Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

"Silicon Valley" on HBO - Season 4

Premiere last night. I figured this exchange would be of interest to DL'ers:

Russ: Richard. I can tell, and as much as you want to be, you're not. It's like this. You're trying to date a woman, - but deep down in your heart you know you're gay. Deep in your soul, you know you would rather be plowing a dude!

Richard: I don't... I do... Okay, what dude?

Russ: It could be any dude, as long as you really want to fuck him. It could be a a twink, a bear, an otter, a circuit queen, a chub, a pup, a gipster, a daddy chaser, a leather man, a ladyboy, a Donald Duck.

Richard: (stammers)

Russ: Donald Duck's a gay guy who's been kicked out of the Navy.

Richard: H-How do you know so many gay things?

Russ: My grandfather just came out of the closet. Beautiful. Very inspiring.

____________ OK, so they explained "Donald Duck," but what the heck is a gipster?

by Anonymousreply 63December 10, 2019 12:55 AM

No responses? I love this show. Best comedy on TV right now.

by Anonymousreply 1April 29, 2017 12:42 AM

Last season was bad and this season's only ep was dumb. It's lost its way. I'm out.

by Anonymousreply 2April 29, 2017 12:49 AM

yuuuuuuum

by Anonymousreply 3April 29, 2017 12:52 AM

Love the gag about the office with a view into the men's room.

by Anonymousreply 4April 29, 2017 1:22 AM

I gave up mid season 3. I agree it felt like it was going nowhere. The plot isn't there even if the comedy is. It seems to be a show that needs a plot.

by Anonymousreply 5April 29, 2017 1:29 AM

So is a "gipster" a gay hipster?

by Anonymousreply 6April 29, 2017 2:14 AM

Season 3 was weak but the S4 premiere was pretty good.

Has anyone else seen "Search Party"? Thomas Middleditch has a couple of full frontal nude scenes in it.

by Anonymousreply 7April 29, 2017 2:22 AM

Middleditch full frontal.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8April 29, 2017 2:26 AM

When is Jared coming out?

by Anonymousreply 9May 8, 2017 1:58 PM

Is it wrong that I want Big Head inside me?

by Anonymousreply 10May 8, 2017 7:44 PM

In Season 4 Episode 3 there is a scene in which the chick LEANS on her GROCERY CART.

by Anonymousreply 11May 8, 2017 7:47 PM

The book Gilfoyle was reading:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12May 14, 2017 5:46 AM

Ok. Now i need to know what Peter Thiel's blood boys look like.

by Anonymousreply 13May 22, 2017 1:45 PM

It was nice seeing Graham Rogers

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14May 22, 2017 9:31 PM

I would love to watch Thomas Middleditch and Chris Hardwick suck and fuck like rabid ferrets.

by Anonymousreply 15May 22, 2017 9:56 PM

Anyone know why TJ Miller is leaving??

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16May 26, 2017 12:13 PM

Here is a blind item about it

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17May 26, 2017 7:54 PM

[quote]It was nice seeing Graham Rogers

And can I get a hot tub?

by Anonymousreply 18May 27, 2017 11:17 AM

TJ MIller's character is annoying and really doesn't have much of a purpose any more.

by Anonymousreply 19May 27, 2017 12:23 PM

Will they introduce a new role? Or maybe Big head/Jian Yang/etc. will take over?

by Anonymousreply 20May 27, 2017 12:26 PM

I love the obnoxious Bachman. He's hilarious and was responsible for many of the show's memorable moments. The way he sounds genuinely concerned when he asks Richard if he was crying, then rages over to the bratty kid, slaps him, throws his bike and threatens him for the Adderall was priceless.

by Anonymousreply 21May 27, 2017 2:25 PM

They added Chris Diamontopoulos as a regular, but he's hardly been in the show at all this season. So maybe they'll bump up Russ Hanneman's role to take the place of the void left by Bachmann's departure.

by Anonymousreply 22May 27, 2017 5:23 PM

Great season so far. Love the Jin Yang subplot and the Gavin Belson subplot.

