Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Zack Snyder reveals suicide of daughter, 20; Joss Whedon will complete post of Justice League

Some reshoots were planned for this summer.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 202February 13, 2018 6:03 AM

Snyder has six biological children and two adopted... this is the only photo I could find with some of his daughters

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1May 22, 2017 10:38 PM

Ugh for a moment I hoped this meant there be one less ridiculous, soul-killing comic book movie released. But even death can't stop these monstrous cinematic behemoths.

by Anonymousreply 2May 22, 2017 10:40 PM

This just gets worse and worse. I am sorry for his loss. Wow. Just wow.

by Anonymousreply 3May 22, 2017 11:06 PM

Very sad. Seemed like she had everything going for her. Maybe she was the oldest one in purple. I wish my pops was an A-list actor or director, but some things are bigger than that I suppose.

by Anonymousreply 4May 22, 2017 11:11 PM

Shit. that's bad news. I feel for Synder and his kid

by Anonymousreply 5May 22, 2017 11:12 PM

Wait, so he took two weeks off after his daughter committed suicide, then went back to work full time, leaving the wife and the kids on their own.

I would understand going back to work if you are not responsible for the well being of other kids, but in this case, I must say, I think he acted in a rather self-absorbed manner.

by Anonymousreply 6May 22, 2017 11:14 PM

R6, how long do you think he should have stayed home? Two weeks seems about right to me.

by Anonymousreply 7May 22, 2017 11:17 PM

if needs hard cock I offer my mine

by Anonymousreply 8May 22, 2017 11:18 PM

I read that Snyder had already approached Whedon to re-write scenes, but now Whedon will be directing as well, and finishing up production.

by Anonymousreply 9May 22, 2017 11:21 PM

Hmmm...

by Anonymousreply 10May 22, 2017 11:30 PM

Condolences to the Synder family and friends

by Anonymousreply 11May 22, 2017 11:49 PM

Yes because I am sure they are all reading this thread ^^^

by Anonymousreply 12May 22, 2017 11:54 PM

The name of the daughter that died was Autumn.

The family photo posted above was from Sucker Punch premiere in 2011. I would say it's probably the girl in the middle looking at the camera. ☹️

by Anonymousreply 13May 23, 2017 12:08 AM

[quote][R6], how long do you think he should have stayed home? Two weeks seems about right to me.

For a death of a child? How do you even measure that? I don't have kids, but I lost my brother and my parents were not the same for about ten years. It nearly killed them. Two weeks seems like denial to me.

by Anonymousreply 14May 23, 2017 12:18 AM

OK Heavy.com says Autumn was one of his biological children, so it's not the Asian girl in the photo

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 15May 23, 2017 12:25 AM

That's terribly sad.

by Anonymousreply 16May 23, 2017 12:32 AM

[quote] For a death of a child? How do you even measure that? I don't have kids, but I lost my brother and my parents were not the same for about ten years. It nearly killed them. Two weeks seems like denial to me.

My friend's son committed suicide and my friend only took a week off when his employers wanted him to take longer. Denial, I believe it was, but he wanted some sense of normalcy because left at home surrounded by the grief of his wife and other kids he couldn't move forward. Just awful all around.

by Anonymousreply 17May 23, 2017 2:22 AM

Thank god Snyder is out to fuck this up again. Whedon might be able to make this film work.

by Anonymousreply 18May 23, 2017 2:41 AM

You do realize you can't save a movie in post, right?

by Anonymousreply 19May 23, 2017 2:44 AM

By all accounts Rogue One was saved in post and with reshoots, and I thought it was pretty damn good as Star Wars movies go.

by Anonymousreply 20May 23, 2017 2:46 AM

Rogue One was shaped into a more agreeable corporate product in post.

by Anonymousreply 21May 23, 2017 2:51 AM

Many movies have been saved in post. It happens all the time.

by Anonymousreply 22May 23, 2017 2:55 AM

Autumn Asian lots of Suicides. I should know.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23May 23, 2017 2:59 AM

This thread really says all there is to know about our regular DC hating cunts. I'm looking at you R6, among others.

by Anonymousreply 24May 23, 2017 2:59 AM

Good lord people, in these instances you're not supposed to move on and get back to normal! It's shockingly inappropriate, disrespectful and narcissistic. Is grieving just too inconvenient these days? Normal, daily life is supposed to stop. Cold. It's called mourning. And our self-involved society seems to have forgotten that. My Sicilian grandmother wore black for the rest of her life after my aunt died. That's what you do.

by Anonymousreply 25May 23, 2017 3:00 AM

May she rest in peace.

by Anonymousreply 26May 23, 2017 3:03 AM

[quote]My Sicilian grandmother wore black for the rest of her life after my aunt died. That's what you do.

What a load of crap. Why do I get the feeling it's only Zack Snyder you try to hold to such a high standard.

by Anonymousreply 27May 23, 2017 3:05 AM

Even Zack Snyder doesn't hold Zack Snyder to high standards.

by Anonymousreply 28May 23, 2017 3:11 AM

Don't judge R25. You never know what you or anyone else will do until you face the circumstances.

by Anonymousreply 29May 23, 2017 3:12 AM

It sounds like R27 wouldn't even be bothered to skip lunch after a death in the immediate family. What's the point after all of showing some modicum of respect for the deceased? I'm hungry!

by Anonymousreply 30May 23, 2017 3:13 AM

How sad... the poor girl and family... tragic

by Anonymousreply 31May 23, 2017 3:13 AM

R25's grandma

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32May 23, 2017 3:15 AM

Who is the idiot telling people how to handle a death? Attacking Snyder for only taking two weeks off? WTF, I can't believe I am reading this.

by Anonymousreply 33May 23, 2017 3:46 AM

He's an Ayn Rand worshipper and objectivist. It's a miracle all his children haven't committed suicide.

