Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Body of country's first female Muslim judge found in Hudson River

[quote]The body of the United States’ first ever female Muslim judge was found Wednesday afternoon in the Hudson River near Manhattan, according to a Wednesday New York Post report.Sheila Abdus-Salaam served as an associate judge of the Court of Appeals. She was the first African-American woman to serve on New York's top court. She was 65. She had been reported missing earlier in the day, the newspaper reports.Her husband later confirmed her identity.

[quote]Sources tell the Post that there were no visible signs of trauma or physical injuries suggesting foul play. Police are still investigating.Abdus-Salaam worked as an attorney at East Brooklyn Legal Services after graduating from Columbia Law School.She continued to rise in the ranks until she was elected to the New York Supreme Court in 1993, and then appointed to the Court of Appeals, the state's highest court, by Gov. Andrew Cuomo (D) 20 years later in 2013. Cuomo said Wednesday that she was "a trailblazing jurist and a force for good."Jonathan Lippman, who once served as the chief judge of the state Court of Appeals from 2009 to 2015, said Abdus-Salaam’s death is a “terrible blow.”

[quote]“I’m deeply saddened at having lost a dear friend and colleague, and the court has suffered a terrible blow,” Lippman told the Post.“She was a superb jurist and an even more superb human being,” he continued. “I knew her for many, many years. To some degree, we grew up together in the court. I’ve known her in all her different roles in the court. It’s just so shocking ... If you ask anyone about her, people would say only the most wonderful things. That’s why it makes it even more difficult to understand.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 147January 6, 2018 11:45 PM

what the Hell!

by Anonymousreply 1April 13, 2017 2:08 PM

[quote]She was the first African-American woman to serve on New York's top court.

Yet the media felt it was more relevant to highlight that she was the first Muslim rather than first African-American. Any opportunity to "sell" their fetish.

by Anonymousreply 2April 13, 2017 2:11 PM

She was found in Brooklyn. Could have been an assassination.

by Anonymousreply 3April 13, 2017 2:20 PM

R2 -- the news article I read about her referred to her as the first Muslim American woman to serve as a judge (article implied anywhere in the US). That is probably more noteworthy.

by Anonymousreply 4April 13, 2017 2:20 PM

R4 America has a long, troubled history with African-Americans, and the media takes every opportunity to mention social advances. Highlighting that she is Muslim has more to do with the media's agenda than "noteworthy".

by Anonymousreply 5April 13, 2017 2:27 PM

She was [italic]New York's[/italic] first black woman to be a judge at this level, she was [italic]America's[/italic] first Muslim woman to be a judge at this level. As r4 said it is basic common sense that a nation-wide credential is more noteworthy.

And that was TheHill's reporting, the New York Times reporting on it does not mention that til further down into the article. In spite of what you are told the "mainstream media" isn't one monolithic entity.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6April 13, 2017 2:37 PM

Very odd. Possibly suicide.

by Anonymousreply 7April 13, 2017 2:40 PM

R2: oh honey. The only person here with a "Muslim fetish" is you.

by Anonymousreply 8April 13, 2017 2:45 PM

I'll point out that in New York, The Court of Appeals is the state's very highest court, which most states call their Supreme Court. She was the equivalent of a state Supreme Court Justice.

And she wasn't found near Brooklyn. She was found in the Hudson River near 132nd Street opposite Harlem in upper Manhattan, where she lived

by Anonymousreply 9April 13, 2017 2:50 PM

Sounds like a suicide. How sad if so. Just as she could have had that fabulous pension for her retirement years.

by Anonymousreply 10April 13, 2017 2:51 PM

R8 Oh honey. You desperately need to look up the word "fetish".

by Anonymousreply 11April 13, 2017 2:55 PM

[quote]In spite of what you are told the "mainstream media" isn't one monolithic entity.

No? Google the story. Every single medium in English in which the story appears has the same almost verbatim headline "First Female Muslim Judge Found Dead in Hudson River". The only two that don't are the New York Post and NY Daily News.

by Anonymousreply 12April 13, 2017 3:04 PM

Really r12?

...Really?

