Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

AwardsWatch

The board for self-confessed Actressexuals, gays obsessed with actresses. You can't find a more interesting place to discuss movies and legends than this. Where else can you get into a feud over Meryl Streep's filmography?

Let's talk the hottest - and bitchest- members too. Is Erik really that old? Why is Dirk a bitter queen? Is McTeague closeted?

by Anonymousreply 413May 11, 2023 10:26 PM

These names mean NOTHING to me.

by Anonymousreply 1March 23, 2017 6:29 PM

They hate Lange there. You can get banned for pretty much talking about her.

by Anonymousreply 2March 23, 2017 6:32 PM

They worship Nicole Kidman and call her Legend. I kid you not.

by Anonymousreply 3March 23, 2017 6:36 PM

I much preferred the UAADB (The Unofficial Academy Awards Database). Extremely intelligent discussions about film and the Oscars and none of that obsessive fan-girling.

by Anonymousreply 4March 23, 2017 6:37 PM

Does the Aniston/Bullock obsessed poster still go there? She was hilarious despite herself . Every few weeks she'd send crazed messages to anyone who disagreed with her and they'd post them mock her and she'd get suspended.

by Anonymousreply 5March 23, 2017 6:39 PM

The hottest member is Hardys, but he's such a drama queen and attention whore it's hard to withstand. He was kicked out of Gold Derby for a reason.

by Anonymousreply 6March 23, 2017 6:40 PM

R5 You're thinking of clearwatergirl and no, she was banned.

by Anonymousreply 7March 23, 2017 6:41 PM

McTeague is gayer than every poster of Men showing their gloryholes thread

by Anonymousreply 8March 23, 2017 6:48 PM

Can't stand lazarus, Artimus, Alvy Singer, haqynus, filmy, Dr_Dmitri-Yuriev. The rest is pretty okay.

by Anonymousreply 9March 23, 2017 6:54 PM

The sexiest: Luc, Hardys, Moviefreak, just a pretty boy, Nabuch, Aldo, David Giancarlo, veritas, Derek34

The funniest: guany, siowafc, McTeague, Kostas, jb, Critix, Pingy, CINNAMON, kitkat, ladylurks, JoshTheOriginal, Eduardo Zuckerberg

The bitchest: lazarus, Artimus, affy18, Dally, jjj, dlong, Cucul1za, RobYo, Souler, Jiffy, lbu, Scarmi, Lost in the Warmest Color

The autistic ones: Alvy Singer, Sara Allorn, crazyfists3600m, Dr_Dmitri-Yuriev, Fred, ldw

by Anonymousreply 10March 23, 2017 7:07 PM

Sounds like DL on stereoids.

by Anonymousreply 11March 23, 2017 7:17 PM

If we wan to talk shit about certain posters, then guany deserves a thread on his own.

by Anonymousreply 12March 23, 2017 7:19 PM

love it. it's very gay and shady in all of the best ways.

by Anonymousreply 13March 23, 2017 7:27 PM

Thanks R7 I haven't been there in a while

by Anonymousreply 14March 23, 2017 7:29 PM

why self-respecting adults would be feuding over meryl streep's career?

by Anonymousreply 15March 23, 2017 7:32 PM

GoldDerby is much better at predictions.

by Anonymousreply 16March 23, 2017 7:40 PM

R4 What's the deal with Sasha Stone?

by Anonymousreply 17March 23, 2017 7:42 PM

[QUOTE]What's the deal with Sasha Stone?

What's her deal? Her deal is that she's a CUNT.

by Anonymousreply 18March 23, 2017 7:45 PM

R18 Any tea to spill?

by Anonymousreply 19March 23, 2017 7:48 PM

R15 = Glenn Close

by Anonymousreply 20March 23, 2017 7:49 PM

Have they banned their residential Trump lover, SubtitleLover yet?

by Anonymousreply 21March 23, 2017 7:50 PM

I posted there for a while till I was jumped in by pretentious douchebags who ridiculed me for not liking 1920s silent movies.

by Anonymousreply 22March 23, 2017 8:15 PM

America's Favorite Housewife (AFH) - Amy Adams, starting in 2012. Guany saw an early screening of "Trouble with the Curve" and said that Adams could get nominated if the film became another The Blindside. It didn't, and Lawrence of Africa gave him shit for it, was convinced that he was an Amy Adams stan (nope), and starting calling her America's Favorite Housewife to attack him as they weren't exactly friendly (that was a long season). Sometimes the acronym AFH can also stand for Adams Funeral Home, where her Oscar dreams always end. See also Magda Damask, Lamy and Damy. Affected Transcendentalism - Affected Transcendentalism was McTeague's description of Juliette Binoche’s acting style as she thinks “acting” means “making a face as if everything around you is incredibly transcendent”. AnnE - Anne Hathaway, for correcting BFCA on how to spell her name. Ageless - Jessica Chastain. A play on the fact she wouldn't reveal her age to Hollywood for a long time, most likely hiding the fact she was born before the invention of cinema itself. August: Sausage County - August: Osage County. On a hot August night in 2013 the elite of AW elite (and Critix) met up in New York City to celebrate Kylie's birthday. After about 21 cocktails apiece we realize the male to female ratio of the party was skewed heavily toward the dick side, ergo it became August: Sausage County.

by Anonymousreply 23March 23, 2017 8:17 PM

Feels to clique-ish to me. Like Mean Girls but without half their iconic status.

by Anonymousreply 24March 23, 2017 8:29 PM

It used to be a fun place, but since they've broken up with Sasha it went downhill fast. Rampant misogyny (worse than here sometimes), favoritism (they ban people for certain things the moderators do all the time), and too many members that should've been banned a long time ago. And good luck getting engaging discussions going, you'll just get drag queen GIFs in return. It's just a fansite with no actual industry connections, but they take themselves so seriously.

by Anonymousreply 25March 23, 2017 8:33 PM

The only one who has any show business connections is Jason (Dirk) but he's obnoxious and lunatic.

by Anonymousreply 26March 23, 2017 8:37 PM

R25 Well said.

by Anonymousreply 27March 23, 2017 8:42 PM

Are there any straight and female posters or is it just a big old gay fest?

by Anonymousreply 28March 23, 2017 8:50 PM

R25 nails it. Smug, cliquey and very self-satisfied, and the use of drag queen GIFS to shut down conversation or dismiss someone that doesn't idolize their favorite actress has gotten real old.

McTeague is more obnoxious than most of DL, and surely closeted. Mildly amusing in small doses, but nowhere near as funny or insightful as he thinks.

Moviefreak is just a bad predictor and know-it-all little shit who talks like he's connected and authoritative but fools nobody. Dirk actually has a few connections, but is still pretty clueless while acting like a hardcore insider.

The fanboys are among the most tedious. Alvy Singer blindly worships Amy Adams and can't take any criticisms of his angel. JB has dreadful taste in actresses, and stans obsessively for basics like Kate Winslet, Jennifer Aniston and Helen Hunt; usually only makes short, witless comments.

To answer R28's question, I think some French basic who loves Jennifer Lawrence and Emma Stone is one of the few straight female posters. Sara Allorn. Actually, she has one of the highest post counts of any user who's only ever said boring, rude or useless things.

by Anonymousreply 29March 23, 2017 8:57 PM

R28 Most of the good female posters left a long time ago. I don't know who is still there. I haven't been there in a year or so. There was a real annoying lesbian who would have meltdowns over the slightest thing. She went apeshit when she thought Blue is the Warmest Color lost at Cannes.

by Anonymousreply 30March 23, 2017 8:58 PM

R29 Please write more, I love your sarcasm.

by Anonymousreply 31March 23, 2017 8:59 PM

R28 There are a couple of female posters, as well as some straight dudes (if you meant only male ones). Sara Allorn (basic taste and obnoxious), Libs (cool and sane), Julia (very reasonable and keeps everyone in check), Boo (funny and smart), Anp (confused but nice) and MorganaleFey (loves Huppert and tries too much to be mini McTeague) are female and they are mostly cool. LDW is a lesbian and she's downright crazy. I kid you not, she went apeshit when Carol was not nominated. As for straight dudes there are Artimus (arrogant and rude), Timmer (reasonable and nice), Aurelius (okay), Jabbercash (loves Mel Gibson and is a total bro), MrFilmkritik (kind of dim but nice), Aldo (apparently every gay there lusts after him and is Brazilian), Nabuch (handsome too but can be harsh), Aaron Lego (the smartest and nicest poster).

by Anonymousreply 32March 23, 2017 9:08 PM

The liberal knee-jerk fascist hypocrisy annoys me too. Especially, as R25 says, moderators indulging in blatant favouritism and cliqueishness by banning certain posters for shit they do the whole time.

R32, I agree with a few of those (like MrFilmkritic being pleasant) but I always found Julia (Woman Moderator, lol) quite obnoxious and entitled. Loves saying shit like "You have been warned" and "I'm not asking you...." Types obese.

by Anonymousreply 33March 23, 2017 9:11 PM

R33 Exactly! I can't stand her too. She reminds me of those fraus DL loves to talk shit about. The sooner they get in a position of power, the more they want to make it miserable for everyone else.

by Anonymousreply 34March 23, 2017 9:13 PM

I've never been to whatever forums these are but I think I recognize several names from Usenet on R10's list.

by Anonymousreply 35March 23, 2017 9:14 PM

R29 I like jb, he's fun and he doesn't attack other posters who disagreeing with him like McTeague or Moviefreak. Remember when McTeague throw a fit when posters dared to vote for mainstream, American films in one of the Top of each yer contest?

by Anonymousreply 36March 23, 2017 9:15 PM

R29 What do you think about guany, siowafc, filmy, Igor BiH, David Giancarlo and Cinesnatch?

by Anonymousreply 37March 23, 2017 9:16 PM

Madealah is a funny, shady old queen who seems like a decent person underneath his neurosis. I remember a thread where Julia gave him some power-hungry frau crap about something he said and he started his reply with "Bitch, you don't get to..." Kudos.

by Anonymousreply 38March 23, 2017 9:16 PM

R38 I like him too but he annoyed me when he supported Portman. Actually the wars between Portmaniacs and Stone's fans were ridiculous. She was never going to win yet they convinced himself she was unbeatable.

by Anonymousreply 39March 23, 2017 9:17 PM

R37, I'm sure they're all cunts, but I can't remember many specific posts by them.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40March 23, 2017 9:18 PM

[quote]Most of the good female posters left a long time ago. I don't know who is still there.

