Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Ryan Murphy says "Glee" was a shit-storm of difficulty, but doesn't think he'd do a "Feud" about it

[quote]"I feel like in the case of that show [Glee], that show was just a s--tstorm of difficulty, largely because, what do you do when you're 18 years old or 19 years old and you wake up one day and you're world famous? I think a lot of that was informed by their youth and being involved in a phenomenon. And I know for a fact that they [Lea and Naya] admired each other's work, ‘cause I directed them both in scenes. I don't think I would take on Lea and Naya. I think for a feud to work on this show, it has to have decades of pain behind it. But if they're still feuding at 40, I might consider it. I'll call them up in a couple years."

[quote]Then he dropped this little unknown fact: "There were many boys on our show that didn't get along. And you never hear about that. You never hear about that in our culture."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 507March 2, 2021 9:58 PM

[quote]There were many boys on our show that didn't get along. And you never hear about that.

I feel like there was lots of talk that Chris Colfer and Darren Criss didn't really get along...

by Anonymousreply 1March 3, 2017 4:58 PM

Lord, if you were Darren Criss and you had to act like you loved miss woman, you wouldnt be happy about it either.

by Anonymousreply 2March 3, 2017 5:00 PM

Didn't think they hired any 18 or 19 year olds for the parts on Glee except possibly Chris Colfer.

by Anonymousreply 3March 3, 2017 5:05 PM

Yeah Ryan Murphy is exaggerating how young they were to use that as some sort of an excuse. Chris Colfer was only 19 when the show started, but the rest of the "teenagers" of Glee have always been twenty-somethings.

by Anonymousreply 4March 3, 2017 5:11 PM

Cory Monteith got involved with drugs. The boy in the wheelchair was a diva. Quinn was too nice. Chris and Darren were not feeling it. Leah Michelle stopped eating! Chord is not his real name.

by Anonymousreply 5March 3, 2017 5:17 PM

Lea Michele and Naya Rivera refused to even have scenes together for the final season.

Ryan Murphy and Dianna Agron hated each other. That wasn't much of a secret, he even made of her in "The New Normal"

by Anonymousreply 6March 3, 2017 5:24 PM

They go meta with Darren Criss and Chris Colfer here through Becky. "they barely even look at each other", "it looks like they don't even like each other"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7March 3, 2017 5:27 PM

[quote]During the episode Chris directed with the old people and the dogs, Lea was pulling a diva fit about everything and eventually was locking herself in her trailer. And Naya was ready for them to do a diner scene and she was on her mark with her lines ready and nobody else was, and one of the producers was just chilling on a diner stool and she went up to him and was like “Where’s the rest of the scene? Aren’t going to do anything about this?” and he freaked out and started yelling at her in front of everybody and was was like “I’ve been doing this job for 6 years!” And she was like “Yeah, badly.”

by Anonymousreply 8March 3, 2017 5:32 PM

How many shows have one star die from ODing another star arrested for pedophilia...

by Anonymousreply 9March 3, 2017 5:47 PM

r9 Yes, child abuse and statutory rape (which of course both weren't even involved, I think) are so rare.

by Anonymousreply 10March 3, 2017 6:00 PM

[quote] The boy in the wheelchair was a diva.

Why? He's a total nobody, as evidenced by his career before and after Glee and the fact that no one even knew his name DURING Glee.

by Anonymousreply 11March 3, 2017 6:05 PM

The weird thing about Kevin McHale is he is still hiding in the closet.

by Anonymousreply 12March 3, 2017 6:09 PM

[quote]He's a total nobody, as evidenced by his career before and after Glee

I'll have you know I am a featured star of ABC's fabulous new miniseries, "When We Rise," R11!

by Anonymousreply 13March 3, 2017 6:11 PM

Remember this?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14March 3, 2017 6:12 PM

[quote] I'll have you know I am a featured star of ABC's fabulous new miniseries, "When We Rise," [R11]!

Meaning what, you have one scene? Whose cock did you have to suck for that, Van Sant's, DLB's or Whoopi Goldberg's?

by Anonymousreply 15March 3, 2017 6:13 PM

R6, how did they make fun of her on The New Normal?

by Anonymousreply 16March 3, 2017 6:53 PM

Naya Rivera has sad Lea Michele didn't say a single word to her through all of season 6

[quote]"If I'd complained about anyone or anything, she'd assumed I was bitching about her. Soon, she started to ignore me, and eventually it got to the point where she didn't say a word to me for all of Season 6,"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17March 3, 2017 7:10 PM

[quote]how did they make fun of her on The New Normal?

The New Normal had Andrew Rannells as a stand in for Ryan Murphy (named Bryan) who ran a popular musical show "Sing". There was a actress named Brynn (Quinn...) who was a huge pain in the ass

All the typical Ryan Murphy subtlety

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18March 3, 2017 7:18 PM

[quote]There were many boys on our show that didn't get along. And you never hear about that. You never hear about that in our culture.

Ha! After the fight, he wrote Naya Rivera's character off the show for the rest of the season, but yeah, put them blame on "our culture."

by Anonymousreply 19March 4, 2017 6:20 PM

R11 There's something about him that always rubbed me the wrong way.

by Anonymousreply 20March 4, 2017 6:24 PM

Chris C. was jealous of Darren C. for becoming a fan favorite almost overnight. Darren was a total team player and did his best to get along with everybody and that made Chris even more furious, because he couldn't get anyone to join his side until Lea needed someone to join her to get rid of her enemies (like Naya).

by Anonymousreply 21March 4, 2017 6:51 PM

Why do people always like to target Colfer as being jealous? Colfer was making a ton of money off his children's books alone back when Glee was on. He's making more money off them now it's over. It's other cast members you want to be looking at.

by Anonymousreply 22March 5, 2017 3:29 AM

Chris Colfer was at Sunset Blvd. Friday night with his boyfriend

by Anonymousreply 23March 5, 2017 5:25 AM

Ah, Glee. A really great half-season show that ran for six.

by Anonymousreply 24March 5, 2017 6:08 AM

R24 exactly. That show was completely unwatchable in seasons 3,5,6. It was already struggling in season 1. Season 2 it peaked.

by Anonymousreply 25March 5, 2017 4:28 PM

[quote]Season 2 it peaked.

No, the peak of "Glee" remains the first 13 episodes of Season 1. Unquestionably.

You actually had the black comedy made in a vacuum before the show became popular and changed course.

by Anonymousreply 26March 5, 2017 4:31 PM

Which season did Kurt's father get married in? Also, when did Jesse St. James and Finn duke it out in "Total Eclipse of the Heart"?

These were the two best episodes of Glee. I even use "Marry Me" as my alarm song on my iPhone.

by Anonymousreply 27March 5, 2017 5:37 PM

R27 Season 2! When it peaked.

by Anonymousreply 28March 5, 2017 9:44 PM

Thanks, r28.

by Anonymousreply 29March 5, 2017 9:57 PM

It peaked when Darren Criss appeared. Then it was all downhill from there.

by Anonymousreply 30March 5, 2017 10:42 PM

[quote]It got better when Darren Criss appeared.

Fixed.

by Anonymousreply 31March 5, 2017 10:49 PM

Someone needs to write a no-holds-barred Tell All about the behind the scenes of this show.

by Anonymousreply 32March 5, 2017 10:54 PM

Weirdly, I'm bingeing on glee right now. I watched Season one and two this week. I'll do the next two seasons starting tomorrow . Such an underrated show.

by Anonymousreply 33March 5, 2017 11:04 PM

[quote]Such an underrated show.

"I don't think that means what you think it means" - Inigo Montoya

by Anonymousreply 34March 5, 2017 11:23 PM

Seriously r34. "Glee" was a massive world-wide phenomenon at one point. I have no clue what r33 is talking about.

by Anonymousreply 35March 6, 2017 3:08 AM

R30 that would be season 2

by Anonymousreply 36March 6, 2017 3:11 AM

Just because it was a worldwide hit (and ran for what, 6 seasons?) doesn't mean it was actually good. For me it was entertaining enough, but I stopped watching after the episode where they deal with Finn's death and Kurt goes all meta and is wagging the finger at the audience for being way too interested in how he died. The show was a total PR whore and all of a sudden they go "Hey, HOW DARE YOU! How dare you be all hyped up about the scandalous details of Corey's death! After we hyped the Lea Corey showmance for most of the show until even hardcore Glee fans got sick of it!".

by Anonymousreply 37March 6, 2017 3:20 AM

Hello? Is this thing on? Testing 1-2-3? Can anybody hear me?

by Anonymousreply 38March 6, 2017 3:24 AM

Relax Matthew. You are still going strong whenever you promote Finding Neverland: The Musical on Project Runway *lol*.

by Anonymousreply 39March 6, 2017 3:27 AM

Because Matthew Morrison was quickly forgotten r38. He went from being a lead of the show to just a supporting player who gives pep talks to the kids and never performs (a shame since Matt is a fantastic singer and danger and had a great body)

It is true, I feel like we never really heard any Matthew Morrison gossip while it was airing, which is odd. He had to have been pissed about how everything went down.

by Anonymousreply 40March 6, 2017 3:28 AM

Lea Michelle was SO annoying and was a lead character. God, I couldn't stand Rachel.

by Anonymousreply 41March 6, 2017 3:30 AM

Also, they stuck Matthew with the stupidest plot lines. First, the dumbass wife. Then when they realized that didn't work, the OCD redhead.

by Anonymousreply 42March 6, 2017 3:32 AM

{quote]It is true, I feel like we never really heard any Matthew Morrison gossip while it was airing,

Apart from the rumor that he is gay and the picture that might, or might not, have been him making out with a guy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43March 6, 2017 3:33 AM

I can't stand Lea Michelle in real life, but Rachel was a good character and Lea was a natural fit for her.

That's the thing, I liked "Glee" when it was a dark comedy. That included these flawed characters with interesting personalities that did ridiculous things.

Darren Criss is charismatic, but characters like Blaine are earnest and boring. When they tried to replace Rachel with Marley, this bland, "nice" character it was an epic fail and caused the shows ratings to plummet.

by Anonymousreply 44March 6, 2017 3:34 AM

R22 you don't make that much money off of publishing, let's face it Darren Criss got alot more attention and post acting gigs than Chris.

I don't even watch the show (just familiar with it), But I'm aware more of what Darren Criss is doing post-Glee than Chris.

by Anonymousreply 45March 6, 2017 3:34 AM

The show really dropped off at one point. The first and second seasons were good but then it just died.

by Anonymousreply 46March 6, 2017 3:35 AM

*This* was the moment Chris Colfer realized the show had been stolen right out from under his gold satin slippers.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47March 6, 2017 3:36 AM

It peaked with Jonathan Groff's Bohemian Rhapsody performance.

by Anonymousreply 48March 6, 2017 3:38 AM

Rotten Tomatoes ratings for "Glee". Notice the EPIC drop off after Seasons 1 and Seasons 2.

"Glee" was a victim of its popularity, it was forced to become the thing it was originally parodying.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49March 6, 2017 3:38 AM

Exactly. I believe the moment it turned was when they dropped the storyline of Schuster's wife having the hots for Finn and they got rid of Jessalyn Gilsig. I think that's when they abandoned the satire and went full on teen musical show.

by Anonymousreply 50March 6, 2017 3:46 AM

Like Popular before it, when Glee left dark comedy to educate middle America on how it should view the world, it inevitably failed.

Two words: Mary Cherry.

by Anonymousreply 51March 6, 2017 3:47 AM

Could not agree with your more r50.

by Anonymousreply 52March 6, 2017 3:50 AM

Well, it lasted longer than Smash. Smash couldn't decided what it was. The first season tried to be a soap opera, and when that didn't work, they tried to turn it into a musical drama, but when they killed off gay Kyle, it proved they couldn't keep away from the soap opera.

by Anonymousreply 53March 6, 2017 3:51 AM

R51 yup

by Anonymousreply 54March 6, 2017 4:00 AM

why is Darren Criss pronouncing it as "It's not UnJewsual..." ?

why was Ashley Fink dropped from the cast after her season?

why was Mark Salling dropped from the cast for 2-3 shows?

were those songs really auto tuned (Denials all around, and you know how that goes...)

by Anonymousreply 55March 6, 2017 4:07 AM

When the show put Rachel and Finn together I rolled my eyes. PUH-lease. No one in his right mind would date that thirsty hag. I could not suspend disbelief.

by Anonymousreply 56March 6, 2017 4:12 AM

Which Glee cast member has done the best career-wise since the show ended?

by Anonymousreply 57March 6, 2017 4:26 AM

I think money wise Chris Colfer made bank with his children books.

Michelle Benoist managed to get the lead in Greg Berlanit's Supergirl. Even after her hardcore pictures leaked.

Lea Michele still needs to kiss up to Murphy to get roles (Scream Queens).

by Anonymousreply 58March 6, 2017 4:36 AM

Grant Gustin is the clear winner in terms of having a stable acting career as the lead... Melissa Benoist second (Supergirl's ratings aren't that great). Lea is stuck with second billing and unattractive roles courtesy of Murphy. Jonathan Groff (though he's not as strongly associated with Glee) is also doing fine for himself.

by Anonymousreply 59March 6, 2017 4:47 AM

Ashley Fink was meant to be a bit player and was brought back as a potential mate for Puck during very stressful contract negotiations to punish Mark Salling and push him out of the show.

Diana Agron got it worse, however. Ryan Murphy wanted her out, and Quinn became homeless, a punk, a baby snatcher, a paraplegic, and a fake-lesbian, until she finally stopped showing up altogether. Ryan Murphy NEVER wanted Agron. Agron had auditioned and been turned down originally. She was hired literally the night before the pilot was to start shooting because they had no one else.

While it's true that Chris Colfer was jealous of Darren Criss, it's not true that Darren Criss was a team player. That kid is a climber who surrounds himself with climbers. There was one early publicity shoot that was supposed to have all the "teen" cast members more or less in a lineup, shoulder to shoulder. This was shortly after Darren had joined the cast. Darren Criss specifically went out of his way to take up as much of the frame and pull as much of the focus as possible. Very "fuck the ensemble, look at ME." It was so bad that the management of other cast members went to production at Fox to complain. But Darren was untouchable...he had apparently already earned many favors among the producers.

Speaking of climbers, Naya Rivera has a terrible mean streak, but you really have to earn it. Just ask the paint on Mark Salling's Lexus.

Adam Shankman directed one of the worst episodes in the show's history, but it wasn't just because he has mediocre directorial skills. It's also because the cast brought mediocre performances after all the parting and party favors he supplied them.

by Anonymousreply 60March 6, 2017 4:57 AM

[quote]Grant Gustin is the clear winner in terms of having a stable acting career as the lead...

I agree. Totally forgot about him and being the lead of The Flash. I guess I associate him more with The Flash than his guest role on Glee.

by Anonymousreply 61March 6, 2017 4:58 AM

Amber Riley isn't doing too bad. She did THE WIZ LIVE. Now DREAMGIRLS original london cast. And doing a good job.

by Anonymousreply 62March 6, 2017 1:03 PM

[quote]Diana Agron got it worse, however. Ryan Murphy wanted her out, and Quinn became homeless, a punk, a baby snatcher, a paraplegic, and a fake-lesbian, until she finally stopped showing up altogether.

You forgot in the beginning she was a "born again Christian, member of the virgin club." When that scenario didn't work, they knocked her up with Puck/Finn's baby. I think the pregnancy was the first time they tried to "off" her character.

by Anonymousreply 63March 6, 2017 2:44 PM

What happened to the black male dancer in Season 1? He was sort of background and they really didn't give him an official character, but he was a member of the core group. Did they just not know what to do with him or did he piss someone off?

by Anonymousreply 64March 6, 2017 2:45 PM

I have never watched one single episode of this show, but I have to admit that this thread is fascinating. Talk about a toxic workplace.

by Anonymousreply 65March 6, 2017 2:56 PM

Leah Michelle is a cunt and I wish she would die.

by Anonymousreply 66March 6, 2017 3:09 PM

Naya r66, it's a bit early for you to be out of bed. It's what, 8:15 am in California?

by Anonymousreply 67March 6, 2017 3:15 PM

Did Murphy originally want to turn Rachel/Kurt In NYC into a separate series?

