Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Mother's Day under attack by Trans Activists

That didn't take long.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52April 23, 2018 3:00 PM

SJW Alert

by Anonymousreply 1May 15, 2017 3:25 PM

Oh brother. Sister? Sibling? What, what'd I say???

by Anonymousreply 2May 15, 2017 4:13 PM

No one is stopping people from getting together and designating a guardians day or whatever they want to call it. Retail would love having another opportunity to get people to part with their money.

Taking away Mother's Day is wrong. Why are women expected to give up a day of recognition because a group of people feel left out? These people need to get over themselves. They're not the first and not the last to feel left out of a recognition day.

by Anonymousreply 3May 15, 2017 8:43 PM

Mentally ill men wearing dresses and wigs, getting cosmetic surgery ARE NOT WOMEN!

They can NOT GET PREGNANT AND GIVE BIRTH! Why? Because they are not women!

by Anonymousreply 4May 15, 2017 8:55 PM

Those people should go fuck themselves. Twice.

by Anonymousreply 5May 15, 2017 9:00 PM

[quote] Those people should go fuck themselves. Twice.

In which hole?

by Anonymousreply 6May 15, 2017 9:06 PM

All respect to the transgendered, but this kind of "everyone has its own self-defined sex and you'd better know what it is in advance and disrespect yourself in the process" shit is just silly.

And silliness delivered with threats and hissing are counter-productive to understanding.

In other words, please install a vagina so we can kick you in it, assholes.

by Anonymousreply 7May 15, 2017 9:09 PM

What exactly is objectionable about females pushing babies out of their wombs and being mothers to kids? And being valued for that?

by Anonymousreply 8May 15, 2017 9:32 PM

Just when I thought Q were the new Assholes of the Year, the T come back to outridiculize both Q and T.

They need to die.

by Anonymousreply 9May 15, 2017 9:35 PM

Women (who've reproduced) will be protected in this instance because Mother's Day is so lucrative. Corporations love to pinkwash themselves with the trans, but not when it affects their bottom line.

by Anonymousreply 10May 15, 2017 9:37 PM

Damn! Gays need to part ways from the alphabet or it will be the end of us.

by Anonymousreply 11May 15, 2017 9:40 PM

Isn't LG sounding better by the day? We can wish them well (which is far more than they wish for us), but it's time to cut BTQIs loose. Their agendas are not ours. They never were, nor ever will/can be. We've carried them long enough. We've lost enough hard-earned LG progress because of them. If they want to be empowered, let them make some effort to do the work. Enough has been too much!

by Anonymousreply 12May 15, 2017 9:49 PM

To the insane video maker in the article: your son has a mother. You are not it.

by Anonymousreply 13May 15, 2017 9:50 PM

ICAM, r12. But how do we cut them loose when they insist on clinging to us like barnacles?

by Anonymousreply 14May 15, 2017 9:52 PM

Grab the by the faux pussy gash and send them in the opposite direction?

by Anonymousreply 15May 15, 2017 9:54 PM

Although this is probably a beat up as I can't imagine most trans people genuinely care one way or another about this, the few who do can shove it up their ass. Until you have raised a child and done all the hard work that a mother does, and my mother worked damn hard, they can stop feeling entitled. If you lived as a man, raised children as their father, accepted Father's Day gifts and then, when the kid is 19, switched to female its too late to want the accolades for job you did not do now.

by Anonymousreply 16May 15, 2017 9:59 PM

Mother's Day will never go away. Get used to it.

by Anonymousreply 17May 15, 2017 10:11 PM

So, they were mute circa Father's day, but they want to bitch and moan about how exclusionary and triggering Mother's Day is. This is just more evidence to me that the current trans community is motivated in large part by misogyny.

by Anonymousreply 18May 15, 2017 10:14 PM

I really don't think most trans are misogynists. The current crop active in social media are deranged, however. Just another triggered special interest group with too much time on their hands.

by Anonymousreply 19May 15, 2017 10:18 PM

The thing who made the video...you just have to look at it. PTI.

by Anonymousreply 20May 15, 2017 10:19 PM

Any or all, R6. I don't care as long as I don't have to watch or hear them talk about it while being forced to pretend they're as much anactual woman as my mom and sisters.

by Anonymousreply 21May 15, 2017 10:20 PM

One hardly ever hears a peep from trans 'men' whereas trans 'women' seem to squawk about their victimization and outraged ladyfeelz 24/7.

by Anonymousreply 22May 15, 2017 10:21 PM

Some of them. Others are very busy blending in.

