Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Mackenzie Phillips - members of her own family still blame HER for exposing her incestuous relationship with her father

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 436November 12, 2019 11:05 PM

Typical

by Anonymousreply 1February 8, 2017 3:03 AM

Ewwwwww, what disgusting people! I had no idea she was fucking him when she was an adult; I thought he raped her when she was a child. And the surviving family members want what---to protect the family "honor?" I hope she truly has come out from all that evil and is healed.

by Anonymousreply 2February 8, 2017 3:15 AM

I have NEVER liked the ugly bitch.

She is forever whining or railing against someone or something. Grow the fuck up, shut the fuck up...and go away! The forever a victim shtick is old, and so is she to still be seeking pity.

by Anonymousreply 3February 8, 2017 3:41 AM

Does Michelle Phillips still hate her?

by Anonymousreply 4February 8, 2017 3:44 AM

Typical of incestuous families, they blame the person who was abused as a child because they threaten the status quo, and are less valuable to the family unit than the paterfamilias.

by Anonymousreply 5February 8, 2017 5:48 AM

Who wants to bet that one of the family members who won't forgive her is Chynna?

Pretty sure she is Xtian, and was tepid in her support after Mackenzie first publicly revealed the relationship.

by Anonymousreply 6February 8, 2017 11:49 AM

Frequently in these cases the other family members don't want to believe it so they invent an alternative narrative to avoid dealing with the situation.

by Anonymousreply 7February 8, 2017 12:51 PM

I thought the sex abuse started earlier.

by Anonymousreply 8February 8, 2017 12:59 PM

I eat old peoples' excrement.

by Anonymousreply 9February 8, 2017 1:02 PM

Ann Romano was mother of the year compared to Mackenzie's real-life mom.

by Anonymousreply 10February 8, 2017 1:06 PM

Dammit Julie! Stop fucking your father!

by Anonymousreply 11February 8, 2017 1:18 PM

And I thought the Jacksons were pieces of work; the Phillipses are fucking sick to the core!

by Anonymousreply 12February 8, 2017 1:26 PM

[quote]Ewwwwww, what disgusting people! I had no idea she was fucking him when she was an adult; I thought he raped her when she was a child.

It was really consensual, she was damaged. Her own father injected her with heroin as a child then raped her, repeatedly. That will fuck you up for life. Met her a few times. She was cool and I liked her.

[quote]I have NEVER liked the ugly bitch. She is forever whining or railing against someone or something. Grow the fuck up, shut the fuck up...and go away! The forever a victim shtick is old, and so is she to still be seeking pity.

And yet here you are, says A LOT about you.

by Anonymousreply 13February 8, 2017 1:29 PM

But never on the first date R9. Why? Were YOU the old geezer in question?

by Anonymousreply 14February 8, 2017 1:34 PM

What exactly does it say about me? R13

My pointless bitchery? I have an opinion that's not yours? Deal.

by Anonymousreply 15February 8, 2017 1:36 PM

My anus is prolapsed.

by Anonymousreply 16February 8, 2017 1:41 PM

R16 That BBC is an ass smasher. Aye yi yi.

by Anonymousreply 17February 8, 2017 1:46 PM

I have micromeat.

by Anonymousreply 18February 8, 2017 1:53 PM

AIKC has been triggered.

by Anonymousreply 19February 8, 2017 1:56 PM

The signs were always there.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20February 8, 2017 1:56 PM

In the first book she labeled it as "consensual" . But then the incest survivors community corrected her and told her (which she agreed) it was not consensual. That this was rape. It is not like they had sex every week for ten years. It was more like on and off for ten years when they were both sky high on drugs.

by Anonymousreply 21February 8, 2017 2:00 PM

Triggered? My micro meat just became lost in my prolapsed anus . I always wanted to go and fuck myself. Damn, I'm a pretty good lay.

Scorpio's throw down a wicked fuck.

Gives fuck me daddy a whole new spin on this pity party thread.

by Anonymousreply 22February 8, 2017 2:11 PM

She shouldn't be airing out her dirty laundry in public, or in her case in pubic

by Anonymousreply 23February 8, 2017 2:17 PM

[quote] She shouldn't be airing out her dirty laundry in public

So victims should be silenced?

by Anonymousreply 24February 8, 2017 2:19 PM

I always thought that the Mamas and Papas sounded creepy. I guess the echoey effects, but I can't even stand to hear them after reading her book. John was a piece of work, basically just a wealthy crack addict who probably dealt drugs too.

by Anonymousreply 25February 8, 2017 2:37 PM

We've got all the harmony and none of the rape.

by Anonymousreply 26February 8, 2017 2:43 PM

[quote]And now Mackenzie Phillips, 57, is opening up about the long-lasting impact the bombshell revelation has had on her family

She opened up in 2011 when she updated the book to include her family's reaction and opened up again in 2016 when she appeared on Oprah's "Where Are They Now?".

by Anonymousreply 27February 8, 2017 3:14 PM

She'll keep opening up until the well runs dry and there is no more money to be made.

by Anonymousreply 28February 8, 2017 3:20 PM

I think it was more than a few times. He wanted to take her to Java or some such place and marry her.

by Anonymousreply 29February 8, 2017 4:00 PM

Michele Phillips was pissed and said it was a lie, but she is more worried about the group's legacy. I believe her.

by Anonymousreply 30February 8, 2017 4:05 PM

I do have to ask, though: does this completely change the way you look at her now? I always liked her kindness, even though she was a mess, but that book absolutely grossed me out. "Consensual" may be the wrong word but it was very much "Conscious." Just plain disgusting.

And Chynna had a new CD dropping the week Mac came out with all this. So I'm sure she's still pissed at the bad timing (it tanked, though it probably would have anyway).

by Anonymousreply 31February 8, 2017 4:06 PM

Her father liked the way she opened up.

by Anonymousreply 32February 8, 2017 4:31 PM

I have massive tonsil stones and no one will kiss me.

I'm disgustingly unloveable.

by Anonymousreply 33February 8, 2017 4:46 PM

It's very typical that family members resent the one member who destroys a well crafted public image of said family. An image the family members somehow benefit from. The same goes for fans when they find out their idol is/was a total creep (Michael Jackson, Jerry Sandusky, Joe Paterno, etc.).

by Anonymousreply 34February 8, 2017 5:00 PM

She's educating and helping. Maybe not you, but be grateful you have not experienced anything like it. Her family's reaction is the exact reason victims don't come out.

by Anonymousreply 35February 8, 2017 5:40 PM

Bonnie Franklin was very supportive of MacKenzie. Bonnie even released a DVD called "I Hate Being Fucked By My Father, But I Love To Tap!" to show she stood by her.

by Anonymousreply 36February 8, 2017 5:51 PM

Why do you keep dragging me into this hot mess R33? Please get a life and an identity of your own.

Talk, type and text your alcoholic mutterings, but please quit signing that weak shit with AIKC. Be you boo. WHOEVER that is. Whoever cares. Not me.

Someone willing to sell her family out for a buck or two and isn't out for anything less but exploitation and rehashing the same irrelevance every few refreshing years..well I've already stated what I think.

Someone needs a timeout. I can smell the doggie poo desperation. Pewww. THAT'S the tag.

by Anonymousreply 37February 8, 2017 5:58 PM

"And I'm Taking My Act on the Road", R36.

by Anonymousreply 38February 8, 2017 6:01 PM

Michelle is the biggest whore of all time

by Anonymousreply 39February 8, 2017 6:07 PM

It should be noted that all of the family members do admit Mack telling them about this YEARS before her book came out.

by Anonymousreply 40February 8, 2017 6:20 PM

I feel bad for her. She's been an adult since her teens and never seems to fully recover. She's been ok for a while, but it never lasts. Such is addiction. She obviously has issues. She could have been a bigger star.

by Anonymousreply 41February 8, 2017 6:26 PM

*addict, not adult.

by Anonymousreply 42February 8, 2017 6:26 PM

Mackenzie Phillips is a victim of MKUltra, and her corrupted father came from a very high ranking military family.

by Anonymousreply 43February 8, 2017 6:27 PM

[quote]Mackenzie Phillips is a victim of MKUltra, and her corrupted father came from a very high ranking military family.

Someone posted a link to a book that tied Laurel Canyon to Military intelligence.

Maybe five years ago?

by Anonymousreply 44February 8, 2017 6:48 PM

[quote]Someone willing to sell her family out for a buck or two and isn't out for anything less but exploitation and rehashing the same irrelevance every few refreshing years..well I've already stated what I think.

And no one gives a shit.

by Anonymousreply 45February 8, 2017 8:08 PM

Well why the hell shouldn't she "sell out her family"? They don't give a shit about her and weren't willing to help her when she needed help, why should she do what they want and tell the lies they'd like her to tell.

by Anonymousreply 46February 8, 2017 8:13 PM

[quote] Well why the hell shouldn't she "sell out her family"? They don't give a shit about her and weren't willing to help her when she needed help, why should she do what they want and tell the lies they'd like her to tell.

Exactly she told her entire family YEARS before the book came out about what happened. & they didn't do a thing to support her.

by Anonymousreply 47February 8, 2017 8:15 PM

oh, who cares?!!!!

by Anonymousreply 48February 8, 2017 8:33 PM

R41 What kind of addiction/recovery do you know about?. Shut your fucking mouth about things you don't understand. It's not my experience that people don't change.

by Anonymousreply 49February 8, 2017 8:35 PM

Has anyone famous before Mackenzie admitted to having been in an incestuous relationship with their father? I don't think so. But it doesn't mean it didn't happen, and it didn't fuck them up for the rest of their life. Celebrity or not. But the fact that she's a celebrity, more people will pay attention. Her point of revealing was because most of her whole life until the admission, she didn't believe this could have happened to anybody else. Now, others who experienced it are feeling courageous about coming out, and are finally able to deal with how fucked up their lives are because of it. I can't believe a person would admit such a horrible thing merely for attention or money. It totally explains why she could never recover from her drug addiction, and why she was such a compulsive liar..... And she got criticism because she wrote the book after her father had died and he couldn't defend himself. What defense could he possibly have? Yes, she purposely waited. But NOT because she made it up and he could prove otherwise, but because, despite everything, she still loved him and didn't want him to suffer the humiliation while still alive.

Oh, but she ruined his legacy! No she didn't. He was a brilliant musician/composer and people will be singing "California Dreaming" long after his personal misdeeds have been forgotten.

It's very complicated. But I say Good for Her!!

by Anonymousreply 50February 8, 2017 8:48 PM

R49 is triggered and is stating her boundaries.

by Anonymousreply 51February 8, 2017 8:56 PM

Voltaire slept openly with his adult niece; that's the only other celebrity adult incest example I can think of other than Angelina smooching her brother.

by Anonymousreply 52February 8, 2017 9:01 PM

She is so fucking gross. If you are an adult and keep hooking up with your dad it's because you like it.

by Anonymousreply 53February 8, 2017 9:04 PM

R53 what concept of doing speedballs for ten years do you not understand?

by Anonymousreply 54February 8, 2017 9:05 PM

I believe her because her father was truly a sick bastard years before she was born. Papa John was a sociopath. Ask anybody who ran with his crowd years ago and they'll tell you.

Michelle Phillips is just worried about money. She could barely sing a note, much like her daughter, actually. Chynna is basically like a goodie two shoes because she is scared of turning into her mother (who is a stone cold bitch). I pity her.

Papa John truly had a gift for vocal arrangements. But, fuck it! He was a sick man when it came to sex and he self medicated his sickness with drugs. He's dead now and his daughter has lived to tell the truth about her life. Leave her be, she means no harm, really.

by Anonymousreply 55February 8, 2017 9:26 PM

Hitler and his niece had an incestuous relationship. She ended up committing suicide.

by Anonymousreply 56February 8, 2017 9:36 PM

I'll just leave this here..

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57February 8, 2017 9:41 PM

R57 That was debunked in a recent book about Aretha.

by Anonymousreply 58February 8, 2017 9:45 PM

I'm glad to hear that.

by Anonymousreply 59February 8, 2017 9:47 PM

Craig Claiborne -- the once-famous food critic -- said in his autobiography that, when he was a child, he'd had sex with his father. (Claiborne himself was gay and out). At the time that the book was published, in 1982, no one knew how to react to such a disclosure, and I think it's been forgotten.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60February 8, 2017 9:47 PM

I would imagine that they feel this way because

a) they either doubt her claim &/or do not entirely believe her

b) they feel that she herself is equally or at least partial responsible

c) they fear that she has hurt John's reputation which in turn may hurt residual income

d) like so many, they're basically assholes

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61February 8, 2017 9:48 PM

As my wise grandmother said about all addictions and those who claim they can't help themselves, do you know how you stop having sex with your father? YOU STOP HAVING SEX WITH YOUR FATHER!! Easy peasey really. Same applies to alcohol, drugs, food, etc. You can stop wasting precious time with AA, NA, CA, WHATEVERA. Just exercise a little will power.

by Anonymousreply 62February 8, 2017 9:53 PM

R62

I agree with your ancestor but have been screamed at that I "DON'T UNDERSTAND ADDICTION !!!"

by Anonymousreply 63February 8, 2017 9:55 PM

Lot's of abused kids do drugs and have unhealthy sexual relationships as adults but very few continue to go back and have sex with their abusers. She obviously wanted to do it.

by Anonymousreply 64February 8, 2017 10:01 PM

Did she tactfully talk about the daddy/daughter encounters or did they sound like something out of a Jackie Collins novel? If she included references to sensations in her vagina unlike anything ever before then her family might have questioned her motive for writing about it.

by Anonymousreply 65February 8, 2017 10:04 PM

R65 the only thing she wrote was that she woke up from a drug fueled night with her pants down around her ankles

by Anonymousreply 66February 8, 2017 10:08 PM

R66, oh ok.

by Anonymousreply 67February 8, 2017 10:10 PM

This chick has more outrageous stories to tell than the Bible.

by Anonymousreply 68February 8, 2017 10:13 PM

A junkie who needed money and had to come up with something shocking to attempt to sell books as she was broke. I never believed a word of it. She's still trying to make buck off of it. Try getting a real job.

by Anonymousreply 69February 8, 2017 10:19 PM

I read her book, and while it is a good read, she goes into eulogy mode on her dad about every 30 pages, using words to describe him (and the M&Ps) like "brilliant," "legendary," "genius," and "innovative" (etc.) over and over, as if they rivaled a band like The Beatles and their legacy. That, and for someone who was high so much of the time, she tells you what she was wearing and what kind of car/limo drove her to one of her many re-hab stints with amazing accuracy.