That happened on rec.arts.movies.past-films years ago, too. Some guy started a troll thread about actresses and it became clear within 24 hours that all the white hetero male regulars hated gays, women and anyone who had a name that "didn't sound white." Absolute chaos. Since then I've noticed these forums are almost all-straight and all-white and frequently all-male, and the classic film forums may have more women, but everyone is a conservative asshole. That's why I'd rather talk about movies here on DL.

But it's also why I think people calling Sasha a cunt are being cunts themselves. She's just a broad with an opinion. Stop losing your damn mind about chicks with thoughts.

by Anonymousreply 41March 23, 2017 9:19 PM

R39, yeah sometimes Madealah gets OCD and stubbornly blind about certain things, like supporting Natalie Portman when it was obvious she wasn't going to win again. He had some funny posts a few years ago giving out to posters being too young and basic to remember how Jennifer Jason Leigh was acclaimed by critics in the 90s.

Agree that the whole Portmaniacs vs. Stone fans thing was moronic. And calling Emma Stone "Stonegend" is even more stupid than referring to Nicole Kidman solely as Legend.

by Anonymousreply 42March 23, 2017 9:22 PM

Lol just the other day I was going to start a thread about other forums people visit and was going to post about AW. I visit that forum asidously as I an a huge film awards fan. But In mostly a lurker there. Been there since 2008 and have only 500 or so posts. I go by the name lugs15 and by not seeing my username already posted here in this thread I assume I go unnoticed. Like Im not part of the clique. But I find them funny and love the GoldRush contest. I really cant tell one user from another with the exception of erik, cwg and nose, whom I found insane but funny.

by Anonymousreply 43March 23, 2017 9:23 PM

R32 to expand on your thoughts:

Sara is your typical fag hag who wants to be liked by everyone and so acts nice to everyone and is as basic and thirsty as her fav, Redmayne.

Libs is like an older fun auntie who often comes as cringe but is cool so everyone accepts her.

MorganaleFey's is like a teacher's pet who tries to put as many smart words into her vocabulary and tries too hard with showing how refine her taste is.

Artimus is the worst type of moderator who often picks fights with users and threatens them with bans. To say he's obnoxious is to put it mildly.

Nabuch is your typical straight bro who makes fun of Jessica Chastain or Emily Blunt but secretly wishes he could fuck them.

MrFilmkritik is so nice and bland he disappears. He's like a male version of Mia Whathername.

Jabbercash is a typical contrarian who will root for anyone if it makes him seem different, but I can't help but laugh when he correctly predicted racist Gibson, Bernie Sanders supporter Vigo and Hacksaw Ridge to get nominated and how it ruffled other members feathers.

by Anonymousreply 44March 23, 2017 9:24 PM

Also I did not like how the conversation about Nicole Kidman being a Trump supporter got shut down.They adore that basic woman there.

by Anonymousreply 45March 23, 2017 9:26 PM

R3 Excuse me, there's only one legend.

by Anonymousreply 46March 23, 2017 9:26 PM

r45 There are only 5 people who like Stone. The majority rightfully thinks she shouldn't have won.

by Anonymousreply 47March 23, 2017 9:28 PM

R44, yes. MrFilmkritic IS Mia Wasikowzzzz....

Sara Allorn is basic and thirsty as fuck. Makes sense that she likes J-Law, Emma Stone and Redmayne so much. Every so often she'll remind people that she liked Isabelle Huppert in Things to Come in the hopes that she'll appear a bit less basic, but she really can't help her basic ass.

by Anonymousreply 48March 23, 2017 9:29 PM

The worst posters are by far Sholay2011 and the rest of rabid JLaw stans. How are they allowed to post numerous threads about this overrated mess is just... I have no words.

by Anonymousreply 49March 23, 2017 9:30 PM

R43 Nose is still posting under the name of ibu.

by Anonymousreply 50March 23, 2017 9:31 PM

I want to explore Hardys' Portugalhole...

by Anonymousreply 51March 23, 2017 9:32 PM

Anyone got pictures of Hardys? Never seen him. Is he genuinely hot?

by Anonymousreply 52March 23, 2017 9:35 PM

What do we think McTeague looks like? What is his dick like?

by Anonymousreply 53March 23, 2017 9:36 PM

Fred is like a smaller, less attractive but nicer version of Hardys. I'd gladly take him over that bisexual drama queen.

by Anonymousreply 54March 23, 2017 9:36 PM

I post there, but for the life of me how do people know Hardy is hot? More importantly, who is Hardy?

There are many fucked up things about that board, but one of my absolute fave things about that board was the Film Festival writing contests. Both of my entrees plopped, but it was fun to write them.

by Anonymousreply 55March 23, 2017 9:38 PM

Moviefreak is the hottest but he's basically a dwarf and is dating another Awardswatch poster.

by Anonymousreply 56March 23, 2017 9:39 PM

R55 Hardys not Hardy. He often posts his selfies. He looks like the bf from the gay guy from Sense8.

by Anonymousreply 57March 23, 2017 9:40 PM

Pics of Moviefreak and Hardys please.

by Anonymousreply 58March 23, 2017 9:41 PM

If I were McTeague's wife, I would tell him to shave the dvds of his obscure Romanian dramas up his petty ass.

by Anonymousreply 59March 23, 2017 9:42 PM

R58 Moviefreak's name is Kenneth.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60March 23, 2017 9:44 PM

Hardys' IG

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61March 23, 2017 9:45 PM

Thanks R60. Kenneth Moviefreak has haughty bitchface to me. Why do so many gays have that hipster wing-like haircut?

Hardys is conventionally hot but quite basic. In R60's link, Richard Anthony is the best looking guy. I wonder what his username is?

by Anonymousreply 62March 23, 2017 9:51 PM

r60 mr filmkritik is cute. evan is hot too and the rest are pretty meh.

by Anonymousreply 63March 23, 2017 9:51 PM

r62 with one voice. he's the guy who posts all these 'best actress' predictions threads.

by Anonymousreply 64March 23, 2017 9:52 PM

Dirk (Jason) on Facebook... what a mouthbreather

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65March 23, 2017 9:55 PM

As I said earlier, I haven't been there in a while. Sasha is definitely a little (or a lot) crazy, depending on the day. But when she ran things, there were actual industry people who would come to the site so there was a little more decorum. Since she parted ways with the site, they no longer care. Hence getting posts where people call Sam Smith a faggot, saying an actress (I think it was Saoirse Ronan or Brie Larson) looks like genital warts, and keep in mind those statements were coming from moderators. There was also a newish poster who was starting to post underage guys in the Men Threads and would talk openly about lusting after 16yo. Didn't Eric get in trouble for talking to a 15yo and the kid's mom found out and flipped out? I pretty much gave up on the site after those incidents. Like I said, it was once a fun place. But sadly it was invaded by IMDB/ONTD trolls.

The posters I thought were cool were Mr. Bean, Jonathan, Libs, ladylurks, Largo, Matt and the one Michelle Pfeiffer fan. They were level headed. The worst were Lazarus, McTeeg, the angry lesbian (LWD?), Clearwatergirl, filmy and a few others. The Jessica Lange troll who posts here incessantly also posted there a lot and would get banned, but still be allowed to return anytime there was news about Lange. And I swear there were like a dozen posters who were the same person. There was also the army of young bitchy gays who posted nonstop Drag Race and Real Housewives GIFs and were obsessed with shade and love to bash women. They say they love actresses, but they love mocking women for failing more. I swear they would watch those Hollywood Reporter actress roundtable discussions and slow them down to a millisecond looking for the slightest eyebrow movement and read into it.

by Anonymousreply 66March 23, 2017 9:55 PM

More Hardys selfies!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 67March 23, 2017 9:56 PM

R66 Dlong was the one who called Smith a f-word and was rightfully banned. he is like an edge stupid kid who thinks he's hardcore but he's obnoxious instead. i loathe him. jb who likes twinks is also someone i would ban if i were a mod.

by Anonymousreply 68March 23, 2017 10:00 PM

Moviefreak and his boyfriend.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69March 23, 2017 10:03 PM

R67, Hardys does this annoying thing with his forehead that most young gays (especially those who identify as cubs) do. Raising his eyebrows into a fake-puzzled "Who me?" look because he thinks it's cute.

by Anonymousreply 70March 23, 2017 10:04 PM

Hardys raising his brows again!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71March 23, 2017 10:05 PM

Moviefreak actually looks more insufferable than I expected.

by Anonymousreply 72March 23, 2017 10:07 PM

Any other hot members beside Hardys and Moviefreak? Can someone post a photo of McTeague next?

by Anonymousreply 73March 23, 2017 10:07 PM

Do they still call all actresses Legend and Felicia?

Right before I left there were threads where I had no idea who anyone was talking about. It was like: "Legend just signed on to a new movie, but it's with Felicia, so I don't know how to feel." And there were about a dozen names either could be. It just proves how misogynist that place is. A woman is either everything to them, or she's nothing. No middle ground.

by Anonymousreply 74March 23, 2017 10:10 PM

More bitching about posters. I love this thread.

by Anonymousreply 75March 23, 2017 10:12 PM

R74 Yes.

by Anonymousreply 76March 23, 2017 10:17 PM

Tyjagi: nearly 9,000 posts, and not one of them were interesting or memorable.

by Anonymousreply 77March 23, 2017 10:21 PM

Kostas: likes to quotes other people's opinions and basically repeats the same words in his posts.

by Anonymousreply 78March 23, 2017 10:22 PM

McTeague has over 42,000 posts. How does he find the time?

by Anonymousreply 79March 23, 2017 10:25 PM

R79 he doesn't have any resemblence of normal life, same as sara allorn who is always posting basic things

by Anonymousreply 80March 23, 2017 10:27 PM

Cute or not?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81March 23, 2017 10:30 PM

R81, who's that supple young bottom?

by Anonymousreply 82March 23, 2017 10:31 PM

R81 is this McTeague?

by Anonymousreply 83March 23, 2017 10:32 PM

R82 Fred.

by Anonymousreply 84March 23, 2017 10:32 PM

R74, I thought Felicia was their nickname for Felicity Jones, although Legend is a couple of actresses (some get their names changed, like Stonegend and Lawgend). Sometimes they dismiss any bland starlet as a Felicia, but I think Jones is the one true Felicia there.

