Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Hollywood True Story: Faye and Warren

Faye "demanded"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32April 23, 2018 2:49 PM

[quote] Hours before their massive blunder at the Oscars on Feb. 27, Warren Beatty and Faye Dunaway were already having some problems working together, according to a new report.

Imagine, difficulties working with Faye?! So hard to believe.

by Anonymousreply 1February 28, 2017 1:58 AM

R1 actually, she has a reputation for being very difficult, on and off the set.

by Anonymousreply 2March 8, 2017 6:11 PM

R2 is conjuring up major emotions, makes me wants to take care of him or her. Anyone else?

by Anonymousreply 3March 8, 2017 6:21 PM

It was NOT their fault. Beatty was justifiably flustered, Faye did what Faye does and the mistake is squarely on the producers. I hate that two Oscar-winning seniors are being characterised as doddering old fools.

by Anonymousreply 4March 8, 2017 6:31 PM

Honestly, if I were in Faye's shoes, I would have done the same thing.

by Anonymousreply 5March 8, 2017 6:51 PM

GLADIATOR!

by Anonymousreply 6March 8, 2017 6:54 PM

R6 did Liz ever get ridiculed for that? I mean, it was just the Golden Globes, but I remember people fawning over her for that than downright making fun of her.

by Anonymousreply 7March 8, 2017 7:23 PM

R5 which is?

by Anonymousreply 8March 8, 2017 7:24 PM

[quote]Faye did what Faye does and the mistake is squarely on the producers.

The producers of the telecast or the produces of LA LA LAND?

I may be the only one, but I think the fault is entirely of the two PwC accountants, who 1) gave Beatty the wrong envelope, and 2) froze backstage instead of immediately going onto the stage to correct the problem.

by Anonymousreply 9March 8, 2017 7:26 PM

The show producers, r9. The show's producers should have supervised PWC -- as they will every year from this point forward. I think Warren and Faye were put in a terrible position. My heart breaks for the "Moonlight" team, they will never experience the euphoria of hearing the film being announced (properly) as the winner. A once in a lifetime experience flushed away by incompetence.

by Anonymousreply 10March 9, 2017 3:32 AM

R10 All good things come to those who wait.

by Anonymousreply 11March 9, 2017 3:52 AM

Maybe someone purposely gave her the wrong envelope.

I understand she's not terribly well liked.

by Anonymousreply 12March 9, 2017 4:02 AM

R12, they gave the wrong envelope to Beatty. Have you not been paying attention at all?

by Anonymousreply 13March 9, 2017 4:04 AM

I'm sorry R13 - the article said they agreed Dunaway would announce the winner at rehearsal.

Let me fix that: They purposely handed out the wrong envelope, knowing that Dunaway would be the one announcing the winner.

by Anonymousreply 14March 9, 2017 4:20 AM

The movie industry is dying and this is to keep you occupied elsewhere.

by Anonymousreply 15March 9, 2017 4:48 AM

"Hello, everybody out there! This is MRS. NORMAN MAINE!"

by Anonymousreply 16March 9, 2017 5:26 AM

What is "Gladiator!", and who is Liz?

by Anonymousreply 17March 9, 2017 5:28 AM

From page six of NY Post: “ Warren refused to let his rehearsal be filmed, which they needed to block out the entire show properly.” The source said that Beatty took off, “leaving Dunaway to do the entire rehearsal herself .?.?. He left once he was told it was to be televised for studio blocking and other telecast needs.”

So Warren is SO vain he left the rehearsal because it was to be filmed. Maybe if he had rehearsed with Faye, there would have been a different outcome. What a douche.

by Anonymousreply 18March 9, 2017 5:29 AM

here you go r17 this should answer your questions

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19March 9, 2017 5:32 AM

Faye didn't have time for that mess - she had a man waiting on her! From the Telegraph:

What to do when you're at the centre of the biggest shock in the 89-year history of the Oscars? Faye Dunaway showed how best to handle a crisis - by going to a party and having a drink. Shortly after "envelopegate" unfolded in front of hundreds of millions of TV viewers across the globe, the 76-year-old Hollywood icon was to be found relaxing beneath an 80ft-long chandelier inside the Vanity Fair party, an elegant looking concoction in hand. Resting her elbow languidly on a white table near the bar Dunaway was at pains to exonerate Warren Beatty, her friend of more than 50 years. "It wasn't Warren's fault," the Bonnie and Clyde star said firmly. "It was very quick, the card read that way." It was, she said, a "very odd thing." Dunaway seemed relatively unconcerned by the global controversy. After taking another sip from her cocktail she began chatting with a male companion about moving house before eventually heading home at 12.45am. Sympathy for Dunaway, Beatty, and host Jimmy Kimmel, was a common sentiment among party guests.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20March 9, 2017 6:13 AM

Warren wasn't going to read it out loud or let anyone else read it. He merely showed it to Faye as if to say, "Look at this mess". But she nervously blurted out the movie that was on the card.

It's Faye's fault.

Oh well, she is from Florida.

by Anonymousreply 21March 9, 2017 10:33 AM

I don't understand why people are still blaming Beatty and/or Dunaway, since it was discovered that the PwC people were totally at fault. First of all, for handing out the wrong envelope and secondly, for not immediately correcting the problem. Those were their two main jobs of the evening. Beatty and Dunaway were victims of circumstance.

by Anonymousreply 22March 9, 2017 12:47 PM

Faye is such a cunt. Miserable old bitch.

by Anonymousreply 23March 9, 2017 12:56 PM

Did the designer of Faye’s dress intend for those sleeve buttons to be buttoned? If not, why are they there?

by Anonymousreply 24March 9, 2017 12:57 PM

Most people expect adults to be able to read, even if they were given the wrong card. I'm pretty sure that their defenders are fellow olds

by Anonymousreply 25March 9, 2017 1:12 PM

R25 now you're just trollin'.

by Anonymousreply 26March 9, 2017 1:14 PM

I love Liz in that clip. What a great old broad.

by Anonymousreply 27March 9, 2017 1:42 PM

R22 yes the PWC guy is mostly to blame but if Beatty and Dunaway would've been on the ball more the fiasco never would've happened. Beatty looked at the card like three times and didn't say a word. Then he shoved it to Faye who didn't read the card completely either. It's incredible that something as simple as an Oscar winners card could by three different people and not realize it was a mistake. Plus the card and envelope design this year sucked which contributed in a small way too.

by Anonymousreply 28March 9, 2017 1:54 PM

Could get by I mean ^^

by Anonymousreply 29March 9, 2017 1:55 PM

[quote]All good things come to those who wait.

What rot.

by Anonymousreply 30March 9, 2017 2:03 PM

How hard did Kim Novak laugh out loud while watching Faye and Warren?

by Anonymousreply 31March 9, 2017 3:46 PM

They were adorable together.

by Anonymousreply 32April 23, 2018 2:49 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!