud after Season 1 & developed Brianna & Coyote's story lines more deeply. And Coyote's character should be shirtless alot more.

I'm sure there'll be a Season 5, though.

by Anonymousreply 90January 21, 2018 1:04 PM

[quote] I thought the women ending up in assisted living was a result of misogyny. It was made clearer by the men meeting/having Roy.

Well, if I'm right in assuming that their show's target demographic are women, speaking as one I am sick of seeing that shit and being reminded of it all the time. I *know* how unfair society is to us, I live it. I want to see my favorite characters getting a break from it, not having their face so openly rubbed in it.

Note to writers : stop bumming us out. The men watching don't give a flying fuck either way about what happens to us. Make the show for us please.

by Anonymousreply 91January 21, 2018 1:10 PM

^^ Ms. Fonda, please stop shilling your show on our board. It's unbecoming & highly unprofessional.

by Anonymousreply 92January 21, 2018 1:18 PM

R91, time for your medication.

by Anonymousreply 93January 21, 2018 1:18 PM

There were several scenes with the male couple that seemed ripped off DL. No joke.

by Anonymousreply 94January 21, 2018 1:19 PM

I think the complaint there is no chemistry between Sheen and Waterston is actually more about their age than sexual chemistry. They've been together for what twenty years? They are over 70. What exactly are you expecting? You are confusing men who turn you on with chemistry between two long term partners.

R91 - so you don't like the show. Watch Friends instead. i think the entire run is available on Netflix. Your criticism is like going to a baseball game and complaining the players don't run with ball enough. The premise of the show is how Frankie and Grace are treated. We see that underlying premise on DL all the time. Read threads about the future of the Democratic Party. A consistent theme is that someone's age rules them out as a candidate in 2020.

The children don't have malicious intent when they trick Frankie and Grace into assisted living. Taking advantage of them when they are most vulnerable. Then end result is the same as what happened in the first episodes of the season with Sheree.

They did a great job setting up the parallels between the children's problems and those of Frankie and Grace. No one suggest Bud's kid should be taken away from him when he is in such a panic that he has to call his mother to bail him out. But Frankie gets lost and doesn't panic - she can't be alone with her grandchild.

The lock down and Grace sober episode is hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 95January 21, 2018 3:14 PM

[quote]I think the complaint there is no chemistry between Sheen and Waterston is actually more about their age than sexual chemistry. They've been together for what twenty years? They are over 70. What exactly are you expecting? You are confusing men who turn you on with chemistry between two long term partners.

The problem is that they are completely unconvincing as a romantic couple, whether or not they have sex, and as anything other than business partners. There's no platonic chemistry, no obvious intimacy or familiarity--nothing. They might as well have met 10 minutes ago.

by Anonymousreply 96January 21, 2018 4:10 PM

Casper Van Dien is still hot.

I actually thought Lily was amazing this season and Fonda deserves her nomination for the motorized cart accident scene.

by Anonymousreply 97January 21, 2018 4:56 PM

I'm more interested in what's going on with the husbands.

by Anonymousreply 98January 21, 2018 5:04 PM

I think the guys have more chemistry than some say, but it is nothing compared to what Jane and Lily have. Grace and Frankie would be the hottest couple on tv if they were together. Shock the world, writers!

by Anonymousreply 99January 21, 2018 5:47 PM

[quote]Casper Van Dien is still hot.

What a bizarre non sequitur.

by Anonymousreply 100January 21, 2018 6:14 PM

[quote] Casper Van Dien is still hot.

R97 do you mean the "is he gay" new neighbor? That was Scott Evans (Oliver Fish on OLTL).

by Anonymousreply 101January 21, 2018 6:50 PM

I still have not watched Season 4. The more I read from those who did, the more ticked off I get. I do not know if I will ever watch it. Do better next season, writers!

by Anonymousreply 102January 21, 2018 7:00 PM

The only wtf contrived moment was the contractor bit, but it provided the final push to get the kids to force the women into semi-supervised care. Overall I liked this season.

by Anonymousreply 103January 21, 2018 7:11 PM

I am with R91. I do not need to see this shit.

by Anonymousreply 104January 21, 2018 7:19 PM

And I have not watched Friends or will.

by Anonymousreply 105January 21, 2018 7:20 PM

This show is one of my “comfort” shows when I get in bed and relax. Love the ep where Jane is in the hardware store and finally accepts that she needs the scooter. Younger people aren’t going to get it because they don’t know what it’s like to still feel young but having your body betray you. I’m 54 and starting to get knee problems and if I do get on all fours it takes a hell of a lot more effort to get up and requires something to hold onto. No more jumping up and down.