And the rumors abound that the movie's a mess. So this allows Synder to bow out gracefully. And good riddance. Keeping in mind that all your sadness for him goes against objectivist thinking and he'd despise you for it.

by Anonymousreply 34May 23, 2017 3:46 AM

R33 His child KILLED THEMSELVES. He's a multi-millionaire, he did not need to rush back to work as most would have had to.

by Anonymousreply 35May 23, 2017 3:49 AM

You cannot tell another person how to live their life. If he wanted to go back to work that is his right. Everybody is their own person and works through things their own way.

by Anonymousreply 36May 23, 2017 3:51 AM

Ironically R34's total lack of empathy makes him even more objectivist than Snyder could ever possibly be.

by Anonymousreply 37May 23, 2017 3:51 AM

Learn grammar, R35.

by Anonymousreply 38May 23, 2017 4:10 AM

R36, 37, 38 Since you're the same person...eat my ass, cunt. Sorry, not feeling empathy for the asshole homophobe. My empathy is for the child who had to live with him as a father.

by Anonymousreply 39May 23, 2017 4:26 AM

I'm R38, and that was my first post on this thread. Deal with the fact that more than one person on this thread (and in real life, I would imagine) realizes you're a fool.

by Anonymousreply 40May 23, 2017 4:41 AM

r36 your employer would have some say in that. (Although I get what you mean about others having 'rules' for grieving.)

I'm old and cynical enough about Hollywood to think this was the out they used to take him off after they saw what a holy mess it was, and that his ideas weren't going to pull it up in post. They probably should've let him go in March, but didn't want to make a bad personal situation worse. Although, if he didn't have final cut, they could've just taken it away from him.

Poor woman. RIP

by Anonymousreply 41May 23, 2017 5:09 AM

So they are bringing in Joss Whedon to save Justice League in reshoots and editing. Thats the real story here.

You arent cynical r41 if its true.

by Anonymousreply 42May 23, 2017 5:30 AM

I send my love and prayers.

(I don't pray and I don't know these people to love them, but it seems the thing to say whenever there is a tragedy.)

by Anonymousreply 43May 23, 2017 5:34 AM

It seems the daughter was one of his adopted ones. Man, you have to wonder sometimes. People hang in there. Just fake it until you make it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44May 23, 2017 5:39 AM

I always cry when an Asian dies. Whites and blacks, not so much.

by Anonymousreply 45May 23, 2017 5:41 AM

R37

That was my thought exactly.

Sick. I feel sorrow for ZS even though I loathe his cinematic aesthetic.

I guess any respect for Ayn Rand means you are unworthy of sympathy.

by Anonymousreply 46May 23, 2017 5:54 AM

He's going to let this stop his work?

Talk about a snowflake ...

by Anonymousreply 47May 23, 2017 5:54 AM

[quote] This thread really says all there is to know about our regular DC hating cunts. I'm looking at you [R6], among others.

There was nothing hateful about my post.

And if you think I was being judgemental, well... just read what you wrote about me (insults included.

by Anonymousreply 48May 23, 2017 5:58 AM

You don't grieve for more than 2-3 days.

WTF, people? What good is it for?

by Anonymousreply 49May 23, 2017 6:03 AM

Snyder supported Obama twice, so he can't be too attached to the Rand philosophy.

by Anonymousreply 50May 23, 2017 6:04 AM

I want to know why she killed herself.

by Anonymousreply 51May 23, 2017 6:16 AM

Me too.

by Anonymousreply 52May 23, 2017 6:16 AM

[quote]You don't grieve for more than 2-3 days. WTF, people? What good is it for?

Unfortunately, that's all you get at my job, unless the person dies out of state. Then, you get a whole 5 days.

by Anonymousreply 53May 23, 2017 6:17 AM

Zacks a hottie.

by Anonymousreply 54May 23, 2017 6:56 AM

[quote] My Sicilian grandmother wore black for the rest of her life after my aunt died. That's what you do.

PICTURE IT! Sicily, 1920!

by Anonymousreply 55May 23, 2017 6:58 AM

[quote] There was nothing hateful about my post.

Keep telling yourself that, R6 / R48. No one believes you.

by Anonymousreply 56May 23, 2017 7:03 AM

r56 I didn't see that as hateful although I disagreed, but this place is fucked for nuanced dialogue these days.

Although I don't know why I'm saying anything since I'm evil and/or don't even exist. Not that I'm bitter.

by Anonymousreply 57May 23, 2017 7:09 AM

R18, Joss is just finishing the film. It's pretty much done.

by Anonymousreply 58May 23, 2017 7:43 AM

R54, Ayn Rand is not hot.

by Anonymousreply 59May 23, 2017 7:44 AM

So how'd she kill herself?

by Anonymousreply 60May 23, 2017 7:44 AM

[quote]There was nothing hateful about my post.

[quote]Keep telling yourself that, [R6] / [R48]. No one believes you.

Don't flatter yourself, R24/R56. You are not the opinion of all who post here.

My post was my opinion, which may be colored by a very personal experience of losing a brother.

And it was far more polite than you calling me and other posters (whose opinion you disagree with) "hating cunts."

by Anonymousreply 61May 23, 2017 7:54 AM

The film is done whedon is only shooting the schedualed reshoots that were planned, the film will still be 100 percent snyder dumpster fire. No one who's seen it has anything good to say about the film and whedon would have to reshoot the entire film to save it, but whedon himself is a pretty shit writer that bruce and natashia tumblr fan-fic was awful bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 62May 23, 2017 8:34 AM

Sorry meant *scheduled

by Anonymousreply 63May 23, 2017 8:35 AM

[quote]I want to know why she killed herself.

She saw a rough cut of the film.

Her final words were, "Who in the hell is Steppenwolf? Why...him???"

by Anonymousreply 64May 23, 2017 8:56 AM

Ok it looks like Autumn was one of his adopted daughters with Deborah Snyder, not his biological one from ex wife Denise.