Also, Chastain is Jurassica and, to some, Blanchett is El Diablo. Before finally getting an Oscar, Kate Winslet was always Winless. And based on his constant campaigning, Eddie Redmayne is Redcarpet.

by Anonymousreply 85March 23, 2017 10:34 PM

The poster with Pokemon icon is autistic and I can't stand his style of posting.

by Anonymousreply 86March 23, 2017 10:34 PM

Felicia - By extension of Felicia Johnson's name and characteristics, any pretty but bland and foregttable actress. See "Felicia Johnson". Examples: Felicia Wright (aka The Original Felicia), Felicia Seydoux (aka French Felicia) or Felicia Waskayska (as named by Meryl Streep, who proved that nobody remembers Felicias' names). Felicia Johnson - The random name, vaguely similar to her real name, given to Felicity Jones by McTeague because she's a forgettable actress whose correct he couldn't remember and nobody will ever remembe.r

by Anonymousreply 87March 23, 2017 10:39 PM

You forgot Felicia Vikander, undeserved Oscar winner for The Danish Girl

by Anonymousreply 88March 23, 2017 10:43 PM

Canadianfan are Aldo are the hottest members by far.

by Anonymousreply 89March 23, 2017 10:43 PM

I imagine that McTeague's penis lacks girth.

by Anonymousreply 90March 23, 2017 10:43 PM

Wait, the Langefreak posts there? Lmao.

by Anonymousreply 91March 23, 2017 10:56 PM

Yeah, the Jessica Lange freak has had several sock accounts there and keeps getting banned, and he also used to post constant new threads about Lange on the IMDb Movie Awards board before it closed down. Shit like "Jessica LANGE. Know her. Love her."

by Anonymousreply 92March 23, 2017 11:03 PM

guany admitted to browsing dl. hi guany!

by Anonymousreply 93March 23, 2017 11:14 PM

I only know this board because a guy who hooked up with Oscar Isaac has posted about it on there.

by Anonymousreply 94March 23, 2017 11:15 PM

R94 do tell more

by Anonymousreply 95March 23, 2017 11:40 PM

I don't remember anyone saying anything about sleeping with Oscar Isaac. I do remember their racist running joke about him only being a waiter.

by Anonymousreply 96March 24, 2017 2:53 AM

Compared to old IMDB boards, it's a heaven.

by Anonymousreply 97March 24, 2017 9:10 AM

Instead of AwardsWatch, you should follow Gold Derby, especially their forums. Really shady, gay, and a lot of fun

by Anonymousreply 98March 24, 2017 10:50 AM

My favorite poster is Rootbeer. He used to be a straight 'no homo' guy then he hooked up with some other poster and suddenly he came out as bi. Sure Jan, you were always a dick enthusiast.

by Anonymousreply 99March 24, 2017 10:54 AM

I need more dirt from fellow AwardsWatchers. It sounds like a gathering full of the most pretentious and haughty DLers one could imagine.

by Anonymousreply 100March 24, 2017 3:42 PM

All I am gonna say is that Sasha Stone is one of the most vile and delusional people in Hollywood.

by Anonymousreply 101March 24, 2017 5:58 PM

Awards Watch? This board is not known to me.

by Anonymousreply 102March 24, 2017 6:02 PM

Lange Fan Forever be working those mods, lol.

by Anonymousreply 103March 24, 2017 7:12 PM

Lange Fan Forever is probably the most dedicated and renowned fangirl ever.

He won the 1st Derbyite Award for "Most Dedicated Fanboy/Fangirl) over at GoldDerby.

He's well known and might I add liked over at AwardsWatch, save for a few bitter mods he's made fools of.

He's known here as The DL Pianist and isn't too bad looking either.

Also, he has the gift of really promoting the hell out of his fave in a fun, tongue in cheek, engaging kind of way. He's usually sweet to everyone until he needs to put a bitch in her place.

Oh, and 9 times out of ten, he's right about Lange winning.

by Anonymousreply 104March 24, 2017 7:27 PM

R104 =LangeFanForever

by Anonymousreply 105March 24, 2017 8:44 PM

R105

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106March 24, 2017 8:57 PM

Which member is the biggest cunt?

LangeFan, tell us who do you dislike the most! And which members do you (secretly) fancy?

by Anonymousreply 107March 24, 2017 9:02 PM

It's so obvious that R104 is LangeFanForever (or MarkAlexisLove, whatever his name is now).

by Anonymousreply 108March 24, 2017 9:19 PM

R107 I honestly don't remember which ones I dislike the most. I tend to erase them.

To be honest, I've had bitchy moments even with those I've grown to love, lol.

Cinesnatch, Guany, Hardys, Moviefreak, Erik Dean, CINNAMON are always fun and sweet.

I want Cinesnatch and Hardys to fuck me.

by Anonymousreply 109March 24, 2017 9:20 PM

R108 Mark Alexis Love. Ha! You brought back memories. I think that was my GoldDerby username. I won the Derbyite Award as Phoenix LOVE. Tom O'Neil was nice enough to ask Lange my question "from Mark-Alexis".

Memories.

by Anonymousreply 110March 24, 2017 9:22 PM

Hardys won't fuck anyone, R109.

by Anonymousreply 111March 24, 2017 9:23 PM

R109 Who is Cinesnatch? I don't recognize him.

Hardys seem cute from the photos posted here but that's it.

Moviefreak is annoying, so is Guany.

by Anonymousreply 112March 24, 2017 9:23 PM

R111 😣

by Anonymousreply 113March 24, 2017 9:24 PM

Mark Alexis, I always find you an entertaining and eloquent troll. I always imagine you typing drunk while waving a cigarette around in a neurotic, arabesque manner like Lange.

by Anonymousreply 114March 24, 2017 9:24 PM

Maybe it is a misogynist in me but I can't stand all female posters, especially Sara Allorn.

Okay, Libs is okay and can stay.

by Anonymousreply 115March 24, 2017 9:24 PM

Are there any posters on AW from Golden Derby apart from Hardys and The Dark Poet? Remember when Hardys was triggered when someone mentioned his turtle? What was that?

by Anonymousreply 116March 24, 2017 9:26 PM

Not liking Sara Allorn doesn't make you a misogynist, R115. She feels like one of those blandly obnoxious faghags who hangs out with the gays because straight girls or guys don't show any interest in her (not realizing that the gays don't care much for her either).

by Anonymousreply 117March 24, 2017 9:27 PM

R115 VSW, Kgirl and Inky are decent and drama-free but they rarely post.

by Anonymousreply 118March 24, 2017 9:28 PM

R114 so true! lol.

by Anonymousreply 119March 24, 2017 9:29 PM

Lange Fan is a trashy minx.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 120March 24, 2017 9:30 PM

The posters who starts every post with ' Dame Melissa Leo + verb' cracks me up.

by Anonymousreply 121March 24, 2017 9:32 PM

R121 I wonder which clone account it is, lol.

by Anonymousreply 122March 24, 2017 9:36 PM

R10 Agreed with some of these, but veritas doesn't belong to the sexiest list and Eduardo Zuckerberg is no way funny.

by Anonymousreply 123March 24, 2017 9:37 PM

The Dame Melissa Leo troll is obnoxious and should have been banned a long time ago. Another poster who said things that would've gotten someone else banned.

by Anonymousreply 124March 24, 2017 9:40 PM

I find the AW to be much better forum than GoldDerby.

by Anonymousreply 125March 24, 2017 9:41 PM

R122 There are tons of clone accounts and mods don't care about them, whereas LangeFanForever keeps on getting banned again and again. Look at accounts like Alicia Vikander, DML, Ann Dowd, Nabuch, Edgar, Jabbercash, Viola's Snot, Meryl Sheep, greenpotato - all of them clones.

by Anonymousreply 126March 24, 2017 9:44 PM

R126 I actually think some of the mods enjoy Lange Fan's dramatic entrances (just like his "mama", I suppose, lol).

They let him post his self pics, his piano improvs, interviews, articles and his own reviews on Lange's work. In fact, I think he's currently still active over there. He's certainly the most prolific and recognized troll, that's for sure.

The fact that Lange has actually gone on to win 3 Emmys, a Globe, a SAG and a Tony during the years he's been publicly stanning for her has certainly helped with his popularity. Makes his trolling valid.

by Anonymousreply 127March 24, 2017 9:54 PM

Also, LFF runs the official Horace and Pete twitter account. lol. @Horace_and_Pete with a tweet from @TheNormanLear.

You don't get much better than that as a fangirl.

by Anonymousreply 128March 24, 2017 9:55 PM

I used to post there. It was fun but I do think that people take it too seriously. I also remember this weird thing where like, there was a husband and wife who posted there all the time (both fat) and the wife cyber-cheated on the husband and then he posted about it? And she apologized to the forum? It seemed unnecessary but I guess they all consider themselves ~family~.

by Anonymousreply 129March 24, 2017 10:00 PM

R129 OMG, do you remember their names? Sounds juicy!

by Anonymousreply 130March 24, 2017 10:03 PM

Has LangeFanForever ever met Jessica?

by Anonymousreply 131March 24, 2017 10:04 PM

R131 Nope. I've had a few opportunities but chickened out.

I know how private and guarded she is and I just pictured myself having a breakdown and foaming at the mouth, so I figured I'd spare us both the horror.

An old blog I dedicated to her was mentioned to her in an Advocate interview in 2009/2010 while promoting "Grey Gardens". It wasn't supposed to be a published blog because I was still working on it butI published it, forgot about it and so, imagine my shock when it's brought up here.

The blog is still there too, I just don't know how to access it, lol. Lost the password and deleted the email years ago.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 132March 24, 2017 10:14 PM

The blog.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 133March 24, 2017 10:17 PM

Oops.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 134March 24, 2017 10:17 PM

R130 Not as scandalous as Erik keeping in touch with a fifteen year old.

by Anonymousreply 135March 24, 2017 10:27 PM

R132 I am praying you'll meet her someday. I hope she appreciates your dedication. You're one of the most passionate, yet sane fans I've encountered.

by Anonymousreply 136March 24, 2017 10:28 PM

Who's more thirsty for validation with their constant selfie posting: Hardys, Moviefreak, raguabros or just a pretty boy?

by Anonymousreply 137March 24, 2017 10:33 PM

R136. Aw, thank you, love! Of course, I get called nutty for my dedication, but it's all in good fun and I really only stan during certain seasons nowadays. 😇

by Anonymousreply 138March 24, 2017 10:33 PM

R135 omg, wait a minute? How in touch was he staying?

I never knew that! :::shiver:::

by Anonymousreply 139March 24, 2017 10:35 PM

R137 At least jabp and Hardys are conventionally attractive...

by Anonymousreply 140March 24, 2017 10:41 PM

R116 24Emmy is also from GoldDerby

by Anonymousreply 141March 24, 2017 11:25 PM

Will guany finally hate fuck Hardys?

by Anonymousreply 142March 24, 2017 11:38 PM

Nicole Kidman is a distinctly homosexual actress I don't know why y'all don't like ha!

by Anonymousreply 143March 25, 2017 2:28 AM

R129 Yeah, I remember that. I was there for awhile, way back to the Mistress Malevolent and Kris Tapley days. I actually follow that couple you mentioned on Twitter, I think they are decent people, which explains why they no longer post there. Both moved on to bigger and better things. I think she left when some asshole posted a picture of an actress in bed with an Oscar on top of her. (And the mods continue to deny they have a misogyny problem.)