Things got really stupid everytime they were in NYC. Remember when Rachel & Kurt broke into the Gershwin theater to see where Wicked was performed? And they weren't arrested?

And Kurt begging to get into the NY Performing Arts school, but he was too untalented to get in. And yet Rachel pulls him along and they get that big ass apartment with zero references and no money?

And Whoopi Goldberg as the head of a prestigious arts school? Bwhahaha. Oh my sides.

by Anonymousreply 68March 6, 2017 3:19 PM

Feud Season 2 : Murphy vs Agron.

by Anonymousreply 69March 6, 2017 3:25 PM

R68 hahahaha. So true. It was such a ridiculous show. So unrealistic and the same thing just kept happening over and over.

by Anonymousreply 70March 6, 2017 3:25 PM

[quote]While it's true that Chris Colfer was jealous of Darren Criss, it's not true that Darren Criss was a team player. That kid is a climber who surrounds himself with climbers.

This is was obvious if you are paying attention IMO. Underneath that nice guy act was a guy who was hungry for stardom.

[quote]But Darren was untouchable...he had apparently already earned many favors among the producers.

The "Glee" Superbowl ep was a few episodes after Darren had his debut, and already then it was decided they wanted Darren Criss in the Superbowl and reworked the episode at the last minute to include him and give him a performance.

Darren Criss was given a series regular contract after Season 2, Chord Overstreet was not. That ruffled lots of feathers and Chord originally left the show until he realized he needed "Glee" and came crawling back.

by Anonymousreply 71March 6, 2017 3:33 PM

Isn't Darren Criss "teenage dream" the fastest and best selling song from the series? If not now, it was then. He became very popular quickly. The audience loved him right away. That would explain his swift contract and perks.

by Anonymousreply 72March 6, 2017 3:38 PM

Quinn was basically date raped by Puck in the first place. He got her drunk and then had sex with her. It didn't seem 100% consensual to me. Then they ended up together at the end of the show. Fucking ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 73March 6, 2017 3:43 PM

[quote] was a guy who was hungry for stardom.

Show me any actor who isn't?

by Anonymousreply 74March 6, 2017 3:43 PM

I'm definitely not hungry for stardom. At least that'll be my line until I decide to star in some comic book movie franchise.

by Anonymousreply 75March 6, 2017 3:49 PM

[quote]Did Murphy originally want to turn Rachel/Kurt In NYC into a separate series?

With Finn, yes. Ryan Murphy actually openly blamed them for ruining that idea

[quote]I said two things in an interview: I said, yes, they are graduating and they will not be back on the show for Season Four. And when I did that interview, what was happening was we were asked to investigate doing a spin-off and it was a spin-off specifically for three of them, Chris, Cory and Lea. In March, Brad Falchuk and I started talking to all three of those actors about it because you can’t make people do spin-offs. So, we went to them and asked, ‘What do you think about this? Are you interested? If you are interested, what would you want your character to do? Where do you think we should shoot it?’ So, it was a discussion with all three of those actors about it. At the time, all three of them expressed interest. ‘Yeah, that sounds good. It’s good to graduate. It’s good to grow the characters. It’s good to not have to sit in that choir room. It’s good to sort of expand and continue the evolution of these people.’ They were involved in the process for 3 to 4 months to the point where we were even talking about cities and relocations and we called Juilliard and what would that mean and how would we do it. So, for any of those actors to say, ‘I found out that I was fired off the show from Twitter,’ is absolutely 100% not true. None of them were fired. It was never about that. We were going to do a spin-off where the three of them were going to go on. They all knew what was happening, they all had approved it, they all said they wanted to do it. Some of them had different caveats. Some of them, to be honest, were not thrilled about moving to a different city. Some had families here and some had families elsewhere. I feel sensitive about that. So then what happened was it blew up and a lot of articles were written about it. Some people were writing they’re not on the show so that means they must be fired. Well, no. That was 100% incorrect.

[quote]Weiner: How did it get so wrong? Murphy: I think that some of those actors’ representatives spun it in a certain way, to be quite honest, I don’t understand. We weren’t allowed to talk about a spin-off. It was too premature. We didn’t want to do it then. The idea was to do it this fall when Glee gets back on the air. Then, to pick up and read the actors saying, “We found out we were fired from Twitter.” All of us, the studio, the network, were like, ‘OK, that isn’t exactly cool,’ because we involved all three of them in that decision. So then what happened is that we decided, ‘OK, let’s not do it.’ So that’s where we are today.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76March 6, 2017 3:52 PM

Isn't Lea's family in NYC? It doesn't seem like she would be the problem.

by Anonymousreply 77March 6, 2017 4:02 PM

She was trying to avoid them

by Anonymousreply 78March 6, 2017 4:04 PM

Ryan Murphy was referring to Chris Colfer there, who said exactly that.

One of the many, many fights they had

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79March 6, 2017 4:06 PM

Oh yes, r47! If only he'd stop singing "unchusual."

by Anonymousreply 80March 6, 2017 4:07 PM

It peaked with the AcaFellas

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81March 6, 2017 4:12 PM

I question Murphy's side of the story how it all went down with the spin-off that never happened. What show pulls actors aside and asks them what they think about a potential spin off and what they want their characters to do on said spin-off? And then scraps the whole thing because they are butthurt about one, or several actors, pretendng to be as shocked as the audience for leaving the show?

I imagine Chris Colfer made a more or less innocent joke about finding out on Twitter that he's fired in order to keep the spin-off a suprise like Kit Harington went along with the ruse that his character will not return in Game of Thrones between season 5 and 6 (which was probably the worst kept secret and everybody pretty much expected his character to be back).

I rather think Murphy was over Glee and was annoyed that FOX demanded the spin-off from him and he pulled off some scheme to not make it happen she he had the time for a totally new project.

by Anonymousreply 82March 6, 2017 4:42 PM

... to not make it happen SO he had the time for a totally new poject.

by Anonymousreply 83March 6, 2017 4:43 PM

I liked the Teenage Dream and Rocky Horror episodes and Kurt's scenes with his father. The rest of the show is completely forgettable. I had long given up on it by the end so don't even know how they killed off Finn.

If the E channel would resume producing the E! True Hollywood show instead of 24/7 Kardashians, they could get multiple episodes out of Glee.

by Anonymousreply 84March 6, 2017 4:45 PM

Does anyone really think that Ryan Murphy wanted to mount a Broadway production of Funny Girl with Lea or was that just a plotline to generate excitement for the tv show?

by Anonymousreply 85March 6, 2017 4:52 PM

Never heard that Kevin McHale (wheelchair boy) was a diva. I had heard that he was one of the few cast members who got along with most of the others, unlike Lea and Chris.

by Anonymousreply 86March 6, 2017 5:23 PM

Murphy has been on a mea culpa tour around various podcasts. Elsewhere he said:

[quote]When I look at Glee, which started as being a tremendously joyous experience and ended up being horrible … The mistake I had from that show was I sort of lost myself in it. I became more interested in “let’s do bigger and bolder, and let’s get more guest stars, and that was wrong. That show was created from a small red-state “I’m gonna be somebody”. But what happens is when you have a cast of nobodies that suddenly in a week are on the cover of every major magazine in the world and getting involved in sex scandals and drug scandals, we all went off the rails on that show. At the end of that show I vowed I’d never do that again, and I feel it didn’t happen with American Horror Story, I didn’t go out to dinner every night with my cast, I wasn’t socializing with them a lot. What I’ve learned is that if something works it’s because people have tapped into it emotionally, and I ruined that, that was on me. ….. I was losing the plot so to speak, I was relying too much on theatricality and outlandishness and tricks. People like you when you’re real, I learned that lesson when I started working on The Normal Heart, when I did O.J. I’m interested in becoming a much more simpler, truthful storyteller.”

And:

[quote]“I have a lot of regrets. I wish I had the bandwidth then that I have now to have approached it differently. One of the things I really struggled with on Glee was, I really became very good friends with that cast at a very young age for me [lol, really?] and for them. We were all starting together and I was like, let’s put on a show, can you believe they’re giving us the money to make this? When you go from making a show in a bubble and then three months later every kid is on a cover of a magazine, and suddenly there’s a little bit of elbowing each other. I wish I didn’t take it personally and say, Then you are not my friend any more and blah blah. I did not act well at the time, and it wasn’t until I had a child when I realized the way to be a showrunner and to work with creative people in many ways is to be a parent. You have to draw a line and be a father figure and let your people know that you love them unconditionally and they have a safe space. I wish I could go back in time and treat people a little easier, a little kinder, with a little bit more generosity of spirit. Now when I do TV shows, I don’t take anything personally and I let everyone be an individual and try to be “you can piss me off, that’s fine” and not be like “I’m gonna take my ball and go home” – I used to be that kind of person. Parenting does soften you in some weird way. When I look at my four-year old – Oh my god, I used to act like that, I used to throw tantrums and I was 38."

by Anonymousreply 87March 7, 2017 3:02 AM

The article at R76 is one of the tantrums Murphy threw. He started this whole mess in his original interview with vague quotes about graduating Finn, Rachel and Kurt without suggesting they'll find another way to incorporate these 3 of their most popular characters. Reporters had no way of knowing about the spinoff talks, and were left to conclude and write that Glee is possibly letting go of their allegedly best lead actors. This happened right before the press day for Colfer as an Emmy nominee and his twitter blew up by fans that he'd been fired. At the same time, when reporters ambushed him with questions about being off the show and he couldn't mention the spinoff, he had very few options to handle this. Basically, he was thrown in for a loop by Murphy's earlier interview.

This could be one of the reasons why they fell off. This happened in the break after season 2, so still relatively early in the life of the show.

by Anonymousreply 88March 7, 2017 3:22 AM

Will anyone ever tell Murphy that he isn't talented?

by Anonymousreply 89March 7, 2017 3:24 AM

I guess I just did.

Because like Andy Cohen, I know for a fact Ryan visits DL. And like Andy he also starts threads about himself.

by Anonymousreply 90March 7, 2017 3:26 AM

Isn't Darren Criss "teenage dream" the fastest and best selling song from the series? If not now, it was then. He became very popular quickly. The audience loved him right away. That would explain his swift contract and perks.

No. It's either 3rd or 4th depending on publication.

Don't Stop Believing has always been the top one, with Forget You second.

Teenage Dream had a killer arrangement and vocals by the Tufts Beelzebubs, who did all Warblers songs. Much of its success is due to that. It also suited Criss very well, and was used in a pivotal scene about Kurt who was for a while rumored to be getting a love interest, so people were excited or at least intrigued.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91March 7, 2017 3:42 AM

^^ Forgot to format. This was in response to R72.

by Anonymousreply 92March 7, 2017 3:43 AM

Oh please, Ryan Murphy lost interest in Glee almost instantly. All that drivel of him caring about the cast too much is pure nonsense. His staff had to take on all the duties of running the show, because he was already on to his next project in his mind. And when something went wrong he was pissed that he had to personally get involved again.

by Anonymousreply 93March 7, 2017 4:59 AM

[quote]Oh please, Ryan Murphy lost interest in Glee almost instantly. All that drivel of him caring about the cast too much is pure nonsense. His staff had to take on all the duties of running the show, because he was already on to his next project in his mind

I agree. I don't remember if he had something else going on towards the end of "Popular" but it got a bit dark, too dramatic and it was soon over. "Nip/Tuck" suffered in its sophomore year then towards the end he moved on to "Glee" and took some of the creatives and most of the behind the scenes people leaving the cast feeling abandoned. "The New Normal" was killed before he could get bored with that.

by Anonymousreply 94March 7, 2017 5:04 AM

Murphy is his own worst enemy. His entire career has been starting a project, then getting bored and moving on to something new and letting the previous project flail until its death.

by Anonymousreply 95March 7, 2017 5:16 AM

[quote]Feud Season 2 : Murphy vs Agron

She married money so she don't care.

Here's what she said about her hiring:

[quote]Agron also told Nylon that "Glee" producers almost scrapped her character before the show aired, adding that the cast director asked her to change her look after seeing her audition. "I went in and read, and they called me back two days later, and he told me to come back and straighten my hair, and wear something sexy," she said. "I was like, 'First of all, what is ... 'sexy?' I went to like, a CVS, and bought a straightener and straightened it at Starbucks."

by Anonymousreply 96March 7, 2017 5:27 AM

R96 Diana sure married an ugly troll. Wasn't she dating hottie Christian Cooke for a while?

by Anonymousreply 97March 7, 2017 5:35 AM

I thought Agron was a lesbian? There certainly are a huge number of videos of her out there openly flirting with women. There was also that whole debacle with her "likes girls" shirt from the tour.

by Anonymousreply 98March 7, 2017 5:45 AM

It sure seemed as though Agron and Lea were involved early on in the run and then had a nasty breakup. And then it sure seemed like Agron was fucking Taylor Swift...and then had a nasty breakup. The thing she had going with the british fucktoy asshole who tanked his own career seemed like a pr dance except for the rumor about him knocking her up and how she was supposedly given the option of quitting the show or aborting. Did she marry the mumford mandolin money?

by Anonymousreply 99March 7, 2017 6:31 AM

How did Christian Cooke "tank his own career," r99?

by Anonymousreply 100March 7, 2017 11:55 AM

How did it seem so, R99? They were roommates at the beginning of the show. Then bought their own houses, the end.

by Anonymousreply 101March 7, 2017 1:08 PM

[quote]Agron also told Nylon that "Glee" producers almost scrapped her character before the show aired

How is that possible? Her character was pretty integral to the entire first season.

by Anonymousreply 102March 7, 2017 1:32 PM

The writers didn't seem to know what to do with Quinn after she gave birth. Dianna Agron married the very ugly Winston Marshall of Mumford & Sons. The Internet says that his net worth is less than $2 million. Dianna's net worth is said to be about $4.5 million.

by Anonymousreply 103March 7, 2017 2:58 PM

R102, there were a lot of things they didn't have in the initial script Murphy et al. pitched to Fox.

First and foremost, Sue Sylvester was not in the original script. It was Fox's guy who told Murphy he needs a villain.

Second, they didn't have Kurt or a gay kid at all. Murphy later said something to the effect, what were we thinking, a show choir without gays. Colfer's audition (he auditioned for wheelchair kid) gave them the idea and they reworked another rudimentary character, an Indian kid, into a white gay kid.

Heather Morris was initially brought in to teach the Single Ladies dance, not to be a full fledged character.

by Anonymousreply 104March 7, 2017 2:58 PM

[quote]The Internet says that his net worth is less than $2 million.

His family has money.

by Anonymousreply 105March 7, 2017 2:59 PM

His father owns a hedge fund. I wonder if Ms. Agron was made to sign a prenup.

by Anonymousreply 106March 7, 2017 3:03 PM

[quote] why is Darren Criss pronouncing it as "It's not UnJewsual..." ?

As a tribute to Lea Michele.

by Anonymousreply 107March 7, 2017 3:06 PM

Dianna Agron probably met her now husband through her friend Carrie Mulligan (married Mumford's singer).

by Anonymousreply 108March 7, 2017 3:08 PM

That may be R104 however, those aren't major things. Quinn was a major character involved in two story lines that were the catalysts of season one. I just find it hard to believe that those particular story lines weren't flushed out prior to filming, bot who knows?

by Anonymousreply 109March 7, 2017 3:43 PM

[quote]however, those aren't major things

Sue Sylvester IS a major thing, R109. Quinn wasn't a lead character. Those were Finn and Rachel.

by Anonymousreply 110March 7, 2017 3:47 PM

Quinn was a major character that was a catalyst for two major story lines in Season One. She wasn't a minor character.

by Anonymousreply 111March 7, 2017 3:49 PM

Agron's husband's father is reported to be worth $669.77 million so I don't think they're hurting for money.

by Anonymousreply 112March 7, 2017 3:51 PM

R111, understand the difference between lead characters and catalysts. Quinn may be a catalyst in the first two seasons, fine. Something happened between Murphy and Agron, and he phased her out.

