Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Okay... It's Time For An Intervention: Joy Reid's Hair...

Now, don't get me wrong, because I DO love me some Joy, but every since someone brought up her horrible wigs at the the Beauty Parlor, I have had a very hard time concentrating on what she says because my eyes and attention are drawn to what is sitting on top of her head. I'm a supporter of wigs and weaves...when done right, but girlfriend's stuff is missing the mark!

Our sistah needs some help! We need her more than ever now but we also need her to come correct!

C'mon gays! We've got this! We know what to do, where to go, and how to make it work! Let's help our gurl with some "must do's" and other tips. We get get hair right and on point she will slay the world!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50October 12, 2019 7:24 PM

That was actually one that I didn't think was that bad. She has a high forehead and sometimes the wigs look unbalanced - too much hair on one side, practically none on the other. But, maybe that's what she's going for and I'm just not seeing it.

She used to just go natural and wear her hair super short. Maybe the powers that be at MSNBC have suggested the wigs or maybe she just likes to change things up. I'd love to see her just once wear a Wendy Williams style wig with luxurious long locks.

by Anonymousreply 1June 3, 2017 4:02 PM

I'm not a stylist but I don't think that "black" hair could take all of the daily styling that she requires because she is on television. She's ALWAYS on camera. I've wondered how her family handles her heavy work schedule. In my opinion, Joy needs something better than Wendy Williams. Wendy is very "hit and miss".

by Anonymousreply 2June 3, 2017 4:08 PM

Agree. I love Joy's show but the wigs have to go. I 'd rather see her in a gypsy head scarf.

by Anonymousreply 3June 3, 2017 4:53 PM

So many nice wigs - no idea why she wears her tired wig hat.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4June 3, 2017 5:45 PM

Her wigs are like little hair hats.

by Anonymousreply 5June 3, 2017 5:47 PM

She should do the braids

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6June 3, 2017 5:48 PM

The short curl ...always

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7June 3, 2017 5:50 PM

I simply don't picture her with long hair. Joy is not the most petite woman... I don't think braids suit her either. Her short style is great but maybe I'm having problems with the quality of her wigs.

by Anonymousreply 8June 3, 2017 5:54 PM

Pathetic self-loather and cultural appropriator

by Anonymousreply 9June 3, 2017 5:55 PM

I think that this is cute on her. It fits her face nicely and it's natural, BELIEVABLE, hair.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10June 3, 2017 6:08 PM

She also needs a bit of color to lift up her features a bit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11June 3, 2017 6:09 PM

She should go natural.

by Anonymousreply 12June 3, 2017 6:10 PM

Dude, I don't care about a woman'a hair. I'm not THAT type of guy. Besides, Joy is brilliant and a great voice for progressivism.

by Anonymousreply 13June 3, 2017 6:12 PM

Fat girl problems

by Anonymousreply 14June 3, 2017 6:13 PM

When Melitha went natural and Afrocentric stylin', she got the axe.

by Anonymousreply 15June 3, 2017 6:31 PM

This is why people think gay men are misogynistic. And racist

by Anonymousreply 16June 3, 2017 6:33 PM

It's racist & misogynistic to wear a synthetic wig to hide the natural brush underneath

by Anonymousreply 17June 3, 2017 6:34 PM

Has anyone seen her below the desk? I mean, is she wearing Mom Jeans as well??

by Anonymousreply 18June 3, 2017 6:42 PM

I like the style at r10. She could try out some quick weaves and see how they look, but I think she looks fine with the ones she has. I get why she has stopped wearing her natural hair, it gets damaged too easily with the styling they have to do to make it look nice on TV.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19June 3, 2017 7:14 PM

She's awesome. Check-out this clip of her subbing on the Lawrence O'Donnell show last night. At the 7:25 mark, guest Max Boot spells out just how Trump will fuck up America's place in the world.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20June 3, 2017 7:14 PM

Remember, Joy is Harvard girl and she's bookish and a wonk, she probably only thinks about her hair when she has to go on air. I'm sure she would prefer to go natural, but natural isn't always TV friendly.

by Anonymousreply 21June 3, 2017 7:23 PM

Meh. I've seen worse.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22June 3, 2017 7:27 PM

R19, would be an interesting style to see her wear. I think it would work for her. But, she needs to bring someone in to help her...and we're here to do that! Sometimes her makeup is too heavy or shiny given the lights and some of her on-air outfits are just NOT television friendly. Like R21 noted, she couldn't care less but it's important. Anyone else remember the mess Andrea Mitchell was until she brought in somebody or... she married money?

by Anonymousreply 23June 3, 2017 7:28 PM

She's fierce. She should look fierce.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24June 4, 2017 8:43 PM

Another vote for either R7 or R10. Short hair on her is really cute.