Funniest part: she goes to one of her first 12-step meetings and sees a sign on the wall that says 'One Day at a Time.' "I looked at it and I thought they'd put it up just for me."

by Anonymousreply 70February 8, 2017 10:20 PM

[quote] Try getting a real job.

She does have a job, she is a drug counselor

by Anonymousreply 71February 8, 2017 10:21 PM

Anais Nin had an affair with her father.

by Anonymousreply 72February 8, 2017 10:22 PM

Does she get acting work?

by Anonymousreply 73February 8, 2017 10:22 PM

Back in the day there were little or no boundaries for men and John Phillips thought it was okay to have sex with his daughter. The fact that he was a rock star, indulged and high on drugs, made it even worse. Society has changed and men are no longer given permission to act like they are God's gift to the human race and have sex with anyone they please, including their daughters. And speaking up about abuse is part of the education. Don't be silent. It's a new day out there.

by Anonymousreply 74February 8, 2017 10:30 PM

I haven't read the whole thread yet, so I don't know what the consensus opinion is, but I never bought Mackenzie's story.

Not that I don't believe that this stuff happens with frequency, but as a survivor of parental incest, her words/description did not ring true to me.

Mac has had many issues throughout her life and career, and at her best, just like Tatum O'Neal, she is not terribly stable. I believe that with the loss of fame combined with the loss of acting gigs, she was starved for attention and the spotlight. And her story and eventual book certainly brought her a lot of attention.

For the record, I don't believe Mia Farrow, and I never believed Roseanne Barr when she came out with her story about her father.

I am around other incest survivors every week, and I have come to understand how a survivor presents. Mackenzie's story did not ring true to me.

Think about it: Roseanne, Tatum, Mia and Mac....see a bit if a pattern there?

by Anonymousreply 75February 8, 2017 10:40 PM

She didn't exactly do Jackie Collins in her book -- but I do remember it being a fairly constant thing, not just one time with her pants down. It was when they were even on talk shows together, I think. And definitely when she was touring with the "New" Mamas and Papas (whom I saw at a small bar in North Hollywood at the time). She isn't lurid but she isn't exactly grossed out either. Something about it was very disturbing, beyond even the obvious.

Maybe it's the fact that she keeps trying to make it not his fault which, while refreshing in an age of Pro Victims, feels really weird here. But I guess it would've seemed off if she'd played innocent when it went on once she was an adult too.

by Anonymousreply 76February 8, 2017 11:03 PM

R5 is right. Abused family members often are not believed. I think John Phillips was a toxic soulless person and did a lot of damage. The fact that McKenzie was a young drug addict meant she was particularly vulnerable. He enabled and encouraged her which led to his pattern of manipulation of her into adulthood. People don't turn 18 and develop good judgment. She remained susceptible to him as an adult.

by Anonymousreply 77February 8, 2017 11:03 PM

John Phillips was deeply involved in drug running and CIA activities, including the biggest job, MK ULTRA.

He was the promoter of the Monterey Pop Festival, a mind-control event that encouraged high levels of drug use including narcotics and hallucinogenics. It was all a guinea pig experiment on young American teenagers, to see how these mind altering drugs could get them to be more compliant and distracted.

Some agents were clearly into Satanism, as many worshipped the worst piece of shit on earth, Aleister Crowley. Jimmy Page, Kenneth Anger and yes, the Beatles loved and admired him.

The hippie movement was nothing more than a grand social experiment, it had nothing organic to it, and it took many, many lives. It also promoted child sexual abuse of which Mackenzie Phillips was one. The hippie movement was a ansty, nasty scene and we are still reeling from it's utter lack of morality and anti-religious bigotry.

The hippie movement was hell-bent on destroying the family structure, church attendance, a belief in God, clean living, and monogamy.

Who or why this was set in motion is up to you to decide.

by Anonymousreply 78February 8, 2017 11:11 PM

For those of you questioning Mackenzie's inability to distance herself form her father do not understand how mind control works.

Clearly, she had been psychologically abused and made compliant. Phillips, being and Mk Ultra operative, knew exactly how to control her even into adulthood.

by Anonymousreply 79February 8, 2017 11:15 PM

"The hippie movement was hell-bent on destroying the family structure, church attendance, a belief in God, clean living, and monogamy."

Bring back the hippies! And they didnt destroy the family they tried to create new kinds. At the very least, they help open ways for people to get out of loveless marriages for life. We can thank them for that.

by Anonymousreply 80February 8, 2017 11:27 PM

Sure, R80, if you were a straight guy you could have all the free 'love' you could get but women got a raw deal.

And I remember it being a total sexist, hetero movement that involved a lot of passed out, homeless girls and women being 'made love to.'

Good riddance to the shitty sixties.

by Anonymousreply 81February 8, 2017 11:36 PM

ok then

by Anonymousreply 82February 8, 2017 11:43 PM

The best of the Hippies tried to find a new way of life, one based on community and harmony with the earth, one not based on materialism or competitiveness. They supported all oppressed peoples and took care of those they loved, and lived without consumerism or the excesses of capitalism.

The worst of the Hippies were druggies who lived off money from their heartbroken parents, and left a string of broken hearts, bastard children, and overdoses in their wake. All groups include good and bad individuals, although few contained as many extremes as the Hippies of the sixties.

by Anonymousreply 83February 8, 2017 11:53 PM

Did she really expect her book and talk show tours on this subject would improve her dysfunctional family? It's sad but it seems inevitable that families that suffer incest are all the families that cannot recover and move on.

by Anonymousreply 84February 9, 2017 12:01 AM

For years, my mother told everyone the narrative that she was sexually abused by her stepfather. (she was 16-21 years old) My mother was always a professional victim and I was suspicious about her story. One day, I asked my grandmother about her daughter's story and was promptly told the facts. My grandmother walked in on her daughter and husband having sex, the daughter was on top. She told me "It ain't abuse if you are on top"!

My relationship with Patsy (the mother) has never been the same.

by Anonymousreply 85February 9, 2017 12:04 AM

[quote] Did she really expect her book and talk show tours on this subject would improve her dysfunctional family? It's sad but it seems inevitable that families that suffer incest are all the families that cannot recover and move on.

So victims should be silenced

by Anonymousreply 86February 9, 2017 12:09 AM

No, R86. Its just a rotten conundrum. Most families will turn on the victim, or at least push them away. Its (low life) human nature.

by Anonymousreply 87February 9, 2017 12:10 AM

R85, again, you don't understand the incredible mind control and ego obliteration sexual abuse causes.

by Anonymousreply 88February 9, 2017 12:11 AM

I haven't read the entire thread, but I have read some of the negative comments about Mackenzie (looking at you, AIKC).

I have known Mackenzie and her entire family for almost 25 years. Mackenzie is a good person who got extremely fucked up in the drug scene, and everything she is saying that happened with her father is true, in my estimation.

I was not on board with her writing a book about it, because I felt that it would cause further serious damage to the relationships she had/has with other family members. However, ultimately, it was her choice. She needed closure of some kind, and this is the way she chose to get that closure, however controversial it may be.

I will also add that as dysfunctional as some of these people in this family are, most of them are very decent people. Totally humble. Not a haughty bone in their bodies. Some of the most down to earth Hollywood folks that one could ever come across.

By the way, everyone believes her. They are just deeply ashamed that something that abhorrent happened in their family, and didn't want the entire world to know, understandably so.

by Anonymousreply 89February 9, 2017 12:16 AM

Thank you Pollyanna.

by Anonymousreply 90February 9, 2017 12:18 AM

Inconsistent rhetoric. If the Phillips are good people, the salt of Hollywood, then Mackenzie is lying they pushed her away? Or what? You say she speaks the truth.

It takes a lot of spine and character not to push away the victims you helped create. People despise their victims.

by Anonymousreply 91February 9, 2017 12:21 AM

It is not inconsistent rhetoric, R91.

Family dynamics are very tricky, especially when almost everyone in your family has some sort of eating disorder, or substance abuse issue, or codependency issue.

by Anonymousreply 92February 9, 2017 12:37 AM

My friend, her stepfather started grooming her at 8. She carried guilt for years because she liked the pleasure she found in the act, and in fact encouraged it - she started to feel strange and have guilt as a teen when she became more aware of the fact this was "wrong" but she still blamed herself for "asking him to suck her boobies" even as a young girl. Sad. She is still fucked up.

Another person, the x husband of my of my friends has ambiguous sexuality based on the fact he was groomed by a cousin when was about 9 and the older cousin was 14-15. Confused because he was developing and he was being molested but it was pleasurable.

Stockhome syndrome could play some part in all this. Then you have the drugs. She obviously went back to her dad because she loved him, the sex was pleasurable - and her mind was not in a clear state to really make decisions about the nature of the whole tangled web.

I feel sorry for her. I think molestation which turns into "consensual sex" is more common then most people would ever know - I could tell more stories and go on - I've heard so many things over the years - I don't know if its just I am the type of person people tell things too or what - or - that this stuff happens A LOT in families.

It never happened to me. I managed to make it till 28 before I was raped in the Navy. Even as a full grown adult - it is hard as fuck to reconcile what happened. I was drunk/possibly drugged - raped by a man (I am female) that we all assumed was gay, he was a friend - I was immobilized - I remembered just thinking I wish he would finish and just get off. Was it painful, no. Was there even some vaginal pleasure from the act, yes. Was it what I wanted with someone I wanted - NO. I just share my own story because the whole deal of being a victim of these things is its a slippery slope of emotional mind fuck that you don't even know how to unwind.

Combine it with being victimized by your Dad you want to Love and accept you - well - I am not going to judge her and I believe her, and I believe its complicated even now for her and her family. And finally I am glad she had the bravery to bring into light a situation that probably goes on a lot more than any of us imagine so that others can talk about it. Her revelation could save a life, really - I think its that important for other victims.

by Anonymousreply 93February 9, 2017 1:08 AM

This hasn't been mentioned, and Mackenzie didn't write it in her book. But based on personal experiences in my own family, I couldn't help but suspect what I'm about to write. I do think it was alluded to. A few weeks after Mac's book came out, there were interviews with her and some family members on news outlets. I'm thinking it was Larry King I saw this on but am not certain. It was an interview with Chynna. She didn't say much. Only that she loved Mackenzie, supported her, and when pushed, admitted she believed her. It was odd. I got the feeling that Chynna was hiding something, maybe she was molested as well. It's very common. A parent chooses one sibling, tells them they're "special", the only one, and it's this horrible manipulation. And then the parent does it to another, younger sibling, and none of them ever speak of it to each other. Mackenzie might have suspected something happened with other siblings, and this might have been a way to allow them to speak of it. Not necessarily in public, but maybe in private and a way of getting rid of guilt they never should have had.

by Anonymousreply 94February 9, 2017 2:44 AM

R94 that was actually Oprah that Chynna was on. Her stipulation was that she and Mack be interviewed SEPARATELY, which Oprah did via satellite for Chynna while Mack was interviewed in person.

by Anonymousreply 95February 9, 2017 2:46 AM

Mackenize and John interview & performance during time of incest. She certainly does not look healthy here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 96February 9, 2017 3:29 AM

For the record, some years ago when this story first came out, a number of people who had worked with and known father John and daughter Mackenzie stepped forward and said, yes, they had known that the 2 of them were sleeping together. They thought it was creepy and simply stayed away from it at the time.

by Anonymousreply 97February 9, 2017 3:41 AM

I have anal fissures.

by Anonymousreply 98February 9, 2017 3:56 AM

I'm looking at you, looking at me R89. Here's looking at you kid. Because I'm good looking. And looking good while looking at you, looking at me. Join the crowd.