Is she the same girl looking directly at the camera in the photo up top?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65May 23, 2017 10:26 AM

Ok yes based on R44's photo it is the same girl. She was very pretty.

by Anonymousreply 66May 23, 2017 10:31 AM

I mean, can this be interpreted as anything less than good for Justice League?

by Anonymousreply 67May 23, 2017 11:33 AM

I give no shits about Snyder and am very "meh" about JL but knowing that poor 20 year old was that miserable and saw no light at the end of the tunnel, is pretty fucking sad.

I could understand if she was very sick or old or poor. Or facing jail. Twenty is too young.

by Anonymousreply 68May 23, 2017 12:00 PM

She likely felt out of place in that family and was exposed to the hollywood life and was probably mistaken for the maid at some point. I don't know why they were so ultra secretive about it, it's likely because Warner Bros. didn't want any impact on their stock prices that would result if word got out that the film's director would be out of commission due to suicide in the family. Zack's son Jett looks like he will be a hottie, I read somewhere where he is being prepped to play Robin in a future batman movie. See him at 1:27 on video.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69May 23, 2017 12:34 PM

[quote]She likely felt out of place in that family

Why? They had another adopted daughter from Asia whom she grew up with.

Snyder's other children are with previous wives so they probably did not live with him and Deborah.

by Anonymousreply 70May 23, 2017 12:53 PM

[quote]His child KILLED THEMSELVES.

HERSELF, dear.

by Anonymousreply 71May 23, 2017 1:29 PM

R71 Are you assuming their gender?!

by Anonymousreply 72May 23, 2017 1:46 PM

R72 No, fatty. I can read. Try it some time.

by Anonymousreply 73May 23, 2017 1:47 PM

The closet kills

by Anonymousreply 74May 23, 2017 1:52 PM

Oddly enough, this is the first time I've ever seen a picture of Zack Snyder. Never realized he was such a hot daddy.

And not to be frauish but it's impossible to snark about someone's kid committing suicide. This loss will pain them for the rest of their days. RIP Autumn

by Anonymousreply 75May 23, 2017 1:53 PM

R46 No, libertarian cunt, it means he doesn't WANT your pity. Get it?

And my sympathy is for HER. It can't have been easy growing up with a cold, objectivist father who has a cult mentality.

by Anonymousreply 76May 23, 2017 2:24 PM

R71 I did not know she was a girl when I wrote "themselves". Jesus, the trans-panic folks are at it 24/7.

by Anonymousreply 77May 23, 2017 2:26 PM

Look at this psycho

Waitress fired after caught sleeping with Orlando Bloom after her shift.

R32 WHY are you on a gossip board, cunt?

Zack Snyder reveals suicide of daughter, 20; Joss Whedon will complete post of Justice League

He's an Ayn Rand worshipper and objectivist. It's a miracle all his children haven't committed suicide.

And the rumors abound that the movie's a mess. So this allows Synder to bow out gracefully. And good riddance. Keeping in mind that all your sadness for him goes against objectivist thinking and he'd despise you for it.

R33 His child KILLED THEMSELVES. He's a multi-millionaire, he did not need to rush back to work as most would have had to.

R36, 37, 38 Since you're the same person...eat my ass, cunt. Sorry, not feeling empathy for the asshole homophobe. My empathy is for the child who had to live with him as a father.

R46 No, libertarian cunt, it means he doesn't WANT your pity. Get it?

And my sympathy is for HER. It can't have been easy growing up with a cold, objectivist father who has a cult mentality.

R71 I did not know she was a girl when I wrote "themselves". Jesus, the trans-panic folks are at it 24/7.

by Anonymousreply 78May 23, 2017 2:28 PM

R78 Says the psycho stalking my comments on the board. Who's the psycho, cunt? And yeah, I get pissed when I'm attacked. Weirdo. Now you're blocked asshole.

by Anonymousreply 79May 23, 2017 2:30 PM

So much sympathy for a homophobe. Typical DL.

by Anonymousreply 80May 23, 2017 2:31 PM

r79 = snowflake

by Anonymousreply 81May 23, 2017 2:39 PM

I wonder if Marvel cares at all that Whedon has switched to DC.

by Anonymousreply 82May 23, 2017 3:41 PM

If I were a D.C. fan, I'd be furious about how badly Zack Snyder ruined their characters and universe, by draining all the life and color out of them, making them all dark demons and shoving them in boring plots.

by Anonymousreply 83May 23, 2017 3:41 PM

I think most D.C. fans are capable of separating their feelings about Snyder's creative shortcomings with sympathy for his unimaginable personal tragedy.

by Anonymousreply 84May 23, 2017 3:58 PM

[quote]I wonder if Marvel cares at all that Whedon has switched to DC.

Kevin Feige has spoken positively about it, publicly at least. If anything they probably appreciate the optics, someone from Marvel going over to try to make DC better. It just makes them look good.

by Anonymousreply 85May 23, 2017 4:06 PM

Agree R85.

by Anonymousreply 86May 23, 2017 4:33 PM

I'm guessing he went back to work after two weeks due to contractual obligations. Obviously, he went back knowing that negotiations were underway with Whedon to replace him.

Fuck, people are killing themselves left and right. Within the last year, I personally know of 4 people who took their own lives.

by Anonymousreply 87May 23, 2017 4:57 PM

I knew a guy that immediately moved away right after his wife died from cancer. Dropped a lot of his local friends that knew them both. During her whole illness, he worked overtime and did everything he could to stay the hell away from her. And they had a good marriage before.

People don't think, a lot of times when somebody dies it has been years of problems and all people want to do is get the hell away from it and move on. They're done. People may think that's "denial," but I think it's a survival instinct to want to stay away from sick and troubled people. Many people stifle it because it's not very nice, but some people just follow their instincts. I've seen it over and over.

