Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Faye Dunaway on Oscars flub: "I really fucked that up."

Apparently Ms. Dunaway was not only at the post-show parties, she was claiming responsibility.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 117April 23, 2018 2:49 PM

Bitch will do anything to try to nab the spotlight.

by Anonymousreply 1February 28, 2017 2:48 PM

This raises my opinion of her by an order of magnitude.

by Anonymousreply 2February 28, 2017 2:52 PM

Cunty as the day is long and I love her for it.

by Anonymousreply 3February 28, 2017 2:55 PM

Has Faye developed a sense of humor in her old age?

[quote]According to Beatty, after realizing their mistake, Dunaway asked him, “Are we in the sink?” to which he replied, “No. It wasn’t us.”

[quote]According to Beatty, Dunaway told him, “Thank God there were two of us up there,” and then asked, “Who else should I tell?” The former Hollywood playboy told his colleague that she should tell “everybody.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4February 28, 2017 2:56 PM

Leave her alone.

by Anonymousreply 5February 28, 2017 3:01 PM

I wish this Faye had joined us sooner. Oh R5, I think Faye can handle herself at this point.

by Anonymousreply 6February 28, 2017 3:02 PM

I feel bad for anyone involved, not "Darfur Orphan" bad, just bad that a mistake like this is known by hundreds of millions and you go down in pop culture history for being a part of it. Like that's always a part of your obit.

by Anonymousreply 7February 28, 2017 3:03 PM

Who gives a shit about the stupid oscars and these two shitty movies we will all be endlessly passing over in the Netflix queue in few months. Please tell me someone asked Faye if she will be glued to the Tv on Sunday watching FUED. Priorities bitches.

by Anonymousreply 8February 28, 2017 3:04 PM

Give that woman an awesomely fierce TV series!

by Anonymousreply 9February 28, 2017 3:05 PM

Why the hell didn't Warren Beatty or Faye Dunaway notice the gold writing on the envelope or the name "Emma Stone - LaLa Land" on the card??? Yes, it's the accountant's fault for giving them the wrong envelope but are these two oldies too afraid to speak up and say: "I think we may have the wrong card here".

by Anonymousreply 10February 28, 2017 3:08 PM

She didn't fuck it up, it was Warren. He saw the whole card. Instead of saying something , he acted like a moron. She looked at the card, saw LLL and said it because he was wasting time.

by Anonymousreply 11February 28, 2017 3:08 PM

Does anyone else get the feeling that Warren was paralyzed at what to do because he was drunk or stoned?

by Anonymousreply 12February 28, 2017 3:11 PM

r11 He didn't have his glasses on, so I'm wondering if he could actually read it. Maybe that's why he just passed it off to Dunaway with an intro.

by Anonymousreply 13February 28, 2017 3:12 PM

He wasn't supposed to announce the winner. She was. He was unsure about what he was seeing, He's 79 and thought he might have gotten it wrong. He actually looked offstage to see if there was a problem. She thought he was screwing with the audience and her (they fought about who was going to announce the winner). She blurted it out without even looking.

Ultimately, the guy who handed Beatty the envelope is responsible.

by Anonymousreply 14February 28, 2017 3:14 PM

I think Warren knew something was wrong and in case it was didn't want to be responsible for it so handed it to Faye so she would get blamed. It was odd how he stuttered around it and then instead of just saying it he passed it to faye to read

by Anonymousreply 15February 28, 2017 3:18 PM

It wasn't that odd, R15. They had rehearsed it so that Faye would read the winner. I also don't think he was handing it to her to announce. He felt pressure and probably felt Faye was getting impatient with him and to me it looked like he was showing her the card to 1) make her understand his confusion and /or 2) see if she could make any sense of it.

by Anonymousreply 16February 28, 2017 3:21 PM

It's weird that he was starting to say "And the winner of the Academy Award is..." when Faye was the one who was supposed to announce it. No wonder Faye thought he was fucking with her.

by Anonymousreply 17February 28, 2017 3:22 PM

I think it was obvious Beatty saw what was on the envelope and that's why he hesitated. I too wonder why he didn't speak up and say "there seems to be a mistake here" or something like that. Obvious he was totally flummoxed and I guess he just froze, which is understandable. Impatient, Dunaway happened to see "La La Land" on the card and just blurted it out. She obviously didn't take a close look at the card. It was just a big mess, a fiasco.

by Anonymousreply 18February 28, 2017 3:25 PM

It was just a mistake, awkward, disappointing for LLL people but no one was victim of Literal Violence™(T.Inc.). It's been and gone. Over. Done.

