Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Great Moments in DL History: Melissa Gilbert's SHITBRA!

Hello DL! I am finally asking my most burning DL question. I've done searches in DL and on google to no avail. It is referenced in many threads, most recently in the Let's BE Working Girl The Movie, but I STILL have no idea its genesis.

Will a DL historian enlighten me and the rest of the inquiring minds, please? I must have been absent that month.

by Anonymousreply 20September 2, 2020 7:47 AM

Funny stuff.

by Anonymousreply 1April 13, 2017 4:19 PM

Doesn't anyone know?!?!?!

by Anonymousreply 2April 13, 2017 4:49 PM

I think this may be helpful.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3April 13, 2017 4:52 PM

Is no one going to say it?! It's when you shit into the cups of your bra and beat your kids with it. I thought everyone knew this.

by Anonymousreply 4April 13, 2017 8:01 PM

The first time I remember seeing it referenced was around 2002 or 2003, by an old poster who went by "Lila McKann."

by Anonymousreply 5April 13, 2017 8:05 PM

It's always been a mystery IIRC. I also want to know where Shitty Little Anne started (since we're on the subject of shit).

by Anonymousreply 6April 13, 2017 8:58 PM

I believe Melissa's mother was overheard saying to her daughter, 'Don't make me have to get out my shitbra' on the set of Little House back in the day. Apparently, mom Gilbert would take a crap into her bra cups, tie them together to make one hard, round ball and then beat the shit out of her daughter with them if she stepped out of line.

by Anonymousreply 7April 13, 2017 9:45 PM

A shitbra is when someone takes their skidmarked undies and arranges them sunny side up under the pillowcase of an unsuspecting victim. Never heard of the other kind. It seems so random.

by Anonymousreply 8April 13, 2017 10:23 PM

R3, thank you my dear. Thank you.

by Anonymousreply 9April 14, 2017 4:30 AM

as the original story goes, told to me by Lila McKann in 2002, Melissa Gilbert was in the Enquirer I think and she had been accused of tying her kids to the couch and forcing them to watch Little House on the Prarie reruns. When they tried to wriggle out of the rope, she would threaten them by saying, "DON'T MAKE ME GET MY SHITBRA!" Allegedly she used to shit into one cup of her bra, fling it around and then pelt her kids wtih it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10April 14, 2017 4:54 AM

R6, Shitty Little Ann made her debut in 2012 in a thread that got deleted called "People Who Poop in Stores." Coincidentally, it was during election season, so we also started using it as a nickname for Ann Romney.

by Anonymousreply 11April 14, 2017 3:59 PM

Couldn't she just have used a bag of oranges?

by Anonymousreply 12April 14, 2017 4:26 PM

[quote] also want to know where Shitty Little Anne started (since we're on the subject of shit).

As I recall, a DLer was trapped on a train with a family that included one young girl ('Anne'). Some antics ensued - loud farting? - and one of the adults allegedly pointed at the child and said, accusatorily, 'it was SHITTY LITTLE ANNE'.

by Anonymousreply 13April 14, 2017 5:48 PM

Thank you Rs 11 and 13, most helpful. :)

by Anonymousreply 14April 14, 2017 6:02 PM

Just wanted to add since we're digging deep into the saga of the shitbra that the person who overheard her say she was going to get her shitbra knew he didn't hear her right, it was a "I would SWEAR she said she was going to get her shitbra, but that can't be right" situation.

And someone once posted that she was asked about the shitbra on a podcast a few years ago, and she laughed.

by Anonymousreply 15April 15, 2017 10:51 AM

[quote]As I recall, a DLer was trapped on a train with a family that included one young girl ('Anne'). Some antics ensued - loud farting? - and one of the adults allegedly pointed at the child and said, accusatorily, 'it was SHITTY LITTLE ANNE'.

Somebody went to use the restroom and discovered that the toilet was overflowing due to another passenger having taken a monstrous shit. A young boy was blamed, but he then threw Shitty Little Ann under the bus.

by Anonymousreply 16April 19, 2017 5:14 PM

[quote] "People Who Poop in Stores."

I was just thinking about that thread the other day. Jesus, there were so many damn funny stories in there.

by Anonymousreply 17April 19, 2017 5:36 PM

The woman in the "before" photo in R10's link is Robin Weigert (recently of BIG LITTLE LIES), not Melissa Gilbert. What complete retard allowed that to be published?

by Anonymousreply 18April 19, 2017 7:25 PM

Wow, R18 - thanks for the clarification.

I didn't even question whether or not that was Gilbert.

by Anonymousreply 19April 19, 2017 9:19 PM

I was going to put this in one of the books but my publisher wouldn’t let me.

by Anonymousreply 20September 2, 2020 7:47 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!