Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

"Merchants of Fear" -- Leah Remini Maintains Her Fight Against Scientology

Her A&E network show was a big hit. Now she gets a 2-hour special in addition to a Season 2 for the show.

More and more people are hearing her message and learning the truth. How much longer can this "religion" hang on?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 246January 31, 2019 9:57 AM

Season 1 ranked as cable's top unscripted series among total viewers for 2016.

by Anonymousreply 1May 22, 2017 11:11 PM

I'm glad she's doing well and on the back of those freaks as well.

[quote]How much longer can this "religion" hang on?

As long as Tom's alive. Afterwards, it should spiral into irrelevance pretty quickly.

by Anonymousreply 2May 22, 2017 11:15 PM

This thread will hopefully attract the clams. They go in on this woman hard! Online only and anonymously, of course. They wouldn't dare show their faces or confront her in person.

Their online attacks are pretty entertaining.

by Anonymousreply 3May 22, 2017 11:31 PM

The two-hour special will also include a sneak peek of the upcoming 10-episode second season of the A&E docuseries, which is set to premiere this summer.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4May 27, 2017 4:33 PM

Scientology is so irrelevant now they don't even kill people anymore

by Anonymousreply 5May 27, 2017 4:37 PM

Gee, Leah-- most of us were bright enough to figure out that it was a scam without your TV show. What's your excuse?

by Anonymousreply 6May 27, 2017 4:38 PM

R6 she was raised in it, cut her some slack. At least she woke up. Many of them never do.

by Anonymousreply 7May 27, 2017 5:12 PM

She's gorgeous. I didn't realize that. Only seen her in King of Queens where she's rather dumpy.

by Anonymousreply 8May 27, 2017 5:21 PM

Unfortunately, the ones who need to see this show the most are the ones who are deeply entrenched in the cult and are not allowed to watch this type of television show. However, the show does perpetuate the belief that the religion is a hoax that sucks away members' money and treats them awfully. Hopefully this is resulting in a decreased number of new members joining the cult.

by Anonymousreply 9May 27, 2017 5:27 PM

It'll last as long as all religions last. They're all awful and if there were no tax breaks and financial swindling, they would all go the way of Zeus and Hera.

by Anonymousreply 10May 27, 2017 7:11 PM

Great show. Kudos to her for stepping up and speaking out.

by Anonymousreply 11May 27, 2017 7:57 PM

[quote]They wouldn't dare show their faces or confront her in person.

To be fair, Kirstie Alley has said she would have no problem calling her out to her face. I think she even said she would publicly debate Leah on Scientology.

by Anonymousreply 12May 27, 2017 7:59 PM

I'm not a Scientologist or religious in any way but I find the show fascinating and informative. Leah is tremendously impressive.

by Anonymousreply 13May 27, 2017 9:31 PM

Marathon of the show happening now on A&E.

The new special premieres tonight at 9 PM ET. Can't wait.

by Anonymousreply 14May 29, 2017 6:14 PM

This cunt again?

by Anonymousreply 15May 29, 2017 6:23 PM

R15/Stacey Francis

by Anonymousreply 16May 29, 2017 6:27 PM

R15 is Kirsty Alley's overworked fat cells typing.

by Anonymousreply 17May 29, 2017 6:32 PM

That lard ass isn't going to melt itself by yapping about the mean man who stole your funds, Leah

by Anonymousreply 18May 29, 2017 6:34 PM

Great show and her book was good to

by Anonymousreply 19May 29, 2017 6:36 PM

R18/R15 Zenu

by Anonymousreply 20May 29, 2017 6:36 PM

Leah aint fat, R18. I guess my reply at r17 really hit below the belt, where most of you gather.

by Anonymousreply 21May 29, 2017 6:37 PM

How much do the clams get paid to hate post here?

by Anonymousreply 22May 29, 2017 6:38 PM

They don't get paid. They do it because it is their religious duty.

by Anonymousreply 23May 29, 2017 6:41 PM

They don't get paid anything, R22. What they do get is being threatened with being thrown into the hole for an undetermined amount of time if they don't.

by Anonymousreply 24May 29, 2017 6:41 PM

R21:

You must have fused to the Davenport by now if you don't think Leah is fat...

by Anonymousreply 25May 29, 2017 6:42 PM

MoNique would never make it in this cult.

by Anonymousreply 26May 29, 2017 6:46 PM

I love how everyone looks down on Scientology as a scam and a cult. Just like Christians look at Mormons as a scam and a cult. When in fact ALL religion is a scam and a cult. Seriously -- do you think that any of the shit that Scientologists or Mormons believe is any less crazy than the stuff Christians believe? Think about it logically and scientifically.

by Anonymousreply 27May 30, 2017 12:33 AM

Starting now

by Anonymousreply 28May 30, 2017 12:59 AM

Mike RInder looked seriously pissed at Leah tonight.

by Anonymousreply 29May 30, 2017 1:41 AM

What if it turns out that Mike Rinder is a double agent????

by Anonymousreply 30May 30, 2017 2:02 AM

Leah's father is very bitter.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31May 30, 2017 4:59 PM

Wow, Arthur looks like a prince in comparison.

by Anonymousreply 32May 30, 2017 5:25 PM

First, Mormons are Christian Dora Dumbfuck. Thank you for your input just the same. Also, Leah is neither fat or a cunt.

While I agree this series will probably probably not change the minds of current cult members it will be a warning to people who may be vulnerable. " Personality test? Fuck no!" You have been warned.

Now back to the adults.

by Anonymousreply 33May 30, 2017 5:31 PM

Kirstie Alley said she would publicly debate Leah? That'd be great. Would there be a channel that would air that?

by Anonymousreply 34May 30, 2017 5:40 PM

R27's so wise she doesn't need any sense at all of relative harm and intentional damage.

by Anonymousreply 35May 30, 2017 5:47 PM

On the special, they covered Australia 's efforts to remove tax exempt status for SCI in that country.

I don't think this was addressed in Leah's show by accident. Stay tuned.

by Anonymousreply 36May 30, 2017 6:10 PM

I bet he was just jealous that she let Arthur live in her basement.

by Anonymousreply 37May 30, 2017 6:24 PM

Does anyone want to comment on last night's show?

by Anonymousreply 38May 31, 2017 3:06 AM

R38 I'm the OP and I enjoyed the special. I'm very curious to learn about Leah's legal efforts in S2.

Mike Rinder is still so inscrutable. I half feel sorry for him and half feel like he's still capable of shooting up his workplace. He and Leah certainly make a Yin/Yang pair that's interesting to watch.

by Anonymousreply 39May 31, 2017 3:36 AM

R38 here.