Le Fin.

by Anonymousreply 19February 28, 2017 3:29 PM

Did no one notice that he looked in the envelope to see if there was another card in there? He knew he had the wrong card. And, yes, it looked like he showed it to her with a WTF? expression, but she just saw the name of the movie, she probably didn't even see Emma Stone's name. She was looking for the name of the movie, and, when she saw it, she read it. Don't forget that they are both old and more than likely need reading glasses to read, yet neither wore them, which would have made reading the card difficult. Also, even though they are actors, they were probably still nervous and jittery onstage, so they didn't have all their wits about them. Who amongst us would have had the wherewithal to stop the show and say "I think we have the wrong card."? I'm not sure I would.

by Anonymousreply 20February 28, 2017 3:30 PM

Warren was far more culpable than Faye.

by Anonymousreply 21February 28, 2017 3:33 PM

They died together in "Bonnie and Clyde" and they died together on Oscar night.

by Anonymousreply 22February 28, 2017 3:39 PM

[quote]Give that woman an awesomely fierce TV series!

I wish Ryan Murphy would give her a call. As well as calling Cathy Moriarty. That's what he does best. Giving talented post-menopausal hags TV time.

by Anonymousreply 23February 28, 2017 3:42 PM

R23 Ryan should have called her for Feud! Think she would have done it?

by Anonymousreply 24February 28, 2017 3:52 PM

At least making a cameo.

by Anonymousreply 25February 28, 2017 3:56 PM

Faye knows what she did.

by Anonymousreply 26February 28, 2017 4:08 PM

[quote]He felt pressure and probably felt Faye was getting impatient with him and to me it looked like he was showing her the card to 1) make her understand his confusion and /or 2) see if she could make any sense of it.

He did what men like him always do: encountered a problem and handed it off to a woman to deal with.

by Anonymousreply 27February 28, 2017 4:19 PM

[quote]He did what men like him always do: encountered a problem and handed it off to a woman to deal with.

As usual, the woman screwed it up.

by Anonymousreply 28February 28, 2017 4:20 PM

He is just as guilty because he said "and the academy award goes to..."

by Anonymousreply 29February 28, 2017 4:21 PM

What's done is done. At least it added some great drama. Oscars are best when this kind of fun stuff goes down. This ceremony will always be remembered.

by Anonymousreply 30February 28, 2017 4:26 PM

I love Faye Dunaway.

I keep hearing people saying that Warren didn't have his glasses, which is absurd. The reason he was so confused was because he could clearly read what was on the card, and what was on the card did not match the category they were presenting. After that it was brain farts all the way down.

by Anonymousreply 31February 28, 2017 4:27 PM

Still think Warren was drunk/stoned out of his mind and that's why he couldn't function.

by Anonymousreply 32February 28, 2017 4:29 PM

There are rumors he is seniille I think it may be true.

by Anonymousreply 33February 28, 2017 4:31 PM

Warren hesitated but didn't speak up because he knew all of DL would call him out for being old and befuddled. He wanted Faye to see the card and help him but she just blurted out LLL as the winner.

by Anonymousreply 34February 28, 2017 4:32 PM

I think they were great. It was that fat necked Brian Cullinan of PwC who is to blame for this debacle.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35February 28, 2017 4:33 PM

He doesn't have to be senile--he's a Hollywood actor, which is a job only other Hollywood actors think takes any sort of brains whatsoever. Moreover, despite his pretensions, he was an actor who got where he is largely based on his looks, and that kind is even less prone to thinking on its feet than the homelier kind.

by Anonymousreply 36February 28, 2017 4:34 PM

I'd cut him some slack. Most actors are an incoherent loss if they are on their own. I'm 50 years younger than Beatty but if it were me, I would take twice as long staring at the envelope, peering at the card and grinning embarrassedly to myself.

