Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Tim Allen's 'Last Man Standing' Canceled at ABC

Ding dong, the prick is dead.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58May 15, 2018 1:18 AM

It's Obama's fault, you know.

by Anonymousreply 1May 10, 2017 11:27 PM

If they don't make another [italic]Toy Story[/italic] movie, does that mean he'll have to go back to his old job of selling drugs?

by Anonymousreply 2May 10, 2017 11:30 PM

Never heard of it.

by Anonymousreply 3May 10, 2017 11:30 PM

Too little, too late. It's already in syndication.

It will be on somewhere forever.

by Anonymousreply 4May 10, 2017 11:33 PM

I'll be too busy watching something more sophisticated, R4, like a [italic]Small Wonder[/italic] rerun.

by Anonymousreply 5May 10, 2017 11:36 PM

Is he a republican?.

by Anonymousreply 6May 11, 2017 12:10 AM

Good. I hate him

by Anonymousreply 7May 11, 2017 12:19 AM

I always liked the actress who played his wife. I'm glad she had a long acting job.

by Anonymousreply 8May 11, 2017 12:20 AM

Good riddance to that Right wing rubbish

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9May 11, 2017 12:23 AM

He was funny in Galaxy Quest.

by Anonymousreply 10May 11, 2017 12:38 AM

I think the ratings were decent (for a Friday, anyway), but that it just got too expensive.

by Anonymousreply 11May 11, 2017 1:27 AM

Surprised he hasn't posted anything (political) on Twitter about the cancellation.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12May 11, 2017 3:34 AM

He's a piece of shit. It was common knowledge he was banging his pa on the set of, ironically, For Richer or Poorer.

by Anonymousreply 13May 11, 2017 3:37 AM

What now, r13?

by Anonymousreply 14May 11, 2017 3:39 AM

They'll find him another sitcom with a slender, pretty wife 20 years his junior. The Deplorables need him.

by Anonymousreply 15May 11, 2017 3:46 AM

[quote] They'll find him another sitcom with a slender, pretty wife 20 years his junior. The Deplorables need him.

LOL, the deplorables like all the same shitty CBS sitcoms you watch too.

by Anonymousreply 16May 11, 2017 3:48 AM

Oh dear, was that still running? I blocked it out 5 years ago.

by Anonymousreply 17May 11, 2017 3:59 AM

Caught a few episodes. Wasn't a bad show. I'm still surprised it lasted this long. Didn't think people watched family sitcoms anymore.

by Anonymousreply 18May 11, 2017 4:05 AM

[quote]It will be on somewhere forever.

Based on what? Your asshole?

by Anonymousreply 19May 11, 2017 4:09 AM

He used the show to trash Obama and then they hired a black neighbor so he wouldn't seem racist. Still, the networks have gone on record for trying to reach the deplorables so I'm assuming they kicked the can on this one because it's not owned by ABC. Those shows are always easier to cancel.

by Anonymousreply 20May 11, 2017 4:14 AM

Kristallnacht

by Anonymousreply 21May 11, 2017 4:14 AM

Not a bad show? There were jokes about how all Mexican women look like maids and how white women shouldn't have to work the same lower-paid jobs as urban blacks, because blacks are "supposed" to have lesser jobs.

It was racism in sitcom form. It was vile and anyone defending it is an utter ass.

by Anonymousreply 22May 11, 2017 4:19 AM

Good ridance to this asshole. Fucking Trump supporting racist asshole.

by Anonymousreply 23May 11, 2017 4:34 AM

Deplorable and not funny.

by Anonymousreply 24May 11, 2017 4:39 AM

R22 I don't know about that. I thought the writers were liberal. In the episodes I've seen he seemed to be in on the joke.

by Anonymousreply 25May 11, 2017 5:08 AM

I guess kellyanne hagface Conway won't have anything to watch now on friday night's. To bad to fucking sad!!

by Anonymousreply 26May 11, 2017 5:17 AM

Well, his first show had him with pretty frau wife and three sons, and his second had him with a pretty frau wife and three daughters. Maybe the next time he can have a pretty frau wife and three trans children.

"My Three Trannies."

by Anonymousreply 27May 11, 2017 5:37 AM

I've never heard of this show but then I can't stand Tim Allen and wouldn't watch anything that he's in.