There was definite tension last night when Leah interrupted him.

I really felt for the guy who atoned for harrasing Miss Lovely.

by Anonymousreply 40May 31, 2017 4:05 AM

Mike Rinder's annoyed at Leah because she's making him face truths that he doesn't want to. He's only barely begun the process of accepting his many, many sins. It won't be a pretty sight when he starts to fully accept the evil that he committed against people.

by Anonymousreply 41May 31, 2017 12:11 PM

Leah is a cunt with a good cause.

by Anonymousreply 42May 31, 2017 2:48 PM

There also needs to be a spinoff series about Landmark Education which is also another scam cult/religion.

by Anonymousreply 43May 31, 2017 7:37 PM

Danny Masterson allegedly raped some ladies and it will be discussed in the future episodes.

by Anonymousreply 44May 31, 2017 7:42 PM

Scientology stopped being relevant after 2006 just like tom cruise.

by Anonymousreply 45May 31, 2017 7:49 PM

Hopefully the Danny Masterson incident happened after 2006 and then it wouldn't be rape-rape, since Scientology wasn't relevant.

by Anonymousreply 46May 31, 2017 8:03 PM

Can Masterson sue them for defamation?

Will they use his REAL name?

by Anonymousreply 47May 31, 2017 8:24 PM

Rape/Rape?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48May 31, 2017 8:27 PM

I was surprised (as was Leah) when the Aussie guy said that there are only 1,500 Scientologists in all of Australia. The organization says there are 15,000 in the country.

by Anonymousreply 49May 31, 2017 8:45 PM

They lie about their numbers all the time R49.

by Anonymousreply 50May 31, 2017 8:56 PM

What would Bree Larson say?

by Anonymousreply 51May 31, 2017 10:55 PM

I'm surprised by the show's longevity. It's interesting but also very repetitive.

I read her book, too. Blabbermouth or whatever it's called.

by Anonymousreply 52May 31, 2017 11:06 PM

So will Danny Masterson sue?

by Anonymousreply 53June 1, 2017 2:26 AM

Probably not R53. If there are women willing to come forward he would be stupid to sue.

by Anonymousreply 54June 1, 2017 2:29 AM

Probably so, R54.

He has this weird flat affect like he has no emotions or something...

by Anonymousreply 55June 1, 2017 2:33 AM

I think that is from being indoctrinated into Scientology R55. They all seem like emotional zombies.

by Anonymousreply 56June 1, 2017 2:36 AM

Except for the twitchy Kirstie Alley.

by Anonymousreply 57June 1, 2017 2:38 AM

How come the IRS doesn't go after them?

by Anonymousreply 58June 1, 2017 10:53 PM

Ask Bill Clinton r58

by Anonymousreply 59June 2, 2017 12:34 AM

What did he do?

by Anonymousreply 60June 2, 2017 12:51 AM

Interesting family dynamics.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61June 2, 2017 1:03 AM

r60 Its under part six of the link. Travolta himself talks about how bill helped scientology in an inside the actor's studio show as well.

" Scientology managed to infiltrate the US government much more recently than its IRS infiltration, and it was Bill Clinton who made it possible. Clinton appeared to advocate for the cult internationally, largely unknown to US citizens. An incident between the US State Department and our ally Germany was sparked over Germany's refusal to allow the United States to pressure it into allowing Scientology to operate freely within their country. This was the US Government that was advocating on Scientology's behalf to an international ally. Germany in no uncertain terms rebuffed the effort. You've got to give the Germans credit - from experience they know a crazy, nihilistic, sadistic and dangerous mind control cult when they see one.

The story below is told in excerpts from the original report from Canadian Sociologist Dr. Kent. The full document may be found here.

It is well known that John P. Coale and his wife, were strong supporters of Democrats, specifically Bill Clinton and later, Hillary Clinton and Nancy Pelosi. It was just a year after Clinton took office that the IRS did its famous switcheroo and handed Scientology its tax free status, after battling against exactly this outcome for years. The details of the meeting in which this happened have always seemed strange. Definitely some back room politicking went on. Questions can be raised about whether those who control the copyrights on Hubbard's books at the highest levels are even Scientologists, but instead are highly placed former IRS officials and attorneys."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62June 2, 2017 1:13 AM

John P Coale and his wife Greta Van Susteren are not democrats. As a matter of fact John P Coale was an adviser to Sarah Palin, don't know if he still is.

by Anonymousreply 63June 2, 2017 1:19 AM

John and Greta are scientologists, they are also friends with bill and Hillary. In a 2006 blog post, Coale wrote that he was “an active supporter of the Democratic Party and its causes,” adding that he “worked closely with the Clinton administration on the issues of tobacco control and reformation of gun laws. John is also a staunch supporter of women’s rights and equality, something that has earned him a position on the editorial board for Ms. Magazine; John is the only male ever to have served in this capacity.” They flip-flopped after hill lost in 08' I believe.

by Anonymousreply 64June 2, 2017 1:32 AM

Thanks, R62!

Fascinating stuff.

by Anonymousreply 65June 2, 2017 1:32 AM

That's Leah's father's wife??? Shit, I thought that was Leah's father and Leah's sister. Jesus. The "wife" has the largest arms I've seen outside of Gold's Gym.

by Anonymousreply 66June 2, 2017 1:48 AM

I love Leah but have noticed the Barbara Walters filter they use on her during this show.

by Anonymousreply 67June 2, 2017 1:50 AM

They are, John and Greta, hard to figure out. John supports people from both parties. Greta doesn't let on who she supports, but I can see why considering her job. He supported Martin O'Malley in the primary, who he has been friends with for 15 years. He's not a very good Scientologist if he can't convert the Clinton's and O'Malley's. ;)

by Anonymousreply 68June 2, 2017 1:51 AM

Leah only used the Hollywood lighting in the studio for the special. On the series, She isn't afraid of being filmed in natural light.

by Anonymousreply 69June 2, 2017 2:05 AM

Kristie Alley is too busy being a bitch and eating one sandwich after another. Soon there won't be any sandwiches left in all of Los Angeles. Save the endangered sandwich people! Someone send us a harpoon

by Anonymousreply 70June 2, 2017 2:05 AM

Bill Clinton let this tax exemption/extortion thing happen?

by Anonymousreply 71June 2, 2017 5:29 PM

The Irs was in talks with scientology for years but didn't come to an agreement until Clinton was in office. "In August 1993, the two sides reached an agreement. The church would receive its coveted exemptions for every Scientology entity in the country and end its legal assault on the IRS and its personnel."

Fred T. Goldberg Jr is the other person responsible this mess...

