Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

My Son, My Daughter: A Mother’s Evolution

Isabel Rose, the telegenic heiress to one of New York’s best-known real estate dynasties, has always had an ability to make her publicity-wary family squirm.

In 2005 she published a novel, “The J.A.P. Chronicles,” in which she took aim at the Hermès-clad, charter-plane-flying set whence she came. (In a mostly positive review, Kirkus Reviews called the novel’s characters “shallow, mean, self-centered, ruthless and resentful.”)

Ms. Rose, 48, is a fixture on the New York cabaret scene, performing an Ann-Margret-inspired act at nightspots like Joe’s Pub and 54 Below.

But recently, Ms. Rose has been in the news for something with considerably larger stakes: the gender transition of her 8-year-old child, Sadie (formerly Samuel).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 135February 8, 2018 12:08 AM

Gross. Another Frau who is nearing 50 and needs to hit the attention feeder bar desperately. It's a pity she is taking her [likely] gay son down this road. In 10-20 years there will be a lot of angry people whose sexuality will be surgically removed.

by Anonymousreply 1April 2, 2017 11:22 PM

Yes, I agree, R1

And the NY Times giving it prominent space in their pages. Again.

by Anonymousreply 2April 2, 2017 11:24 PM

It's dated April 01... are we certain it's not an April Fools joke?

by Anonymousreply 3April 2, 2017 11:28 PM

This line from her mother (?) makes no sense: ...Roses, apparently, are quiet. “We don’t like publicness,” Susan said...

Then why agree to be profiled?!

by Anonymousreply 4April 2, 2017 11:35 PM

Mom is a famewhore. Her gay son never had a chance.

Here's an idea for an NYT article ... Write a profile of 10 happy and healthy gays and lesbians who grew up as sissies, tomboys, little queens, and baby dykes who are thankful that no one tried to raise them as the opposite sex.

by Anonymousreply 5April 2, 2017 11:39 PM

There have always been crazy parents, bad parents, and parents who couldn't deal with their children's proto-gayness.

The problem here isn't bad parenting, which is nothing new, what worries me is that the corporate media conglomerates seem to be pushing the medical transition of children who would grow up to be gay if left alone. This is going to cause untold misery and destruction, but it's being popularized anyway.

by Anonymousreply 6April 2, 2017 11:53 PM

To be fair, this couple is NOT pushing anything medical on this child:

Sometimes, people ask whether Sadie’s “transitioning” means she has already begun surgery or taking hormones. Mr. Fagen patiently explains that those issues are years away, and that for now what has changed are simply “wardrobe and pronouns.”

by Anonymousreply 7April 2, 2017 11:56 PM

Alas, No, R3. She keeps getting "QUILTBAG" (the new LGBT acronym) awards for her "bravery".

by Anonymousreply 8April 3, 2017 12:01 AM

If you needed proof that having a trans child was trendy ...

I'm curious--those of you who were exceedingly femme children--did you ever wish you were a girl? Did you look into the mirror like Samuel and wish you could burn your face off?

by Anonymousreply 9April 3, 2017 12:04 AM

True r7 but there is also a huge amount of psychological damage being done to these children being raised with no understanding of reality.

by Anonymousreply 10April 3, 2017 12:05 AM

r7, I've read articles that indicate that early 'social transitioning' is incredibly effective on the psyche of a child, and that it is very difficult to change course. Seriously, it you kept hearing from the time you were a young child that you were 'born in the wrong body' how could you be expected not to believe that yourself?

by Anonymousreply 11April 3, 2017 12:05 AM

The "we don't like publicness" was a passive-aggressive slam at her daughter, R4, for taking this all public and forcing the grandmother to be part of it, whether she wanted to be or not.

by Anonymousreply 12April 3, 2017 12:06 AM

R5, I'd be pleased to be one of the sissyboys profiled. My mother was absolutely gutted when my 2nd grade teacher sent a note home about my "girlish tendencies", as I preferred to play Barbies (loved the clothes and accessories), rather than get dirty or hurt playing with the boys. I never thought I was a girl, and would have been very upset to have been forced into their bathroom. In fact, I believe I was as a taunt.

My VERY religious family would have transed me in a heartbeat. They had 2 older sons and had wanted a daughter. My mother adores being the center of attention, and would have preferred a "girl to dress up to a gay son.