I could almost forgive your mistake, if the New York Times headline had not been commented on and linked in my post which you are replying to. How the fuck did you possibly miss it? Your hatred of Muslims is embarrassing you dear.

by Anonymousreply 13April 13, 2017 3:07 PM

where was the husband during time of death? Dong Dong

by Anonymousreply 14April 13, 2017 3:12 PM

Hatred? Only in your muddled logic R13.

by Anonymousreply 15April 13, 2017 3:13 PM

Judge Abdus-Salaam wrote the majority decision in a recent landmark NY case, Matter of Brooke S.B., which greatly expanded the rights of gay parents to petition for custody or visitation of their children. Before this case, a gay parent in NY was restricted unless they were the biological parent or had formally adopted the child.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16April 13, 2017 3:41 PM

[quote][R8] Oh honey. You desperately need to look up the word "fetish".

Um, okay.

[quote]1. an object regarded with awe as being the embodiment or habitation of a potent spirit or as having magical potency.

[quote]2. any object, idea, etc., eliciting unquestioning reverence, respect, or devotion: to make a fetish of high grades.

[quote]3. Psychology. any object or nongenital part of the body that causes a habitual erotic response or fixation.

So we're both misusing the term, since islam can't be remotely defined as a physical object.

R2 could more accurately be described as having an erotic fixation centering on an obsessive hatred of Muslims. Something that his therapist could address in his next session.

My bad.

by Anonymousreply 17April 13, 2017 6:07 PM

If there's room & time on DL while some posters continue to squabble among themselves, I'd like to know whether she committed suicide or was murdered.

by Anonymousreply 18April 13, 2017 6:26 PM

The autopsy's being done today. I hope the Medical Examiner's preliminary report can answer some of these questions.

by Anonymousreply 19April 13, 2017 6:32 PM

R3 is obviously a shit-stirring flyover moron who didn't even bother reading the first sentence at the article.

by Anonymousreply 20April 13, 2017 7:09 PM

What R18 said.

by Anonymousreply 21April 13, 2017 7:44 PM

Husband will receive her pension and other benefits.

by Anonymousreply 22April 13, 2017 7:57 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23April 13, 2017 8:11 PM

Police are leaning toward suicide, but these days nothing would surprise me. I'm not saying she would have necessarily been targeted for her race or religion, but maybe someone had a grudge against her for one of her decisions. She just got married last year. How does Islam feel about suicides?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24April 13, 2017 8:13 PM

If I were black, female, and Muslim, I'd kill myself too.

by Anonymousreply 25April 13, 2017 8:16 PM

Why don't you just go ahead and do that anyway, R25?

by Anonymousreply 26April 13, 2017 8:30 PM

If I was a bored troll who never moved out of my Mom's house I'd want to kill myself, but yet here you still are r25.

by Anonymousreply 27April 13, 2017 8:34 PM

Even in a thread about the loss of a progressive Muslim who was unabashedly pro-gay rights and with an anti-poverty activist background, the bigots still can't stop with the bullshit.

If you really believe Islam is regressive and needs reform, this woman should be heralded for her career and the ease with which she reconciled it with her religious beliefs. That would be the BEST way to combat fundamentalism. But that's not really the goal, is it?

by Anonymousreply 28April 13, 2017 8:39 PM

Oh dear she married a grifter pastor.

by Anonymousreply 29April 13, 2017 8:42 PM

Ok, so we have a possibly shady husband which adds another potential angle. Is he the only one claiming she was suffering from depression?

[quote]Neighbor and friend, Deborah Audate, told the New York Daily News that the couple maintained separate residences, but spent time together on weekends. Jacobs stopped by his dead wife's Harlem brownstone Wednesday evening, accompanied by detectives.

