Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Jazzy Vegetarian

A search revealed only a couple mentions over the past few years. I find it incomprehensible:

1)that this is a current show in production (in this century), and

2)that she hasn't been discussed and analyzed in customary DL form.

She's the...oh boy...WORST!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 143December 10, 2019 3:59 AM

That's horrifying, and I'm a vegetarian.

by Anonymousreply 1February 19, 2017 7:24 AM

Not quite as awful as Sandra Lee or Fanny Craddock, but if the Food Network gave her a budget she might be.

by Anonymousreply 2February 19, 2017 7:44 AM

It's a crime that she isn't a DL icon.

I think I finally accepted that my mother really did have dementia when she shhh'ed me when Ms. Jazzy started singing about a vegetable and then said, "Don't you just love her? She's so.........[italic]hep[/italic]." She did a little piano-playing jazz hands thing when she said it.

by Anonymousreply 3February 19, 2017 8:06 AM

She is a fat hog in a bad wig.

by Anonymousreply 4February 19, 2017 8:12 AM

CherryChocolateTacoCookiesTacoCookies, TAA-COOOO COOO-KIEEEES

by Anonymousreply 5February 19, 2017 8:21 AM

Oops

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6February 19, 2017 8:21 AM

She roasted veggies the other night. Imagine that... Roasted veggies!

by Anonymousreply 7February 19, 2017 8:35 AM

Her substitute for everything not vegan is tofu. Mmm yummy!

by Anonymousreply 8February 19, 2017 2:15 PM

My favorite was her [bold]New York New York[/bold] episode, where she kept insisting her recipes were like the fare served up in all "those Neeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew Yooooooooooooooooooork deleees." Of course, none of it bared any resemblance to anything you'd ever get in a deli, New York or elsewhere.

It was like New York being imagined by someone in Ottawa. In a time before air travel.

I won't even mention the nothing-at-all-to-do-with-jazz "singing" she thinks you want to hear her intone. At least she found a fan for her hepness in r3's poor old mom.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9February 19, 2017 2:40 PM

God awful, not just her food but her personality. What a waste of PBS. Did you ever see her do a recipe with that vegan "cheese"? That shit wouldn't melt if you put it on the sun. She must have something on someone to have gotten that show. There was another vegan cook on PBS, Christina, her stuff wasn't that terrible and at least she had a personality of sorts. I don't think Christina makes any new shows.

Seriously, if you're vegan I think just eat the basics and don't try to really turn it into something. Besides, all that soy based tofu they eat will probably give them cancer, especially the women.

by Anonymousreply 10February 19, 2017 2:41 PM

The music is horrendous and oppressive

by Anonymousreply 11February 19, 2017 2:59 PM

[quote]There was another vegan cook on PBS, Christina, her stuff wasn't that terrible and at least she had a personality of sorts. I don't think Christina makes any new shows.

I find Christina even more annoying and self-righteous, but I've only caught a couple of minutes of either of them. Tofu is terrible.

by Anonymousreply 12February 19, 2017 3:43 PM

Holy crap...[bold]Christina Cooks[/bold] was horrible, too. She was less frau-ish and thought she was a real Hot Mama...and she had a pianist/boyfriend who played on the show. AWFUL!

And that red mop! Oh man...

by Anonymousreply 13February 19, 2017 4:23 PM

Neither of them is on create during my usual watching time, 8-9 pm, when I catch Martha and ATK. I wish Ina would move to create. I also love Jacques and Julia.

I might have watched Lidia at one time, but ever since that story about the woman she held prisoner in her basement, I can't bring myself to listen to her voice, however much I might like her food.

Overall, though, create is where I watch cooking shows now.

by Anonymousreply 14February 19, 2017 4:31 PM

PBS stations across the country play Lawrence Welk episodes and have done so for years. This ridiculous cooking show fits right in.

by Anonymousreply 15February 19, 2017 4:58 PM

I watch the JV whenever I can - she's hilariously awful. Her little singing inserts during the cutaways are so bad, but she thinks she's just a hip, cool songbird. I hate when she has a so-called nutrition expert on, to give hard facts about how wonderful apples/cucumbers/quinoa, etc are. They are so serious and sanctimonious. Also, JV is rather hefty for someone who lives a vegan lifestyle - I don't get that.

