Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Howard Stern

Any fans of his on DL? Damn has the show been bad since, at least, around 2010. Does anyone actually enjoy his ass kissing interviews with that phony bitch, Ellen and horse faced SJP? The bits are terrible now too.

by Anonymousreply 263July 8, 2018 3:43 PM

The show became all about the show and its staff after he moved to Sirius.

It hasn't been the same since Jackie left.

by Anonymousreply 1February 5, 2017 1:52 AM

Stopped watching about 10 years ago. Used to be very funny

by Anonymousreply 2February 5, 2017 1:53 AM

I hated Jackie, and so did everyone on the show.

The real golden years were when Artic was on. I could listen to him tell tales about being wasted all day.

Then, he started sleeping through the show and got shit canned.

by Anonymousreply 3February 5, 2017 1:56 AM

I also hate how his older bits are almost never re-aired on Sirius. Thank god for the Todd Packer clip collection. I can listen to the 20 hour one of the OJ trial over and over again.

by Anonymousreply 4February 5, 2017 2:05 AM

Are the older recordings owned by the prior stations? So, every time they want to play something, they have to pay a royalty... maybe.

by Anonymousreply 5February 5, 2017 2:08 AM

R5 No, Stern bought all the master tapes.

by Anonymousreply 6February 5, 2017 2:09 AM

Oh that's weird then. There were some hilarious old school episodes... hundreds of hours of material that he could play.

by Anonymousreply 7February 5, 2017 2:11 AM

Love Howard, have listened to him for years. Cannot stand the ass-kissing celebrity interviews so I just fast forward. Nothing funnier than Fred's sound effects and Sour Shoes.

by Anonymousreply 8February 5, 2017 2:11 AM

The best year were definitely when Artie was on. Artie's comments + Fred's sound effects were a killer combo.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9February 5, 2017 2:15 AM

^ years

by Anonymousreply 10February 5, 2017 2:17 AM

He and his wife rescue cats and foster them. That makes him a God in my book. The wife, too. Seriously, they're my heroes.

by Anonymousreply 11February 5, 2017 2:23 AM

I love how Howard had to become a cat person because of Beth.

by Anonymousreply 12February 5, 2017 2:25 AM

Artie was a hot-ass mess on the show, but damned if he didn't provide some great radio! That fight with his assistant (?) Teddy was an instant classic; I remember listening to it all day at work

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13February 5, 2017 2:29 AM

r9 sooo so funny !

by Anonymousreply 14February 5, 2017 2:30 AM

The show is currently a mere shadow of its former self. Harrible.

by Anonymousreply 15February 5, 2017 2:37 AM

[quote]Oh that's weird then. There were some hilarious old school episodes... hundreds of hours of material that he could play.

Unfortunately a lot of the old tapes were hacked to pieces by Howard's former general manager during the FCC's major crackdown (thanks to Janet Jackson exposing her saggy tit on national television). As a result, a lot of the edgier older bits are practically unlistenable.

by Anonymousreply 16February 5, 2017 2:38 AM

It's time to retire those Robin is so hot songs. At this point, they just seem cruel.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 17February 5, 2017 2:39 AM

Is it true he won't have Gilbert Gottfried on anymore? Gilbert was always great radio.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 18February 5, 2017 2:56 AM

Does Howard go on any network talk shows anymore? The last time I saw him make such an appearance was when he went on Letterman before Dave retired.

by Anonymousreply 19February 5, 2017 3:05 AM

Can anyone suggest some funny Stern on youtube?

by Anonymousreply 20February 5, 2017 3:08 AM

Search for Artie Lange + Stern show. The Artie years were the best, in my opinion.

by Anonymousreply 21February 5, 2017 3:14 AM

Robin can look however she wants to look. She's been through it and got on the other side okay.

by Anonymousreply 22February 5, 2017 3:15 AM

Oprah Winfrey Negro Woman of the South

by Anonymousreply 23February 5, 2017 6:09 AM

This thread was a snare to catch straight posters.

by Anonymousreply 24February 5, 2017 7:16 AM

For whatever bizarre reason, I've listened / liked howard for a long time. I started listening around 2003 because of my long commute. The normal local "mix" channels were so annoyingly syrupy sweet and banal, Howard was the best alternative by far...even being pretty obsessed with strippers and everything hetero (except sports really).

