Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Monday April 3rd is Miss Faye Dunaway day on TCM!!!

Network, The Champ, The Arrangement, and Bonnie and Clyde plus the premiere of a one hour interview with me from the TCM Film Festival.

And if any of you say "La La Land" I will have you taken care of.

by Anonymousreply 11April 23, 2018 2:48 PM

The owner of Crawford.

by Anonymousreply 1April 2, 2017 2:53 AM

Was this recorded last year at the TCM fest?

They're already showing footage of it on the network previews, so it's clearly not from the TCM FEST that hasn't started yet this year. (Or was this done on the TCM Cruise?)

by Anonymousreply 2April 2, 2017 2:59 AM

Yes r2. it was recorded last year.

I heard Ben M. discussing it recently at a lecture and he said the think he took away from it was what a hard worker Dunaway is and how hard she prepares for her roles.

by Anonymousreply 3April 2, 2017 3:31 AM

Boy is she....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4April 2, 2017 3:45 AM

Hey, hon, that gaffe put you back on the map.

Even better, that gaffe wasn't your doing.

And everyone was talking about you.

Use it.

by Anonymousreply 5April 2, 2017 4:04 AM

What? No Mommie Dearest.

by Anonymousreply 6April 2, 2017 4:15 AM

Yeah, [R6], I think that part of the reason Dunaway agreed to this "big interview", talking about her *entire* career, etc. is because TCM probably agreed to only talk about her films *aside from* "Mommie Dearest" and they agreed to really build up her career and all her "other achievements" and omit MD from the conversation (or at least majorly downplay it).

I doubt she would have agreed to the interview otherwise....

by Anonymousreply 7April 2, 2017 5:16 AM

I'm sure they cover it r7. She spoke about it at length when she did Inside the Actors Studio. (it is youtube)

by Anonymousreply 8April 2, 2017 5:35 AM

La La Land!

by Anonymousreply 9April 3, 2017 3:44 AM

Too bad they're not showing her self-conscious performance in VOYAGE OF THE DAMNED, an earnest if leaden film based on a true event in 1937, when a liner full of Jewish refugees was refused entry at several international ports. Dunaway plays Oskar Werner's pretentious, bitchy, monocle-wearing wife. At one point, after yet another poignant moment, she exhorts the orchestra, "Play something light, a conga!"

by Anonymousreply 10April 3, 2017 4:28 AM

Love Faye!

by Anonymousreply 11April 23, 2018 2:48 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!