Allegedly, Scientology officials, including Church leader David Miscavige, paid private investigators to acquire some unspecified compromising information on Goldberg during his time as commissioner, and then arrived at his office without an appointment one day to demand terms.[1][2] The meeting was not listed on Goldberg's appointment calendar, which was obtained by The New York Times through the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA).[citation needed]

While details are not known, it was under Goldberg's administration that the long running IRS/Scientology legal conflict ended, though it took two years (under two other Commissioners) to work out the details.[3] Scientology received a unique tax exemption in 1993 and the IRS has refused to release the agreement, even after a FOIA request by the New York Times and when requested by the court in the Sklar[who?] case.[4] (A draft version of the agreement was leaked to the WSJ and published late in 1997.)[5] In early 2002, Judge Silverman, of the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit wrote the following: "If the IRS does, in fact, give preferential treatment to members of the Church of Scientology—allowing them a special right to claim deductions that are contrary to law and rightly disallowed to everybody else—then the proper course of action is a lawsuit to stop that policy. The remedy is not to require the IRS to let others claim the improper deduction, too."[6] Goldberg went on to be Assistant Secretary for Tax Policy in the United States Department of the Treasury.

The whole story behind this is shady as fuck, so many people have dirty hands.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72June 2, 2017 9:50 PM

will Kristy Alley the barking three ton seal with her discerning scowl

by Anonymousreply 73June 3, 2017 3:19 AM

Leah just landed a sweet acting gig

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74June 3, 2017 4:37 AM

I love her, but I've only seen one episode. I hope it's on Netflix or Amazon Prime. I can't imagine anyone who isn't a clam psycho having anything bad to say about her. She's so cool.

by Anonymousreply 75June 3, 2017 4:42 AM

R74 That show has too many regular characters already.

by Anonymousreply 76June 3, 2017 5:52 PM

Leah in, Errin Hayes (who?) out

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77June 3, 2017 8:47 PM

It seems strange that they'd make major cast changes after being one of the top rated new shows. Good for Leah, though. I've only seen a few minutes of the show but I'll tune in for season 2.

by Anonymousreply 78June 3, 2017 8:50 PM

Errin Hayes looked more like his daughter than his wife.

by Anonymousreply 79June 3, 2017 10:18 PM

New episode of Season 2 on August 15

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80August 9, 2017 6:25 PM

Was there a special after Season 1?

by Anonymousreply 81August 9, 2017 7:19 PM

Leah is extremely brave for doing this and Mike Rinder is HOT!!!

by Anonymousreply 82August 9, 2017 7:28 PM

Yes, A&E aired a post-season special after all of the Season 1 episodes aired. This was in addition to the special "Reddit AMA" episode.

It's cool that this show is a big hit.

by Anonymousreply 83August 9, 2017 7:29 PM

[quote] An incident between the US State Department and our ally Germany was sparked over Germany's refusal to allow the United States to pressure it into allowing Scientology to operate freely within their country. This was the US Government that was advocating on Scientology's behalf to an international ally. Germany in no uncertain terms rebuffed the effort

John F Kennedy Jr in "George Magazine" showed the quid pro quo for that deal. The novel Primary Colors depicted a "Bill Clinotn-like" southern governor/president who was a rapist, druggie, and crook with a horrible lesbian wife. Travolta was cast as the star.

Clinton and Travolta had one of those "accidental" meetings . American policy changed and the film became a love-letter to a marvelous rogue you had to cheer for.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84August 9, 2017 8:55 PM

Leah's face is perfectly still when she talks. Her lips barely move.

by Anonymousreply 85August 9, 2017 10:34 PM

The clams must have a leash on Elisabeth Moss

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86August 9, 2017 10:38 PM

if you have netflix streaming check out 'my scientology movie'

kinda strange but it shows how scary and creepy these assholes are..... check it out.

by Anonymousreply 87August 9, 2017 10:48 PM

Well, I think it's great that Leah is keeping busy. I don't have any feelings regarding her personally, or as an actress. I've watched King of Queens (or whatever it was called) perhaps a total of 5 times with my now deceased grandmother. It was her favorite show, so I'd watch it with her. I actually liked it too, and Leah was really cute in it.

I don't see why Leah is getting all of this praise as some sort of groundbreaker regarding busting open the clams. Tony Ortega has done way more in my opinion. Almost everything that I know about the clams and their dirty tricks, I know because Ortega put himself out there. That was a big deal. And even before then, the clams were already getting a nasty reputation throughout Hollywood.

As far as Elizabeth Moss being in this group, it is a fucking shame. Out of all of its members, Moss is one of the few who can actually act, and has a long career ahead of her, with the ability to choose high quality roles for top quality scripts and productions. I know it is a cult, and plenty of actors are whacky, but I , for the life of me, cannot understand how people of average to above average intelligence fall for this shit. Unbelievable.

by Anonymousreply 88August 9, 2017 10:59 PM

I wish the FBI was doing their job and declaring war on Scientology. They pay no taxes, that is just disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 89August 9, 2017 11:04 PM

Leah and Mike indicated at the end of Season 1 that they wanted to focus their resources on challenging Scientology practices in court. I'm really looking forwared to S2.

by Anonymousreply 90August 9, 2017 11:18 PM

I was so saddened to find out Michael Pena is a member.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91August 9, 2017 11:26 PM

Pretty much every up and coming Hollywood actor gets hit up by Scientology, at one point, R91. It happens in what appears to be the most casual and innocent of ways.

My ex had just completed his first major film when they hit him up. He had met a clam at a party held by his then agency, Endeavor (before they merged with WM). Anyhow, we had just gotten our first place together, and we were invited to attend a party at their Celebrity Center. I said "Fuck no!", right from the start, however, he attended with his agent, and the clam he had met at the Endeavor party.

After that, we were bombarded with mail from the COS. When I say that we got a minimum of 10 to 12 pieces of mail from them on a weekly basis, I'm not exaggerating. They even got my name somehow, and were sending equal amounts of correspondence to me. Once we moved several years later, the mail continued, and it continued after we broke up. They kept getting my address no matter where I went.

by Anonymousreply 92August 10, 2017 12:24 AM

All people who make money off of their real life tragedies are sleaze. The only reason we put up with her here is that we hate Scientology.

That aside she had some good work done. She looks younger now than when she was in that show with the fat guy.

by Anonymousreply 93August 10, 2017 1:32 AM

Hail, L. Ron Hubbard, author of C-grade sci-fi, including his "religious" text!

by Anonymousreply 94August 10, 2017 1:49 AM

Go Leah Go. Rid the world of this family destroying Ponzi scheme cult.

by Anonymousreply 95August 10, 2017 2:23 AM

Job-stealing cunt.

by Anonymousreply 96August 10, 2017 3:28 AM

[quote]As far as Elizabeth Moss being in this group, it is a fucking shame. Out of all of its members, Moss is one of the few who can actually act, and has a long career ahead of her, with the ability to choose high quality roles for top quality scripts and productions. I know it is a cult, and plenty of actors are whacky, but I , for the life of me, cannot understand how people of average to above average intelligence fall for this shit. Unbelievable.

