Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

María Félix

Great star of the Golden Age of Mexican cinema.

Blindingly glamorous, maniacally egotistical, and supremely photogenic.

Anyone on DL a fan?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 139December 6, 2019 11:30 AM

A nice overview from wiki

OP's wind in hair thing was big among Romance Language filmmakers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1May 28, 2017 3:59 PM

In addition to acting, she was peerless in wearing jewelry and smoking.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2May 28, 2017 4:02 PM

I remember Thalia being awkwardly at her grave.

by Anonymousreply 3May 28, 2017 4:03 PM

La Doña. Grand divas have to have grand jewelry, and Felix doesn't disappoint. By Cartier.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4May 28, 2017 4:05 PM

That floozy and cunt Kim Kardashian stole her style from her. All of it. Cultural appropriation at its worst.

by Anonymousreply 5May 28, 2017 4:07 PM

¡PUTA!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6May 28, 2017 4:11 PM

My favorite of her pictures has a title DL can easily relate to: THE KNEELING GODDESS (1947).

Her only film in English is BEYOND ALL LIMITS (1958), in which Jack Palance was her leading man.

If her films were more widely available and subtitled she'd be better known in North America

by Anonymousreply 7May 28, 2017 4:13 PM

Beyond All Limits is a gorgeous film.

Is this the only one she did in English?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8May 28, 2017 4:22 PM

Elvira Quintana was beautiful too. She died at 33 of multiple health problems after getting a primitive boob job with silicone injections.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9May 28, 2017 4:41 PM

I recall reading somewhere that Bette Davis made sexual advances toward her.

MF apparently didn't go for it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10May 28, 2017 4:53 PM

Thalia paying her respects at the funeral, praying in vain that Marimar would not be the cornerstone of her career.

I recall Salma Hayek there as well.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11May 28, 2017 4:55 PM

gorgeous

by Anonymousreply 12May 28, 2017 4:57 PM

Maria Felix music video.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13May 28, 2017 5:00 PM

That video is a riot.

She was a fucking STAR.

by Anonymousreply 14May 28, 2017 5:13 PM

She did films in France for a while as well.

Here she is putting that cigarette-flavored voice to use singing in French on a talk show where everyone sits on gilded thrones.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15May 28, 2017 5:26 PM

Every time I see Thalia, I think of Dobie Gillis and the beautiful but money hungry Thalia Menninger

by Anonymousreply 16May 28, 2017 7:29 PM

She usually looked like a million bucks on screen thanks to the genius cinematographer Gabriel Figueroa.

by Anonymousreply 17May 28, 2017 7:35 PM

^Gabriel Figueroa gets cited in the link at r8.

What are some of his best-known films?

by Anonymousreply 18May 28, 2017 7:53 PM

The collapse of Mexican cinema is one of the most fascinating things in the history of the world film industry. It never recovered. To go from Maria Felix and beautiful Dolores Rios to Telenovela actresses ?? Dolores is rolling in her grave !

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19May 28, 2017 8:13 PM

Figueroa's genius is at its greatest in THE PEARL (46), THE FUGITIVE (47), LOS OLVIDADOS (50), and THE EXTERMINATING ANGEL (62).

The LA County Museum of Art's exhibition (2014) catalogue is available for your coffee table.

by Anonymousreply 20May 28, 2017 8:13 PM

Dolores seems to be channeling her rival Maria as the bitchy twin in LA OTRA (46), whereas the mousy twin is very much DDR's own persona.

by Anonymousreply 21May 28, 2017 8:17 PM

Horrible music but another Maria Felix compilation that suggests she was the Joan Crawford of Mexican cinema - she's doing lots of shooting and bitch-slapping.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22May 28, 2017 8:20 PM

[quote]I recall reading somewhere that Bette Davis made sexual advances toward her.

Bette was too vanilla for Maria. Both Dolores Del Rio and Maria Felix had affairs with Frida Kahlo, Chavela Vargas, and Georgia O'Keeffe.