But much as they reworked the Indian character into a white gay kid, they could've reworked Quinn into another type of catalyst character - or not at all - which would've changed the storyline into something else from the very start. You're backtracking from what ended up on screen to extrapolate into what must've been the plan all along. Obviously a lot of things were changed while they were working on the script and the network was mulling decisions. Nothing really exceptional about it, that's how things work in development.

by Anonymousreply 113March 7, 2017 3:54 PM

Quinn was barely a character in the pilot, she had maybe one line.

by Anonymousreply 114March 7, 2017 3:56 PM

R113 understand the difference between lead character and major character.

And further, I didn't say that they weren't going to write her out, I said I found it hard to believe that they didn't flesh those story lines out prior to, not that they didn't.

by Anonymousreply 115March 7, 2017 3:59 PM

[quote]Heather Morris was initially brought in to teach the Single Ladies dance, not to be a full fledged character.

And now she's going on as an "amateur" on "Dancing With the Stars." What a joke.

by Anonymousreply 116March 7, 2017 4:00 PM

Off subject, when did they change that rule on DWTS. I don't watch but wasn't the initial thing that they wouldn't have any one on that had prior dance training at all? Like not even dance lessons?

by Anonymousreply 117March 7, 2017 4:01 PM

Which stories, R115? The first 13 episodes were written in a bubble, once they had the actors and the characters set. Not before. Before they only had the pilot pitch which as they said went through a lot of revisions, resulting in the final pilot.

The rest of the show after the first 13 episodes was written concurrently with shooting, as network TV is usually done. So only the first 13 were fleshed out "prior to", and that's prior to airing on TV.

by Anonymousreply 118March 7, 2017 4:04 PM

Wait, back up. Ryan Murphy, a gay man, came up with Glee, and wasn't going to have a gay kid as a character?

by Anonymousreply 119March 7, 2017 4:10 PM

Ryan himself didn't come up with the show, that was someone else who pitched it to Ryan Murphy, who then became co-producer, and then the original guy was pushed out early on. And yeah, apparently, in the early drafts there was no gay character. That was one of the things Ryan came up with on the fly, apparently (when Chris Colfer auditioned).

by Anonymousreply 120March 7, 2017 4:17 PM

Didn't Dianna Agron date Alex Pettywhater, the UK actor? I remember there were a lot of blind items about what an asshole he was to her. Seems she has a thing for English men.

by Anonymousreply 121March 7, 2017 4:29 PM

R120, Ian Brennan wasn't pushed out. He was the one with the original idea, as a movie script he gave Murphy. Then it was reworked as a TV script for Murphy's production company, with Murphy, Falchuk and Brennan as executive producers. Brennan remained EP on Glee till the end. Then he became EP on Murphy's Scream Queens, so no, he wasn't "pushed out".

by Anonymousreply 122March 7, 2017 4:36 PM

R121 I thought the rumor was that he beat her.

by Anonymousreply 123March 7, 2017 4:36 PM

Agron dated a lot of people, including Sebastian Stan.

by Anonymousreply 124March 7, 2017 4:38 PM

There was a rumor that Pettyfer knocked her up and her management team told her to abort it for her career.

by Anonymousreply 125March 7, 2017 6:43 PM

Heather dancing backup for Beyonce

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 126March 7, 2017 7:23 PM

[quote]I had heard that he was one of the few cast members who got along with most of the others, unlike Lea and Chris.

Blind Gossip said one day that Colfer and Criss were a secret couple, and the next day that they hated each other. All this was fed by competing fan cliques. There was a BI that Lea Michele and Colfer wanted to get Criss fired, which item had the fingerprints of Criss fangurls all over it. By then, everybody and their cat knew that Criss was untouchable, and that Colfer had other things to do with his time (like write his money machine of kids books) than wage a losing war. Lots of people have mentioned that he hung out on set with the crew and make-up people, not the execs.

Criss is one of the biggest attention-whores in the cast but was pretty strategic in cultivating a team-player image. Always went out of his way to tell the media that he's "just a mercenary" and happy to do what he's told. But every now and then he'll let a "Look at ME" moment of truth slip.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 127March 7, 2017 7:27 PM

R127 Lea's face in the last pic says it all. That clenched smile lol.

by Anonymousreply 128March 7, 2017 7:33 PM

I wonder if the Irish kid Damian was cut because he wouldn't put out?

by Anonymousreply 129March 7, 2017 7:43 PM

Did you watch the episodes with Damian? He brought nothing to the show, and he liked to sing these boring old-school ballads that didn't really work for "Glee".

Same with that dreadlock guy, brought nothing to the show.

by Anonymousreply 130March 7, 2017 7:47 PM

[quote]Speaking of climbers, Naya Rivera has a terrible mean streak, but you really have to earn it. Just ask the paint on Mark Salling's Lexus.

The part about the car is a bit different in her book, but the gist is correct.

[quote]The former “Glee” co-stars had their first date in 2009, and it didn’t bode well for their relationship: Rivera claims that Salling, 34, got stoned in his “complete piece of s–t car” and took her to In-N-Out Burger, then to Fright Fest at Six Flags, where he took a slew of pictures with performers at the park … and none with her. Still, their showmance blossomed into a full-blown relationship. A month later, Rivera says that Salling convinced her to try ecstasy with him. The couple went on to date for three years, during which Salling told Rivera that his publicist urged him to pretend not to have a girlfriend to preserve his heartthrob image. Rivera agreed to it, but notes, “I had a feeling his pretending to be single had less to do with his publicist and more to do with his d–k.” Her suspicions were confirmed when her castmates informed her Salling cheated on her. She called her best friend, Madison, and the pair trashed his car with dog food, Coca-Cola, eggs and birdseed … but they didn’t split for good until Salling dumped her a while later. “For a while, there was drama on set, because we hated each other and I didn’t even want him looking at me,” she admitted. “Any time a new person was added to the show, it was like fresh meat being dropped into a piranha tank.” After her split from Salling, she rebounded with co-star Chord Overstreet briefly, after which she promptly got over Salling and learned her lessons. Still, that doesn’t mean she’d be happy to go through the drama again. “I think everyone should have that one relationship where you look back and ask yourself, ‘What the hell was I thinking?’ You’ll learn something and you won’t regret it,” she wrote. “Unless, of course, that relationship was with someone who had a sizable stash of child porn on his computer. Then, by all means, regret everything.”

She also dated one of the Glee writers for a while, and had an ugly breakup with rapper Big Sean. Then married a nobody actor, with whom she had a brief relationship before (and had an abortion for an oops pregnancy - it's in her book), had a kid, and is now divorcing him. She sounds like a handful too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 131March 7, 2017 7:49 PM

Didn't Naya claim that she broke up her engagement to Big Sean because she walked in on him fucking Arianna? And then she had to sing one of Arianna's songs on the show?

by Anonymousreply 132March 7, 2017 8:00 PM

In the book, she says more like hanging out at his house. But yes, she disses Big Sean too.

by Anonymousreply 133March 7, 2017 8:24 PM

R131 Naya is divorcing? Already? She was all trying to cultivate a model celeb wife and mother image for the past few years since Glee. She might as well become a lesbian since she has so little luck with men.

by Anonymousreply 134March 7, 2017 9:03 PM

Naya sounds like cheap Christmas trash. Jesus, bitch. You so ghetto.

by Anonymousreply 135March 7, 2017 9:09 PM

R135 Ghetto trying to be posh always end up failing. A posh life is just too boring for them anyway.

by Anonymousreply 136March 7, 2017 9:12 PM

Wait, why does she have a memoir? And who published it??

by Anonymousreply 137March 7, 2017 9:23 PM

Ryan Murphy tried reliving his high school days through the Glee cast. This could only lead to disappointment.

by Anonymousreply 138March 7, 2017 9:57 PM

Yea those glee project kids were such a waste of new characters. Of all people to bring on board and they pick that irish guy and dread head. I agree, they brought absolutely NOTHING to the show. I would forget they were even on the show and then they would show up and make me annoyed again. I kept asking, why are they here?

by Anonymousreply 139March 8, 2017 12:03 AM

R136 unfortunately i think you might be correct. I am from the ghetto and currently living the posh life with my boyfriend. I don't have to work. Everything paid for. Trips around the world. Family. Peace. Stability. I don't even have to fuck. Never had this before. Been so used to fighting and hustling. But i could die from boredom.

by Anonymousreply 140March 8, 2017 12:09 AM

I was watching the "I Kissed a Girl" ep. and during the song Agron puts her arm around Lea very dominantly, I guess she was the butch in that relationship.

by Anonymousreply 141March 8, 2017 1:32 AM

Was Lea a happy beard? Didn't she tell some story that she fucked Matthew Morrison pre-Glee?

by Anonymousreply 142March 8, 2017 1:34 AM

Yeah she did r142, which freaked out some of the fangurls of Glee as they can only see them as their characters.

by Anonymousreply 143March 8, 2017 1:36 AM

R143 I'm more freaked out that any of them believe he's ever been with a woman.

by Anonymousreply 144March 8, 2017 1:39 AM

R144 Lea is a big fag hag. She will sleep with any gay/undecided boys/men as her sacred duty.

by Anonymousreply 145March 8, 2017 1:42 AM

Good gawd, this thread is full of Glee Fan Gurls.

by Anonymousreply 146March 8, 2017 1:49 AM

Sleep with, R145? Or just make up stories for a check?

by Anonymousreply 147March 8, 2017 1:49 AM

Best episodes were from Season 1. Bohemian Rhapsody is one of the best performances to come from the show. I enjoyed Groff as Jesse St. James. Still don't get how Groff and Michele are friends. He's too nice for her.

by Anonymousreply 148March 8, 2017 1:54 AM

[quote]I'll have you know I am a featured star of ABC's fabulous new miniseries, "When We Rise," [R11]!

I'm so sorry, that's not what we actually meant.

by Anonymousreply 149March 8, 2017 2:00 AM

Geoff and Michelle both starred together in the broadway show "Spring Awakenings", before Glee.

by Anonymousreply 150March 8, 2017 2:03 AM

Jenna Uskhowitz was in Spring Awakenings with them. Are she and Lea close?

by Anonymousreply 151March 8, 2017 2:06 AM

The worst was when Kurt did "Rose's Turn." Just awful.

by Anonymousreply 152March 8, 2017 2:23 AM

Kurt is almost always crying in the first two seasons.

by Anonymousreply 153March 8, 2017 2:26 AM

Glee was an original refreshing show. I was glued to it in its first season. Thanks Ryan if you're on DL. Good job.

by Anonymousreply 154March 8, 2017 2:29 AM

Does Kurt have his baby teeth?

by Anonymousreply 155March 8, 2017 2:29 AM

R45 He's sold over 2 Million of the first four Land of Stories books in the states, they've been translated into over twenty different languages and last month he released his eleventh book. I think he's doing ok that he doesn't need to be jealous of Darren.

by Anonymousreply 156March 8, 2017 2:41 AM

[R156] I don't think money is the issue for both of them, but no matter how much money Colfer got he'll never be on Broadway and that's eating him every day and that's why he's so jealous of Darren. Also his future in Hollywood is not so bright if he even has any.

by Anonymousreply 157March 8, 2017 2:52 AM

R157 LOL

by Anonymousreply 158March 8, 2017 2:56 AM

Darren Criss was the Don Draper for the teenage set.

by Anonymousreply 159March 8, 2017 2:56 AM

R157 I don't blame Colfer for being jealous, so many Broadway roles to be jealous of. I can never pick between 2 week replacement in How To Succeed or 3 month replacement in Hedwig. With what his Hedwig run grossed, no wonder he had to run back on to Ryan Murphy's dick for a part.

by Anonymousreply 160March 8, 2017 3:14 AM

Remember when they did the Rocky Horror episode and changed the lyrics "Sweet Transvestite"? "I'm just a Sweet Transvestite from Sensational, Transylvania..." I think they also cut the line "No matter gay, straight, or bi, Lesbian, transgendered life" from the Laday Gaga / "Born This Way" number in another episode, but that might have due to time restraints.

by Anonymousreply 161March 8, 2017 3:21 AM

One of the best performances on GLEE IMO. Amber slays the fuck out of this song. Suck it Lea!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 162March 8, 2017 3:32 AM

As of this week, that's Amber Riley Olivier Award nominee, R162.

by Anonymousreply 163March 8, 2017 3:35 AM

But this was the best performance on Glee!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 164March 8, 2017 3:36 AM

R163

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 165March 8, 2017 3:41 AM

This is descending into another fangurl thread.

Back to Murphy. He said he banned sex in the cast trailers. Was he mad at Naya Rivera because he had the hots for her Lothario?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 166March 8, 2017 3:50 AM

Maybe Ryan should have just left it at:

[quote]Ryan Murphy says "Glee" was a shit-storm

by Anonymousreply 167March 8, 2017 3:52 AM

R160 Hello Ms Colfer! Nice to see you here. Still waiting for that original Broadway role? Hahaha I'll watch you on youtube bitch!

by Anonymousreply 168March 8, 2017 4:14 AM

R168 Are you really still mad Chris didn’t see Hedwig lol?

by Anonymousreply 169March 8, 2017 6:00 AM

I had no idea that Amber Riley is nominated for an Olivier. Is she expected to win?

by Anonymousreply 170March 8, 2017 6:22 AM

Almost everyone who plays that role wins something.

by Anonymousreply 171March 8, 2017 8:38 AM

R171 yup. R170 i think she will win. They are loving her over there in that show right now and she's doing a great job. Flawless vocals.

by Anonymousreply 172March 8, 2017 12:23 PM

The Guardian claims that Sheridan Smith will win.

by Anonymousreply 173March 9, 2017 3:49 AM

Go Amber! 👍🏾😃

by Anonymousreply 174March 9, 2017 4:24 AM

It's fitting that Grant Gustin was the most successful of the Glee stars afterwards. He seems the most normal and down to earth. And you never hear about him getting in any trouble.

So which of male stars were supposedly secretly gay?

by Anonymousreply 175March 9, 2017 5:11 AM

Wasn't Chris Colfer secretly gay?

by Anonymousreply 176March 10, 2017 8:10 PM

R176 No, Chris Colfer is secretly straight!

by Anonymousreply 177March 10, 2017 9:02 PM

I always thought Glee's last season should have been "American Horror Story: Glee", and Ryan Murphy systematically kills off all the cast members in very grisly fashion.

by Anonymousreply 178March 10, 2017 9:11 PM

R178 Too soon after Cory's death, I guess.

by Anonymousreply 179March 10, 2017 9:13 PM

[quote] It's fitting that Grant Gustin was the most successful of the Glee stars afterwards. He seems the most normal and down to earth. And you never hear about him getting in any trouble.

It's because he was brought up in a loving and accepting family. In the Theater community.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 180March 10, 2017 9:50 PM

Although I didn't get past episode three of the series, I think that I enjoyed this thread more than I would have the show (if I had been a regular viewer).

by Anonymousreply 181March 10, 2017 11:50 PM

I stopped watching GLEE after, like, the second or third episode. The one where Matthew Morrison's character is told (falsely) by his wife that she's pregnant, so he quits his teaching job WITHOUT HAVING ANOTHER JOB LINED UP because he wants to find one with -- wait for it -- "better benefits." Total idiocy.

by Anonymousreply 182March 11, 2017 12:03 AM

That show was shiteous after midway through season 2.

by Anonymousreply 183March 11, 2017 12:09 AM

I only started watching in season 2 when Chord came on... The original boys were kind of meh. Chord, Darren, Grant, Blake and Jacob were all nice eye candies through the years that kept me watching.

by Anonymousreply 184March 11, 2017 12:35 AM

Don't forget Harry, r184.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 185March 11, 2017 1:51 AM

Brad Falchuk, Ryan's writing and producing partner is hot as fuck. He must have a big cock because Miss Goop is a size queen! Maybe she'll turn him gay!

by Anonymousreply 186March 11, 2017 2:13 AM

R185 Harry had barely anything to do even when he was there. Hated seeing him with Tina since they had zero chemistry. So glad he actual found a starring role now at Shadowhunters.

by Anonymousreply 187March 11, 2017 3:36 AM

What was the deal with Agron and Michele? Did they fuck or is that a fan girl rumor? Lea Michele seems like such a cunt, the crew must have hated her on set. I always wondered what the deal with her and Cory Monteith'a relationship was.

by Anonymousreply 188March 11, 2017 4:48 AM

R188 the deal on their relationship (Lea's and Cory's) was that it was fake.