It was fun back in the LOTR/Brokeback days. I hate how if someone posts a trailer or something now, everyone immediately has to announce how it affects their predictions and where the film is in the Oscar race. I don't think they can even watch a movie without thinking of how it'll play during award season. That completely sucks out the enjoyment of movie watching.

by Anonymousreply 144March 25, 2017 4:00 AM

More juice, please.

by Anonymousreply 145March 25, 2017 5:40 PM

LOL, this thread riled 'em up over there. They made the Green Room inaccessible to those with fewer than 250 posts. How about don't post photos of yourself on a public internet forum if you don't want people to know who you are. Morons.

by Anonymousreply 146March 26, 2017 10:03 PM

R145 hahaha!

by Anonymousreply 147March 26, 2017 10:09 PM

Is julycarla also known as ldw still posting? I recognized her style from lchat.

by Anonymousreply 148March 28, 2017 12:44 PM

"Sasha Stone is evil incarnate!" say people who won't even hint at what she's done.

I've known her online for ages, follow her on social media, read her webpages, and the only people I've ever seen who hate her are conservatives who don't like her politics and/or sexists.

by Anonymousreply 149March 28, 2017 12:52 PM

Anyway, I actually came here to ask if anyone remembered the name of the website years ago that had a series of posts on actresses, including guest posts. The owner described himself as an "Actressexual." I loved the series but I can't remember a thing about the name of the blog or the guy who organized the series. Help?

by Anonymousreply 150March 28, 2017 12:54 PM

R150 FilmExperience

by Anonymousreply 151March 28, 2017 1:03 PM

Hmmmmm, new here, still trying to figure the place out

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 152March 28, 2017 1:10 PM

Thank you R151 -- I was thinking of StinkyLulu but I see it's moved over to Film Experience!

by Anonymousreply 153March 28, 2017 1:26 PM

AwardsWatch is a cesspool of misogyny. Is there any actress they don't hate? Any?

by Anonymousreply 154March 28, 2017 1:32 PM

R148 She was banned after she throw a sissy fit over Carol snubbed for Best Picture.

by Anonymousreply 155March 28, 2017 1:33 PM

This place is a cesspool of misogyny. Is there any actress they don't hate? Only some dead ones.

by Anonymousreply 156March 28, 2017 3:01 PM

I heard Ryan Murphy will base the third season of Feud on Erik and Tom's epic feud at GoldDerby. Erik will be played by Lange and Zeta-Jones will star as Tom.

by Anonymousreply 157March 28, 2017 3:23 PM

Sarah Paulson as Sasha Stone.

by Anonymousreply 158March 28, 2017 3:37 PM

Miss Kevin Spacey will play closteted McTeague

by Anonymousreply 159March 28, 2017 3:40 PM

Miss Kevin Spacey will play closeted McTeague

by Anonymousreply 160March 28, 2017 3:41 PM

Is there a poster vile enough to have Susie play him?

by Anonymousreply 161March 28, 2017 3:57 PM

R161 haqyunus or Lazarus

by Anonymousreply 162March 28, 2017 5:26 PM

Oh dear. According to a friebd on there, they think I'm one of the main culprits behind this thread, lol. Um, no.

I don't even know most of these people! And I would never violate someone's privacy by posting pictures and personal info. Not my style.

by Anonymousreply 163March 28, 2017 6:09 PM

^ LangeFanForevah

by Anonymousreply 164March 28, 2017 6:15 PM

...so this is the infamous thread Award Watchers were talking about? I'm a fellow Awatcher *waves*

Guys, posting pictures of the A-watch members was a bit much. : (

by Anonymousreply 165March 28, 2017 6:58 PM

R165 I agree posting photos of them was too much but they can only blame themselves for sharing their personal info in the first place

by Anonymousreply 166March 29, 2017 2:12 PM

Guany looks exactly like I imagined him to be: chubby, smug, punchable.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 167March 30, 2017 12:15 PM

Cinesnatch is uber hot!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 168March 30, 2017 12:22 PM

boondoggle is cute but his stanning is annoying.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 169March 30, 2017 12:26 PM

Moviefreak looks like shorter Jake Gyllenhaal

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 170March 30, 2017 12:28 PM

DL fav with_one_voice

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 171March 30, 2017 12:31 PM

These photos are easily accessible to public. Don't blame us if you agreed to share your personal information on the Internet.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 172March 30, 2017 12:32 PM

Their finest moment was hacking SAG's website and leaking Nicole Kidman's nomination for The Paperboy.

by Anonymousreply 173March 30, 2017 1:04 PM

Posting pics is not cool.

I will not be BLAMED, Dan!

by Anonymousreply 174March 30, 2017 5:57 PM

Why is Datalounge obsessed with this site? I've never heard of them before.

by Anonymousreply 175March 30, 2017 6:03 PM

The most interesting thing about this thread is that trolldar/ignore reveals that r172 has about 100 posts in this thread. They are clearly some bitter banned poster from AwardsWatch with a vendetta. DL is not your personal diary or burn book, cunt.

by Anonymousreply 176March 31, 2017 2:18 PM

bump

by Anonymousreply 177April 1, 2017 8:19 PM

I haven't been paying attention to this site since I left it, now I just tried to log in and to my surprise I am banned...??? Looool

by Anonymousreply 178May 29, 2017 4:29 PM

Forum is self-reverential, cliquish, and has little to offer those seeking intelligent film discussion.

They love making lists there. Plain, boring lists with no explanation of ranking.

There are a few popular actresses among forum users (Nicole Kidman, Julianne Moore, Jennifer Lawrence) and anyone who criticizes them tends to be attacked with drag queen GIFs. No room for independent thinkers on AW.

by Anonymousreply 179May 29, 2017 4:53 PM

Agreed about the cliquishness, constant self-referentiality and tendency to dogpile with stupid drag queen GIFs whenever anyone criticizes their faves.

by Anonymousreply 180May 29, 2017 5:36 PM

Has McTeague come out yet? Or rather, has he been banned yet?

by Anonymousreply 181May 29, 2017 6:22 PM

Very elitist and not in the good way. Posters spend time trying to up each other in how many obscure films by Asian or European (preferably from Eastern Europe or French) they have watched. Feels like a parody of sophomore Film Class student discussion club.

by Anonymousreply 182June 25, 2017 9:48 AM

Awardswatch is full of Woody, David O Russell and other POS who just happen to be auteurs apologists. They would genuinely rather believe Mia Farrow is the modern Medea, willing to sacrifice her daughter's life and dignity over sour grapes, than admit that maybe that guy who made Manhattan is a child rapist.

by Anonymousreply 183June 25, 2017 12:40 PM

Their love for every sexist, mysogynist, racist director is without limits.

by Anonymousreply 184June 25, 2017 1:05 PM

R182, you're right about the elitism--or, rather, the guise of elitism. For as much as AW's users praise the innovations of filmmakers such as Maya Deren and Jonas Mekas and Andrzej Zulawski, the site's user-voted awards tend to skew more mainstream and middlebrow.

by Anonymousreply 185June 25, 2017 8:28 PM

Can we go back to ranking users?

I used to love tyjagi's snarkiness but he is acting like a bully now. Flibber and Matt-10 are the chilliest and nicest guys. Cucul1za and Veritas are okay too. Benutty is my fave out of the new members. Funny and knows to put a bitch in place.

by Anonymousreply 186June 25, 2017 10:05 PM

tyjagi is a raging cunt. he nitpicks EVERYTHING.

by Anonymousreply 187June 26, 2017 6:34 AM

The way they can be so nasty about pitting women against one another makes me very uncomfortable. It quickly veers from consciously silly to downright misogynistic

by Anonymousreply 188June 27, 2017 10:11 AM

LangeFanForever is still their best poster and troll.

by Anonymousreply 189June 27, 2017 10:28 AM

R188 I mean, it's like 90% gay men on that site, it's not very surprising that that happens.

by Anonymousreply 190June 27, 2017 10:30 PM

R190 not all gay men hate women, seriously....

by Anonymousreply 191June 28, 2017 5:45 PM

This page just sums up everything people said here about any difference of opinion (especially over Nicole Kidman, whom AW collectively worships and calls "Legend") being shut down with GIFs and sarcasm. Most forums are annoying, but AW is one of the worst at managing any type of critical discussion.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 192July 16, 2017 2:21 AM

lol at them losing their heads, banning people left and right because Dunkirk has the best reviews of all released movies this year.

by Anonymousreply 193July 17, 2017 9:10 PM

ditto

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 194July 17, 2017 9:11 PM

They closed the forum for anyone who isn't a member. What happened?

by Anonymousreply 195July 19, 2017 12:16 PM

Good luck banning me, Erik.

by Anonymousreply 196July 27, 2017 10:34 AM

i want Hardys to deepthroat me

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 197July 27, 2017 10:47 AM

the Kate Winslet fanboys drooling for their idol to win a second Oscar this year are being particularly obnoxious these days

by Anonymousreply 198July 27, 2017 11:50 AM

Remember: if you want to say something negative about Julianne Moore, you will get banned!

by Anonymousreply 199July 27, 2017 2:49 PM

They hate Winslet on awardswatch. They treat her like Trump. Absolute insanity while jerking off to Blanchette.

by Anonymousreply 200July 27, 2017 6:16 PM

R53 R73 R90 guess which obnoxious, snobbish wannabe critic this is!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 201July 30, 2017 6:29 PM

McTeague looks like a rat? Quelle surprise!

by Anonymousreply 202July 31, 2017 9:05 AM

R201, is that really McTeague? He looks younger than I expected, but also every bit as unduly pleased with himself as I expected.

by Anonymousreply 203July 31, 2017 11:39 AM

McTeague looks as unpleasant and nasty as the bullshit he spews.

by Anonymousreply 204July 31, 2017 9:09 PM

What this site has to do with Datalounge anyway?

by Anonymousreply 205July 31, 2017 10:57 PM

R205 they hate us over there

by Anonymousreply 206August 5, 2017 1:31 AM

First time I am hearing of this site. What is this fuss about? Seems like every basic movie-related boards out there, like IMDB used to be.

by Anonymousreply 207August 5, 2017 9:31 PM

Tip: You can get banned there for saying a word 'cunt'.