I grew up fine. I am not overly queeny as an adult, and I make costumes professionally. Mom accepted me a long time ago, but isn't overjoyed with my homosexuality.

by Anonymousreply 13April 3, 2017 12:06 AM

So, what? They put teh kid on blockers, his penis stays baby sized, and the best he can hope for is a neo vageen made out of colon tissue? I would bet no one tells the kids this before putting them on blockers.

by Anonymousreply 14April 3, 2017 12:08 AM

I agree with R11

When Sadie hits puberty, it's going to be tough for her to say "hey, I want a big hairy cock and facial hair so that I can become a boy again, which everyone says made me miserable."

Xe's going to think "my parents and the doctors must know better, I'll start taking these hormones."

by Anonymousreply 15April 3, 2017 12:08 AM

Sorry, this is the only way I can see the replies.

by Anonymousreply 16April 3, 2017 12:13 AM

Oh, my....goodness... well yes darling this certainly is c-r-e-a-t-I-v-e.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17April 3, 2017 12:16 AM

She's my daughter...

by Anonymousreply 18April 3, 2017 12:20 AM

She's my son...

by Anonymousreply 19April 3, 2017 12:21 AM

She's my daughter...and my son!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 20April 3, 2017 12:21 AM

When "Sadie" hits puberty, he'll want to have a boyfriend. Gay boys won't want him and neither will 99% of the straight boys.

A little "girl" with a pee pee only appeals to pedophiles.

by Anonymousreply 21April 3, 2017 12:26 AM

[quote]Mr. Fagen patiently explains that those issues are years away, and that for now what has changed are simply “wardrobe and pronouns.”

"As far as I can tell, gender expression is best summarized in a single word: FASHION." -Jordan B Peterson

by Anonymousreply 22April 3, 2017 12:37 AM

Mom seems to have a website of her own... what say DL?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23April 3, 2017 12:38 AM

How productive, R24. We are the bigots? Please.

Go dilate your axe wound, and be sure to clear out all the fecal material.

by Anonymousreply 25April 3, 2017 12:48 AM

Jacob Bernstein sure ain't at the level of Carl or Nora... damn he's a clumsy writer.

by Anonymousreply 26April 3, 2017 12:52 AM

People on this thread are concerned about the kid and R24 comes on with "faggot" and violent threats.

by Anonymousreply 27April 3, 2017 12:54 AM

Yes, R26. He is dumb and he doesn't know what he is talking about. But he knows what cliches to write.

by Anonymousreply 28April 3, 2017 12:54 AM

R24 is a typical violent, mentally ill tranny. A heterosexual fetishist with anger issues, just what should be in the locker room with young girls!

by Anonymousreply 29April 3, 2017 12:56 AM

An unhinged tranny with a 9mm. Sleep well tonight!

by Anonymousreply 30April 3, 2017 12:58 AM

Trannie Get Your Gun! - a new musical at The Shubert

by Anonymousreply 31April 3, 2017 1:08 AM

This whole thing seems rather fascinating with the veiled insults from the grandmother, references to other unhappy family members, the cabaret career, multiple marriages, current metrosexual husband, etc. Maybe there's a screenplay in here somewhere?

by Anonymousreply 32April 3, 2017 1:34 AM

Thank God for two things:

Growing up before the age of social media.

Not having a mother willing to use you for likes-and-clicks.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33April 3, 2017 1:47 AM

r24, way to disprove the theory that transgenderism is a mental illness.

by Anonymousreply 34April 3, 2017 1:48 AM

The mother is insane.

by Anonymousreply 35April 3, 2017 1:50 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36April 3, 2017 1:55 AM

I love you, R31.

by Anonymousreply 37April 3, 2017 1:57 AM

My fellas

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38April 3, 2017 1:59 AM

The husband is hot!

by Anonymousreply 39April 3, 2017 2:02 AM

He is hot, and she pushing 50, is drama supposed to hold him?

There are photos of smiling SAM at age 5, pretty sudden change.

She is clearly book smart but unstable. She went to a LOT of schools.

by Anonymousreply 40April 3, 2017 2:12 AM

R38 are you friends with her...or is her Facebook page open to all? Not a Facebook user, so can't see for myself. If you know her personally what can you share about all this?

by Anonymousreply 41April 3, 2017 2:13 AM

It means she was calling him a boy and a fella not too long ago

by Anonymousreply 42April 3, 2017 2:22 AM

Her page is public.