Sweetie, R98. That's not a fissure up my ass, it's your head. Couldn't be your dick head because you have a mangina. And it reeks of poo!

by Anonymousreply 99February 9, 2017 5:28 AM

Shortly after her book came out and right before a Thanksgiving, I saw Mackenzie at a busy Bed, Bath and Beyond in Los Angeles buying a roasting pan. Tall, thin and pale. It was odd, that the first thing strangers will think when they see her is she was an incest victim/had consensual sex w/ her father. I think Michelle Phillips is the one who not happy about the book. In her generation, these things were not talked about openly and yes, the sordid family secret does hurt the Mamas and Papas brand.

by Anonymousreply 100February 9, 2017 6:35 AM

More often than not, families are there to share the good times. Not the bad. You only have friends for that. If that.

by Anonymousreply 101February 9, 2017 9:35 AM

I have Apert Syndrome. I never go out in public.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 102February 9, 2017 11:24 AM

Mac & Mindy

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103February 9, 2017 11:34 AM

Michelle Phillips is talentless scum.

by Anonymousreply 104February 9, 2017 11:36 AM

And crazy lil Bijou became a Scientologist

by Anonymousreply 105February 9, 2017 11:38 AM

Geez fucking Louise R102. Bitch, you win!

Leave me alone you sick little psycho you. I surrender.

I can't compete when you're willing to pull out your family album to score a hit. PS: Only someone as hideous as you could even know of that affliction. Are you a sufferer too? Hereditary? BDF

by Anonymousreply 106February 9, 2017 11:46 AM

It's hard for the family in a case like this because they're used to being music royalty, son/daughter/grandkid of a very, very famous person and then it turns that into something really, really ugly.

Cosby's wife is still deluding herself that these women are in it for the money. But its hard for kids of famous people, whose parent is really tied into their self image as well as how many people in the world treat them, to have that positive be switched out with something so brutally negative overnight.

by Anonymousreply 107February 9, 2017 11:52 AM

I don't wear flip flops. I'm hideous.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108February 9, 2017 12:55 PM

Jimi Hendrix had planned to leave the hippie movement and go straight jazz, even giving up his label to do so.

Well, he died under very mysterious circumstances, didn't he?

Many child abusing cults flourished during the sixties, like the Children of God and other 'hippie communes.'

Mackenzie IS lucky to be alive and I do wish the very best for her. xoxoxo

by Anonymousreply 109February 9, 2017 2:10 PM

R109, are you the same person who is claiming that John Phillips was a covert CIA operative, advancing mind control experiments on his daughter via the MK Ultra program?

R109, MK Ultra was indeed real. However, not every Hollywood celebrity who has been molested or sexually abused is an MK Ultra victim. JFC.

John Phillips was an extremely fucked up man, who had absolutely no sense of appropriate boundaries with ANYONE, including his own daughter.

He was a speedball addicted alcoholic, sexual predator. The asshole was not working for or with, the fucking CIA.

Honestly, you need to get a grip on your shit, because you think EVERYONE in Hollywood and D.C. was involved in this shit, and that is simply not true.

And just so you know, MK Ultra was more about certain US military and CIA personnel robbing the Fed blind of taxpayers' money, than anything else.

by Anonymousreply 110February 9, 2017 2:59 PM

Papa John left a wife and two little kids for the 16 year old Mama Michelle. Papa John had extreme sizemeat and loved to use it on anyone within reach.

by Anonymousreply 111February 9, 2017 3:00 PM

R110,

What makes John Phillips the best candidate for being an MK ULTRA operative was having his fingers in basically EVERYTHING MK ULTRA---the Monterey Pop Festival, being in the same social circles with Charles Manson, being affiliated with the Tavistock-controlled Beatles, having Laurel Canyon connections, his pedophilia, associations with Timothy Leary/Ken Keasey, being a major drug trafficker (arrested for this, in fact) and in general being a major sociopath.

Gain, the hippie movement was a mind control experiment against middle class white teenagers, just as rap music has targeted black teenagers.

There are few organic movements when it comes to millions of dollars being profited.

by Anonymousreply 112February 9, 2017 3:14 PM

Oh, and let us not forget that he went to a military school and his family were entrenched in the government.

*Not that I am knocking the military, not at all, but that was a WEIRD time*

by Anonymousreply 113February 9, 2017 3:19 PM

Anyone who had a dad or uncles in the military during that time would be flabbergasted at the hippie movement and the drug use. Therefore, John Phillips' behavior was unique and confounding.

He grew up in a military family and he become a scuzzy drug dealing hippie. That behavior was extremely uncommon, you just didn't do that. The other military brats who lived in Laurel Canyon, like Frank Zappa, were considered extreme weirdos who spat in the face of their parents.

Nope, there was an agenda being pushed and it was counter to most people's values.

by Anonymousreply 114February 9, 2017 3:31 PM

Having grown up in the era let me tell you that there were very few real hippies, even on the west coast, and they were considered to be very weird, fringy types you didn't want hanging around your kids.

In fact, hippie children were almost always dirty, emaciated, shoeless, underdressed and neglected, if not abused.

The hippie culture was never mainstream, although if you watch old television shows you thought it was. It was just promoted to death, much like rap music has been, although no one actually buys rap music.

It's all fakery, a mirage, and designed to demoralize you while stealing your money.

by Anonymousreply 115February 9, 2017 3:59 PM

R6

She backed her up on it.

by Anonymousreply 116February 9, 2017 4:21 PM

R3=Michelle Phillips, still bitter that the scandal kept her from cashing in on The Mamas and Papas legacy like Priscilla did with Elvis!!!

by Anonymousreply 117February 9, 2017 4:24 PM

[quote]Not that I don't believe that this stuff happens with frequency, but as a survivor of parental incest, her words/description did not ring true to me.

Did your family member give you cocaine at 11 and shoot you with heroin on a regular basis at 13 to keep you compliant?

by Anonymousreply 118February 9, 2017 4:43 PM

Courtney Love's father was another 'hippie' who gave her LSD when she was four years old.

And she was witness to orgies at a young age too.

by Anonymousreply 119February 9, 2017 4:48 PM

I think it was on Howard Stern's show that Mackenzie said that Jagger had been eyeing her since she was a child and that he had been planning to have sex with her when she was 'legal'. She wrote about it in "High on Arrival". Jagger was very open about his plan with John Phillips who encouraged him. The link from the NYPost 2009.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 120February 9, 2017 4:53 PM

By the time of the incest she had lived a lifetime of abuse and twisted relationships.

by Anonymousreply 121February 9, 2017 4:57 PM

Then this link when I searched for a link for R120

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 122February 9, 2017 5:01 PM

I have a dead molar that oozes dark fluid. My breath is putrid.

by Anonymousreply 123February 10, 2017 12:41 PM

[quote]The hippie movement was hell-bent on destroying the family structure, church attendance, a belief in God, clean living, and monogamy.

Monogamy is alive and well amongst HIV negative gay men.

by Anonymousreply 124February 10, 2017 12:48 PM

Again, brain damaged troglodyte @ R108 & R123, if you're going to come for me hon, be an original. There's already a KCer in the house. I use that very same identifier on each and every post I type.

The last time I had an overly zealous psycho hounding me with my own tag, I reported that ass to Muriel, and Mother Superior zapped a mofo and shut 'em down. Your family's photos are a stone gas. Y'all are one stage beyond terminal fug.

You really should get yo' mama a pedicure R123. Is she a mutant? When "karma" becomes due, next time be YOU.

by Anonymousreply 125February 10, 2017 1:09 PM

I have anal leakage.

by Anonymousreply 126February 10, 2017 1:18 PM

[quote]Gain, the hippie movement was a mind control experiment against middle class white teenagers, just as rap music has targeted black teenagers.

The entertainment industry is still paying for Nixon's bigotry against blacks, gays, Catholics, and Jews and his paranoia about so-called "drugs." It is no coincidence that the so-called "death" of movie musicals happened under Nixon's watch while popular music started to sound more and more like Protestant hymns structurally than it did before. Nixon also wanted to destroy black neighborhoods and culture and he used the so-called "War on Drugs" (a de facto war on art, music and people of color) to do it.

by Anonymousreply 127February 10, 2017 1:19 PM

It's no coincidence that Halloween trick-or-treating died in a big way during the Reagan era too. It was a Fundie Christian plot to kill what they considered demonic Halloween practices. The candy tamperings were all an engineered plot. Didn't really work though, the CEOs of Mars or Hershey or whatever saw profits drop and I guess that raised alarms. Halloween came back in a big way, kinkier then ever, thankfully. Even though the culture of door to door trick or treating never really returned to the same popularity it had up until the late 70s/early 80s.

by Anonymousreply 128February 10, 2017 2:58 PM

dafuq is happening.

by Anonymousreply 129February 10, 2017 3:06 PM

Attention Anonymous in Kansas City, (the real one). Just so you know, I'm not a poster who has maligned you or gotten into contentious, dramatic bitch rants with you. On the contrary, we've exchanged a few posts of agreement and alignment on a few different threads within the past year.

I understand your anger and frustration with the troll who has hijacked your moniker solely to make you look ridiculous. Unfortunately, as long as you stay "Anonymous" , (as the majority of us do on DL), there isn't a helluva a lot you can do about it. Your constant battling with this troll is only giving him exactly what he wants, while making you look petty. It's also annoying the rest of us,, some of whom have developed respect for you and affection for your posts, (speaking for myself, at least). As difficult as it may seem to put your anger aside, you really only have two options:

1) Retire "AiKC" for a period of time while you continue to post your views. Use no moniker like the most of us. Hopefully the fake "AiKC" will get bored, fade away, and at some point you'll feel safe to bring AiKC out of retirement.

2) Adopt a new moniker hoping it takes at least awhile before your troll figures out who you are, (and he will be looking).

Those of us who have been here for awhile and can pretty much recognize your posts will understand, The rest don't matter. This is the price we have to pay when we contribute to Forums like DL.

There's no shame if people believe you were chased off. It's irrelevant. And that really has to do more with our own egos than anything else. You can still make your voice "heard", so to speak. Remember, it's the message that's important, not the messenger.

Just think about it. :):):)

Just think about it.

by Anonymousreply 130February 10, 2017 3:50 PM

Thank you for the kind words and advice R130. Baby it's getting past my bedtime and I was just being an ornery agitator to my evil clone.

Trying to pick a cyber fight with a twerp out of an extroverted need for interaction, and a narcissistic need for attention. I walked into this amusing shit storm by talking shit about Mackenzie Phillips. I sometimes post anonymously and not surprisingly noone cares or bothers. Things are what they are, and my tilting of windmills triggers blow back. Appreciate you R130. You're a doll.

by Anonymousreply 131February 10, 2017 4:19 PM

[quote]Monogamy is alive and well amongst HIV negative gay men.

What does Diana Ross have to do with any of this?

by Anonymousreply 132February 10, 2017 4:52 PM

Oh, "O.K." r127 & r128. You bet!

by Anonymousreply 133February 10, 2017 7:28 PM

Anal warts don't hurt so much.

by Anonymousreply 134February 10, 2017 7:28 PM

[quote]It's no coincidence that Halloween trick-or-treating died in a big way during the Reagan era too. It was a Fundie Christian plot to kill what they considered demonic Halloween practices. The candy tamperings were all an engineered plot. Didn't really work though, the CEOs of Mars or Hershey or whatever saw profits drop and I guess that raised alarms. Halloween came back in a big way, kinkier then ever, thankfully. Even though the culture of door to door trick or treating never really returned to the same popularity it had up until the late 70s/early 80s.

And now the latest attacks on Halloween are from the left who are calling all of the most fun Halloween costumes racist or sexist.

by Anonymousreply 135February 10, 2017 7:32 PM

It's pretty well known that Rita Hayworth's father Eduardo Cansino Sr. forced an incestuous relationship on Rita beginning when she was only 12--shortly after she was made to replace her mother as his dance partner in the popular vaudeville dancing act Rita's parents had.

It went on for years and he also terrorized Hayworth emotionally and physically. She got out (by scoring a studio contract at--I think--17), but she was an emotional wreck for the rest of her life and never got over it or really managed to form long term, sustainable, healthy relationships.

The dad would also stalk Rita after she became a star and he did it once (showing up threateningly and unannounced at her home) when she was married to Orson Wells; Wells later said that Eduardo Sr. was terrifying and one of the scariest man he ever met in real life. He said he had no idea how Rita as a girl and then woman dealt with him *alone* for so many years.

Rita apparently also told Wells about all the incest and abuse. This is all covered in the well received Hayworth biography, "If This Was Happiness", by Barbara Leaming, as well as multiple books and specials about Rita's life. It was a huge tragedy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 136February 10, 2017 8:18 PM

*Welles

by Anonymousreply 137February 10, 2017 8:54 PM

I can't stand her. She only got her break in show business because of her father, and she continued to fuck up her life until they drummed her right out of Hollywood. I know it happens to a lot of people, but then this trashy bitch tells the world she fucked her father. Who the hell would do that and then tell the world about it? She's sick.

by Anonymousreply 138February 10, 2017 9:02 PM

R138 so you believe in victims being silent, ok got it

by Anonymousreply 139February 10, 2017 9:09 PM

r139 She's no victim. In fact, she insults the true victims of molestation.

by Anonymousreply 140February 10, 2017 9:18 PM

"I loved it – every awful moment of it, I loved!"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 141February 10, 2017 9:27 PM

R136 how horrible. I saw a picture of him years ago, this one, and thought he was very handsome.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 142February 10, 2017 9:32 PM

R140 were you there?

by Anonymousreply 143February 10, 2017 9:33 PM

Are there real, proven links between the hippies/drug culture and MKULTRA?

by Anonymousreply 144February 10, 2017 10:26 PM

for r144. Warning: extremely graphic photos.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 145February 11, 2017 1:57 AM

What a horrible life Mackenzie has had to work through.