I think the humor is subtle and I find Jane quite funny. Lily has gorgeous hair and both look great for their age. The people bitching about “Hanoi Jane” must have missed her apology years ago.

by Anonymousreply 106January 21, 2018 7:20 PM

I've only watched two episodes; it feels weird to me that Phoebe Buffay is living with Grace and Frankie.

by Anonymousreply 107January 21, 2018 7:20 PM

She doesn’t stay R107.

by Anonymousreply 108January 21, 2018 7:42 PM

[quote]The people bitching about “Hanoi Jane” must have missed her apology years ago.

Chances are these fossils have failed to evolve in their lives in other ways as well.

by Anonymousreply 109January 21, 2018 8:05 PM

I just finished watching this season. I loved it. It seemed better-written than last year. But -- SPOILER ALERT -- wtf with that ending? I had hoped Nick would come bounding down to the ocean to say he bought it and they can stay forever, rent free, but as it is, they lost the house that they love and which is almost like a character in the show. I suppose sales contracts are easy enough to break, but it felt like a terrible way to end a comedy series. I hope there is a new season.

by Anonymousreply 110January 21, 2018 8:21 PM

Maybe Sheree bought it.

by Anonymousreply 111January 21, 2018 8:45 PM

^^ or Nick

by Anonymousreply 112January 21, 2018 8:59 PM

Or Jacob? that would be sweet thing to do.

by Anonymousreply 113January 21, 2018 9:18 PM

Hanoi Jane’s apologies have been of the non-apology ilk. I’m sorry if my gleefully going behind enemy lines and grinning and clapping like a deranged seal while sitting organically atop an anti-American aircraft gun causing further torture to American POWx offended you. Thanks.

by Anonymousreply 114January 21, 2018 9:29 PM

Sorry, orgasmically. That’s an important word.

by Anonymousreply 115January 21, 2018 9:30 PM

You know what I think they have planned? I think the purchaser is a new character...played by DOLLY PARTON!

by Anonymousreply 116January 21, 2018 9:35 PM

Yes weird ending I didn't get it, what was the party for ? Who were they expecting ?

by Anonymousreply 117January 21, 2018 9:48 PM

I'd love that, R116!

by Anonymousreply 118January 21, 2018 9:55 PM

R116 that would be beyond amazing!

by Anonymousreply 119January 21, 2018 10:46 PM

R117 - the party was for Frankie. She had finally been brought back to life by the Feds.

I thought Kudrow played to her strengths without reincarnating Phoebe for this show.

No chemistry between Sol and Robert? How about the scene on the beach when they have to admit now is not the right time to tell Frankie and Grace? R96 - look at how they stay together and still try to manage their relationships with Frankie and Grace.

What's confronting Robert and Sol is entirely different than what confronts Frankie and Grace. Robert and Sol are leaving behind the wreckage of their lives. like it or not Frankie and Grace and picking up the pieces and moving on. For the series to work we have to have sympathy for everyone involved. Not access blame but accept reality.

Aside from clearly great talents, Fonda and Tomlin, working together it's the contrasts and comparisons in the plot that work for me.

by Anonymousreply 120January 22, 2018 3:59 AM

[quote] Lily has gorgeous hair

It's a wig.

by Anonymousreply 121January 22, 2018 4:35 AM

I love the show, but do not care for the scenes with Sol and Robert. Sol is annoying and unbelievable. I think he would have been a more interesting character if he appeared to be straight laced, yet all those hippy tendencies. As he is, he is annoying. His character is not believable as a successful lawyer. And the two actors do NOT have chemistry. There is no natural rhythm to them, and they don't share the private jokes or easy comfort that long term couples have. Lily and Jane are more believable as a couple.

by Anonymousreply 122January 23, 2018 1:08 AM

Jane hinted in an interview she would do Lily if Lily was not with her wife. Their chemistry is hotter than most on tv. The writers wasted it in Season 4. I hope they do not make that mistake again.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 123January 23, 2018 1:45 AM

The thing about Sol and Robert is that they bicker a lot, at first reading “like an old married couple”, but as R122 posted, missing the subtleties that comes with chemistry, and that we see with Grace and Frankie. Individually, Martin and Sam are decent actors, is it the writing and directing?

by Anonymousreply 124January 23, 2018 1:47 AM

I'm not clear how the beach house was sold without their knowledge - I can't imagine they signed power of attorney to their kids. Putting them into assisted living facilities doesn't automatically grant power of attorney.