Who is the audience for her cabaret with drag queens?

by Anonymousreply 43April 3, 2017 2:23 AM

Other wealthy self-indulgent people and those who enable them, R43.

by Anonymousreply 44April 3, 2017 2:24 AM

An article she wrote for Harper's Bazaar. With that first pic my eye was drawn to her hair and jewelry, and the sun is shining on her. Her son is almost an afterthought.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45April 3, 2017 2:29 AM

Her career seems in a bit of a lull, could she be angling for a reality show?

by Anonymousreply 46April 3, 2017 2:30 AM

The kid has very small eyes, would be a more attractive boy. The mom seems to compensate with Ann Margaret liner and false eyelashes.

by Anonymousreply 47April 3, 2017 2:32 AM

R40 not sure what you mean? She went to a private elementary & middle school, then moved to another private school for high school, undergrad Yale, and grad school at Bennington. How is that a LOT of schools? Seems like the pretty normal sequence for most people... you do realize you can't go straight through from kindergarten to grad school at the same institution, don't you dear?

by Anonymousreply 48April 3, 2017 2:32 AM

The show is singing, dancing, drag queens, Jimmy Choo shoes, and a transkid. And a letter to Ivanka.

by Anonymousreply 49April 3, 2017 2:34 AM

Here she is on CNN

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50April 3, 2017 2:38 AM

Wait, I thought drag queens were "problematic" and "transphobic?" Confused.

Pimping out the kid - does she want him to be the new Jazz? Lots of parents blur their kids' faces or would give them privacy...

by Anonymousreply 51April 3, 2017 2:39 AM

She comes across pretty well there R50... makes me like her more than based solely upon the NYT piece.

by Anonymousreply 52April 3, 2017 2:40 AM

Yes, but why can't the kid just play dress up, and whatever he wants - why does his sex have to be changed?. Talking about it calmly is very disturbing and dangerous.

by Anonymousreply 53April 3, 2017 2:41 AM

Here she is again

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54April 3, 2017 2:43 AM

Can someone write a letter to Ivanka saying this is harmful?

by Anonymousreply 55April 3, 2017 2:45 AM

R53 Well, supposedly the kid got very upset when referred to as male... even when they allowed the dress up stuff to happen. We'll never really know as it was all in private... so maybe it really played out that way, or maybe it was coached in that direction by the parents. It's impossible for us to know.

by Anonymousreply 56April 3, 2017 2:45 AM

moms of transkids (yes, she's in there)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57April 3, 2017 2:47 AM

R56, It still doesn't make the kid female.

Did you ever read a biography on Katharine Hepburn? When she was a kid, she insisted that people call her "Jimmy" and she dressed like a boy and had a boy's haircut for years.

by Anonymousreply 58April 3, 2017 2:49 AM

This is so obviously another form of Munchausen by proxy. Parent injuring the child to get attention. And rather than questioning, the media supports and promotes this illness.

by Anonymousreply 59April 3, 2017 3:13 AM

How about - "Loving your child means accepting their GNC, not castrating him or getting her a double mastectomy."

Jazz is typical in struggling to make friends or find potential romantic interests. Most straight people want to reproduce, not possible with a sterile T. Gays and lesbians want SAME sex partners, not a visual approximation. All want pheromones, etc, and sexual responsiveness. The realities are why the rate of suicide goes UP after transition.

by Anonymousreply 60April 3, 2017 3:15 AM

Sadie, Sadie transgendered lady... that's me!

Babs... wondering how she can get the rights for this material... Dr. Lowenstein will counsel this family.

by Anonymousreply 61April 3, 2017 3:16 AM

yes, I agree, R59. And this one is very much interested in attention, fame, publicity

by Anonymousreply 62April 3, 2017 3:17 AM

They can get away with this when they are little kids, but as they get older, the kids (understandably) will get angry. Why did no one protect me? they will think. And no one did - not the parents, not the school, not the reporters.

by Anonymousreply 63April 3, 2017 3:19 AM

Interesting article about the extended Rose family (from 10 years ago).... seems she no longer respects their "wish for privacy".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64April 3, 2017 3:22 AM

[quote] Why did no one protect me? they will think. And no one did - not the parents, not the school, not the reporters.

Nor medical or psychiatric professionals. Non-gender conforming children are doomed to exploitation and abuse. Just like in Iran, Pakistan, etc.

by Anonymousreply 65April 3, 2017 3:26 AM

Kids are quick to pick up on their parents cues, whether or not the parents are even aware they are sending them.

Can't help but think that mom got a little happier every time Sam said he liked being a girl and that he learned the way to make mom happy was to say he wanted to be a girl.