I can guarantee the family is sitting at home traumatized, and he just wants to get out of the house and away from the drama. That's probably why they didn't fire him sooner, he wanted to work and they didn't want bad publicity attaching itself to the movie. But they couldn't afford to let him wreck the movie, no matter how sorry they felt for him.

She was probably depressed for years, nothing worked, and he was sick of it. People don't talk about the emotional fatigue people feel helping someone else get through a long illness, but it's very real. If you're well, you don't want to be drowning in someone else's illness all the time, for years on end. I've been on both sides of that.

by Anonymousreply 88May 23, 2017 5:05 PM

[quote]But they couldn't afford to let him wreck the movie, no matter how sorry they felt for him.

honey they crossed that bridge when they decided to let him shoot it

by Anonymousreply 89May 23, 2017 5:08 PM

Rogue One was significantly altered in reshoots (go back an watch the trailers, almost none of it is in the movie). I don't know what the plan is for JL reshoots though.

by Anonymousreply 90May 23, 2017 5:12 PM

These movies sound like a nightmare for everyone involved including the audience yet they keep cranking them out. Affleck is on his last legs by the looks of things. Also why does Snyder have so many damn kids.

by Anonymousreply 91May 23, 2017 5:14 PM

When did Snyder say or do something that was homophobic.

by Anonymousreply 92May 23, 2017 5:18 PM

Many people felt "300" was homophobic, and Snyder basically admitted that was true

[quote]The director says that the film’s (homo)sexual undertones were intended to make young straight males in the audience uncomfortable, because “What’s more scary to a 20-year-old boy than a giant god-king who wants to have his way with you?”

by Anonymousreply 93May 23, 2017 5:27 PM

300 is simultaneously homophobic and colossally gay. Snyder's aesthetic is sort of built around that kind of cognitive dissonance. I had posted before how Batman V Superman can easily be interpreted as a metaphor for repressed homoerotic desire.

The man is most likely not professionally homophobic considering his casting of Ezra Miller for Flash. And Cavill was widely rumored to be gay at the time of his casting as Superman; I distinctly remember Deadline actually went back and revised its announcement of Cavill's casting from "English Actor Henry Cavill Cast" to "Macho English Actor Henry Cavill Cast."

by Anonymousreply 94May 23, 2017 5:36 PM

Read the fucking headline, R77:

[quote]Zack Snyder reveals suicide of daughter, 20.

by Anonymousreply 95May 23, 2017 5:43 PM

[quote]When did Snyder say or do something that was homophobic.

He took away the classic Curly Q in Superman's hairdo, r92.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 96May 23, 2017 6:12 PM

You're a dick, R14. Everyone grieves differently. You are criticizing a man who lost a child for not grieving in a time frame which you approve of. Get the fuck over yourself and STFU. Work and any other distraction can be a blessing when you are otherwise consumed by thoughts of recent loss.

by Anonymousreply 97May 23, 2017 6:16 PM

[quote]Kevin Feige has spoken positively about it, publicly at least. If anything they probably appreciate the optics, someone from Marvel going over to try to make DC better. It just makes them look good.

The people who do the actual comic books are always friendly with each other. Before DC moved its offices to Burbank, the editorial staffs would socialize together and had an annual softball game.

This "us vs them" thing is more something fans do, for whatever reason. I wish more people understood that having two healthy companies can be good for the industry, rather than obsessing over box office and units sold.

by Anonymousreply 98May 23, 2017 7:22 PM

It should be KILLED THERESELF.

by Anonymousreply 99May 23, 2017 7:50 PM

Or DONE KILT THEIRSELFS, if you're a Southerner.

by Anonymousreply 100May 23, 2017 10:41 PM

OK this was the daughter of Snyder and his ex-wife Denise

This is so confusing

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101May 23, 2017 11:04 PM

I wonder if she accidentally OD'd. I wrote in the Chris Cornell thread about my horrible experiences with Ativan. I also recently remembered my doctor telling me something right after Heath Ledger died. He said that it wasn't that uncommon for people to accidentally OD. He said that certain drugs, especially when combined with small amounts of alcohol, or other drugs, can dramatically affect a person's breathing, to the point where they stop breathing, and die in their sleep. He also told me that some of these drugs cause the patient to go into some sort of fugue, or a dissociative state, and while in that state, the patient may cause themselves harm, or take more meds, resulting in death.

by Anonymousreply 102May 24, 2017 2:08 AM

[quote]And not to be frauish but it's impossible to snark about someone's kid committing suicide.

That never stopped anybody on DL. Or anybody anywhere else.

[quote]The people who do the actual comic books are always friendly with each other. Before DC moved its offices to Burbank, the editorial staffs would socialize together and had an annual softball game.

Many of them also work for both companies. Lots of cross-pollination between Marvel and DC.

by Anonymousreply 103May 24, 2017 3:57 AM

Zack Snyder is extremely hot, but has he ever directed any other than dark fascistic nonsense? I'd rather Joss Whedon directed: he at least has a sense of humor.

by Anonymousreply 104May 24, 2017 4:04 AM

Isn't he the one who was rumoured to be a major lay-about, with his wife being the one who actually had the ideas and even wrote the scripts? There were two people attached to that, and I thought he was one.

If it was the first wife, that would explain a lot.

by Anonymousreply 105May 24, 2017 4:08 AM

Zack nor his wife write scripts.

by Anonymousreply 106May 24, 2017 4:22 AM

Whedon and marvel had a falling out, he even deleted his twitter over it. He was bitching that marvel treated him very unfair because he made a shitty movie and made less money than the first (made 1.4 billion compared to 1.5 billion) yes hollywood is greedy. Anyway now marvel fans hate him more and dc fans are treating him like a god. Lmao. Poor him though since his wonder woman pitch was terrible. Can't imagine his shit fan-fic writing will fix anything.

by Anonymousreply 107May 24, 2017 4:40 AM

Didn't Whedon claim he had a breakdown over Age of Ultron?