by Anonymousreply 23May 15, 2017 10:22 PM

At the same time, R22, MTFs have this weird narrative claiming FTMs somehow dominate the entire movement and loudmouth MTFs are marginalized. It's ridiculous. Even FTMs with famous parents don't get a lot of attention. MTF activists say they weren't socialized male (ha!) and don't have male privilege, but FTMs somehow absorbed male privilege when most of them were abused for being lesbians. Reversals on top of reversals.

by Anonymousreply 24May 15, 2017 10:32 PM

R19 the only MTF I know is very misogynistic. I've always liked her but I've now been turned off. To desperately want to belong to a group of people for most of your life and then be received with open arms, as her female friends did, only to discover that she secretly looks down on them was quite surprising. Most of her female friends have since cut her off, horrified by her clear dislike of women, which she denies but is obvious to everyone else. Of course, their refusal to put up with her bullshit now makes her even more self righteous and indignant saying their failure to support her just proves her point. I've had to withdraw from her life because she's so utterly bitter. And I use "she and her" lightly because I've only ever known men to think like she does.

by Anonymousreply 25May 15, 2017 10:35 PM

Why don't these trans people shut the fuck up? The whole goddamned world centers around them! I am so sick of their whining, their complaining, their utter selfishness. Don't they have anything better to do with their lives than to "degender" Mother's Day?

I'm a gay man and am as liberal as they come, but I've had my fill of this movement's demands. Why are we required to accommodate their every whim?

Drop the "T" and set us free!

by Anonymousreply 26May 15, 2017 10:44 PM

Perhaps this self-absorbed twit might want to think about honoring their own mother on Mother's Day rather than trying to make it all about themselves and dictate how everyone else should chose to honor their own parents. Apparently they have kids so why not leave it up to their own kids to decide how they want to honor them as parents?

My parents are both gone and I don't have kids myself so I'm excluded from the whole Mother's/Father's Day thing too. That's life. I honored them when I had them and I have zero interest in celebrating myself with some absurd Guardian's Day because I have a pet or am good with houseplants.

How stupid.

by Anonymousreply 27May 15, 2017 10:53 PM

Apparently, there is already a Parent's day on July 23rd (2017). That seems to leave gender and sex out of it, so why get so angry or triggered by Mother's or Father's day?

by Anonymousreply 28May 15, 2017 11:01 PM

Why do trans hate real women?

by Anonymousreply 29May 15, 2017 11:03 PM

r27, this one. does. by encouraging trans youth to call him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30May 15, 2017 11:05 PM

Every anti-trans thread is deflection from whatever incredibly stupid thing Trump did today.

by Anonymousreply 31May 15, 2017 11:06 PM

I love how OP linked to a right wing site and instead of complaining about that you whine about trans people.

Why are you guys rolling in right-wing faux outrage?

by Anonymousreply 32May 15, 2017 11:14 PM

So the OP links to a trashy libtard website where a few narcissistic trans folk mistakenly bitch about the oppression of Mother's Day, then that is mistakenly interpreted as an entire community's outrage, and then the DL libtards equal the SJWs in their righteous indignation.

It's a beautiful thing.

by Anonymousreply 33May 15, 2017 11:19 PM

R33 the fact that you use the word "libtard" proves that you are one of the low information voters who gave us a Trump presidency.

Right-wingers like you are the ones stewing in righteous indignation, based on what ONE trans person said about a pointless holiday.

by Anonymousreply 34May 15, 2017 11:26 PM

Wrong on so very many counts, R33. You and I are making the exact same point.

by Anonymousreply 35May 16, 2017 12:04 AM

I meant R34. Christ, it's late.

by Anonymousreply 36May 16, 2017 12:05 AM

Oh shit didn't realize it was a right wing site. The article was sent to me via a friend.

by Anonymousreply 37May 16, 2017 12:31 AM

R37 is OP

by Anonymousreply 38May 16, 2017 12:31 AM

I hope Trump resigns and Mike Pence outlaws transgenderism. They'd all totally deserve it.

by Anonymousreply 39May 16, 2017 12:36 AM

R39 It's adorable you think he'd stop at transgenderism.

by Anonymousreply 40May 16, 2017 12:55 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41May 16, 2017 1:14 AM

And you thought YOU had issues...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42May 16, 2017 1:16 AM

Drop the L and T. Not interested in Kellyanne's Pussy, Ellen's Pussy, or Caitlyn's new Pussy.

by Anonymousreply 43May 16, 2017 1:28 AM

I don't think that having ones head up one's ass counts a giving birth to oneself r42

by Anonymousreply 44May 16, 2017 1:29 AM

LGBT organizations should not be working to chip away at female spaces and female rights.