by Anonymousreply 25June 4, 2017 8:59 PM

Tamron Hall actually wore a pixie wig most of the time. Joy Reid needs to hit her up and ask her wear she got those wigs. They looked real.

by Anonymousreply 26June 4, 2017 9:02 PM

Joy-Ann Talks way too fast. Honey, AM Joy is first thing in the morning.

by Anonymousreply 27June 4, 2017 9:14 PM

She be trying to wake you up hunty

by Anonymousreply 28June 4, 2017 9:20 PM

I've been watching MSNBC much more lately and I love Joy but have been too distracted by her wigs as well. I vote for #10 full time (or the similar one that has a little red in it). Joy, if you're reading--stop changing your wigs all the time. Andrea M. NEVER changes her hair and she looks GREAT, no (actually, not so bad for 71 or whatever she is).

by Anonymousreply 29June 4, 2017 9:33 PM

Gurrrl! You think Andrea doesn't wear a wig, or t the very least some extensions? Yu know she does. And another one who has suddenly fuller hair: Stephanie Ruhle. And she sure likes to flounce and toss her hair. Sure does. Now, Joy ann needs to ditch the helmets and I go with # 10. Now, we need an alternative and I personally think she would look very attractive with long braided extensions. Afro-centric? Yes, but she's look really good too. Joy is large. She needs to celebrate it and looking striking. Braids would do that for her.

by Anonymousreply 30June 4, 2017 9:38 PM

She has had a much longer weave length wise for the past week or two.

by Anonymousreply 31June 4, 2017 10:05 PM

She should just cut it all off

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32June 4, 2017 10:08 PM

It look like JOY is rocking a "27 piece" - a weave kit you buy and then kind of CREATE a wig hat on your head! See instructional YOUTUBE video below for details.

A 27 Piece is called a 27 piece because it has 27 tracks of hair that you glue to either your head or wigcap.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33June 4, 2017 10:21 PM

She might be following in the footsteps of trailblazing news veteran Lesley Stahl, who is the O.G. of newswoman wigs

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34June 4, 2017 10:32 PM

Honestly, I believe that is her real hair and I know that is not easy. But when I look at it this morning, I do not think this is a wig.

by Anonymousreply 35June 10, 2017 3:27 PM

When you say she's "large" do you mean fat? I've never seen a full body shot.

by Anonymousreply 36June 10, 2017 3:37 PM

r35 thats not her real hair today, but it looks good

by Anonymousreply 37June 10, 2017 3:51 PM

This was posted on her FB page March 4 of this year. Maybe she gets bad camera angles?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38June 13, 2017 4:38 PM

I think her real hair is very cute!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39August 20, 2017 2:11 PM

Nothing like a bunch of flyovers with comb overs criticizing someone else's hairdo.

Joy looks great.

by Anonymousreply 40August 20, 2017 2:14 PM

Her hair is fine.

It's the extra large dome that is distracting.

by Anonymousreply 41August 20, 2017 2:36 PM

I am ASTONISHED by the horrible wigs worn by male representatives of politicians/ spokespersons/surrogates/ on tv. Can't they afford better?

Newt Gingrich, Manafort, Painter, Rand Paul, Joe Scarborough, Tom DeLay (oldie). I don't know the names of most of the pundits/surrogates. I should find this thread and post their names whenever I see one on TV. It's both sides - democrat and Republican. It's become a plague.

Just get hair plugs like Biden and Schumer did. We already know you're bald with your dumb wig, so get plugs and be out in the open about it.

by Anonymousreply 42August 20, 2017 2:51 PM

That hair is talking white and it's RACIST

by Anonymousreply 43August 20, 2017 3:15 PM

Have you looked at it lately? She has tiny braids in the back and large braids coiled over the top of her hat like a jaunty beret. I don't like it but it's her business and I appreciate that it affirms her racial identity.

by Anonymousreply 44October 12, 2019 2:27 PM

Didn't she write shitty homophobic things on her blog? Her hair is the least of DL's problems with her.

by Anonymousreply 45October 12, 2019 2:35 PM

Joy is working some Aretha from 1966 wigs.

by Anonymousreply 46October 12, 2019 2:37 PM

The super long hair with the braids wrapped around her forehead for days is something she will regret someday soon. Why doesn't anyone care enough about her to tell her how bad she looks?

by Anonymousreply 47October 12, 2019 2:38 PM

Stop saying "Love me some (noun)."

by Anonymousreply 48October 12, 2019 2:39 PM

[quote]The super long hair with the braids wrapped around her forehead for days is something she will regret someday soon.

Is this a threat?

by Anonymousreply 49October 12, 2019 2:42 PM

No R49 ! She will look back at photos and videos of herself and be mortified at how bad she looked. Her kids will show them off at parties just to make fun of her.

That sort of thing.

by Anonymousreply 50October 12, 2019 7:24 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!