Why did they bother getting married if they didn't even live together?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30April 13, 2017 8:49 PM

Black women simply don't kill themselves. nuff said.

by Anonymousreply 31April 13, 2017 8:51 PM

"Yet the media felt it was more relevant to highlight that she was the first Muslim rather than first African-American. Any opportunity to "sell" their fetish. "

The "Daily Briefing" short article I read this morning on the NYT website emphasized African-American. Didn't read any extended articles about the case though. Seemed quick to rule it a suicide, no? Obviously, it could be - I read her mother died and her brother committed suicide, so maybe she was in a really bad place. But, again, quick call.

by Anonymousreply 32April 13, 2017 10:03 PM

Something very strange about the whole scenario.

by Anonymousreply 33April 14, 2017 12:51 AM

This sounds like an old "Law and Order" episode.

by Anonymousreply 34April 14, 2017 6:04 AM

Is the husband hot. He's single ya know.

by Anonymousreply 35April 14, 2017 6:08 AM

Both her mother and her brother committed suicide per the NYT, r32.

And I concur with the poster who calls out the horrific bigots on this thread and across this site. This woman was Muslim AND undoubtedly progressive. Take your hatred and choke on it.

by Anonymousreply 36April 14, 2017 6:26 AM

[quote]If you really believe Islam is regressive and needs reform, this woman should be heralded for her career and the ease with which she reconciled it with her religious beliefs. That would be the BEST way to combat fundamentalism.

"This woman" lived in a Western society with freedom, diversity and choice. "This woman" adjudicated US law, not her personal beliefs. "This woman" is not indicative of 1.7 billion Muslims living from the Atlantic to the Arafura Sea, where freedom, diversity, and choice are non-existent. Pointing this out is not "hatred" or "bigotry" but discussing the reality of Islam. Which is anathema to R36.

by Anonymousreply 37April 14, 2017 6:31 AM

Talk about missing the point.

'"This woman" lived in a Western society with freedom, diversity and choice.... "This woman" is not indicative of 1.7 billion Muslims living from the Atlantic to the Arafura Sea, where freedom, diversity, and choice are non-existent.'

What, R37, does that have to do with bitching about news media pointing out that the judge was in fact Muslim? Or saying she was killed--in NY--for going outside without her burka? Or saying anyone who was a woman, Black and Muslim should want to kill themselves even though we're talking about a highly successful judge with an enviable career?

None of that is about "discussing the reality of Islam."

by Anonymousreply 38April 14, 2017 7:06 AM

Calling the Datalounge Detective Squad!!!

Seriously, did this woman commit suicide, or did her husband do her in, or was it someone who didn't like some decision or belief of hers? Judges are in a position to make a LOT of enemies, and the marriage sounds very odd. Sure, when two professionals of that age marry they're already set in their ways and established in separate interests, but not even living together?

by Anonymousreply 39April 14, 2017 7:11 AM

Grifter pastor husband did it for sure, Guaranteed. Next we'll be hearing about the $2 million life insurance policy he took out on her.

by Anonymousreply 40April 14, 2017 7:18 AM

[quote]What, [R37], does that have to do with bitching about news media pointing out that the judge was in fact Muslim?

Because the death of an American judge becomes world-wide news, carried as headlines from San Francisco to Sydney because she was Muslim. If she was Sikh or Jain or Druze or Parsi, the story would have remained very much local and unremarkable.

by Anonymousreply 41April 14, 2017 8:00 AM

[quote]She just got married last year.

Oh shit, the hubby did it for insurance money and her pension.

by Anonymousreply 42April 14, 2017 9:52 AM

Omg.

by Anonymousreply 43April 14, 2017 11:45 AM

More details:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44April 14, 2017 12:02 PM

According to the NY Times article linked by R44, she said that she was not Muslim. It also describes her husband as an Episcopal pastor, which makes him sound mainstream rather than a "grifter" (like TV evangelists, etc.).

by Anonymousreply 45April 14, 2017 12:20 PM

R41, clueless.