I think about Corey Haim and his drugged up interviews and he never found a way to recover from the abuse.

But somehow MP has found that path. And now others know that there IS a way to recover.

So whatever it takes - books, interviews, therapy, or the opposite...privacy and silence. I certainly wish her the best.

by Anonymousreply 146February 11, 2017 2:26 AM

[quote] Are there real, proven links between the hippies/drug culture and MKULTRA?

What about all those bad Beatles movies without any Beatles in them in the 1970s?

by Anonymousreply 147February 11, 2017 2:26 AM

r147 please explain what you mean.

by Anonymousreply 148February 11, 2017 12:14 PM

Yoko Ono is, like Melania Trump, a sleeper agent.

by Anonymousreply 149February 11, 2017 12:19 PM

I'm still reading this thread. Thank you, R93, for your post. You shed a lot of true light on how incestuous relationships begin and proceed. I am sorry for your own experience.

You can bet your boots Mac was groomed by her father before she woke up next to her father with her pants down. Drugs being one tool he used to create a bond between them.

Grooming of children or teens by any familiar adult is meant to be pleasurable. Oprah explained this very clearly when she revealed her own incestuous experience. This is more common than most people realize.

by Anonymousreply 150February 11, 2017 2:05 PM

Thank you to all of the posters with the very informative posts, you've made this a very interesting thread.

by Anonymousreply 151February 11, 2017 9:14 PM

Thanks r145 I've read and shared that great link. Illustrates perfectly how wild and out of control the late 60's were.

by Anonymousreply 152February 12, 2017 12:37 AM

"Daddy, I want it NOW!"

by Anonymousreply 153April 5, 2017 3:24 AM

[quote]Apert Syndrome

Angela Lansbury - S O L V E D

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 154April 5, 2017 3:47 AM

No one seems to consider that her family may not have wanted her to publish her book because it would hurt HER. I think it has damaged her. I'm not discounting other less altruistic reasons but surely this is also a possible reason. I have no idea if her claims are true or not. Quite frankly unless someone actually saw them having sex then who knows. I doubt she is a very accurate historian. I also suppose it's possible that she doesn't have a great memory of her actions while she was on some drug binge. She may have done drugs with her dad and even passed out with him and she imagined things happened - who knows.

All I can say is if I were on a jury I could never believe her beyond a reasonable doubt.

Also why is an article on Laurel Canyon featuring a picture of the Sowden House which is NOT in Laurel Canyon?

by Anonymousreply 155April 5, 2017 4:25 AM

Oh Mackenzie,

I know what petty jealousy and family friction, a natural, loving sexually incestuous relationship with your father can cause within a family.

Some family members can be so petty and jealous - it's just annoying for them to pry into your private sexual relationship.

But I take the high road, I generally go out of my way to be polite to the jealous family member, french-kissing them, stroking their private parts, even giving them a long sensuous blow job to calm and reassure them that my sexual favors are not reserved only for my father.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 156April 5, 2017 4:45 AM

Right before Mackenzie's book came out, Michelle Phillips was shopping around a film treatment of The Mamas and the Papas. I remember a pretty long puff piece about her in Vanity Fair--as a sort of sexual free spirit (can't get away from the fact she was sleeping with John Phillips while he was married and then cheated on him with Denny Dart) who was also a solid, grounded parent. Mackenzie's book kind of blew Michelle's version of history out of the water.

John Phillips published an autobiography--didn't mention screwing his daughter, but even without that tidbit, it's very clear the guy had no boundaries. He writes pretty fondly of losing his virginity to a young teen girl who was being pimped out by her brother. Zero sense of what it might have been like for the girl. The book's sort of positioned as an apologia for his drug/sex addict "past", but he comes off as slimy--smart, but slimy.

In other words, he seems capable of doing what Mackenzie says he did.

by Anonymousreply 157April 5, 2017 10:02 AM

"Jerry Garcia and the Grateful Dead were CIA assets. A 1968 FBI document explicitly stated that the Grateful Dead were employed by the CIA to direct youth toward drugs and mysticism, and away from anti-war activities. Garcia and the Dead were also directly involved in MK Ultra LSD experiments in San Francisco, and their shows were essentially huge MK Ultra laboratories. These "counterculture" frauds weren't "anti-Establishment", they were *part* of the Establishment."

by Anonymousreply 158April 5, 2017 11:52 AM

Why is stuff like this so taboo. She was an adult, and they were both junkies. Yes he's scum but did this really truly damage her. I'm pretty sure the drugs and dysfunctional environment played a much bigger part. How many if you would fuck your own dad if he was hot and willing?

by Anonymousreply 159April 5, 2017 12:01 PM

Um, no. Just no.

And, yeah, unfair or not, it does make me look at her differently. And I believe every word because WHO would make up THAT to sell even one copy of a book?

by Anonymousreply 160April 5, 2017 5:10 PM

She exaggerated probably and made it sound like he had a crush on her - doubtful

by Anonymousreply 161November 19, 2017 2:09 AM

Hwhybwas the other thread on MP closed ?

by Anonymousreply 162December 13, 2017 10:02 PM

Victim blamers are enablers.

by Anonymousreply 163December 13, 2017 10:12 PM

Mackenzie was lucky to get any dick at all!

by Anonymousreply 164December 13, 2017 10:31 PM

[quote]Hwhybwas the other thread on MP closed ?

Good grief, go to bed!

by Anonymousreply 165December 13, 2017 10:33 PM

[quote]Hwhybwas the other thread on MP closed ?

Because there was an obsessed fan working out her obsession in the thread.

by Anonymousreply 166December 13, 2017 10:37 PM

And it made it to 600 replies. Why is that the maximum number of posts per thread?

by Anonymousreply 167December 13, 2017 10:40 PM

[quote]And it made it to 600 replies. Why is that the maximum number of posts per thread?

Because it's at that point that the algorithm realizes it's time to stop thinking about Mackenzie Phillips and time to think about one's own life.

by Anonymousreply 168December 13, 2017 10:49 PM

"Because there was an obsessed fan working out her obsession in the thread."

One? or many?

by Anonymousreply 169December 14, 2017 3:20 AM

It's only possible that there is one, R169. And that one possibility exists with astronomical odds against it having even been possible.

by Anonymousreply 170December 14, 2017 3:23 AM

that makes no sense.

by Anonymousreply 171December 14, 2017 3:28 AM

The odds of Mackenzie Phillips having one obsessed fan, let alone many, is astronomical.

by Anonymousreply 172December 14, 2017 3:29 AM

*are astronomical

by Anonymousreply 173December 14, 2017 3:31 AM

he must be a weirdo if he is obsessed with her - although the quote says "her obsession" - so I think that the obsessed fan is the person who wrote that - lol

by Anonymousreply 174December 14, 2017 3:34 AM

[quote]How many if you would fuck your own dad if he was hot and willing?

My dad is neither so that's a moot point. Meanwhile, there are a great many men I'm glad are not my dad.

by Anonymousreply 175December 14, 2017 3:35 AM

There was no need for her to tell that.

by Anonymousreply 176December 14, 2017 4:04 AM

for "her to tell what" - ???

by Anonymousreply 177December 14, 2017 4:17 AM

R176 You're only a sick as your secrets. I read that on a cocktail napkin.

by Anonymousreply 178December 14, 2017 4:20 AM

only as sick as your secrets? what secrets are you referring to?

by Anonymousreply 179December 14, 2017 6:10 PM

I am so totally grossed and disgusted by her and pappa John.

Seriously, how could she?

She is one demented bitch.

by Anonymousreply 180December 14, 2017 6:20 PM

She was coerced, R180, and no one told her it was wrong until she got away from it.

by Anonymousreply 181December 14, 2017 6:39 PM

R181 = Dr. Drew Pinsky (exploiter extraordinaire)

by Anonymousreply 182December 14, 2017 7:40 PM

She's in better shape than I am.

by Anonymousreply 183December 14, 2017 7:47 PM

Seriously, with that face, girl should thank the Lord Jesus for ANY dick!

by Anonymousreply 184December 14, 2017 8:08 PM

She sucks

by Anonymousreply 185December 17, 2017 5:03 AM

And her grown 40 year old son is a pot smoker and lives with her still - she said it at a conference I heard her speaking to someone about him.

by Anonymousreply 186December 17, 2017 5:06 AM

And she IS an asshole for doing that.

There's a huge difference between being exploited and molested and dealing with it privately to help you get over the trauma and going nationwide with it, to kick start your failed acting career.

No one needs to know, you don't HAVE to tell everyone everything and no one wants to see your dirty laundry.

by Anonymousreply 187December 17, 2017 6:12 AM

R75, yes, I do see a pattern they are all women, who you don’t believe, because you think they’re unstable. To top it off, MacKenzie MUST be lying, due to not presenting the way you believe she should.

You sound like a total jerk.

by Anonymousreply 188December 17, 2017 1:14 PM

Maybe a grown man living with a sober mother smoking weed all day is the a-whole

by Anonymousreply 189December 17, 2017 5:27 PM

R187 It's fucking 1950s prisspot attitudes like yours that keep molestation/assault "hidden" and easier to accomplish.

Sorry it made you uncomfortable.

by Anonymousreply 190December 17, 2017 6:03 PM

Prisspot ? are you referring to the comment about her son or her ?

by Anonymousreply 191December 18, 2017 3:08 PM

Her

by Anonymousreply 192December 19, 2017 3:05 AM

Failure to launch

by Anonymousreply 193December 20, 2017 2:49 PM

What does failure to launch mean

by Anonymousreply 194December 28, 2017 3:47 AM

Google it, dumbfuck.

by Anonymousreply 195December 28, 2017 3:57 AM

John Phillips was likely an MK Ultra victim who went 'insane' and lived out his trauma on his daughter.

His family background is fascinating. Total military and classified upbringing. I believe that Jim Morrison was an MK Ultra victim as well. Dad was naval intelligence.

I believe Mackenzie 100%.

by Anonymousreply 196December 28, 2017 4:01 AM

Dumb fuck? I think the question means how does the quote make sense for this thread

by Anonymousreply 197December 30, 2017 5:39 AM

She has severe mental illness in her family, including a schizophrenic half-brother. The son who lives at home might just not be able to function very well.

by Anonymousreply 198December 30, 2017 5:51 AM

Tin hat adjustment please in aisle R196.

by Anonymousreply 199December 30, 2017 6:00 AM

R78--Illuminati!

by Anonymousreply 200December 30, 2017 6:02 AM

At what point does the father get the blame for his behavior?

by Anonymousreply 201December 30, 2017 6:23 AM

Which dad do you mean ?

by Anonymousreply 202January 7, 2018 7:43 AM

This is a recent interview Mackenzie did for an Australian morning show. Surprisingly insightful and she finally seems stable. Worth the watch.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 203January 12, 2018 3:37 AM

R203 - the destructive power of these substances...she is so impressively articulate in this interview

by Anonymousreply 204January 19, 2018 7:19 AM

Hmmm. R196, not sure I buy that MK Ultra theories. Likely he is just entitled.

by Anonymousreply 205January 19, 2018 12:37 PM

There were Senate hearings R205.

by Anonymousreply 206January 19, 2018 12:43 PM

Her skin is gross

by Anonymousreply 207January 20, 2018 6:20 AM

R207 eh for an ex-druggie I would've thought she'd look worse than this recent pic below:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 208January 22, 2018 3:33 AM

Incest is best

And if not best, at least convenient

by Anonymousreply 209January 22, 2018 3:37 AM

So it’s true that your nose grows all your life.

by Anonymousreply 210January 22, 2018 3:38 AM

I can buy that MKUltra had something to do with it; Laurel Canyon was ground zero for that shit. But not everybody crosses that line, even on drugs. In the first book, it's also clear that he still cared enough about Mackenzie to help her get away from an abusive boyfriend; that doesn't justify what he did, but it shows that when the chips were down, he really was concerned for her safety.

by Anonymousreply 211January 22, 2018 3:48 AM

For fuck's sake, R211, you sound like you are either an abuser or victim yourself. That type of "he was there when it counted" bullshit is what makes victims and abusers justify their fucked up behavior and reactions to it. HE SHOT UP HIS DAUGHTER AND HAD SEX WITH HER THE DAY BEFORE HER WEDDING. Sure, he was concerned for her safety, poo.

by Anonymousreply 212January 22, 2018 4:17 AM

Yes, I am a survivor of physical and emotional abuse like you wouldn't fucking believe. Yes, I actually met her. Yes, I actually read her book. It's there. She said it. I didn't. At no time did I justify him having sex with her.

by Anonymousreply 213January 22, 2018 4:23 AM

Sexual abuse NEVER starts at 19. I believe it started much earlier and she blocked it out as a child. That's very common amongst invest survivors

by Anonymousreply 214January 22, 2018 4:38 AM

[quote]That's very common amongst invest survivors

Like people who lost everything in the crash?

