Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

People / Celebs who strongly deny obvious plastic surgery

Why do they do this? This former Real Housewife was on tv last night, again denying any nose work and being vague about the lips. She's far from the only one to do it over the years. Do these people think we are going to stop believing what we see with our own eyes in lieu of their lies? Are they ashamed of what they did or something? Are they afraid of the judgement? Aren't people judged worse for lying?

I had plastic surgery before, but I am not in public, so I wouldn't openly talk about it. If someone asks, I can't deny what is right in front of their face (if they knew me from before). Plus, I think it's kind of obnoxious to claim you lost your love handles in the gym when you did it under anesthesia.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24October 17, 2019 3:13 PM

Renee Zellweger. Must be natural bitch face.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1May 9, 2017 12:10 AM

Any celebrity who tells the press they 'tried Botox once' but never again!

by Anonymousreply 2May 9, 2017 12:11 AM

If any of our medical experts click on this thread, would you be so kind to explain how Kim Zolciak's eyes appear so much bigger in the after photo? Sure, the makeup is different, but not different enough to make them look almost twice their original size. A breakdown of what she did would be most appreciated.

TIA

by Anonymousreply 3May 9, 2017 12:20 AM

Kim Zolciak is only 38! In the "after" photo, she does look younger but also less human. She looks like she's trying to be the Barbie to go with that guy who wants to look like Ken.

by Anonymousreply 4May 9, 2017 12:35 AM

The celebrity storyline is always the same, deny plastic surgery, tell everyone you never work out and you can eat whatever you want, and you never sweat or poop.

Effortless "perfection". It bores me to death.

by Anonymousreply 5May 9, 2017 12:38 AM

Kim Slutziak and her whore daughter are THE worst wastes of skin on this planet. Awful whores.

by Anonymousreply 6May 9, 2017 12:41 AM

Star Jones said she lost all that weight through 'pilates'. Joy Behar served her ass on a platter on The View over that.

by Anonymousreply 7May 9, 2017 12:52 AM

I have no idea what you mean OP. What's this Botox you speak of?

by Anonymousreply 8May 9, 2017 12:53 AM

I think Kim has used some filter on that photo - but yes, she's gone beyond fake with ANOTHER nose job and wayyyy too much cheek and lip filler.

Jennifer Anniston falls in this camp - she denies plastic surgery, but nobody looks like that at 48.

by Anonymousreply 9May 9, 2017 12:54 AM

I've learned so much reading the comments in articles about Ivanka Trump's appearance. For instance, I always thought when someone sprouted cheekbones when before there were none, they had implants. From Ivanka observers I learned about buccal fat removal. More common than cheek implants. Just take those fat pads out (they are actually more vertical than pad shaped) and you have instant cheek hollows. Ivanka obviously had a chin implant, and her lower face is still teensy tiny compared to her upper face, but now she's defined. One byproduct of buccal pad removal is it might affect speech as their purpose isn't 100% known but it's thought might help lubricate jaw movement and make speech smooth. Ivanka has a totally different face from her "modeling" days, when she was chinless and had a round face.

At one time Sharon Osborne let loose about performers who don't admit plastic surgery, and along the way she mentioned Michelle Pfeiffer's surgeon. Pfeiffer had a fit and Osborne had to take it back. Which was so ridiculous because the face lift was more than obvious.

I'm old enough to have seen a few stars transition from young, effortlessly hot All American type to tons of plastic surgery. It's always the same. When they're young, they claim they don't see what the fuss was about. Michelle Pfeiffer, for example, said she always thought she looked like a duck (even though at the time she was hand waving the importance of looks, she'd already had a nose job). These are the type of actresses who can't be bothered worrying about how they look, blah blah blah. First sign of age, they are the first to try to hang on with a vise like grip, getting everything under the sun done to their face while denying it like crazy. Just as they are losing their looks is the time they will start asserting how beautiful they are. Michelle Pfeiffer suddently started mentioning in interviews that it took her a long time to come to terms with being "stunningly beautiful."

Saw a decent youtube interview with Courtney Cox where she talks about how bad she looked when she was overdoing the plastic surgery, and how she was trying to stay ahead of the aging process, but you can't. Her plastic surgery didn't surprise me because she's always been type A. She looks much better now that she's eased up, but I wish she'd go back to her former lips. She's just not a fat lip person. Thinner lips are her.

I think Aniston overdoes the filler so she's lost her cheekbones and just has a puffy face. She destroyed her skin by baking it in the sun, which she still seems to do, even though she now throws on a visor. She still scorches the skin on her chest, which no woman should do, let alone an actress. Christie Brinkley has said if there's one thing she would undo it is how much she baked in the sun because there's only so much that can be done to reverse that.

by Anonymousreply 10May 9, 2017 12:58 AM

R3 - she used some app - I think it is "face tune" and enlarged her eyes and smoothed her skin. Pretty much 90% of what you see on instagram goes through face tune (millennial photoshop)

by Anonymousreply 11May 9, 2017 1:31 AM

I don't understand WHY they deny it though... when it is so obvious.