Moss is a second generation Scientologist. In a way I can cut her some slack. She isn't annoying about Scientology like the Mastersons, Erika Christensen, and a few second gen Scienos. I don't see the Mastersons ever leaving Scientology they are too indocrinated and don't seem all that bright. I'll still hold out hope that Moss escapes the cult.

by Anonymousreply 97August 10, 2017 3:28 AM

does jenna elfman have aids? they cured that then-scientolofuckinology?

by Anonymousreply 98August 10, 2017 3:41 AM

No, no, no, R42.

Leah is a cause with a good cunt.

by Anonymousreply 99August 10, 2017 4:06 AM

Leah should take inspiration from SNL and do a version of the We Stand Tall video with updates about the people in it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 100August 10, 2017 4:08 AM

Thankfully Leah is bringing her high profile to this cause since I have no idea who Tony Ortega is.

by Anonymousreply 101August 10, 2017 12:31 PM

these people are whack-a-doodle!!!

by Anonymousreply 102August 10, 2017 1:08 PM

Aftermath received the best "reality" show award from the Television Critics Association. Elizabeth Moss got up and left the room during the acceptance speeches since she is not allowed to hear anything negative or "entheta" about the cult. It'll look awkward at the Emmys

by Anonymousreply 103August 10, 2017 1:38 PM

I started watching this on a whim, and out of curiosity, and was immediately hooked. It is a really good series, and very eye opening. Good for her!

by Anonymousreply 104August 10, 2017 1:53 PM

Leah will be doing another Reddit AMA tomorrow to promote episode 1 of S2.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105August 14, 2017 9:00 PM

Is anyone watching Season 2?

by Anonymousreply 106August 17, 2017 12:15 AM

Looks like this season is going to talk about even more criminal and disgusting acts from this cult. The child slavery program shown this week was so bad even this evil cult discontinued it. Hopefully there's not a just as cruel program now going on.

by Anonymousreply 107August 17, 2017 2:49 PM

This week they interviewed two molestation victims and discussed how the "Church" covered it up. Of course it was nothing different to how any other churches, schools, or other organizations have covered up sexual abuse. Supposedly this season they will focus on helping victims take action against the Church. They accompanied the two abuse victims to the police station to file a report.

by Anonymousreply 108August 17, 2017 2:56 PM

Scientology is notorious for claiming to end certain practices only to have them renamed. They are so secretive that there is no way of knowing that they have truly stopped abusing children.

by Anonymousreply 109August 17, 2017 3:44 PM

R12 Fat KA needs to keep on sucking young black peen and stop acting like she is a theologist.

by Anonymousreply 110August 17, 2017 4:00 PM

She's going to win the Emmy

by Anonymousreply 111August 18, 2017 2:36 PM

Will the detailed stories of child abuse make audiences change the channel?

by Anonymousreply 112August 20, 2017 11:56 PM

Leah goes after the big cheese

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113August 21, 2017 1:24 AM

Wow, [R113], she's really going there! Are Cruise or his "good buddy" David Miscaivage (or however you spell it) crazy enough to try and have her taken out?

I seriously hope not...😦

by Anonymousreply 114August 21, 2017 2:39 AM

ffffffuck i don't get that channel!!! or FX or Bravo or...anything....

by Anonymousreply 115August 21, 2017 2:42 AM

I just started watching this on demand and love it - gives a really great glimpse into the cult!

by Anonymousreply 116August 21, 2017 2:46 AM

Is the reality show category presented at the televised Emmys?

by Anonymousreply 117August 21, 2017 2:53 AM

R88 you don't get it but in your post you pretty much sum up why Leah Remini is having quadruple the affect of Tony Ortega. She is a sitcom star and someone a random Grandmother in Omaha trusts. Yes there have been others that have done groundbreaking prestige documentaries, books, and blogs on the subject but Leah is bringing this information out to the masses. She also at the least emboldened some of the women who were raped by Danny Masterson to come forward.

by Anonymousreply 118August 21, 2017 3:07 AM

Leah's comments about Cruise (who she actually did know) in her latest Reddit AMA (as quoted in the US Weekly article linked by a poster above) are very interesting:

"Leah Remini has another target in her crusade against the Church of Scientology.

During a Reddit AMA on Tuesday, August 15, the actress was asked if her former friend Tom Cruise is a good person.

"No! Just going to get straight to it, no!" Remini, 47, responded.

"There is a public persona of the guy who looks at you directly in the eye and shakes your hand and hugs you and is an attentive person to you and there's the person behind the mask who is a completely different person."

The King of Queens alum continued, "Someone could say we all have that — what we are to the public and who we are behind the scenes, but the people who are around Tom and work for Tom, not even people who are Scientologists, they will say he is diaboloical [sic]."

Remini noted that some people she has worked with in the past might say she "can be an a--hole," but claimed it's a different story for the Top Gun actor, 55, who is one of the most high-profile members of the Church of Scientology.

"He's very similar to David Miscavige, they could be twins," she wrote, referencing the organization's leader

by Anonymousreply 119August 21, 2017 3:35 AM

Trickle trickle trickle

by Anonymousreply 120August 21, 2017 3:41 AM

Does anybody here know what kind of "diabolical" shit Cruise does behind the scenes (that Leah is referencing)?

She's saying that even the *non-Scientologists* who work for/with him would easily call him diabolical...

(And she also says he's just like Miscavige--and we know from the series that Miscavige has major rage issues and frequently beats/physically abuses people (including grown men, who just take it)

So what does Tom do??

by Anonymousreply 121August 21, 2017 3:44 AM

One of the things that Tom has been accused of is turning a blind eye to abuses inflicted on fellow Scientologists. For example, Miscavige provides Tom with a huge staff to serve all of his personal and professional needs. Tom ignores the fact that these people are forced to work for Tom and are paid a pittance.

Scientologists provided by Miscavige do things like construction on Tom's homes. Tom pays nothing and ignores the fact they he's benefiting from what is essentially slave labor.