JV is always throwing tamari in most of her recipes. Not familiar with it, but I wonder how it can be used in so many diverse dishes. She frequently mentions her husband - I would love to see him. I picture a guy that looks like Ed Asner during the MTM years.

by Anonymousreply 16February 19, 2017 5:15 PM

My mother love her. I have no idea why. The woman can't cook for shit

by Anonymousreply 17February 19, 2017 7:05 PM

I liked her better when she was Stevie Nicks.

Christina claims to have cured her acute myeloid leukemia through a macrobiotic diet alone and her husband claims to have reversed his severe osteoporosis with one. I haven't seen the book but macrobiotic logic on bones goes something like, eat lots of daikon because it's long, white, and hard, like we want our bones to be. Stay away from Swiss cheese.

The crazy little things like that, that she would casually drop in, were my favorite thing about her show: Never eat stir-fry at night if you want to get to sleep....you'll pick up the energy of being thrown around in a wok and toss and turn all night. Eating carrots sliced into circles will warm you like the sun. Once your diet reaches macrobiotic perfection, you'll no longer need to drink water.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18February 19, 2017 7:11 PM

r18!!!!!!!!!!

What a find! You must be her #1 fan!

The Christina tidbits were tasty, as well.

by Anonymousreply 19February 19, 2017 8:34 PM

Tony Fiore shows some skill and spicey recipes but I would be scared of her in person. She seems STRICT.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20February 19, 2017 9:11 PM

People like this make me want to eat cheeseburgers, coq au vin, and endless omelets.

by Anonymousreply 21February 19, 2017 9:18 PM

[quote]There was another vegan cook on PBS, Christina, her stuff wasn't that terrible and at least she had a personality of sorts. I don't think Christina makes any new shows.

Christina is a hard core right-wing bitch, the epitome of I've got money and fuck you. Her husband produced her show and they were equally awful. I knew someone who went to one of her seminars and walked out because they used it as a forum for their political views.

Toward the end of her series, she always looked miserable and grumpy. I think she was through with it but for some reason (maybe she was bound contractually) she was being pushed to continue. I used to watch Christina sometimes, but I never saw her cook anything I want to eat.

by Anonymousreply 22February 19, 2017 9:25 PM

"..various beige, clumpy desserts." Hahaha. Feinstein looked like he was going to urp on his 88s.

I'm sorry, but vegans are demented. Get a load of this Vegan Butter Lady. What a procedure for making what appears to be dog sick.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23February 19, 2017 10:05 PM

Not sure why it was acceptable for the Jazzy Vegetarian to become a vegan. False advertising, at the very least.

by Anonymousreply 24February 20, 2017 12:19 AM

Lidia is basically a one trick pony, everything, pasta, vegetables, meat is piled high with red sauce and cheese. It's all a glorified pizza slice. Julia and Jacques Pepin are wonderful, especially for learning technique. I used to like Ming when he did the show by himself. I hate the guest star thing. ATK is weird without Chris. I love A Chef's Life but I think the "star" Vivian is getting too big for her britches. She seems like she's the sun and everyone else has to revolve around her. I'll bet as soon as the show goes off the air she and her husband divorce. He's clearly miserable.

It's like the show that used to be on PBS, Caprial & John's, as soon as the show was over so was the marriage.

I do love Martha, not so much as a person, but as a cook. Everything of hers I ever tried came out great. Some recipes are too extensive and call for a too much prep and bowls and pots. She has people to to the prep and clean up afterwards, I don't. So those I don't make.

by Anonymousreply 25February 20, 2017 1:33 AM

I can't stand Ming's fratboy/douche voice.

ATK is weird without Chris. It's jarring to listen to Julia and Bridget explain everything to each other. We've watched the show for so long, we know each knows as much about the other as the other is spouting at any given moment. It would make more sense if someone would play dummy like Kimball did for all those years. Maybe they could explain everything to Dan instead of Chris.

by Anonymousreply 26February 20, 2017 3:54 AM

The new Summer-Break Bridget is jarring, to say that least.

by Anonymousreply 27February 20, 2017 4:08 AM

Are you the "ung-yin" troll, R27?

by Anonymousreply 28February 20, 2017 4:12 AM

Hey, R15, leave Lawrence Welk alone! He's way better than this shit show.

by Anonymousreply 29February 20, 2017 4:27 AM

We have one, r28? If there's already an ung-yin troll I'd like to volunteer my services during his off-hours, and I know I'd do a good job.