Jordon Horowitz is an excellent producer for sorting that shit out on stage. You know who is a bad producer? Fred Berger, the douchebro who gave a speech even though he had been told they had lost and even told the audience as much. What a prick.

by Anonymousreply 37February 28, 2017 4:41 PM

It wasn't Beatty or Faye's job to make good a simple but colossal error. They shouldn't shoulder any blame, even if they're cosseted elderstars. Why should they have prepared for an error unknown in the history of the event? They were presented with the equivalent of a cruel practical joke, before billions. Undeservedly. The PWC big cheeses should face the billions Beatty and Faye faced, and apologise for their world-class fuck-up.

by Anonymousreply 38February 28, 2017 4:46 PM

Everyone noticed he was looking for another card, r20. It got a decent laugh from the audience. That and looking off stage made it seem like he was astonished at the name on the card.

Which he was, but at the time we all thought it meant "Holy cow, this is the winner?" Later we realized his looks meant, "Wait, how can Emma Stone be the Best Picture"?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39February 28, 2017 4:46 PM

Faye is such a nasty old cunt. I'm glad she's being ridiculed. She should have known Emma Stone couldn't win Best Picture. Stupid twat!

by Anonymousreply 40February 28, 2017 4:54 PM

FINALLY This is the statement that matters - and it puts the blame on BOTH of the asswipe PWC staff - if one made a mistake, the other was there TO CORRECT HIS OR HER ERROR - the woman - who posed with him on the red carpet - did shit:

PwC takes full responsibility for the series of mistakes and breaches of established protocols during last night's Oscars," PwC wrote. It said its partner, Brian Cullinan, mistakenly handed presenters Warren Beatty and Faye Dunaway an envelope containing the winner of the best actress award.

"Once the error occurred, protocols for correcting it were not followed through quickly enough by Mr. Cullinan or his partner," the statement read.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41February 28, 2017 4:55 PM

I think Warren has significant hearing loss problems too. I saw a reporter ask him a question about a year ago and Warren said "what?" The reporter repeated the question and Warren looked at his wife and repeated "what?" She said "never mind it doesn't matter". It could have been cognitive decline but it seemed like hearing loss. Also even mild cognitive decline is made temporarily worse by an overstimulating environment like all of the lights, crowd and loud music.

by Anonymousreply 42February 28, 2017 4:57 PM

Warren at least had the presence of mind to hold onto the Emma Stone envelope and explain what happened right away. I'll give him credit for that - and yes, Faye deserves to be acting again, or at least on some Ryan Murphy show. She has a book coming out this year, right?

by Anonymousreply 43February 28, 2017 4:59 PM

The Oscars people should be grateful to both Warren and Faye because this little fuck up is the only atleast midly interesting thing that happened there.

by Anonymousreply 44February 28, 2017 5:00 PM

Christ, it was just an incorrect envelope. It's not like a bomb went off. People really need to get over themselves and what they do. Hollywood is not THAT important.

I'm not going off on Faye, I just find the whole thing is so fucking overblown and overwrought. It amazes me how so many in Hollywood and its zombie fans think they and what they say matters.....most of us don't give a shit what comes tumbling out of their hypocritical, mindless heads.

by Anonymousreply 45February 28, 2017 5:03 PM

R45 I agree to a point. The problem is the producers of La La Land gave these heartfelt speeches and then in a split second had the Oscars snatched away from them . Producers in the film industry work all their lives for a moment like this. Not to mention the producers of Moonlight were robbed of what could've been a bigger moment for them. No it's not the end of the world but it's incredibly awkward for all involved. All could've been avoided if the PW guy or Warren or Faye just would've read what category was on the outside of the envelope.

by Anonymousreply 46February 28, 2017 5:12 PM

Well R45 It's not the apocalypse but the film that won best picture didn't get its due and it was a significant. It was basically an all black cast in a coming of age movie about a gay man. This was a first in many ways and the celebration was definitely diluted. Now the conversation isn't about the film but the mix up. I doubt the small movie will even see a post Oscar bounce like you normally get.

by Anonymousreply 47February 28, 2017 5:14 PM

r46 You could have stopped after "All could've been avoided if the PW guy DID HIS FUCKING JOB!"

by Anonymousreply 48February 28, 2017 5:16 PM

[quote] Not to mention the producers of Moonlight were robbed of what could've been a bigger moment for them.