Fuck you, Erik!

by Anonymousreply 208August 29, 2017 7:35 PM

There's a new poster called Nora who posts all day every day, and she is dumb as a box of rocks.

by Anonymousreply 209September 10, 2017 2:59 PM

R209 Nyx too along with the new influx of JLaw stans.

by Anonymousreply 210September 10, 2017 5:18 PM

Yeah, the JLaw stans are insufferable. They seem about 18 years old max, and know nothing about film history before Titanic.

by Anonymousreply 211September 10, 2017 6:57 PM

Moviefreak really is an insufferable, smug would-be know-it-all.

by Anonymousreply 212September 12, 2017 6:35 PM

They are banning everyone for doubting Meryl Streep had no idea about Harvey's predatory behavior.

What a mess.

by Anonymousreply 213October 9, 2017 7:44 PM

Good, they should do the same here, R213.

by Anonymousreply 214October 9, 2017 7:47 PM
by Anonymousreply 215November 2, 2017 12:15 AM

SO what happened to Erik's pedophilia case. Where are the accusers? It's time to come out.

by Anonymousreply 216November 2, 2017 1:28 AM

r126 what are you speaking of????

by Anonymousreply 217November 2, 2017 9:44 PM

I once said that Amy Adams was not second in the 2013 best lead actress race and McTeague went off on a huge rant.

by Anonymousreply 218December 7, 2017 10:01 PM

They all seem very overly invested.

by Anonymousreply 219December 11, 2017 2:57 AM

I miss crashing AW...

Oh, well!

by Anonymousreply 220December 21, 2017 10:25 AM

There's quite a few posters over there defending Woody Allen and pissing and moaning when another actor/actress comes out criticizing him or refusing to work with him. Now, imagine if this were about Mel Gibson. It would be a party over there. I don't like Mel Gibson either, I'm just pointing out the bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 221February 1, 2018 2:46 PM

Jessica Lange Freak just disappeared from the face of the earth! Is it because of the feud colapse? Or has it finally killed itself?

by Anonymousreply 222February 1, 2018 8:13 PM

It's obvious you're the dream, doll, obsessing over a troll. Yeesh.

by Anonymousreply 223February 2, 2018 3:12 AM

Lol.

What a mess.

by Anonymousreply 224May 26, 2018 3:54 AM

Many posters there are overly emotionally invested in rooting for actresses and certain movies. They are no different than those crazy Robsten lunatics or One Direction fangirls. The worst thing is, they are seemingly adult men and should know better.

by Anonymousreply 225June 5, 2018 7:33 AM

Hi, I am a member of the AW community. I think all of y'all's anonymous b!tching about people you've never met is sad! And spreading false rumours about some of them? Pathetic!

And, P.S., LFF is the best and you're not worthy!.

Kisses!

by Anonymousreply 226August 28, 2018 2:07 PM

Cine, you old hag, how is live in Prague? Have you scored any Czech boys?

by Anonymousreply 227August 28, 2018 7:34 PM

The Gaga stans on AW are the worst. And if you say something against her, you're banned.

by Anonymousreply 228October 23, 2018 3:53 PM

R228 Let me guess, you got banned? Lol

by Anonymousreply 229October 23, 2018 4:24 PM

McTeague: obnoxious and overbearing, and not nearly as smart as he thinks he is, but correct about one thing: Daniel Day-Lewis is highly overrated.

LDW: lives down to the stereotype of the humorless lesbian. Incredibly annoying in injecting her strident feminist, SJW politics into everything.

Sara Allorn: super basic in her taste, but sometimes gets off a good sarcastic line.

What’s interesting is how McTeague in particular through his nonstop posting and pestering others has sort of become the top dog there. His incessant trashing of Kate Winslet and Daniel Day Lewis has converted many of the regulars from stans to haters. Many posters bash a Winslet regularly now after McTeague’s endless bashing of her.

by Anonymousreply 230February 12, 2019 11:59 PM

R230 That's probably because many people there are young and gay. They're obsessed with shade and trading insults unless it gets into "problematic" territory.

by Anonymousreply 231February 14, 2019 5:07 AM

R226 Did you also think it was sad when the moderators there were doing the same thing?

by Anonymousreply 232February 21, 2019 11:23 PM

I fucking hate Sara Allorn.

She is so annoying with her contrarian shtick. She always picks the lowbrow, boringly crowd-pleasing and most of all, bland movies to praise -- this season it were Green Book and Bohemian Rhapsody -- while criticizing the critics darlings and overly beloved on AW films like Roma and The Favourite. I think she gets on on being called out on her bland taste.

by Anonymousreply 233March 1, 2019 3:29 AM

My God, what a boring place. You would think that you are at the Cahier du Cinema , only run by teens! And they're all fucking old ass men! They're capable of crying if you criticize one of their faves. What they do is not criticism or stanning! It's mental masturbation. Why would you lose precious time of your life posting long winded criticism about things that nobody in the world care. I guess most of them are unemployed? There's no sense of fun. And the moderators are a case apart! That Inky guy is beyond ridiculous. We can sense his pleasure of having an imaginary power over somebody somewhere in the world. Apparently his life must be a failure, so he uses that little forum to feel useful and important. Sad, really sad.

by Anonymousreply 234March 23, 2019 2:19 PM

There's a poster over there who is like the Armond White of the board. He makes baity statements and roots for movies that get attacked by SJWs.

by Anonymousreply 235June 24, 2019 8:52 PM

AwardsWatch over the years has made me really appreciate women as actresses - as well as got me really into Oscar statistics.

by Anonymousreply 236July 1, 2019 6:44 PM

Oh, goodie!

I get to listen to the Datalounge "experts" who assured us that Glenn Close and Jamie Lee Curtis were shoo-ins for Oscars last year!

by Anonymousreply 237July 1, 2019 6:47 PM

Unless you're Nicole Kidman, they tend to overreact when someone isn't constantly getting nominated.

Brie Larson was somewhat liked until after she won the Oscar. The hate has calmed down this year (probably because they hate angry dudebros more than her) but she is still shaded every now and then - even from a poster who kind of like her (they can be fickle over there).

by Anonymousreply 238July 17, 2019 6:40 AM

A couple of old female posters: Dunbar and an aussie who was a big Brokeback Mountain and Toby Keith fan.

by Anonymousreply 239July 18, 2019 10:55 AM

There was a major poster back in the day called Geek, Esq (he had a Bad Santa avatar for a while). I wonder what happened to him? tyjagi sort of reminds me of him, but I don't know if they're the same person.

by Anonymousreply 240July 18, 2019 11:16 AM

Nora and Gingervitis are pretty weird posters.

by Anonymousreply 241July 20, 2019 3:53 PM

The poster Vanti is the biggest contrarian of the board.

by Anonymousreply 242July 28, 2019 1:07 PM

Tyjagi just post that he has mental problems and have issues interacting and socializing. That defines every poster from that forum

by Anonymousreply 243August 10, 2019 6:29 PM

Have they mentioned M's chances for "The Laundromat"?

by Anonymousreply 244August 10, 2019 6:52 PM

They're debating whether she'll be nominated in supporting or lead.

by Anonymousreply 245August 11, 2019 11:46 PM

I’m filling a restraining order on that twat, EvaSophie.

by Anonymousreply 246August 12, 2019 12:36 AM

She's deranged, M R246

by Anonymousreply 247August 12, 2019 3:11 PM

Is the AwardsWatch forum down?

by Anonymousreply 248August 15, 2019 4:00 AM

No R248, the owner had to close it for non members due to some shady reason...

by Anonymousreply 249August 15, 2019 5:58 PM

Thanks, r249. That sucks. It won’t allow me to register either.

by Anonymousreply 250August 15, 2019 7:39 PM

Does anyone know when the forums will open back up again? Or if you’re able to sign up? Like this is shit that they’ve closed it just before award season properly starts!!

by Anonymousreply 251August 20, 2019 10:55 PM

[227] I don't live in Europe, lol.

[232] Why yes I did!

[246] lol

by Anonymousreply 252August 22, 2019 12:41 PM

I'd also like to add that I've met Inky in real life--a darling.

I've exchanged PM's with Nora--very sweet. She's new-ish to AW, but she called Green Book and Bohemian Rhapsody very early in the season (like the Autumn). Gingervitis also called The Shape of Water a year before it won (it was beginner's luck though, as he hasn't been able to have any repeat success).

And I enjoy Vanti's posts. S/he actually has pretty good foresight for a few years now (not 100% accurate, but no one is) as oscar prognostication goes, especially the long-game (way before the awards start getting handed out).

AW is a community of people: imperfect and flawed, but accepting of an assortment of personalities. That goes for the mods and regulars. There are people of all ages on the forum, though it tends to be heavier on the 20s gay male demographic. A lot of personal information has been shared by users about themselves over the years, and it's a shame to see some of it being used against them here. But, DataLounge isn't singular in this. There's actually another community that goes into even more depth about how much they dislike some of their members on a very consistent basis. Very sad!

by Anonymousreply 253August 22, 2019 12:53 PM

I like AwardsWatch but barely look at the threads on upcoming films - I just don't see the point in speculating on something that hasn't been released. The polls are lots of fun though.

by Anonymousreply 254August 22, 2019 1:16 PM

Awards Watch's owner is being sued! For copyright of images posted in the forum.

by Anonymousreply 255August 23, 2019 6:31 PM

Tell me more ^^^

by Anonymousreply 256August 24, 2019 4:18 PM

R255 If AwardsForum are being sued than that would apply to so many sites across the globe where people post images subject to copyright.

by Anonymousreply 257August 25, 2019 7:06 AM

There's a poster over there who obnoxiously puts a smiley emoji at the end of nearly every post they make. I feel like it's done on purpose to annoy people.

by Anonymousreply 258August 26, 2019 10:14 AM

I can't take Vanti seriously because he seems like a forum contrarian for the sake of it.

by Anonymousreply 259August 26, 2019 10:27 AM

[quote]Awards Watch's owner is being sued! For copyright of images posted in the forum.

Is this true?

by Anonymousreply 260August 29, 2019 3:49 PM

There are a number of posters over there who have it in for Felicity Jones. There are worse actresses who get less shit. You would think she beat Julianne Moore in 2014 or was a Trump fan. I just don't get it.

by Anonymousreply 261August 30, 2019 1:01 AM

R261 The bias and unabashed inequality of that place makes me seethe IF I let it. I don’t.

I’ve met some cool people there and some downright CRIMINALLY INSANE ones, too.