This is just one thing that Tom has been accused of.

by Anonymousreply 122August 21, 2017 3:51 AM

Hasn't TOM been singled out for being verbally abusive to those Scientology slaves? The sea org?

by Anonymousreply 123August 21, 2017 3:59 AM

I really like this show. I've also been a fan of Leah since her king of queens days. She's really funny and beautiful. But I hope Leah is well protected because of what she's exposing to the world about scientology. That's basically a corporation with powerful people with in that organization who hold a lot of power. I just hope she's being well looked after and protected. People with money can be very corrupt. And there's no telling what they'll try to do. All the best Ti Leah. As well as former followers of that toxic cult.

by Anonymousreply 124August 21, 2017 4:54 AM

I think if anything happens to Leah we will all know Scientology is behind it.

God bless her, for speaking out and denouncing that crazy cult

by Anonymousreply 125August 21, 2017 5:08 AM

I like Leah, and I like her show. And I LOVE this commercial she made for her show.

I like how the show reads and displays all the denials from the "church", including the church's hyperbolic criticisms and personal attacks on Leah, and she plays off them.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 126August 21, 2017 5:53 AM

There should be a concerted effort to get their tax exemption taken away. Maybe will,discuss that in further episodes.

by Anonymousreply 127August 21, 2017 7:42 AM

Leah is asked about her safety often and she says that the more truthful she is, the more protected she becomes. She said she has zero fear for her safety and the safety of her loved ones. Balls of steel.

by Anonymousreply 128August 21, 2017 8:13 AM

Thanks for your reply, [R122]!

by Anonymousreply 129August 21, 2017 9:13 AM

Mainstream Christians believe Mormonism is a cult. It was invented by a con artist and polygamist.

by Anonymousreply 130August 21, 2017 9:21 AM

I've read allegations that Tom has struck underlings who work at his mansion. I can't recall where it was. An old Village Voice article maybe? And then there's the terrible treatment of the woman he "dated" previous to Katie Holmes. It' was detailed in Vanity Fair

by Anonymousreply 131August 21, 2017 3:53 PM

New episode tonight

by Anonymousreply 132August 22, 2017 6:53 PM

Leah shames Krazy Kirstie on Twitter

Remember when Kirstie played herself in a guest spot on King of Queens? No guest spot for her on Kevin Can Wait, I guess.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 133August 23, 2017 3:56 AM

R133 I read those tweets in addition to some other stuff Kirstie wrote, as well some posts from self-identified and obvious but hidden Scientos. Really unbelievable stuff.

by Anonymousreply 134August 23, 2017 5:27 AM

The Queen of Courage!

by Anonymousreply 135September 4, 2017 7:19 AM

I hope they cover the strange "suicide" of David Miscavige's mother-in-law (mother of his missing wife, Shelly).

"Indeed, it does. Over the years, interest in the death of Flo Barnett has endured because of her connection to the Church of Scientology — Barnett’s daughter, Michelle “Shelly” Barnett, in 1981 married David Miscavige, who today is the supreme leader of the worldwide religion. Flo was Miscavige’s mother-in-law, and Shelly herself has not been seen in public with her husband since 2006. But that’s a story we’ll be going into on another day.

There is another reason why Flo Barnett’s death is still a matter of interest on the Internet, I told Kitchings.

Quite a few of us, I explained to her, wonder how Barnett managed to shoot herself three times in the chest and once in the head — with a long rifle — in what the County Medical Examiner ruled was a suicide."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 136September 4, 2017 8:00 AM

Lots of shocking statements in last night's episode, but the most shocking was seeing a paid ad for Tom Cruise's new movie during the program.

Was it just a fuckup mistake? It seems if Tom still had any Hollywood power, he would have banned all ads on A&E. Seems this is another big sign that Tom's Hollywood big power player days are now long gone and he's now just another actor for hire with no say in his movie's promotion.

by Anonymousreply 137September 6, 2017 2:12 PM

Someone commented on the weirdness of seeing a Cruise movie ad and here is Leah's response:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 138September 6, 2017 2:38 PM

Why are you fools still watching this BS? I have it on good authority that Leah is batshit crazy, and sleeps around, and her co-star Mike is a kid-toucher. The Church found out, expelled them, and this is how they're trying to get even. Don't believe a word they say.

Praise Xenu.

by Anonymousreply 139September 9, 2017 4:20 PM

I honestly don't understand how so many actors are drawn into this exhausting cult. I'm assuming the actors are treated as elites and given special treatment that the SeaOrg slaves don't get because I don't see how anyone could defend this "religion". I can't imagine working and having to attend audits and read all those damn books.

by Anonymousreply 140September 9, 2017 4:34 PM

I remember when Scieno Michael Pena was out promoting that Cesar Chavez biopic that he did. He kept saying that he was so proud to portray Chavez who fought for human rights. I kind of laughed because the dumb fucker is part of a cult that has violated human rights of Sea Org members and others within the cult.

by Anonymousreply 141September 9, 2017 4:42 PM

Emmy winner!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 142September 10, 2017 2:53 AM

Yay Leah!!

by Anonymousreply 143September 10, 2017 3:18 AM

This is the best thing I have heard all day.

But what will Zenu do as a response?

by Anonymousreply 144September 10, 2017 3:38 AM

[quote]Emmy winner!

WHAT?!?!?! Geez, are they just handing these "awards" out like Tic-Tacs these days? Ri-fucking-diculous!

by Anonymousreply 145September 10, 2017 6:19 AM

Kirstie Alley has 2 Emmy's.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 146September 10, 2017 7:12 PM

Xenu, yes, but Leah is almost 20 years younger than Kirstie. She has time to catch up. Unfortunately for Kirstie, her Emmy days are behind her.

by Anonymousreply 147September 11, 2017 12:15 AM

This is the one time I wish that the reality show category was presented at the main televised awards show. It would have been fitting for Elisabeth Moss and other Scienos to watch Leah accept her Emmy. But, so many Scienos were pissed last night and today.

by Anonymousreply 148September 11, 2017 12:56 AM

For some real fun, you HAVE to read this thread. Kathy Najimy posted the 1st tweet and Kirstie Alley retweeted it along with comments and then the fun began!

kathy najimy‏ @kathynajimy

Reject racism & anti-Muslim bigotry! All people have the right to live free from persecution. #CounterACTHate

9:00 AM - 9 Sep 2017

-----

Kirstie Alley‏ @kirstiealley

I agree with that.. wonder why some don't stand up for mine too..same bigotry different group

2:37 PM - 9 Sep 2017

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 149September 11, 2017 3:54 AM

Kirstie Alley is not allowed to read anything about Scientology but what Scientology says she can read about Scientology. Sorry, but not many insightful, intelligent people will stand up for that.

by Anonymousreply 150September 11, 2017 4:02 AM

I vaguely remember when Kirstie went on some tirade years back when a journalist called Scientology a cult. She had some bullshit response saying that Scienotology was a religion just like Judaism and that it would be wrong to tell both groups that their religions were cults. I saw the video of it somewhere.