I used to watch the TV show sometimes too, on E! I was in love with KC (I was 21-23 so leave me alone). I sat through all the endless "show me your tits" monologues for KC.

by Anonymousreply 25February 5, 2017 7:43 AM

I need a cock!

by Anonymousreply 26February 5, 2017 8:35 AM

Nicole Bass, one of the Whack Pack, has died.

by Anonymousreply 27February 17, 2017 4:10 PM

Wow. How?

by Anonymousreply 28February 17, 2017 4:16 PM

R27 Nicole isn't dead yet, technically. She's still on life support, which she will be removed from because she's brain dead and has no chance of recovering.

Interestingly, she has been in lesbian relationship since last year with a woman half her age.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29February 17, 2017 4:17 PM

R29 I still think she was born a man.

by Anonymousreply 30February 17, 2017 4:19 PM

R30 She was incredibly manly looking, but I think she was just a masculine looking female who worked out to the extreme and used lots steroids over a long period, which made her look even more like a man.

Here's a picture of her as a young girl.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 31February 17, 2017 4:27 PM

For R20:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32February 17, 2017 4:28 PM

Nicole and her much younger gf.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33February 17, 2017 4:29 PM

I used to be a big fan, but my interest started waning around the time he starting doing AGT. I have no interest in the damn show and he would yak on about it constantly. After that I would just listen to the interviews on Youtube, but for the past year or so I've gone completely off him and don't care any more. I think I blame him in some part for normalizing Trump over the years & it really turns me off. I feel like the staff are all phoning it in too.

by Anonymousreply 34February 17, 2017 4:33 PM

I loved Howard when his FM radio show was syndicated in the late 90s. The turning point for when it started to go downhill was when he left his first wife (and two young daughters) and married the glamorous, sociable and photogenic Beth. Before that he had an average/miserable home life and he was a very funny everyman/black sheep with a small penis. Cut to today when he has guests like Gwyneth Paltrow (gag) and Madonna (his dull interview with her was as if he knew nothing about her) and you have a show that is a shadow of its former self. He kissed up to celebs by saying change was good, and "I didn't really mean it, it was all an act!" (See the shark, jumping?) One thing I do appreciate is that his stance on gayness has always been one big huge non-issue, and would hope that his straight male red state listeners have learned a thing or two from him in that regard.

I miss the days of Fa-Fa Fooey, "It doesn't matta!" and Robin's Theme.

by Anonymousreply 35February 17, 2017 5:08 PM

OMG...Nicole showing off her pieced nipples.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36February 17, 2017 5:51 PM

I guess she was really desperate for money.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37February 17, 2017 5:53 PM

R37 I suspect she had a few mental health issues like Sibohan. When's the last time Howard even had any of the Wack Packers on besides Beetle Juice?

by Anonymousreply 38February 17, 2017 5:58 PM

I never get tired of this:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39February 17, 2017 5:59 PM

Another classic:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40February 17, 2017 6:01 PM

R37 I think Nicole was on his show as recently as last May. She was made fun of as usual. I think it's sad the abuse she took on the show, she was in tears at times.

But she has been ill for years and had money problems. Back in 2015 she was arrested for trying to steal over $1000 worth of groceries.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41February 17, 2017 6:03 PM

I guess Nicole could still afford the collagen injections for her lips.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42February 17, 2017 6:06 PM

Yes, Sibohan was crazy, but did he/she have a point about not being paid for bits?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43February 17, 2017 6:06 PM

Btw did anyone use to post on Dawg Shed before the owner went mental? It's sad there isn't really a place for Stern fans anymore. The Stern subreddit is filled with ass kissing sycophants.

by Anonymousreply 44February 17, 2017 6:09 PM

Poor Nicole was posting pics like this on twitter. She used to be very shrewd and kept herself covered for the most part. She made steady living doing the private wrestling sessions and stuff. She even kept her clothes on the bondage movies she did.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45February 17, 2017 6:13 PM

Hmm, interesting. Howard's website is removing some of the posts about Nicole. Here's a cached version of one that was took down.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46February 17, 2017 6:26 PM

R46 Not surprised. He's been trying to erase as much of his show's history as possible. Once on air, while talking to Gary, he let it slip that any bits about Rosie or Kathy Lee are edited out of Master Tape Theatre.

by Anonymousreply 47February 17, 2017 6:30 PM

Why is the Kathie Lee stuff edited? Those were the best!

by Anonymousreply 48February 17, 2017 10:14 PM

R48 They made up when Kathy Lee started having Beth on her hour of Today.

by Anonymousreply 49February 17, 2017 10:25 PM

"One thing I do appreciate is that his stance on gayness has always been one big huge non-issue, and would hope that his straight male red state listeners have learned a thing or two from him in that regard."