"If you really believe Islam is regressive and needs reform, this woman should be heralded for her career and the ease with which she reconciled it with her religious beliefs. That would be the BEST way to combat fundamentalism."

by Anonymousreply 46April 14, 2017 12:20 PM

She appparently was not a Muslim,

by Anonymousreply 47April 14, 2017 12:21 PM

The two most important questions have yet to be asked:

1. What was on her iPod? and,

2. Can we have her stuff?

by Anonymousreply 48April 14, 2017 12:24 PM

Who cares if she was Muslim or not? Why do the faggot regressives on this board need to bring their rancid bigotry on every thread? Have some respect for this woman or get the fuck off my site.

by Anonymousreply 49April 14, 2017 12:25 PM

R46 Clueless

Why is the death of a local New York judge newsworthy in Sydney and New Dehli? Hint: Starts with M. Another hint: Starts with F.

by Anonymousreply 50April 14, 2017 12:27 PM

FF for R49 for his repeated use of "fag" and "faggot" in this and other threads. "Regressive?" Look in the mirror, cupcake.

by Anonymousreply 51April 14, 2017 12:29 PM

Nope, you look in the mirror, fag r51. I don't need this site polluted by your racism. If I knew where you lived I'd kill you on the spot, fag.

by Anonymousreply 52April 14, 2017 12:31 PM

R52 Gosh, I'd hesitate to accuse anyone while using the pejorative "fag".

by Anonymousreply 53April 14, 2017 12:34 PM

R50, you're getting all bent out of shape because a judge who was found dead floating in a river and who was also one of the first Black and Muslim women in the US to reach such a prominent position got some brief coverage in a few international papers? They pick up shocking and noteworthy articles from the AP all the time, idiot. Do you think they would have noticed if she had died peacefully in her sleep?

Those same papers picked up the school shooting in San Bernadino. Also a "local" story. Do you not have the imagination to see why that one piqued their interest also?

by Anonymousreply 54April 14, 2017 12:40 PM

Uh no, R54. San Bernardino and Orlando received world-wide coverage due to the sheer horror of the story/numbers of murdered. That's hardly the same as a local judge found dead in a river.

by Anonymousreply 55April 14, 2017 12:47 PM

Would not be surprised if it turns out hubby's on the DL.

by Anonymousreply 56April 14, 2017 12:57 PM

^^ Yup

Gay-face for days.

by Anonymousreply 57April 14, 2017 1:49 PM

Was she floating in the Hudson with the other garbage?

by Anonymousreply 58April 14, 2017 3:27 PM

R58 = Another flyover piece of shit.

by Anonymousreply 59April 14, 2017 5:41 PM

She wasn't Muslim.

by Anonymousreply 60April 14, 2017 5:50 PM

Let's reiterate for the illiterate deplorables

[bold] Her name led to confusion about whether or not she was Muslim. Gary Spencer, a spokesman for the Court of Appeals, said she had told him that she was not. [/bold]

Got it?

by Anonymousreply 61April 14, 2017 5:53 PM

Yep,it was the husband. Probably so he could be with his secret boyfriend full time.

by Anonymousreply 62April 14, 2017 6:01 PM

If it was suicide, I can't imagine choosing what she did.

by Anonymousreply 63April 14, 2017 6:11 PM

Oh I dunno, sounds ok to me

by Anonymousreply 64April 14, 2017 6:16 PM

Datalounge Detective Squad, I'm very disappointed into you. Instead of digging into the husband's life and finding a secret boyfriend and a mountain of debt, or interesting new suspects, or a radical Muslim group that been threatening progressive Muslim women, you're arguing about the details of headlines!

by Anonymousreply 65April 14, 2017 8:05 PM

R55, the San Bernadino school shooting is not the same as the San Bernadino workplace shooting. 3 people were killed in the school shooting which stemmed from domestic violence and yet it's made international headlines.

by Anonymousreply 66April 14, 2017 8:06 PM

Yes, let's stay focused. Who's had the secretly gay, grifter husband?

by Anonymousreply 67April 14, 2017 8:18 PM

One of the news accounts I read last night said she and husband kept separate residences in Harlem and only saw each other on weekends. Lavender marriage?

by Anonymousreply 68April 14, 2017 9:13 PM

A friend who clerked for her said that not only was she not Muslim, but this so-called "grifter" guy was not her first husband. Her first husband was a member of the Nation of Islam (i.e., he was a black supremacist).

by Anonymousreply 69April 14, 2017 10:19 PM

She really lived in Brooklyn?