Did any of you who were very femme/butch as kids actually ever want to be the other sex? Or was it so outside the realm of possible, you would have immediately dismissed the idea?

by Anonymousreply 66April 3, 2017 3:32 AM

Any New York Dataloungers know her? Somebody must!

by Anonymousreply 67April 3, 2017 4:10 AM

She seems cray-cray

by Anonymousreply 68April 3, 2017 4:51 AM

Damn, r20 beat me to it.

by Anonymousreply 69April 3, 2017 5:08 AM

R37 I have a feeling we know each other already. Are you in NYC? Send me a code word we might both be able to pick up on.

by Anonymousreply 70April 3, 2017 5:47 AM

Will it have a shenis?

by Anonymousreply 71April 3, 2017 6:20 AM

The way these "transkid" stories are reported on is never serious investigative journalism (what these stories so badly need). They, and the accompanying photography are presented as commercials - I guess because that is what they are - they are trying to sell us something. In the NY Times article, it's the wacky mom doing all these wacky things, and she's got a "transkid," too. In the CNN video, there is a soft-spoken tone from the mom who cares looking into the camera, speaking to us directly about why he has to be "transgender," and look there are photos of him smiling once he is a transgender girl.

by Anonymousreply 72April 3, 2017 11:41 AM

True r72 and any attempt at real investigative journalism is met with demands for it to be shut down. Someone on another thread said the Australian broadcast of the BBC documentary about trans kids was pulled hours before airing because of trans objections. They cannot allow anything that isn't 100% pro trans, no discussion of the dangers, the regrets, any objective look at it.

by Anonymousreply 73April 3, 2017 11:47 AM

[quote]They cannot allow anything that isn't 100% pro trans, no discussion of the dangers, the regrets, any objective look at it.

Just like Islam.

by Anonymousreply 74April 3, 2017 11:54 AM

Smiled as a boy too, her Fbook is public.

by Anonymousreply 75April 3, 2017 12:05 PM

My post disappeared -

In all out attempt to invade any privacy for women, T have bullied their way into LLL meetings and leadership. Forget the discomfort of new moms at having a bearded stranger give them hands on assistance with "chest feeding." You might think the dysphoria would be a barrier to effective communication on women's issues and concerns, ha, just another group to bully into submission. The FtT bully women too, just don't dare with men.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76April 3, 2017 12:10 PM

r24 = proof that the Ts are mentally ill, homophobic & misogynist.

by Anonymousreply 77April 3, 2017 12:46 PM

They can't show that now, R75

by Anonymousreply 78April 3, 2017 2:47 PM

R31/r70, I wish I were in NYC- Not since the year after I graduated college in '98-did you go to NYU, or work on any Broadway Productions around that time? If you did, does "O Bensonhurst!" ring a bell?

by Anonymousreply 79April 3, 2017 3:01 PM

I kind of knew Isabel Rose (the mom) years ago. She always wanted to be a famous singer. I had no idea she was an heiress. Now she's more famous than she ever was, and it's not because of her singing.

by Anonymousreply 80April 3, 2017 4:41 PM

Stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid, stupid.

by Anonymousreply 81April 3, 2017 4:45 PM

Huh?

by Anonymousreply 82April 3, 2017 10:24 PM

Isabel is beautiful.

by Anonymousreply 83April 4, 2017 9:02 PM

He's trans because he liked mermaids, as a boy? At age 2?

by Anonymousreply 84April 4, 2017 9:08 PM

This poor kid in the first profile is obviously a fat boy in a dress with long hair, it's so sad, he would be much more attractive as the boy he is.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85April 5, 2017 3:25 AM

She's almost as insufferable as Melissa Erico

by Anonymousreply 86April 6, 2017 9:36 PM

bump

by Anonymousreply 87April 14, 2017 8:58 PM

[quote]I kind of knew Isabel Rose (the mom) years ago. She always wanted to be a famous singer. I had no idea she was an heiress. Now she's more famous than she ever was, and it's not because of her singing.

If they turn her story into a Broadway musical, I can play her. Patti LuPone can play my mother.

by Anonymousreply 88April 14, 2017 9:26 PM

She always looks *way* too happy and show offy with the kid while he's dressed in drag--and she brings him to public events and make sure the photogs get a shot.

I 100% believe that she encouraged or helped engineer this psychologically within the child.

She is a *major* attention whore (and she's getting older--a no no in any kind of entertainment career), and this whole "trans" thing not only gets her tons of press, but ensures that she's the center of attention in any society event she goes to in NYC--as long as she makes sure that her son dressed in drag is there along with her....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89April 14, 2017 9:43 PM

Looks like she's proudly showing off an ornate doll or a prize pig in the pic above

by Anonymousreply 90April 14, 2017 9:45 PM

Seeing her name and the mention that she has a cabaret act made me realized that I have heard of her once before.