Put in a good word for me?

by Anonymousreply 30February 20, 2017 4:38 AM

They took JV away from my PBS station this autumn. PBS added PBS Kids channel but we didn't get Create in this market. Looks like JV is on Create now, so I can't watch her anymore. She was silly but she got oldsters - a group that is difficult to convert - interested in healthier and more vegetarian eating.

Tamari is a type of wheat-free soy sauce, R16. It adds a meat-like richness (now called umami) to foods, and like other soy sauce, it is about 3/8 salt by volume (1 tbsp soy sauce is about 1 1/8 tsp salt).

by Anonymousreply 31February 20, 2017 5:28 AM

My local public station has not been playing her recently, but last year when my bf and I accidentally stumbled upon her horrid show we actually were laughing so hard that my stomach was hurting. This show is absolutely comedy. I make my friends watch her shows on DVR. Her food looks awful and everything that she does is so fucking lazy. Laura Theodore's use of that terrible Dried Mixed Italian Seasoning in everything and the way that she just boils those poorly diced vegetables in water (she very rarely uses much of any olive oil at all) - she is terrible. Her horrid food is not the reason to watch this show - the SOLE reason is when she breaks into song about cranberry muffins or eggplant stack-ups. The seriousness in which she serrenades her viewers with ridiculous song describing her cullinary creations - it has to be seen (and heard) to be appreciated. Her closing theme song will both break your windows and give you a seizure. Worth a look!

by Anonymousreply 32February 20, 2017 5:37 AM

Thank you, r32. I've been dying FOR YEARS watching her in complete disbelief. I can't believe DL hasn't been celebrating her jazziness all this time.

I can't believe this show is (was?) being produced NOW. It really is completely awful food that seems like a 1970s attempt at a vegetarian cooking show...as though the past 40 years of all-vegetable cuisine hasn't been developed and become part of the culture.

She still talks about a vegetarian cuisine in terms of "no one will know" or "you won't miss the meat." Like she's fooling her hubby into eating a brown rice casserole. It's all so anachronistic...crazy! Not to mention her warbling!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33February 20, 2017 7:58 AM

by Anonymousreply 34February 25, 2017 5:48 AM

Not one joke with the phrase "Jizzy Vegetarian?"

Tsk. Tsk.

by Anonymousreply 35February 25, 2017 5:56 AM

r35, we were being polite, waiting for you to show up.

by Anonymousreply 36February 25, 2017 6:19 AM

Sing along, DL!

[bold]Theme song:[/bold]

Jazzy

You're gonna be healthy

With the jazzy vegetarian

Jazzy

So snazzy

We're gonna cook something healthy and light

Sha dat'n dwee ya dwee da da

Sha dat'n dwee da doo da

Jazzy

So snazzy

We're gonna cook something healthy and light

THAT'S RIGHT!

[bold]Closing song:[/bold]

Organic love

100% natural

Yes it is, now

Organic love

I got no additives

Or no preservatives

It's real intuitive

It's downright primitive

Ooooor-ganic love

Is 100% natural

Yes it is, now

by Anonymousreply 37February 25, 2017 6:21 AM

R37 - LOVE IT! Do you have the words to her newer ending? It must be used as torture in third-world countries.

by Anonymousreply 38February 25, 2017 6:33 AM

Not yet, but I'll get there. I'm sitting here icing my broken toe and binge-watching her Vimeo channel on a Friday night, which isn't as miserable as it sounds, because I have...

[bold]MANGO![/bold]

Mango

Mango sorbet

It's a beautiful, beautiful

Jazzylicious day

by Anonymousreply 39February 25, 2017 6:45 AM

r37/r39, you are a saint for doing that.

by Anonymousreply 40February 25, 2017 7:20 AM

I can't stand Ming's fratboy/douche voice.

The Create voice I cannot listen to is Joanne Weird. She always uses a fake gooey children's librarian voice that's like fingernails on a blackboard.

I'm glad Chris Kimball is gone. I got to the point where I hated him and his insistence that every recipe conform to his nursery tastes. Yeah, Chris, we know you hate thyme and garlic and you can't handle spicy foods. Grow up, ugly boy.

by Anonymousreply 41February 25, 2017 11:03 PM

I liked the original Joanne Weir program, in which she taught Italian cooking. I realize most of what she does now applies the same concepts, but I don't watch her anything like regularly. I don't watch Lidia, either, as much as I love Italian food. Ever since she held that woman hostage in her basement, a story I found too creepy and too specific to be anything but true, I haven't been able to stomach her.

by Anonymousreply 42February 26, 2017 2:27 AM

[quote] I don't watch Lidia

I will watch the show but have to switch channels when she eats the food. The way she chews drives me insane.

by Anonymousreply 43February 26, 2017 7:55 AM

Where's the hysterical filthy jewelry on dirty chefs troll?