Is everyone in OP's picture wearing a wig? Is that what the show was about - wearing wigs?

by Anonymousreply 28May 11, 2017 5:50 AM

Tim Allen isn't much of an actor so they don't stray too far with formula for him. He was basically playing himself. I don't get why R25 would think the writers were liberal. I've seen his show a couple times and he always, always has some spiel where he uses the basic language of a Breitbart or Drudge Report and where he complains about whiny liberals.

by Anonymousreply 29May 11, 2017 6:00 AM

From the premiere:

[quote]During a conversation about his grandson’s daycare, Mike Baxter (Allen) laments that his daughter’s choice of schools is “hippie-hippie rainbow.” Fine, sure, it’s a stupid comment, but it gets worse. Mike’s daughter Kristin (Alexandra Krosney) explains to her dad that the teacher at this school “teaches sensitivity and tolerance.” Then comes Allen’s seemingly homophobic bomb: “I just don’t think your kid should go to that school,” his character Mike says, filled with disdain. “You know how that ends up: Boyd dancing on a float.”

by Anonymousreply 30May 11, 2017 6:22 AM

He's an asshole and what's worse, he's not even a funny asshole.

by Anonymousreply 31May 11, 2017 12:14 PM

He had those Duck Dynasty trash on the show which proves he's a sack of shit.

by Anonymousreply 32May 11, 2017 12:42 PM

I'm a bit disappointed. I watched Home Improvement for years, but had no idea that Tim Allen was a racist, pro-Trump cunt willing to let Russians mark their territory in his mouth and scrawny ass.

by Anonymousreply 33May 16, 2017 7:36 AM

Disgraceful Trump supporter.

by Anonymousreply 34May 16, 2017 8:00 AM

The Deplorables are up in arms and threatening to boycott ABC.

by Anonymousreply 35May 16, 2017 6:09 PM

Being Conservative has NOTHING to do with it...he's in this problem area of being too expensive to pay but not bringining in the right DEMO for Advertisers to pay his salary at ABC. He's audience is too old and doesn't bring in high value. ABC is doing away with a lot of other SHOWS who have the same problem, and they are NOW bringing over the American Idol format to generate some younger audience DEMO that they CRAVE.

Shit even the newest Shonda Rhimes show got shit canned, so it's not just him.

Sucks, but he has to learn like the rest of humanity that it really is terrible to be old and ignored.

by Anonymousreply 36May 17, 2017 12:04 AM

It was never as big a hit as their other shows like "Modern Family" and "The Middle," so it was relegated to the Friday wasteland after its first season. And none of the shows they paired with it lasted ("Malibu Country," "Cristela," "Dr. Ken.") Expectations are lower for Friday shows (they can get by with lower ratings), but I'm sure the cost of the cast, coupled with the fact that ABC did not own or produce the show, led to its demise after six seasons.

by Anonymousreply 37May 17, 2017 1:53 AM

Wait, this show has 6 FUCKING SEASONS!!! I've literally never heard of it.

I don't watch trash, guess that explains it. Anyway, ABC is seriously cleaning house, they've cancelled EVERYTHING even their only critical darling AMERICAN CRIME. Jesus.

by Anonymousreply 38May 17, 2017 1:57 AM

[quote] I'm a bit disappointed. I watched Home Improvement for years, but had no idea that Tim Allen was a racist, pro-Trump cunt willing to let Russians mark their territory in his mouth and scrawny ass.

He had plenty of experience in jail.

by Anonymousreply 39May 17, 2017 1:57 AM

Tim Allen racist? Since when?

by Anonymousreply 40May 17, 2017 2:01 AM

6 Seasons is a very good run. Didn't Home Improvement run for 8? Anyway, I was hoping they'd keep American Crime even though I felt last season was kind of meh compared to the amazing season 2.

All that said, it's amazing that shows like Modern Family and Supernatural can last as long as they have.

by Anonymousreply 41May 17, 2017 2:10 AM

Never gets old.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42May 17, 2017 2:19 AM

Somebody's butthurt at r42's link. Also, is that Markie Post next to Steven Spielberg?

by Anonymousreply 43May 17, 2017 2:28 AM

6 seasons is long enough.

by Anonymousreply 44May 17, 2017 5:52 AM

Screeching antigay Tim Allen fan-frau gets some attention:

Speculation over whether or not politics played a role in ABC’s decision to ax the show began to heat up after the May 10 announcement. After all, Allen is an outspoken supporter of President Donald Trump, and has compared being a Republican in Hollywood to “’30s Germany.”