It appears the Lez back then had better standards than today...

by Anonymousreply 23May 28, 2017 8:21 PM

Where did her jewels end up? She owned a huge Ashoka diamond that she sold for a million bucks in 1984.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24May 28, 2017 8:22 PM

OK I googled a bit. It seems Cartier bought some back for their museum?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25May 28, 2017 8:25 PM

My grand uncle worked in the 1950's film "Abajo El Telon" and apparently Maria came to set, watched this girl perform, and then took her home.

Maria was not even part of the film.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26May 28, 2017 8:49 PM

^ At about 1:45, I can see why Felix had to have her. That gradual but urgent resurgence was hot as fuck.

by Anonymousreply 27May 28, 2017 9:02 PM

R21, speaking of Dolores Del Río -

Another actress from the era, Columba Domínguez, has plenty to say about both MF and DDL. Nothing good about the former, but she respected the latter, even though Dolores delivered an onscreen slap that must have still been stinging decades later.

Interview in Spanish is here, but you don't need any Spanish to appreciate the wallop that comes in the clip at about 1:40, which would rival and perhaps best the Joan Crawford staircase slap I've seen on DL numerous times.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28May 28, 2017 9:13 PM

Chavela Vargas does not have much good to say about María Félix either.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29May 28, 2017 9:56 PM

Chavela would know... She fucked half of the entertainment industry ??

by Anonymousreply 30May 28, 2017 10:46 PM

Wow! La Malquerida is a film I saw many years ago on TV in Puerto Rico while visiting my grandmother. I was mesmerized by it and being that I love Classic Hollywood films , it didn't take much to hook me. That is a pparently a 3 part video interview. She said that the 3 actresses did actually make a film together. .

by Anonymousreply 31May 28, 2017 11:29 PM

Why did the Mexican film industry collapse?

by Anonymousreply 32May 28, 2017 11:49 PM

Dolores del Río and María Félix were in La Cucaracha as nemeses in 1959.

Del Río is in her mid-50s here and still has a classic beauty. She holds her own on the screen against the more mercurial Félix with an inner calm.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33May 29, 2017 2:13 AM

^ Good scene together at 4:50.

by Anonymousreply 34May 29, 2017 2:16 AM

She loved pearls and knew how to finger them.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35May 29, 2017 3:48 PM

Note: the odd number of strands -- as is proper in the Western Hemisphere

by Anonymousreply 36May 29, 2017 4:08 PM

R32 - many great, national film industries collapsed. My lefty film professor taught us that it was Hollywood capitalists fighting hard and dirty all over the world for market share. Happened over a few decades.

by Anonymousreply 37May 29, 2017 4:23 PM

Ego supreme!

Love her - from a safe distance.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38May 29, 2017 4:33 PM

I doubt that Chavela and Felix were lovers, they were both too Butch and too queen bee-ish.

by Anonymousreply 39May 29, 2017 4:36 PM

Thanks r37

by Anonymousreply 40May 29, 2017 5:02 PM

R40, you are far too easily sated.

We need a real explanation for the decline of the Edad de Oro in Mexican cinema.

by Anonymousreply 41May 29, 2017 6:13 PM

I never "lady-spreaded" in my many artistic portraits. The Mexican puta who imitated me did not know any better, so I can not be too critical.

by Anonymousreply 42May 29, 2017 6:59 PM

Juan Gabriel serenades María Félix while she relentlessly upstages him with her reactions, ranging from pensive to piqued.

At around 1:49, she licks her lips aggressivly and reveals something not quite nameable but essential about her persona.

Also, Juan Gabriel looks really cute here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43May 30, 2017 12:04 AM

She sang very occasionally.

She can't carry a tune, but I could imagine her having more of a nightclub act with more opportunity for Sprechgesang like Marlene Dietrich did.

She needs something considerably less challenging than this tango, though I think she is performing here closer to the end of her life, so I cut her some slack for being in her eighties.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44May 30, 2017 12:25 AM

La Devoradora.