I’m sort of happy they’ve made their site private. They definitely become an influence around awards time, and their trashing of certain artists, especially actors and actresses, and their supporters shouldn’t be promoted to the point of influencing ANYTHING.

by Anonymousreply 262August 30, 2019 1:07 AM

The Woody Allen fans over there are almost as bad as Michael Jackson fans. If Woody were a bad/mediocre filmmaker or a republican, those same posters wouldn't lift a finger to defend him.

by Anonymousreply 263September 5, 2019 2:51 AM

I left that board when the Singer accusations came out and Awardswatch somewhat censured discussion. It's just as bad as Golden Skate and FSUniverse.

by Anonymousreply 264September 5, 2019 2:56 AM

Was't the owner accused of something shady with a minor?

by Anonymousreply 265September 5, 2019 11:41 PM

Even if he didn't molest Dylan Farrow, Woody Allen is still a huge creep. The best the defenders can come up is "you're a prude" and "it's creepy, but not illegal." The things friends or fans will overlook. It's pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 266September 6, 2019 12:25 AM

My theory is that they can't in good conscience enjoy Woody's movies unless they convince themselves he's a decent guy. Well, even if you put aside the Dylan Farrow issue, he's still a sexual predator.

by Anonymousreply 267September 7, 2019 2:34 AM

Some posters over there get too caught up in award prospects to the point that they write-off certain movies as "flops" because they were ignored during awards season.

by Anonymousreply 268September 8, 2019 5:14 AM

With Polanski and Joker winning at the Venice film festival, Vanti has been especially obnoxious with his contrarian schtick.

by Anonymousreply 269September 8, 2019 8:23 AM

What's with these awards shows. Bo-ring.

by Anonymousreply 270September 8, 2019 8:47 AM

The poster "AnOn" is almost as bad as Vanti.

by Anonymousreply 271September 12, 2019 5:49 AM

R271. I want Lange news from there. Now.

Any recent stirrings?

by Anonymousreply 272September 12, 2019 5:59 AM

They throw around "basic(s)" a lot. I thought that was just a late millennial/early Gen Z social media thing. I guess not.

by Anonymousreply 273September 13, 2019 8:44 AM

McTeague may have been successful in getting most of the board to turn on Kate Winslet, but he' failed to do the same with Nicole Kidman. I guess because Nicole is the ultimate modern gay actress?

by Anonymousreply 274September 18, 2019 8:52 AM

McTeague likes to call Woody Allen and Roman Polanski detractors "prudes" and "persecutors."

by Anonymousreply 275September 18, 2019 9:18 AM

R274 I find Kidman a bit tiresome, though she’s been excellent on a number of occasions.

Truly don’t get the worship, though.

by Anonymousreply 276September 18, 2019 7:21 PM

People seem to only bring up the Amy Adams/Ruth Negga debacle when criticizing McTeague's Oscar predictions, but he's been wrong plenty pf other times as well: 12 Years a Slave, Amy Adams for Big Eyes, Glenn Close last year, etc.

by Anonymousreply 277September 30, 2019 7:08 PM

R277 Most people got were wrong about Glenn's 'win' last year. I did a lot of ringing around on behalf of Olivia.

by Anonymousreply 278October 1, 2019 9:09 AM

McTeague is very vocal against Judy. I guess that's because he's closeted and doesn't want to sound like an old queen supporting a very queer movie?

by Anonymousreply 279October 1, 2019 1:44 PM

When McTeague gets called out for his bullying and trolling, he pleads ignorance, but anyone with a brain knows the truth..

by Anonymousreply 280October 1, 2019 10:36 PM

When was Davida Rochelle banned from AwardsWatch?

by Anonymousreply 281October 1, 2019 11:55 PM

Now they're asking money from the users to build a new forum, Yep, the owner, that ridiculous queen, got his ass sued and they're leaving the site. The money is for the maintenance of the new server and yes, he got sued over copyright issues regarding images, videos and all sort of things. Nobody is allowed to have not even an avatar anymore.

by Anonymousreply 282October 3, 2019 3:02 AM

R282 Oh my God. :Meryl eye twitch:

Karma. Hm.

- LangeFanFOREVAH

by Anonymousreply 283October 3, 2019 5:06 AM

R282 Lange Rises

by Anonymousreply 284October 3, 2019 2:06 PM

R284. You meant R283. And I agree.

I keep thinking about her fantastic breakdown scene in episode 2 of “The Politician”...

“You come waltzing in HEAH...”

by Anonymousreply 285October 3, 2019 4:31 PM

Sigourney Weaver replaces Meryl in "The Good House". Wonder why? Sounds like a good story of an alcoholic New Englander with lots of drama.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 286October 3, 2019 6:18 PM

Sigourney Weaver replaces Meryl in "The Good House". Wonder why? Sounds like a good story of an alcoholic New Englander with lots of drama.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 287October 3, 2019 6:18 PM

R287 Siggy Rises!!!!!!!!!

Omg. I’m so fucking happy for. I hope she wins the Oscar for this one!

by Anonymousreply 288October 3, 2019 6:25 PM

P.S. My shade is NOT directed at Erik. He’s always been sweet to me.

by Anonymousreply 289October 3, 2019 6:31 PM

On the forum, perfectly decent/well-reviewed movies get written-off by some posters as "mediocre" or even "bad." It's horseshit. I don't if it's their bias showing or they're too obsessed with awards potential.

by Anonymousreply 290October 3, 2019 11:23 PM

Does anyone remember the poster "Sofia Coppola's Nose"? What happened to him/her?

by Anonymousreply 291October 4, 2019 12:00 AM

R291 What an hilarious name to use on a forum board. Two of the funniest I've ever seen were on Goldderby years ago were:

Dame Judi Drenched

Marlon Brandon in a Thong

by Anonymousreply 292October 4, 2019 1:39 PM

It's now "awardsworthy.org."

by Anonymousreply 293October 15, 2019 6:05 PM

It's a fun place, but it can be pretty obnoxious and ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 294October 30, 2019 12:49 AM

They're obsessed with Metacritic scores. Like, does anyone give a shit about Metacritic?

by Anonymousreply 295November 1, 2019 3:00 AM

There's poster over there with a Emily Blunt avatar. He'll defend Woody Allen, but go after people for doing less (even if you don't count Dylan Farrow). It just shows you that almost everyone is a biased hypocrite. I guess for most people, it defends on how much you like their work.

by Anonymousreply 296January 20, 2020 6:02 PM

*depends

by Anonymousreply 297January 20, 2020 6:03 PM

A poster earlier in this thread was right when he said that the obsession with awards/predictions sucks the fun out of movie watching.

by Anonymousreply 298February 1, 2020 6:00 AM

Then, don't go into the prediction threads and you'll avoid most of it.

by Anonymousreply 299February 1, 2020 9:47 AM

Is this Sasha Stone’s site?

by Anonymousreply 300February 1, 2020 10:03 AM

Mary B. is the Camille Paglia of the board.

by Anonymousreply 301February 5, 2020 2:46 AM

Reply to Cinesnatch: It's not just in the predictions section - it's all over the film news section as well - especially when a trailer is released.

by Anonymousreply 302February 13, 2020 3:27 AM

You should start a thread about it on AW.

by Anonymousreply 303February 17, 2020 5:23 AM

I’ve just read the first few of these but it looks like they have a lot of the same posters who use to go on IMDb’s Oscar watch (before they closed them). Is that true?

I remember Dimitry from that board. I can’t remember if I liked him or not. Is someone named pacinoyes on there? He was my favorite — obv a Pacino fan boy, but he (I assume a he) has great taste in films and actors in general and you could have intelligent and funny discussions with him.

I miss that board! I don’t know about this one but I do remember reading that they love Kidman on there, so I think I’ll pass.

by Anonymousreply 304February 17, 2020 7:22 AM

I miss the old IMDB awards board as well/.

by Anonymousreply 305March 14, 2020 6:06 PM

Somebody please kick Evasofie in the vagbone for me.

by Anonymousreply 306March 15, 2020 12:10 AM

I like AW but the SJWs are very annoying. All the talk about how blacks are oppressed angels, how lack of diversity aka black people is racism, how the world owes everything to blacks, how whites are evil to blacks, black black black black is tiresome.

by Anonymousreply 307March 15, 2020 12:34 AM

About Woody Allen defenders/apologists on the forum: If it were the exact story with someone like James Woods or Mel Gibson, they wouldn't lift a finger to defend them. I hate to go there, but it's true. I wish they would just be honest about it. I personally don't give a shit that Woody Allen make a few great movies and that he's not a republican.

by Anonymousreply 308March 28, 2020 2:12 PM

I can't take anyone seriously who uses "SJW" unironically. You're either lazy or a right-winger.

by Anonymousreply 309May 5, 2020 11:29 PM

My theory on why McTeague has never been banned: The mods secretly like him and he's by far the best Woody Allen defender on the site.

by Anonymousreply 310June 21, 2020 4:48 PM

MxTeague is one of the most ridiculous trolls I have ever seen on a forum. He defends Woody Allen and Roman Polanski and yet claims to be the father of three little girls. Weird, sick stuff R310.

by Anonymousreply 311June 23, 2020 9:25 PM

R311, McTeague is a great guy, really smart, and a good father.

You're slamming a guy whom you never met before anonymously on the internet. Go get a hobby or professional help.

by Anonymousreply 312June 24, 2020 12:11 AM

Also, McTeague has been banned before (first ban is generally short-term). Know your herstory or STFU.

by Anonymousreply 313June 24, 2020 2:44 AM

McTeague is an asshole.

by Anonymousreply 314July 19, 2020 3:35 AM

I remember McTeague OTT chewing me out once because I simply said that Amy Adams was not runner-up in the 2013 best actress race. He's very smug, arrogant and insecure.

by Anonymousreply 315July 19, 2020 3:42 AM

McTeague is actually defending that Hillbilly Elegy trailer. If this starred Kate Winslet and Nicole Kidman, he would shitting all over it.

by Anonymousreply 316October 14, 2020 5:24 PM

The stans over there are so obnoxious, delusional and childish.

by Anonymousreply 317October 15, 2020 12:31 AM

They're all unstable.

by Anonymousreply 318October 15, 2020 12:37 AM

E318: They're all unstable.

