Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Horace and Pete

Such an underrated show. Louis C.K.'s masterwork.

Thoughts?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22December 13, 2018 3:41 AM

It's a finalist for the Peabody Awards

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1April 5, 2017 9:47 PM

Loved Amy Sedaris showing up at the end.

by Anonymousreply 2April 6, 2017 3:48 AM

He said it would only be available to fans who paid to watch each episode on his website.

Now it's available on Hulu.

by Anonymousreply 3April 6, 2017 3:51 AM

And yet...

No one cares.

by Anonymousreply 4April 6, 2017 3:53 AM

Is he the pervy comic guy?

by Anonymousreply 5April 6, 2017 3:56 AM

R4 It won the Peabody, bitch.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6July 4, 2017 7:52 PM

Shit.

by Anonymousreply 7July 4, 2017 7:57 PM

A beautiful piece. Very Norman Lear-esque. No wonder Lear is a fangirl.

by Anonymousreply 8July 4, 2017 8:27 PM

His problem Hungarian gypsy stock.

by Anonymousreply 9July 5, 2017 4:33 AM

R9 Hwat? lol.

by Anonymousreply 10July 5, 2017 4:37 AM

Tedious beyond belief.

by Anonymousreply 11November 10, 2017 1:46 AM

Do you think he made Lady Jessica watch him jack off--- for the Peabody?

by Anonymousreply 12November 10, 2017 1:52 AM

HEEEEE URINAAAAATED UP MY BUM!

by Anonymousreply 13November 10, 2017 2:01 AM

Wow, I just watched this on Hulu, and it was incredible. Amazing performances from everyone involved, and Edie Falco breaking down at the end was heartbreaking.

by Anonymousreply 14October 30, 2018 7:13 PM

I have consistently loved everything he’s done (that I’ve seen, anyway). Loved “Louie” and “Better Things”. Brilliant stuff.

by Anonymousreply 15October 30, 2018 7:20 PM

Did Louis masturbate in front of Jessica Lange?

by Anonymousreply 16October 30, 2018 7:20 PM

An amazing series. Everyone involved brought their A game.

Lange, Metcalf and Falco are everything in this.

by Anonymousreply 17October 30, 2018 8:27 PM

He took [bold]it[/bold] out.

by Anonymousreply 18October 30, 2018 8:31 PM

I can't believe this bastard turned out to be such a sleaze. He created his grand masterpiece, his opus with this and then promptly took a shit all over it. Even Norman Lear raved about it on social media and was a huge fan.

What C.K. managed to accomplish in these vignettes, these slices of life joining and separating, is something great directors have spent their entire careers trying to capture.

This show ended up winning the Peabody Award and revitalizing Laurie Metcalf's career. The entire cast, from Alan Alda, to Jessica Lange, to Edie Falco, to Steve Buscemi, to every bit of dusty furniture and crooked lamp shades, was perfection.

by Anonymousreply 19November 4, 2018 4:23 PM

It was good but hyperbole, folks? Not the greatest thing since sliced bread.

by Anonymousreply 20November 4, 2018 5:03 PM

R20 Yes it was. Better than a fucking toasted buttered croissant.

by Anonymousreply 21November 4, 2018 5:25 PM

I'm halfway through this right now, and I don't think I've seen a better written show. Each episode is like a very intense play for which the viewer has a front row seat. I bet they all were done in one take too. No way could what Metcalf did be pieced together. Louis C.K. is an amazing writer and director, I'll give him that. But his own acting is the weak link here, if the series can be said to have one.

by Anonymousreply 22December 13, 2018 3:41 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!