Well, she's better of dead then.

by Anonymousreply 70April 14, 2017 10:21 PM

*off

by Anonymousreply 71April 14, 2017 10:33 PM

Her first husband was old as medusa and worked for the Kennedy administration today. If alive today he would be like 100.

by Anonymousreply 72April 14, 2017 10:46 PM

No, r70, she did not live in Brooklyn. She and her husband both lived in Harlem -- in separate houses.

by Anonymousreply 73April 14, 2017 11:09 PM

On the local evening news here in New York, they reported that police at this point think it most likely was suicide. No trauma to the body, death was by drowning, she had been telling close friends recently that she felt enormously stressed due to the demands of her job and other responsibilities. Her mother committed suicide in 2012 and her brother in 2014.

by Anonymousreply 74April 14, 2017 11:41 PM

Medusa, R72? Or Methuselah?

by Anonymousreply 75April 14, 2017 11:46 PM

I'm glad her name was Shelia and not Antwonisha.

by Anonymousreply 76April 15, 2017 12:04 AM

He was her third husband. I heard she had a brownstone in Harlem and he lived in NJ

I think more married couples should live separately.

by Anonymousreply 77April 15, 2017 12:20 AM

Why she marry the gay boy?

by Anonymousreply 78April 15, 2017 12:33 AM

R66 San BernaRdino

by Anonymousreply 79April 15, 2017 3:18 AM

R59 is apparently unfamiliar with the work of one Mr. Stephen Sondheim. (Hardly a "flyover piece of shit.")

by Anonymousreply 80April 15, 2017 3:19 AM

R76, who you talking about, hun? Shelia?

by Anonymousreply 81April 15, 2017 3:43 AM

No one's as queer as you, R80, that's for sure.

by Anonymousreply 82April 15, 2017 3:46 AM

[quote]The two most important questions have yet to be asked: 1. What was on her iPod? and, 2. Can we have her stuff?

No, R48, you most certainly may NOT have my wife's stuff, it's mine! I worked hard to make her death look like a suicide, I deserve to get it all!

by Anonymousreply 83April 16, 2017 9:29 AM

Wait, a NY Court of Appeal justice is not a local judge. That's the highest court in the state. Honestly. Have you NEVER watched Sam Waterston do an appeal on Law and Order?

by Anonymousreply 84April 16, 2017 10:43 AM

I heard the same as R69.

by Anonymousreply 85April 16, 2017 12:12 PM

Cops are now treating the death as suspicious. There was slight bruising on her neck but her eyes didn’t show the type of bleeding consistent with strangulation.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86April 19, 2017 3:42 AM

For the poster upthread who stated "black women don't commit suicide," Phyllis Hyman?

I am relieved to see that she was NOT a member of the NOI.

by Anonymousreply 87April 19, 2017 5:06 AM

Please, black people just become athiest.

by Anonymousreply 88April 19, 2017 6:30 AM

Fact is: Everyone admires a strong black woman. If it is suicide, it's a damned tragedy. She had it all.

by Anonymousreply 89April 19, 2017 6:34 AM

Suicide My ass!!

by Anonymousreply 90April 19, 2017 3:19 PM

My guess is the bruising on her neck came from a chain being snatched off then she was thrown in the river where she drowned.

by Anonymousreply 91April 19, 2017 3:21 PM

If she was a muslim, she wouldn't have killed herself. which is most likely. They could easily cover up that there was no foul play with her body. and therefore easily suggest suicide. when she was in fact murdered. morons! thy don't know how to keep the people who work for them shut!

by Anonymousreply 92April 19, 2017 3:22 PM

Wow! Here I was writing my comment thinking it happened today- only to realize the date said it was almost a week ago!! How the Fuck did I not hear about this!? Why did this not make international news (given that islam is a check in the media list?)

by Anonymousreply 93April 19, 2017 3:28 PM

R93 Maybe because it showed that a muslim is a victim not the perpetrator. and a black victim too! which no one likes or cares to talk about nowadays.

by Anonymousreply 94April 19, 2017 3:33 PM

FF for R51 for for being so haunted by a fucking word that they completely missed the original point of the poster. For real have some respect for this woman!

by Anonymousreply 95April 19, 2017 3:35 PM

R36 cover ups over cover ups

by Anonymousreply 96April 19, 2017 3:37 PM

Re-quoting R28 for being a sane DLer, a rarity these days. "Even in a thread about the loss of a progressive Muslim who was unabashedly pro-gay rights and with an anti-poverty activist background, the bigots still can't stop with the bullshit.