DL: Hold my beer.

by Anonymousreply 319October 15, 2020 10:18 AM

I think McTeague is a bit of a contrarian, so I can't really take him seriously.

by Anonymousreply 320October 22, 2020 7:28 PM

These people where children when reading Ain’t It Cool News.

by Anonymousreply 321October 22, 2020 8:26 PM

R321 McTeague must be at least 50 years old...

by Anonymousreply 322October 23, 2020 1:53 AM

I like the place, but it can be maddening. The depths they'll stoop to because they're so desperate to see Glenn to win an Oscar. Trying to discredit any critic on Letterboxd/forums/social media who says anything bad/snarky about Hillbilly Elegy. Defending basic critics who may possibly like it (you know, the kind of people they usually ridicule). If this starred Felicity Jones, they would be mocking this movie into oblivion.

by Anonymousreply 323October 24, 2020 8:45 AM

[quote]But it's also why I think people calling Sasha a cunt are being cunts themselves. She's just a broad with an opinion. Stop losing your damn mind about chicks with thoughts.

Had to laugh at this -- I wrote it 3 1/2 years ago at r41, and it couldn't have been more than six months later that Sasha started unfollowing me and refollowing me on Twitter, back and forth for weeks on end. One time I responded to a friend in a thread that she was also part of and Sasha blocked me, then a day later followed me again. I had to block HER because it got so irritating to keep getting those notifications. Absolutely NO IDEA what was going on.

Since then friends have occasionally mentioned stuff she's done and she sounds like she's emotionally off the rails.

So I have definitely changed my mind over the years: she's a complete mess.

by Anonymousreply 324October 24, 2020 9:15 AM

She's even posting pro-Trump tweets now, even though she used to hate this guy. She also said she voted for Biden. People say she' just trolling the far left (whom she hates more than republicans). But even moderate left-wingers/democrats and republicans hate Trump. So I don't get it. Maybe he really is that crazy?

by Anonymousreply 325October 24, 2020 9:32 PM

*she

by Anonymousreply 326October 24, 2020 9:33 PM

*she

by Anonymousreply 327October 24, 2020 9:33 PM

It doesn't surprise me that Sasha turned. You just can't trust crazy people.

by Anonymousreply 328October 24, 2020 11:17 PM

Sasha pulls in three-figures every year.

She's nuts and rich. Sadly.

The world is effed up. But, that goes without saying.

by Anonymousreply 329October 31, 2020 11:09 AM

I notice the word word "whew" popping a lot lately on there. I don't know if it's the new hot thing to say or what, but it's annoying me.

by Anonymousreply 330June 25, 2021 9:49 PM

For all you Awardswatch posters, is it actually worth signing up for? This thread is making me want to take the plunge.

by Anonymousreply 331June 25, 2021 9:55 PM

No, R331. It's full of annoying people and the moderators are the worst.

by Anonymousreply 332June 26, 2021 2:23 AM

AwardsWatch is fun, but it can get annoying.

by Anonymousreply 333June 28, 2021 12:02 AM

Sasha Stone is also an insurrection supporter. I can't tell if she's trolling or not.

by Anonymousreply 334July 26, 2021 7:49 AM

My theory on Sasha Stone is that she's too immature to deal with the parts of her party/ideology she doesn't like. So she ends up going down the rabbit hole. It happens with some people. One of the most famous cases was political consultant Patrick Caddell. You could also argue Camille Paglia (but I think she's just a professional contrarian troll).

by Anonymousreply 335August 11, 2021 8:33 PM

I haven't posted on the Goldderby forum in a long time. I've been trying to log in, but it won't let me. I still realize e-mails from them, though. Does anyone know what the deal is?

by Anonymousreply 336August 11, 2021 10:11 PM

Yeah, Sasha is too weak and immature to handle the things she doesn't like about the left - so she went off the deep end.

by Anonymousreply 337August 15, 2021 2:30 PM

Erik has more connections than I thought. He gets to go to all these big film festivals and mingle with stars.

by Anonymousreply 338September 7, 2021 7:38 AM

The Jennifer Lawrence fans on there are annoying. It’s not 2012 anymore.

by Anonymousreply 339October 2, 2021 4:23 PM

R339 cocktailqueen comes to mind.

by Anonymousreply 340October 2, 2021 4:24 PM

I remember one time Tom O'Neil called Lauren Baccall as a "cunt" on the Goldderby forum.

by Anonymousreply 341October 31, 2021 3:09 PM

Sasha Stone is now involved in a David Fincher project. I guess they don't about her deleted conspiracy theory tweets. Even if you put that aside, there's still plenty "off" about her. Is she blackmailing people or something?

by Anonymousreply 342November 1, 2021 3:52 PM

That NYFCC runnerup "scandal" is embarrassing. All because of a Lady Gaga hater.

by Anonymousreply 343December 6, 2021 6:10 PM

There's a poster named Vektor whom I can never tell is being sarcastic/throwing shade or not.

by Anonymousreply 344December 22, 2021 5:09 PM

I agree with the poster who called their highbrow taste a smokescreen. I mean, you got people defending Jessica Alba's acting over there.

by Anonymousreply 345December 29, 2021 8:19 AM

TailSpin’s constant use of “whew” is annoying.

by Anonymousreply 346January 8, 2022 11:55 AM

Can’t stand electric_storm

by Anonymousreply 347January 11, 2022 8:41 AM

Matt24 needs to come out. No straight guy likes Brad Pitt THAT much.

by Anonymousreply 348January 11, 2022 8:47 AM

R319 Which site do you prefer, AW or DL?

by Anonymousreply 349January 11, 2022 6:41 PM

EOLB must be recluse or has some kind of disability, I feel he doesn't leave his house. He posts there incessantly all day and nigh and lives for that place!

by Anonymousreply 350January 12, 2022 11:42 PM

R350 and he ALWAYS gets into arguments with other users over the most trivial shit.

by Anonymousreply 351January 12, 2022 11:44 PM

I know R350, it's insane.

by Anonymousreply 352January 12, 2022 11:46 PM

Solarie read McTeague for filth today:

Solarie: "Grow up. You're nearing 50 but act like a 15. I might have said that early in the season. Adults discuss things AND adapt to what is going on in a season with each new info. And for your info I haven't been high on KStew for the past week, so this probably isn't GOTCHA moment you were hoping for."

The so called straight and father of two spaniard had this for a response:

McTeague:

"Honey, I'll say what I think when I'm 50, 60 and 120, get used to it."

by Anonymousreply 353January 12, 2022 11:57 PM

McTeague was being an ass in the thread about Sidney Poitier’s death. Complaining that people kept calling him a trailblazer, which he absolutely was.

by Anonymousreply 354January 13, 2022 12:00 AM

This McTeague guy is the most obnoxious, pedantic, obnoxious person I've ever had the misfortune to come across on the internet. He's prone to write things like:

"The cinephile vote isn't with Stewart. At all."

or:

"Let's not misread my posts now."

It's pathetic.

by Anonymousreply 355January 13, 2022 12:05 AM

^^^^^pretentious, not obnoxious twice. BUT he's so obnoxious he deserves to be called it twice...

by Anonymousreply 356January 13, 2022 12:08 AM

I don’t really enjoy going on AwardsWatch anymore, which is a shame because I used to enjoy it. The forum has such a hive mind mentality towards certain actors/actresses, which makes the forum just boring and toxic for no reason.

by Anonymousreply 357January 13, 2022 12:08 AM

Does Sasha S. still love Trump. That was a really weird development.

by Anonymousreply 358January 13, 2022 12:09 AM

R357 The Bradley Cooper worship on there annoys me and I don’t even dislike the guy!

by Anonymousreply 359January 13, 2022 12:10 AM

They really overrate Casey Affleck’s performance in Manchester by the Sea.

by Anonymousreply 360January 13, 2022 12:11 AM

Meryl Sheep annoys me.

by Anonymousreply 361January 13, 2022 12:25 AM

The KStew fans on there are doing the most over her SAG snub.

by Anonymousreply 362January 15, 2022 4:23 AM

CODA could actually win best picture - which would be all-time low in terms of sheer quality. We're talking a glorified Disney made for TV movie. Critics grade films on a curve these days, so you can't look at the RT and MC scores. I'm sure if they had a crystal ball, they probably would have dialed it back.

For some reason, McTeague has decided to root hard against The Power of the Dog winning best picture. He's using the same arguments he used years ago for why 12 Years a Slave wouldn't win best picture. I hope he's wrong again.

by Anonymousreply 363March 15, 2022 3:09 AM

ldw is insane.

by Anonymousreply 364March 16, 2022 12:59 AM

Strictly from a quality standpoint, CODA would be the worst best picture winner of all time. The fact that it was even nominated just blows my mind. Deaf representation aside, it's a total nothing burger of a movie. Cliche-ridden. No real stakes. Uninteresting characters. Lame attempts at humor. Flat direction. There's even some conservative messages that most people don't seem to notice. It would not surprise me if writer/director Sian Heder is a Republican.

by Anonymousreply 365March 16, 2022 9:46 AM

Considering how professional Goldderby is, there's a lot of trolling and toxic behavior on the forum.

by Anonymousreply 366March 17, 2022 2:19 AM

McTeague is becoming a contrarian troll.

by Anonymousreply 367March 20, 2022 8:18 AM

They've been on a kick lately calling Jessica Chastain "Mawma." I don't know where that came from.

by Anonymousreply 368March 24, 2022 5:27 PM

More signs that AW is not exactly highbrow:

There's actual Kristen Stewart stans

Some people also that believe Dakota Johnson is some great, underrated talent. It's weird that Felicity Jones gets way more shit than she does. I don't get it.

by Anonymousreply 369March 26, 2022 8:19 AM

There's a guy on there with a Conan O'Brian avatar who only makes sarcastic posts.

by Anonymousreply 370April 3, 2022 4:17 PM

Does anyone know what is going on with registration? I’ve been waiting for weeks, even emailed and no response from anyone.

by Anonymousreply 371April 7, 2022 2:03 AM

R371 They will be making the forums accessible to nonmembers soon.

by Anonymousreply 372April 9, 2022 6:13 AM

R349: AW. It can be somewhat restrictive on expressing oneself and can be contradictory in its rules. Their stance on some issues leaves no room for any reasonable conversation. There is a bit of "hive-mind." There are also a lot of young people there who seem to have little to offer and can be annoying (most of the stan wars are tired and dumb). But, the people there in general are very passionate and knowledgable about film, Oscars, and politics, and encourage intelligent debate. And most of the people there are respectful, kind, and human. The trolls there don't last, but they are hilarious and shine brightly for their brief moment. The interface is dated, but it's manageable.

I like DL. It can be fun and humorous, and there are certainly knowledgable people when it comes to politics and pop culture. I can stand and appreciate some of the cynicism, and I acknowledge that "bitter" is on the masthead the last time I looked, but this place can get very nasty, sometimes inexplicably and unnecessarily so. When I leave, sometimes I feel like I should take a Silkwood shower. The anti-trans threads are just too much. The trolls here are awful. So, is the interface. Everyone should have to have their handle showing. I seldom know who the hell I'm talking to. It's weird. I don't get it.

by Anonymousreply 373April 11, 2022 11:28 AM

So these fuckers just perma-banned me just for asking if one could consider some of the trans Drag Race contestants Drag Queens. I posted that they were showgirls not really Drag Queens. Is that transphobic or offensive?