Anyway I doubt the reshoots will be significant as Jason Momoa is in the middle of shooting Aquaman, Henry Cavill is shooting Mission Impossible 6 and Gal Gadot is doing worldwide promotion for Wonder Woman.

by Anonymousreply 108May 24, 2017 11:28 AM

The problems I've heard about Justice League is that the humor feels forced and doesn't feel organic... there are also huge script problems as Affleck was allegedly doing day-of rewrites of scenes he didn't like

Ultimately I don't think the project can be "rescued" in post other than adding some more levity. The fundamental problem based on the trailers that we have seen is that it's extremely visually dark and ugly and the CGI looks like a video game. It will compare poorly coming two weeks after Thor Ragnorak which is bright and colorful.

by Anonymousreply 109May 24, 2017 11:33 AM

I wish they'd have done a solo Batman movie prior to Justice League. I think it's vital to have a full sense of who the Trinity are in order for it to be successful, and we haven't really seen Batfleck doing his thing. Marvel did four solo movies before Avengers, and even still, no one outside of Iron Man, Cap, and Thor have had solo movies since, despite people really wanting a Black Widow movie.

Still, I hope having Whedon aboard will smooth things out a little. But I think I'd rather see him try an X-Men movie, because his Astonishing X-men (in fairness, with uncredited help from Mark Waid), was awesome.

by Anonymousreply 110May 24, 2017 11:42 AM

Five solo movies (2 Iron Man, Incredible Hulk, Thor and Captain America)

by Anonymousreply 111May 24, 2017 11:54 AM

[quote]Five solo movies (2 Iron Man, Incredible Hulk, Thor and Captain America)

I don't really count Incredible Hulk, since it wasn't completely under Marvel's control, plus Hulk being recast. There didn't seem to be much that carried over to Avengers, either.

by Anonymousreply 112May 24, 2017 11:56 AM

[quote]The fundamental problem based on the trailers that we have seen is that it's extremely visually dark and ugly and the CGI looks like a video game.

What a load of crap. Sure Snyder's DC films are dark but calling them ugly is nonsense. And the effects look just fine. I've just spent close to a hundred hours playing Mass Effect Andromeda and I can assure you that Hollywood blockbusters still have tons more better CGI. Not that ME:A is the best example but still...

You wanna see bleak and lifeless? Check out the latest trailer of Universal's reboot of The Mummy, the first film in the Dark Universe franchise, a "shared classic monsters universe". Compared to The Mummy Justice League looks practically like a comedy.

"The studio revealed today that the shared universe, which kicks off with The Mummy, will also include Johnny Depp as The Invisible Man and Javier Bardem as Frankenstein’s Monster, in addition to The Mummy's Tom Cruise (Nick Morton), Russell Crowe (Dr. Jekyll), and Sofia Boutella (The Mummy). The next film in the shared universe will be Bride of Frankenstein, directed by Beauty and the Beast's Bill Condon for a February 14, 2019 release."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113May 24, 2017 12:00 PM

How many Batman movies do we need? He has had more film adaptations than any other superhero.

by Anonymousreply 114May 24, 2017 12:00 PM

Zack is hot and married to an old bag =

Zack is 'Mo!

by Anonymousreply 115May 24, 2017 12:04 PM

[quote]How many Batman movies do we need? He has had more film adaptations than any other superhero.

Batfleck isn't Christian Bale, George Clooney, Val Kilmer, nor Michael Keaton. And I prefer seeing him as the Dark Knight Detective, not the guy in the Justice League without a sense of humor. Even in the comics.

In fairness, Justice League Unlimited did manage to make him more interesting in a team setting, but that's maybe because they had a better handle on who he is.

by Anonymousreply 116May 24, 2017 12:05 PM

[quote]I don't really count Incredible Hulk, since it wasn't completely under Marvel's control

Umm yes it was. It was a Marvel Studios film distributed by Universal due to contractual obligations.

by Anonymousreply 117May 24, 2017 12:22 PM

His son has the smallest eyes ever.

by Anonymousreply 118May 24, 2017 12:40 PM

[quote]Umm yes it was. It was a Marvel Studios film distributed by Universal due to contractual obligations.

Are you sure? I honestly thought it was like Ang Lee's Hulk. I figured that was why they haven't done another solo Hulk. And apparently don't plan to in the future, either, since they're using the Planet Hulk stuff in Thor: Ragnarok.

I know Spider-Man: Homecoming is being done that way.

by Anonymousreply 119May 24, 2017 12:54 PM

Jesus Christ, yes, can't you go to Wikipedia and research this yourself? Some people are so damn helpless.

On January 18, 2006 Arad confirmed Marvel Studios would be providing the money for The Incredible Hulk's production budget, with Universal distributing,[38] because Universal did not meet the deadline for filming a sequel

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 120May 24, 2017 1:06 PM

I'm still curious about why his daughter killed herself. I still wonder about Tony Scott, nothing ever came out about why he jumped off that bridge. Back in the day Vanity Fair would publish a long article about such things usually a few months later giving all the details.

by Anonymousreply 121May 24, 2017 1:51 PM

[quote]Snyder lives in Pasadena with his second wife, producer Deborah Snyder. The couple first met in 1996, and married on September 25, 2004 at the St. Bartholomew's Episcopal Church in Manhattan, New York. Snyder has eight children. The four eldest are from a marriage to Denise Weber that ended in divorce. Two are from another relationship, with Kirsten Elin, who was his line producer on commercials for a while. Snyder and his current wife adopted two children during the course of making Man of Steel.