Pablo is really handsome.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45May 30, 2017 12:01 PM

She was married four times. Like Cary Grant.

by Anonymousreply 46May 30, 2017 3:19 PM

The arched eyebrow is intense even though a net.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47May 30, 2017 10:57 PM

Many great quotes that are true to her essence.

"Better to inspire envy than pity."

And to a journalist who asked about her sexuality: "If all men were as ugly as you, of course I'd be a lesbian."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48May 31, 2017 12:44 AM

A study in understatement.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49May 31, 2017 12:56 AM

Love the quotes. She was more Talulah than Dietrich- fast with a quip, especially one that would leave men shut down, hat in hand, tail between legs.

by Anonymousreply 50May 31, 2017 2:37 AM

"Flowers! I hate flowers! They last one day but you have to spend the rest of your life being thankful for them."

by Anonymousreply 51May 31, 2017 2:44 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52May 31, 2017 11:54 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53May 31, 2017 12:01 PM

Pretty thorough blog post in Spanish just about her jewelry.

Great photos.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54May 31, 2017 12:18 PM

"Do not feel bad if someone rejects you, people usually reject the costly because they can not afford it"

"Money is not happiness, but it's always better to cry in a Ferrari ..."

"An original woman is not one who imitates no one, but one that no one can imitate"

"Do not give me advice, I can make mistakes alone"

by Anonymousreply 55May 31, 2017 3:33 PM

Never heard of her.

I don't know her 🤔

by Anonymousreply 56May 31, 2017 4:17 PM

My God, she was a fierce, fabulous, stunning bitch.

No one like her ever and never will be.

I'll admit to loving her Tizoc movie.

It was heartbreaking. Pedro was magnificent in it as well.

She didn't have any descendants, did she? Her son was beyond fey. Great actor in his own right, though.

by Anonymousreply 57May 31, 2017 5:42 PM

She left her estate to two gay men and an ex in France.

by Anonymousreply 58May 31, 2017 5:46 PM

Vivat.

by Anonymousreply 59May 31, 2017 6:35 PM

I loved that super-arched brow.

Made her look even more calculating and made you think she was assessing you and finding you seriously lacking.

by Anonymousreply 60June 1, 2017 4:26 AM

Her son Enrique Álvarez Félix was married to a man, as Julissa (a famous actress from the 70's) went on to say.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61June 1, 2017 4:48 AM

Neither María Félix nor Dolores del Río in their prime could hold a candle to my exquisite beauty.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62June 1, 2017 5:27 AM

Miroslava was the true beauty of Mexico's Golden Age Cinema.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63June 1, 2017 5:35 AM

And her husband beded half of the Mexican and Spanish Toreros.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64June 1, 2017 5:38 AM

Miroslava and Antonhy Quinn, she really was beautiful.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65June 1, 2017 5:47 AM

Miroslava's reel

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66June 1, 2017 5:55 AM

I find Felix to be a female equivalent of macho men. A lot of swagger, but not much nuance. Almost a self caricature. But she was good looking

Miroslava committed suicide at 30.

by Anonymousreply 67June 1, 2017 9:58 AM

Everyone talks about the women of the Golden Age of Mexico but the men were also quite good.

Julio Aleman in the horror movie El Escapulario is a fine example. The scene (which I cannot find anywhere) of death riding on a horse is quite suspenseful even today.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 68June 1, 2017 11:04 AM

Pedro Infante as a carpenter . I loved his voice.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69June 1, 2017 11:10 AM

Sarita Montiel was more of a gay fever dream than even María Félix.

Pedro Almodóvar's Mala Educación is a great film, and the worship of Montiel's surreal glamor as a means of escapism and deceit is key in the story.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70June 1, 2017 11:21 AM

Sara Montiel kept going even into the disco era.

She recorded a few songs in English, including this stab at imitating Donna Summer's Love to Love You Baby or perhaps Bardot/Birkin's Je t'aime...moi non plus.

The use of green screen is quite stunning - or startling - at times in this video.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71June 1, 2017 11:31 AM

Maria Felix tried so hard to imitate Sara Montiel but she failed miserably.

by Anonymousreply 72June 1, 2017 11:42 AM

MF was never a great actress; she was a great star. On the screen, she might be most comparable to Joan Crawford for Classic Hollywood, though she was thankfully less rigid than than JC.