She hasn't thrown a fit in months...

by Anonymousreply 44February 26, 2017 8:26 AM

R43, I think she chews funny because she tastes food as soon as she takes it out of the oven or pan and her mouth has to be on fire. I'm not sure you can taste food when it's that hot. She's the only one I ever see take an actual bite of food; most only take a tiny taste of the sauce to see if it's seasoned right.

by Anonymousreply 45February 26, 2017 8:16 PM

She's on now. Create Channel. 10:30 am eastern, Saturday, March 4.

by Anonymousreply 46March 4, 2017 2:26 PM

I couldn't take more than a couple of minutes. She made “quiche”: for the crust, garbanzo flour, sesame tahini, non-dairy milk. Ugh. You can’t even roll it out like real pastry. Ewww…tofu instead of eggs.

Not even hatewatchable. Too disgusting.

by Anonymousreply 47March 4, 2017 3:14 PM

It's like 1972!

Her brunch menu was: eggless tofu scramble, fake (gray) bacon, fake (gray) French toast. I missed the first 10 minutes, but there was no bonus singing during today's (2011) episode.

I looked, and she does, indeed, do the Twitter, but it's not very amusing/hate-amusing.

LOL I can't take it!

by Anonymousreply 48March 4, 2017 9:24 PM

Golden Earrings and Caftans

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49March 4, 2017 9:29 PM

bump

by Anonymousreply 50October 4, 2017 6:37 AM

Obviously she was murdered by the crew immediately after this pilot episode was taped. Understandably.

Another example of what women are when left to their own devices.

by Anonymousreply 51October 4, 2017 6:44 AM

She shucksh! No drinkie-winkie shegment?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52October 4, 2017 6:44 AM

Her food is disgusting. I used to kind of like Joanne Weir, but when she has those students on her show she comes across as sort of impatient and cross.

by Anonymousreply 53October 4, 2017 2:00 PM

The Jazzy Vegetarian is the worst chef ever. Most of her food [italic]disgusts[/italic] me.

Joanne Weir sure does seem irritated with those students R53. Sometimes I thinks she's fighting back to impulse to jab them with a knife when they don't give the correct response.

by Anonymousreply 54October 4, 2017 2:20 PM

i loathe ALL of these TV cooks.

they all need to go to the Betty Crocker Clinic for 3 months......

HATE Kimball. Saw the lawsuit pdf against him. he is a jerk. Lidia Mouth Chewing..........jesu

just all of them

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

by Anonymousreply 55October 4, 2017 2:30 PM

I just checked and she's back for another season with an extra-special "celebrity" guest.

Broadway choreographer

Spicy Broadway choreographer

Wurk that tempeh, bitch

Speecy spicy tempeh

Chipotle, ole!

Cheeby chooby choo ah zee za zee ba zolay!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56October 4, 2017 6:07 PM

Watch “the two fat ladies” if you want to see nasty people making nasty food. Oh wait, they are really fat and eat lots of meat. They are really cool. Let’s go back to picking on the vegans.

by Anonymousreply 57October 4, 2017 6:53 PM

You're really going to fall on your sword for Laura Theodore? Vegans get enough shit as it is without handing a national platform to some scatting old broad so that she can make tofu chocolate mousse and other horrors that were state-of-the art in 1978. There are so many other people who could do a much better job.

There's no excuse for this in 2017:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58October 4, 2017 7:19 PM

Whoa, that is some retro looking food photography, r58.

by Anonymousreply 59October 4, 2017 8:20 PM

I don’t know that I would call it falling on my sword for the jazzy vegetarian. I watched her show a couple times and agree that her food and personality was not for me. I did not know she’s just a strict vegan now. But I don’t think you looked up the 2 fat ladies. They were really fat (jazzy is not) they did not sing, they rode around on a motorcycle with a side car (they did do some singing). That’s almost a joke right there. And they made the nastiest shit I’ve ever seen anybody make. I watched a few shows and they made really nasty shit that I would have never eaten and at that time I was not vegan. I would rather have eaten the vegan food over that.

by Anonymousreply 60October 4, 2017 8:47 PM

I'm very familiar with them, r60, and they were beyond grotesque; like a female-ish version of Monty Python's exploding food critic x 2. I used to watch them durning the early days of the Food Network and just the mention of them gives me flashbacks to the closeups of their fingers, which looked like bursting sausages. To add insult to injury, the one with black hair always had long red nails.