They own the house (from the divorces). You kind of need the deeded owner to sign documents when you sell property. The law tends to prefer that such transactions be, you know, legal.

by Anonymousreply 125January 23, 2018 1:51 AM

Maybe they agreed to sell when they moved and didn't expect it to sell so quickly.

by Anonymousreply 126January 23, 2018 1:53 AM

Sad that the kids didn’t seem to try to help their moms stay in that house longer. However they seem to barely manage their own crap on a good day let alone help someone else.

by Anonymousreply 127January 23, 2018 1:57 AM

[quote]Maybe they agreed to sell when they moved and didn't expect it to sell so quickly.

Even if they agreed to sell, they would still need to sign the offer/sales contract, not to mention it's not a done deal until they actually sign the sale documentation, quit claim deeds, and such.

I also did find it appalling how the kids manipulated them and didn't even try to let them keep living in the house. If they were both like Marsha Mason's character where they've become dangerous to themselves, sure. But, they could easily have just hired a someone to check on them or some other in home assistance - they're not penniless or living in Grey Gardens for years. The contractor fiasco was a very recent turn of events.

by Anonymousreply 128January 23, 2018 1:59 AM

God I almost cried in that clip with Coco Peru.

That was moving

by Anonymousreply 129January 23, 2018 2:02 AM

"Sol Bergstein" is a 15-year-old alt-righter's idea of a Jewish name.

by Anonymousreply 130January 23, 2018 2:03 AM

That's Marsha Mason, R78.

by Anonymousreply 131January 23, 2018 2:03 AM

It is just a television show, but I will entertain your idea.

They slap sold signs on houses all the time and some deals still fall through or haven't been signed.

The kids are bratty.

by Anonymousreply 132January 23, 2018 2:05 AM

R115 needs to go to the John McCain home for cranky rightwing pants-shitting elder-elder-Trumpies who will soon be robbed of their Medicare and Social security. Please do die off, you and your shriveled reichwing sack of wrinkled flesh.

That said, I appreciated the portrayal of families helping their parents and the awkward situations, including disability and dementia.

And Ethan Embry in a sleeveless T-shirt made me happy, without Viagra, thank you! His tattoos, however, are unfortunate.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 133January 23, 2018 2:43 AM

Oops, R114. He's the rightwing turd. Sorry, R115

by Anonymousreply 134January 23, 2018 2:45 AM

I think r97 thinks Folk Roy is played by Casper Van Dien. He is played by Mark Deklin, who played gay on GCB.

I thought this season was really good, and had lots of big laughs.

Mallory and Bud could go, and I'd be fine.

Ethan Embry is soooo fuckable.

Where was Coco Peru?

by Anonymousreply 135January 23, 2018 2:48 AM

Can someone under forty watch this? It seems like this was made for The Depends crowd.

by Anonymousreply 136January 23, 2018 2:52 AM

You're kind of limited in your thinking R136. Does anything have to be just like you to have relevance to you? You made not have read or seen this but does The Crucible just have relevance for witches?

by Anonymousreply 137January 23, 2018 2:57 AM

I don't think there are tons of 70+ people watching Netflix. Younger people are watching this show, clearly, of Netflix keeps churning it out.

by Anonymousreply 138January 23, 2018 3:08 AM

R138 you seem to have a dim view of young people.

by Anonymousreply 139January 23, 2018 3:49 AM

R138 said YOUNGER people, which could mean anything from 30/35 to 45 to 60s. Fonda, Tomlin, Sheen, and Waterston are all pushing 80, so any audience is inevitably going to be mostly younger than them.

by Anonymousreply 140January 23, 2018 3:55 AM

Aging? Let’s face it at their ages the cast of this show need to come to terms with DEATH. They should all have gotten a grip on aging 30 years ago.

by Anonymousreply 141January 23, 2018 4:02 AM

Swoosie Kurtz is fun on this show as a rich bitch character.,

by Anonymousreply 142January 23, 2018 4:48 AM

I don't understand Swoosie Kurtz's face. It doesn't seem to work.

by Anonymousreply 143January 23, 2018 9:51 AM

Sol & Robert act like two bickering old friends. I appreciate that the actors are giving it their all now since I couldn't imagine seeing either doing this 20 or 30 years ago.

I'm happy they're finally doing something to try and make Mallory interesting since the character was pregnant for like two seasons.

