Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Richard spencer

The twink from prince and the showgirl I watched it on a flight from LA to London and thought he was utterly adorable! Whatever did happen to him? Was/is he gay? He seemed it in the movie....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17January 18, 2018 10:18 PM

Its Jeremy Spencer actually. Part English with Sri Lanka ancestry. Child actor in 50s in England - but vanished without trace and current whereabouts unknown. Odd after that good role with Monroe and Olivier in THE PRINCE AND THE SHOWGIRL - he also played the part on stage in Rattigan's play, and has a scene with Katharine Hepburn in SUMMERTIME in 1955, and is the young man stalking Vivien Leigh in THE ROMAN SPRING OF MRS STONE, and in several other films. One would presume he was gay ....

by Anonymousreply 1June 8, 2017 10:09 AM

It's strange... but he is the only living cast member from prince right? 😶

by Anonymousreply 2June 8, 2017 10:17 AM

Unfortunate name.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3June 8, 2017 10:19 AM

If still alive ....

by Anonymousreply 4June 8, 2017 10:19 AM

He is acording to Wikipedia he's 73... god I'm not sure if I want to see him actually I'd rather remember this

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5June 8, 2017 10:41 AM

He was actually really cute...

by Anonymousreply 6June 8, 2017 12:14 PM

After scouring the internet I've come up short... He is alive acording to IMDB But his public life just well ends after 1968 He went full Greta Garbo

by Anonymousreply 7June 8, 2017 1:37 PM

R5

I knew he had to be older than 73 as PRINCE AND THE SHOWGIRL was made in '56 and he was definitely older than 12 in the film so I looked it up. Jeremy Spencer will turn 80 next month.

by Anonymousreply 8June 8, 2017 2:23 PM

He was 19 in prince and the showgirl? I would've guessed 15/16 R8

by Anonymousreply 9June 8, 2017 2:58 PM

Very... twinky

by Anonymousreply 10June 9, 2017 9:10 PM

I just watched Prince. Terrible movie. But Jeremy stood out! I've been online trying to find out more about him but he's a mystery!

I ran across this message forum where somebody mentions he plays chess with Jeremy. But this was over 12 years ago.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11January 18, 2018 5:25 AM

I think he had a brother who was openly gay and was also an actor. So he acted with MM in a film version of a play that had starred Leigh, who was in Spring, in which JS appeared (but not in frame with VL). He was beautiful.

by Anonymousreply 12January 18, 2018 5:32 AM

Re: THE ROMAN SPRING OF MRS. STONE - I think this is one of those cases where the remake is actually better (?)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13January 18, 2018 5:40 AM

Interesting . I know a Brit who is extremely handsome with the same genetics . Blonde British mother and Dutch/Sri Lankan father . Took me forever to guess his genetics as I thought definitely Italian or Spanish or something . Killer combo .

by Anonymousreply 14January 18, 2018 10:56 AM

And his name is spelled JEREMY SPENSER, btw.

by Anonymousreply 15January 18, 2018 3:25 PM

He made his film debut at 11 in Anna Karenina ,1948, with Vivien Leigh.

by Anonymousreply 16January 18, 2018 6:11 PM

Real name was De Sarem.

His brother was a precious queen.

The Brits liked the Ceylonese as a colony. Aesthetic old British queens from the 1950s would say that the Ceylonese men were the most beautiful from the continent of Asia. (I don't know how they can generalise like that)

by Anonymousreply 17January 18, 2018 10:18 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!