The relationship Lea has ever been in has been with herself.

by Anonymousreply 189March 11, 2017 4:50 AM

Agron's brother is hot as fuck.

by Anonymousreply 190March 11, 2017 4:51 AM

[quote] What was the deal with Agron and Michele? Did they fuck or is that a fan girl rumor? Lea Michele seems like such a cunt, the crew must have hated her on set. I always wondered what the deal with her and Cory Monteith'a relationship was.

Many people have said that the Agron and Michele rumors were true and it was fuck buddies situation that went south. There were bisesxual rumors about Michele going back to her Broadway days.

Agron is also bisexual and her PR team was always working to cover it up. One incident involved a young woman who tweeted a picture of her and Agron in an embrace with a caption about how they had a night in Paris. The young woman's tweet was to Agron and it was deleted quickly along with the young woman's twitter account.

by Anonymousreply 191March 11, 2017 5:15 AM

Lea Michele's mother is Italian Catholic and her father is Jewish. The Jews do not accept her as being Jewish because her mother isn't. She always talks about her Italian family in NY so she does not consider herself a Jew. Also weht Jenna Ushkowitz, the adopted Korean woman with the Jewish name? She was brought up Catholic as well.

by Anonymousreply 192March 11, 2017 5:50 AM

R192 Jenna is (or was just) on Broadway doing Waitress.

by Anonymousreply 193March 11, 2017 6:07 AM

The best performance on Glee was this, by far. "Love Child", delivered during Christmas, by a trans character playing Mary, giving birth to a black baby Jesus in a sequin diaper, Lion King-style, in staging deliberately meant to provoke the outspoken Christian in the room. I can only imagine it wasn't a one of our Great American Controversies because no one was still watching the show at this point.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 194March 11, 2017 6:26 AM

I know that the disabled organizations were pissed off because Kevin McHale, who could really walk, got the wheelchair role. They believe they were dissed because a real disabled person was not cast.

by Anonymousreply 195March 11, 2017 8:53 AM

[quote]Off subject, when did they change that rule on DWTS. I don't watch but wasn't the initial thing that they wouldn't have any one on that had prior dance training at all? Like not even dance lessons?

I don't think they ever had a rule against having contestants with prior dance training. There have been past contestants with prior dancing training like Nicole Scherzinger, JenniferGrey, Lance Bass and Meryl Davis, the Olympic ice dancer. I recall with Lance Bass's season, he kept saying that he was worst dancer in NSYNC. Heather Morris will probably try to downplay her past for the DWTS cameras or she will say that she hasn't danced in years because of her kids.

by Anonymousreply 196March 11, 2017 12:57 PM

R195 haven't they heard of a little something called ACTING?

Is that why they brought in that Down's Syndrome girl as Sue's minion?

by Anonymousreply 197July 22, 2017 6:14 PM

R68 don't forget, they treated NYC as if it were just a town over from Lima, OH. Rachel and Kurt were constantly going back home for the weekend or during the week overnight but be back for school the next day. It was ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 198July 22, 2017 6:20 PM

R73 not ridiculous to me!

by Anonymousreply 199July 22, 2017 6:22 PM

[quote]I always thought Glee's last season should have been "American Horror Story: Glee", and Ryan Murphy systematically kills off all the cast members in very grisly fashion.

Perhaps that last episode of AHS: FREAK SHOW, where Dandy was going around shooting down the freaks, one by one, was meant to be cathartic for him.

by Anonymousreply 200July 22, 2017 6:29 PM

[quote] Remember when they did the Rocky Horror episode and changed the lyrics "Sweet Transvestite"? "I'm just a Sweet Transvestite from Sensational, Transylvania..."

Even worse, it was "SIN-sational, Transylvania."

by Anonymousreply 201July 22, 2017 6:30 PM

One of the problems with the show was that a lot of the leads were never going to be famous on the screen anyway. Lea Michele and Chris Colfer can sing well, but they both have faces for the stage (i.e. to be seen at a great distance), and neither of them can act that well. Naya Rivera is pretty, but she can't act at all. By behavinglike hysterical divas, those three basically killed their chances of getting good work after the show was done: it's one thing to work with a mess like Russell Crowe or Christian bale, who are divas but are genuine above-the-title movie stars, but who wants to work with extremely unstable teenagers who can sing well but aren;t necesarily good actors and whom not that many people who don't watch the show even recognize?

It's not surprising at all to me that the ones who more or less survived with better careers are Darren Criss (who is handsome and genuine star power) and Grant Gustin (who is handsome and can act). I think of course Matthew Morrison and Jane Lynch also survived it well with their careers greatly burnished by the show, but they were adults going in to it and stayed away from most of the drama.

by Anonymousreply 202July 22, 2017 6:35 PM

R170 she won, as did her co-star, Adam J. Bernard, who played Early. Incidentally, I found it humorous that DREAMGIRLS also won for Best New Musical, until I discovered that it had never before been mounted on the West End. Still, it's bizarre to call a 36-year-old musical "new," especially when it already has had a movie version that's over ten years old now.

by Anonymousreply 203July 22, 2017 6:36 PM

I think Ryan better not. If you think he has or legal problems with Olivia de Havilland...

by Anonymousreply 204July 22, 2017 6:38 PM

R201 what was the point of changing it, in the first place? "Transexual" is not a bad word, is it? Doesn't that just refer to a transgender person who's already undergone a sex-change operation? Plus it ruins the alliteration (is that the right term?): Transexual, Transylvania, Transvestite. I would think 'transvestite' (i.e., cross-dresser) would be the more offensive term to the SJWs. But what do I know? I'm not easily offended.

by Anonymousreply 205July 22, 2017 6:45 PM

The first season reminded me very much of the movie, "Election" - the same slightly dark undertone and feel.

by Anonymousreply 206July 22, 2017 7:15 PM

Transsexuals do not like being spoken of in the same breath as transvestites. To be honest, they don't even like the term "transvestite."

They are really into policing language, as everyone knows.

by Anonymousreply 207July 22, 2017 7:23 PM

R206 yes! Rachel Berry was, more or less, a Tracy Flick knock-off, and surprisingly Lea Michele pulled it off. She deserved her Emmy nod that first season.

Actually, the first 13 episodes were the best and could've easily been truncated into an ELECTION-like black comedy. Not surprised to learn that a film was the original intent But the first half of the season was perfection, and I'm no using that term loosely. It was well-crafted and enjoyable.

.Then they went on hiatus. A long one. If I recall, the show didn't resume until April -- four months later! By then, the show had become a phenomenon, and the soundtrack for the first half of the season was a bestseller. It was during hiatus when they sold out and revamped the show to include more covers of current pop hits and fantasy singing. In fact, I don't remember much fantasy singing the first 13 episodes. Performing was usually relegated to just the choir room and glee competitions.

by Anonymousreply 208July 22, 2017 7:32 PM

[quote]And yet Rachel pulls him along and they get that big ass apartment with zero references and no money?

They went for a little realism by emphasizing that it was in Bushwick and that they could never afford to live in Manhattan.

[quote]The first season reminded me very much of the movie, "Election" - the same slightly dark undertone and feel.

Yep, at first it did have that dark comedy vibe. Then it quickly went to shit, coddled to the fangurls and became the show it was originally parodying.

by Anonymousreply 209July 22, 2017 7:33 PM

R186 Brad Pitt isn't well-endowed, and she was engaged to him.

by Anonymousreply 210July 22, 2017 7:44 PM

The pilot was very exciting with the aforementioned black comedy. But it died the minute they played out the entire Finn and Rachel relationship in one episode. Rachel pining for Finn could've been spread over a whole season and created a lot of interesting plots. Instead Murphy continued to blow the whole load in each episode. No patience in the writing. He himself says he was just interested in bigger guest stars and more over the top shtick.

You could also see glimmers of what a petulant mean girl Murphy could be on that reality show where kids competed for roles on Glee. It felt like a very cliquish set. I'm glad he's owning up to that now. After Chord returned from his "quitting" Ryan turned him into a male stripper so he'd have to show more skin which was something Chord had been uncomfortable with. It was repeated when the character then become an underwear model. Mean girl Murphy exacting revenge.

by Anonymousreply 211July 22, 2017 8:21 PM

Chord Overstreet threw a temper tantrum when he wasn't immediately made a series regular stormed off from the show, he learned some humility and is very grateful Ryan Murphy let him come back. He is one of the very few cast members who is still on good terms with Murphy.

by Anonymousreply 212July 22, 2017 8:26 PM

[quote]You could also see glimmers of what a petulant mean girl Murphy could be on that reality show where kids competed for roles on Glee. It felt like a very cliquish set.

Yeah, Murphy always came off to me as one of those bitchy, conniving, vengeful, diva-worshiping gays -- the type I despise, because they come with a big, bag of bullshit drama.

by Anonymousreply 213July 22, 2017 8:26 PM

Chord played at Hotel Cafe last month. Is he a musician now?

by Anonymousreply 214July 22, 2017 8:49 PM

R214 his father is country songwriter Paul Overstreet, so he and his siblings grew up playing instruments.

by Anonymousreply 215July 22, 2017 9:17 PM

R214 He sure thinks so. But his music is surprisingly moody but uninspired... which means it will only appeal to his existing fans, so I don't think his music career is gonna go far. I hope he goes back to acting when he's still good looking enough to get cast in something.

by Anonymousreply 216July 22, 2017 9:19 PM

I loved that other thread. Especially when Meredith came on and kept telling us she and her friends had to be right (and had to be found attractive) because they all achieved honors at their universities.

by Anonymousreply 217July 22, 2017 9:41 PM

I am shocked Glee lasted as long as it did. It was a one season (half season really) wonder that managed to stretch out way too long. I remember all the behind the scenes rumors and drama here on DL, it sounded a lot more entertaining on set than the actual show ever was.

by Anonymousreply 218July 22, 2017 11:09 PM

[quote]You could also see glimmers of what a petulant mean girl Murphy could be

Mark Salling found that out too. Murphy got mad at him, I think it was because Mark released his album without Miss Murphy's blessing, and so Murphy stuck him with the fat, ugly girl as a love interest.

by Anonymousreply 219July 22, 2017 11:41 PM

I always thought Diana was a gorgeous girl, especially when she cut her hair.

by Anonymousreply 220July 23, 2017 12:27 AM

I meet Darren Criss and Matthew Morrison a year ago, they are both absolutely gorgeous. I actually swooned when Matthew looked my way.

by Anonymousreply 221July 23, 2017 12:33 AM

R221 how did you meet them?

by Anonymousreply 222July 23, 2017 12:34 AM

Dianna Agron was/is gorgeous. She dared to challenge Ryan Murphy on her character's lack of dimension and she paid for it.

by Anonymousreply 223July 23, 2017 12:38 AM

Do you suppose that Murphy instinctively hated Dianna because she's so gorgeous?

by Anonymousreply 224July 23, 2017 12:47 AM

Spielberg handpicked Dianna for that movie that his friend was directing, I Am Number Four. Maybe that plus asking for actual character dev made Ryan think she was getting too big for her britches.

by Anonymousreply 225July 23, 2017 12:53 AM

Is she intentionally retired or blackballed?

by Anonymousreply 226July 23, 2017 1:06 AM

Ryan Murphy's best shows have been "Feud: Bette and Joan" and "American Crime Story: the People vs. OJ Simpson" because with both of those he has to keep to facts and keep trying to outdo himself with every episode. He gets bored very quickly with plot otherwise and will race through so many things in one episode of a show that it seems like he's hyperactive. This has always been the fault of "American Story" and was a crippling flaw with "Glee."

He's a very talented writer, but when he has no one to rein him in, he goes too crazy trying to outdo himself.

by Anonymousreply 227July 23, 2017 1:12 AM

Dianna has been doing indie movies, some more successful than others. She's in Novitiate with Melissa Leo, which has been getting awards buzz (for Leo) and will be released this Fall. She also married some dude from Mumford and Sons.

by Anonymousreply 228July 23, 2017 1:15 AM

Dianna also married into wealth. She'll be fine in the long run if she plays her cards right. She wasn't the first actor to clash with Murphy. Most of the Nip/Tuck cast hated him and I remember Dylan Walsh telling some reporter that he would never work with Murphy again.

by Anonymousreply 229July 23, 2017 1:17 AM

Ryan Murphy directed People vs OJ, but it wasn't his creation. The creators were Scott Alexander and Larry Karaszewski and Ryan Murphy was not given a single writing credit.

by Anonymousreply 230July 23, 2017 1:17 AM

R230 but wasn't the subtitle (or whatever the fuck it's called) "American Crime Story" Murphy's creation?

by Anonymousreply 231July 23, 2017 1:28 AM

She has a tat of one of Henry Darger's creepy little girls with penises being held at gun point by a man.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 232July 23, 2017 2:05 AM

Murphy wasn't the original creator of Glee. Ian Brennan originally wrote it as a screenplay and had been shopping it around studios for a few years. Another writer who was friends with Brennan pitched it to Murphy. Murphy then suggested that Brennan write it as a TV pilot. IIRC, Murphy changed some things around to the pilot tha Brennan wrote. There was a male Indian character that was dropped and replaced with the Kurt character.

by Anonymousreply 233July 23, 2017 2:11 AM

R233 someone upthread also mentioned that there wasn't originally a gay character... in a movie/show about a show choir. Was Brennan that dense?

by Anonymousreply 234July 23, 2017 2:25 AM

Chris Colfer's character got his name because he'd mentioned in his audition that he'd once played Kurt in a production of "The Sound of Music," and Murphy thought that he resembled one of those Hummel figurines. Hence, his name "Kurt Hummel."

by Anonymousreply 235July 23, 2017 2:32 AM

[quote]because with both of those he has to keep to facts.

Hah!

by Anonymousreply 236July 23, 2017 2:39 AM

[quote]I actually swooned when Matthew looked my way.

This wins the coveted "MARY! of the Day" award.

by Anonymousreply 237July 23, 2017 2:41 AM

What is this movie "Broadway 4D" that Matthew Morrison is supposed to be in?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 238July 23, 2017 2:51 AM

Poor Chris Colfer believed his press, believed that he was a beloved star, and believed he was going to have a fantastic post-Glee career. Remember when he announced he'd be doing a movie playing Noel Coward?

Colfer has no range or real acting talent, and he's just not believable as anything other than a nellie queen.

by Anonymousreply 239July 23, 2017 2:51 AM

R236 I don't get what you're hinting at.

by Anonymousreply 240July 23, 2017 3:06 AM

Ryan did NOT want Diana. Diana had auditioned for Glee but creative went with another actress. That actress backed out at the last minute. Literally the day before the pilot was to start shooting creative went to sign Diana. Ryan was never happy, and was further frustrated when the pilot got picked up and her character, which was intended to be minor, was elevated by network.

When the network ordrred the second half of the first season, some things were retooled, including pregnancy subplots. As courtesy, creative met with the actors to discuss possible arcs for their characters and to informally gauge how much interest actros had in continuing with the show. Diana's meeting did not go well, her vision for Quinn was not at all what Ryan wanted.. Ryan wanted a bitchy waspy cheerleader queen bee mean girl, and Diana wanted to humanize and empower Quinn, which was in conflict with the arc they wanted to give Lea's Rachel, etc. Diana brought up that Ryan was in hot water with feminists for the way he writes his female characters ("like supervillans in drag"--never forget) which basically turned their artistic partnership into a slow moving train wreck

So Ryan basically split the Quinn character in two, gave the ditzy part to Heather (because she's pretty and white, and could do the dumb thing), and the queen bee mean girl part to Naya (because Heather couldn't act it), and threw as much fucking garbage as Diana as he could, both on the page and on the set, to convince her to quit. Lea and Diana were already falling out at this time and Ryan definitely played them against each other. Diana eventually all but begged out of her contract. Later, when Heather wanted to reduce her commitment and Naya wanted to be less bitchy, they reunited the two halves of Quinn's character back into one with Kitty, which was probably the iteration of Quinn closest to what Ryan had intended from the pilot

by Anonymousreply 241July 23, 2017 3:29 AM

Who was the actress originally cast as Quinn?

by Anonymousreply 242July 23, 2017 3:40 AM

R241 God, Murphy sounds like an insufferable mean girl fag! Those people are toxic.

by Anonymousreply 243July 23, 2017 3:41 AM

Hopefully Murphy never has a daughter.

by Anonymousreply 244July 23, 2017 3:45 AM

[quote]Who was the actress originally cast as Quinn?