Matt Ross hitting his stride way late in life provides hope for other actors.

by Anonymousreply 23May 27, 2017 10:54 PM

r21, I agree. That scene with the adderall was priceless. I like what they've done with him this season as well. The show will suffer without him.

by Anonymousreply 24May 27, 2017 11:04 PM

I see dead people.

by Anonymousreply 25May 29, 2017 3:58 AM

I guess Matt has left the show for good.

by Anonymousreply 26May 29, 2017 4:00 AM

The self important blowhard character played by Miller is a tired stock type. His leaving is no loss. I still think the show will suck even after he leaves, though.

by Anonymousreply 27May 29, 2017 4:02 AM

They referenced Russ's gay grandpa (and his lover, Pedro) again this week!

by Anonymousreply 28May 29, 2017 4:09 AM

Do we know how exactly Jared (under a different name) knew the blood boy?

by Anonymousreply 29May 30, 2017 12:31 AM

So I assume Gavin Belson's character is gay like Peter Thiel and when the blood boy left him and threatened to write a tell-all book, he became utterly despondent. It's too bad his character is leaving, he would have been a great foil for Richard.

I think the reason SV this show is getting flat is because Richard and his company are not moving ahead. Richard always self-sabatoges and he and the boys end up in the same boat. They need to have some type of growth in the character and the storyline and how Richard and the guys deal with success for a change.

by Anonymousreply 30May 30, 2017 12:43 AM

There's also this weird believability issue. If Richard actually builds what he wants to build, it'd literally change the world and we'd be looking at a quasi-sci-fi show then. So you just have to assume that they'll fail. Again.

For me, it's becoming like Walking Dead. After a few seasons, why bother watching anymore? The details may change, but the basic construct remains the same.

by Anonymousreply 31May 30, 2017 1:00 AM

I agree with you R30 about the flatness of not moving anywhere. I guess that may be sort of the point, though.

I wish they would film more in Silicon Valley. There are so many strange and funny people and shops. Plus, Palo Alto is overrun and ruled by Palantir, CIA & NSA controlled/funded and owned by Peter Thiel, who is more crazy and vile than any character on Silicon Valley. Palantir is infiltrating the city planning and other committees and has taken over 1/4 of the retail space in the quaint downtown. They do not put their names on their businesses, and employees are not even allowed to know where other Palantir offices are.

by Anonymousreply 32May 30, 2017 1:02 AM

So is that "limp biscuit" thing real? Does Sandy Duncan know about Wheat Thins being desecrated that way?

by Anonymousreply 33June 5, 2017 4:17 AM

[quote]So is that "limp biscuit" thing real? Does Sandy Duncan know about Wheat Thins being desecrated that way?

In the UK, they call the game 'sticky biscuit'. Of course, a 'biscuit' there is what we call a 'cookie'. I have a friend who used to play it with his friends at prep school and used to actively try to lose.

by Anonymousreply 34June 6, 2017 11:42 AM

Who's the actor who plays Richard's lawyer? He's hot.

by Anonymousreply 35June 7, 2017 11:10 AM

Ben Feldman, currently starring on "Superstore" on NBC.

by Anonymousreply 36June 7, 2017 12:59 PM

Thanks, R36.

by Anonymousreply 37June 7, 2017 6:12 PM

So, um, Jared?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38June 13, 2017 5:14 PM

I sure hope these things happen sometime during the season:

Richard is going to pitch Pied Piper to someone, and it looks like he's going to be rich, rich, rich!

Something happens and the offer falls through, or Richard decides he doesn't want the person to buy Pied Piper

Ehrlich screws up

Dinesh chases women online

Guilfoyle deadpans a sardonic observation

Jared makes a weird proclamation about how dedicated he is to Richard

Bighead does something naive, then he is good natured about the outcome

Jian Yang insults Ehrlich

Monica steps in with an idea that can save Pied Piper and keep all the boys from utter ruination

Laurie says something in a jerking monotone that shows she does not understand linguistic nuancer

Jack does something stupid, then acts like a dick

Russ says some variation of "fuck" many times

Richard's doctor says something mean to him

by Anonymousreply 39June 13, 2017 6:20 PM

nuancer

nuance

by Anonymousreply 40June 13, 2017 6:21 PM

[quote] Palo Alto is overrun and ruled by Palantir, CIA & NSA controlled/funded and owned by Peter Thiel, who is more crazy and vile than any character on Silicon Valley.