by Anonymousreply 215January 22, 2018 4:45 AM

*incest my bad

by Anonymousreply 216January 22, 2018 4:46 AM

Here's Mackenzie with Norman Lear. She's no Michelle Pfeiffer, but at least she now looks like a healthy human being. On ODAAT when she lost all the weight from the cocaine she looked like she was going to fall to pieces

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 217January 22, 2018 4:47 AM

And another:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 218January 22, 2018 4:48 AM

By comparison, Norman Lear is 95 and his biggest vice is Coca-Cola.

by Anonymousreply 219January 22, 2018 4:50 AM

R210 I was thinking the same thing! The thing is though it only seems to be true for a few unlucky people - that's definitely not the case for most people I know.

by Anonymousreply 220January 22, 2018 6:34 AM

I've read about incest survivors who actually instigated some of the sexual contact simply because it was the only affection or attention that they ever got.

by Anonymousreply 221January 22, 2018 12:26 PM

R220 I don't think her nose actually got bigger I think it's just the photo combined with the fact she's no longer the size of a skeleton

by Anonymousreply 222January 22, 2018 12:31 PM

Vintage photo of John and Mackenzie in the early 80s. He is so gross.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 223January 22, 2018 12:33 PM

John Phillips wrote the score to the movie [italic]Myra Breckinridge[/italic] including the song "Secret Place" that Rex Reed sings on the operating table. The Time magazine film critic who called the film "as funny as a child molester" was onto something.

by Anonymousreply 224January 22, 2018 12:40 PM

I think she looks great all things considering

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 225January 28, 2018 11:37 AM

She looks fine she is just the biggest slut

by Anonymousreply 226January 29, 2018 6:52 AM

I can't believe this thread gets traction. The only thing interesting about this woman is the fact that she slept with her dad, and that was only interesting for about a minute, and only then because of the yuk factor. She's an awful actress. So, why the continued interest? Even her dad isn't interesting. I just don't get it whenever this thread pops back up.

by Anonymousreply 227January 29, 2018 7:01 AM

I think it's a miracle someone so vulnerable and sweet survived a family chock full of sociopaths, grifters and bimbos.

by Anonymousreply 228January 29, 2018 8:21 AM

R226 she wasn't a slut, she was a victim of sexual abuse who was manipulated by her sick father to make her feel complicit.

R227 - she was an okay actress, amazing in American Graffiti. She overacted in the early days of one day at a time and admitted she cringes when she sees some old episodes because the crew encouraged her to be loud and over the top and theatrical. But I think he did get better as the seasons went on until she left.

by Anonymousreply 229January 29, 2018 11:52 AM

R229 Agreed, her acting became more subtle after season 2 but then the drugs screwed up her chance to reach her full potential

by Anonymousreply 230January 29, 2018 11:53 AM

Mackenzie looks like a saint next to her homophobic, bipolar, alcoholic sister Bijou Phillips - who is a Scientologist married to rapist Danny Masterson (he's under investigation for 5 rapes)

by Anonymousreply 231January 29, 2018 11:54 AM

R227 Mackenzie was literally the Lindsay Lohan of the 1970s.

by Anonymousreply 232January 29, 2018 11:57 AM

Mackenzie admitted to having had sex with hundreds of people maybe over 1000 - yes she is a slut and she is also not an innocent angel she is a liar

by Anonymousreply 233January 29, 2018 2:52 PM

What’s wrong with having consensual sex with hundreds of people? As long as it’s not at the same time.

by Anonymousreply 234January 29, 2018 4:11 PM

because it's loose and disgusting. no self esteem. women get a bad rep for that for a reason!

by Anonymousreply 235January 29, 2018 4:39 PM

You're actually delusional no where is there any evidence she's ever said she's had sex with thousands of people that's ridiculous and fucking impossible... even warren beatty hasn't screwed that many people

by Anonymousreply 236January 29, 2018 6:39 PM

Never said she was an "innocent angel" but she's not a fucking liar when it comes to abuse

by Anonymousreply 237January 29, 2018 6:39 PM

Don't be such a liar... she was in a long term relationship with Peter Asher, married twice, abused by her dad and had boyfriends interspersed throughout her life like all women. That's hardly a "slut"

by Anonymousreply 238January 29, 2018 7:04 PM

She had random sexual with a ton of strangers bothe men and women - she has admitted to that as if it is cool or something - she is definitely someone who acted like a slut her entire life - !

by Anonymousreply 239January 29, 2018 7:32 PM

R239 what is wrong with consensual sex? Many men and women go through a sexually free period where they have one night stands and several partners. Jesus Christ go back to your Christian boards.

by Anonymousreply 240January 29, 2018 7:40 PM

"sexually free"? a funny way to describe this person's past. she had no self respect and their is a word for her actions.

by Anonymousreply 241January 29, 2018 8:00 PM

Did they make bangbangbang in anoos?

by Anonymousreply 242January 29, 2018 8:02 PM

"and their is a word for her actions"

Oh, dear r241 cannot spell and types fat

by Anonymousreply 243January 29, 2018 8:05 PM

haha "their" - too funny. Mackenzie may be a slut but you are dumb, R241.

by Anonymousreply 244January 29, 2018 8:30 PM

R239 oh for goodness sake do you know how many straight women have hooked up with other women in their youth?! It's just an experimental thing that a lot of girls do. And it was the 1970s -- it didn't matter what gender you were, with drugs and alcohol loosening everyone's inhibitions everybody was screwing each other. Mackenzie's sister Chynna was on Howard Stern in the early 2000s with Wilson Phillips and admitted that as a teen she loved men but found they didn't satisfy her sexually so she and a high school girl friend had a friends-with-benefits thing where they'd sleep over and have sex together. It's very common.

by Anonymousreply 245January 29, 2018 9:42 PM

R245 yeah I remember that!! Chynna said a friend made the moves on her during a sleepover and Chynna went along with it and they hooked up for ages because the guys sucked. She said one time the friend's mom heard something upstairs and thought she had a guy over, and then the next morning saw Chynna coming down the stairs instead!! LOL

by Anonymousreply 246January 29, 2018 9:45 PM

Yeah Chynna's admitted to her lesbian dalliances on radio -- does that make her a slut too?? Go back to your religious cult -- it's just sex.

by Anonymousreply 247January 29, 2018 9:47 PM

So she is bisexual I think (mackenzie not Chynna) she supposedly just marched in a gay rally in pam springs this past week !

by Anonymousreply 248January 29, 2018 11:16 PM

Why were so many Laurel Canyon artists children of military families?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 249January 29, 2018 11:48 PM

HSbecause theu are lesbians who march in gay rally’s

by Anonymousreply 250January 29, 2018 11:49 PM

R248 she did not march in a gay rally. She works full time as a drug counselor in a treatment center in LA called Breathe Life Healing Centers. In Palm Springs a conference called "Finding Freedom Symposium" was held for clinicians and health professionals to gain relevant information for best practices in supporting the LGBTQ community with co-occurring disorders. Since Mackenzie's rehab has LGBTQ patients, her and her co-workers went to the conference

by Anonymousreply 251January 30, 2018 12:10 AM

Calm down 251! If she like she pussy she likes Pussy!

by Anonymousreply 252January 30, 2018 12:20 AM

R252 I'm simply relaying facts unlike you. Also, she wrote in High On Arrival that as a teenager in the 70s "I thought my open sexuality was natural, but in reality it was the drugs. I'm straight." There you go. If you called every person who experimented in their youth as "bisexual" or "gay" then you'd have all the adolescents of the 60s and 70s lined up at your door.

by Anonymousreply 253January 30, 2018 12:38 AM

I don't care how many people she slept with when she was wasted. Or what genders were involved.

The most important thing about her is she has a job and a life where she helps people.

by Anonymousreply 254January 30, 2018 1:04 AM

R254 It's very rare that people use their own horrific experiences and painful trauma to heal and be of service to others. Despite her past I think it's amazing what she's done. Her father turned her onto drugs and made sure she stayed on them. It's a miracle she's alive today. And now she's helping people who are in the same position she was decades ago. Screw celebrity and fame - she had her glory days and is lucky to be doing something even more important. Kudos to her for making such a good life for herself despite her background.

by Anonymousreply 255January 30, 2018 1:13 AM

My niece was a patient at Breathe and had Mackenzie as her counselor. I can't even begin to describe how Mackenzie helped guide and support my niece towards her recovery. She's a truly inimitable, inspirational woman passionate about recovery and working with addicts. I'm so grateful towards her and all the work she's done.

by Anonymousreply 256January 30, 2018 1:16 AM

At least she’s trying

by Anonymousreply 257January 30, 2018 5:31 AM

It’s a generational phenomenon, R249. They were all born in the ‘40s, and most people their age had a dad who served in WWII. Some of those men ended up pursuing it as a career. Far more than would have pursued it during a decade that didn’t have a world war in it.

If you want an additional reason, it makes sense that somebody like Jim Morrison would push back extra hard against a military father, like preachers’ kids supposedly do.

by Anonymousreply 258January 30, 2018 5:36 AM

John Phillips dad was in the army

by Anonymousreply 259January 30, 2018 7:01 AM

Whatever

by Anonymousreply 260January 30, 2018 7:32 AM

I like her grandfather who composed marches.

by Anonymousreply 261January 30, 2018 7:46 AM

Michelle Phillips is the most evil, venal woman in Hollywood.

by Anonymousreply 262January 30, 2018 2:33 PM

VENAL! Lol

by Anonymousreply 263January 31, 2018 5:47 AM

I just love the irony that the motto of AA is "One Day at a Time" and that was the name of her fucking tv show! Most of her patients are probably to young to even know of the show, but it must be surreal for any client of hers when they're in counseling with her.

by Anonymousreply 264January 31, 2018 6:57 AM

R264 I read an interview she did a couple years ago for a treatment organization -- Some (not all) of her younger clients recognize because in the 90s she was on a popular kids Disney show called "So Weird" playing the Mom of the main character.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 265January 31, 2018 7:42 AM

Omg I loved that show as a kid!! She was sooo good, her character was a singer and widow taking care of her two kids. It was such a fun show, it was like a kid's version of the x files with all this cool paranormal and sci-fi stuff. But Disney never released the show on DVD for some dumb reason. Mackenzie sang the theme song on the opening credits - her voice is husky but still sounds pretty good.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 266January 31, 2018 7:47 AM

Let's not forget Denny Doherty's daughter - Jessica Doherty Woods - also confirmed it was true. Her statement was read out on Oprah: "My dad told me the awful truth. He was horrified at what John had done."

by Anonymousreply 267January 31, 2018 3:43 PM

Mackenzie lies. period.

by Anonymousreply 268January 31, 2018 7:04 PM

R268 I'd be skeptical too but since her sister Chynna, and both bandmates' Cass Elliot's daughter Owen Elliot, and Denny Doherty's daughter Jessica - all said it was true - I'm inclined to believe her. I think the rest of her family - aka stepmothers Michelle, Genevieve and sister Bijou -denied it out of fear. They didn't want to be vilified as enablers of John's behavior by doing nothing to protect Mackenzie. There's no reason that Chynna would go against her mother Michelle to support Mackenzie. If my half-sister made these claims, my mother said it was untrue, then I would side with my mother unless the allegations were in fact accurate. That's clearly why Chynna came out and said "yes, it happened." If Mackenzie was lying then Chynna would side with Michelle, and that just didn't happen. And think about it, Mackenzie told Chynna back in the 90s so Chynna surely must've spoken about it with Michelle at some point to confirm what happened. You don't support your sister and acknowledge your father's demons just to indulge in a false claim that damages his reputation unless there was truth.

by Anonymousreply 269January 31, 2018 11:58 PM

Is the awful bijou still smoking and drinking even with her new kidney? Any closer to dying?

by Anonymousreply 270February 1, 2018 12:49 AM

R270 unfortunately she is... I follow bijou on Instagram and have seen her Instagram stories that include alcohol - the most recent one she did was a selfie at a wine bar. And not soon after her transplant did Chynna visit her at home - the pic I've linked below Chynna posted with her drinking green juice and Bijou drinking red wine (she confirms it in the caption). Also one of my friends actually saw Bijou at a gas station outside of LA buying cigarettes and at first thought it was a look-alike because of the transplant!! But then she heard her speak and realized it had to be her because she has a very distinct voice.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 271February 1, 2018 1:04 AM

Any trashy Michelle or Bijou gossip is welcomed.

by Anonymousreply 272February 1, 2018 1:05 AM

Amen r272. In a town full of sociopaths, michelle and bijou seem particularly fucked up.

by Anonymousreply 273February 1, 2018 1:58 AM

What the fuck bijou has a daughter and is still drinking after the transplant?!! So fucking irresponsible. Oh and the only reason she had it was because she was born a premature coke baby - Genevieve and john were shooting up all throughout the pregnancy, she was born on the couch at home and in an incubator for months.

by Anonymousreply 274February 1, 2018 2:25 AM

Bijou's behavior over the years has been very erratic. At 14 she was diagnosed with bipolar disorder. It wouldn't surprise me if John sexually abused Bijou as well.

by Anonymousreply 275February 1, 2018 2:31 AM

R275 interesting point. Mackenzie wrote that once she ended the abuse in 1990 she kept her distance from him - her son didn't even consider John as his grandfather because he hardly saw him, he saw Mackenzie's step-dad (who was her mother's (Susan Adams) third husband) as his grandpa instead. Maybe because Mackenzie wasn't available to him anymore John set his sights on his youngest daughter who was still young and living with him.