Anyone else remember this? I know that I probably the details wrong. But, her response to Kathy Najimy reminded me of that video rant.

by Anonymousreply 151September 11, 2017 4:20 AM

I can see how this cult grew quickly from actors participating in LA during the 70/80s. With many connected working actors, I could see the appeal for struggling actors to network and put up with the bullshit as it may have been helpful back then in getting auditions/work in Hollywood.

by Anonymousreply 152September 11, 2017 12:26 PM

She's so beautiful.

by Anonymousreply 153September 11, 2017 12:47 PM

She's taking on Jada Pinkett Smith. Jada and Will need to be brought down along with their pal Tammy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 154September 16, 2017 7:42 PM

As much as I love Leah and can't stand JPS, I think this is kind of a tacky. move.

by Anonymousreply 155September 16, 2017 7:47 PM

I fail to see why this is tackly. She stated two facts, that Jada was at CC al lot and that the couple opened a Scientology school. It's also a confirmation about what has been reported for years.

by Anonymousreply 156September 16, 2017 11:08 PM

R155 here,

I changed my mind.

You are right.

She was just stating the facts.

by Anonymousreply 157September 16, 2017 11:12 PM

This "OT III / Xenu" episode is wild

by Anonymousreply 158September 17, 2017 2:17 AM

Why is that article calling her the 'Kevin Can Wait' actress? She's a guest star, not a regular.

by Anonymousreply 159September 17, 2017 2:22 AM

Not anymore, they are killing off his wife for her.

by Anonymousreply 160September 17, 2017 2:24 AM

R159 see R77

by Anonymousreply 161September 17, 2017 2:26 AM

I kind of thought his wife on the show was too young for him - but kill her off? That's harsh. Not gonna play well. They should have at least made her leave him or something.

by Anonymousreply 162September 17, 2017 2:34 AM

R162 It worked ok back in the 80s when Valerie Harper's character was killed off in a sitcom.

by Anonymousreply 163September 17, 2017 2:52 AM

The network must think that hiring Leah and killing off the wife is a slam dunk. Otherwise, they wouldn't risk doing something so jarring to its mostly older and unadventurous audience. CBS is a very conservative network and sitcom success in 2017 is extremely fragile. They are confident that they made a winning decision.

We shall see!

by Anonymousreply 164September 17, 2017 2:56 AM

Watch this show if you want to know:

1. Why Nicole Kidman has no relationship with her two Scientology kids with Tom Criuise

2. Why Elizabeth Moss and other Scientology celebrities do not acknowledge the existence of Xenu.

by Anonymousreply 165September 18, 2017 3:05 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 166September 18, 2017 6:07 AM

Moss won last night.

by Anonymousreply 167September 18, 2017 4:18 PM

r164, that older and unadventurous audience likely also loved the long-running CBS King of Queens with the same leads, so it's not really much of a gamble to make the switch to Leah at this point.

Big bonus for Leah at this point as she now gets to spend her big network TV paychecks as she wants, rather than giving most to the cult.

Moss still needs to give up most of her earnings, but Hulu ain't paying shit, so it's not much going to the cult.

by Anonymousreply 168September 18, 2017 4:46 PM

Doesn't everyone tithe to their church?

by Anonymousreply 169September 18, 2017 6:04 PM

Blame Bill Clinton for the tax exempt thing.

by Anonymousreply 170September 18, 2017 6:41 PM

Do you think Obama was a U.S. senator when the Gulf War started, too, R170? Operation Snow White was in the works long before the Clinton administration. Read up.

by Anonymousreply 171September 18, 2017 6:51 PM

Why is the FBI afraid of this cult?

James Comey too.

by Anonymousreply 172September 18, 2017 7:06 PM

Before their tax-exemption, the cult had to prove to the government that it was a church and the cult had a lot of willpower and resources to do that.

After their tax-exemption, the government needs to prove that the church is a cult and the government doesn't have the willpower or resources to do that.

by Anonymousreply 173September 18, 2017 7:25 PM

Season 1 explains why Scientology has tax-exempt status in the US.

by Anonymousreply 174September 18, 2017 7:34 PM

Did anyone listen to the Leah interview on RuPaul's pod cast? It's pretty good.

It was taped in Feb 2016 which was long before the Emmy nomination. She is asked about her interest in acting jobs and Leah mentions "a one-off comedy thing I did for friends" (now we know it was her 1 episode appearance on Kevin's new show). But when pushed, she said she's not interested in full-time acting work at the moment. It sounds like she had other projects lined up that didn't include acting.

All of this makes me wonder if she was initially reluctant when offered the FT job and then accepted an offer she couldn't refuse. She certainly knows how much money can be made from a hit sitcom so I wouldn't be surprised if she's getting paid big big bucks to costar on this show.

Suck it, Miscavige.

by Anonymousreply 175September 18, 2017 7:40 PM

Feb 2017 not Feb 2016

by Anonymousreply 176September 18, 2017 7:42 PM

Leah Remini is a brave woman but I don't like how she and Kevin James got rid of that lady so they could take over the show by themselves it was a crappy show to begin with and now it is going to fail because of karma but I still love them. Bosoms!

by Anonymousreply 177September 18, 2017 7:47 PM

Leah's been working in Hollywood long enough to know that even under the best circumstances, as an aging woman, her job prospects are rapidly dwindling every year. Plus, in terms of acting, she's a one-trick pony who's ridden her acting ability a lot further than it should have been able to go. The sitcom gig is lottery money for her and she's been well aware that she was going to need to pursue other money making avenues anyway.

by Anonymousreply 178September 18, 2017 7:53 PM

What episode is the tax exempt status explained in? It's gonna take a lot of time to watch all the episodes in season 1

by Anonymousreply 179September 18, 2017 7:53 PM

So, r177, the entire cast and crew on the sitcom should lose their jobs when the show is cancelled just so that they could keep the one actress on the failing show?

Bringing on Leah is a second chance to keep the show on the air.

by Anonymousreply 180September 18, 2017 8:00 PM

It was the highest rated CBS comedy or any comedy for that matter that premiered in 2016 clearly people like Terrance Hayes why would she have to be terminated as a character when they could have just had him have a work wife I downstairs wife a Coliseum life and a life who makes him pancakes like Holly people who know the King of Queens will get these references better than you syrebral types who never watch anything but fancy-schmancy cable shows that win Emmys but have mostly low you were ships thank you

by Anonymousreply 181September 18, 2017 8:33 PM

r181 must be a parody post, as otherwise they couldn't possibly know how to operate a television set.

by Anonymousreply 182September 18, 2017 9:17 PM

R181 is illiterate.

by Anonymousreply 183September 18, 2017 9:37 PM

Why does everyone here say "Scienos"?

