Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Southern Charm: Savannah

Or, as Shep Rose calls it, "the ugly stepchild of Atlanta."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39September 30, 2018 5:23 AM

D'oh -- Atlanta = Charleston

by Anonymousreply 1April 15, 2017 9:34 PM

I love this show, I think the guys are cute, even the oldest guy/Thomas. They are kind of fucked up and they are extreme snobs. I have always known that about Charleston citizens. The family drama is kind of sad...because Thomas and Katherine with two kids, while parents are both alcoholics. I am afraid the little boy may have Downs.

by Anonymousreply 2April 18, 2017 2:49 AM

Alright, now I am rather confused, I thought this thread was about Charleston.

by Anonymousreply 3April 18, 2017 2:51 AM

Who plays strip golf?

by Anonymousreply 4April 18, 2017 2:54 AM

I mean who in the show actually plays strip golf? Anything worth seeing?

by Anonymousreply 5April 18, 2017 2:56 AM

As a Savannian I am offended. ant there are no chairs on that deck out at Wormsloe. Pure drek.

by Anonymousreply 6April 18, 2017 3:25 AM

*are no chairs

by Anonymousreply 7April 18, 2017 3:26 AM

Ashley will, obviously, become the breakout star/hot mess of the show. Honey, if you're gonna keep taking your clothes off then please consider doing some squats at the gym or at least visit a tanning salon. Her hubby seems sweet and did she really need to tell us they don't have a sex life? The bearded lawyer guy is hot. The rest are so so.

by Anonymousreply 8May 16, 2017 6:37 PM

Exterminate 'em, y'all.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9May 16, 2017 6:51 PM

I think Nelson is a Nellie

by Anonymousreply 10May 23, 2017 2:32 AM

Nelson dresses like a ventriloquist's dummy.

by Anonymousreply 11June 10, 2017 1:18 AM

Is anyone else still watching? Last nights ep was a shitshow. Season Finale next week. Not sure if it will come back for a second season (some of the cast is just too fucking boring) but it's been somewhat enjoyable thanks to Ashley and Hannah's dad.

by Anonymousreply 12June 20, 2017 6:11 PM

What is wrong that platinum blonde who is a bitch and picks fights with everyone. How come their marriage is never talked about? Is her husband gay? Why won't she leave him if she never has sex with him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13June 23, 2017 10:34 PM

My home town. I'm Savannah born and raised. And still live here.

I wasn't expecting the cast they have. I was expecting to see a lot more old money. Like the people who live in the old historic district mansions and town homes downtown. I was expecting also to see a Patricia grand dame type just like southern charm SC. I like Ashley and Daniel and the nerd with the glasses. Everyone else can be recast.

Over all it's okay. I wouldn't mind a second season. They just need to make the changes I pointed out and it could be a hit.

by Anonymousreply 14June 23, 2017 11:35 PM

Ashley should seriously consider investing in some Spanx.

by Anonymousreply 15June 23, 2017 11:36 PM

I get the impression that Ashley stays with her husband for their son. She's way out there and a flirt but I do believe she's faithful

by Anonymousreply 16June 23, 2017 11:42 PM

Yes, but is Ashley's husband gay. He is not seen much so I wonder if they don't want to bring a gay character into the plot.

by Anonymousreply 17June 23, 2017 11:48 PM

Ashley's hubby seems interested in keeping the marriage together. I don't get a gay vibe.

by Anonymousreply 18June 24, 2017 3:53 AM

Anybody watching season 2? Can't imagine there's a separate thread as this show is boring as shit. Yes, I still watch.

by Anonymousreply 19July 24, 2018 2:33 PM

I'm watching. Barely. I do love that the gay friend is a regular now. At least he's fun and charming. The youngins' are a bore although I do love the glimpses we get of the hot bearded guy in the shower, getting dressed, working out, etc. Otherwise the men are as dopey as the ones on the other Southern Charm.

by Anonymousreply 20July 24, 2018 2:48 PM

Brandon use to be Paula Deens assistant. He lives right here in Savannah. I know exactly where he lives. His house is actually for sale right now if it hasn't sold already. It's actually a condo a few steps away from the savannah civic center.

But yeah, he was once Paula Deems gay sidekick.

by Anonymousreply 21July 24, 2018 3:08 PM

R21

His home is a condo?? It looked like a huge mansion at that party a couple weeks ago.

by Anonymousreply 22August 1, 2018 6:36 AM

that family farm was beautiful

by Anonymousreply 23August 1, 2018 12:36 PM

Boring. Bring back crazy Ashley.

by Anonymousreply 24August 1, 2018 3:54 PM

Lyle - don't get it. Unless he has a 12 foot cock he looks "special." None of the women are hot. One looks plain the other could be Bethenny Frankel's less pretty sister. The only hot guy it the long haired Jew - who I suspect is gay or at least bi.

by Anonymousreply 25August 4, 2018 3:21 AM

The crazy woman from season 1 is back next week.

by Anonymousreply 26August 5, 2018 11:31 PM

It's just the opposite though. Atlanta is ugly and Savannah is beautiful.

by Anonymousreply 27August 6, 2018 12:28 AM

Any show mentioning tRump apologist Jack Kingston is not really something worth watching.

by Anonymousreply 28August 6, 2018 3:02 AM

[quote]that family farm was beautiful

Thank you.

by Anonymousreply 29August 6, 2018 4:55 AM

I was looking up my cousin’s rice plantation this morning because I wanted to order a bag of their heirloom rice for a friend when I discovered that one of his daughters, Hagood, is on this show.

I’m shocked that her family would allow her to appear on a reality show but I think the mother was also supportive of the daughter being a model so who knows. I do know that Hagood was raised to be a proper lady and just can’t understand how this fits into their worldview.

by Anonymousreply 30September 26, 2018 6:54 PM

I called my sister-in-law and she confirmed that the story but that the family supportive as long as she isn’t dragged into any trashy mess. Does anyone who watched this past season care fill me in on how she has handled herself?

by Anonymousreply 31September 26, 2018 6:56 PM

Bravo should cancel the show. How many of his former friends knew exactly what he was doing and looked away. The baby mama surely knew what he was doing. They're all disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 32September 27, 2018 2:08 AM

Haygood was boring as fuck, comes off as a spoiled rich girl with too much time on her hands.

by Anonymousreply 33September 29, 2018 1:42 AM

Trash new money. The old money with the real drama will never show itself.

by Anonymousreply 34September 29, 2018 1:48 AM

Sounds deadly.

by Anonymousreply 35September 29, 2018 1:57 AM

R34, I don’t know about the others but Hagood has a pedigree a mile long, on her daddy’s side at least. I’m not sure if there is a whole lot of money left but her family is top-notch on one side for certain.

by Anonymousreply 36September 29, 2018 2:26 AM

There is no way in HELL this show will be renewed. It was HORRIBLE. The ratings were lower than shame!

by Anonymousreply 37September 29, 2018 2:31 AM

I never understood the relationships in this show. The hot jewish guy, he is gay but they played him as this playboy. Lyle looked borderline retarded. I could never tell who was or was not together and why they even were. Everyone was doing something and then next season they werent. The one girl was going to be a designer then she wasnt. The other one was going to be a party planner then she wasn't.

by Anonymousreply 38September 30, 2018 3:49 AM

Hagood was a talented artist, she was pretty and seemed comparatively nice as opposed to a messy lush, and she had a sense of obligation to run the family farm, with the new idea of using the rice for sake. She had a lot more going on than the rest of the cast. Her mom was a passive-aggressive, critical, bossy nightmare who will never be pleased..

by Anonymousreply 39September 30, 2018 5:23 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!