Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

DL is Poisoning My Soul

Either DL is poisoning my soul or I have been a nasty cunt all along and this is why I was led here so many years ago. The older i get the more I find myself judging everyone. I look at people and think how hideous their clothes are, how weird their bodies look, their hideous hair or how white trash they look. I used to be really kind. I think mean things about perfectly nice people and I am ashamed.

by Anonymousreply 41March 5, 2018 11:53 AM

MARY!

by Anonymousreply 1February 22, 2017 6:07 AM

I do think you should leave DL, OP.

Don't take this the wrong way, but if you used to be really kind, you never belonged here.

by Anonymousreply 2February 22, 2017 7:02 AM

Get out NOW!

by Anonymousreply 3February 22, 2017 7:05 AM

Dear Mother Theresa,

Please consider limiting your time on DL and online in general.

Your Religious Order needs you.

Thank you, Fellow DLers

by Anonymousreply 4February 22, 2017 7:30 AM

Honey, please do get a grip.

DL is for ventilating your nasty thoughts, like a sort of purge.

Think of it as a toilet of the mind.

And don't forget to flush!

by Anonymousreply 5February 22, 2017 7:39 AM

And by "flush", r5 means "hit 'Post' ".

by Anonymousreply 6February 22, 2017 8:26 AM

Well you ugly too OP

by Anonymousreply 7February 22, 2017 10:38 AM

I've always hated poor, ugly people and felt guilty about it, but DL validated my choices. I love DL.

by Anonymousreply 8February 22, 2017 11:17 AM

OP could be Andy Cohen?

by Anonymousreply 9February 22, 2017 1:41 PM

OP, you're soul was poisoned long before you found DL. It simply provided an outlet for your venom.

by Anonymousreply 10February 22, 2017 1:46 PM

Non-judgementalism is cowardice.

by Anonymousreply 11February 22, 2017 1:52 PM

Usually when people judge others for shallow things, I've found that they are very unhappy people.

by Anonymousreply 12February 22, 2017 1:52 PM

LOL at this thread. All it's missing is the caftans.

by Anonymousreply 13February 22, 2017 2:22 PM

Everyone on here suffers from low self esteem, so it feels good to put others down. Most people on here are angry, or frustrated. Truth.

by Anonymousreply 14February 22, 2017 2:28 PM

R12 needs to get from denial to acceptance: if you're

[quote]A non judgemental happy person

Then just what the hell are you doing here?

by Anonymousreply 15February 22, 2017 2:32 PM

The only problem I've ever really had with DL is going to other forums, forgetting I'm not on DL, and offending everyone.

I made a Bai Ling on the roof joke on Twitter once and had to delete it because "it's not funny to make fun of mental illness!"

by Anonymousreply 16February 22, 2017 3:15 PM

A lot of the posters here are seriously deranged. Psychiatric issues are everywhere (particularly the obsession with trolls). It's due to the fact that the core of the board are made up of AIDS crisis survivors who are sexless, friendless, and possibly jobless. So, they lash out at everyone / everything else, thinking that by being in a judgemental state 24/7, they are somehow superior. Combine that with generally bad reading comprehension and a low IQ.... and that's what is left. It used to be 1/20 posts were useless trash.... now it's more like 1/20 posts are interesting.

by Anonymousreply 17February 22, 2017 3:34 PM

I think R17 nails it. Lots and lots of psychos on this board now. Snark and bitchery are one thing, psychotic harassment of other posters, racist threads, deranged posts are another. Don't contribute to it.

by Anonymousreply 18February 22, 2017 3:45 PM

Psychotics, psychos, mentally ill, bi-polars, schizos, passive/aggressives, obsessives, anger issues, control issues. Just another day on DL.

by Anonymousreply 19February 22, 2017 3:51 PM

[quote]It used to be 1/20 posts were useless trash

Talk about rose-colored glasses. No. There were always trolls here, there were always some deranged folks here.

by Anonymousreply 20February 22, 2017 3:59 PM

I've seen a LOT of people claim they were being stalked or harassed when they weren't. You happen to see that someone you ignore is also posting crap in a bunch of other threads, you say something about it, and suddenly you're some "psychotic and sexless AIDS crisis survivor". It's ridiculous.