You can't take that away from him. He wasn't preaching to the choir-- he actually changed minds. Many minds.

by Anonymousreply 50February 17, 2017 10:34 PM

Judy drunk and high on pills.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51February 17, 2017 10:43 PM

All this talk about Nicole must have finally done her in!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52February 19, 2017 2:14 PM

Bullshit - the show is better than ever. Steve From Florida - Richard and Sal - A List Celebrity Guests Benji drama - Ronnie....I commute 2 hours a day - all I listen to is Stern, If I had a complaint it is they re-run a lot of the same material over and over

by Anonymousreply 53February 19, 2017 3:14 PM

Breaking News for Stern fans: Artie Lange who was picked up today with heroin and cocaine in his car, per TMZ. This guy... he was so funny but he should just stop with trying to convince people that he's clean. I know he's trying to spare his mother and sister but at this point they should know better after Artie's many years of lying about his drug use. The best course for them is to get their heads out of the sand and prepare themselves for the inevitable.

by Anonymousreply 54March 18, 2017 8:45 PM

The good years were 1993-1995.

by Anonymousreply 55March 18, 2017 8:47 PM

Every homo

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56March 20, 2017 9:41 PM

Poor Artie...he will never kick that habit.

by Anonymousreply 57March 22, 2017 2:00 AM

This was a video that I generally agree with, as to why I have no interest in Howard Stern anymore - and haven't for years and years.

It sounds as if Artie is incredibly disappointed and heartbroken over how Stern has changed.

Info in the video I didn't know before... inside info... Howard sounds so petty:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58March 22, 2017 2:25 AM

I miss Casey!

by Anonymousreply 59March 22, 2017 3:14 AM

This is truly sad, R54. I am so sorry to hear this has happened.

by Anonymousreply 60March 22, 2017 3:16 AM

I stopped listening after Howard left K-Rock. I also watched his late night show, I think it was on E!, I forgot.

Every morning, I taped the show, then, when I got to work, I'd pop in the tape so my co-workers could hear what they missed while traveling to work.

There were some classic shows, and most of those shows didn't even feature celebrity interviews. They were hysterically funny. One of my faves was the Long Island Railroad Fight. I don't even remember what it was about, but the entire department at my job could not stop laughing. The music parody bits were also great.

Are the regulars still on? The people who actually worked on the show: Baba Booey (Gary), Robin Quivers, Mike Gange? How about that extremely annoying guy who claimed to be a hairstylist/makeup artist, I forgot his name, he used to go everywhere with Howard, what about Jackie the Jokeman? I remember Billy West left or was fired.

Artie now has a TV gig, he's on HBO, he's been on the series "Crashing".

by Anonymousreply 61March 22, 2017 3:36 AM

Gange is long gone; Ralph (hair guy) had some kind of falling out with Howard; Jackie left the show ages ago.

Billy West left to make a shitload of money in LA.

by Anonymousreply 62March 22, 2017 3:57 AM

R47, The time Stuttering John stole and went through Rosie O's trash in Nyack was classic.

by Anonymousreply 63March 22, 2017 4:11 AM

This is when the golden age for the show ended--when KC got axed!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64March 22, 2017 4:25 AM

Casey is my nephew, which I only post because nobody will believe me. He's doing well, he sends his love.

by Anonymousreply 65March 22, 2017 4:28 AM

[quote]Btw did anyone use to post on Dawg Shed before the owner went mental? It's sad there isn't really a place for Stern fans anymore. The Stern subreddit is filled with ass kissing sycophants.

I did, until it started looking like Stormfront II over there. It also became extremely cliquey. It's a "Howard Stern forum" in name only now; I haven't posted in 3 years.

Dawg "went mental"? What happened?

by Anonymousreply 66March 22, 2017 4:49 AM

[quote]I loved Howard when his FM radio show was syndicated in the late 90s. The turning point for when it started to go downhill was when he left his first wife (and two young daughters) and married the glamorous, sociable and photogenic Beth. Before that he had an average/miserable home life and he was a very funny everyman/black sheep with a small penis.