There was this (really) low budget indie film (a musical actually) that came out in 2003 (and that was reviewed everywhere--including (I think) whatever show Ebert had on the air at the time) called, "Anything But Love", and it starred this "newcomer" named Isabel Rose who co-wrote the starring role for herself (and I believe also produced it too).

It was about a "poor but lovable" NYC singer trying to "make it to the big time" and starred Rose in the lead and also had Andrew McCarthy in it as well.

It really seemed like a vanity project for Rose at the time (I had no idea who she was though and didn't know why she and this film were being promoted so hard). Reviews were "it's okay" to "it's good/charming!" and it got plenty of press for an indie film.

I saw some of it on tv later; it was worse than most reviews said. It seemed cheap and wasn't that well written. Also, Rose really is *no* "star" and this came across loud and clear with her in the lead.

With another actress in the central role, the movie could have been fun and entertaining on some level. Andrew McCarthy was still good in it (in his small role) and it really made you miss him as an actor.

Anyway, the movie was really meant to "launch" Isabel Rose's career, and--needless to say--it didn't. I don't think she ever had another film role and she faded into obscurity.

Clearly, this was crushing to her and she'll do *anything* to be the center of the attention that she's always craved--even using her poor young son to do it.

("Anything But Love" poster below)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91April 14, 2017 10:22 PM

Isabel in her one movie...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92April 14, 2017 10:24 PM

Andrew McCarthy in Isabel's one movie....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93April 14, 2017 10:25 PM

Frau with a question: If you are L, G, or B, would you ever or did you ever tell the adults around you that you wanted to be the opposite gender? Did you ask to be called by a name from the opposite gender?

Just wondering, honestly for the sake of my own education, if it is easy to mistake one phenomenon for the other, or if, with some straightforward diagnostic criteria, it is possible to accurately figure out what is really going on with these children.

That said, it is concerning to see St. Angelina, Megan Fox and either Bullock or Charlize with their kids in princess dresses. I understand that some kids are born transgender, and that some kids would rather wear clothes of the opposite sex, but if it appears too frequently then I begin to wonder if it isn't just some publicity stunt type stuff, and that would be alarming.

by Anonymousreply 94April 14, 2017 10:47 PM

R94 no kids are born transgender. Because it's not real. You are male or female, a vanishingly small number have a chromosomal disorder making a hybrid of both. That's it.

Some kids will go through a phase of wanting to be called by another name or only play with toys stereotypically associated with the opposite sex. That is normal and means nothing. Liking Barbie is not a definition of female.

Some people suffer from personality disorders. Gender dysphoria is a personality disorder. That doesn't mean a man is really a woman it means he has a psychiatric issue.

Body dysmorphia is another disorder. If you think your left leg is wrong it doesn't mean you're really naturally one legged it means you have a psychiatric issue.

Then there's the fetishists. Autogynephiles abound. Because a man wears lingerie doesn't mean he's a woman and a BIG hint here is that women don't normally get an erect penis when pulling on their panties.

by Anonymousreply 95April 14, 2017 11:02 PM

[quote] Frau with a question: If you are L, G, or B, would you ever or did you ever tell the adults around you that you wanted to be the opposite gender? Did you ask to be called by a name from the opposite gender?

Gay male here. I grew up in the 70s where gender bending wasn't a big deal. i never asked to be called a female name.

r94, please don't conflate gay/trans issues, even though the media does. The gay movement taught me: learn to love yourself as you are. If you feel like the opposite gender (ie a feminine boy or a butch girl) that's cool, rock it, and enjoy your life.

The trans movement taught me: If young children behave as the opposite gender it means they must be doused with hormones in preparation for their eventual castration (or breast removal). Expressing disbelief in the illusion of 'transitioning' makes you as hateful as racist lynch mobs so don't admit it in public.

by Anonymousreply 96April 14, 2017 11:06 PM

The full documentary of "My Transgender Summer Camp" is below.

At the 2 min 45 sec mark, a mother explains how at the age of 2 she noticed her son had a preference for pink and sparkles. By the age of 3 they began the process of raising a "transgender daughter." Other trans camp attendees began to transition at equally young ages.