As for the seriously deranged, we have a small assortment of Trump trolls, trans trolls, Muslim trolls, but they change their IPs a lot and probably look like more people than they are. Then there's KELT, PMBT, the crazy person who shows up every few weeks to fantasize about murdering and raping women, and that one guy who posts and/or bumps threads 24/7. I can't think of any others who are even close to deranged. I'd bet we have less than a dozen deranged posters, all told.

When I see people saying that DL is full of psychotics who are deranged, I kinda wonder what their criteria for that is, or if there's some other beef they have that's causing them to label everyone mentally ill.

by Anonymousreply 21February 22, 2017 4:02 PM

You've been a nasty cunt all along OP. You're finally putting In writing, and you're shocking yourself.

by Anonymousreply 22February 22, 2017 4:05 PM

Op, if you are a homosexual, you don't have a soul to poison.

by Anonymousreply 23February 22, 2017 4:08 PM

R23, did you teach your adopted son Kobe to hate gays as much as you do?

by Anonymousreply 24February 22, 2017 4:12 PM

r14/ r17/r18/r19 -- what are you all doing here if you loathe most of the other posters and consider them psychos?

Are you masochists? Is that why you feel right at home here with the rest of us deplorables?

by Anonymousreply 25February 22, 2017 7:59 PM

DL is a pretty dark place. If you tend to get depressed, this place will bring you down fast.

by Anonymousreply 26February 22, 2017 8:05 PM

R25, I've said this before but it's because of the slot-machine effect. Every so often, you get a hilarious posts which makes the 100 shitty posts worth wading through. It's actually called "intermittent reinforcement" and it's one of the hardest forms of behavior to extinguish. Regular reinforcement goes away once the award goes away.

I don't really "hate all of the posters here" but for the record, I've been accused of being Poo Shoes, PPSM (whoever that is), and John/PBMT. The rare times I've started a thread about a story that happened to me, everyone just calls it an EST and acts like a cunt - so I stopped doing that (as have most people) because I suppose they don't leave the house. So, anything that could happen in their lives that isn't a suicide attempt or netflix binge is an EST.

by Anonymousreply 27February 22, 2017 8:07 PM

I'm currently sitting across the room from a homeless Mexican girl who constantly spits in a cup and laughs to herself. We're here to speak to our caseworkers who are blabbermouths.

If you think a message board is poisoning uou, unplug your controlled environment and interact with the world outside.

Shit, she coughs with her mouth open.

by Anonymousreply 28February 22, 2017 8:22 PM

Eww you sound poor r28.

by Anonymousreply 29February 23, 2017 6:42 AM

There are some obsessives but I think the majority of the folks here are just your everyday worker bees living lives of quiet desperation and venting. Trying to have a rational debate in the Trump-fixated political threads is just an exercise in futility so I mostly avoid them. There are a lot of really funny people here and occasionally some moments of genuine kindness. All the same, I'm glad for the anonymity.

by Anonymousreply 30February 23, 2017 12:23 PM

Sadly, R17 nails it. The "what pills are you on thread" is proof-- it's like a who's who of antidepressant/anti-anxiety meds. As does R27 with the "slot machine effect"

by Anonymousreply 31February 23, 2017 12:36 PM

"It is only shallow people who do not judge by appearances." Oscar Wilde

by Anonymousreply 32February 23, 2017 12:55 PM

R15 I just come here for the laughs, it's very funny here.

by Anonymousreply 33February 23, 2017 2:41 PM

R32, Wilde is queen of quotations. Thank you! Dear OP, dropping the facade should be celebrated. We all judge. That's the human condition. Now you're aware of it.

by Anonymousreply 34February 23, 2017 2:47 PM

poisoning? I'd say DL has introduced many posters to the very heart of that soul. What you do from there is up to you.

by Anonymousreply 35February 23, 2017 3:09 PM

Omg R17 you've nailed me to a T. Nail me again but use more live this time.

by Anonymousreply 36February 23, 2017 5:55 PM

Lube ^^^

by Anonymousreply 37February 23, 2017 5:56 PM
by Anonymousreply 38March 5, 2018 2:04 AM

OP, of the two options you present, I'd go with the latter.

by Anonymousreply 39March 5, 2018 2:07 AM

I think you're confusing your pussy and your soul, OP.

You're poisoning your pussy - that's why it smell so BAD!

by Anonymousreply 40March 5, 2018 9:21 AM

I laughed when I read the OP about the incident in the movie theatre.

by Anonymousreply 41March 5, 2018 11:53 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!