Their estates should resurrect them as a diet plan because watching those squishy fingers digging the entrails out of game birds would be enough to deter most people from eating for the rest of the day.

by Anonymousreply 61October 4, 2017 10:33 PM

Another TV cook/chef I simply can not watch. The list is getting larger and larger every year. There are so few really accomplished TV cookery personalities I find watchable anymore.

by Anonymousreply 62October 4, 2017 10:46 PM

I can tolerate most vegetarians. All vegans need to be massacred and burned in a huge pit.

by Anonymousreply 63October 4, 2017 10:48 PM

Jazzy is wack. Thanks for bringing her up, OP. I stumbled on her show a few times and couldn't handle it. Her voice reminds me of Kristin Wiig when she did her Suze Orman impressions.

I love Pati's Mexican Table. Any other fans? Her food looks delicious, she's beautiful, and I love her accent.

by Anonymousreply 64October 4, 2017 10:53 PM

Theen you neeeeeed to move to theeeee Yooooo Cuh Tan Pah Neeeeeeen Suu Lah.

by Anonymousreply 65October 4, 2017 10:59 PM

well, yep....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66October 5, 2017 3:30 AM

R64 she's kinda hard to understand....really thick accent.

by Anonymousreply 67October 5, 2017 3:35 AM

Whoever maligned the Two Fat Ladies has no taste at all.

They were delightful.

by Anonymousreply 68October 5, 2017 3:36 AM

Jazzy update!

This past Saturday, Jazzy made hens in a nest/eggs in a nest/whatever, but she gave this long-winded tale about why she calls it "Rocky Mountain Toast." She "spread" copious amounts of "vegan butter" (!!!) on a couple of slices of some obscure whole-grain bread (some shit like spelt or something you've tasted once and vowed that was enough), and then filled the holes with...

...TOFU freakin' CRUMBLES and tamari. Pan-fried 'til gray, then served with a self-satisfied "No one would ever know it wasn't scrambled eggs!"

I am not a vegetarian or vegan, but I know enough about food to realize that vegetarian cuisine hasn't been at the "fool you" level for over 35 years...LOL! She's so bonkers!

r64, I agree about Pati. I enjoy her cooking , and have a bit of a guy crush on her. She's really pretty. LOL

Pati's also good to watch if you have some basics down about Mexican cuisine. Seeing some of her cooking has helped me to expand my knowledge, which is great for aspiring/student cooks.

Jazzy is watched sheerly for the entertainment value. And the lovely jazzy tunes.

by Anonymousreply 69October 5, 2017 6:35 AM

Yes, Clarissa was especially delightful. A close but not exact quote: What goes on in gay clubs is far more reprehensible than fox hunting but you don't see anyone trying to ban gay clubs.

by Anonymousreply 70October 5, 2017 6:37 AM

Breakfast is served, r69.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 71October 5, 2017 6:51 AM

Ha! r71!

I'm sure a stylist helped out that photo. Jazzy's demo didn't look nearly that reasonably edible. I forget what she added to the tofu, maybe it wasn't tamari...anyway she explained it away as it being there to enhance the color, making it more egg-like.

The result just looked like crumbs of tofu soaked in dirty water. Jazzy-licious!

by Anonymousreply 72October 5, 2017 7:10 AM

Oh...she also added "vegan cheese," so the crumbs would stick together.

She's just the best.

by Anonymousreply 73October 5, 2017 7:11 AM

Until this thread I had no idea that she was back with a new season (for which I've masochistically just set a recording), but I'm guessing the vitamin-B-pee yellow is a combination of turmeric and cranking the saturation up to 11. And the tamari is for...who the fuck knows?

Tofu scrambles usually start with a lot of sautéed aromatics and vegetables along with herbs, spices, nutritional yeast and sometimes a pinch of kala namak, a.k.a. Indian black salt. But since she's so jazzy I can see her just mashing a block of a tofu, throwing in some tamari and cheese and calling it a day. She makes me equal parts sad and happy.

Hey Rocky, oh yeah

Big Rocky, oh yeah

Rocky Mountain toast gonna get you high, high, high

In Colorado

John Denver, why'd you go and die-ie-ie?