This is so confusing. So Autumn was Snyder's child with Denise, but she definitely had to be adopted, right? I think the four kids in R1 photo must all be from the first marriage. So he has four adopted kids total.

by Anonymousreply 122May 24, 2017 4:56 PM

What's most shocking about this is not the poor Chinese girl's suicide but that there are so many on this site who actually know myriad details about and regularly go to see ridiculous Marvel/DC/comic book hero/whatever the fuck they are movies. What the hell happened to our collective level of taste? It's like we're swimming in the cinematic swamp with all the male teenagers and breeders. I would never set foot in a movie palace unspooling one of these insulting picturs. It's embarrassing and disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 123May 24, 2017 6:07 PM

STFU R123. Go clutch your pearls somewhere else.

by Anonymousreply 124May 24, 2017 6:25 PM

LOL! R123 acts like the second coming of Edith Wharton but he is also responsible for this thread:

DISNEY STAR SUICIDE! What drives successful, hot people to do this? And I don't think it's simply depression. I think there are truly evil forces at work here. Like spiritually evil. Truth.

by Anonymousreply 125May 24, 2017 6:30 PM

The four eldest ate his biological children.

by Anonymousreply 126May 24, 2017 8:40 PM

So he fathered four children with two different women and adopted two sets of children with two different women?

He's the male Mia Farrow.

by Anonymousreply 127May 24, 2017 8:53 PM

GFY R123. And perhaps, stay in your pitiful Disney threads, as per R125 noted.

by Anonymousreply 128May 24, 2017 10:11 PM

[quote]The four eldest ate his biological children.

Oy.

by Anonymousreply 129May 25, 2017 12:38 AM

[quote] You're a dick, [R14]. Everyone grieves differently. You are criticizing a man who lost a child for not grieving in a time frame which you approve of. Get the fuck over yourself and STFU. Work and any other distraction can be a blessing when you are otherwise consumed by thoughts of recent loss.

If you want to police what people write get off Datalounge. Or skip posts that offend your not so delicate sensibilities.

Or take your own advice and get the fuck over yourself and STFU.

by Anonymousreply 130May 25, 2017 2:42 AM

Actually there's a world of difference between a lovingly crafted and inspiring Disney film and the crass, soul-destroying baseness of these dreadfully distasteful and endless comic book features. Just sayin.

by Anonymousreply 131May 25, 2017 11:31 PM

DISNEY OWNS MARVEL YOU FUCKING DUMBASS.

by Anonymousreply 132May 25, 2017 11:42 PM

Interestingly enough, R131 is a deplorable.

"Breaking: Jared Kushner under scrutiny by FBI

Our children are being blown to bits at teenage concerts but yes, by all means, let's focus all of our resources on whether yummy Jared ever met a Russian in his life."

by Anonymousreply 133May 25, 2017 11:44 PM

Lol, good catch r133.

by Anonymousreply 134May 25, 2017 11:47 PM

Pretty interesting that marvel studios has a big deplorable fan base, their raged when the suddo brothers said they wanted to introduce gay characters, it was probabaly some pathetic loser trans too though.

by Anonymousreply 135May 25, 2017 11:56 PM

Huh? That deplorable hates comic book movies like Marvel. They are a disney fanboy (ugh, what is with gays and being obsessed with Disney.

by Anonymousreply 136May 25, 2017 11:57 PM

Apparently Whedon has also been doing some script doctoring.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 137May 26, 2017 4:11 PM

[Quote] Apparently Whedon has also been doing some script doctoring.

This could be really good or really bad.

by Anonymousreply 138May 26, 2017 4:16 PM

Yes I'm sure Whedon's screenwriting skills will put The Godfather and Casablanca to shame.

by Anonymousreply 139May 26, 2017 5:02 PM

[quote]It looks like Whedon was brought on for photography and direction for a few re-shoots, but other reports suggest he’s been doing some writing for those scenes as well, sharpening some of Snyder’s dialogue.

Shitty reporting is still a hallmark of the former Gawker media, I see. Chris Terrio wrote the screenplay, Snyder only has story credit.

by Anonymousreply 140May 26, 2017 5:07 PM

Reshoots have begun

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 141June 13, 2017 10:23 PM

Whedon will be adding lots of Wonder Woman and making the film lighter.

by Anonymousreply 142June 14, 2017 6:39 AM

How do you know?

by Anonymousreply 143June 14, 2017 9:57 AM

I think an expanded Wonder Woman role is a given after her solo movie's success

by Anonymousreply 144June 14, 2017 10:40 AM

I hope we get a WW sequel. Hopefully with less slow mo.

by Anonymousreply 145June 14, 2017 2:11 PM

More reshoots photos

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 146June 14, 2017 9:41 PM

I hope they also do justice to Superman. Would it be reasonnable to ask for that ?!?

by Anonymousreply 147June 14, 2017 9:58 PM

I can't believe they're building such a big set for a reshoot

by Anonymousreply 148June 14, 2017 10:41 PM

Let's face it, Whedon is the director now, and he's probably trying to fix poor Zack's mess. My deepest sympathies to Zack-no one should have to bury their child-but the movie is in better hands now.

by Anonymousreply 149June 14, 2017 11:15 PM

Reshoots...ok, call them that but I think Whedon's fingerprints are going to be more apparent in the finished film than they are letting on. I understand why they are treading lightly due to Snyder's sad circumstances but lets get real.

by Anonymousreply 150June 14, 2017 11:16 PM

I'd rather Whedon's more comic books sensibility than the current murky, "lets-rape-Batman-and-make-Superman-a-broody-depressive."

by Anonymousreply 151June 14, 2017 11:18 PM

[quote]I don't have kids, but I lost my brother and my parents were not the same for about ten years. It nearly killed them. Two weeks seems like denial to me.

R14, are you saying your parents didn't go back to work for ten years? That seems a little excessive.

My experience of grief is that it isn't a constant. I was numb to the point of feeling anesthetized for the first week or so. After that, I experienced grief that came in waves, sometimes big ones that almost knocked me down followed by some that were not as strong; there was no way of knowing ahead of time when they were going to happen. Sometimes there were triggers -- seeing someone who looked like the person I was grieving or a movie we had enjoyed together. I stayed away from people, places and things during the worst of that time because it was easier, then I gradually returned to familiar people and places until one day I knew I'd mostly healed.