I don't see MF as an imitation of Sara Montiel at all.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73June 1, 2017 11:48 AM

Maria Felix was always on. I think her public persona was really her.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74June 1, 2017 11:51 AM

[quote]Maria Felix tried so hard to imitate Sara Montiel but she failed miserably.

Err no, Maria Felix and Dolores Del Rio had they image and fame way before Sara Montiel became an actress. Actually, one of Sara's main influences was Dolores Del Rio. Sarah Montiel's fame took of when she came to Mexico in the 1950's, by the most of the female stars of the Mexican golden era were already established.

Sarita Montiel was a stunner though. There was a poise and elegance in her that was quite captivating. Once the film industry changed in Latin America she transitioned to Hollywood.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75June 1, 2017 11:53 AM

by then"

by Anonymousreply 76June 1, 2017 11:53 AM

their not they*

Christ! I need to go to bed.

by Anonymousreply 77June 1, 2017 11:54 AM

You can see Sarita Montiel in Samuel Fuller's 1957 RUN OF THE ARROW (on Turner Classic Movies and Warner Archive DVD) play a Native-American beauty. Angie Dickinson's voice comes out of her mouth.

by Anonymousreply 78June 1, 2017 1:06 PM

She's in "Serenade" which changes one of the love interests from male to female, that that, unlike the Cain story, the protagonist is no longer bi.

by Anonymousreply 79June 1, 2017 4:52 PM

Sara Montiel could sing, but she was a train wreck in real life. She ended up broke and desperate for attention, doing appearances on lowly talk shows to engage in feuds with another actress.

Maria Felix would never have climbed down from her pedestal. And she had the jewelry to keep her solvent if need arose.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80June 1, 2017 9:34 PM

Pedro Infante will forever be my one and only in Mexican cinema.

No one has EVER come close to his level of talent, both as a singer and as an actor.

He worked with Maria, Dolores and Sarita as well, I believe.

by Anonymousreply 81June 1, 2017 9:47 PM

For another Spanish version of La Vie en Rose, look no further than Thalia, who takes a five-minute shit all over the classic - while cavorting like a sex kitten with a homosexual harlequin and a creepy music box doll.

This was on Siempre en Domingo, which was absolute shit that made Sábado Gigante look brilliant by comparison.

And back to María Félix: The ancient host of Siempre en Domingo called Thalia out after her appearance/performance at MF's funeral, saying she was only there for publicity like on a red carpet. He didn't think Salma Hayek had any business being there either.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82June 1, 2017 9:56 PM

^ Comments on the funeral attendance.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83June 1, 2017 10:03 PM

This article disputes the lack of connection between Maria Felix and Thalia. It says they met because of Thalia's friendship with the fey son, which seems totally probable.

Thalia has been buying up shit from Maria Felix's estate, including this giant portrait painted by Felix's last lover, who was a few decades younger than she was.

I guess Thalia has money to burn, so she's amassing her own collection from her idol's estate.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84June 1, 2017 10:10 PM

R71, that spoken word song is very reminscent of "Justify My Love."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85June 2, 2017 2:28 AM

Thalia is married to Tommy Mottola. He was Mariah Carey's first ex husband. So she has a shit ton of cash to burn.

by Anonymousreply 86June 2, 2017 2:53 AM

How about Silvia Pinal? Long career, including Bunuel films, and also very involved in liberal politics. Someone substantial.

I find MF humorless and insufferable.

by Anonymousreply 87June 2, 2017 2:56 AM

How beautiful is this backyard from Maria Felix's home, La Casa de Las Tortugas in Cuernavaca, Mexico. The arches are framed by azulejo tiles (blue & white).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88June 2, 2017 3:15 AM

Sara was her own worst enemy. The woman had the beauty, charisma, and talent to make it anywhere but girl had some major issues. Didn't they say she was sexually abused in Spain and that's why she headed to Mexico?