I'd argue that the gaffe actually shined a bigger light on their win. If the whole mistake hadn't happened, I honestly don't think that many people would still be talking about it today.

by Anonymousreply 49February 28, 2017 5:17 PM

R49 I think the producers of Moonlight would've preferred this all be avoided and had the stage to themselves.It's quite a significant best pic victory in terms of budget, box office (both low) and subject matter (young gay black man coming of age). The most progressive pic ever to win best picture Oscar. Considering what the Academy prefers in its best picture it would be still be talked about today minus the envelope issue.

by Anonymousreply 50February 28, 2017 5:23 PM

Again, R50, I disagree. While historic, I don't think that many people would be talking about it today, otherwise.

by Anonymousreply 51February 28, 2017 5:26 PM

R51 film fans yes. The general public at large maybe not I give you that.

by Anonymousreply 52February 28, 2017 5:33 PM

It's been reported the man who gave Warren Beatty the wrong envelope had just finished tweeting a picture of Emma Stone he just snapped. It's akin to distracted driving and every other human mistake which is a result of our obsession with the electronic device in our hands. Put the phones away, people. Pay attention to what is going on around you and realize your distraction affects other people and the situations around you.

As well, half of those unsuspecting tourists did not realize what was going on because they were looking at life through their cameras. They've created their own virtual reality. What a moment, to be greeted by some of the most celebrated people on Earth, and they don't lower their cameras to feel the entirety of it. What a waste.

by Anonymousreply 53February 28, 2017 5:34 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54February 28, 2017 5:37 PM

[quote]It's been reported the man who gave Warren Beatty the wrong envelope had just finished tweeting a picture of Emma Stone he just snapped.

It was quite the night for Emma Stone. If Faye had really done her job, Emma would have gone up to receive the award for Best Picture. Even Meryl hasn't managed that, yet.

by Anonymousreply 55February 28, 2017 6:02 PM

Oh for fuck's sake, they were live in front of a billion people. They were nervous as all presenters are. Of course all you queens sitting in your caftans shoveling Haagen Daz into your pie holes think you would be cool, clam and collected. You wouldn't be.

by Anonymousreply 56February 28, 2017 9:59 PM

Faye is a senile old cunt.

by Anonymousreply 57February 28, 2017 10:14 PM

Faye can't really act anymore. I saw her in a recent Thanksgiving-themed Hallmark movie with Daphne Zuniga and she was terrible.

by Anonymousreply 58February 28, 2017 10:47 PM

It's cool that she's not shirking from it, or freaking out blaming others. It was a historical fuck-up that had a lot of moving parts; but shit happens. I appreciate she's taking it in stride and acknowledging her own role.

by Anonymousreply 59February 28, 2017 10:52 PM

When are people ever going to remember her for POSITIVE things!

by Anonymousreply 60February 28, 2017 10:57 PM

Don't understand all the hate.

Don't understand all the hate. You'd think she said something nice about Trump! Your little lives will go on, silly people.

by Anonymousreply 61February 28, 2017 11:01 PM

Miss Dunaway is a repre-HENS-sible cunt!

by Anonymousreply 62February 28, 2017 11:01 PM

Team Faye! This will SO be her comeback. And she really did look back on her game that night.

by Anonymousreply 63February 28, 2017 11:04 PM

"The most progressive pic ever to win best picture Oscar. "

Well it won't be obvious now because of the mix-up, but the revision of the Academy's general population to include more minorities and a YOUNGER more diverse membership brought the win to MOONLIGHT. The reason the film got 14 fucking nominations is because it reminded the old guard of days gone by, as well as the only black people were dancers or John Legend, in a stereotypical role as a jazz musician. Once the newer membership saw the films, the backlash against La La Land began immediately and Moonlight won.

A few other points to note - the once-standard idea that the Best Picture and Best Director almost always go to the same film should be retired. In the last 5 years it happened once.

Also, opening your movie in December is no guarantee of anything. I don't have the exact numbers, but more than a few of the past average Oscar Best Picture winners began life BEFORE DECEMBER.

Moonlight opened in October and began its life at various festivals earlier in the year.

by Anonymousreply 64February 28, 2017 11:08 PM

Jesus Christ the old witch Faye has OLD looking hands! When various outlets were zooming in on them to see the front of the envelope, all I saw were 150 year old looking hands on the old bitch. Gross!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 65February 28, 2017 11:17 PM

Warren wanted LaLaLand to win, not Moonlight. And when he realized what had happened he hesitated, as if to say "I wonder how far this will go if I just go along with it."