by Anonymousreply 276February 1, 2018 2:35 AM

Mackenzie Phillips should just shut up and try to be sober. If she lives with a pot smoking son, then she definitely must be using still. No one wants to remain clean and sober would tolerate living with a drug user.

by Anonymousreply 277February 1, 2018 2:43 AM

R277 To be honest I wouldn't call pot a hard drug, and he was probably just a social taker back in his 20s like a lot of young adults. And she's been sober since her 2008 arrest - someone with an addictive personality like Mackenzie could not balance drug use and her role as a substance abuse counselor. She wouldn't be able to sustain her full time job without colleagues or patients recognising the signs of her addiction.

by Anonymousreply 278February 1, 2018 2:55 AM

Actually pills are much more addictive than pot. My husband works as a paramedic and has said countless times that casually smoking pot (like Mackenzie's son) is actually safer than pills. We're in a deadly opioid epidemic here in the states, pot is actually less harmful. And even if her son occasionally smokes pot I doubt he'd do it in her presence or in her house, I'm sure as a child of an addict he'd have more respect than that

by Anonymousreply 279February 1, 2018 2:58 AM

Ooh speaking of pot Michelle Phillips was a pot smokers well into her 40s - she told a story in an interview of coming home to find Chynna sharing joints with her friends, initially being angry because she thought it was her stash they took, then upon realising they didn't steal her pot but got it on their own, she joined in!!! Apparently Chynna was mortified, as you would be having your mother join in getting stoned with your friends...

by Anonymousreply 280February 1, 2018 3:00 AM

R280 coming from the woman who believes drugs like pot and LSD should be legalized, I'm not surprised. Michelle's crazy.

by Anonymousreply 281February 1, 2018 3:02 AM

Mackenzie's half-brother Tamerlane is a paranoid schizophrenic who worships an Indian guru and was committed to an institution for a while after holding a knife to his mother Genevieve's throat, threatening to kill her. In response to him needing medication, Gen said he shouldn't go on them because it would "ruin his creativity". He's medicated now lives in Brooklyn. (Chynna relayed this information in an interview centered around mental health with her husband Billy). Chynna had drug and alcohol issues as a teen (her boyfriend was a dealer) which inspired "Hold On", but unlike Mackenzie she got clean early because she didn't have much of a relationship with enabler father John as a teen. Now she's a born-again Christian. I think she got baptised in a bathtub. Bijou is a violent, bipolar bully who hasn't worked since a Raising Hope stint over 5 years ago and is married to Scientologist rapist Danny Masterson. Mackenzie's full brother Jeffrey battled drugs and alcohol but is now clean with a wife and kids. Honestly, looking at her siblings - Mackenzie seems comparatively sane and stable.

by Anonymousreply 282February 1, 2018 3:10 AM

[quote] coming from the woman who believes drugs like pot and LSD should be legalized, I'm not surprised. Michelle's crazy.

Are you saying that it’s crazy to think that pot and LSD should be legal? What is going on in this thread?

by Anonymousreply 283February 1, 2018 4:05 AM

R283 Michelle believes that those drugs have no harmful side effects, which just isn't true. A friend was mine was addicted to pot so badly that it manifested his schizophrenia. He's now taken care of by his mother. I still believe to this day that without his drug use he would not be mentally ill

by Anonymousreply 284February 1, 2018 4:29 AM

One of Bijou's throwback posts is of Michelle, John and Genevieve in bed together having a threesome. Linked below:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 285February 1, 2018 4:32 AM

Wow. John and Michelle divorced in may 69? Wonder what month this photo was taken?

Poor bijou...trying to present a bohemian facade but still clam-married to a rapist who is secretly gay.

by Anonymousreply 286February 1, 2018 10:05 AM

Mackenzie is what I call “an aggressive victim”. It’s a peculiar thing. It’s usually women, but men do it, too.

Example: I know someone IRL who is just like Mackenzie. She suffered some nasty abuse and also struggles with addiction. She is a warm caring person who also became a substance abuse and addiction counselor. It’s difficult, because she is a nice person, but normal people can’t wait to get away from her. Within five minutes of meeting her, she’ll tell you how she was raped by several foster families and foster siblings and how she thought she was better when she started her own family but she lost custody of her children because of her drinking and so on. So of course you feel sorry for her. The problem is that her whole identity is “SURVIVOR” and “RECOVERY”. Most people have respect for that and admire it, but that’s not enough. She’s like a bottomless pit of need for praise. She survived! She’s brave! She’s helping other people now! And that’s the topic of every conversation.

Oh, and then she wants to diagnose YOU. How’s your relationship with your mother? Do you guys get along? And if you’re not a completely disjointed mess like she is, she’ll find something wrong with you and say you’re in denial if you deny it.

Aggressive victim.

Although sometimes they like to be the only one with problems they conquered and feel threatened if you try to relate, because they’ve suffered more.

And you’re the insensitive asshole if you don’t fall in line.

by Anonymousreply 287February 1, 2018 10:44 AM

R287 I don't think aggressive victim is the right word at all, she simply told her story and is now working as a counselor. And don't forget it's the interviewers that always bring up her father regardless of what she wants to discuss. She actually wrote some essays on managing addiction and recovery called "hopeful healing" and journalists (I use that term lightly) still began the interview asking about her dad and family before getting to the treatment work bit which was actually the purpose of the interview.

by Anonymousreply 288February 1, 2018 11:02 AM

R286 John and Michelle were still screwing well into the 70s despite him being married to Genevieve. Michelle didn't care - she's known for being a hoe and sleeping with married men. She was BFFs with Sharon Tate and admitted to screwing Roman while Sharon was heavily pregnant despite Sharon confusing to her how upsetting it was to know he was fooling around

by Anonymousreply 289February 1, 2018 11:04 AM

*confiding to her

by Anonymousreply 290February 1, 2018 11:05 AM

R287 If you read High on Arrival she takes responsibility for all her actions, she doesn't pity herself at all. But it's still important for her to explain to people why she was so destructive and dysfunctional for so many years, and that involves relaying her past and her upbringing. You can't just say "hey I was a drug addict and raped by my dad" and give no backstory. She even partly blames herself for the incest in high on arrival (although now - nearly a decade since the revelations - she realizes it wasn't her fault)

by Anonymousreply 291February 1, 2018 11:08 AM

R285 lol why am I not surprised John Genevieve and Michelle had a threesome. Jesus.

by Anonymousreply 292February 1, 2018 11:09 AM

That's awful r289. Poor Sharon. She deserved to have a better husband and a better friend.

by Anonymousreply 293February 1, 2018 11:12 AM

R293 and Michelle's defence was "I was drunk. It was stupid." How heartfelt. Then again she screwed Denny knowing how much Cass loved him. She didn't care - she thrived on dominating males

by Anonymousreply 294February 1, 2018 11:14 AM

Michelle wrote in her autobiography that while the M&Ps were on tour she decided she was in love with their producer Lou Adler, told John (who switched hotels because he got sick of her jumping from one guy to the next), and then barged into Lou's hotel room telling him she wanted him while his girlfriend Jill Gibson was right there sitting on the bed. Inconsiderate, entitled bitch.

by Anonymousreply 295February 1, 2018 11:20 AM

By making all this public Mackenzie is doing an incredible service for abuse victims. And all of you who complain about "dirty laundry", I wish upon you a painful case of the clap.

by Anonymousreply 296February 1, 2018 11:38 AM

If you think about it, Mackenzie was one of the first #MeToo or #TimesUp prototypes, but did it 8 years too early. If she did it now everybody would be rallying around her with support, not vilifying her as a liar like they did in 2009.

by Anonymousreply 297February 1, 2018 11:52 AM

Bijou and Mackenzie at the rock n roll hall of fame induction back in 98 with John looking like a massive creeper and Bijou looking super stoned

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 298February 1, 2018 2:08 PM

"To be honest I wouldn't call pot a hard drug, and he was probably just a social taker back in his 20s like a lot of young adults. And she's been sober since her 2008 arrest - someone with an addictive personality like Mackenzie could not balance drug use and her role as a substance abuse counselor. She wouldn't be able to sustain her full time job without colleagues or patients recognising the signs of her addiction."

Pot is not "a hard drug?" Hon, drugs are drugs. And no one wanting to stay clean would live with a drug user. I think MacKenzie Phillips probably smokes pot with her deadbeat son; maybe she has the occasional drinkie-poo and pops pills when she feels the need to take the edge off now and then. Some drug users are like that; they consider themselves clean, because smoking pot and having a drink once in a while and a pill or two sometimes isn't REALLY cheating, is it? Well, it sure as hell is.

by Anonymousreply 299February 1, 2018 8:55 PM

She was a hardcore addict - she wouldn't be able to control herself to just one drink or a few pills every now and again

by Anonymousreply 300February 1, 2018 11:16 PM

Michelle will bury them all.

by Anonymousreply 301February 1, 2018 11:31 PM

"She was a hardcore addict - she wouldn't be able to control herself to just one drink or a few pills every now and again."

And just how would you know? And by the way, that's bullshit. A hardcore drug addict who had gotten off drugs could very well have a few drinks or joints or pills now and then without getting back into it like they did before. That way, they could still do drugs but tell themselves "I'm smoking and drinking and taking pills, but at least I'm not shooting up anymore. I'm clean!"

by Anonymousreply 302February 1, 2018 11:53 PM

R302 I think you're doing a disservice to Mackenzie's hard work to change her life around by saying she must still be drinking and shooting up. You're basically saying recovery is just not possible for addicts which is a total lie. Just because her son has tried pot (I guarantee the majority of people in this thread have done pot) doesn't mean she's using. You don't know her so don't make assumptions

by Anonymousreply 303February 2, 2018 12:07 AM

R301 Michelle looks close to being buried herself

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 304February 2, 2018 12:08 AM

" I think you're doing a disservice to Mackenzie's hard work to change her life around by saying she must still be drinking and shooting up."

Who said she was still "shooting up?" But if she lives with a drug user then chances are she's indulging from time to time. No one who was totally clean and wanting to remain that way would want to be anywhere near someone doing drugs. How do I know that? I have friends who were recovering drug addicts and I learned a lot about addiction and staying off drugs from them. And by the way, YOU don't know her so don't make assumptions.

by Anonymousreply 305February 2, 2018 12:51 AM

I don't think that she could do any drugs without fully becoming an active addict again so I think she is clean. although if she has an adult son who still lives at home - that's their problem. and if he is smoking weed under her nose, he's an asshole.

by Anonymousreply 306February 2, 2018 12:56 AM

Agreed!

by Anonymousreply 307February 2, 2018 3:59 AM

He probably occasionally smokes pot with his friends, she never said he did it at home.... It's not like she can control his actions when he's socializing anyway

by Anonymousreply 308February 2, 2018 4:54 AM

Actually I think he's living at home at the moment because Mackenzie has been traveling from LA to New York for the last few months for work and she has 9 pets at home (4 dogs, 5 cats). So since he has to take care of them I think he's just been living there since it's easier than going to and from his apartment. I do recall her saying that he moved out as a young adult but did live with her temporarily when she relapsed.

by Anonymousreply 309February 2, 2018 4:56 AM

A friend of mine is a former alcoholic (20 years sober) and his wife likes to have a glass of wine with dinner. But that doesn't tempt him to start drinking again nor has it caused a relapse. I like to think Mackenzie's strong enough not to throw her sobriety away just because her son has smoked pot.

by Anonymousreply 310February 2, 2018 4:59 AM

Omg my old friend knew Michelle when he worked on the crew on Knots Landing and said she was not only a crummy actress (she was essentially playing herself on the show) but one of the most high maintenance Hollywood types he ever met!!

by Anonymousreply 311February 2, 2018 5:01 AM

Michelle once called herself "a woman of many talents" and I actually laughed out loud. She has zero talent - all she knew how to do was sleep with married men and look pretty.

by Anonymousreply 312February 2, 2018 5:02 AM

Apparently Mackenzie is shooting something in NY at the moment and bouncing between the LA rehab and NY. I think it's OITNB - the show is shooting in NY at the moment and I did see a blurry cast pic on set with a woman on the end with red hair and bangs like Mackenzie. I couldn't make out her face but I think she's going to play a recurring character or something on orange is the new black

by Anonymousreply 313February 2, 2018 5:05 AM

Bijou is so careless to be smoking and drinking post-transplant. She got the kidney from a friend who is a single dad himself and she thanks him by putting toxins in her body?? She's so gross.

by Anonymousreply 314February 2, 2018 5:07 AM

Yep I agree she is probably going to play an inmate in the upcoming season

by Anonymousreply 315February 2, 2018 5:07 AM

She'd be perfect in the role given her past

by Anonymousreply 316February 2, 2018 5:09 AM

That'd be awkward if it's true - Scientologist Laura prepon is bffs with rapist Danny masterson

by Anonymousreply 317February 2, 2018 5:12 AM

It’s true I just looked at the photo it is definitely that woman Mackenzie phillips and she is in the photo for the cast of orange is the new black - I just looked on line and I can tell from the photo it is her . She looks like she is praying in an all white outfit or something

by Anonymousreply 318February 2, 2018 5:15 AM

R318 link??

by Anonymousreply 319February 2, 2018 5:19 AM

R311 I believe it. Does he have any details or stories?