Bingo!

Everything and everyone else was just watered down.

by Anonymousreply 67March 22, 2017 6:02 AM

Ralph is still on

by Anonymousreply 68March 22, 2017 6:55 AM

R65 I am surprised that you do not know the proper spelling of your :nephew's" name.

It's KC not Casey.

by Anonymousreply 69March 22, 2017 11:32 AM

Howard is still funny and great.

OP = common hater

by Anonymousreply 70March 22, 2017 8:04 PM

Okay Beth. r70

by Anonymousreply 71March 22, 2017 8:05 PM

R69, I always spelled it Casey. I have seen it mostly spelled your way, but I wanted to make it not findable via google.

by Anonymousreply 72March 22, 2017 8:08 PM

It's KC or Casey. His name is Kyle Casey Armstrong.

by Anonymousreply 73March 22, 2017 8:50 PM

You could tell Howard and Robin were devastated that Trump had won, which must clash with their core audience of assholes and dumbasses. Howard was already mad that Hillary had lost in 08.

It's the W era all over again with Howard and Robin trying not to vent and lose listeners. Shitty times.

by Anonymousreply 74March 22, 2017 9:10 PM

Been a fan since I started listening around 17 years ago. I haven't routinely heard him since the Sirius move because I don't have satellite radio, but I do love listening to clips on YouTube. I agree that his fearless way of interviewing is sorely missed. He's now buddy-buddy with the very people he used to make fun of (who'd have thought he'd eventually make nice with Rosie?). The Whack Pack were hilarious and I loved Robin reading the news. Also, her parody songs are gut-busting epics.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75March 22, 2017 9:19 PM

I used to think that Beth was a gold digger but she really loves him!

by Anonymousreply 76March 22, 2017 9:21 PM

Two words--KC Armstrong

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77March 22, 2017 9:23 PM

[quote]Breaking News for Stern fans: Artie Lange who was picked up today with heroin and cocaine in his car, per TMZ. This guy... he was so funny but he should just stop with trying to convince people that he's clean. I know he's trying to spare his mother and sister but at this point they should know better after Artie's many years of lying about his drug use. The best course for them is to get their heads out of the sand and prepare themselves for the inevitable.

Artie made sure to bring up the fact that his dad's birthday is coming up when he addressed this on Twitter. Artie is using his dad's death 30 years ago as an excuse to do drugs; he always goes on a binge whenever his dad's birthday/death anniversary rolls around. He also fell off the wagon when he turned 40 (dad didn't live past that age). Expect a 50th-birthday binge this October (if Artie's still alive by then).

I can see why Howard banned him--he's exhausting.

by Anonymousreply 78March 22, 2017 9:35 PM

I saw an episode of "Crashing" last week and I was somewhat disappointed.

And Artie has gotten even fatter. But I loved the guy while he was on Howard's show even with all his mishegas.

by Anonymousreply 79March 22, 2017 9:42 PM

I used to love it, but not anymore. Even the early days of Sirius, he was a less ass-kissing interviewer. Now, it can be okay - some interviews are decent - not because he's not ass kissing, just that he can sometimes get his guests to tell entertaining/funny stories. And, Sometimes he can be pretty funny in the opening or the news segment when he and Robin and the staff are must riffing on current events (like the Monday after the Oscars). Also, when he sends the guy who does street interviews out.

But, SO much of the show is, as R1 points out, about the show. 1.5 hours spent talking about Benjy or Sal or some other staff member. It's horrendous. So much time given to internal squabbling or politics. And, my god, all the talk about Jimmy Kimmel - ugh. And, the callers aren't as good - they often call in to give their opinions on whatever staff discussion was being had - thus even more time to "staff programming." Finally, the Wack Pack is not as good and are not funny or enjoyable the majority of the time (still a few moments, but overall not great). At least he can't talk about AGT anymore - that was horrendous - 2 hours committed to the AGT taping from last week - awful.