I'm wondering about that too.

by Anonymousreply 245July 23, 2017 3:50 AM

Unlike you R243-who uses the f-word. Blocked.

by Anonymousreply 246July 23, 2017 3:52 AM

Matthew Morrison is another one who is attractive on stage but looks very strange in closeup on screen because of his oversized features. But he's got a great body--I would not kick him out of bed for eating crackers.

by Anonymousreply 247July 23, 2017 3:56 AM

I don't think her namewas ever made public but she came from Disney

by Anonymousreply 248July 23, 2017 3:59 AM

[quote]I don't think her namewas ever made public but she came from Disney

I recall reading somewhere that Lalaine who played the side-kick on Lizzie McGuire auditioned for Glee. Maybe it was her.

by Anonymousreply 249July 23, 2017 4:08 AM

[quote]Poor Chris Colfer believed his press, believed that he was a beloved star, and believed he was going to have a fantastic post-Glee career.

What is a Glee thread without the requisite (self) hating queen making up shit? I'd love to see the quote where Colfer "believes" all these things.

[quote]Remember when he announced he'd be doing a movie playing Noel Coward?

He didn't announce anything, the production did and then ran into financing issues due to Brexit (it's a UK indie production).

[quote]Colfer has no range or real acting talent, and he's just not believable as anything other than a nellie queen.

Kurt in Glee, this movie role which may never happen or be recast as he aged out, and a two-episode role on Hot in Cleveland he did (not counting the indie he wrote for himself), were all either created for him or offered directly to him.

The other actual fact is that post-Glee he's gone into writing a fantasy book series. Just recently it was announced he sold the rights to 21 C. Fox and is set to write and direct a movie based on the first book. Now, you can start pissing on his writing which isn't that brilliant, though kids seem to love the stories and characters and have made it a commercial success plus international editions.

So I doubt he's concerned about any "believability" whatsoever.

by Anonymousreply 250July 23, 2017 4:56 AM

[quote]all either created for him or offered directly to him.

They have to be created for him. He has no range or ability to play anything but himself.

[quote]So I doubt he's concerned about any "believability" whatsoever.

Undoubtedly not. He wasn't worried about that at any other time in his career, why should he start now?

Re Noel Coward, the idea of him playing that role was a joke. He could never have pulled it off. If it ever gets made, it should be a young Brit playing the part anyway, not an American of minimal charisma and acting talent.

by Anonymousreply 251July 23, 2017 5:30 AM

[quote]They have to be created for him.

I don't think this word means what you think it means.

by Anonymousreply 252July 23, 2017 5:39 AM

[quote] He has no range or ability to play anything but himself.

Funny, since he's nothing like Kurt Hummel, least of all Noel Coward, in real life.

by Anonymousreply 253July 23, 2017 5:54 AM

It was always funny to me that Rachel was written as this amazing talent who as good at everything, when in reality, Lea Michele was only passable in most things.

She has a okay voice, but Amber Riley was better.

She's an okay dancer, but Heather Morris and Diana were better.

She's an okay actress, but Diana and Naya were better.

Diana is also way, way prettier.

by Anonymousreply 254July 23, 2017 8:44 AM

[quote]Ryan did NOT want Diana. Diana had auditioned for Glee but creative went with another actress. That actress backed out at the last minute. Literally the day before the pilot was to start shooting creative went to sign Diana.

Who was "creative"? Not Ryan?

by Anonymousreply 255July 23, 2017 11:27 AM

Hi Chris Colfer/r253!

by Anonymousreply 256July 23, 2017 1:31 PM

You wish, R256.

by Anonymousreply 257July 23, 2017 2:13 PM

[quote]Who was "creative"? Not Ryan?

Gary Morton

by Anonymousreply 258July 23, 2017 2:13 PM

[quote] Ryan Murphy and Dianna Agron hated each other. [quote] It sure seemed as though Agron and Lea were involved early on in the run and then had a nasty breakup. And then it sure seemed like Agron was fucking Taylor Swift...and then had a nasty breakup.

As much as the "Achele" breakup is made into a big issue, it seems more like fuckbuddies who split amicably when somebody was trying to de-gay the cast once the show went on air. (No more Montieth being photographed in NYC gay bars, no more Morrison caught sucking a dude's tongue at Ben Maisani's parties, Colfer's outing on Chelsea Handler was initially something the network tried to squash.) Her and Swifty appear to have gone farther, with Taylor alluding to having proposed marriage in "Stay, Stay, Stay", but it's alleged that TS's management shot that down.

Then Dianna waited out not one but two PRomances in the latter half of 2012 (Conor Kennedy, Harry Styles), this being the "six months" hiatus Swift references in "How You Get the Girl", which also alludes to marriage. ("…for worse or for better") But the 2013 reconciliation appears to have busted when TS got trolled by "my friend at 'Glee'" who told her to watch the "I Do" episode because one of [her] songs was going to be in it, as Swifty tweeted in advance.

Then the episode aired and featured no Taylor songs but instead Quinn/Santana fucking. And Taylor's tweet was promptly deleted and replaced. I wouldn't be surprised if the "friend" who embarrassed TS that way was none other than RM himself.

(Although if Swagron was back on at that time, it was pretty shitty of Dianna not to tell Taylor that she'd filmed the Quinntana hookup scenes. Especially if Naya really had made a play for Di when they went to England in May '12, as Taylor may be lamenting in "Come Back, Be Here". But if Dianna had left both of Ryan's pets [Lea, Naya] romantically disappointed, it's not surprising he might have taken some revenge on her then-current relationship.)

Yes, yes, too dyke-drama obsessed, I know. But it keeps me off the streets, er, out of the Aaron Rodgers threads, so I count it as a plus…

by Anonymousreply 259July 23, 2017 3:17 PM

R259 the mental gymnastics some DLers put themselves through in order to make a celeb gay, or at least bi. I'm Latino, and it reminds me of the Hispanic and Latina magazines we used to get in my household. They always tried to claim any celeb who had a hint of Spanish blood. It got to be ridiculous. Same here.

by Anonymousreply 260July 23, 2017 4:18 PM

Intriguing general thought, R260 , but Naya has outed herself as being bi (on "The View" in January 2015), Lea has dropped a LOT of hints about it, and has been virtually called out by her Broadway ex-, Haviland Stilwell (who is out now, although she wasn't when they dated), and the Lea/Dianna thing was confirmed by an on-set source while it was happening. So I think we're on solid ground with those three.

Taylor Swift is a different issue; there's a lot to suspect about her having been involved with Agron, but nothing that specific. And even her most lesbionic song lyrics ("Treacherous", for example) can be read through straight-goggles, if the denial is strong enough. But she's OT for "Glee" discussion anyhow. (And there's plenty of other stuff [kissing Karlie Kloss, etc.] about her, still.)

by Anonymousreply 261July 24, 2017 8:26 AM

r261, go back to L-Chat with your fanfic and OT discussion thread rules.

by Anonymousreply 262July 24, 2017 3:28 PM

I think the bi rumors about Agron were true. There was incidient during the first season of Glee where a young woman tweeted Dianna with a picture of them together that said something about how they spent a night in Paris. The tweet and the young woman's twitter account disappeared.

by Anonymousreply 263July 25, 2017 12:04 AM

During the first year or so of Glee, all you DL queens were telling me that Lea and Matthew Morrison were an item. Get your stories straight.

by Anonymousreply 264July 25, 2017 12:07 AM

[quote] but Naya has outed herself as being bi (on "The View" in January 2015)

That was an obvious joke! Plus there's nothing about being bi in her book where she actually cops to having an abortion from her subsequent husband, now ex. She comes out not in the best light in her description of the relationships with Mark Salling and other Glee actors (flirted with Cory, had a fling with Chord, in addition to dating the screenwriter) and Big Sean. Being bi is like peanuts to all that, yet nothing in the book? Give me a break. She's not into women, get over it.

R264, Lea has openly admitted to it. I think Matt Morrison too.

by Anonymousreply 265July 25, 2017 5:45 AM

The Lea/Morrison hookup was common knowledge among Broadway/theater people -- long before the rest of the US discovered them in GLEE. I remember when it was rehashed (on here and elsewhere) in 2009, after the show premiered. It felt like old news to me, by then.

by Anonymousreply 266July 25, 2017 1:18 PM

Chris Colfer is much less fey in person, while Darren Criss is much more so. Lea Michelle has talent, some charisma, but very little star quality. She also makes a huge mistake by comparing herself to Streisand who is a mega star of incredible wattage and talent, something Lea Michelle will never be, She should marry herself a rich Sephardic and call it a day.

by Anonymousreply 267July 25, 2017 3:56 PM

Chris Colfer always reminded me of a ventriloquist's dummy. They should've done a "We Both Reached For the Gun" cover with Colfer as Roxie.

by Anonymousreply 268July 25, 2017 4:17 PM

Dianna Agron always pinged lez or bi to me, she had a beautiful face but I don't recall seeing her in anything outside of Glee aside from that film with Alex Pettyfer.

by Anonymousreply 269July 25, 2017 4:30 PM

[quote]She also makes a huge mistake by comparing herself to Streisand who is a mega star of incredible wattage and talent, something Lea Michelle will never be

Yeah, comparing herself to Babs was always a stretch. She should have taken a page from Madonna's book. Madonna patterned herself as Marilyn Monroe for one song, then moved on. Lea should have done her homage to Streisand, then moved on.

by Anonymousreply 270July 25, 2017 4:30 PM

Diana seemed to disappear after she did that Family movie with Deniro.

by Anonymousreply 271July 25, 2017 4:40 PM

R259 or anyone else. I had never heard about Cory Monteith hanging out in gay bars. Was he hustling? I always thought he had a big cock, I'd love to know if anyone (besides Ryan M) had him.

by Anonymousreply 272July 25, 2017 5:48 PM

R270, Murphy is responsible for that. He egged her on telling her he would direct her in Funny Girl, this was even BEFORE the pilot. He set her up to look ridiculous by feeding her the idea that she was the next Streisand. She even took to expressing pride to friends and acquaintances and later the press that she, like Streisand, would avoid getting a nose job. Apparently, she's still holding out! Murphy and his mean girl gay buddies all had a big laugh at her expense, behind her back, especially after that egregious Tony Awards performance which was essentially a set up, hoisting her and her ridiculous vanity on her own petard.

by Anonymousreply 273July 25, 2017 6:00 PM

[quote]She even took to expressing pride to friends and acquaintances and later the press that she, like Streisand, would avoid getting a nose job. Apparently, she's still holding out!

Didn't stop her from a brow job and having her jaw shaved down.

by Anonymousreply 274July 25, 2017 6:02 PM

[Quote] Didn't stop her from a brow job and having her jaw shaved down.

When did she do that??

by Anonymousreply 275July 25, 2017 6:12 PM

I get the feeling that Cory Monteith was a drug user and hustler who probably sold himself numerous times before he became famous.

by Anonymousreply 276July 25, 2017 6:14 PM

I mean Monteith hustling isn't at all some crazy thought, it would be pretty expected.

He left both highschool and his home at 16 and was hustling the streets and doing "odd jobs" to fund his drug addictions.

by Anonymousreply 277July 25, 2017 6:17 PM

[quote]When did she do that??

I'm not sure, but when they had the penultimate episode of the final season that was set just before the pilot, the shape of her face was completely different.

Chris Colfer had also been working out, so he didn't look like he's blow away in a stiff breeze.

Also, don't forget Monteith's falling into the orbit of David DeCouteau.

by Anonymousreply 278July 25, 2017 6:19 PM

I hope something terrible befalls Ryan Murphy. He's toxic.

by Anonymousreply 279July 25, 2017 6:28 PM

R272 This may or may not be 2:30 of Corey Monteith fucking a guy with his uncut, Prince Alberted cock.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 280July 25, 2017 6:58 PM

The way I keep so many gay actors employed and give you guys content that you love to talk about r279?

by Anonymousreply 281July 25, 2017 7:14 PM

Cory Monteith must have really "blown" Ryan Murphy away because he's mediocre looks and not really that talented. He couldn't sing, couldn't dance.

by Anonymousreply 282July 25, 2017 7:42 PM

R282, that's what they were looking for, someone with "everyman" looks. Murphy passed on Aaron Tveit because he was too good-looking. I don't think he lied about that - Finn the character was written as rather dim and a block of wood.

by Anonymousreply 283July 25, 2017 7:45 PM

Cory was my kind of "mediocre." Just my kind. I wish he had not died.

by Anonymousreply 284July 25, 2017 7:51 PM

So many fucking guys wanted the role of Finn, they all did. As r283 said, Ryan Murphy was very clear he didn't want anyone that seemed too "boy-bandy" or "hollywood", he wanted them to give off a vibe as regular dude in middle America.

by Anonymousreply 285July 25, 2017 7:54 PM

[quote]Finn the character was written as rather dim and a block of wood.

I'm sure they could have found that *and* someone who could sing a bit and dance a bit.

by Anonymousreply 286July 25, 2017 7:57 PM

Screen casting unknowns is different to stage casting unknowns. If they decide the performer has the quality for which they're looking, they work around the other stuff.

by Anonymousreply 287July 25, 2017 8:02 PM

Cory Monteith was perfect as Finn. I would not mind watching Aaron Tveit on the regular AT ALL, mind you, but Cory was that perfect block of wood. I thought his singing was just fine for the part. I couldn't have cared less whether he could dance. You had all those dance boys like Darren Criss for that.

by Anonymousreply 288July 25, 2017 8:02 PM

Yeah, Cory embodied the boy-next-door, corn-fed, all-American jock (despite his being Canadian). He looked like a lot of jocks I knew in high school.

by Anonymousreply 289July 25, 2017 8:17 PM

Darren Criss can move but I wouldn't call him a dancer, R288. The dancers are Harry Shum, Morrison, McHale on a few occasions, and the black nameless guy in the first season. And Heather Morris.

By the way, Criss auditioned for Finn. Yes, a 5ft6 tiny guy auditioned for a quarterback. He also auditioned for another jock. He was dying to get anything on the show. When Blaine got him hired he got the memo that his future lies in taking gay roles.

by Anonymousreply 290July 25, 2017 8:18 PM

Did Darren dance, R290? Dancer enough for me.

by Anonymousreply 291July 25, 2017 8:22 PM

[quote]Darren Criss can move but I wouldn't call him a dancer, [R288]. The dancers are Harry Shum, Morrison, McHale on a few occasions, and the black nameless guy in the first season. And Heather Morris.

Agron was pretty decent too.

by Anonymousreply 292July 25, 2017 8:24 PM

I don't think Cory had 'mediocre looks." He was fairly attractive, especially his smile. He even had smiling eyes. He had nice, full lips, too. And really tall!

I first noticed him on that KYLE X/Y show, where he also played a jock (basketball this time), so he was typecast, it seems.

by Anonymousreply 293July 25, 2017 8:25 PM

So, did he fuck DL Fave Matt Dallas?

by Anonymousreply 294July 25, 2017 8:27 PM

Cory auditioned by video . The story that he didn't sing in his audition and instead only played drums is not true. He played drums, true, but he also sang the song he ends up singing in the pilot (similar to Lea , who auditioned with a song from a tour she had just been cast in I think? She was a real cunt in her auditionBTW and Ryan just laughed ).