This is insane. These parents are mentally ill. And these medical professionals should be stripped of their ability destroy lives of little boys who may or may not be gay.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 97April 14, 2017 11:11 PM

As the others said, R94, there is no such thing as "transkids," these kids are being abused because they picked up the wrong toy, or liked sparkles. It is imaginative play - a lot of kids have pretended they were a boy, or a girl, or a grown-up. Someone told me she knew a kid that liked to pretend he was an animal. (As mentioned upthread, Katharine Hepburn pretended she was a boy for years, and demanded to be called "Jimmy"). Now kids are no longer safe to play in their own homes. If a girl wants to wear pants and play with a car, does that make her a boy? People would have said that was stupid sexist thinking 30 years ago, but now that kid could be trapped in this social hysteria. It's like the time of witches, those women that got caught up with that weren't really witches, but society at that time became obsessed with that idea, and certain women got caught up with it and paid the price.

The adult men are either straight men with a fetish where they get turned on if someone sees them in a dress in heels, or deep-in-the closet homosexuals who hate themselves so much they want to mutilate their body and tell themselves they are becoming something else. To have the fetishists on parade and in places like women's bathrooms when they are exhibitionists is creepy, and the bathroom thing is a real danger. For the deep-in-the closet gays that mutilate themselves, this is disturbing self-loathing, and psychological and health services, if genuine, would be counselling them against this, not encouraging them to do so. "Clinics" have opened up that "specialize" in this. Some of these "clinics" are by the pediatric wing.

by Anonymousreply 98April 14, 2017 11:58 PM

It's obviously a HUGE thing to transition. If your kid really has sexual identity issues - let them dress up, let them "be girls" (if boys) and do girl things. But, do not block hormones, allow surgery, or anything else like that. Let them go through puberty and then become and adult and if they STILL fell the want to permanently transition, then let them make the choice.

by Anonymousreply 99April 15, 2017 12:00 AM

r97, who would, when their kid is age THREE, map out a future involving genital mutilation and a lifetime of hormones for the kid? It does seem like a variant of Munchausen by proxy. If your kid is gender-nonconforming, wouldn't it be best to support him/her and leave him/her alone?

I truly don't understand this phenomenon.

by Anonymousreply 100April 16, 2017 3:23 AM

They are being pushed to think this way now by the media and the internet, but underneath it all is a real narrow-minded dumb sexist way of thinking that it is a big deal if a kid plays with "wrong" toy/wants "wrong" clothes. It's stupidity on top of stupidity leading to cruelty and harm.

by Anonymousreply 101April 16, 2017 3:32 AM

Jesus wept r97, I can't even imagine being a counselor at that camp full of drama ka-weens! And once again they push the whole "he liked pink so he's a girl!' rhetoric. The one kid Maxy didn't even know the gender of her best friend there. FFS.

by Anonymousreply 102April 16, 2017 4:16 AM

"If i only cared about being sparkly and outfits then i'd be a gay man" says maxi at about 31:00 in that video. And progressive caring mom doesn't correct the kids stereotyping of gay men. Maxy seems to think that since he doesn't identify as a gay man, he's a woman. He clearly fantasizes about having a straight male husband. Which seems unlikely.

It reminds me of Paris is Burning, where that sad drag queen dreams of a white picket fence life.

by Anonymousreply 103April 16, 2017 4:24 AM

Oh my god, so telling at 23:00 in the video, Maxi's dad says how hard it is to have a trans kid and how he would love if the kid were normal and the mom fixes a steely glare on him and says she wouldn't change anything about the kid. Maxi stares off sadly in the distance. Wow, just in case anyone were wondering if this were pushed on him. She makes Jeanette Jennings look shy and reserved.

by Anonymousreply 104April 16, 2017 4:34 AM

Yeah, he didn't say the right thing, and she got mad. He strayed from the script. It's a project with the kids.

by Anonymousreply 105April 16, 2017 5:06 AM

Transgenderism is basically the only body dysmorphia where society is encouraged to feed the delusion rather than help the sufferer deal with it. You don't tell anorectics that they're right and they really should lose another ten pounds or the BIID people that yes, lopping a leg off would help them feel more authentic and be happier, so why do we delude these people? That anorectic woman in Jersey I think was just able to die, the court finally granted her removal of a feeding tube when she told them she was suffering and didn't want to be forced to eat anymore. This seems like a huge precedent that may cause some shifts, we'll see.

by Anonymousreply 106April 16, 2017 5:51 AM

Yes, R106. It is because in this one male & female and gay & straight are involved.

by Anonymousreply 107April 16, 2017 6:10 AM

[quote]Frau with a question: If you are L, G, or B, would you ever or did you ever tell the adults around you that you wanted to be the opposite gender? Did you ask to be called by a name from the opposite gender?

