Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Scream Queens is cancelled

It joins 2 Broke Girls in comedy hell.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47February 6, 2019 2:46 PM

Taylor lautner killed it

by Anonymousreply 1May 15, 2017 1:14 PM

I sure hope my sweetie (Lautner) finds something else soon!!!!

by Anonymousreply 2May 15, 2017 1:16 PM

I want to say i'm surprised but....😒

by Anonymousreply 3May 15, 2017 1:17 PM

Good

by Anonymousreply 4May 15, 2017 1:18 PM

Everyone knew this was coming. It barely got renewed the first time, and then the second season's ratings were even worse.

by Anonymousreply 5May 15, 2017 1:49 PM

No real loss. It was just something to have on in the background.

by Anonymousreply 6May 15, 2017 1:49 PM

Americans hate camp

by Anonymousreply 7May 15, 2017 1:54 PM

I'm going to miss Chad but Glen Powell seems to be doing well with movies. I guess Emma will go back to AHS and play another bitchy character.

by Anonymousreply 8May 15, 2017 2:01 PM

It was like the orange juice concentrate of everything terrible about AHS seasons 3-5. Not amazed that no one ever slid it into a pitcher.

by Anonymousreply 9May 15, 2017 2:02 PM

Great, now Lea is free to play Elphaba in the Wicked movie. She's on my he shoe list ahead of Ariana Grande and Miranda Cosgrove. You heard it here first.

by Anonymousreply 10May 15, 2017 2:31 PM

Can't say I'm sad or surprised.

by Anonymousreply 11May 15, 2017 2:31 PM

[quote]I sure hope my sweetie (Lautner) finds something else soon!!!!

He still got the Brit show "Cuckoo". Or was that one canceled as well?

by Anonymousreply 12May 15, 2017 2:36 PM

Cuckoo was renewed for season 4 and 5 with Taylor

by Anonymousreply 13May 15, 2017 2:37 PM

Good, it sucked.

by Anonymousreply 14May 15, 2017 3:04 PM

Lea already has a new series where she appears to be the only white person in the cast.

by Anonymousreply 15May 15, 2017 3:31 PM

R15 Who keeps trying to make her happen?

by Anonymousreply 16May 15, 2017 3:46 PM

At least it's not Ryan Murphy this time.

by Anonymousreply 17May 15, 2017 3:48 PM

Lea, diva bitch that she is who even manages to annoy me with every red carpet appearance...is a talent though. She played both Rachel Berry and Hester perfectly.

by Anonymousreply 18May 15, 2017 3:50 PM

Season 1 was hilarious. It wasn't meant to be driven by a cohesive plot other than horror movie cliches. It was a stage for the script writers' elaborate humor. A lot of the best lines happened so fast you had to be quick to catch them. The costuming was perfect. The pop culture references were priceless. Dumb viewers wouldn't be able to keep up. I didn't watch season 2. Interest just kind of fizzled out. But the show in general wasn't at all on par with '2 Broke Girls'. It's weird to me that 'Scream Queens' would get flak when TV is full of stupid shows like 'Big Bang Theory' and 'New Girl'. The show was a work of genius in comparison.

by Anonymousreply 19May 15, 2017 3:50 PM

I wondered when Murphy's shows would finally hit saturation. I was afraid television was going to be all Murphy or Shonda Rhimes all of the time. Hate both, though I watched Feud.

by Anonymousreply 20May 15, 2017 3:52 PM

Was I the only one who thought Feud was just alright?

by Anonymousreply 21May 15, 2017 3:56 PM

I wanted to love it r19, love black comedies, but I thought the execution could have been better. There were some parts that really made me laugh, but some aspects that fell flat (the main character and drama with her boyfriend and father, which is why I guess they got rid of them for season 2).

I started season 2, but honestly I stopped watching around when Chad died.

by Anonymousreply 22May 15, 2017 3:57 PM

Emma Roberts was a standout with her performance. Only the trouble is: Nobody likes Emma Roberts and her diva crazy attitude (including reports of her beating up her boyfriend Evan Peters who took her back after that).

Her character's Chanel-O-Ween, or whatever it was called, clips (a spoof of some Taylor Swift fan appreciation clip) are hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 23May 15, 2017 4:05 PM

Nah, Glen Powell and Niecy Nash ran away with that show r23. Easily.

Emma Roberts was perfectly fine, but honestly I was hoping for more. I figured she was born to play that role and would really do something great with it.

by Anonymousreply 24May 15, 2017 4:08 PM

The first 2 episodes of season one were brilliant. Why couldn't they keep it going?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 25May 15, 2017 4:15 PM

The show jumped the shark when they killed off the Rhodes Bros

by Anonymousreply 26May 15, 2017 4:16 PM

I thought the first season was hilarious and fun. I haven't seen season two yet.

by Anonymousreply 27May 15, 2017 4:59 PM

Missed opportunity. I wanted to love it, but only kind of liked it.