Shouldn't it be "Scientos"?

by Anonymousreply 184September 18, 2017 9:47 PM

This thread is now CLOSED. Please move along.

by Anonymousreply 185September 19, 2017 6:00 AM

Tom cruise has a movie out next week. I wonder if he's doing press and of anyone will ask him about Leah. I hope so. Another Tom meltdown would be gold.

by Anonymousreply 186September 22, 2017 2:42 AM

Put your manners back in, R186

by Anonymousreply 187September 22, 2017 3:46 AM

I said it was CLOSED, and I fucking meant it. Get out of here with your lies and misrepresentations.

by Anonymousreply 188September 22, 2017 6:58 AM

Oh, Anne. Davey would never allow that with his numerous "foot bullets" that you seem to be a part of. You too cunty for yourself, Anne.

by Anonymousreply 189September 22, 2017 7:06 AM

TC doesn't get surprise questions during publicity. Unless the interviewer wants that to be his last TC interview. For many decades now, when someone interviews TC they need to agree to topics that they will not ask him. Certainly Leah has been on that list for many years. Plus, he'd have several official cult spokespeople with him for all interviews.

by Anonymousreply 190September 22, 2017 1:28 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 191September 22, 2017 3:05 PM

Oh really, R190, Matt Lauer asking Tom about Brooke Shields was a question that Tom wanted to answer? Did Tom's people approve of him looking crazed while calling Lauer "glib"? The time where stars could make demands of interviewers is long gone. Tom's old publicist, Pat Kingsley, was the master of keeping interviewers in line or they would risk losing access to all her movie start clients. However, Tom fired her right before his infamous Oprah appearance. And with the internet and social media, this old system doesn't work anymore. But I have no idea if anyone will bother asking Tom anything about Scientology.

by Anonymousreply 192September 22, 2017 5:11 PM

[quote]I can see how this cult grew quickly from actors participating in LA during the 70/80s. With many connected working actors, I could see the appeal for struggling actors to network and put up with the bullshit as it may have been helpful back then in getting auditions/work in Hollywood.

I have wondered if this continues to apply for youngish, thirsty, desperate actors who use the cult as a networking and potential work opportunity, and then some of them get sucked in.

by Anonymousreply 193September 22, 2017 9:55 PM

Classic.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 194September 23, 2017 12:53 AM

They need to be protested against and shamed. We know that this anti-gay cult is parasitic and evil. People need to call these celebrities OUT on the cult's abuses. When Travolta (on the red carpet) says "No, I don't watch that", then the reporter needs tell him "You really SHOULD watch it, if you don't know about the reported abuses, you really should, John."

by Anonymousreply 195September 23, 2017 12:59 AM

I never get tired of that video R194. It is SO on point that it makes me wonder if whoever wrote/created it was an ex-member.

by Anonymousreply 196September 23, 2017 6:10 AM

It's an almost shot-by-shot parody of an actual Scientology video. The original is probably on YouTube.

by Anonymousreply 197September 23, 2017 6:15 AM

The Scientology "We Stand Tall" video. The SNL parody was one of the best take humorous takes down of COS. Tina Fey also did something similar on Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt where a character joined Scientology type cult called Cosmetology.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 198September 23, 2017 7:55 PM

I also loved Billy On The Street's Leah Remini Escape from Scientology game sketch.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 199September 23, 2017 9:23 PM

R154 fuck you!!! Why do they need to be brought down? Because their black? I don't get people like you. You BITCH and moan about black people being "LAZY" and when their successful it's to much for you and your ILK to handle. You must want to see them on welfare. Then you'll be complaining about that too. No matter what you white supremacist will never be happy. Fuck all of you.

by Anonymousreply 200September 23, 2017 10:21 PM

Some of these former Scientologists featured on the show seem quite....simple. Were they naive and dumb before joining S or did being in S rot their brains?

by Anonymousreply 201September 24, 2017 10:59 PM

Most of the people featured in the show were either born into Scientology or joined with their parents when they were children. The series has featured many multi-generation families. Others joined in the early 70s. Education for Scientology children is poor to say the least and if they join the Sea Org at 13 or 14 as many are pressured to, their education ceases altogether. A lot of their "ecclesiastical" activities like their courses, auditiing, and sec checking involves so much repetition for hours on end that it does serve the purpose of numbing, if not outright mind washing.

by Anonymousreply 202September 25, 2017 12:52 AM

The reason they go after big money celebs so hard to join the cult is because they have so few members all over the world (some say only about 40 thousand total). They need those ultra rich celebs to keep the thing afloat.

by Anonymousreply 203September 25, 2017 1:08 AM

Lots of empty buildings.

by Anonymousreply 204September 25, 2017 4:16 AM

Next week's episode exposes the Scientology "celebrity wranglers"

by Anonymousreply 205September 25, 2017 10:44 PM

R205 Are they going to go after Tommy Davis' wife?

by Anonymousreply 206September 25, 2017 11:51 PM

Kevin killed his wife off the show and didn't shed one tear.

Weird.

by Anonymousreply 207September 26, 2017 2:11 AM

So, when these people like Shelly Misscabbage just disappear, where do they go? Where are they kept?

by Anonymousreply 208September 26, 2017 2:30 AM

R208 Sadly, we will probably never know what happened to them. I recall some rumor about them being put in an underground bunker.

by Anonymousreply 209September 26, 2017 4:00 AM

I wonder how Scientology will respond to the fact that another actress was fired to bring Leah in does it make her look bad?

by Anonymousreply 210September 27, 2017 8:54 PM

I thought the actress on Kevin Can Wait was a diva who caused problems with Kevin James and the crew.

by Anonymousreply 211September 27, 2017 9:39 PM

r210, if the cult had any concern about this, they should put her into the next Tom Cruise movie and have her become a big star just to spite Leah.

by Anonymousreply 212September 27, 2017 10:27 PM

Leah is tearing me down, one by one

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 213November 5, 2017 3:26 AM

For some reason the second season isn't doing it for me like the first season. I hate looking at Mike Rinder's ugly face. He either looks like he does not want to be there (grouchy and uninterested when a guest is speaking) or he's sitting in a big pile of shit in his pants.

by Anonymousreply 214November 8, 2017 5:26 AM

I think some of the stories and claims are getting repetitive, thus the lack in interest. Yesterday was the no season finale (I think), and the clip I saw had some previous guests telling how Scientology is bribing their family members to claim the guests have been lying, and how Leah makes them over-dramatize their claims. So this one sounds interesting.