Aaron Tviet was not rejected because he was too good looking. Ryan wn't generally cast blonde male leads. Creative had a hard time finding someone for Finn who could sing and act and not come across too gay. A lot of actors that have had their own threads on DL auditioned and we're rejected including Jon Groff (too fat- ironic because Cory's weight became an issue as the show rolled on)

Almost everyonre auditioning for a named character role had to sing as part of the audition, whether they went on to sing on the show or not. This was done primarily to gauge potential ability to participate in future musical numbers. Dancing was nt a part of the audition process (unless they were specifically casting dancers) despite the choreographer being very involved in casting

Probably the biggest " unsung heroes" of the Glee "cast" are the session singers who stood in for the cast whenever backing vocals had to be recorded. With some exceptions, the fast pace of production meant that the on-air talent only stepped into a recording booth when they were recording a lead vocal--thry would not waste their time with "ooh" and "ah". The session singers stayed relatively unchanged throughout the series but never got credit outside of a buried liner note in one of the Christmas albums or singles? I forget. Interestingly, the show rankled Christian conservatives in America but the session singers were Christian and conservative...well, as conservative as you can be and still work in the industry in LA..

by Anonymousreply 295July 25, 2017 8:45 PM

[quote]the session singers were Christian and conservative

How do you know this?

by Anonymousreply 296July 25, 2017 8:48 PM

R296 don't you listen? She has cellulite.

by Anonymousreply 297July 25, 2017 8:50 PM

[quote]Agron was pretty decent too.

I thought her dancing was better than her singing. IIRC, she had some dance training under her belt.

by Anonymousreply 298July 25, 2017 8:56 PM

I love this thread! I passed it by months ago because I was not a "Glee" fan but this is all fascinating. Thanks!

by Anonymousreply 299July 26, 2017 2:13 PM

R4 Colfer (b. May 27, 1990) was 18 when he was cast and filmed the pilot. He turned 19 eight days after the pilot aired on May 19, 2009.

by Anonymousreply 300July 26, 2017 4:15 PM

Darren Criss has so much "Star Power" his single "I Dreamed a Dream" sold 2k copies on US iTunes and has a measly 27,942 streams on Spotify. Chris Colfer is number one on the NY Times Best Selling Children's Series list for the second week in a row. So far he's sold over 50k copies

by Anonymousreply 301July 31, 2017 9:00 PM

Criss's "I Dreamed a Dream" is, well, it's not my cup of tea, let's just say that. It's so earnest and strummy, and he sings nearly the entire thing with his eyes closed (can no hipster troubadour in any era sing with their eyes open? can no jazz saxophonist ever solo with their irises showing?). And he makes a hilarious, pained face at the end of the bridge, and that's where I laughed out loud at him and stopped the video. At least he was largely in tune throughout, so that's an improvement. I'm not a Criss hater. I do think he's adorable, and his "Something's Coming" on Glee is maybe my favorite version of the song. Even though it's clearly AutoTuned to filth he really sells the performance (and he belts the final note instead of floating it like everyone else does).

by Anonymousreply 302July 31, 2017 9:53 PM

Does anyone know if Cory worked as a bus boy at an inn on Victoria circa '95-96?

by Anonymousreply 303July 31, 2017 10:41 PM

R303 Cory who?

by Anonymousreply 304July 31, 2017 10:55 PM

Am I the only one who never liked Blaine and the Warblers that much?

by Anonymousreply 305August 1, 2017 12:59 AM

[quote]and he sings nearly the entire thing with his eyes closed

I used to work with a director who would never cast anyone who closed their eyes during an audition. It didn't matter how good they sang or how perfect they were for the role, if they closed their eyes when they sang, they weren't coming back.

by Anonymousreply 306August 1, 2017 1:13 AM

The problem with this Darren Criss "I Dreamed A Dream" is that it's Chord Overstreet's style. It's like Darren ripped it off from Chord.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 307August 1, 2017 1:20 AM

R306 how come?

by Anonymousreply 308August 1, 2017 1:26 AM

From my understanding, the reason Chris and Darren did not get along is because when Chris came out he assume Darren would too ..but Darren didn't and decided to stay in the closet...Chris saw this as cowardly and kissing up to Hollywood....( and as far as i know, Darren is still in the closet today LOL)

by Anonymousreply 309August 1, 2017 1:38 AM

Yes, but Darren had a teengirl fanbase that Chris didn't have.

by Anonymousreply 310August 1, 2017 1:42 AM

How could Darren and Chris have made that pact if they didn't start on GLEE at the same time? Darren joined in Season 2, and Chris had come out before the pilot aired in May 2009.

by Anonymousreply 311August 1, 2017 1:58 AM

R309 Ok, first of all, Chris has dated at least one guy who was in the closet and he's good friends with a few actors who are still in the closet. There is an interview where he talks about it. Secondly, LOL if you seriously think Darren is gay and in the closet.

R310 Chris had a huge army of teenage girls in his fanbase. Even today many of his fans are girls. His fanbase has changed, he has a lot of young kids because of the books and now that he's getting older there are more guys too

by Anonymousreply 312August 1, 2017 3:52 AM

"I Dreamed a Dream" doesn't make as much sense when it's sung by a man about a woman. And did Glee do a Les Mis episode?

by Anonymousreply 313August 1, 2017 1:39 PM

What r311 said, I don't know where some people get this crap but Chris Colfer was openly gay long before Darren Criss joined the show.

by Anonymousreply 314August 1, 2017 1:59 PM

Both Chris and Darren have a female fanbase. it's just that Chris fans' relate to their idol in a different way than the female fans of Darren.

by Anonymousreply 315August 1, 2017 2:03 PM

What about the ones who think they're secretly a couple?

by Anonymousreply 316August 1, 2017 2:07 PM

Well, every celebrity has some tards who are psychos and overly invested.

by Anonymousreply 317August 1, 2017 2:14 PM

What happened to the cute Irish singing guy? I think he was only in one season.

by Anonymousreply 318August 1, 2017 3:21 PM

Damian

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 319August 1, 2017 3:32 PM

Damian was from the reality casting show, right? That was terrible.

by Anonymousreply 320August 1, 2017 3:45 PM

[quote]And did Glee do a Les Mis episode?

Lea Michele and her tv mother, Idina Menzel aka Adele Dazeem, did I Dreamed A Dream as a duet.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 321August 1, 2017 3:54 PM

Yep, both Damien and the dreadlocks guy as winners from the Glee Project failed on the show.

by Anonymousreply 322August 1, 2017 3:56 PM

So did the black dancer from Season 1 who they couldn't think up a character for.

by Anonymousreply 323August 1, 2017 3:59 PM

[quote]Yep, both Damien and the dreadlocks guy as winners from the Glee Project failed on the show.

There were three seasons. Blake Jenner (Ryder) was the final winner. Alex Newell (Unique) was in the third season of the reality competition show as well as was Ali Stroker (Betty, the girl in the wheelchair semi-dating Artie).

by Anonymousreply 324August 1, 2017 4:20 PM

R 315 I mean, girls at Chris' book signings keep asking if he has a girlfriend lol. They must not realize the guy he dresses up with in couples costumes is his boyfriend

R316 Glee has been over for two years and that group still think Chris is using his "boyfriend" of 4+ years as a beard to protect Darren. It's not as bad as it used to be but Chris still get's shitty comments sent to him whenever he posts a picture of Will. They are the reason why Will's Instagram is private

by Anonymousreply 325August 1, 2017 4:28 PM

Yeah, the "Klaine" fangurls were batshit crazy.

by Anonymousreply 326August 1, 2017 5:08 PM

[quote]There were three seasons. Blake Jenner (Ryder) was the final winner. Alex Newell (Unique) was in the third season of the reality competition show as well as was Ali Stroker (Betty, the girl in the wheelchair semi-dating Artie).

There were only two seasons. Samuel Larsen (dirty dreadlock Jesus) and Damian McGinty were kind of co-winners of the first season, and were each promised seven episodes. Alex Newell and Lindsay Pearce got two each, but they liked Newell so much they brought him (and Larsen) back for another season. Blake Jenner was the solo winner of the second season, but Ali Stroker somehow landed a one-episode appearance as well.

by Anonymousreply 327August 1, 2017 5:15 PM

r327, you are indeed correct. It were only two seasons. I honestly thought there were three because of dreadlock and Irish boy.

by Anonymousreply 328August 1, 2017 5:22 PM

Damian McGinty was a member of singing group that was well known in Ireland. One of The Glee Project rejects later tried out for American Idol and was rejected.

Ali Stroker later came out as bisexual and was in relationship with Dani Shay who did America's Got Talent prior to The Glee Project

by Anonymousreply 329August 1, 2017 5:22 PM

i really liked the Irish guy. He was adorkably cute. He really did have smiling eyes.

BTW: He was originally signed for 7 episodes, but it was expanded to 18.

by Anonymousreply 330August 1, 2017 5:24 PM

Yeah Blake Jenner was the only winner of the three who was successful on the show, he actually could act well by Glee standards (and that body!).

Alex Newell was a hit, but he wasn't actually a winner.

by Anonymousreply 331August 1, 2017 5:25 PM

I hated the dreadlocked guy from season 1. There was a red head female on season 1 of The Glee Project was a great singer. I was rooting for her.

by Anonymousreply 332August 1, 2017 5:25 PM

Season one was fun with that hyper devout Christian douche who quit in front of Ryan Murphy who then followed the guy in the make up room and begged him to come back so Ryan could write him into the show or something and the guy still left.

by Anonymousreply 333August 1, 2017 5:31 PM

R333 could you elaborate on that? I've never heard that.

by Anonymousreply 334August 1, 2017 5:35 PM

Yeah I remember that r333. The idiot freaked out because he would have to kiss a girl on camera, which is so bizarre, has he ever watched any movie or TV show.

And I thought Samuel (dreads) was boring on the reality show r332, was shocked he won and was not surprised he bombed.

Season two I liked Blake and Michael's bromance, was hot to imagine Blake fucking that cute twink.

by Anonymousreply 335August 1, 2017 5:36 PM

r334, my apologies. I was referring to the Glee Project's first season.

by Anonymousreply 336August 1, 2017 5:39 PM

R333 was the guy cute? Otherwise, why was Murphy so desperate to get him on the show, if he misbehaved like that?

by Anonymousreply 337August 1, 2017 5:43 PM

[quote]Season two I liked Blake and Michael's bromance, was hot to imagine Blake fucking that cute twink.

Dear god, Michael. He was so gaga over Blake. He was so over the top when the winner was announced and his Blake won *lol*

Was there ever an official statement why the reality competition show was canceled? It ended right after Corey Moneith's death iirc.

by Anonymousreply 338August 1, 2017 5:43 PM

Does anyone know how this girl made it on to Glee? i think she had a two episode trek. She came back I think in the competition and sang "Buenos Aires" from Evita.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 339August 1, 2017 5:48 PM

R338, I think it had something to do with the Season 5-6 package renewal not being made until the last minute. It gave them no time to do the show.

by Anonymousreply 340August 1, 2017 5:51 PM

r337

I think it was several things. He was some devout Christian with some hyper activity disorder (sorry, can't remember the exact one) and he had some freak out for having to perform on Last Chance Performance (basically the Lipsync for your life - Rupaul's Drag Race - segment) and acted like the show demands of him to take a shit on his Christian beliefs. I imagine Ryan Murphy did some damage control on camera to make his exit look more happy ending-ish.

Link features the Keep Holding On song every contestant sang when they were eliminated.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 341August 1, 2017 5:59 PM

I remember those Keep Holding On performances were so campy. Cameron Mitchell was a bigger douchebag than Samuel. Cameron also won the fan favorite contest and some viewers were pissed that he got the prize since he quit he competition.

by Anonymousreply 342August 1, 2017 6:18 PM

I remember on one challenge Cameron gave Glee regular Mary Gillis (Mrs. Hagberg - or the dance instructor, Doris Klinghagen, in Drop Dead Gorgeous!) pointers what to do in the video they were filming. That was a WTF? moment.

by Anonymousreply 343August 1, 2017 6:41 PM

R343 I never watched that GLEE project show. What do you mean by 'WTF? moment'? I know what it means, in general, but in this instance?

by Anonymousreply 344August 1, 2017 6:45 PM

[quote]The problem with this Darren Criss "I Dreamed A Dream" is that it's Chord Overstreet's style. It's like Darren ripped it off from Chord.

It's both their style, the folk type singer songwriter strumming on his guitar. Criss does those "stripped down" Broadway tunes he cannot sing in the original version because he doesn't have the vocal chops. They're supposed to be "intimate" versions which his fans eat up.

I'm sure anyone knows a few guys with guitars like that. I sure do, and they can do much better with that song.

by Anonymousreply 345August 1, 2017 6:59 PM

r344, the main challenges on the Glee Project were filming a music video where each contestant had a bit part and was judged how well he or she performed her part and how it harmonized with the others and with others I mean the other contestants. The wtf moment was that newbie Cameron approached Mary Gillis to tell this veteran actress what to do in the video when it wasn't his place to instruct her what she should do in the video. That was the music video director's job.

by Anonymousreply 346August 1, 2017 7:03 PM

[quote]I remember on one challenge Cameron gave Glee regular Mary Gillis (Mrs. Hagberg - or the dance instructor, Doris Klinghagen, in Drop Dead Gorgeous!) pointers what to do in the video they were filming.

If anyone can find that clip, I'd like to see it.

by Anonymousreply 347August 1, 2017 7:12 PM

R346 do you recall her reaction/response?

by Anonymousreply 348August 1, 2017 7:27 PM

r348. She ignored him and looked down the floor avoiding eye contact. He came off as manic in that moment.

by Anonymousreply 349August 1, 2017 7:37 PM

I only saw the second season, Was he as obnoxious as Charlie, the aspie from that season?

As an aside, for all of the show's problems, I always though Zach Woodlee's choreography was terrific. And I'd like to be inside him quite deeply.

by Anonymousreply 350August 1, 2017 11:19 PM

There was an aspie on this show? Real or fictional character?

by Anonymousreply 351August 1, 2017 11:30 PM

Real. He was a not-bad-looking but incredibly annoying guy on the second season of Glee Project.

by Anonymousreply 352August 1, 2017 11:36 PM

The aspie Charlie was ok. I remember the blind guy Mario and the fat chick Lily were bigger assholes.

by Anonymousreply 353August 2, 2017 2:00 AM

R346 Ha! That was pretty presumptuous of him.

by Anonymousreply 354August 2, 2017 2:09 AM

[quote]Does anyone know if Cory worked as a bus boy at an inn on Victoria circa '95-96?

Possibly, r303, but he would have been pretty young. Born in 1982, he would only have been 13-14 years old.

by Anonymousreply 355August 2, 2017 9:48 AM

[Quote] he belts the final note instead of floating it like everyone else does

Ohreally?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 356August 2, 2017 10:05 AM

I stand corrected, R356, thanks.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 357August 2, 2017 4:23 PM

In the meantime, it appears that Agron outed herself on Instagram, less than a week after we were discussing her.

Does this mean that hubby Winston Marshall is one of ours? His mega-rich dad, Sir Paul Marshall, runs Marshall Wace LLP, "one of Europe's leading hedge-fund groups". Given that so much of the £billions that British investors move goes through Saudi Arabia and other less-than-gay-friendly Arab nations, would that be enough motive for Sir Paul to shove young Winnie (once spotted embracing Taylor Swift "ex" Jake Gyllenhaal…) into a well-appointed closet, and paying him to find an accommodating double-beard-bride?