Re Golden Era

Even thought by the 60's the Golden era was long gone, there were some good films that came out during that decade. I loved "Asta El Viento Tiene Miedo" and "El Libro De Piedra."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89June 2, 2017 3:34 AM

Has anyone been to Cuernavaca?

They say it's one of the most beautiful states in MX

by Anonymousreply 90June 2, 2017 3:38 AM

Television Academy

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91June 2, 2017 3:46 AM

El Libro De Piedra

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92June 2, 2017 3:49 AM

^ Joaquín Cordero is hot as fuck. That voice...

by Anonymousreply 93June 2, 2017 1:21 PM

Silvia Pinal is still living. Her daughter is Mexican rock star Alejandra Guzmán, who I think people are far more familiar with now than her mother.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94June 2, 2017 1:33 PM

Every time I see Thalia, I think of Thalia Getty

by Anonymousreply 95June 2, 2017 3:20 PM

Pedro Infante

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 96June 3, 2017 1:34 AM

Best thread in months

by Anonymousreply 97June 3, 2017 1:52 AM

Ricardo Montalban in the 40s!

by Anonymousreply 98June 3, 2017 4:16 AM

Ricardo Montalban in "Nosotros"(1945) with Emilia Guiu. He was a skinny little goof back then lol.

I wish these films had English subtitles. It would enhance the viewing experience.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99June 3, 2017 4:43 AM

Ugh, the first two movies on R96's link have got to be the saddest, most miserable movies ever. I hardly watch them. Too fucking depressing.

ATM is comic gold, though. They forgot the Garcia movies. Those are fantastic as well. Los Tres Huastecos is also brilliant. He plays three different characters!

*sigh* I love this man.

by Anonymousreply 100June 3, 2017 5:57 AM

Cuernavaca is the capital of Morelos. Morelos is beautiful, but has turned into a play ground for people from the capital. Cuernavaca is also one of the most dangerous cities in the country now.

Loved Pinal in Viridiana. When I was living in Mexico, she used to host a show called Mujeres: casos de la vida real - every episode ended with a woman crying about how terrible her life was, then to cap it off a moral by Silvia. Serious subject matter - abuse, etc.- but, as with most Mexican media, an unmistakeable tinge of camp.

by Anonymousreply 101June 3, 2017 6:13 AM

My favotire was "Sobre Las Olas" about the famous Mexican Waltz composer Juventino Rosas. A lot of his work was stolen or credited to European composers.

Pedro could emote so many emotions with just one facial expression.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 102June 3, 2017 6:45 AM

More from the same film:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103June 3, 2017 6:53 AM

But my favorite scene of his is with Maria Felix.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 104June 3, 2017 6:55 AM

Thanks for info on Juventino Rosas, of whom I had never heard. Just listened to the waltz "Sobre Las Olas," which I "recognized" as "The Man on the Flying Trapeze." Rosas died at 26.

Thanks to the poster of "Nosotros." Ricardo=muy guapo!

by Anonymousreply 105June 3, 2017 8:15 AM

Her son is the one on the left.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106June 3, 2017 3:14 PM

The ultimate showdown.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 107June 3, 2017 8:22 PM

Those headdresses on the women are beyond beautiful, R104.

Beautiful scene.

by Anonymousreply 108June 4, 2017 4:52 AM

Does the necklace she's wearing contain a photo of herself?

How very Norma Desmonda!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 109June 4, 2017 5:08 AM

She really was the Joan Crawford of Mexico.

by Anonymousreply 110June 4, 2017 9:09 AM

The necklace has a photo of herself in on side and of the lover who gifted it on the other.

I wonder if the lover's side ever saw the light of day.

by Anonymousreply 111June 4, 2017 2:54 PM

too bad alla these stars are not more globally known. They are all stunning. And can you imagine the fights between all these glamorous, crazy latina bitches?? They would scare ISIS soldiers!

by Anonymousreply 112June 4, 2017 4:09 PM

Well they were internationally known, especially Maria Felix, not so much in the US though.

by Anonymousreply 113June 4, 2017 4:22 PM

Yeah, a lot were internationally known.

