Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

What are your thoughts on Adam Sandler?

I can't say that I'm a fan. I rarely find him funny.

by Anonymousreply 37September 26, 2019 5:11 PM

Jewish privilege

by Anonymousreply 1March 5, 2017 1:38 AM

Huge TrumpTwat, supposedly a huge homophobe. And about as funny as Twacy Mo'gan.

by Anonymousreply 2March 5, 2017 1:40 AM

Not nearly as funny as he thinks he is and has terrible taste in friends.

by Anonymousreply 3March 5, 2017 1:55 AM

About as funny as Andy Samberg. Andy Samberg isn't funny.

by Anonymousreply 4March 5, 2017 1:58 AM

Not funny and made far too many movies OP.

by Anonymousreply 5March 5, 2017 2:32 AM

I prefer not to think about Adam Sandler

by Anonymousreply 6March 5, 2017 2:34 AM

One of the ugliest people ever to headline a movie.

by Anonymousreply 7March 5, 2017 2:34 AM

He's always ugly and never funny. How he's in the movie business is a mystery. Maybe as R1 says.

by Anonymousreply 8March 5, 2017 2:52 AM

Quite ugly and also not funny. Rob Schneider is funnier so there you have it.

by Anonymousreply 9March 5, 2017 2:58 AM

A-hole. Humorless. Aging.

by Anonymousreply 10March 5, 2017 3:17 AM

Adam Sandler is genuinely a nice person, supportive of minorities, including gays, and gave Winona Ryder a job (after her shop-lifting conviction) in one of his movies when no one else would. But.......his movies are quite juvenile. "Jack And Jill", literally bathroom humor. Nice guy, but I don't think he'll ever come close to winning an Oscar.

by Anonymousreply 11March 5, 2017 3:23 AM

He's hit and miss.

But what I like about Sandler is that his movies have great themes and his heart is always in the right place.

by Anonymousreply 12March 5, 2017 3:27 AM

Niceness isn't enough to excel and rise to the top in this great art form. Look at poor, dear Glennie. You have to be deeply loved and blessed with talent, and few of us are that.

by Anonymousreply 13March 5, 2017 3:34 AM

Nowhere near as talented as he appears to believe he is.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14March 5, 2017 3:48 AM

Kind to fans and from what I hear, a nice person. His movies are juvenile but have their moments n

by Anonymousreply 15March 5, 2017 3:54 AM

I'd rather get Andy Samberg's dick in a box than Adam Sandler's.

by Anonymousreply 16March 5, 2017 4:09 AM

Nice guy. All his movies since 2000 have gotten progressively worse. Little Nicky was good for a chuckle or 2. Jack and Jill was cringe worthy.

by Anonymousreply 17March 5, 2017 4:48 AM

I LOVED him back when he was on "Remote Control" in the late 80s. I thought he was kinda cute back then as well.

But, he should start doing stuff behind the camera now, He is unbelievably loyal to all his SNL alum friends(even those for whom work has dried up) and he will always find some work for them. He helped a friend of mine when his career was in a dry patch and Sandler was at the top of his game. It completely revived my friend's career and he even got a lead role in a pay cable comedy as a result..

So I'll always have a soft spot in my heart for Sandler.

by Anonymousreply 18March 5, 2017 4:57 AM

Are you kidding? He is a nasty asshole. It was revealed in the sony email hacks! He was hated by everyone!

by Anonymousreply 19March 5, 2017 5:29 AM

That monotonous Hannukah song.

by Anonymousreply 20March 5, 2017 5:32 AM

One of his new-ish movies was on a TV station as I checked the channel guide. That movie had definite pedo undertones. It was a slapstick comedy.

by Anonymousreply 21March 5, 2017 5:43 AM

Nothing personal, like all in the 'Star System' of our entertainment sector, I don't know him; it's his performing ability we're talking about. Never found him in the last funny just like Chevy Chase, Will Farrell etc. His political beliefs are his own..don't care.

Jimmy Stewart, like the majority of that Golden Age was very right wing and more than likely indifferent to people of color....nonetheless, his performance in The Philadelphia Story is more than memorable...he was fantastic as the drunk who happens in on CK Dexter Haven (Car Grant)

by Anonymousreply 22March 5, 2017 5:48 AM

Big Daddy is my favorite Sandler flick. The Water Boy is second. Little Nicky is third.

He'll never win any awards in front of the camera, but his loyalty and generosity (Winona Ryder) speak well of him. Despite the Sony hack leaks, there are far worse assholes in Hollywood than Sandler. And he at least, IMO, far funnier than Samberg.

by Anonymousreply 23March 5, 2017 6:20 AM

I never get tired of watching wedding singer. I like him he doesn't seem to have any skeletons or scandals.

by Anonymousreply 24March 5, 2017 7:59 AM

Don't find him funny or talented.

by Anonymousreply 25March 26, 2017 1:30 AM

He's not funny. All of the $ in the world couldn't make me host his genetics to fruition. Adoption would be the only option.

His stint on SNL was great but his fab Chanukah song is a classic and we'll done. He skates on this.

by Anonymousreply 26March 26, 2017 1:42 AM

This era's Jerry Lewis.

by Anonymousreply 27March 26, 2017 1:51 AM

His shtick is tiresome, but he made a handful of funny movies.

by Anonymousreply 28March 26, 2017 2:00 AM

Unfunny, plays same character over and over, a major contributer to the culture of infantilized adult males and the general dumbing down of America. Trumpanzees would naturally gravitate towards him.

Of course he *may* be a very nice person, and his films usually have some kind of *nice* message (even if deeply coated in nauseating sentimentalism, juvenile misogyny and implied homophobia), so... Nah, fuck it, that doesn't excuse him.

by Anonymousreply 29March 26, 2017 2:28 AM

Loved him when he was on Remote Control, and the early SNL days.

I have seen few of his films, The Wedding Singer was good, but I think of him almost weekly. I'm normally sitting down to my lunch in front of my kitchen tv and The Price is Right is just going off. The director's name is Adam Sandler and I smile thinking of THE Adam Sandler moonlighting in his free time running a game show.

by Anonymousreply 30March 26, 2017 2:31 AM

I mostly hate everything about him. However, his dramatic turn in Spanglish really got to me. He can act, based on that movie. He just needs to stop being so juvenile.

by Anonymousreply 31March 26, 2017 2:32 AM

R31 I could not agree more. He was so poignant in Spanglish, and I really believe that he CAN act if given the right material.

by Anonymousreply 32March 26, 2017 3:14 AM

He was one of the top film earners for a period maybe in the 90s. He made film after film with his friends. Not a bad way to live really.

by Anonymousreply 33March 26, 2017 4:11 AM

[quote]...a major contributer to the culture of infantilized adult males and the general dumbing down of America.

I agree.

However...

I've been bingeing on Netflix standup comedy specials and ran out of people I was interested in, so resorted to Adam Sandler's latest performance, expecting to hate it.

He was HILARIOUS. I would even say "inspired." His movies may suck but his standup act blew me away.

Did anyone else see it? What did you think?

by Anonymousreply 34September 26, 2019 4:58 PM

Always much less funny than he thinks he is.

by Anonymousreply 35September 26, 2019 5:07 PM

I like his early stuff but he hasn't made anything watchable in at least 15 years

by Anonymousreply 36September 26, 2019 5:08 PM

I do not have "thoughts on Adam Sandler." He is too hideous—and too unfunny—a thing with which to trouble my beautiful mind.

by Anonymousreply 37September 26, 2019 5:11 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!