Za doot'n doobie doo wahhhh

by Anonymousreply 74October 5, 2017 7:44 AM

yes the 2 fat ladies were just wonderful

always so chuffed to be able to watch them

they just did their thing not giving a flip about what anyone else thought about it or them!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75October 5, 2017 8:04 PM

The "beige, clumpy desserts" episode referenced @ R23

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76October 5, 2017 8:12 PM

"Seitan ... Piccata! Sounds bubbly, sounds elegant, sounds delicious!"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77October 5, 2017 8:33 PM

She's like a fatal car crash. Every time I'm channel surfing and I see her, I can't look away. The little jingles between recipes are hysterical. Her food looks awful. I feel sorry for her husband. He's probably cheating on her with a drive-through clerk at In-and-Out Burger.

by Anonymousreply 78October 5, 2017 9:04 PM

please, stop posting pictures of that faux 'food'

it makes me sick

by Anonymousreply 79October 6, 2017 6:43 AM

PB&J cookies, complete with their own li'l ol' swingin' ditty

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80October 6, 2017 10:57 PM

r80...Oh Jazzy, you never fail to delight.

by Anonymousreply 81October 7, 2017 7:49 AM

Gangrene pie, zooby zabba dabba deet doo why oh why?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82October 7, 2017 7:58 AM

Spaghetti and Wheatballs sorta reminds me of the slop that contestants on [italic]Worst Cooks in America[/italic] make [italic]before[/italic] they start learning to cook.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83October 7, 2017 9:15 AM

Reviewer minces (ha-ha) no words

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84October 7, 2017 9:27 AM

Jazzy makes a "Festive" Enchilada Bake, plus Dr. Pam educates us about beans.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85October 7, 2017 7:33 PM

We're focusing on her food but she has another talent that flies under the radar. No, not singing. Her show is filmed at a Sub-Zero/Wolf showroom in NJ — a place designed for the sole purpose of making its appliances look desirable in a variety of kitchens — and by the time Jazzy and her crates of set dressing have taken over, it somehow ends up looking like the cleaned-up kitchen of a hoarder.

Not many people could do that.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86October 7, 2017 8:10 PM

Before:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87October 7, 2017 8:17 PM

Whoa.

by Anonymousreply 88October 7, 2017 8:19 PM

Jazzy makes chocolate pudding using rich, creamy tap water

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89October 11, 2017 2:36 PM

I'd never heard of her before this thread. I've seen far better vegan recipes on Pinterest. The videos linked in this thread look like something my grandmother would have experimented with in the 1980s when her doctor told her they should cut out meat once a week to lower their cholesterol.

Why does she dress to cook food like she's doing the keynote speech at an national pharmaceutical sales conference?

by Anonymousreply 90October 11, 2017 3:42 PM

^ That's kinda the point—that she's not some glum, hectoring, Birkenstock-wearing scold. She's JAZZY!

It's nice that she wants to make vegetarian eating accessible and easy, but she's a staggeringly horrid cook. She's the vegetarian Sandra Lee.

by Anonymousreply 91October 11, 2017 3:49 PM

"Mock" tuna salad that tastes "a little seafood-y, so to speak."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92November 24, 2017 6:19 PM

She had a guest chef on today's episode - an American-born Indian guy named Sri Rao. They made a variety of Indian dishes, but what struck me was what a girl he was - I even think he was wearing makeup. I decided to look him up and found an article when I spotted this line "I was curious about what my life with my husband was going to look like over the course of our lives together.”

Clears that up, but good for him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93January 28, 2018 9:02 PM

Jazzy shows off some new song "stylings" in this preview clip!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94January 28, 2018 9:08 PM

Thank you for this thread OP!

by Anonymousreply 95January 28, 2018 11:44 PM

Where are people getting that Christina Pirello is conservative? I was going through her Twitter page, and she's got all kinds of anti-GOP stuff posted.

I hated that musician she used to have on her show, the guitarist. He was like a James Taylor-manqué, and I would turn the sound down every time he came on to play a song on his kitchen stool while she "grooved" around the kitchen putting batter into pans or whatever.

by Anonymousreply 96January 29, 2018 12:09 AM

You're welcome, r95!

I'm happy to see it suddenly got active again...can't keep ol' Jazzy down!

by Anonymousreply 97January 29, 2018 7:01 PM

[quote] ^ That's kinda the point—that she's not some glum, hectoring, Birkenstock-wearing scold. She's JAZZY!