by Anonymousreply 320February 2, 2018 8:31 AM

I'd actually really love to see her act again in something gritty - she'd be great as a rough as nails inmate. Lucky she's able to do both counseling and acting work

by Anonymousreply 321February 2, 2018 11:38 AM

R280 She could be a very aloof woman. I shouldn't be writing this (thank god it's anonymous) but Michelle was a known drinker. She was going through some personal troubles during her time on the show and it was a regular occurrence for her to show up hungover on a Monday morning (or any weekday morning, for that matter). If Michelle spent the night on a bender, she'd come to work with a puffy face and the makeup department would try to disguise it.

by Anonymousreply 322February 2, 2018 11:51 AM

^^^ Oops I meant to respond to R320!!

by Anonymousreply 323February 2, 2018 11:52 AM

Thnx r322. Can they successfully cover up that sort of bloating? Is it a lot of work for make up and lighting staff?

by Anonymousreply 324February 2, 2018 12:01 PM

Mackenzie looks like a gritty inmate naturally so not much work will have to be done on her if she is in fact on Orange is the New Black

by Anonymousreply 325February 2, 2018 5:00 PM

harsh!

by Anonymousreply 326February 2, 2018 10:00 PM

but true.

by Anonymousreply 327February 3, 2018 1:13 AM

Oh no her house caught on fire

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 328February 3, 2018 1:40 AM

At least she's reconnected with her family again (her brother Jeffrey on her right, sister bijou on her left, two nieces and niece's fiancé on the far left)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 329February 3, 2018 1:44 AM

She might look rough but at least she dresses well (seriously I want that coat lol)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 330February 3, 2018 1:47 AM

Oh Jesus hope her house isn't too damaged

by Anonymousreply 331February 3, 2018 1:47 AM

her house did not burn down. The washing machine almost burnt it down but the fire was put out in time so they are OK. the story seems to say that her son who lives with her was out but that the dog walker was there when it happened.

by Anonymousreply 332February 3, 2018 3:42 AM

Since it was many years since it had happened, she should have told the family, only. It was so gross and it shows a lack of character on her part too...she was at least 16 wasn't she? 16 year Olds can have some morals, can't they?

by Anonymousreply 333February 3, 2018 3:47 AM

I think it started earlier and she just blocked it out, it never begins as a teenager. And actually when he raped her the first time Mackenzie went to both her mother Susan and her aunt (John's sister) Rosie - they told her not to go to the police because they didn't want John to go to prison.

by Anonymousreply 334February 3, 2018 3:58 AM

She looks like a cadaver. She looks like she's still on something.

by Anonymousreply 335February 3, 2018 3:59 AM

It doesn't show a lack of character on her part at all - she was passed out when he raped her! It's never the offspring's fault - the parent is to blame.

by Anonymousreply 336February 3, 2018 3:59 AM

Saying she should have "kept it in the family" is like saying Dylan Farrow shouldn't have come forward about Woody Allen. When you're a powerful man who abuses their privilege then you should be called out for it. Why should the public belittle Mackenzie for being a former drug addict when the root cause of her addiction was her father's abuse? It's not fair for that sick bastard John Phillips to be praised as a music genius when in reality he was a twisted sick man. When we keep saying that women should keep these things to themselves we are perpetuating the cycle of silencing and oppressing sexual abuse victims and making them fearful to come out and speak their truths. It's not fair - Mackenzie didn't perpetrate the sex abuse, her father did, and he should be condemned for that. It doesn't matter who he is - even with the #MeToo movement, many of the perpetrators are fathers and husbands with families, but they still need to be held accountable for what they did

by Anonymousreply 337February 3, 2018 4:09 AM

Mackenzie would've been so pretty if it wasn't for all that blow.... this was at her 18th birthday with Candy Clark

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 338February 3, 2018 4:22 AM

so what's the deal with the house; anyone know for sure?

by Anonymousreply 339February 3, 2018 4:28 AM

Hopefully her home isn't too badly damaged, for $1.2 million you wouldn't want too much to repair!!

by Anonymousreply 340February 3, 2018 4:40 AM

1.2 is nothing in this town

by Anonymousreply 341February 3, 2018 5:07 AM

But Sherman oaks isn't exactly "Hollywood"

by Anonymousreply 342February 3, 2018 5:24 AM

Bijou's moved out of her LA home with Danny and now lives in Santa Ynez with their child. Trouble in rape paradise it seems

by Anonymousreply 343February 3, 2018 6:21 AM

JUST because she is in Santa Barbara county doesn’t mean she moved out of her la home !

by Anonymousreply 344February 3, 2018 6:39 AM

R344 no she has... Bijou posts on Instagram regularly - nearly every day - and she's always at the ranch with her horses. Check out her feed if you don't believe me. Also Chrissie Bixler - one of Danny's rape victims - posted a tweet revealing that Bijou hasn't lived with Danny in their LA house in months. The two of them actually used to be friends, they met at 15 and apparently Chrissie found Bijou terrifying to be around (the first time they met Bijou pulled Chrissie's top off in front of 10 guys and got into heaps of fights - tweet linked below)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 345February 3, 2018 7:20 AM

Yeah Danny and Bijou's marriage is very bizarre - they spent Thanksgiving with friends but not Christmas (Bijou was in Utah while Danny stayed in LA) and she lives full-time in Santa Ynez while he's based in LA. Weird.

by Anonymousreply 346February 3, 2018 7:25 AM

Sounds like an open marriage

by Anonymousreply 347February 3, 2018 7:25 AM

Danny and Bijou are Scientologists, of course they'd have a weird arrangement

by Anonymousreply 348February 3, 2018 7:28 AM

She is like ms Cosby

by Anonymousreply 349February 3, 2018 8:22 AM

im so sick of seeing this goddamned thread.

by Anonymousreply 350February 3, 2018 11:03 AM

Why???

by Anonymousreply 351February 3, 2018 11:17 AM

it's fucking old shit!

by Anonymousreply 352February 3, 2018 11:34 AM

never gets old

by Anonymousreply 353February 3, 2018 10:04 PM

All things considered, Mackenzie really is the least unstable member of the family.

by Anonymousreply 354February 3, 2018 10:12 PM

She really is!! There's a Bijou Phillips thread on here somewhere with nearly 500 replies and the stories affirm Bijou's absolutely insane.

by Anonymousreply 355February 3, 2018 11:11 PM

And all the Phillips kids struggled with drugs and alcohol, just not as severely as Mackenzie

by Anonymousreply 356February 3, 2018 11:22 PM

R356 well obviously none of them were forced into sex by papa john

by Anonymousreply 357February 4, 2018 1:06 AM

she wasn't forced into it. just because he was a horrible person does not absolve her of guilt. she was old enough to know better. old enough to be marrying someone else. old enough to lie about it to anyone who asked. she is not innocent, she is simply not as horrific as her dad was. if she was able to walk away from it when he got her pregnant (ugh) - then obviously she had self-control, so why didn't she use it earlier?! she is a sympathy seeking sociopathic liar who will do anything for attention. and where did it get her? she used to have it all without trying and she fucked it all up

by Anonymousreply 358February 4, 2018 1:36 AM

R358 I think drugs just screwed her up so badly that she felt she couldn't escape - they had a very co-dependent relationship (like most drug buddies do) and she probably felt powerless to stop it because he controlled her so much until she finally got clean after the abortion. She probably felt stuck in a big black hole she couldn't get out of. And she did tell people - her mother and aunt first - immediately after the rape happened the first time and they said to let it lie. And she wasn't even conscious for the majority of the time - john took advantage of her crippling drug addiction and would have sex with her when she'd pass out. You can't give consent when you're passed out. That's rape. She did fuck up her life for a while but now she's working full-time as a counselor and doing some small acting jobs on the side when she gets the time. Many recovering addicts wouldn't be able to cope with all that trauma. I don't think the abuse started when she was 19 anyway, it never starts then. Maybe the sex was then but I think he molested her years before and she just blocked it out as a child, I think that call that repression/suppression or something in abuse victims

by Anonymousreply 359February 4, 2018 1:47 AM

I think people can't wrap their head around the fact she felt into a Stockholm syndrome dynamic with him

by Anonymousreply 360February 4, 2018 1:52 AM

This kind of thinking is exactly what enables the culture of rape and exploitation in question.

"Choice" is not a black and white thing. Choice is always conditioned by circumstances, needs, power imbalances, context.

Everyone always has choices. WHAT choices is the key issue.

by Anonymousreply 361February 4, 2018 1:58 AM

I think Carla Bruni slept with her dad.

by Anonymousreply 362February 4, 2018 2:39 AM

R359 that's ridic - she didn't solely have "passed out" sex with him - she did it voluntarily the entire time I am sure and knew what she was doing - was she waster? sure. Would she have done it sober? absolutely not. But she KNEW what she was doing, even though her judgment was awful. and she IS guilty of that. Although she doesn't owe us an apology - she did it to herself. The "playing the victim' thing, however, is a bit much. she is not a hero anymore than anyone who went on a diet or stopped smoking cigarettes. she's just a person who stopped screwing her dad and stopped sticking needles in her arm. most people would have known better than to do that in the first place.

by Anonymousreply 363February 4, 2018 3:12 AM

[quote] she did it voluntarily the entire time I am sure and knew what she was doing

You really want to think that, don’t you?

by Anonymousreply 364February 4, 2018 4:45 AM

R363 If you bothered to read her book at all - which you clearly didn't - you'd find that she doesn't play the victim card at all. She takes responsibility for her actions but also holds her father accountable. And if you read it you'd find that she was unconscious most of the time the rape occurred (because you cannot give consent while unconscious), she would occasionally remember bits of it in the middle and then slip back into a blackout. She even wrote that often times the morning-after she'd wake up next to him, or he'd even tell her they had sex - that was her way of knowing what happened. It was rare that she was fully conscious for the whole act, she was always in a stupor.

by Anonymousreply 365February 4, 2018 5:26 AM

Yes she was heavily sedated - but we’ve al been wasted and she went into it knowing how the evening would end up. She wasn’t exactly unconscious like her raped her body physically - it was menta but she was a participant - she also did a lot of dishonest things and even she admitted to being a recurrent thief (even from “friends”) and liar

by Anonymousreply 366February 4, 2018 6:05 AM

R366 Actually a lot of the time she was unconscious. And all addicts have regrettably stolen from their friends and lied to their loved ones - they're completely different people on drugs

by Anonymousreply 367February 4, 2018 8:42 AM

She is a typical lying drug addict. All drug addicts lie and create stories and drama. She is no different from the rest of us.

I get it that few here want to hear this, but I have knowledge that she created the story in order to have a few moments of relevance once again.

by Anonymousreply 368February 4, 2018 10:32 AM

I like her

by Anonymousreply 369February 4, 2018 10:32 AM

R368 *cue sarcastic tone* wow you sound like a reliable source. If she's a liar then why is she friends with the bandmates' daughters who came out in support (including Owen Elliot and Jessica Doherty) and why has she finally reconciled with her family (someone posted a pic of her Facebook photo with her sister bijou and brother Jeffrey taken in 2017)?? No matter how much of a financial gain it is you wouldn't compromise your familial relationships for a quick buck. She could've said it was a random uncle or a famous record producer and still have the same impact in the media without going after her dad.

by Anonymousreply 370February 4, 2018 11:28 AM

Her siblings are speaking to her again, so I'm inclined to believe her. They spent Labor Day weekend at Mackenzie's house (someone posted the Facebook photo with her nieces and siblings above in this thread) and under one of Bijou's insta photos with Chynna (linked below) where Mackenzie commented "Seesters ❤️" Bijou replied "Come home!!!!" (since Mackenzie's been in NY for work). If it was an outright lie they'd never speak to her again, not make up all these years later

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 371February 4, 2018 11:36 AM

I follow Owen Elliot on Twitter and she got into a discussion with another user over the Bill Cosby accusations (said she knew one of the victims). When the user mentioned Hollywood types like Woody Allen, Ronan Polanski, Michael Jackson and John Phillips, Owen collectively referred to them as "molesterers" - John included. And she said people looked the other way at these men because they were thought to be "untouchable." Mackenzie was telling the truth.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 372February 4, 2018 12:06 PM

Does anyone know what role McKenzie will be playing on Orange is the New Black? Any info. on her involvement?

by Anonymousreply 373February 4, 2018 11:48 PM

Scroll up - there is a reference to it.

by Anonymousreply 374February 5, 2018 5:57 AM

FUGLY Prisoner probably

by Anonymousreply 375February 6, 2018 2:37 AM

whore. skank. liar. thief.

by Anonymousreply 376February 6, 2018 10:18 PM

R376 And that's exactly why women of rape and abuse don't come forward.... You're the reason women of the #MeToo movement felt powerless and fearful to take a stand against their abusers until 20 years later. Rapists and molesters deserve any kind of negative action taken against them. Shame on you for calling a woman who was MOLESTED BY HER OWN FATHER a "whore skank liar". You're probably a pedo yourself. You and Harvey Weinstein should have dinner sometime, perhaps form a perv club together

by Anonymousreply 377February 7, 2018 1:30 PM

GUYS. Her sister Chynna said it happened, so did bandmate Denny Doherty's daughter Jessica Doherty-Woods and Cass Elliot's daughter Owen Elliot. The rest denied it to cover their own asses because they're horrible people who didn't want to admit they knew and did nothing. Mackenzie's now speaking to her siblings again (as was evidenced by recent family Facebook photos and social media comments between Mackenzie and Bijou that was linked further up). It happened. Get over it. She survived. She's a substance abuse counselor now. Her life is totally different. And meanwhile this thread is stuck in the past.

by Anonymousreply 378February 7, 2018 1:46 PM

A snippet from a CNN article when it first came out:

"Chynna Phillips, who also sat down with Winfrey on Friday, said she believes that her mother, Michelle, made those statements out of anger and that she does still love Mackenzie, even if she doesn't admit it.