Or is Dianna just flaunting her bisexuality, Winston's too stoned to gaf about that, and the marriage is as legit as anything in showbiz? Enquiring minds probably don't care at all, but I thought I'd throw out there, anyway.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 358August 8, 2017 1:04 AM

Why did Chris Colfer and Darren Criss hate each other in real life?

by Anonymousreply 359January 26, 2021 10:39 PM

The answer to R359's question would appear self-evident to anyone who ever observed either of the two parties mentioned.

by Anonymousreply 360January 26, 2021 10:42 PM

To me Criss and Colfer didnt seem like they hated eachother. More like their personalities didnt mesh to the point that they would be anything more that mostly cordial coworkers. More than an acquaintance but less than good friends. Where do they ever appear to hate eachother?

by Anonymousreply 361January 26, 2021 11:15 PM

Out of all the "kids" on the show, I never thought Darren Criss would have arguably the most successful post-Glee career. None of the original cast besides Jane Lynch couldn't even get another successful TV series.

by Anonymousreply 362January 27, 2021 12:00 AM

F&F for r359 for bumping up a three year-old thread.

by Anonymousreply 363January 27, 2021 1:40 AM

I wonder if he'd reconsider?? He has plenty of material to work with.

by Anonymousreply 364January 27, 2021 8:16 AM

The later additions had the most success: Darren Criss, Grant Gustin, Melissa Benoist.

by Anonymousreply 365January 28, 2021 3:29 PM

Chris Colfer is very successful as well. He’s a best selling author.

by Anonymousreply 366January 28, 2021 3:37 PM

R366: He had great PR but he made the decision to transition to writing. His film projects have gone nowhere: the Noel Coward film, the Indigo tv series, The Land of Stories film adaptation.

by Anonymousreply 367January 28, 2021 3:59 PM

R365 technically?? I mean Darren's not doing a CW show. I'll be curious to see what kind of work Grant and Melissa get when their shows end.

by Anonymousreply 368January 29, 2021 12:08 AM

Blake Jenner was doing pretty well for himself until the abuse story came out.

Jacob Artist SHOULD be doing really well, but I think his career trajectory got messed up with they fucked his character over.

by Anonymousreply 369January 29, 2021 12:15 AM

I think the Glee curse's next victim will be Amber Riley. Just take a look at her. Imagine if it ends up like Final Destination where they all go right after the other with Lea at the very end and in the most gruesome fashion.

by Anonymousreply 370January 29, 2021 5:35 AM

R369 Blake's still working with Linklater. Not sure how much of an effect Melissa's accusations had....

by Anonymousreply 371January 29, 2021 6:19 AM

Ryan Murphy go away, talentless hack!

by Anonymousreply 372January 29, 2021 6:24 AM

I think Blake got fucked over, because Melissa needed an excuse after word got out she's hooking up with Chris Wood. She needed the PR spin after The Fappening, and dumping her previous boyfriend for Blake, made her look like a skank (which wasn't a good look for an actress playing Supergirl on TV). I don't blame neither, since Hollywood asks for such shady drama from the players.

by Anonymousreply 373January 29, 2021 6:25 AM

I only watched "Glee" for Mike O'Malley & Jane Lynch.

by Anonymousreply 374January 29, 2021 6:50 AM

[quote] "How many shows have one star die from ODing..."

That should've been Lea Michele.

by Anonymousreply 375January 29, 2021 6:55 AM

I don't wish death on Lea Michelle. However, if she had died in stead of Montieth, I don't think it would have hurt the show in the same way.

by Anonymousreply 376January 29, 2021 5:41 PM

I know he’s a pedo but the bulge in Mark’s pants

by Anonymousreply 377January 29, 2021 6:13 PM

r376. I am sorry, but I have to disagree. While I don't like the actress, the character had so much more camp story potential than Finn. You couldn't have Finn go to NY and try to make it in Broadway. Finn would have attempted something boring like learning to be a football coach (hardly any chance to get some music, or musical, icons doing guest appearances).

by Anonymousreply 378January 29, 2021 6:21 PM

Murphy lost interest in the show after season 2. It shouldn't have gone on for six seasons. The writing was terrible and the vast majority of the actors weren't particularly talented or attractive. They had huge egos though.

by Anonymousreply 379January 29, 2021 9:15 PM

r126 Heather is majorly pulling focus from beYAWNce.

by Anonymousreply 380January 30, 2021 3:34 AM

Single Ladies was what got Heather cast in Glee. She was only supposed to teach the dance to some cast members and someone higher up was so impressed by her that she got a role. Maybe there was casting couch involved, but that's the official story apparently.

by Anonymousreply 381January 30, 2021 6:45 AM

lol, pedos, abusers, and KKKUNTS (LEA) I wonder why they didn't get along.

by Anonymousreply 382January 30, 2021 6:52 AM

[quote] The best performance on Glee was this, by far. “Love Child”, delivered during Christmas, by a trans character playing Mary, giving birth to a black baby Jesus in a sequin diaper, Lion King-style, in staging deliberately meant to provoke the outspoken Christian in the room. I can only imagine it wasn’t a one of our Great American Controversies because no one was still watching the show at this point.

Oh man, thank you for posting that! Almost makes me wish I hadn’t quit watching by that point. My guess is that any fundies watching that broadcast had their heads explode like at the end of [italic]Scanners[/italic] before they could start a boycott!

by Anonymousreply 383January 30, 2021 9:59 AM

Blake Jenner stopped posting on his Instagram when Melissa Benoist wrote her allegations (never naming him although it was clearly him). His Instagram was inundated with nasty comments for the longest time. It wasn’t until 11 months later, last October, that he wrote a lengthy response. He doesn’t name her either. He wiped clean all of the negative comments written about him, too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 384January 30, 2021 11:57 AM

How did Lea and Melissa get along? I can see Lea being a barrier to Benoist's one true love...cock.

Any truth to the rumor Salling got into child pron when co-star Iqbal Theba shared nudes of Lauren Potter with him?

by Anonymousreply 385January 30, 2021 1:50 PM

[Quote] How did Lea and Melissa get along? I can see Lea being a barrier to Benoist's one true love...cock.

They didn't get along but i can't see Lea cockblocking Melissa.

by Anonymousreply 386January 30, 2021 2:24 PM

Back when they fired all the new kids from season four (Melissa Benoist, Blake Jenner, Jacob Artist, and Becca Tobin), it leaked out that Lea had demanded they get rid of them because Mellissa's character was stealing Lea's thunder. That was also supposedly why they suddenly broke up Jake and Marley, by having Jake do a total 180, because their pairing was becoming more popular than Lea and Corey's. Becca Tobin only rehired because her fiancé died and Lea Michelle "helped" her by using her as a PR stunt.

I'd bet money that Melissa eventually comes out about all of it and a bunch of Murphy actors back her up because Lea is pretty well hated.

R378 It's cool that you disagree, but you have to remember the initial plan for the show. It was supposed to remain focused on the Glee club, which Finn would eventually take over and run in the end. It would have remained an ensemble revolving around the whole group. None of that garbage New York storyline was supposed to happen on the Glee show itself. Murphy tried for a spinoff, focused on Rachel, but it got shot down. So, they split the plots on Glee, which was already going to shit because it went from ensemble to The Rachel Show.

by Anonymousreply 387January 30, 2021 7:22 PM

Does anyone remember some of the casting rumors around the time Glee became a big hit? Supposedly Julie Andrews was going to play Kurt's grandmother and Anne Hathaway his aunt. Eat Pray Love had come out and I remember thinking, "Oh, they're totally going to have Julia Roberts for a flashback as Kurt's mom."

by Anonymousreply 388January 30, 2021 7:40 PM

R384 Melissa really fucked up Blake.

by Anonymousreply 389January 30, 2021 7:44 PM

Someone commented much earlier in the thread that Jonathan Groff is too nice to be Lea Michele's friend.

He's not, actually.

While the first set of GLEE CDs sold very well, none of the solo discs by cast members did, though I guess Michele's first one did ok enough for her to do another.

I remember when Idina Menzel came in to play Rachel's birth mother. I got the impression that they managed to tolerate each other, but that's it.

by Anonymousreply 390January 30, 2021 7:45 PM

BTW, by "he's not", I meant he's not all that nice. He is certainly Michele's friend.

by Anonymousreply 391January 30, 2021 7:47 PM

Morrison's solo CD is bleh.

by Anonymousreply 392January 30, 2021 7:48 PM

I don't mind Amber Riley on the Dreamgirls revival recording

by Anonymousreply 393January 30, 2021 7:50 PM

R390 You can’t just drop something like that without providing details of why don’t think Groff is a nice person. He has a sparkling reputation and literally no one who has worked with him has ever had anything negative to say.

by Anonymousreply 394January 30, 2021 8:07 PM

R381: Didn't most of the cast get their roles from the casting couch?

by Anonymousreply 395January 30, 2021 8:12 PM

I'm shocked the cast hasn't already begged for a movie or some sort of limited series revival especially considering their career trajectories.

by Anonymousreply 396January 30, 2021 10:08 PM

Quite a few of them have said they have no desire to go back to the show.

by Anonymousreply 397January 31, 2021 12:14 AM

If Eve Plumb would reunite to renovate the Brady house last year...I think most of the Glee gang could be coaxed with some cash and publicity to do a TV movie or limited series.

by Anonymousreply 398January 31, 2021 2:18 AM

Maybe they don't want to renew the curse?

by Anonymousreply 399January 31, 2021 3:22 AM

[Quote] I'd bet money that Melissa eventually comes out about all of it and a bunch of Murphy actors back her up because Lea is pretty well hated.

Didn't she like some shady tweets when shit wigler happened?? I don't think she likes talking about her time on Glee period.

[Quote] Melissa really fucked up Blake.

Other way around.

by Anonymousreply 400January 31, 2021 7:20 AM

What happened to the gay jock in the final season?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 401January 31, 2021 8:47 AM

For the terminally eldergay r401.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 402January 31, 2021 9:05 AM

Allegedly they wanted to have Blaine and and Kurt break up earlier than they did and then have Blaine get with Sebastian and have Kurt move on with someone new. Supposedly once some the "Klaine" fans found out and they went crazy and then they decided to drop the break up story it all together.

Jacob Artist has popped up on different shows in guest roles and he also did a gay short film.

by Anonymousreply 403January 31, 2021 9:48 AM

Glee turned from a biting satire to a "candy everybody wants" fan service show. It was a ratings hit and songs were smash hit downloads on iTunes. One could get the feeling that the fans did call the shots and the show gave them what they wanted. But when the show started to wag its finger at the audience for being too invested (like caring too much about how Monteith died or spoiling the prom king & queen twist) that match made in TV heaven turned bad.

by Anonymousreply 404January 31, 2021 10:30 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 405January 31, 2021 11:57 AM

I remember cunt supreme, Babs Streisand, being asked if she would ever appear on Glee, and Babs bitchily replying, "Not if I can help it."

She tried to backpedal later and claim that she didn't mean it as an insult but we knew she had been her usual cunty self.

by Anonymousreply 406January 31, 2021 12:17 PM

Look the whole Melissa-Blake thing was never going to work anyways just for the simple fact that the girl craves cock 24/7.

It's like that blonde cooze needs cock to sustain oxygen.

Why do you think Chris Wood no longer works? He needs to be ready and hard at a moment's notice.

This is why she wanted Supergirl killed off at the end of this season. Girl needs a good dicking and the show was just too much of a distraction!

by Anonymousreply 407January 31, 2021 12:22 PM

[quote]He had great PR but he made the decision to transition to writing. His film projects have gone nowhere: the Noel Coward film, the Indigo tv series, The Land of Stories film adaptation.

He said he intends to go into writing and screenwriting in one of the very early cast videos so it seems his plan all along. Worked out well for him, he earns millions from his children's books and isn't affected by any COVID industry closures.

by Anonymousreply 408January 31, 2021 1:32 PM

R1: Their beef wasn't as bad as Lea and Naya but there was no chemistry there and you could just tell that they weren't cordial behind the scenes. Supposedly Chris wanted Kurt to be paired up with a jock and not Blaine. Chris became jealous when Blaine became a bigger and more popular character than Kurt.

by Anonymousreply 409January 31, 2021 4:42 PM

I thought Naya had the most potential. What a shame.

by Anonymousreply 410January 31, 2021 4:48 PM

It was an amusing show for season 1 when it was essentially a musical version of Election and then it went downhill fast. They would shoehorn in songs just to sell downloads and CDs even if they didn't fit the character or situation. They'd give Kurt something dramatic like "Rose's Turn" when the situation didn't call for it at all. Jane Lynch's character would have been a better fit for that song and it could have been somewhat moving, but all plot and character went out the window by season 2.

At least in the first season, the songs seemed carefully chosen to reflect the character's current emotional state.

by Anonymousreply 411January 31, 2021 5:49 PM

R411: Yeah they should've ended the show with dignity after season 3 or 4. The New York storyline was atrocious. Everyone involved gave up and that was reflected in both the writing and performances.

by Anonymousreply 412January 31, 2021 6:04 PM

R1: They weren't exactly friendly with each other because the crazy fans thought they were a couple in real life. Additionally, their significant others were harassed. Chris was only close with Amber, Jenna, Kevin, and Ashley Fink.

by Anonymousreply 413February 1, 2021 3:15 PM

R405 I thought that show was fun to watch. I'm really surprised he Jacob Artist was in an Araki project and avoided being nude though.

by Anonymousreply 414February 1, 2021 6:23 PM

Rachel Berry winning a Tony for Jane Austen Sings. She beats Dame Maggie Smith, Willow Smith, and Anne Hathaway.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 415February 1, 2021 6:31 PM

All evidence of Glee should be erased from the record. When three young cast members end up dead, your show is fucking cursed.

by Anonymousreply 416February 1, 2021 6:36 PM

R414 i thought so too. But i'm not surprised it didn't get a renewal.

by Anonymousreply 417February 2, 2021 12:19 AM

Now Apocalypse was too weird and niche even for Showtime. It was like David Lynch making a softcore Skinemax feature. Personally I quite liked it. Beau Mirchoff and Avan Jorgia were my favorites in this.

by Anonymousreply 418February 2, 2021 12:24 AM

R418 Beau was the highlight for me. But Avan and Posey were great too.

by Anonymousreply 419February 2, 2021 10:50 AM

Ryan Murphy was totally that annoying theatre queen in high school.

by Anonymousreply 420February 2, 2021 11:26 AM

What happened to the chunky jock type who the script tried to convince us was attracted to Kurt? He was quite cute. The chunky dude, I mean. Not Kurt.

by Anonymousreply 421February 2, 2021 1:52 PM

R421 Dave Karofsky (sp) graduated and only made a few appearances later. Mainly when he was dating Blaine.

by Anonymousreply 422February 2, 2021 7:23 PM

Karofsky was cute! I bailed before the show ended, so it's news to me that he dated Blaine. Also, as awful the episode where Karofsky attempted suicide (because he was closeted) was, I did like the performances of the guy playing Karofsky and his father, Daniel Roebuck, who had a pretty good chemistry opposite Mike O'Malley. I think that was one of the best aspects of Glee: realizing that O'Malley was a pretty damn good actor.

by Anonymousreply 423February 3, 2021 4:16 AM

Oh yeah Karofsky. He was very cute. But wait, he dated Blaine? Weren't Blaine and Kurt a couple? Did they break up?

by Anonymousreply 424February 3, 2021 6:27 AM

Anyone know which male actors slept with Murphy? (I guess the females slept with Brad?)

by Anonymousreply 425February 3, 2021 2:21 PM

I wanted Karofsky in me quite deeply.

Seriously, I'm wondering why he hasn't landed some other TV show.

by Anonymousreply 426February 3, 2021 4:38 PM

[quote] but all plot and character went out the window by season 2. At least in the first season, the songs seemed carefully chosen to reflect the character's current emotional state.

Yeah, this in a nutshell is why I liked it in the beginning, and then stopped liking it about midway through S2.

When they started changing character motivations/histories on a whim TO FIT A SONG then I knew I couldn't keep watching.

by Anonymousreply 427February 3, 2021 4:39 PM

I've always wondered how Kevin McHale felt about scenes like the "Roar" performance, where he's dressed to go on safari and all the others are dressed like Tarzan and Jane. Was he insulted or in heaven, getting to check out the likes of Chord, Darren, Blake and Jacob in loincloths?

by Anonymousreply 428February 3, 2021 6:02 PM

R428 One of the main bosses, I don't think it was Murphy, said that one of their biggest mistakes was placing Kevin in a wheelchair because of how amazing a dancer he was.

by Anonymousreply 429February 3, 2021 6:06 PM

I want to know who was fucking who & what kind of drugs everyone was doing.

by Anonymousreply 430February 3, 2021 8:17 PM

The cast is the epitome of letting fame go to your head. A lot of massive egos for a cast not particularly talented or attractive.

by Anonymousreply 431February 3, 2021 8:57 PM

[quote] Anyone know which male actors slept with Murphy? (I guess the females slept with Brad?)