Yet another reminder that the 1980s are over.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98January 29, 2018 7:15 PM

r98...I love how High School Dude (had to research it!) is only interested in complimenting Jazzie's fashions.

How fruity!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99January 29, 2018 8:13 PM

Laura's theme today was Brunch favorites. She made baked French Toast and it looked like gack. She blended firm tofu, a banana, olive oil, non-diary milk, vanilla and cinnamon until the mixture was like thick buttermilk, and she poured it onto the bread slices which were laid out on a baking sheet. Gloppy thick goo on top of bread and baked. No bueno.

Other recipes were Quiche Cups (tofu, tamari, vegan Cheddar, chopped broccoli) baked in a muffin tin and fresh fruit Ambrosia. Her "singing" consisted of reciting the ingredients to the quick and ambrosia.

by Anonymousreply 100February 11, 2018 9:08 PM

^^^reciting the ingredients to the quiche and ambrosia

by Anonymousreply 101February 11, 2018 9:08 PM

[quote]non-diary milk

Do you buy that where you shop for non-event toast?

by Anonymousreply 102February 11, 2018 10:07 PM

I've come to appreciate Jazzy's musically concise, to-the-point approach to her recipes. She's Jazzy!

Compare that to this person's unhinged short novel about fucking [italic]paleo lava cakes[/italic]. You'll be scrolling for hours!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103February 13, 2018 2:36 PM

These blogging fraus are so thirsty for recognition. They see how that horrible Pioneer Woman hit the jackpot and now every woman who can create a website and has a camera is using that to gain some fame. How many cooking blogs do we need, anyway?

I read through R103's link and this chick must think her every thought is just the funniest, hippest words to be put on a computer. She uses words like "peeps" and "oh my gaahhhhh" and too many caps. Ugh. If Jazzy had a blog, I can only imagine it would make you want to claw your eyes out.

by Anonymousreply 104February 13, 2018 3:49 PM

I love jazz and eat meat.

by Anonymousreply 105February 13, 2018 3:50 PM

Jazzy was "trying to impress friends from New York" when she came up with this: chunks of raw zucchini and bell peppers served kebab-style.

"It's like I'm dong jewelry art-making here!" exclaims Jazzy's guest.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106February 19, 2018 4:02 AM

[quote]"It's like I'm dong jewelry art-making here!"

"Dong jewelry"?

by Anonymousreply 107February 19, 2018 12:21 PM

Why not, R107. Laura is not the homophobic vegetarian (that's Cuntstina).

by Anonymousreply 108February 19, 2018 12:22 PM

My station stopped carrying Jazzy for a few sad, weepy, unsyncopated months. I was heartbroken...

But she's back!

Today they aired Jazzy's Bollywood episode (with the "musical" guest) mentioned upthread. Nothing too egregiously bonkers, foodwise. But she had Miss Bollywood cooking ON A HOTPLATE on some countertop...inside some hotel room/business suite in South Carolina!

Oh that Jazzy!

by Anonymousreply 109March 11, 2018 8:34 AM

Love it! The music is like stuff from Bob's Burgers, only not intentionally funny.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 110March 11, 2018 8:58 AM

You temporarily lost Jazzy? I condole you.

The new season started airing here a few weeks ago and you're in for a treat as she lines out cookie sheets with parchment, garnishes out plates, blends out tofu in the Vitamix, whisks out dry ingredients, and greases out baking dishes.

Apart from her jazzy new hair, the high point for me was a segment in which she taught us how to make her special eco-friendly party favors: break a bar of dark chocolate into squares, put two squares in the center of a piece of parchment paper, gather all the edges together and tie with ribbon. It was amazing! The woman is a genius.

by Anonymousreply 111March 11, 2018 9:08 AM

"Laura and Broadway choreographer and director, Chase Brock, prepare Chickpea Salad in Tortilla Bowls for the cast of Music Man!"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 112March 12, 2018 3:32 AM

I thought this was about a Jazzy Vagetarian

by Anonymousreply 113March 12, 2018 3:49 AM

A vaggy jezetarian.

by Anonymousreply 114March 12, 2018 4:27 AM

Say what you will about my Jazzy, but no one else garnishes out a dessert with restraint she consistently shows. No one.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 115March 12, 2018 4:50 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 116March 12, 2018 4:53 AM

Okay, she did go crazy once.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 117March 12, 2018 4:56 AM

The cake part...doesn't look like cake.

by Anonymousreply 118March 12, 2018 4:57 AM

r115 r116 alright, this is fucking hilarious

by Anonymousreply 119March 12, 2018 5:08 AM

The new Cook's Country people are kind of annoying. That Rodent face Souza dude, the Asian twink and that big black bulldagger with the blue hair. I guess that's diversity.

speaking if diverse, do they still air Alemelu's Indian flavors? she rocks, she has this relaxing voice. I made this Lemon Rice and it's delicious!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 120March 12, 2018 5:15 AM

It’s like Linda Lavin hosting a cooking show.

by Anonymousreply 121March 12, 2018 5:26 AM

Good call on the Linda Lavin similarity, r121! Lulz!