"I think the most devastating thing is when people are in denial and don't want things on a public platform, it's not something everyone wants to share with the world," Chynna Phillips said. "It's not something my mom wants plastered all over the papers."

Chynna told Winfrey that she'd known about her sister's history with her father for about 12 years and believes that no one would go out of their way to admit having a consensual incestuous relationship.

She's also not the only one who thinks Mackenzie is telling the truth.

Jessica Woods, the daughter of former Mamas & Papas band member Denny Doherty, also wrote in to Winfrey and said her father knew about everything.

"I just watched your show," Woods wrote, "and everything she said is true. My dad told me the awful truth, and he was horrified at what John had done.""

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 379February 7, 2018 1:47 PM

R376:

Illiterate. Lazy. Stupid. Cunt.

by Anonymousreply 380February 7, 2018 1:53 PM

she still sucks and she still was a thief and a liar. she actually did a Geraldo show where she spent 20 minutes discussing how she was in recovery from drugs and it was a recovery episode and it turned out she was lying the entire time! that has nothing to do with being an incest survivor. she is a cheat who will say and do anything.

by Anonymousreply 381February 7, 2018 5:05 PM

R381 You have no idea how addiction works. When you become a drug addict, you lose a fundamental part of yourself. You're not "you" - you lie to your family and friends and pretend you're okay and not an addict to make them stop worrying about you when in reality you're falling apart. My close childhood friend was the most warm, loving, genuine, selfless and considerate person I ever met. She was so much fun to be around as a kid! As a teenager, her boyfriend became a dealer, got her involved, and her life spiralled out of control. She became a person I didn't recognize, and for a while I cut her off because everything that came out of her mouth was a lie. But that's what addiction does. The person morphs into a stranger because the illness takes its toll on both the body and their persona. Then, she finally picked herself up, went to rehab for 3 months, and is now celebrating her 12th year of sobriety. And she is back to the same wonderful being she was all those years ago before she got into drugs. I believe this is the same case as Mackenzie - that clean, healthy and sober she is a nice, honest person but as an addict she was completely broken. That's what happens when you're in the depths of addiction - one hit of your drug of choice is all it takes for a flip of the switch, and suddenly you're someone else. It's only when you become sober that the "real you" is back. When an addict lies it's not a reflection of their moral character, it's a reflection of the power of drugs.

by Anonymousreply 382February 8, 2018 1:28 PM

She’s still a lesbian though

by Anonymousreply 383February 16, 2018 3:41 AM

whaaaa

by Anonymousreply 384February 22, 2018 6:01 AM

I am connected to her sister Bijou on Instagram. Bijou posted a female relative photos showering love on her only sister and two moms. She clearly left McKenzie out of the loop on that - talk about deliberate!

by Anonymousreply 385March 9, 2018 7:26 PM

How sad

by Anonymousreply 386March 9, 2018 8:29 PM

Bijou is one hell of a mess. How's her clam marriage to the closeted rapist going? He still giving her lots of surprise anal when she's asleep or blacked out?

by Anonymousreply 387March 9, 2018 10:54 PM

clam marriage?

by Anonymousreply 388March 9, 2018 10:57 PM

SHe posted a photo wishing him a happy birthday and saying how much she loved him so clam?

by Anonymousreply 389March 15, 2018 3:09 PM

Mackenzie is so desperate for her love

by Anonymousreply 390March 15, 2018 3:09 PM

that's harsh

by Anonymousreply 391March 20, 2018 12:15 AM

[quote] R65 If she included references to sensations in her vagina unlike anything ever before then her family might have questioned her motive for writing about it.

HER vagina, HER rules!

by Anonymousreply 392March 20, 2018 1:13 AM

that's so gross - and where did you get the impression that she discussed her body parts in any detail

by Anonymousreply 393March 22, 2018 6:38 AM

she is gross. and she is a compulsive liar for sure. and a cheat. she is a loser

by Anonymousreply 394March 23, 2018 5:37 AM

I am clutching my pearls over the revelation of a clam marriage!! Oh my oysters!

by Anonymousreply 395March 23, 2018 5:48 AM

I heard her son is a gay drug addict and he hides it from her even though he lives with her!!!!

by Anonymousreply 396March 23, 2018 5:59 AM

EEeww

by Anonymousreply 397March 23, 2018 6:57 AM

HE must be old if it’s her son she is about 60 i bet

by Anonymousreply 398March 23, 2018 6:58 AM

Wow, this thread goes by so much quicker and more peacefully when you block psychos like R376.

You guys should try it, it's great!

by Anonymousreply 399March 23, 2018 10:57 AM

I think I would rather read the comment s than block them - why would you be looking at this thread if you don’t want to see the comments? Also what the “psycho” said is true - I’m sure

by Anonymousreply 400March 23, 2018 8:00 PM

Her son is 35 and never lived away from home I know him personally through some music peeps he wants to marry his mom one day

by Anonymousreply 401March 23, 2018 9:20 PM

Who do R376

by Anonymousreply 402March 24, 2018 3:20 AM

I'm watching some of her old interviews, and it does bother me that in them she keeps refering to these incidents as "rape." She backs out of describing how the encounters were initiated (she's always coming out of blackouts in her dad's bed, or during the act), and she was 19 the first time it happened....so I'm missing how she can pinpoint specific rape, either statutory or otherwise.

I mean, clearly it was all very fucked up, but even if she was on drugs, her dad was as well. So while you would hold him, as the parent, to a higher standard of accountability, I don't grasp how she can firmly claim she never gave consent (?)

I have never read her book, so maybe she gives more details in that than she does in the TV pieces I've viewed.

by Anonymousreply 403March 24, 2018 7:17 AM

When discussing it in her book, did she mention his dick size? was he cut or uncut?

(is this question inappropriate for this particular thread?)

by Anonymousreply 404March 24, 2018 7:26 AM

Inappropriate to say the least

by Anonymousreply 405March 25, 2018 6:37 AM

Mackenzie is ruthless without integrity

by Anonymousreply 406March 27, 2018 4:00 AM

There doesn't seem to be anything avaricious about her. I'm glad she's found a second career as a counselor.

It can't be easy being the poster child for [italic]Consensual, Drug Induced Invest,[/italic] but she needed to rebrand herself and had limited options.

by Anonymousreply 407March 27, 2018 4:17 AM

^^ [italic]Consensual, Drug Induced INCEST[/italic] (not "invest")

by Anonymousreply 408March 27, 2018 4:18 AM

#ruthless without integrity? it's obviously not working very well for her. She is not a success.

by Anonymousreply 409March 30, 2018 7:06 PM

I wouldn’t be speaking to her either. Some things you just don’t talk about. And you certainly don’t go on national television and discuss it.

by Anonymousreply 410March 30, 2018 8:26 PM

If as an adult she had sex with her father then it was a consensual relationship. So obviously having sex with dear old Dad wasn't that repugnant to her, assuming that's she's telling the truth. It could be she's making it all up. I wouldn't put that past MacKenzie Phillips; she's nutty and always has been.

by Anonymousreply 411March 30, 2018 9:21 PM

[quote]R10 I wouldn’t be speaking to her either. Some things you just don’t talk about. And you certainly don’t go on national television and discuss it.

There are other drunks out there fucking their fathers while mainlining cocaine, and her story might wake them into considering the wisdom of this choice.

by Anonymousreply 412March 30, 2018 9:31 PM

Doubtful.

by Anonymousreply 413April 23, 2018 4:24 AM

IS she now in touch with her sister the one with the kidney problem? I heard she doesn’t speak to mackenzie anymore since the book and has not forgiven her after all of these years

by Anonymousreply 414May 1, 2018 6:59 AM

She was great on oitnb

by Anonymousreply 415August 29, 2018 5:57 AM

[quote] it does bother me that in them she keeps referring to these incidents as "rape." She backs out of describing how the encounters were initiated (she's always coming out of blackouts in her dad's bed, or during the act),

Perhaps I misremember but I thought she originally said the first time she woke up with John pumping away on top of her, but she was awake and cooperating in the subsequent encounters. I particularly remember her saying she told John the next time "we're going to hell for this". That sounds pretty aware to me.

The only thing that ever surprised me was Michelle not joining in.

by Anonymousreply 416August 29, 2018 6:14 AM

She has since reconciled with her sisters per a recent interview I read.

by Anonymousreply 417August 29, 2018 4:08 PM

I heard they did not invite her to thanksgiving this year again

by Anonymousreply 418November 24, 2018 4:39 AM

Oh well

by Anonymousreply 419December 15, 2018 6:47 AM

Did anyone see the special on Ree!z?

by Anonymousreply 420February 19, 2019 10:45 PM

I have not - how to get a copy? She is truly gross, however. I hear she is desperate still to get back on TV

by Anonymousreply 421July 19, 2019 5:06 PM

I don't think anyone really wants this in their heads; let alone, people related to either Mackenzie or her father. It is a horrific tale, probably true, but not something most people would want to acknowledge.

by Anonymousreply 422July 19, 2019 6:37 PM

Oitnb isjust the right casting for someone like her

by Anonymousreply 423July 20, 2019 2:12 AM

She was offered up by her husband to have sex with a guy named "Rick Breitstein" from NJ and of course her "husband" knew she'd do whatever. yuck.

by Anonymousreply 424July 22, 2019 1:53 AM

She was offered up by her husband! as a sex toy to a friend (Rick Breitstein) and of course, her husband knew she'd do whatever. yuck! Google it.

by Anonymousreply 425July 22, 2019 1:53 AM

Disgraced actress Mackenzie Phillips once worked as a high-class call girl while she was pregnant to pay for her drug habit, according to reports.

Read more at: https://www.sify.com/movies/mackenzie-phillips-worked-as-pregnant-prostitute-to-fund-drug-habit-news-bollywood-jkiqEedddddsi.html

by Anonymousreply 426July 22, 2019 1:54 AM

"high class"? try NO CLASS. She is a thief and a liar and a cheat. Too bad its getting her nowhere.

by Anonymousreply 427July 22, 2019 8:18 PM

c'mon - don't be so hard on her...

by Anonymousreply 428July 26, 2019 10:52 PM

If it's true, damn. California Dreamin' was one of my favorite songs. I can't believe it.

Well, no wonder she was on drugs.

by Anonymousreply 429July 26, 2019 11:23 PM

She has no idea the harm she did. She ruined a lot of people’s lives by being a completely fucked up skank who wants to play victim.

The very first time anything happened was the time to tell, if only to protect her sisters and brothers. She didn’t. She was too happy getting her fuck on with Daddy Dearest while shooting up.

She could have gotten therapy to deal with her many problems. Instead, everyone knows her - and her family as “hey, you’re the slag who banged your druggie dad”. And that’s how everyone knows her brothers and sisters.

Imagine going through life being infamous because your sister and dad were having an incestuous relationship that she made public.

She’s no just a ho, she’s Hozilla.

by Anonymousreply 430July 26, 2019 11:53 PM

R430: Hi Michelle. You're a money grabbing whore on par with Katherine Jackson. Have a nice day.

by Anonymousreply 431July 26, 2019 11:59 PM

R431: Hi Mackenzie, how are you? Still living with your son? Still throwing yourself on everyone ELSE's husbands and boyfriends? Still lying to anyone who will listen? You are so sad.

by Anonymousreply 432July 30, 2019 2:25 AM

I heard Mackenzie’s sisters did not attend macs bday party in Los Angeles and only her brother attended ... why? I guess they did not reconcile as I had read

by Anonymousreply 433November 12, 2019 3:28 AM

I had VERY mixed thoughts on this when she broke it originally. I've since concluded that if her coming out about this helps one present victim of incest, then it's totally worth what she's doing. I don't think she's shilling for $, I think she genuinely wants to bring this issue, wh. is one of the last societal taboos to be swept under the carpet while the victim is blamed, into the mainstream. To at least be a force against its insidious and soul destroying destruction. And something for victims to look to and hang on to. What's wrong with that?

by Anonymousreply 434November 12, 2019 8:48 AM

[quote]She has no idea the harm she did. She ruined a lot of people’s lives

What color is the sky in your world? Your thought process is extremely Trumpian. Blame the victim for the shit you actually did. People who are victimized by their family at a young age are damaged for the rest of their life. How are they suddenly supposed to be a perfectly balanced adult when they adults in their life only taught them wrong is wright?

If you want to blame people who's lives have been ruined try looking at the abuse not the victim.

by Anonymousreply 435November 12, 2019 9:06 AM

433 you really know your stuff if you know about her social life - how would you know if they attended or not? Who would know that unless they were there themselves?

by Anonymousreply 436November 12, 2019 11:05 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!