I had been a member for almost 15 years and that place used to be fun and entertaining. Nowadays is a full blown Putinesque forum where any dissent is killed.

by Anonymousreply 374April 18, 2022 12:31 PM

Meanwhile McTeague has a free rein to express all of his problematics views

by Anonymousreply 375April 18, 2022 4:33 PM

These motherfuckers have gone full on fascists where if you less than 100% parrot or toe the extreme woke line, you get banned. Everything is racism, or transphobia or misogygy. They have banned a lot of members, including long time valuable (and hilarious) ones. Only on the first page of the ridiculous subforum where they solemnly announce the bans you can count more than 20.

And the place is getting empty, whereas their competition (like GoldDerby) is thriving.

by Anonymousreply 376April 19, 2022 12:27 AM

R374 They said you made racist comments before, is that true?

by Anonymousreply 377April 22, 2022 9:28 AM

Wow! Variety predicts Babylon wont get nominated for any major awards!

It’s also Interesting that Variety believe two of Brad Pitt’s produce films will be nominated for best pic. He was already “cancelled “on twitter because Angelina called him out on working with Weinstein and now here he is being a producer on “She said”. I’m sure it will be pointed out during their press tours about the hypocrisy of it all.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 378April 22, 2022 9:42 AM

I hate that "Hoster1" poster. Another contrarian moron.

And yes, McTeague is awful. As is lazarus.

by Anonymousreply 379April 22, 2022 11:45 PM

R377. You tell me. My first ban was for calling Naomi Smalls a cunt for eliminating Manila Luzon. The second I don't remember. And the third was for saying that the BAFTAs were woke when they implemented the jury system for the nominations in the acting categories and that they were filling quotas by doing it.

IMO hardly something transphobic or racist.

by Anonymousreply 380April 25, 2022 10:24 AM

R341 Tom actually called her a 'notorious cunt'. A very fitting description by most accounts.

by Anonymousreply 381April 25, 2022 10:45 AM

Nora eats her own feces.

by Anonymousreply 382May 3, 2022 4:41 AM

How many times are they going to rehash Oscar wins they dislike?

by Anonymousreply 383May 3, 2022 4:44 AM

[quote]R10 The autistic ones: Alvy Singer, Sara Allorn, crazyfists3600m, Dr_Dmitri-Yuriev, Fred, ldw

I’d call myself Dyatlov Pass-Incident.

by Anonymousreply 384May 3, 2022 4:46 AM

AW loves them some white ingenues.

by Anonymousreply 385May 3, 2022 4:50 AM

chunkymonkey is a deranged Timothee stan

by Anonymousreply 386May 3, 2022 4:50 AM

Okay, I am really dense, I guess, but how do they make sweeping nominations predictions when we’re not even out of the first third of the year. Have the editors seen all the 2022 movies already? Or they just automatically go for the most high profile roles, and reports on quality while filming was underway?

If one haven’t seen a performance, how do you know if it’s good, or bound to be admired or not?

by Anonymousreply 387May 3, 2022 4:57 AM

I wouldn't be surprised if Sasha is on Peter Thiel's payroll. He's a billionaire right-leaning libertarian who backs right-wing politicians and pays online left-wingers to attack the democratic party/culturally progressive and downplay/pander to the right.

by Anonymousreply 388September 3, 2022 4:43 PM

If they dislike an actress enough personally and professionally, they will constantly ridicule and deem them irrelevant no matter how matter successful they are. In general, they have weird measurements for success over there. This place is guilty of it as well.

by Anonymousreply 389September 6, 2022 8:27 PM

Libs is one of the few nice posters on the forum. I don't even know why she's still there.

by Anonymousreply 390September 7, 2022 8:24 PM

After all these years, McTeague is still pressed about 12 Years a Slave winning best picture.

by Anonymousreply 391September 20, 2022 11:01 PM

Magazines aimed squarely at straight males with blatant chauvinistic writing. "Stuff' even had certain right-wing leanings at times.

I also remember them going on the Howard Stern show during this time. The Suzanne Vega episode is one of the craziest.

It's like a peak into an alternate reality.

by Anonymousreply 392September 23, 2022 2:17 AM

The 1990s and 2000s. A time when classy (some more than others) liberal female celebs would appear in chauvinistic magazines and even on the Howard Stern show.

by Anonymousreply 393September 23, 2022 2:27 AM

Oops, wrong thread.

by Anonymousreply 394September 23, 2022 2:28 AM

Does anyone remember the name of this poster? He had an Orlando Bloom avatar way back in the day. Then an avatar of himself (I think). Then a sig pic of a guy in see-thru tights jumping in the air on stage. He was pretty cool. I wonder if he still posts?

by Anonymousreply 395September 29, 2022 1:31 PM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 396September 30, 2022 5:23 AM

I remember on the old IMDB movie awards, there was a poster with an avatar of George Clooney winking. He claimed to be a liberal, but would make racist jokes and get pissed when actors he liked would "virtue signal."

by Anonymousreply 397October 6, 2022 10:46 AM

Cate Blanchett and Nicole Kidman are practically royalty - no matter how much McTeague tries to pull another Winslet on them.

by Anonymousreply 398October 18, 2022 8:36 AM

[quote]The Bradley Cooper worship on there annoys me and I don’t even dislike the guy!

Wow! Now they worship him? I remember when they used to mock him over there and make homophobic comments about him.

by Anonymousreply 399October 18, 2022 9:54 AM

If AW only knew a thread about them has been around for 5 years and just got to 400 posts perhaps they'd appreciate how inconsequential they have made themselves.

by Anonymousreply 400October 18, 2022 12:59 PM

R388, Sasha has nothing to do with AW - if you mean Sasha Stone.

Sasha founded Awards Daily (originally OscarWatch until AMPAS sued her). Awards Daily had a forum which for various reasons was cast out of AD. That forum became Awards Watch. For some other reason I also can't remember Awards Watch tossed off the forum and again the forum had to later change to its current name, Awards Worthy.

Awards Watch has a website with Eric Anderson running it. There is also a McQuade co-running it and I remember a McQuade at the forum. Not sure if it's the same guy.

If I missed anything feel free to add or correct me.

by Anonymousreply 401October 18, 2022 1:19 PM

R401 Erik was getting paid by studios to write those reviews that are featured on movie posters during awards season. I remember he did one for Still Alice praising Julianne Moore (who was worshipped at AW). It was around that time that he started asking posters to stop with the misogyny and fat-shaming of actresses, such as calling Kate Winslet "Winslut" or "Pigslet" and to stop talking about her pussy, which they did for many years. Studio executives started watching the forum, so they were pretty much forced to behave. That's probably one of the reasons why they ended up getting rid of the old forum since Erik had bigger aspirations in the film industry and being associated with that mess could hurt his career since he had to pretend to be a serious and impartial film critic.

by Anonymousreply 402October 19, 2022 2:47 AM

[quote] Erik was getting paid by studios to write those reviews that are featured on movie posters during awards season.

Oh wow. Fuck him. Now he's a Rotten Tomatoes "approved" critic. See, I said those new critics were all a bunch of whores. Once you take money to write reviews then you have no cred ever again.

Thanks, R402. I lost my password to AW ages ago and I haven't been able to post in a long time. But I was losing patience there as I watched it devolve into tribal and TRA shit that totally affected people's views on films. They would tear into anyone who dared to disagree. They lost their objectivity - whatever remained - a long time ago. But I do remember the forum fondly from the early 2000s. I was one of the oldest posters.

AW is where the discussion on the Wachowski Brothers was pretty much the straw that broke the camel's back for me.

Here's his bio at AW

Erik Anderson is the founder/owner and Editor-in-Chief of AwardsWatch and has always loved all things Oscar, having watched the Academy Awards since he was in single digits; making lists, rankings and predictions throughout the show. This led him down the path to obsessing about awards. Much later, he found himself in film school and the film forums of GoldDerby, and then migrated over to the former Oscarwatch (now AwardsDaily), before breaking off to create AwardsWatch in 2013.

He is a Rotten Tomatoes-approved critic, accredited by the Cannes Film Festival, Telluride Film Festival, Toronto International Film Festival and more, is a member of the International Cinephile Society (ICS), The Society of LGBTQ Entertainment Critics (GALECA), Hollywood Critics Association (HCA) and the International Press Academy. Among his many achieved goals with AwardsWatch, he has given a platform to underrepresented writers and critics and supplied them with access to film festivals and the industry and calls the Bay Area his home where he lives with his husband and son.

by Anonymousreply 403October 19, 2022 4:17 AM

R402 Erik definitely rebranded himself. He used to make racist/misogynist comments similar to the ones on DL years ago.

by Anonymousreply 404October 21, 2022 4:08 AM

R399 They’re always singing Bradley’s praises and going on about how overdue he is.

by Anonymousreply 405October 21, 2022 4:09 AM

AW has a surprising number of straight members.

by Anonymousreply 406October 23, 2022 10:01 AM

^^^ What does that have to do with anything at AW?

by Anonymousreply 407October 23, 2022 10:24 AM

Sasha Stone has gone full MAGA.

by Anonymousreply 408October 23, 2022 10:25 AM

The posters there who DEMAND at least one, if not multiple, POC (aka black) in every acting category are exhausting. And their passive aggressive and manipulating comments to anyone who dares suggest a white person may be more deserving are like clockwork.

by Anonymousreply 409October 23, 2022 11:02 AM

Yeah, I remember Erik making axe wound jokes and grauitously hating on Anne Hathaway.

by Anonymousreply 410October 26, 2022 3:02 PM

*gratuiously

by Anonymousreply 411October 26, 2022 3:05 PM

I can't figure out if Lazarus is gay or not. The same deal with the Conan O'Brien avatar guy who is always making slight sarcastic posts. Their taste seems a little too straight to be gay. But then again, Lazarus is a genuine Swiftie.

by Anonymousreply 412April 8, 2023 1:19 AM

Do you have to have a reached a certain number of posts before you can create new threads? I am registered there but only able to post comments not begin new threads. I have visited there quite a bit over the years but only post occasionally as some of the comment wars between fans and haters of various actresses and directors can get really tedious. They are good at updating news about films though and have often found out new details about projects on there before anywhere else.

by Anonymousreply 413May 11, 2023 10:26 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!