There's NO sense of "what will happen" (crazy contests, nutty prank phone calls, tough questions to guests, surprise visits). It's just so tepid. I listen to rebroadcasts on Youtube the day after and a lot of times stop or just fast forward through large parts. I guess he has some female consultant/producer/manager at Sirius who was reigned everything in. I keep hearing that ratings/subscriptions are at good levels. So, maybe it's working from a purely business perspective.

by Anonymousreply 80March 22, 2017 10:05 PM

New episodes and old episodes (or at least portions thereof) are available on youtube. Seems to be a lot of fans committed to distributing episodes, even though it's technically prohibited. Sometimes there's a crackdown and you won't see new stuff for a while. But, then it comes back. Also, when he's on vacation (seemingly every other week), the most current episode (like those dated 3/20/17 and 3/21/17) are just replays from the previous week.

by Anonymousreply 81March 22, 2017 10:21 PM

Haven't listened in years but his take downs of Kathie Lee Gifford were priceless.

by Anonymousreply 82March 22, 2017 10:23 PM

R35 and whoever said early to mid 90s was best are correct . But I watched until Howard went to Sirius .

by Anonymousreply 83March 22, 2017 10:24 PM

I loved the channel 9 show. Some of those are on YouTube.

by Anonymousreply 84March 22, 2017 10:30 PM

I'm club-fucking-footed, ya asswipe.

by Anonymousreply 85March 23, 2017 2:12 AM

Ack-ack

by Anonymousreply 86March 23, 2017 2:33 AM

Hey-Now!

by Anonymousreply 87March 23, 2017 3:00 AM

Does he have a good relationship with his daughters?

by Anonymousreply 88March 23, 2017 4:09 AM

I don't like ----talking chairs.

by Anonymousreply 89March 23, 2017 3:51 PM

Artie says he was fired from HBO show but HBO denies it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 90March 24, 2017 1:56 PM

I don't believe he is a regular on CRASHING anyway. He was in the first two episodes and hasn't been seen since.

by Anonymousreply 91March 24, 2017 1:59 PM

I hung out with KC for a bit circa 2007. He was a mess. He brought me up to Johnny Frato's penthouse in Beverly Hills one night. I was constantly getting texts from him about how bad his life had become, and one day he just kinda vanished.

by Anonymousreply 92March 24, 2017 2:05 PM

R92, he moved to his hometown. He's much happier now. Has a longtime girlfriend and does a radio show. I think its an internet radio show. I've tried to tune in, but not too hard. He also just had a book come out. I'll see if I can find the name.

by Anonymousreply 93March 24, 2017 4:19 PM

Artie is on episodes 7&8 of Crashing

by Anonymousreply 94March 24, 2017 10:10 PM

Maryann from Brooklyn is the best!

by Anonymousreply 95May 13, 2017 3:21 AM

Another Artie update: He posted on his Twitter that he collapsed onstage during a recent stand up show. The doctors determined that all of the coke and heroin he's snorted made a hole in his nose and one in his heart that became infected - he was minutes from death but they were able to clean out the infection. He now has a permanent IV line from his arm to his heart for long-term antibiotics. He talks about how he cheated death again and now he will be strong. He warns fans not to offer him drugs, like they've done in the past. Oh, it's the fans fault, you hypocrite?

A followup story to this is that some rehab facility offered him help. Of course, Artie declined. This guy is a lost cause.

by Anonymousreply 96July 13, 2017 5:20 PM

In all my years on the DL (20) we have never had much use for or interest in Howard Stern. He's not really our cup of tea.

by Anonymousreply 97July 13, 2017 5:47 PM

They hired some really awful guy who just calls in and plays whatever dumb character they come up with on the fly and with badly written or improvised commentary. Painfully unfunny idiot. He must be an intern, because I can't imagine paying for such unfunny, lazy shit.

by Anonymousreply 98July 13, 2017 6:31 PM

They have added quite a number of call-in "characters" doing unfunny produced bits in the last year or two. They have: Jeff's lump, Underdog Lady, Caitlyn Jenner, Donald Trump, Bernie Sanders, Tan Mom, Angry Political Guy, Perez Hilton, Mike the Mad Dog, etc.