If you really believe Islam is regressive and needs reform, this woman should be heralded for her career and the ease with which she reconciled it with her religious beliefs. That would be the BEST way to combat fundamentalism. But that's not really the goal, is it?"

by Anonymousreply 97April 19, 2017 3:40 PM

R93 As pointed out upthread, the original story made international news from Sydney to Dehli, from Montreal to Rio and everywhere in between. Google "First Female Muslim Judge" for details.

by Anonymousreply 98April 19, 2017 3:40 PM

Re-Quoting R16 for its importance. Could the NOI have been after her for this? "Judge Abdus-Salaam wrote the majority decision in a recent landmark NY case, Matter of Brooke S.B., which greatly expanded the rights of gay parents to petition for custody or visitation of their children. Before this case, a gay parent in NY was restricted unless they were the biological parent or had formally adopted the child."

by Anonymousreply 99April 19, 2017 3:43 PM

Aren't there better ways of suicide than drowning in the freezing disgusting Hudson?

by Anonymousreply 100April 19, 2017 3:46 PM

R98 didn't make the news in both great european countries I was in last week. But surely if I google there'll be something, I'm talking about TV news.

by Anonymousreply 101April 19, 2017 3:47 PM

R97 R99 are hell-bent on protecting their fetish. Even after it was pointed out that the judge was, in fact, NOT Muslim.

by Anonymousreply 102April 19, 2017 3:48 PM

Funny, how none of the comments wished her peace. May you Rest in Blissful Peace you respectable judge. and may whoever did this to you be punished endlessly.

by Anonymousreply 103April 19, 2017 3:49 PM

R102 where was it pointed out? also, I thought that user taught you not to use that word ' fetish' as it is wrong to be used that way.

by Anonymousreply 104April 19, 2017 3:51 PM

R100 yes there are! which is possibly why it wasn't suicide in the first place.

by Anonymousreply 105April 19, 2017 3:52 PM

R2 =R11 = R102 (any other comments?) = Everything is a fetish troll.

by Anonymousreply 106April 19, 2017 3:56 PM

May she RIP

by Anonymousreply 107April 19, 2017 4:02 PM

Fetish = fixation, obsession, compulsion, mania. Considering the number of posts you made to this thread R104 R106, the description is spot on.

by Anonymousreply 108April 19, 2017 4:04 PM

Tragic end to a life of great distinction. Whether it was murder or suicide the agony must have been terrifying.

by Anonymousreply 109April 19, 2017 4:25 PM

True R109

by Anonymousreply 110April 19, 2017 4:28 PM

When the News don't give you any deserved attention, then know something is wrong. It's possible they're covering something up.

by Anonymousreply 111April 19, 2017 4:40 PM

DA's Office still refusing to call it a suicide. Says it needs more details

by Anonymousreply 112April 19, 2017 5:06 PM

Who said both her mother and brother died of suicide? R36 You are wrong, or read it wrong. "Cops initially described Abdus-Salaam’s death as a suspected suicide, in part because she had struggled with depression and both her mother and brother died earlier around Easter, sources said."

by Anonymousreply 113April 19, 2017 5:11 PM

Alternative News

by Anonymousreply 114April 19, 2017 5:43 PM

If she was a Muslim she was a good one and it's a tragedy we lost her. Big hugs lady.

by Anonymousreply 115April 19, 2017 7:18 PM

It is a tragedy. smh! may she RIP

by Anonymousreply 116April 19, 2017 10:45 PM

M for Murder

by Anonymousreply 117April 20, 2017 1:03 AM

what a krazy thread!

by Anonymousreply 118April 20, 2017 1:10 AM

R113 The NYT article linked above CLEARLY states that both her mother and brother committed suicide.