All those geniuses ad none can figure out how to poison Thiel or get him into a "car accident"?

by Anonymousreply 41June 13, 2017 6:27 PM

[quote] There's also this weird believability issue. If Richard actually builds what he wants to build, it'd literally change the world

Plus -- What ARE they building? It's Dropbox, it's a video service, it's going to be a new internet, it's a storage compressor, it's a box. Now it's something that caused cellphones to explode. Or is that a different thing?

I guess their slight deviation from the usual formula -- having Richard do bad things -- is this season's major whoop.

by Anonymousreply 42June 21, 2017 7:47 PM

Fuck! Zach Woods and Thomas Middleditch look damn good here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43July 16, 2017 4:48 PM

Spread those long legs for me, Zach!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44July 16, 2017 4:50 PM

MUCH better with facial hair!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45July 16, 2017 4:51 PM

I watched the first episode of Season 1 and wasn't enjoying it. Is it worth it to push through?

by Anonymousreply 46July 16, 2017 4:54 PM

The Richard and Jared relationship is my favorite, though Jared's lines often sound like he works for Exposition Realty.

by Anonymousreply 47July 16, 2017 5:00 PM

I would give it one more episode a try, r46.

Weren't TJ Miller and Thomas Middleditch a comedy duo long before SV? TJ sort of suggests that Thomas sided with the producer (against him) in the link further above.

by Anonymousreply 48July 16, 2017 5:00 PM

TJ Miller was on WEHL tonight. When asked about his co-stars he said he still friendly with everyone and managed to say something nice about Martin, Kumali, and Zach. Not a word about Thomas Middleditch.

He also reiterated that he didn't see returning to the show ever.

by Anonymousreply 49July 19, 2017 3:43 AM

Silicone Valley- that's what we call Melania's chest.

by Anonymousreply 50July 19, 2017 3:46 AM

A fat co-star leaving a hit series? Two old friends on the outs because one of them sides with the producer?

Silicon Valley is the new Designing Women!

by Anonymousreply 51July 19, 2017 11:45 AM

Season 5 trailer. Premieres Sunday, March 25.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52January 10, 2018 9:14 PM

Is Miller's career over?

by Anonymousreply 53January 10, 2018 9:34 PM

Not just yet, R53.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54January 10, 2018 9:40 PM

Season 5! Season 5!

by Anonymousreply 55March 26, 2018 8:50 PM

Looks like season 5 is just seasons 1,2,3,4 only without Erlich. So the whole series is recapped in R39, only minus Erlicht.

It’s tired. And I’m sick of Richard vomiting and talking about diarrhea. It was mildly gross/funny the first time, then it wasn’t.

by Anonymousreply 56April 8, 2018 8:55 PM

I liked the first seasons a lot. Are they out of ideas already?

by Anonymousreply 57April 8, 2018 9:11 PM

R53 and R54 It is now. (Over, Miller's career.)

by Anonymousreply 58April 11, 2018 2:49 AM

Since no one has mentioned it on this thread, T.J. Miller was arrested today for calling in a fake bomb threat on a train to harass a woman he got pissed off at.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59April 11, 2018 2:55 AM

The first episode of this season was boring. I turned the second one off after about 2 minutes the first time, 20 the second and started to ffwd and then just couldn't be bothered.

This show is over now, innit?

by Anonymousreply 60April 15, 2018 5:56 PM

Omg, this show s so over.

Now it’s Pied Piper coin?

I can’t even remember all the things Pied piper has been. A chat app, a songwriter/music app, a new internet, a data storage app that shares data across your devices, a data compressor.

They’ve beat this dead horse to mush.

by Anonymousreply 61May 13, 2018 6:11 PM

r61

that happens all the time actually... I was involved with an app and it evolved a lot from the original idea

by Anonymousreply 62May 27, 2018 1:56 AM

R61, the show is now actually over. The last episode was yesterday. I love that show and will really miss it. It was pretty good the past few episodes this season, and the finale was respectable.

The local Palo Alto paper published an entertaining article about Silicon Valley every Monday morning after it aired. Spoiler alerts abound, if you read at the link.

I know most of you hate it, but if you lived here and worked in the industry you would find it uncanny.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63December 10, 2019 12:55 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!