Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The White Princess

Is anyone else watching this schlock? It's oddly compelling. Mainly because of Lady Stark's performance and the ghastly costumes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41January 7, 2019 8:31 PM

I thought the show was called The White Queen and the lead actress looks different than actress in OP

by Anonymousreply 1April 29, 2017 2:59 PM

I liked the cast from the Elizabeth Woodville and Edward series better. Max Irons was wonderful as Edward.

by Anonymousreply 2April 29, 2017 3:37 PM

I hated the White Queen and its indulgence that Elizabeth Woodville was a witch

by Anonymousreply 3April 29, 2017 5:16 PM

[quote] I hated the White Queen and its indulgence that Elizabeth Woodville was a witch

That's why it's referred to as "historical fiction".

by Anonymousreply 4April 29, 2017 5:37 PM

I'm really loving this and I was bored by The White Queen (though I loved Max Irons and his meaty thighs).

by Anonymousreply 5May 27, 2017 3:10 AM

The old Melusina ancestress story has been around for hundreds of years, R3. These people didn't invent it.

by Anonymousreply 6May 27, 2017 3:36 AM

Her mother really was accused of being a witch. Acquitted.

by Anonymousreply 7May 27, 2017 4:52 AM

My point is that there was already enough drama and scandal when Edward married Elizabeth Woodville, without bringing up something like witchcraft which couldn't really be proven

by Anonymousreply 8May 27, 2017 5:19 AM

Philippa Gregory is just so dire, I can't bring myself to watch.

by Anonymousreply 9May 29, 2017 1:02 AM

Any of you queens still around?

Just watched the first episode and it's lovely

I know I'm late but I was waiting for it to become free on Amazon. I gave up on that clearly. As good as the season one opening

by Anonymousreply 10December 31, 2018 2:26 AM

For those of you bitching about the witchcraft angle- it's an ongoing theme in the Philippa Gregory books that this series is based on.

R1, they are 2 different series.

by Anonymousreply 11January 1, 2019 8:04 PM

'The White Princess' is not as good as 'The White Queen', and for some reason they reduced the amount of male nudity.

In the first production, almost every guy showed his ass, which was great.

But as OP said, there is a good performance from Michelle Fairley.

by Anonymousreply 12January 1, 2019 8:09 PM

Don’t we live in luxury today, compared with even the most Noble houses of England then? Plus, TV can’t communicate the damp and cold. And the stink.

And Jeremy Irons is sizzling. He’s 6’2” btw.

by Anonymousreply 13January 1, 2019 8:31 PM

Max Irons, R13.

Yes, he is 6'2.

The real Edward IV was very tall, so Max was the right height for the part.

And he was very generous about showing his ass several times in "The White Queen".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14January 1, 2019 9:25 PM

In episode 2 of the White Queen, King Henry has no lines. I feel for the actor.

by Anonymousreply 15January 1, 2019 10:02 PM

Wish King Henry didn't look so rodent like.

by Anonymousreply 16January 1, 2019 10:04 PM

More Max ass:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17January 1, 2019 10:08 PM

Thank you r17. Where is that from?

by Anonymousreply 18January 1, 2019 11:09 PM

R18, it is from one of the early episodes of "The White Queen".

Episode 1 or 2.

by Anonymousreply 19January 1, 2019 11:17 PM

Max Irons shows off his ample ass in the series "Condor" .

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20January 1, 2019 11:26 PM

How do you know she's a witch?

by Anonymousreply 21January 1, 2019 11:28 PM

Episode 2 was definitely weaker than the first one. But still very good. Jacqueta fit the wise mother archetype better than Elizabeth does I think

by Anonymousreply 22January 1, 2019 11:29 PM

R22, original, or ersatz reproduction?

by Anonymousreply 23January 1, 2019 11:35 PM

What a hoot of very non-historical drama that trailer is.

BTW Margaret of Beaufort was all of 13 when the pedo Tudor got her pregnant with Henry VII. It is wildly absurd that she is being presented as someone who appears to be 30 - not 13 years - older than Henry.

by Anonymousreply 24January 1, 2019 11:57 PM

They do spellwork in almost every episode, r21.

by Anonymousreply 25January 2, 2019 12:04 AM

R20, thanks for posting that. Max has a great ass.

And he hit the genetic lottery because he's a lot hotter than his father.

by Anonymousreply 26January 2, 2019 12:05 AM

So how is Jodie Comer in this? She was glorious in Killing Eve.

by Anonymousreply 27January 2, 2019 12:19 AM

R22, Janet McTeer was excellent as Jacquetta.

Probably the best performance in the series.

I think she received a Golden Globe nom or Emmy nom.

by Anonymousreply 28January 2, 2019 12:22 AM

She's okay r 27. No blowing me away but not bad either.

by Anonymousreply 29January 2, 2019 12:27 AM

It didn’t occur to me that there were witches on the show. I just thought it was all superstitious nonsense.

by Anonymousreply 30January 2, 2019 12:58 AM

Jacquetta and Elizabeth were accused of witchcraft -- it's in the historical accounts, and Philippa Gregory puts it in her novels.

by Anonymousreply 31January 2, 2019 1:15 AM

I can see why people thought Elizabeth was a witch. Edward did a lot of damage to his reign marrying her randomly instead of a much more practical match like with a Lancastrian or a foreign princess. And he generally was not thought to be a fool. So it would seem bizarre

by Anonymousreply 32January 2, 2019 1:20 AM

R32, there were some good things about their marriage though, and they stayed together for his whole reign.

by Anonymousreply 33January 2, 2019 1:58 AM

I'm kind of over dowager Elizabeth being trapped in the abbey. The last season had far more give and take between both sides. In this season, Margaret just seems to completely overwhelm them

by Anonymousreply 34January 6, 2019 6:05 PM

I think Margaret is most likely responsible for killing the two princes in the tower. Even though so many think it was Richard III.

I know this show hints that the older Prince survived. But they did fairly recently find the bones of two boys under some staircase or something? The Windsors refused comment.

by Anonymousreply 35January 6, 2019 6:08 PM

Why should the Windsors feel bad? They had nothing to do with that.

by Anonymousreply 36January 6, 2019 6:12 PM

Well, 36, [italic]if[/italic] they survived and [italic]if[/italic] they produced heirs, that would call into question the legitimacy of the royal line from the Tudors onwards. Not that there is anything that could be done about it.

by Anonymousreply 37January 6, 2019 6:19 PM

The Tudors were illegitimate to begin with. Owen Tudor was the bastard child of a foreign queen and welsh noble. To this day it boggles my mind people seriously entertained his claim

by Anonymousreply 38January 6, 2019 6:21 PM

Don't forget that whore Anne Boleyn!

by Anonymousreply 39January 6, 2019 8:29 PM

R25, the correct response is "She turned me into a newt."

by Anonymousreply 40January 7, 2019 7:32 PM

Jacob Collins-Levy in "The White Princess":

Flatter ass than Max Irons?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41January 7, 2019 8:31 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!