Well, the ruse lasted for about two or three minutes and that was it.

by Anonymousreply 66February 28, 2017 11:19 PM

She needs to be cast for American Horror Story: Award Show.

by Anonymousreply 67February 28, 2017 11:21 PM

[quote]It was a historical fuck-up that had a lot of moving parts;

Indeed, an ensemble piece of high farce, directed by PWC.

by Anonymousreply 68March 1, 2017 7:11 AM

Where are the cashews?!?

by Anonymousreply 69March 1, 2017 11:12 AM

[[[Why the hell didn't Warren Beatty or Faye Dunaway notice the gold writing on the envelope or the name "Emma Stone - LaLa Land" on the card??? ]]]

I'm a lot younger than they are, but I need reading glasses, and these two camera hogs wouldn't have been caught dead in reading glasses. But even if they'd both had granny glasses on, nobody checks those envelopes. Perhaps the rehearsals should add checking the envelope to the drill, but the presenters just take them, pull the card out, and then do their bit in trade-off order. Her order was to say the winner after he said the nominees or whatever he said first. Regardless of what he's telling everyone after the fact, I don't agree it was "obvious" he was hesitating over something. Maybe he was, maybe he wasn't. But for sure, it was in no way obvious to Faye or communicated by him to Faye, that there was any issue when he passed her the envelope. He did and said nothing that would have tipped her off. And when she read the "winner" he didn't look puzzled or flummoxed for even a split second, but gave a big grin and turned to applaud the "winner", regardless of what he's saying now. I think Faye's party remarks about effing it up were jokes, and good on her. PWC effed it up, the presenters did not, and piling on one or the other, or both, is just the Twittersphere bubble pipe.

by Anonymousreply 70March 1, 2017 11:22 AM

[quote], I don't agree it was "obvious" he was hesitating over something.

At least you already admitted you need glasses.

by Anonymousreply 71March 1, 2017 12:08 PM

Yes, I need READING glasses. No visual problems with grokking what was and wasn't discernible in the moment up there. Warren Beatty's "hesitations" were minimal and totally interpretable as just fidgeting around. The question is why he's tried to hard to spin it otherwise after the fact. Even if /though he totally missed it, it wasn't his fault.

by Anonymousreply 72March 1, 2017 1:06 PM

Everyone is saying that Faye is as nasty as ever. Old bitch!

by Anonymousreply 73March 1, 2017 1:13 PM

Maybe reconsider that R72. Seemed pretty obvious to everyone else.

by Anonymousreply 74March 1, 2017 1:20 PM

Pwc should be fired from this job.

by Anonymousreply 75March 1, 2017 1:24 PM

[quote]Warren Beatty's "hesitations" were minimal and totally interpretable as just fidgeting around.

meh. Seemed pretty clear to me that the way he was acting that there was something off and he didn't know what to do. Someone could think he was "fidgeting around," based on Faye's reaction to him, but if you were just paying attention to him, seems clear.

by Anonymousreply 76March 1, 2017 1:25 PM

A quick-witted person would've reacted differently from how Warren did. So I blame him.

Faye or whoever is partnered with Warren would've done exactly the same thing - announce the name of the movie you see in the envelope that your partner just showed you - as they've rehearsed.

by Anonymousreply 77March 1, 2017 1:52 PM

Beatty has presented best pic twice before in 1975 and 1990 . Both times went off without a hitch. He tore open the envelopes and read the winners. Granted it was a long time ago. Little bit of the problem was the cheap ass cards and envelopes the Academy had this year. Smaller type and harder to read with the category way at the bottom of the card. You would think during rehearsal they would've covered all this but it was an unlikely bunch of occurrences that somehow managed to happen. It'll never happen again I'm sure.

by Anonymousreply 78March 1, 2017 2:17 PM

How many people under 35 knew who Faye was? I bet not many knew who Warren was either.

by Anonymousreply 79March 1, 2017 2:21 PM

I bet a lot of GAY people under 30 know who Faye is, Waren probably not so much.

by Anonymousreply 80March 1, 2017 2:28 PM

It shows how social-media idiocy has undermined even something like the Oscars' best picture award. The idiot was on his phone and camera tweeting.