I couldn't have told my employer with any certainty that I would be okay on any given day, so two weeks or six months were pretty much the same in terms of mourning.

Snyder is fortunate because he's the boss and his interactions with co-workers and not having to deal with customers would be helpful. If he needed to go out and clear his head, he could do that. Most people don't have that kind of luxury. He may have felt he needed the structure of a work environment.

by Anonymousreply 152June 14, 2017 11:41 PM

Wow

Danny Elfman replacing Tom Holkenberg (JunkieXL) as scorer

Huge sign that movie's creative direction is being significantly altered with Joss Whedon's arrival

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 153June 15, 2017 12:06 AM

The last movie to replace its composer was Rogue One which of course also saw significant reshoots

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 154June 15, 2017 12:10 AM

I hope Elfman uses his Batman theme :)

by Anonymousreply 155June 15, 2017 12:44 AM

Comment from Holkenberg

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 156June 15, 2017 2:33 AM

[quote]Huge sign that movie's creative direction is being significantly altered with Joss Whedon's arrival

I knew this would be the case. Joss Whedon is not some no name that isn't going to attach his own touch to the movie. Obviously overall it is still Snyder's baby, but if you bring in someone like Whedon he is going to do what he can to put his own creative input in. For the best honestly, Snyder is a hack, we all know it.

by Anonymousreply 157June 15, 2017 2:37 AM

Go listen to BvS and the "sound design" (I am hard pressed to call it a 'score'). I, for one, am glad we are headed back to more traditional orchestral.

by Anonymousreply 158June 15, 2017 2:38 AM

I did not like the BVS score but Holkenberg's score for Mad Max Fury Road is one of the best action movie scores ever. And perfect for listening to for grueling drives.

by Anonymousreply 159June 15, 2017 2:47 AM

Other than the Wonder Woman theme, the score for BVS sucked.

by Anonymousreply 160June 15, 2017 6:11 AM

Looking at the comments at R156, I had no idea so many people were such fans of this guy or knew the BvS score so intimately. Are they all composers or something? Seems like such a niche thing to be obsessed with.

by Anonymousreply 161June 15, 2017 1:08 PM

r161 Holkenberg was one of the celebrity DJs back in the day. I lost track of him, but I definitely remembered him. He probably still has fans. And yes, there are 'composer' junkies who are obsessed with soundtracks (movies and e-games).

by Anonymousreply 162June 15, 2017 5:08 PM

Massive set under construction

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 163June 15, 2017 10:28 PM

Have no snark to offer. Losing a child must be the most horrific thing a parent can experience. I wouldn't even wish for trump to lose a child, and I despise him. Poor man.

by Anonymousreply 164June 15, 2017 10:45 PM

Can they do reshoots on that big a scale and still hit their release date? Rendering the CGI must take that long.

by Anonymousreply 165June 16, 2017 1:22 AM

It will without a doubt be moved to early 2018.

by Anonymousreply 166June 16, 2017 1:58 AM

They are locked to that date. They will buy out multiple VFX houses to complete it if needed. Some movies are still finishing effects shots 2 weeks before release.

This is going to be one goddamn expensive movie.

by Anonymousreply 167June 16, 2017 2:00 AM

I'm betting they're going back to the beginning on Cyborg. That's never looked good.

by Anonymousreply 168June 16, 2017 2:01 AM

Star Trek the Motion Picture literally went up to the wire in 1979, they couldn't even do screenings.

by Anonymousreply 169June 16, 2017 2:04 AM

They built the Hall of Justice where all the Superfriends are going to live. What do you think?

by Anonymousreply 170June 16, 2017 2:53 AM

Nooooo.....

JLA has an orbiting satellite.

by Anonymousreply 171June 16, 2017 2:54 AM

How will they keep their secret identities if they are all living in the same place? Do they forward their mail there?

by Anonymousreply 172June 16, 2017 3:04 AM

It is interesting to compare the DC movie universe has secret identities, which is a comic book stable, when the Marvel universe has completely ditched that concept. None of them have secret identities.

by Anonymousreply 173June 16, 2017 4:06 AM

Spider-Man certainly does.

Iron Man, Thor and Captain America did for a while in the comics, but that was dropped quite a few years ago.

by Anonymousreply 174June 16, 2017 4:11 AM

Uh just because they are changing the music in the movie and adding big sets does not mean major changes for the benefit of the movie, especially if they don't first attack the page. With so much already in the can, it is hard to make an ugly duckling a beauty.

by Anonymousreply 175June 16, 2017 4:35 AM

Joss Whedon originally was doing script re-writes. Now he is directing said pages...

by Anonymousreply 176June 16, 2017 4:38 AM

They're hiring the editor and f/x crew from SUPERMAN IV to complete the film quickly and cheaply.

by Anonymousreply 177June 16, 2017 4:59 AM

No one who understands how movies are made doesn't understand this is Snyders movie. But rather just completing Snyders vision, Whedon is adding a bit of his own vision.

by Anonymousreply 178June 16, 2017 5:01 AM

Well yes I think everyone can agree that reshoots won't save the movie. It will be interesting to see the finished product, I'm sure everyone will be trying to guess which scenes were directed by whom.

by Anonymousreply 179June 16, 2017 11:21 AM

Keep in mind that the Snyder version was already reputed to be a Frankenstein's monster to begin with, with Ben Affleck doing day-of rewrites on the script.

by Anonymousreply 180June 16, 2017 11:24 AM

R167 Exactly. CG is always done until the last possible moment. It [italic]will[/italic] be finished and polished in the end even if they have to work night and day. But it's going to cost them for sure.

by Anonymousreply 181June 16, 2017 11:26 AM

Okay, I finally saw "Wonder Woman" and I have a question: WHY ARE THEY NOT BEGGING PATTY JENKINS TO TAKE OVER "JUSTICE LEAGUE"?

