Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Gay Pride flag taken down after after trans student complains

First flag-burning and now this.

Imagine if the roles were reversed and it was a gay student forcing the school to take down the trans flag (as if he could)? The media would have a field day.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32April 23, 2018 3:08 PM

That should be just one "after".

by Anonymousreply 1March 8, 2017 9:30 PM

This is getting out of hand. its time for the trans to have their own movement. enough of this BS

by Anonymousreply 2March 8, 2017 9:55 PM

Remember when the Ts were nice people like Jan Morris who wanted to be a woman so quietly got her surgery and now quietly lives without bothering anyone?

by Anonymousreply 3March 8, 2017 9:58 PM

Trans is the biggest anti-gay force ever

by Anonymousreply 4March 8, 2017 9:59 PM

[quote]This is not the first time transgender activists have sought to remove gay pride flags from schools. Last year the University of British Columbia’s Gay Pride flag was burned on the flagpole by a trans student who feared increased public awareness and acceptance of lesbians and gays might result in transgender people being associated with homosexuals.

What a coincidence...I fear that increased public awareness and acceptance of transgender people might result in lesbians and gays being associated with THEM!

Drop. The. T.

NOW.

by Anonymousreply 5March 8, 2017 10:05 PM

GenderTrender is lying about the reasoning. There was a lot of media attention that was already concerning the principal, and when a trans student complained about it, she decided to take the flag inside the building.

From an actual news article and not the little blurb that stupid website linked to:

[quote]KENNEBUNK — The gay pride flag raised by the Gay Straight Trans Alliance (GSTA) Club at Kennebunk High School has been taken down less than a week after it was flown at the request of a transgender student who Principal Sue Cressey said was uncomfortable with the media attention.

[quote]Cressey said what was intended as a show of unity and support for all students at the school, quickly became "politicized" with media outlets calling district officials and students asking if they were trying to make a political statement. In a statement late Tuesday, Cressey said the flag will be displayed inside the school, and "we will continue to support all students."

[quote]Her decision to take down the flag came after a flurry of attention that interfered with the school day at KHS.

[quote]"After an afternoon of calls from various news organizations, it became clear to me that the First Amendment right to fly the flag was interfering with the educational process at KHS and making some students very uncomfortable," Cressey said. "So I made the decision to take the flag down."

GenderTrender paints this as a trans student being anti-gay. That's not what happened.

There are plenty of adult trans people who ARE anti-gay. How about you go after them instead of this student who didn't actually make the decision to move the flag indoors?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6March 8, 2017 10:12 PM

R6 Hilarious that a trans student is supposedly uncomfortable with media attention. They LIVE for it.

by Anonymousreply 7March 8, 2017 10:29 PM

R6 Note how the argument for removing the flag was that it brought too much attention to them (trans). This was the exact same argument used by the man who set fire to the gay pride flag in British Columbia.

Being "too gay" is too much for the T.

by Anonymousreply 8March 8, 2017 10:32 PM

The only upside to this is that more and more of the younger generation of gays and lesbians will see, and remember.

by Anonymousreply 9March 8, 2017 10:35 PM

Well, so far the younger generation is completely brainwashed to support trans, or is being turned into trans.

by Anonymousreply 10March 8, 2017 10:54 PM

It's crazy how similar the motive for this flag removal is to the flag burning incident in British Columbia. Below is the rationalization from an interview with the anti-LGB, flag burning, tranny ...

[quote] Brooklyn Fink, a transsexual student who feels "outed" by queer activism, took responsibility for the act last month, and told VICE she felt triggered by the rainbow flag's presence. Her story raises questions about how inclusive queer communities should respond when people just don't want to be included.

[quote] "I would like it if transsexual wasn't included in LGBT," she told VICE.

[quote] In case you need a refresher: transsexual is a term we've had for at least half a century, and refers to people whose gender doesn't match their assigned sex, many of whom pursue reassignment treatment and surgery. Transgender, on the other hand, is a relatively new umbrella term that includes all kinds of of expressions, including transsexual. Trouble is, Fink says her identity is much closer to "straight" than "queer."

[quote] "Twelve years ago I was just a tall female and nobody knew," Fink said. "If I knew I'd be lumped in with the gays and lesbians, instead of being accepted as a female, then I never would have gone through the process. They've made me stop half-way though."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11March 8, 2017 10:56 PM

[quote]"Twelve years ago I was just a tall female and nobody knew," Fink said.

Pffffthahahahaha.

by Anonymousreply 12March 8, 2017 10:59 PM

Fink?

Say no more...

by Anonymousreply 13March 8, 2017 11:00 PM

That pic at r11 is displaying the official tranny smirk. Do they get special training in it?

by Anonymousreply 14March 8, 2017 11:01 PM

r14, it's been termed 'duper's delight'

by Anonymousreply 15March 8, 2017 11:03 PM

R15 It's called Dupers Delight, the trademark smirk of narcissists.

Look it up. It'll blow your mind.

by Anonymousreply 16March 8, 2017 11:03 PM

Get over yourselves! No one ever died from being "uncomfortable" or "offended."

by Anonymousreply 17March 8, 2017 11:04 PM

I'm sure the high school received more than a few complaints from Christian families who don't support the homosexual lifestyle and don't want it promoted to their children.

But, just ONE transgender student complains and they lower it from the flag pole and rush it behind closed doors.

And this is supposed to be for some sort of "diversity week"?

by Anonymousreply 18March 8, 2017 11:12 PM

R6 is correct. The blog is written by self-described feminists and the facts reported here in Maine are not compatible with this distortion.

by Anonymousreply 19March 8, 2017 11:13 PM

The only diversity allowed is anything that puts trans front and center. Everything else us hate speech and/or literal violence.

by Anonymousreply 20March 8, 2017 11:14 PM

"GenderTrender paints this as a trans student being anti-gay. That's not what happened."

Well, then, what DID happen? The article you linked to tells us that the trans student was "uncomfortable with the media attention," but doesn't tell us WHY. Trans usually can't get enough media attention, but if the media focus on something "gay" for five seconds, they have a total meltdown.

by Anonymousreply 21March 8, 2017 11:28 PM

You mean this one?

"I would like it if transsexual wasn't included in LGBT," she told VICE.

Well, your wish is our command.

by Anonymousreply 22March 9, 2017 12:25 AM

[quote]"I would like it if transsexual wasn't included in LGBT," she told VICE.

From your labia, tranzette.

by Anonymousreply 23March 9, 2017 12:49 AM

I'm always amused, that just like most men on here think they look 20 years younger than they are, that the transvestites that refer to themselves as being 'transgender', think they pass for being the opposite sex they were born.

by Anonymousreply 24March 9, 2017 12:52 AM

trans hate gays

by Anonymousreply 25March 9, 2017 2:23 AM

I can't help but feel that they're making life ever so slightly more complicated than it needs to be.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26March 10, 2017 8:21 PM

Why is a High School in Kennebunk, Maine also flying the national flags of Germany, Slovakia, and Jamaica?

by Anonymousreply 27March 10, 2017 9:49 PM

Next time I see a trans flag, I'm going to tear it down and rip it in two just like Christopher Plummer in [italic]The Sound of Music[/italic].

by Anonymousreply 28March 10, 2017 9:54 PM

R6 and R19 are concern trolls.

by Anonymousreply 29March 10, 2017 9:55 PM

They won't be happy until they kill us all.

by Anonymousreply 30April 23, 2018 3:02 PM

Let trans go.

by Anonymousreply 31April 23, 2018 3:06 PM

R29 is projecting.

by Anonymousreply 32April 23, 2018 3:08 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!