I haven't finished all of season two ...........I think the Swamp Thing episode was the last one I saw.

by Anonymousreply 28May 15, 2017 5:28 PM

It was pretty obvious it was going to be cancelled when the leads starting taking gigs with other networks. I wonder why they waited so long to confirm it?

Emma Roberts is a limited actress who can only play a one-note, nasty bitch convincingly and it's debatable how much acting is going on there. Her character was absurd and narcissistic and the show played to that strength but even that was not enough to sustain it because she has limited charisma and often over delivered her lines. The rudeness of an over-the-top, nasty character can be amusing but it wears thin when there is little nuance to back up the delivery.

Focusing the show so heavily on the Chanels the second season did it in - they were just not interesting enough and the plot was super weak. Maybe if they had switched it up with more new characters and did a true anthology series like American Horror Story (AHS), it might have had a chance at a third season. I think it got put on the back burner to focus on Feud, American Crime Story and AHS which was a wise decision but ultimately did it in.

Jamie Lee Curtis, Glen Powell and Niecy Nash were bright spots in a so-so cast. I even liked Billie Lourd although the verdict is out on whether she can do anything outside of Scream Queens. I'm not a Lea Michele fan but she often surprised me and stole a lot of scenes.

by Anonymousreply 29May 15, 2017 10:51 PM

[quote]Americans hate camp

No, Americans hate bad shows. They love American Horror Story and Feud. Fuck off.

by Anonymousreply 30May 18, 2017 9:02 PM

[quote]Was I the only one who thought Feud was just alright?

No. It's was terrible.

by Anonymousreply 31May 18, 2017 9:03 PM

Too ridiculous to be even scary.

by Anonymousreply 32May 18, 2017 9:10 PM

[quote]No, Americans hate bad shows.

If that were true, the cast of [italic]Fuller House[/italic] would be collecting unemployment.

by Anonymousreply 33May 18, 2017 9:30 PM

The Big Bang Theory wouldn't exist if Americans hate bad shows.

by Anonymousreply 34May 18, 2017 9:38 PM

I mourn the chance to see Glen Powell nearly naked as often as possible, but that's about it. Oh, plus it has Oliver Hudson, who is also hot. But I am sure Ryan Murphy will use them on his other shows. He knows how to make use of a hot piece of man ass.

by Anonymousreply 35May 18, 2017 9:41 PM

R35 Glen Powell might end up in some sitcom. Don't think he really has the acting chop to do serious drama.

by Anonymousreply 36May 18, 2017 11:17 PM

R36 He played John Glenn in "Hidden Figures."

by Anonymousreply 37May 18, 2017 11:25 PM

R37 Call me when he has a starring role in a big budget movie.

by Anonymousreply 38May 18, 2017 11:27 PM

Americans hate gay camp.

And that's why it was cancelled.

by Anonymousreply 39May 19, 2017 1:39 AM

It lost ratings and was cancelled because they ran out of plot ideas and structured the show too much around boring leads (Emma Roberts, Billie Lourd and Abigail Breslin).

You could tell even the writers and producers weren't into it during season 2 - they were phoning it in too and seemed to have lost interest in their own show. I don't blame them. They are much more interesting Ryan Murphy projects to work on (Feud, ASH, ACS).

by Anonymousreply 40May 20, 2017 5:42 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41February 6, 2019 12:44 PM

I liked season two better than one

by Anonymousreply 42February 6, 2019 12:48 PM

If Murphy is proposing a Scream Queens (a critical and commercial flop) revival, then that doesn't bode well for his upcoming slate of Netflix shows. Also, the supporting actors (Niecy Nash, Glen Powell) were the highlight of SQ, not Emma, Billie and Lea.

At any rate, if Murphy wants to reboot of one of his previous shows, it should be Popular. But evidently, he has PTSD related to that series and doesn't even include it on his resume.

by Anonymousreply 43February 6, 2019 2:01 PM

[quote]Americans hate camp

If it's trying too hard, then it's not camp, it's just trying too hard.

by Anonymousreply 44February 6, 2019 2:39 PM

2 Broke Girls was one of the worst things I had ever seen.

by Anonymousreply 45February 6, 2019 2:41 PM

R45: True. I watched a clip and didn't laugh once. Why does Warner Bros. make such terrible sitcoms? They're almost as bad as Disney Channel sitcoms but with adults in them instead.

by Anonymousreply 46February 6, 2019 2:43 PM

[quote]But evidently, he has PTSD related to that series and doesn't even include it on his resume.

Wasn't that produced by a division of Gisnep, whoops I mean Disney?

by Anonymousreply 47February 6, 2019 2:46 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!