Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

I wish this DLer wouldn't wash his Westies so much.

you're only supposed to wash them once a month - twice at most.

There was this one Thai twink I 'spoke to' on Facebook who kept posting photos of his Westie taking a bath and he said he washed her EVERY day. I told him to stop it! They may look cute very white but it's SO bad for them.

How can people be so ignorant?

How often do you wash your dog?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26June 21, 2018 8:56 AM

I trained my dogs to come inside my walk-in shower with me … they love it.

by Anonymousreply 1June 4, 2017 8:52 PM

R1 is a disgusting pervert.

by Anonymousreply 2June 4, 2017 9:07 PM

Where is this written in stone, OP?

You sound like those idiot cat owners that say,"You're NEVER supposed to wash a cat. They clean themselves". Yeah, uh huh. They "wash" themselves with their protein-laden saliva, one of the most potent allergens there is. Which makes for a houseful of dander-no thanks. Tell ya' what..for all of you that believe that shit, and are lucky enough not to suffer from allergies..let me empty a vacuum cleaner bag into your eyes, then let me rub it in real good with a brass brush. When the whites of your eyes are so inflamed that you are effectively blind, we'll talk. That's how bad it can be.

One of my best pals, a certified Georgia cracker and a neatness fanatic, washes his long-haired marmalade cat every week. It's the only cat I can be around without any allergic symptoms at all. What a pleasure. Dogs aren't quite so bad, but their licking themselves effectively coats their hair/fur in allergens, just as a cat does. Regular washing, in addition to the elimination of odors and the bonding experience, makes life with your pet much more enjoyable.

You people that won't wash your pets-do you wear your underwear until the skid marks show on the outside? Just askin'.

by Anonymousreply 3June 4, 2017 9:09 PM

[quote]You people that won't wash your pets-do you wear your underwear until the skid marks show on the outside? Just asking'.

I didn't say NEVER you freak.

by Anonymousreply 4June 4, 2017 9:11 PM

My cat is 7 and I've never bathed him. I do brush him 1-2x a week. He never smells bad. Cat's don't get stinky like dogs.

by Anonymousreply 5June 4, 2017 9:14 PM

.....or men.

by Anonymousreply 6June 4, 2017 9:15 PM

I bathe my Shih-Tzu once a week or so, depending on how dirty she gets. Sometimes it's just a paw bath and face wash, other times it's a full bath with conditioner. She doesn't like it, but I can't stand a smelly dog with dirty feet. What's funny is that she loves to go for a walk in the rain and get filthy dirty, even rolling on the ground to pick up as much mud as possible.

by Anonymousreply 7June 4, 2017 9:32 PM

My first thought watching this was "Christ this is one lonely queen", then I saw the corpse of his dead boyfriend in one of the shots.

by Anonymousreply 8June 4, 2017 9:33 PM

There's a BF in one of his other videos, but he seems to be more interested in his dogs.

by Anonymousreply 9June 4, 2017 9:35 PM

You're very controlling, aren't you, OP? I imagine you're very unpleasant to be around. Do you have friends or are you one of those animal owners who thinks having friends (and having a job or leaving the house) is "cruel" to your pets?

by Anonymousreply 10June 4, 2017 9:36 PM

[quote] I imagine you're very unpleasant to be around.

I imagine you are, darling. You sound AWFUL.

by Anonymousreply 11June 4, 2017 9:38 PM

It used to be that you only bathe your dog once a month or whenever necessary so that you don't dry out your pet's skin. However, there are now plenty of gentle shampoos and conditioners that moisturize the skin. So bathe your pet as often as you want.

by Anonymousreply 12June 4, 2017 9:45 PM

[quote] She doesn't like it, but I can't stand a smelly dog with dirty feet. What's funny is that she loves to go for a walk in the rain and get filthy dirty, even rolling on the ground to pick up as much mud as possible.

Why's that funny? She's a dog!

by Anonymousreply 13November 15, 2017 2:48 PM

I gotta wash my puffball he smells like doritos in a weeks time

by Anonymousreply 14November 15, 2017 9:04 PM

[quote]What's funny is that she loves to go for a walk in the rain and get filthy dirty, even rolling on the ground to pick up as much mud as possible.

Normal dog behavior.

by Anonymousreply 15June 21, 2018 1:34 AM

I don't have a dog but growing up my parents had miniature schnauzers, two, at separate times, and we would bathe them every few months, or more if we had their fur cut. They did not get bathed in the cold winter months, and we would wipe their paws and faces off if they were dirty, like if we walked them while it was raining or had just rained and they got mud on their paws but nowhere else.

by Anonymousreply 16June 21, 2018 1:40 AM

Westies and Scotties have a very distinct "dirty" smell that I really don't like.

If you don't wash them regularly, your house will reek of it.

I'm all for washing them every week, or even more.

by Anonymousreply 17June 21, 2018 1:43 AM

Longhaired dogs get filthy dirty. Lather, rinse, repeat.

by Anonymousreply 18June 21, 2018 1:44 AM

If the dog hates baths and you bathe it every week, isn’t the dog an anxious, miserable mess?

by Anonymousreply 19June 21, 2018 1:48 AM

I thought Westies were the cutest dog. Now R17 says they stink.

by Anonymousreply 20June 21, 2018 2:55 AM

R20, they don't stink and are cute, but the white fur can pick up dirt or get discolored. I never owned one but my friend did.

by Anonymousreply 21June 21, 2018 3:00 AM

I believe you, R21. I will admire them from afar.

by Anonymousreply 22June 21, 2018 3:16 AM

I lived in a building where a Shi Tsu or a Lhasa Apso was in love with me. And he was a very nice dog. But he was always wet and dirty, so I never wanted to touch him. I so prefer a shorthaired dog. They're so much easier to simply rinse off.

by Anonymousreply 23June 21, 2018 8:16 AM

My Persian cat has adopted the Maltipoo and cleans her up daily. The cat is a male. I try to wash the dog weekly but she’s never around when I turn on the shower.

by Anonymousreply 24June 21, 2018 8:28 AM

Muriel, can you please delete r1 and r2 ASAP, so all can hail the real r1?

by Anonymousreply 25June 21, 2018 8:33 AM

Miss Priss @ R17 - they do not smell. We've had several...and they do not need to be constantly bathed. It's not healthy. Prissy people like you should probably not have dogs at all. Maybe those horrid Paris Hilton dogs...but nothing else

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26June 21, 2018 8:56 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!