Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Bob Ralston and Jo Ann Castle (from Lawrence Welk) were child molesters?

OK...so I was minding my own business...responding in the Jazzy Vegetarian thread. When someone slagged Lawrence Welk, I defended him. Then that got me all nostalgic so I googled Jo Ann Castle. And up comes all this shit about her being a child molester. And Bob Ralston, too (OK, he supposedly had sex with teenage boys. That's actually not too hard to believe because he always seemed like a super repressed gay.)

Have you all heard anything about this before? Is this for real?

Thank God my grandparents are both dead.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26December 24, 2020 8:23 PM

This thread is making me horny as HELL!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1February 20, 2017 4:46 AM

Was Norma Zimmer implicated?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2February 20, 2017 4:51 AM

OP, Thanks for the thread. Damn, I used to watch "The Lawrence Welk Show" with my family as a child.

Now, I know that no one's perfect. But, I would have never guessed that Bob Ralston was a child molester. And, that Jo Ann Castle covered up for her husband's child molestation. Well, I guess you never really know what goes on behind the scenes until you pull the curtain. (Like the Wizard of Oz actually being just a man behind the curtain).

by Anonymousreply 3February 20, 2017 4:56 AM

So THAT'S why he never made a pass at us!

by Anonymousreply 4February 20, 2017 5:03 AM

Was Bobby Burgess ever photographed wearing nothing but his Mouseketeer ears?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5February 20, 2017 5:08 AM

Meh. Lil senorita Anacani was 12yr when I romper el tambor

by Anonymousreply 6February 20, 2017 5:09 AM

This chippy was my Bieber starting at age fourteen

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7February 20, 2017 5:15 AM

All that smiling and acting pure drove them over the edge. I blame you Larry, you cheap Viennese bastard.

by Anonymousreply 8February 20, 2017 5:16 AM

That's nothing! The Lennon sisters were practically a molestation assembly line!

by Anonymousreply 9February 20, 2017 5:31 AM

And here I always thought that the majority of child molesters were on Hee Haw.

by Anonymousreply 10February 20, 2017 8:25 AM

Was this true? I like Jo Ann's piano playing.

by Anonymousreply 11December 25, 2019 12:06 AM

Jo Ann was an amazing musician. No wonder she had so many issues if she was covering for a child abusing husband. My grandmother loved this show.

by Anonymousreply 12December 25, 2019 12:26 AM

Makes this even more creepy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13December 25, 2019 12:27 AM

I learned this tonight while enjoying a 1966 Lawrence Welk Christmas Special on Youtube. Something made me Google Jo Ann Castle after I watched play "Frosty the Snowman," as I remembered her fondly from the PBS reruns I'd watch with my mum. (I foolishly thought if I took piano lessons, I'd learn to play like her...fat chance.) I ended up watching another clip from 2007 in which Jo Ann looked very disheveled...like, really bad, with a side ponytail full of split ends. She mentioned her website at the end of the clip, and so I then Googled that to see if it still existed. It does, and boy does it spill the tea on her addictions and the child molestation stuff.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14December 24, 2020 7:10 AM

Were your grandparents molested by them?

by Anonymousreply 15December 24, 2020 7:12 AM

WTF? This is some crazy-ass shit.

by Anonymousreply 16December 24, 2020 1:11 PM

You can't tell me that a dick never passed through these lips.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17December 24, 2020 1:16 PM

R17 He looks like a blond version of the 40 Year Old Virgin.

by Anonymousreply 18December 24, 2020 1:27 PM

Now he looks like Ladybird Bachmann.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19December 24, 2020 1:32 PM

JoAnn Castle's life sounds like the template for that fat sow who is Honey Boo Boo's mother. Drugs, obesity and marrying child molesters.

by Anonymousreply 20December 24, 2020 1:34 PM

[quote]Thank God my grandparents are both dead.

"Both"? Most of us have four.

by Anonymousreply 21December 24, 2020 1:46 PM

Tom Netherton never married...you hit the nail on the head, R17! His Wikipedia said he did Triscuits commercials, so he must've been thought of by Nabisco as the male Sandy Duncan.

Here's the performance of Jo Ann Castle I watched where I knew something was up. Someone should've cared enough to've helped her with her hair. She probably had a gay assistant who she ran off with her boozing, using, and abusing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22December 24, 2020 1:50 PM

What utter bullshit OP. Whoever started a rumor like that is nuts.

by Anonymousreply 23December 24, 2020 2:14 PM

Uh, are you not seeing the news articles R23?

by Anonymousreply 24December 24, 2020 2:18 PM

Singer Tom Netherton, from I've heard has had boyfriends over the years, but none that lasted very long. He kept away from men during his Welk Show years. There was also a young accordion player in the later years of the show who is known to be gay, but was either married or engaged to a woman.

by Anonymousreply 25December 24, 2020 6:24 PM

Jo Ann has trump butt syndrome.

by Anonymousreply 26December 24, 2020 8:23 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!