by Anonymousreply 215November 8, 2017 9:56 AM

i'm so sick of her and that shit.

by Anonymousreply 216November 8, 2017 12:17 PM

r216 - looks like Kirstie's diet pills haven't kicked in yet today

by Anonymousreply 217November 8, 2017 12:58 PM

Where’s the stuff about her legal case against S? That would make for great TV. Maybe it’s coming in Sesson 3.

by Anonymousreply 218November 8, 2017 1:14 PM

There have been a lot of horrible stories about the cult on this series, but the show about the mother escaping the cult to go back to her family was unbelievably emotionally honest, raw and heartbreaking. Just give the show another Emmy now. They're doing God's (and not LRH's) work here.

by Anonymousreply 219November 9, 2017 2:30 PM

She's been awfully quiet lately. Is the network behind her new Kevin James show putting a lid on her as part of her contract?

by Anonymousreply 220November 9, 2017 2:43 PM

David Miscavige Is such a little Philly bred white trash con-man bitch, a tiny pussy bitch.

by Anonymousreply 221November 9, 2017 2:50 PM

How has she been quiet? She’s still very active on Twitter. I don’t have Facebook or Instagram so I don’t know if she’s also active there.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 222November 9, 2017 3:04 PM

I watched the episode where the former members from the previous season were interviewed about how the church has retaliated against them since they spoke out. Unbelievable that this organization has tax exempt status.

by Anonymousreply 223November 9, 2017 3:29 PM

I was incorrect about last week being the finale. There's an episode tonight all about L Ron. This strikes me as "filler" content because they had to shelf the episode about rapes/Danny Masterson, but I'm just speculation.

by Anonymousreply 224November 14, 2017 12:28 PM

For Season 3, she will expose more than just Scientology:

“I’m open to doing a season 3 in a different way. We’ve been getting an overwhelming amount of emails and people contacting us through [social media] about other cults that are similar [to Scientology], so I’m looking into that.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 225January 13, 2018 5:06 PM

Why haven't there been an aggressive investigation into scientology and all of there corruption and inhumane treatment of people within the organization by the US federal government? Because there needs to be.

by Anonymousreply 226January 14, 2018 12:38 AM

My guess is that money plays a big role, R226, but it's a great question.

by Anonymousreply 227January 14, 2018 1:06 AM

R227 that whole organization needs to be brought down. For once and for all.

by Anonymousreply 228January 14, 2018 1:25 AM

R226 this is always my frustration. 'Going Clear' touches on the organization's influence on government a little bit. I vaguely remember a creepy clip of Miscavige (sp?) at his podium bragging to a large congregation about how the government is no match for him. It was very Jim Jones-ish and over the top. I think this was about tax exempt status but it seemed to hint they had a lot of lobbying power,legal representation, influence over the government. Who knows if it's just the bragging of an ego maniac but I wouldn't doubt that the organization has at least some considerable money, legal muscle and some political influence bought with it. Hopefully with public pressure the scales will tip a little bit.

by Anonymousreply 229January 14, 2018 2:38 AM

R229 that's scary. That's why we need real leadership in Washington and not people who will allow themselves to be bribed by corrupt money. Something needs to be done about scientology and the way they operate.

by Anonymousreply 230January 14, 2018 3:00 AM

Does the Janet Reitman book "Inside Scientology" touch on the clams' influence on the government? I have been thinking about reading that one. I read Going Clear when it was first released.

by Anonymousreply 231January 14, 2018 3:13 AM

Oh dear. Leah is siding with the accused and not the accuser. I hope this doesn’t bite her in the ass.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 232January 16, 2018 12:45 AM

The COS plays dirty.

by Anonymousreply 233January 16, 2018 1:59 AM

When I’m bored I watch Late Night talk show clips on YT and I recently found this one. It’s somewhat old but it’s surprising to me that Conan “goes there” with Leah about the disappearance of Shelley M and physical abuse of parishioners.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 234January 16, 2018 6:14 PM

How does Leah have the grace not to tell Kevin how much their current show sucks?

by Anonymousreply 235January 16, 2018 8:01 PM

Renewed!

Season 3 of Leah’s hit show is on the way

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 236March 15, 2018 1:53 PM

R55, R56 & R213 Danny Masterson IS creepy and emotionless. His wife Bijou Phillips is really gross and scary too. I think he must be similar to the character he plays in Smiley Face: Anna Faris' psychopath skull-fucking roommate.

by Anonymousreply 237March 15, 2018 3:19 PM

R266 The answer to why they have the LAPD and other entities not doing anything to stop them is that there are fixers. Two big ones are Marty Singer and Jules Kroll. Pay them a fee and all your problems go away.

by Anonymousreply 238March 15, 2018 6:25 PM

[quote]Why haven't there been an aggressive investigation into scientology and all of there corruption and inhumane treatment of people within the organization by the US federal government? Because there needs to be.

Federal government agencies including the IRS did go after them back the '60s and 70s. But, as R238 said LAPD and other entities get money from COS for protection. COS in Clearwater, FL employs off duty or retired cops as security and also to infiltrate the local government there. Some Clearwater residents have talked about how much COS controls the town.

by Anonymousreply 239March 15, 2018 8:15 PM

It’s such a unique program, I’m curious to see how it evolves if the subject matter strays from Scientology.

by Anonymousreply 240March 15, 2018 9:01 PM

Scary shit.

by Anonymousreply 241March 15, 2018 11:51 PM

R239 big money to be made or retired cops if Scientology or celebrities hire them. That is why the LAPD acts very corruptly when celebrity cases or Scientology cases are involved. Also the fixers - Jules Kroll and Marty Singer have the whole system rigged if you can afford their fees.

by Anonymousreply 242March 29, 2018 7:13 PM

I just started watching this series, and was not expecting so many tears from peoples’ stories. This show is really well done so far. I’m just astounded, overall. Of course I knew generally about Scientology and constantly drove by the centers when I lived in Los Angeles. But it’s mind blowing that this even exists at all. My own midwestern city has a Scientology center. There’s a receptionist who sits in front of a fireplace. Creepy. Where did people come up with the money to throw around on these bogus books and classes.. unbelievable.

by Anonymousreply 243January 31, 2019 5:00 AM

Bump.

by Anonymousreply 244January 31, 2019 6:24 AM

Well is it?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 245January 31, 2019 6:50 AM

Can anyone familiar with Clearwater, FL comment on the last two episodes? In them, they discuss that Scientology has tried to take over the city by buying most of the downtown Clearwater property, and as a result downtown Clearwater is like a ghost town.

by Anonymousreply 246January 31, 2019 9:57 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!