Did Chrissy Colfer sleep with Murphy? He/it was so unattractive, untalented and just plain annoying that you had to wonder how he/it got cast.

by Anonymousreply 432February 3, 2021 9:34 PM

R432: Probably and clearly he didn't become one of Murphy's favorites. He couldn't even get another Murphy project after Glee. I think pretty much the whole cast was discovered on the casting couch.

by Anonymousreply 433February 3, 2021 9:49 PM

Groff was fucking one of the choreographers.

by Anonymousreply 434February 4, 2021 12:06 AM

Considering Kurt began taking on the role of Murphy's idealized version of himself, I'm going to hope he and Colfer never had sex.

by Anonymousreply 435February 4, 2021 12:22 AM

R425: I've heard rumors about Darren Criss, Mark Salling, and Chord Overstreet.

by Anonymousreply 436February 4, 2021 1:06 AM

I read that Murphy is the kind of guy who likes to be in control and tells guys what they should do to each other while he watches.

by Anonymousreply 437February 4, 2021 8:07 AM

[Quote] The cast is the epitome of letting fame go to your head. A lot of massive egos for a cast not particularly talented or attractive.

Just the cast??

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 438February 4, 2021 12:18 PM

r435 Colfer is probably too fey for him. He'd probably rather fuck the hunky guys.

by Anonymousreply 439February 4, 2021 3:23 PM

So apparently everyone on Tik Tok hates Matthew Morrison.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 440February 4, 2021 3:27 PM

R440 so they actually hate Will and not Matt.

by Anonymousreply 441February 4, 2021 9:14 PM

[quote] He couldn't even get another Murphy project after Glee.

Colfer always had plans to go into writing and struck $$ when his kids books took off.

When the show ended, he kept being asked during book promos if he misses the show, with the expectation that he'll wax poetic about it. The answer was always dry and nonchalant that he doesn't plan to work with Murphy for the foreseeable future.

by Anonymousreply 442February 4, 2021 9:29 PM

That may be the best publicity Matthew Morrison has had in years!

by Anonymousreply 443February 4, 2021 11:51 PM

r441 But it has oddly spilled over to Matt.

by Anonymousreply 444February 5, 2021 12:02 AM

R432: He actually got better looking as he got older.

by Anonymousreply 445February 6, 2021 2:56 PM

Never watched Glee but how do you explain that idiotic, batshit crazy clip at R7.

by Anonymousreply 446February 6, 2021 3:06 PM

Is Glee aired at all anymore in syndication? I never see it. It's one of those shows that has been tainted with the scandals, deaths, and diminishing quality of each season.

by Anonymousreply 447February 6, 2021 3:30 PM

R406 ahahahaha I love that.

by Anonymousreply 448February 6, 2021 5:09 PM

Apparently people conveniently forget that Matt Morrison was the lead in that Weinstein produced musical Finding Neverland which was heavily promoted on Weinstein produced Project Runway at Lifetime. That alone deserves him a push into a grease fire pit.

by Anonymousreply 449February 6, 2021 5:18 PM

[Quote] That alone deserves him a push into a grease fire pit.

Why???

by Anonymousreply 450February 7, 2021 1:21 AM

R449 I was at a dinner event with Matt Morrison right before COVID. It was for some health start up his wife was involved in. Absolutely no one knew who he was and when asked what he did, he very humbly said “I act.”

by Anonymousreply 451February 7, 2021 5:47 AM

I suspect if Matt has any excess ego, it's been winnowed over the years.

by Anonymousreply 452February 7, 2021 3:22 PM

It was a weird show because for a while there so many people I know who love musical theater were obsessed with it--and then they weren't. They all stopped watching it, and the show disappeared.

by Anonymousreply 453February 7, 2021 3:58 PM

Yup. I was a proud theater kid in those days and for a while, Glee was appointment viewing. Once it became apparent that the show was more overt about pushing iTunes sales than anything else, we bailed. This was also around the time of the show getting a multi-season renewal, which was just tempting the gods. Oddly enough, I don't remember Smash ever having that "you gotta see this!" factor.

by Anonymousreply 454February 7, 2021 8:13 PM

r280 That sure looks like him.

by Anonymousreply 455February 8, 2021 6:17 PM

Cory just breaks my heart...

by Anonymousreply 456February 8, 2021 9:40 PM

R447: Never been in syndication. I guess all the tragedies, behind the scenes drama, and Lea Michele's cuntiness makes syndication or any sort of limited series revival difficult.

by Anonymousreply 457February 9, 2021 12:27 AM

It's on Amazon Prime and Netflix.

by Anonymousreply 458February 9, 2021 8:12 AM

[quote]but Cory was that perfect block of wood

They sure grow 'em tall and fine in British Columbia.

by Anonymousreply 459February 11, 2021 8:51 PM

[quote] "However, if she had died in stead of Montieth, I don't think it would have hurt the show in the same way."

It would've improved it!

Cunt!

by Anonymousreply 460February 12, 2021 12:38 AM

[quote]Jacob Artist SHOULD be doing really well, but I think his career trajectory got messed up with they fucked his character over.

I couldn't bring myself to care about the new kids, but, credit where due, he was by far the hottest.

by Anonymousreply 461February 12, 2021 7:35 AM

r11 Why the Artie hate? He seemed harmless enough. I don't remember any deplorable rumours about him like some other cast members.

by Anonymousreply 462February 14, 2021 9:20 PM

R462: I don't get it either. Everybody knew he was gay as a goose and he was on a gay show with a lot of out actors but other than that I haven't heard any rumors. Was he one of the male actors who slept with Ryan Murphy?

by Anonymousreply 463February 14, 2021 10:42 PM

r463 And he's been out for a while now. He was probably out personally for a long time, just not professionally.

[quote]Ashley Fink was meant to be a bit player and was brought back as a potential mate for Puck during very stressful contract negotiations to punish Mark Salling and push him out of the show.

I dunno how this was a punishment. It was one of the better Puck storylines that only make him more likeable.

by Anonymousreply 464February 16, 2021 9:15 PM

R464: There are rumors that Murphy axed Ashley Fink to get back at Chris Colfer. When Lea, Cory, and Chris said publicly that they were leaving the show after season 3, Murphy blamed only Chris and Cory.

by Anonymousreply 465February 16, 2021 9:29 PM

r465 How does axing Fink get back at Colfer? Please expand and elaborate.

by Anonymousreply 466February 16, 2021 10:32 PM

R466: They became close friends on the set of Glee. Murphy explained to Lea, Cory, and Chris about the future plans for the characters and then they publicly said that they would be leaving the show after season 3. Murphy was particularly pissed at Cory and Chris and apparently axed Fink to get back at Colfer.

by Anonymousreply 467February 16, 2021 10:47 PM

R467, the one who publicly said they were leaving the show at the time was Murphy. He made it sound it's the end of their characters despite the negotiations going on about the spinoff. This was probably what caught the actors by complete surprise, and they got to know about it from twitter blowing up with fans and media comments. The actors weren't allowed to even mention he spinoff so they were forced to talk around it when the media accosted them - something to the effect of 'everything has to end at some point', yada yada. Fans blew up at Murphy who, true to form, got pissy and blamed the whole episode on Colfer and Cory Monteith.

by Anonymousreply 468February 16, 2021 10:58 PM

According to the Glee fandom at the time, this 'graduation-gate' as they called it was a big reason for the fallout between Ryan Murphy and Chris Colfer.

by Anonymousreply 469February 16, 2021 11:02 PM

For what it's worth, Ashley Fink turned chicken shit into chicken salad with her role. It's disgusting but not surprising that Murphy apparently only thought of her in terms of how utilizing or firing her would affect his guys.

by Anonymousreply 470February 16, 2021 11:06 PM

R469: He's a diva who surrounds himself with divas so he never blamed Lea Michele. I agree that the whole situation caused the fallout between Murphy and Colfer. Colfer never or rarely mentioned Murphy during the second half of Glee.

by Anonymousreply 471February 17, 2021 1:11 AM

It was all Murphy's fault. He dropped the bomb and the actors in question didn't know how to respond to it, when asked, by the press or on social media. Once Murphy faced a backlash he looked for someone to blame and blamed it on the actors. Murphy and his team left the actors alone to deal with the fallout and then blamed them for not dealing with it correctly in Murphy's eyes.

I love Murphy's shows, but he does come off like a thin skinned, immature litte bitch a lot of times.

by Anonymousreply 472February 17, 2021 3:50 AM

More than that, Murphy went back to the press to blame the actors for the demise of the spinoff. Said their agents were driving a hard bargain and Colfer wasn't too thrilled to have to leave his family in CA (he has a disabled sister). Of course none of this was why FOX scrapped the spinoff but Murphy didn't want to admit failure.

by Anonymousreply 473February 17, 2021 3:18 PM

Murphy took a thinly veiled swipe at Colfer in American Horror Story. The Quentin Fleming character is an author and Jessica Lange basically says to him that she paved the way for his successful book series.

by Anonymousreply 474February 17, 2021 7:42 PM

Thanks for all the fascinating tea! I was only a casual viewer and not very deep into the fandom (I was over 30 when the show started). I didn't really follow any of the cast or gossip.

It's interesting to revisit after all this time. It hasn't been long enough yet for full blown nostalgia, but definitely long enough for some distance and perspective.

by Anonymousreply 475February 17, 2021 7:49 PM

I don't feel bad for Colfer. He was extremely arrogant and overrated.

by Anonymousreply 476February 17, 2021 11:48 PM

Oh my god, I never even realized that Quentin from Coven was a dig at Colfer. It makes sense, though. Quentin was played by Leslie Jordan. Could Robin Bartlett's character (who lost her damn eye!) have been a dig at Lea?

by Anonymousreply 477February 17, 2021 11:52 PM

I've always avoided any TV shows created by Ryan Murphy as being largely garbage. Reading this thread has confirmed that I made the correct choice.

by Anonymousreply 478February 18, 2021 12:46 AM

Murphy does not know how to end a series. Nip Tuck, Glee, allt the AHS. He spends 13 of 14 eps creating story and then tries to tie it all up in one episode.

by Anonymousreply 479February 18, 2021 12:55 AM

I believe there was also a character in American Horror Story or The New Normal that was a dig at Dianna Agron. It's no secret she and Murphy hated each other.

by Anonymousreply 480February 18, 2021 1:19 AM

Emma Roberts' actress character in COVEN did seem to be his FU to Dianna. Not only that, but she had a line bitching about the Sound of Music thing on NBC. Seriously, by the end of any given Ryan Murphy project, it just turns into an airing of grievances.

by Anonymousreply 481February 18, 2021 1:27 AM

so Dianna Agron got well and truly screwed over, shame

by Anonymousreply 482February 18, 2021 2:31 AM

I don't think you can ever get well when you decided it was a good idea to hook up with crazy bitch Lea Michele. I mean, that decision haunts you for the rest of your life.

by Anonymousreply 483February 18, 2021 2:34 AM

In regards to the Agron/Murphy feud, she wanted to get out of her contract and pursue other projects. She thought her movie career would take off. So many TV stars make this mistake. She should've stayed with the series until the end.

by Anonymousreply 484February 18, 2021 3:04 PM

They love to do Cory and Lea tributes but they sure seem to skip over Mark Salling real fast. Hmm...

by Anonymousreply 485February 20, 2021 3:43 AM

R485: Sorry meant Naya. Freudian slip.

by Anonymousreply 486February 20, 2021 3:43 AM

Why was Gill Landry touring with Agron? That was fucking weird.

by Anonymousreply 487February 20, 2021 4:56 AM

Has anyone listened to Kevin and Jenna's podcast? Is it any good?

by Anonymousreply 488February 21, 2021 8:02 AM

R488 I had listened to most of the episodes up until their hiatus following Naya's death.

They were generally fun. Some good tidbits, though they obviously try to brush over most of the outright negative stuff when people are involved (they're not sitting there shittalking Ryan or their cast mates). The first episode of the glee recap had Lea on, and everyone was playing nice of course but you do get a real sense for her and both Kevin and Jenna sound irritated with her at times, which is pretty funny (she talks over them a ton). They do also not hold back much on some of the stuff they disliked or thought was dumb/too absurd/etc. when it comes to storylines.

It's worth listening to while you're doing other stuff if there's any interest IMO.

by Anonymousreply 489February 21, 2021 10:19 PM

r489 Thanks! I may check it out. Too bad they don't get into any of the real tea, but it's understandable why they don't.

by Anonymousreply 490February 22, 2021 10:13 AM

I didn't know that about Ashely Fink's character. If that's really why her character was written off, then it really sucks.

by Anonymousreply 491February 22, 2021 5:43 PM

r491 I know, so stupid. Changing story lines in order to punish actors makes no sense.

by Anonymousreply 492February 22, 2021 6:17 PM

r476 The Emmy nomination must have gone to his head.

by Anonymousreply 493February 22, 2021 6:19 PM

Since the end of Glee, Colfer basically stays at home with his two dogs and a boyfriend, churns kids books and pockets $$$. The only time he reminds people of his existence is at the book launches.

I'm sure that qualifies as 'arrogant' in some circles.

by Anonymousreply 494February 23, 2021 5:37 AM

R494 = Chrissy Colfer?

by Anonymousreply 495February 23, 2021 6:40 AM

Still wrong, R495.

The Glee member with even the remotest possibility of posting on online forums (gay or otherwise) would be Kevin McHale, and even he has better things to do.

by Anonymousreply 496February 23, 2021 12:37 PM

r489 Was the hiatus due to Naya's death? Will they be coming back?

by Anonymousreply 497February 23, 2021 1:51 PM

R494: Yeah we know who brings home the bacon in that household. The boyfriend doesn't work at all.

by Anonymousreply 498February 23, 2021 7:35 PM

It's the signature of verinvested fangirls to take offense when they can't figure out what this or that actor's nonfamous significant other does with their time. As R498 - who's all over this thread - amply demonstrates.

by Anonymousreply 499February 23, 2021 9:06 PM

I wanna know what happened between Colfer & Murphy.

by Anonymousreply 500February 24, 2021 5:15 PM

R500: Murphy initially said that Cory, Chris, Lea would be graduating and leaving the show. Then Colfer said something along the lines of he didn't know season 3 would be his last on the show. Then Brad Falchuk said that the although characters would be graduating, they wouldn't be leaving the show. After all of that, Murphy released another statement blaming the whole mess and the demise of a potential spinoff on Chris and Cory in particular.

The spinoff was to take place and film in NYC where Lea, Chris, and Cory attending Julliard. Murphy said the spinoff was scrapped because of the statements Colfer made to the press. Murphy uses scare tactics to keep his actors in line so maybe Murphy blackballed him because apart from Absolutely Fabulous movie Colfer hasn't done anything post Glee. The fallout must've been really bad because Colfer and Murphy never acknowledged each other ever again. There's even speculation that the Quentin Fleming on American Horror Story is a subtle dig at Colfer.

by Anonymousreply 501February 24, 2021 8:32 PM

r501 Sounds like a mess.

by Anonymousreply 502February 25, 2021 10:21 AM

At least it ended when it did and didn't overstay its welcome like Friends and Modern Family.

by Anonymousreply 503February 27, 2021 6:03 PM

I wonder how Ryan felt about Chris winning a Golden Globe and getting to meet Julianne Moore.

Seriously.

by Anonymousreply 504February 28, 2021 1:28 AM

Give it time. A little cash could coax all of them to do the inevitable Glee reboot as adults.

by Anonymousreply 505February 28, 2021 2:45 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 506March 2, 2021 9:48 PM

Season 5 was definitely the worst. The puppet episode, the previously unaired Christmas episode, the New York storyline, no explanation for Finn's death, etc.

by Anonymousreply 507March 2, 2021 9:58 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!