Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Have you ever considered suicide?

I'm seriously thinking about it nowadays and wondering if you ever considered or even tried taking your own life? If so ... what was your reason?

by Anonymousreply 16January 20, 2018 2:20 AM

You go first, OP. What's your reason? Are you sick or going through a bad breakup?

by Anonymousreply 1May 9, 2017 10:16 PM

I think about it at least once a day. Obviously, I'm too chickenshitted to do it.

by Anonymousreply 2May 9, 2017 11:46 PM

Call a suicide hotline. Find a counselor . Try an anti-depressant.

Life is too short as it is.

Hugs, OP.

by Anonymousreply 3May 10, 2017 3:34 AM

Thought about it many times, and attempted it once several years ago when when I was broke, homeless and drug addicted. Obviously I survived, and life has greatly improved.

I don't mean to sound trite, but situations do get better. I don't know what's going on with you in your life OP, but I wish you all the best.

by Anonymousreply 4May 10, 2017 4:54 AM

[quote] situations do get better

Not all the time. Unless you mean that you come to acceptance of the situations and their worsening.

by Anonymousreply 5May 10, 2017 5:04 AM

"I don't mean to sound trite, but situations do get better."

Except when they don't. And you don't sound trite. You sound mean. And dishonest. Or maybe just stupid.

by Anonymousreply 6May 10, 2017 11:59 AM

Don't call a hotline, they will call the cops and then the cops show up and demand you get in an ambulance and then you go to the hospital and are held involuntarily for 48 hours and then released with a $10,000 or more hospital bill. that your insurance will balk at paying because you didn't pre-approve the admission.

This actually happens, hotlines must report you if they believe you will harm yourself.

by Anonymousreply 7May 10, 2017 2:22 PM

[quote]Don't call a hotline, they will call the cops and then the cops show up and demand you get in an ambulance and then you go to the hospital and are held involuntarily for 48 hours and then released with a $10,000 or more hospital bill. that your insurance will balk at paying because you didn't pre-approve the admission.

Healthcare truly is fucked!

by Anonymousreply 8May 28, 2017 9:37 AM

OP, I have considered, but very briefly. I thought about it when I couldn't get sober. I'd had many years of sobriety, and then I relapsed during a nasty break up. Thankfully, my AA friends pulled an intervention on me, and got me into rehab. I've stayed sober ever since, and I'm really pleased I didn't hurt myself.

It could have been much worse.

by Anonymousreply 9May 28, 2017 9:14 PM

Reminded again how much people don't give a shit. Why stick around really?

by Anonymousreply 10January 20, 2018 2:02 AM

People do, R10. I hope you're alright.

by Anonymousreply 11January 20, 2018 2:05 AM

OP, As I've mentioned elsewhere:

All of the few survivors of a leap from the Golden Gate Bridge reported that the moment they let go, they regretted jumping.

by Anonymousreply 12January 20, 2018 2:07 AM

R11 thanks man.

by Anonymousreply 13January 20, 2018 2:08 AM

Yeah, lots of times.

Hope you're all good, op and R10.

by Anonymousreply 14January 20, 2018 2:11 AM

I had a tough 3 or 4 (maybe 10 years) and yes, there were fleeting thoughts. I'm late 50s. So you tend to get a perspective. One perspective was stop comparing yourself to others. Another perspective was life is fleeting already. Another perspective was to keep on trying - fight the good fight - despite the odds.

Not saying it's a walk in the park.

Don't give in. Talk to someone. Find someone with skills to lift you up and help you.

We all need help. Even the strongest, most successful people have experienced the depths of despair.

Find that light and take the step tomorrow. Reflect.

by Anonymousreply 15January 20, 2018 2:15 AM

Comfort.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16January 20, 2018 2:20 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!