By the way, on the Bollywood show, she made some perfectly passable roasted cauliflower (which is delicious and simple), then she dressed it up with turmeric (again, fine, okay...), but then ruins it by throwing on a dollop of VEGAN MARGARINE, instead of olive oil like any sane person would do.

Typical fukkin' passive-aggressive Jazzy...

by Anonymousreply 122March 12, 2018 8:16 AM

Finally checked her out after seeing this thread bumped over the year and she's just so... frauey. Surprising. I expected hippie dippy.

by Anonymousreply 123March 12, 2018 10:54 AM

A jizzy vagetarian?

by Anonymousreply 124March 25, 2018 1:51 PM

As I was scrolling through my cable guide, I passed the listing for Jazzy's show. In the description, it is listed as a comedy. It sure is.

by Anonymousreply 125April 8, 2018 4:48 PM

The only cooking show to watch no that Julia is gone is Posh Nosh. Especially the one with Paella, Look it up on You tube

by Anonymousreply 126April 8, 2018 5:17 PM

Jazzy just posted this egg substitute breakfast where the main ingredients are extra-firm tofu and nutritional yeast, with a bit of turmeric to make it jazzy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 127April 8, 2018 10:41 PM

Season 7 preview y'all

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 128February 24, 2019 7:16 AM

I posted at R115 a year ago and now I see she's brought back the single chocolate chip for season 7. And is she really still doing that silken-tofu-plus-something-with-a-flavor mousse that my mother used to make 30+ years ago? I know Jazzy has made some variation of it is every season (see R116), but it's 2019; it [italic]has[/italic] to be avocado or cashew cream.

Doesn't it?

by Anonymousreply 129February 24, 2019 7:53 AM

Maybe this is better than ole Jazzy? More hip and cool. I think I have a crush on the guy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 130February 24, 2019 1:34 PM

I love this show. I have to stop and watch it every time.

by Anonymousreply 131February 24, 2019 3:07 PM

R25, why do you think that Caprial and John Pence's marriage ended? I've never heard that and can't find any news about it now. They had to file bankruptcy and their restaurant in Portland closed, but I don't see any mention of divorce.

by Anonymousreply 132February 24, 2019 3:28 PM

Yes, the single chocolate chip is silly.

I am plant based and wish there were more cooking shows promoting the diet,

by Anonymousreply 133February 24, 2019 4:26 PM

The Season 7 food looks just like the food from seasons 1-6.

by Anonymousreply 134February 24, 2019 4:28 PM

Jazzy has done jazzed things up with NEW OPENING TITLES

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 135May 6, 2019 2:35 AM

Jazzy! So SNAZZY!

by Anonymousreply 136May 6, 2019 4:03 AM

It's hummus for fuck's sake! Is her audience so old they don't know what hummus is?

by Anonymousreply 137May 6, 2019 4:09 AM

Let us skip back a bit, before her swingin' new opening, to marvel at "Tex-Mex with a Twist."

(This one opens in a new window—her Vimeo vids don't always embed. Part of her jazzy charm, I guess.)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 138May 7, 2019 8:39 AM

r138, her "seitan fajitas" look more like "Satan's feetses."

by Anonymousreply 139May 8, 2019 12:31 AM

The ever-hep Jazzy gets some help in the kitchen from a member of Lynyrd Skynyrd

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 140October 8, 2019 9:53 PM

This really is my favorite month.

Who're we jock-tobering next, fellas?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 141October 8, 2019 10:12 PM

R140 The delivery of "We have to get started on those rockin' parfaits." may be the funniest opening 10 seconds I've seen in years. LOL

by Anonymousreply 142October 9, 2019 11:00 AM

Jazzy wows with wan, flavorless burritos; cauliflower fixded to look like rice (???); and a dessert that resembles clumps of cat food.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 143December 10, 2019 3:59 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!