Ethan Embry/Coyote is doing the best he can with that body of his. Damn.

June Diane Raphael is still the best part of the show (after the leads of course).

When Bud told Frankie she couldn't watch their daughter alone it broke my heart but he was right.

The kids manipulating their parents into moving into a retirement home was bullshit. They were simply doing it because it was easier for them and not what was best for their parents. As someone else said they could have easily gotten a live in nurse with Sol and Robert's financial assistance. (Since it seems like Coyote/Mallory and now Brianna are all having financial issues. Although I still have no clue what Bud does but he seems okay.) Frankie & Grace proved they could be okay with living with someone else thanks to Kudrow's character.

The contractor scam could have happened with quite a few people. The stupid thing was leaving them in the house alone. If someone is in my home fixing something I'm there too, even if I'm in another room and even then I'd check in.

Also it was weird that Lisa appeared for a couple of episodes then disappeared completely. They could have at least had her pop in one more time since she was such good friends with Grace.

Finally I think it's pretty obvious that Nick bought the house. He'll probably fix it up and then feel like he can drop in on the ladies whenever he wants. They said multiple times he is younger than them. He can keep an eye on them and be with Grace. Problem solved.

by Anonymousreply 144January 23, 2018 10:02 AM

Pretty fucked up for NetFlix to use this to promote the show GRACE AND FRANKIE!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 145January 25, 2018 2:08 AM

Use WHAT, r145.

by Anonymousreply 146January 25, 2018 5:32 PM

A pic of Frankie and Peter Gallagher?

by Anonymousreply 147January 25, 2018 6:41 PM

Probably complaining that there's no Frankie in the pic.

by Anonymousreply 148January 25, 2018 9:28 PM

Whoever the people are who do the set design and wardrobe for G&F they really do seem to like the color teal. And now I'm on a teal kick and just bought myself a lovely teal handbag.

And even if the storyline stunk I would still watch the show for wardrobe and design fun.

I also like the wallpaper going up the stairs in G&F's beach house.

by Anonymousreply 149January 26, 2018 1:02 AM

The show is about Grace and Frankie, not Grace and whatever pos boyfriend they give her to appeal to straights. The character tried to steal her idea last season, and now he is some good guy? Fuck that shit!

by Anonymousreply 150January 26, 2018 2:04 PM

I love Peter Gallagher so I don't give a shit.

by Anonymousreply 151January 28, 2018 1:06 AM

[quote]Their kids think they are helpless. Isn't that typical? The kids are way too young for those parents though.

I have thought this since season 1. I chalked it up that Robert and Grace waited awhile to have kids and that's why both daughters look too young for them. Also, with Sol and Frankie they had to adopt which can take years to get infants.

by Anonymousreply 152January 28, 2018 2:06 PM

Keep in mind Grace and Frankie are about 69-70 when the show begins, they’re a bit younger than Jane and Lily. Grace ran a large company so it’s not impossible that she would have waited until her mid-late 30s to have kids.

by Anonymousreply 153January 28, 2018 2:23 PM

[quote]I also like the wallpaper going up the stairs in G&F's beach house.

God, I love you bitches on DL.

by Anonymousreply 154January 28, 2018 5:07 PM

Season 4 is hysterical and the best one of all. Love Jane's outfits. You can tell they are all having fun doing this. Bring on season 5.!!

by Anonymousreply 155January 28, 2018 9:02 PM

Yeah, I can't wait for Robert and Sol to get to fuck a young hot guy while the women get treated like shit again!

by Anonymousreply 156January 29, 2018 10:56 AM

[quote] Can someone under forty watch this? It seems like this was made for The Depends crowd.

The show is a hit with young people.

by Anonymousreply 157January 29, 2018 12:37 PM

NOW they're coming to terms with age???? Bitches be 120 yo!!

by Anonymousreply 158January 29, 2018 12:40 PM

They need to get Dolly. Best show on Netflix.

by Anonymousreply 159January 29, 2018 12:47 PM

The women are the ones getting fucked over by age and the other characters on the show. The guys are doing just fine even though they are the same age. I fucking hate this show now.

by Anonymousreply 160January 29, 2018 6:06 PM

[bold]‘Grace And Frankie’ Renewed For Season 5 On Netflix; RuPaul To Guest Star[/bold]

[quote]Less than a month after Season 4 of Grace and Frankie went live on Netflix, the streamer has ordered another go-round for 2019. The official greenlight comes a week-plus after production began on the new season.