She did what Snyder and the rest of the creative team involved in the DC films so thoroughly failed to do - deliver an entertaining and coherent film that audiences genuinely liked. If she's the only person on the team who has proven her ability to do that, and do that with a leading actress who can't act and who can barely speak English, then they ought to be begging her to take a bigger role in the multi-billion-dollar DC films project.

by Anonymousreply 182June 30, 2017 9:13 PM

The ship has sailed though r182 Directors, writers, actors are tied to projects planned well in advance. Warner Brothers shot themselves in the foot having Synder being the creative force in the DC movie-verse. Jenkins will do her Wonder Woman sequel and bath in the success she is getting.

by Anonymousreply 183June 30, 2017 9:28 PM

And even better, she'll have her pick of projects now.

Does anyone get the impression that the reshoots Whedon is doing are a lot more extensive than they're letting on?

by Anonymousreply 184June 30, 2017 9:29 PM

I wouldn't be surprised if half of the movie is being reshot, especially with the financial and critical success of Wonder Woman. I guarantee there will be a Snyder and Whedon cut of the movie that will come out on Blu-Ray.

by Anonymousreply 185June 30, 2017 9:34 PM

There were pictures floating around of a set that appeared to be the Hall of Justice being built, which seems like a HUGE thing to commit to for just pickup shots.

by Anonymousreply 186June 30, 2017 9:36 PM

Whedon's involvement stems from much earlier this year and Jenkins was presumedly busy finishing Wonder Woman at that time.

by Anonymousreply 187June 30, 2017 9:48 PM

Zack Snyder has removed all references to Justice League from his social media

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 188July 18, 2017 10:18 PM

Getting back to the original subject, I took two months off after my husband died. I had planned to take one, but without going into it, he was so well-liked that he had four public memorial services as well as my private one. Right after his death, there were only two public memorials planned. I told my bosses I would come back as soon as they were over, but the planners of the second one were so inefficient they delayed me an extra month, because I knew I had to get through both of them before I could function in the normal worlld. I went back to work on a Friday, so the adjustment would be easier.

Work and my dogs have kept me semi-sane ever since. I don't think Snyder was wrong to want to return to his pre-tragedy world after two weeks, but with that many kids, he had other issues to deal with than his own. Plus, Autumn might have been the canary in the coal mine. Who knows what the mental health of the other kids is now, especially since they probably have survivor's guilt too.

by Anonymousreply 189July 18, 2017 10:50 PM

I could see Snyder wanting to back away from ownership of the film if he feels like it is no longer his vision r188.

by Anonymousreply 190July 19, 2017 1:34 AM

R188) Interesting.

Even if he didn't feel it wasn't his 100%, he had a major role in the making of that film. It might be a way of slithering away from his bastard child.

by Anonymousreply 191July 19, 2017 4:10 AM

[bold]Zack Snyder's future at Warner Bros.' DC movies: Limited at best, dunzo at worst[/bold]

[quote]Zack Snyder, primary engineer of the DC Comics movie universe since Man of Steel, whose creative vision has been polarizing to say the least, will take a significantly smaller role with the franchise going forward, as will his wife, producer Deborah Snyder, Mashable has learned.

[quote]The Snyders left Justice League as director and producer in May, saying they needed time to grieve for their 20-year-old daughter, who had died by suicide two months before. Multiple sources with knowledge of Warner Bros.' plans say that as the DC Extended Universe moves forward, the Snyders will no longer have anything like the level of creative influence that got the franchise to this point.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 192July 26, 2017 10:49 AM

It is clear that superhero movies and reality TV have thoroughly dumbed down US culture. Trump would not have happened if it were not for infantilization of mass entertainment.

by Anonymousreply 193July 27, 2017 1:11 PM

R193 I don't see the connection. In fact, I think these movies will end up having a net positive effect when it comes to female roles and diversity in general. You can blame the dumbed down US culture on terrible access to (higher) education.

Plus, these movies strengthen the planetary awareness at the expense of hundreds of patriotisms, so that's always nice. They also transfer the symbolic power and authority from (American) presidents to extraterrestrials, so they make the Turd look like an impotent beta cuck that he is by comparison.

People often dismiss them as mindless drivel, but they'll have an enormous impact on younger generations regardless.

by Anonymousreply 194July 27, 2017 2:13 PM

Josh L. Dickey decided to end his career as an entertainment journalist just recently, so he shared this on Twitter:

[quote]Since I'm shifting into DGAF mode, here's a hot one for ya: Zack Snyder was fired from the DCEU just over 1 year ago. Couldn't write it ~quite~ that way at the time, but was able to tapdance around it [clumsy/oblique headline not mine]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 195February 10, 2018 9:38 PM

Not really surprised. It's awful that his daughter's suicide was what gave them cover, but you could tell he was out for other reasons.

by Anonymousreply 196February 10, 2018 9:46 PM

Snyder fans are insisting that can't possibly be true in the replies to that tweet because he'll be credited in the upcoming DCEU movies. However, that has nothing to do with him being fired or not, it's about WGA and PGA rules.

by Anonymousreply 197February 10, 2018 9:53 PM

I’ll happily try to have Zack’s butt babies to help him move on.

by Anonymousreply 198February 10, 2018 9:54 PM

I didn't understand why they didn't fire him after MOS. WB was crazy to keep hiring him to only fire him during a production of the 3rd installment.

by Anonymousreply 199February 11, 2018 4:25 AM

Yep r199. They should have pushed back Justice League and hired a new director from the start.

by Anonymousreply 200February 11, 2018 11:58 AM

R200) The studio heads didn't want to push back the release, because that would have jeopardized their bonus.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 201February 13, 2018 5:56 AM

[quote]R6 I would understand going back to work if you are not responsible for the well being of other kids, but in this case, I must say, I think he acted in a rather self-absorbed manner.

He is [italic]financially[/italic] responsible for his family, as well.

by Anonymousreply 202February 13, 2018 6:03 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!