If anything finally happens to Trump it will be because a SS agent is sending his bf a photo of his cock outside the Oval Office door.

by Anonymousreply 81March 1, 2017 2:53 PM

R11 has it right.

by Anonymousreply 82March 1, 2017 4:07 PM

[quote]Warren Beatty's "hesitations" were minimal and totally interpretable as just fidgeting around. The question is why he's tried to hard to spin it otherwise after the fact. Even if /though he totally missed it, it wasn't his fault.

He was fidgeting and talking slow and then loud because he was expecting the person holding the right envelope would actually pull it out of his ass and run on stage with it.

by Anonymousreply 83March 1, 2017 4:19 PM

Bonnie and Clyde got away with it ONE LAST TIME, and left us all in the dust.

by Anonymousreply 84March 1, 2017 4:20 PM

I've never been a big fan of her's. I watched her on a Columbo episode recently and was surprised how much I liked her on it. She had a warmth I wasn't used to, didn't masticate the scenery, and had a nice chemistry with Falk.

by Anonymousreply 85March 1, 2017 4:25 PM

R85 she won an Emmy for that.

by Anonymousreply 86March 1, 2017 4:45 PM

The observers who think it was "clear" Beatty saw something was off, were facing him. No way Faye woulda/coulda gotten that given his passivity. Not that I think either of them did a damn thing wrong. Hope they bring them back to do BP next year.

by Anonymousreply 87March 1, 2017 5:19 PM

[quote]cool, clam and collected

Heh. Clam.

by Anonymousreply 88March 1, 2017 5:34 PM

If only R81 From your lips to God's ears.

by Anonymousreply 89March 1, 2017 5:39 PM

Here's the deal:

The CATEGORY needs to be written on the CARD in addition to the ENVELOPE. Duh.

I can't believe this is not already Oscar protocol. Why wouldnt it be?

by Anonymousreply 90March 1, 2017 5:57 PM

It is, r90. Haven't you seen pictures of the card?

by Anonymousreply 91March 1, 2017 5:58 PM

R86 - Huh, I did not know that. Good for her.

by Anonymousreply 92March 1, 2017 6:00 PM

My bad R90 -- I've only seen pics of cards for other other categories, which do not list the category name.

by Anonymousreply 93March 1, 2017 6:04 PM

R90 The problem was this year it's way down on the card in small type I'll bet they'll change the cards going forward to and the best picture is... INSIDE the envelope.

by Anonymousreply 94March 1, 2017 6:08 PM

Something tells me if warren had said there's a mistake here and had they given them the right card there'd be conspiracies about the sjw warren or something and a "fix".

by Anonymousreply 95March 1, 2017 6:33 PM

Well actually Faye did fuck up. Warren was trying to be discreet. He knew something was wrong. When she pressed him, he showed her the envelope. But instead of Ol Faye reading it "Best Actress in a leading role Emma Stone LaLa Land, " Faye snatched the envelope and read the movie title, as if it were the correct category.

If she had read what he was showing her, she could have bantered playfully while encouraging Warren to get help. Or Warren could have announced that "we have the wrong card here, this belongs to Emma Stone. "

But instead, all those people came on stage, started making speeches, then there was the frantic running around, then the announcements, and then Warren attempting to explain, and all through this Barry Jenkins and the cast and producers of the Best Picture were overshadowed by this clusterfuck of bullshit.

So yeah, she needs to own some of it, just like Warren should. We can say well, the guy from PWC fucked up and yes, he did. But his fuck up was compounded threefold.

by Anonymousreply 96March 1, 2017 6:35 PM

Faye is a fuck up. Cunt.

by Anonymousreply 97March 1, 2017 7:01 PM

Maybe in all that split-second confusion - which probably felt like hours to Beatty - one of the panicked voices in his head said 'Yeah, wrong card, but it could still be LLL for the win' - so when he handed it to nagging Faye, and she blurted, he had about a minute of semi-believing he, they, had got away with it. Until the correction came. Unfair of Kimmel instantly, publicly, to blame Beatty.

by Anonymousreply 98March 1, 2017 7:27 PM

I actually think Warren probably got confused and just figured that the winner was in fact La La Land but they had misprinted the card and included Emma Stone's name on it along with the movie title.