[quote]The acclaimed comedy will have a new character: RuPaul is set to guest as Benjamin Le Day, a formidable and quick-witted adversary who faces off with Grace and Frankie.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 161February 15, 2018 3:02 PM

I binged watched about 6 episodes yesterday/last night. It was good to watch anything that wasn't about the horrible school shooting.

Jane and Lilly are fantastic in their scenes together. I also really like Jane and new boyfriend Nick. The scenes with their freinds of a same age are good. But Sol and Robert still don't ring true. And none of the kids are at all interesting. Jane Fonda has been so good this season.

by Anonymousreply 162February 15, 2018 3:33 PM

"ABW" = Anyone But Waterston

by Anonymousreply 163February 15, 2018 5:59 PM

I hope they stop fucking with us lesbians in season 5. Get them together or at least give one of them a girlfriend. I HATE they have made the idea of them being with women a joke.

by Anonymousreply 164March 1, 2018 2:34 AM

I think Dan Savage and Terry Miller should write the guys storyline for season 5. They characters are already are exploring monogamish Behavior, they could give them a 20 year old boyfriend and introduce them to leather

by Anonymousreply 165March 1, 2018 2:48 AM

I look like Robert, wanna blow Coyote, and wish Brianna was my hag.

by Anonymousreply 166March 26, 2018 1:43 AM

The show is the epitome of easy watching. I agree Lilys character grated for me more than any other. Fonda has greatly improved since season 1 and she is great in the role.

by Anonymousreply 167March 26, 2018 4:10 AM

Great!

by Anonymousreply 168March 26, 2018 5:21 AM

This thread has everything!

*The deranged/obsessed lesbian troll flicking her pickle to shipping fantasies about the two leads. Had to finally block her; sure enough--most of the posts were the same person. Guess what? Even as a gay myself, possibly especially as a gay, I DON'T want every set of same sex friends with chemistry to suddenly be gay. It is incredibly patronizing, and assumes that two men or two women can't just be good, strong friends without it being sexual/romantic. It also seems to reinforce the idea that homosexuality is simply whimsy and can be turned on and off based on "the right person coming along." So cut it out.

*The paleolithic fossil complaining about "Hanoi Jane." Really, gramps? Don't you have some Breitbart-like site to jack your pathetically small, erectile-challenged vienna sausage to? Jesus. Hanoi Jane. Just...wow. It is 2018. Find a new theme.

*The poster constantly repeating himself that the show isn't funny, is boring, blahblahblah. Then just don't watch it. And why are you even in this thread? I am bored to tears by soaps, reality TV, and Tony/Broadway threads started by New Yorkers who think they are the center of the universe. So I stay out of those threads altogether. Problem solved!

I am loving this season. One bitchy question, though. I love Brianna and would be thrilled to have her as my fag hag. But...she is looking a bit more....full-figured this season. Is she pregnant? Has she always been this way and I just missed it? Not knocking her too hard as I really enjoy the character. Just curious.

Bring on season 5, and hell yes. Bring in Dolly!

by Anonymousreply 169April 11, 2018 7:37 PM

R136 No, lots of young people like it. In fact, it was my 21 year old college student niece who recommended it. I love the show, but also have a few issues. First, Lily Tomlin's false teeth drive me to distraction. You can hear them when she speaks, especially the letter T. (I realize she is 80 and can't help it, but still, it drives me nuts.) Also Sam Waterston R35, over-acts being an effeminate gay man so badly, it's almost as if he is autistic, instead of gay.

by Anonymousreply 170April 11, 2018 8:12 PM

Just finished, and that ending was a tad depressing. But yes; I assume Nick bought the place foe them. It is pretty obvious, given just minutes before he told Grace explicitly that he would buy the retirement home and move in next to her. I am sure they will reveal it quickly next season, but for now they wanted to keep it as a cliffhanger.

And the hottie with those two grampas. Hilarious. Are any of the writers/producers gay? Do they even know any gay men? I am only 43, still in reasonably good shape, have all my teeth and hair, and am above average looking, and I still couldn't get a guy like that unless I paid him. No way would a guy like that pursue a couple of saggy, flabby, wrinkly old fossils like that. At least not one as balanced as this guy seems to be. Maybe a strung out druggie who needed them as sugar daddies, but not the kind of guy they have portrayed Roy to be. Just laughable.

by Anonymousreply 171April 11, 2018 9:40 PM

Bump.

by Anonymousreply 172April 12, 2018 9:37 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!