Never occurred to me. In my house no one ever said "girls do this" or "boys do this"; that probably has something to do with it.

by Anonymousreply 108April 16, 2017 6:18 AM

I think it's great that there's a place where kids can go and feel free to be themselves.

It's interesting how these kids are male, and all they seem to care about is makeup and putting on talent shows. And they think that that is what makes them girls. Meanwhile, bio girls at this age are just learning about pregnancy, and most have started menstruating, and they have to be trained how to resist unwanted advances, and learn how to avoid certain males, etc.

The trans kids are basically drag queens. Good for them. But they'll never be bio girls, and never have a bio girl experience, except superficially.

by Anonymousreply 109April 16, 2017 1:19 PM

Yes, but they are not really "free to be themselves" if they "transgender" is the only outcome. The only outcome and a life sentence.

They are actually having their ability to play or be imaginative taken away from them. Viciously.

by Anonymousreply 110April 16, 2017 2:12 PM

R95 That little kid isn't an "autogynephila" person, he's a victim of his mom. That's not an actual diagnosis, BTW, it was a theory put forward by one person. So if we're going with science here, then let's not promote a phony theory. most of the peoople saying they are trans are hopping on a trend, much of it fueled by parents fears of having gay/lesbian kids.

by Anonymousreply 111April 16, 2017 2:51 PM

I wanted to be a boy as a child. I was severely abused by my mother, who repeatedly told me I'd been an accident. She loved my older brother though as he'd been her wanted one. I thought that if I was a boy, she'd want me. I cut my hair off and said I wanted to be called Paul, the name my parents had chosen if I'd have been a boy.

I totally grew out of it and am a straight Frau who has been happily married for many years. I cut contact with my parents many years ago.

by Anonymousreply 112April 16, 2017 6:46 PM

r112 That pathology totally makes sense. And years from now, the butchered and sterile Maxi will remember how his mom also wanted him to be a girl. Oh and sorry your mom was a cunt.

by Anonymousreply 113April 16, 2017 6:50 PM

I didn't don't say he was autogynephiliac r111. If you notice I listed gender dysphoric and body dysmorphia. This kid isn't that either but newsflash: whether you call it autogynephilia or fetishism the result is the same - men who get sexual excitement from dressing as a woman. Autogynephilia isn't a medical condition it's a sexual kink. It exists and I've met plenty of them. Sad sack inadequate fetishists who get erect at the thought of slipping on a pair of black nylon panties.

by Anonymousreply 114April 16, 2017 6:52 PM

Is this the new autism?

by Anonymousreply 115April 16, 2017 7:20 PM

autism and satanic panic r115

by Anonymousreply 116April 16, 2017 7:33 PM

Yay!! They brought this thread back! It was totally missing and disappeared from my thread watcher for almost 2 days; couldn't find a trace of it in the DL search engine or through Google either throughout the same time period...

by Anonymousreply 117April 16, 2017 7:50 PM

A friend of a friend worked as a nanny for an upper class couple in Los Angeles who worked in the entertainment industry (not famous, just successful behind the scenes); anyway she was a total pro and is a very open minded person.

The couple she worked for had one 5 year old child--a son that they were "transitioning" to a girl. She had to always dress him in girl clothes and call him by a girl's name 24/7; he only had girl toys as well.

She said that the kid himself was all kinds of confused. He "thought" he was a girl, but also had moments when he wanted to do more masculine things like sports and certain types of play and seemed to see himself as a boy during certain moments.

The parents were militant though, and wouldn't let the nanny respond to, legitimize, or acknowledge the kid's confusion or moments of him wanting to "act like boy" or possibly identify as one.

She said that the whole environment felt more like some kind of indoctrination camp; because the kid apparently started "acting like a girl" at 2-3, and now the parents were "committed to the program"--ignoring the fact that the child wasn't into it 24/7 anymore and had questions about being a boy and boy things (though always still dressed as a girl with girl toys and a pink room, etc.)

The kid was interested in other options and changing (at times); he was questioning things. The parents *were not*. It was like this had become *their* identity too. And they were hard core liberal progressives.

The nanny said she hated having to lie to the kid 24/7 and not even being allowed to say certain words to him or respond to any questions he had about boys or being a boy.