I don't mind telling people what I did. I think it's sort of interesting from a technical perspective too.

by Anonymousreply 12May 9, 2017 1:33 AM

At a certain point, r12, it just comes off as trying to gaslight the public. So bizarre. Nicole Kidman in particular is LAUGHABLE, because she no longer bears any resemblance to the girl in Dead Calm. Frizzy, curly red hair? Gone. Ruddy, freckled Irish complexion? Gone. New nose, new lips, new teeth/gum work, new cheekbones, new forehead...it goes on and on.

Renee Zellweger is another gaslighter. It was absurd when people jumped all over Variety for writing about her total face overhaul and using it as a jumping off point for the way out-of-control plastic surgery is affecting actors' performances and casting in general. A real issue got squashed, but it needed to be aired then and still does.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13May 9, 2017 5:20 AM

Well, their gaslighting will hopefully fail with anyone who has eyes. Then again, Trump gaslit 30 million people into his bullshit, so I guess one should never underestimate the power of lying with conviction.

by Anonymousreply 14May 9, 2017 5:24 AM

Some fans are under the misapprehension that in the days of classic movies, going back to the 1930s, the industry was more forgiving about weight, but it wasn't. Even actresses who were already thin enough for film lost another 15 en route to stardom - Joan Crawford, Carole Lombard, Marlene Dietrich. I understand this is not so much for the body but to make the facial features stand out as much as possible, especially the eyes. You can see in "before" pictures they often had fuller faces, or slightly blander faces. When I read vintage interviews, in some ways it is the opposite of today. It's very common for the stars to list off all the things they have to do to stay skinny enough for film, including working out. Lots of pictures of the stars doing sit ups, for instance. The point is to make them relatable and tell fans life isn't as glamorous as it looks. Then when I watch some of the movies, the attitude towards a woman not watching her weight is a little severe, and staying in shape is taken very seriously. There's even a very bad Myrna Loy, William Powell movie where they are doing sit ups and leg lifts with their little daughter, and the girl says it hurts to keep her legs straight during the toe touching exercise, and Myrna says "It's supposed to!" It's a happy little family scene - it's not saying anything bad about the characters.

Maybe when the 1970s came along and everything was supposed to be natural, that's when it became popular to pretend you didn't do anything to look good. Although every autobiography I read shows even the "hippie" female stars starved themselves, were very self-critical, and were obsessed w/their own looks. So were many of the men.

by Anonymousreply 15May 12, 2017 1:04 AM

I remember Liz Taylor told Oprah she couldn't have had surgery because she was "keloid" (prone to ugly, thick scarring).

Hunty, unless you're a mullato that's a lie.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16May 12, 2017 1:11 AM

Kim and Khloe Kardashian deny plastic surgery lol I mean it's obvious they have fake asses. Kim has an obvious nose job. Khloe obviously had fat sucked out of her body and put into her butt (she lost weight everywhere else and that area got bigger)

by Anonymousreply 17May 12, 2017 1:15 AM

Kim Zolciak is a big time liar.

by Anonymousreply 18May 12, 2017 1:17 AM

Kim is a mental case.

by Anonymousreply 19May 12, 2017 1:19 AM

Kim has a whole lot more done than an ass implant. (BTW, I saw one in person in Costa Rica. I bet it photographed well, but it was so weird in person. Very think woman with thin shoulders and legs, and then these shiny cantaloupe butt cheeks that looked very 2 dimensional and plastic. )

Kim has had a damn face lift. I know a lot of people do fillers, buccal fat pad removal, botox, but you don't get that completely stiff, uncanny vally, super tight KK look without an actual facelift.

by Anonymousreply 20May 13, 2017 12:45 AM

It’s very obvious with a lot of celebrities that they have had plastic surgery. I have had a few procedures done and am glad I did them. However, I would never lie to anyone that asks if I have had enhancements to my body. I’m happy with the way that I look now, as I am more confident. I think the goal should always be to come out with a natural look. They have some amazing resource materials that can help you with your decision. This is just one of the 3 procedures I opted for, as I had chipmunk cheeks and wanted a slimmer appearance in my face to go along with the rest of my body.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21October 17, 2019 1:01 PM

My favourite is when they say they have never had plastic surgery or cut up their face. Leaving out all the other types of procedures you can get done.

by Anonymousreply 22October 17, 2019 2:06 PM

Bella Hadid! She doesn't even look like the same person.

by Anonymousreply 23October 17, 2019 2:57 PM

Renee needs to do something with those hideous eyebrows R1.

by Anonymousreply 24October 17, 2019 3:13 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!