Are you saying that they are incorrect? If her new husband is behind this, I would assume that he felt that the family's history of depression and suicide would be a good cover for her death(assuming he did it.)

by Anonymousreply 119April 20, 2017 1:19 AM

Sad

by Anonymousreply 120April 20, 2017 9:28 PM

[quote] her mother and brother died earlier around Easter

= suicide?

by Anonymousreply 121April 21, 2017 2:56 AM

Exactly R121 It says nothing about suicide

by Anonymousreply 122April 21, 2017 3:04 AM

It DOES say suicide in the Times' story you dolt.

by Anonymousreply 123April 21, 2017 4:02 AM

Could it have to do with her last appeal on the 4th? People v Anderson

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 124April 21, 2017 6:24 AM

Oops! wrong link!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 125April 21, 2017 6:26 AM

Wonder where are the DL Sleuths

by Anonymousreply 126April 21, 2017 6:58 AM

R126 it isn't a hot guy or a blond woman with 3 kids, so the fraus have not descended. They are on websleuths.

by Anonymousreply 127April 21, 2017 7:01 AM

lol ^

by Anonymousreply 128April 21, 2017 7:23 AM

OMG People!

She was not Muslim.

She was not Muslim.

She was not Muslim.

She was not Muslim.

She was not Muslim.

She was not Muslim.

She was not Muslim.

She was not Muslim.

She was not Muslim.

by Anonymousreply 129April 21, 2017 8:24 AM

She lived in Albany and Harlem, while her husband lived in Newark.

That's 3 residences.

That's 3 residences.

by Anonymousreply 130April 21, 2017 8:26 AM

That's 3 residences.

by Anonymousreply 131April 21, 2017 2:43 PM

Something is up with your computer

by Anonymousreply 132April 21, 2017 11:55 PM

I have to break it down to the dummies on DL like that.

by Anonymousreply 133April 22, 2017 6:17 AM

break what down?

by Anonymousreply 134April 22, 2017 6:48 AM

[quote] Why is the death of a local New York judge newsworthy in Sydney and New Dehli? Hint: Starts with M. Another hint: Starts with F.

Mother Fucker?

by Anonymousreply 135April 22, 2017 6:51 AM

lol r135

by Anonymousreply 136April 22, 2017 7:34 AM

According to local NYC NBC evening news yesterday:

There will be a memorial service next month at the Cathedral of St. John the Divine on the Upper West Side.

There is security video of her on the day she disappeared walking towards the river in the gym clothes she was found in.

Her death is officially considered "suspicious."

Police are not looking for a suspect but there are several people they want to talk to. They also want anyone who thinks they might know anything to come forward and talk to them.

by Anonymousreply 137April 22, 2017 5:46 PM

R123 "But Judge Abdus-Salaam’s family said in a statement on Wednesday that her mother, who died in 2012 at the age of 92, did not commit suicide. The judge’s younger brother, the statement said, “lost his battle with terminal lung cancer” in 2014." - See! they DID NOT COMMIT SUICIDE!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 138April 23, 2017 4:09 AM

RIP

by Anonymousreply 139April 23, 2017 12:06 PM

Told ya her family didn't commit suicide

by Anonymousreply 140April 24, 2017 5:12 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 141April 24, 2017 5:58 AM

^ I know, I know, "it's" not "its."

by Anonymousreply 142April 24, 2017 6:02 AM

R131 Take it up with the New York Times. I actually believed that they were a reputable source which fact checked their articles. They state outright that the mother and brother committed suicide.

I am happy to learn that they did not. Now I feel certain that she was killed.

by Anonymousreply 143April 24, 2017 6:30 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 144July 26, 2017 10:41 PM

Right!

by Anonymousreply 145July 27, 2017 1:39 AM

I served on a jury before her. She was brilliant, respectful and stood in appreciation of the jury at the end of the trial. May she rest in peace.

by Anonymousreply 146January 6, 2018 8:56 PM

Who is going to order the little girls clits to be cut off now?

by Anonymousreply 147January 6, 2018 11:45 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!