by Anonymousreply 99March 1, 2017 7:34 PM

It's all fruit of the poisonous tree, and the tree was Brian Cullinan from PwC. He had been instructed by the Academy not to tweet during the show. He did so anyway, and it caused him to fuck up his job. Warren can't be blamed for not having the presence of mind to immediately know how to deal with it, nor can Faye for not knowing that Warren was showing her the card to say "look, a goof" instead of "here's the name, read it."

by Anonymousreply 100March 1, 2017 10:37 PM

God, you people are stupid. Warren Beatty was obviously not "drunk" or "stoned" or "senile." Something totally unexpected happened and he wasn't sure what to do and that is completely understandable. He probably could have handled the situation better, but in a moment like that a lot of people would have been at a loss. And all this absolving Faye Dunaway of all blame is pretty stupid, too. She was the one who blurted out "La La Land", which was a momentous mistake. All this trying to blame everything on Beatty is ridiculous.

by Anonymousreply 101March 2, 2017 3:17 PM

r101 - Thank you Annette.

by Anonymousreply 102March 2, 2017 3:25 PM

Shows you the difference between stage actors and screen actors, a stage actor would have known what to do. You can bet your sweet ass if it had been Hollis Resnik and Boyd Gaines this whole fiasco would never have happened.

by Anonymousreply 103March 2, 2017 3:26 PM

I don't blame her a bit. That whole system is not set up to ask questions. It's pretty clear that it was entirely understandable. If anything I just wish Warren would have said, "Hey, guys, I think we have the wrong envelope."

I don't blame him per se - I understand his reaction and hers, but the place it could have been changed was during his silence.

The Academy needs to take a look at its process, anyway. It sounds like the fat douche who was running the envelope thing was at fault.

by Anonymousreply 104March 2, 2017 3:31 PM

The PWC people really fucked up:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 105March 2, 2017 4:35 PM

[quote]I actually think Warren probably got confused and just figured that the winner was in fact La La Land but they had misprinted the card and included Emma Stone's name on it along with the movie title.

Jesus, he didn't figure that the winner was in fact La La Land. He looked in the envelope for another card, the BEST PICTURE card. Pay attention. I hope that gracious LaLa producer at least got the wrong card signed by Beatty and Dunaway.

by Anonymousreply 106March 2, 2017 5:17 PM

A librarian with a sense of humour...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 107March 5, 2017 7:14 PM

She thinks using a sewer mouth makes it any better. No wonder her career is as dried up as Madonna's vadge.

by Anonymousreply 108March 5, 2017 7:28 PM

Faye got more publicity than she had in decades. What does she care?

by Anonymousreply 109March 5, 2017 8:36 PM

Brian Cullinan caused it, and made it worse. He had plenty of time during the presentation of the nominees to rush out and ge the correct envelope to Warren, who was not on camera during that time. Instead of doing that, what was Brian doing? Anything except his job. Even after Faye said "La La Land," he still let it go while the 3 speeches from La La Land were being made. He's 100% to blame.

by Anonymousreply 110March 6, 2017 3:01 AM

Looks like she's playing in 'Christian' movies, after a long dry spell.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 111March 6, 2017 3:17 AM

I saw her at a Mail Boxes Etc once sending about 100 faxes with “FROM THE DESK OF FAYE DUNAWAY” emblazoned on the top and it is my favorite celebrity sighting EVER.

by Anonymousreply 112March 6, 2017 3:38 AM

A friend and I were visiting WB backlot one time and a kindly fellow gay guy caught up to us and alerted us that she was directing a short one "street" over. So we just happened to turn there. Barely caught a glimpse of her and I wonder what happened to that short because I don't remember ever seeing nor hearing about it and this was in 2001. Did she ever direct a feature or TV movie?

by Anonymousreply 113March 6, 2017 3:47 AM

The cunt can't direct shit.

by Anonymousreply 114March 6, 2017 8:35 AM

She's been trying to direct and star in a film about Maria Callas for years. My friend was a part of that. Man, what a shitshow.

by Anonymousreply 115March 6, 2017 10:51 AM

Faye is still milking the Oscar story.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 116April 25, 2017 5:25 AM

Leave the poor woman alone.

by Anonymousreply 117April 23, 2018 2:49 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!