I remember watching ETonight one time and Leonard Maltin happened to mention Cantinflas!!

I had no idea He was known outside of Mexico.

by Anonymousreply 114June 4, 2017 10:39 PM

Cantinflas had a huge part in Around the World in 80 Days.

by Anonymousreply 115June 4, 2017 10:54 PM

Cantinflas did have a huge part.

by Anonymousreply 116June 4, 2017 10:58 PM

¡Bah! María era una loca, estúpida, majadera y tonta.

by Anonymousreply 117June 5, 2017 5:43 AM

Now, Columba, don't be so shy. Feel free to tell us what you REALLY thought about her!

by Anonymousreply 118June 5, 2017 6:46 AM

All Americans know Cantiflas since Robin Williams imitated him off in all his movies.

by Anonymousreply 119June 5, 2017 6:53 AM

But did Robin Williams have as big a part as Cantinflas had?

by Anonymousreply 120June 5, 2017 7:00 AM

Here's Columba Domínguez with Marilyn Monroe and El Indio Fernández.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 121June 7, 2017 3:42 AM

Las leyendas.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 122June 7, 2017 3:44 AM

Were they pals?

That photo of Marilyn was probably taken not long before she died. She had gotten so thin.

by Anonymousreply 123June 7, 2017 4:15 AM

Marilyn visited Mexico City in February 1962.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 124June 7, 2017 4:28 AM

She looks so wispy there. She must have been tiny in person at that point.

by Anonymousreply 125June 7, 2017 4:57 AM

Most Americans of a certain age know Cantinflas.

80 Days was a huge international hit and won Best Picture.

He's very entertaining and charming in it and plays wonderfully well with David Niven.

by Anonymousreply 126June 7, 2017 3:04 PM

Sort of related

Does anyone know the song "La Paloma?" Just exquisite. There's a version of it on youtube that is part of a scene from the movie "Juarez," with Bette Davis as Empress Carlotta. A google for "juarez, la paloma, film" should find it.

by Anonymousreply 127June 8, 2017 6:04 AM

R127, I love Mireille Mathieu's version.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 128June 8, 2017 7:08 AM

María Félix is the Google doodle today!

by Anonymousreply 129April 8, 2018 12:01 PM

I did it better...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 130April 8, 2018 12:06 PM

The bracelet even got gold in the b/w doodle.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 131April 8, 2018 12:21 PM

I didn’t realize that she died on her birthday. I think we had a thread at one point about matching birthday/deathday figures.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 132April 8, 2018 1:01 PM

Maria Mix.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 133April 8, 2018 4:09 PM

Oops, just saw that compilation was previously posted!

I wish Dan-0-Rama had scored that other, Color & B&W compilation . Is Dan-O-Rama even around anymore?

by Anonymousreply 134April 8, 2018 4:17 PM

Favorite Maria Felix quotes:

"Money is important in life. It does not give you happiness, we all know, but it sure calms the nerves."

"I cannot complain about men. I have had tons of them and they have treated me fabulously well. But sometimes I had to hurt them to keep them from subjugating me."

by Anonymousreply 135April 10, 2018 5:02 AM

I used to love Tere Velasquez. "Quinceanera" was one of Mexico's first teen movies. As for the collapse of Mexican cinema, I think it correlates with Mexico's collapse of culture, wealth, and government. Entering the 50s they had some pretty ruthless presidents that censored a lot of Mexican entertainment and then there was the Hollywood buy out that pretty much finished Mexican cinema for good. People forget that the Spanish immigration during the Franco years is what kept the Mexican entertainment alive, though it never recovered.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 136April 10, 2018 6:04 AM

Great thread.

by Anonymousreply 137April 10, 2018 6:13 AM

Is this Jennifer Lawrence gif inspired by the María Félix image at the OP?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 138December 5, 2019 4:07 PM

MF as Catwoman.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 139December 6, 2019 11:30 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!