Among those who bought into the rumors was Debbie Odom Massey, who was the executive director of the Madison-Rivergate Chamber of Commerce in Madison, Tennessee. Massey blasted her “favorite” show’s cancelation in a May 11 Facebook post, calling the decision “discrimination” and a violation of free speech.

The post reportedly read as follows:

“I can’t believe that I am supposed to be ok with shows like Grays Anatomy or Nashville or any other show that promotes LGBT blah blah blah..,WHATEVER! Cramming same sex making out into our Homes! But I can’t watch MY FAVORITE show! ‘Last Man Standing’! Talk about discrimination!!

ABC needs to listen to the majority ― not the 2% -Afraid of lawsuit? Maybe we should scream, riot, wine and create law suits against EVERYBODY that doesn’t make us feel good, then we can get our way!! ‘Last Man Standing’ also offered the counter viewpoint...it’s not like you didn’t hear the other side. It is obvious they wish to only present their views and only wish to INDOCTRINATE people. We live in a country of FREE speech, if we believe it we should practice it and not support those who suppress it!”

Though Massey appears to have deleted her post later that day, her words nonetheless sparked a firestorm of controversy. Among those to denounce the remarks was Metro Councilwoman Nancy VanReece, whose district includes Madison. VanReece told The Tennessean that she hoped Massey’s post would encourage her employers to establish a policy regarding what their employees post on social media if one was not already in place.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45May 17, 2017 9:13 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46March 30, 2018 8:10 AM

The people on his shows and movies weren't the epitome of normal.

by Anonymousreply 47March 30, 2018 8:32 AM

They're working very hard on reviving this crap.

[quote]I hear star and executive producer Allen has closed a deal to return. 20th TV is currently in conversations with other cast members as well as members of the series’ creative team, including producers, to come back. Two of the key Last Man Standing series regulars, Nancy Travis and Hector Elizondo, are tied to other multi-camera comedies at the moment. Travis stars in the upcoming Netflix comedy series The Kominsky Method while Elizondo is a lead of the pilot Guess Who Died, which is in contention at NBC.

[quote]Insiders caution there are still many deals to close and the show’s return is by no means a sure thing but there are promising signs that a seventh season is possible. Fox and 20th TV declined comment.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48May 3, 2018 7:16 PM

That crap was on the air for six years?

by Anonymousreply 49May 3, 2018 7:18 PM

....and after 6 years, its not some catastrophe for his career as the OP would lead you to believe....and its already in syndication....so no loss for Tim Allen.

On a side note, has anyone else noticed the overly dramatic thread titles that are false popping up on DL ? Is it some desperate basement dweller looking for attention or some shit stirrer looking for hits ? Its as bad as the Cruise troll.

by Anonymousreply 50May 3, 2018 7:28 PM

"Maybe we should scream, riot, wine..."

Oh, ffs....all favorite Deplorable past-times.

by Anonymousreply 51May 3, 2018 7:44 PM

I’m surprised ABC didn’t just bring it back and put it on after Roseanne. Seemed like the obvious business decision to me. When this Deplorablemania crap flames out in a few years, you cancel them both and move on.

by Anonymousreply 52May 3, 2018 8:09 PM

Tim Allen is an asshole. I’ve met him, and cannot stand the guy. One of the most pompous, arrogant cunts who I have ever met.

by Anonymousreply 53May 3, 2018 10:34 PM

Allen’s a fucking piece of shit. He needs to crawl into a hole and die.

by Anonymousreply 54May 3, 2018 11:26 PM

You just know that Allen is anti-gay because of all the dick he sucked in prison.

by Anonymousreply 55May 4, 2018 12:53 AM

Wait- that makes you anti-gay R55?

by Anonymousreply 56May 4, 2018 1:54 AM

It's always funny to me when low life felons/drug dealers/drug abusers and/or shitty parents/spouses are Republicans who talk about the moral decay of America as if THEY themselves didn't contribute to it.

Alana Stewart is another one who comes to mind. Like how dare you claim to be a Republican for any other reason than being a greedy, racist bitch, because you sure as hell failed as a mother and wife. You raised ne'er-do-wells: A couple of drug-addicts with one of them making a mockery of marriage(s) and a girl who had a one-night-stand and got pregnant, but please, tell us how America has gone downhill, but families like yours aren't an example of that fact.

by Anonymousreply 57May 4, 2018 2:04 AM

Teaser is out...

...if you can stomach it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58May 15, 2018 1:18 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!