She called it an "oppressive environment"--despite all of the opulence and good pay--and couldn't wait to get another job. As soon as she did, she left the family (kid was still 5) and said that she felt "broken" as a person after this because she felt like there was nothing that could be done to help this confused, struggling kid as long as he had parents like that....

by Anonymousreply 118April 16, 2017 8:08 PM

The broken link in the chain that is supposed to be supporting kids like the one at R118 is the medical community.

This boy should be having regular psychological counseling sessions where he feels free to give regular updates on his condition. Doctors are the ones who should be providing the parents with the correct path. Doctors should re-evaluate the diagnosis and pause the treatment. Since when do parents read stuff of the internet and create their own plan of action? Only with gender dysphoria. (And the anti-vaccine crowd.)

I'm not a fan of lawsuit-happy American society, (or waiting until the damage is done and these kids are adults) but multi-million dollar lawsuits are the only hope of knocking some sense into the medical community.

by Anonymousreply 119April 17, 2017 1:48 AM

I just saw this linked on reddit, a Jezebel article about that doctor that was doing female genital mutilation, you know, on females. Quelle Surprise a fucking ftm comes in and demands that we pay attention to "her" because she is a woman who was born as a man and therefore also had female genital mutilation as she was circumcised! Luckily, most of the women aren't having it, check out the comment section and how many times "she" tries to bring it back to her own female circumcision.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 120April 17, 2017 7:56 AM

Dear god that tranny in the comments at r120 is full on insane. He's actually claiming that FGM is less damaging than circumcision and that more botched circumcisions happen every year than the total of FGMs. He also claims he was born female, with apparently no understanding of reality or science. He's a hate filled sack of shit.

by Anonymousreply 121April 17, 2017 9:57 AM

No, autistic kids DON'T need double mastectomies, OR castration.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 122April 17, 2017 12:41 PM

r120 i think you mean MTF. That doctor clearly has some internalized misogyny going on, he is probably jealous that the young girls he mutilated will be able to menstruate and give birth, which he can never ever achieve despite his appearance.

by Anonymousreply 123April 17, 2017 5:24 PM

wait, is the doctor trans? I'm confused.

by Anonymousreply 124April 17, 2017 6:36 PM

Another young boy swept up into this...even says he is not sure.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 125April 18, 2017 2:31 PM

Poor lad. He's a gay boy who wants to play dress-up and not have to "butch it up" at school.

It's too bad he has no one to turn to outside of his misguided mom and the "trans" community.

He has the eyes of a lost soul.

by Anonymousreply 126April 18, 2017 2:59 PM

He does. He looks sad.

by Anonymousreply 127April 18, 2017 3:13 PM

Why does it have to be either/or? Why can't that kid dress 'like a girl' and not require medical intervention? When did being open to androgyny (the Bowie years) give way to slavish adherence to gender stereotypes to the extent that you're willing to mutilate your kid?

'Transitioning' is a lie and does not help kids like him.

by Anonymousreply 128April 18, 2017 11:52 PM

Whoa, nothing about "Amber"s hot brother in r125? You guys are slipping!

by Anonymousreply 129April 19, 2017 4:19 AM

Are all of these "dress up" kids necessarily gay? DL seems to jump to that conclusion for every single kid. I'm sure MANY are, but kids go through all sorts of phases .

by Anonymousreply 130April 19, 2017 4:23 AM

The majority of them usually are, R130. People who have studied and worked with them have said that that was the case. So we are witnessing a gay-cleanse. Of course some could have grown up to be straight, too, but gay, or straight, they are definitely not "transgender" or the opposite sex. Big lies and cruelty going on here.

by Anonymousreply 131April 19, 2017 12:43 PM

R130 and r131 are both right - not all kids messing around with non stereotypical behavior will be gay but the trans lobby doesn't accept that ANY kid can dress up or play with the "wrong" toy and not be trans. It IS a gay cleanse, many fundie parents would rather have a 'medical condition' of trans than say their kid is homosexual. Those little gaylings are being sterilized and psychologically damaged for homophobic reasons.

The straight kids who play dress up are being denied the very idea that you can really not give a fuck about gender roles and *NOT BE TRANS*. The lunacy is that the trans equate clothing with biology. Fuckwits, dangerous fuckwits every one of them.

by Anonymousreply 132April 19, 2017 2:48 PM

Finally ... some common sense!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 133April 20, 2017 12:08 AM

YES r133. thanks for posting. Glad that mom is sensible.

by Anonymousreply 134April 20, 2017 12:54 AM

Wonder what's happening with this kid now? Still just pronouns and clothes?

by Anonymousreply 135February 8, 2018 12:08 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!