CBC (Canada):

Two feminists are warning the Senate's legal and constitutional affairs committee that passing the federal transgender rights bill could threaten the existence of exclusively "female-born" women's spaces, like rape crisis centres, a controversial argument that has ignited a debate over who should call themselves a woman.

"We are worried that this well-intentioned legislation will be used to undermine the rights of women and the crucial work of women's groups," Hilla Kerner, a collective member of the Vancouver Rape Relief and Women's Shelter, told the Red Chamber committee studying Bill C-16.

"What we are saying is: If you were born a female, you are doomed. You are doomed in our society to be second-class. You do not have the privilege of growing as a male and have a choice to choose to be a woman. Surely, you cannot say these are the same thing..."

Kerner's organization blocked a post-operative trans woman, Kimberly Nixon, from volunteering as a front-line rape counsellor because they said she did not have adequate "life experience" to relate to women fleeing violence perpetrated by men, an argument Kerner repeated at committee.

"Female-born women and people who were born male and self-identify as women have different life experiences. I don't know what it means to 'feel like a woman' — I know what it is to be a girl and to be a woman, and the experiences and the feelings I have because I am a woman," Kerner said.

"We know the embarrassment of having our clothes stained with blood from our period, the anxiety of facing an unwanted pregnancy and the fear of being raped, and we know the comfort of grouping with other women..."

Kerner said because her organization does not house trans women in its shelter they have been the subject of a "witch hunt" by some activists.

"The BC Federation of Labour just instructed all their affiliated unions to boycott [us] and we're the oldest rape crisis centre in Canada. And that's the danger of the legislation: it is not explicitly expressing the rights of women to organize."

Devon MacFarlane, the director of Rainbow Health Ontario, an organization that fights for better health-care outcomes for the LGBT community, batted away those assertions Thursday during his testimony. "I don't think this erodes women's rights. Trans women are women," he said. "Transition shelters and houses have been working with trans women for many, many years, and it's something that, aside from the Nixon case, hasn't come forward in law as a concern."

(After a 12-year legal battle, the B.C. Court of Appeal ultimately ruled in the Nixon case that Vancouver Rape Relief was entitled to maintain its "women-only" policy.)

If passed, Bill C-16 would make it illegal to discriminate on the basis of gender identity or expression, and amends the Criminal Code to extend hate speech laws to add protections for trans people.

Critically, the bill also amends the sentencing principles section of the code so that a person's gender identity or expression can be considered an aggravating circumstance by a judge during sentencing. Some feminists find these developments troubling because Justice Minister Jody Wilson-Raybould has been reluctant to define what they call "vague" terms.

"This language is a big problem because it treats gender as a personal choice. It treats gender as though it's the clothes that I wear or my makeup or my behaviour or the way we sit," Meghan Murphy, a writer and the founder of the website Feminist Current, told senators.

Murphy, and some other feminists, have argued that gender is a social construct. A girl may be socialized to wear pink, have an interest in fashion and wear high heels, but those interests are not inherent, she said.

"Women are still an oppressed class of people in this country and in this world, and that's solely due to biology."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45May 16, 2017 1:30 AM

R40, are you writing from 1950?

While there is still too much ignorance about LGB issues, many women understand or are coming to understand the vast difference between gay and transgender.

Gay has no impact on female lives while the same can't be said about noxious transgender ideology.

by Anonymousreply 46May 16, 2017 1:37 AM

You can make an argument for anything, r46. If you think mainstream thinks gay is that far removed from trans, think again.

by Anonymousreply 47May 16, 2017 3:13 PM

R47 is obsessed with how people see he/she/it

by Anonymousreply 48May 16, 2017 3:47 PM

Women know they don't have to be on the lookout for gay guys in their bathrooms and changing rooms, R47.

by Anonymousreply 49May 16, 2017 3:52 PM

[quote] You can make an argument for anything, [R46]. If you think mainstream thinks gay is that far removed from trans, think again.

Exactly why L, G and B need to leave the T behind.

[quote][R39] It's adorable you think he'd stop at transgenderism.

Whatever it takes to protect gay rights.

by Anonymousreply 50May 16, 2017 3:53 PM

[quote] I hope Trump resigns and Mike Pence outlaws transgenderism.

If he promised to leave gay rights alone I'd actually support this.

by Anonymousreply 51May 16, 2017 3:54 PM

Down the the cis!

by Anonymousreply 52April 23, 2018 3:00 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!