The one I hate the worst is not even an actor/comedian that the show has do these voices - I hate Sour Shoes. That crazy, unstable, developmentally delayed baby voice and maniac music makes me cringe.

by Anonymousreply 99July 13, 2017 6:45 PM

I thought I was the only one who didn't like Sour Shoes.

by Anonymousreply 100July 13, 2017 7:05 PM

Sour Shoes is annoying, but Richard and Sal using Sour Shoes clips to prank call Steve Langford had me crying with laughter.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 101July 14, 2017 1:18 AM

The recent phony phone call where Richard "Rusty" calls into a religious radio station to talk about how he found Jesus on the 4th of July and how he celebrates with his church congregation and then you hear granny porn playing was absolutely hilarious. I can't find it anywhere on YouTube.

by Anonymousreply 102July 14, 2017 1:27 AM

R102 I haven't heard it but you reminded me of this:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103July 14, 2017 1:45 AM

Another classic:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 104July 14, 2017 1:51 AM

That was great, R103. They played that clip too in that phony phone call. Richard loves guy's cumming.

by Anonymousreply 105July 14, 2017 1:51 AM

The worst caller is King of All Blacks. That guy is ear poison.

by Anonymousreply 106July 19, 2017 3:12 PM

Great interview with Charlize.

by Anonymousreply 107July 19, 2017 4:28 PM

I've been totally distracted listening to the prank call links. I'm hiding in my office stifling my laughter at this one:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 108July 19, 2017 6:34 PM

The 4th of July Richard prank call where the church congregation was getting banged (Blue Iris, Kathy Jones) I still laugh about. Can't find it on YouTube.

by Anonymousreply 109July 19, 2017 6:43 PM

I loved the episode with Darryl Hannah and Tarantino. Howard kept drilling her about JFK jr and how handsome he was and what was it like to make love to someone so good looking and tell me about kissing someone so hot etc ...... finally Hannah, who was drugged up to the gills, said, "Why are you so into my ex boyfriend. You sound like you're on this gay thing ..." to which Howard said, "I am gay."

I always like him after that.

by Anonymousreply 110July 19, 2017 7:23 PM

Wendy Williams was on Howard Stern 7/26 and it got ugly. Wendy's been on at least twice before and it was business as usual during those visits -- Howard asked some probing questions (asked her about her husband cheating, etc.) but Wendy was pretty gracious and even gave Howard props for his years of radio success.

This time, the talk started out pretty innocuous with Howard asking about how much weight Wendy has lost, and then got her to confess that she doesn't allow her staff to get in elevators with her at the studio. She said (paraphrase) because talks for a living and doesn't want to have to make conversations with a bunch of people just because they're in an enclosed space together for a few minutes. Diva! After implying that she was going 'big time' and treating her staff like second-class citizens ala Steve Harvey, who wrote memos to his staff telling them not to talk to him while he's at the studio, Wendy got snippy.

She started ragging on Howard now hanging out with celebrities and vacationing with people like Jennifer Aniston, till she eventually called him a "star fucker". Howard got defensive, which is funny because he has thrown worse comments at guests over the years.

Howard got brusque and you could tell he wasn't interested in furthering the interview. He did ask WW about her personalized emojis and her charity (which I'm sure was her main reason to be there) and that was basically the end. You could feel the chill through the radio.

by Anonymousreply 111July 27, 2017 11:20 PM

She harbors a ton of resentment towards Howard and Robin. I think she believes she should have been "Robin" and it still upsets her to this day despite her having her own career-it angers her. It's always like that when she's in the studio-tense.

by Anonymousreply 112July 27, 2017 11:24 PM

She's obsessed with Howard. Something happened where she was "rejected" by them somehow like for a job or something and it pissed her off. I wish they discuss her jealousy of Robin.

by Anonymousreply 113July 27, 2017 11:27 PM

Wendy exemplifies that caller who calls Howard out for what he used to say 20-30 years ago... We all change... No one is the same as they were 20-30 years but they all think Howard should be stuck in the 80s and 90s. Not getting invited to the birthday bash really pisses Wendy off

by Anonymousreply 114July 27, 2017 11:32 PM

I read on SFN years ago she feels she should have been Robin.

by Anonymousreply 115July 27, 2017 11:34 PM

What's going on with Robin? Is she still sick?

by Anonymousreply 116July 28, 2017 12:24 AM

I thought he became boring after he divorced his first wife. He just became another radio talk show host. He was still on local radio then and I never had the inclination to get satellite radio.

by Anonymousreply 117July 28, 2017 12:34 AM

"After implying that she was going 'big time' and treating her staff like second-class citizens"

Which is INSANE considering Howard has his own private elevator (!) and makes security clears the fucking hallways to the studio (with locked doors) when he arrives in the morning.

What a fucking hypocrite it's unbelievable!

by Anonymousreply 118July 28, 2017 12:56 AM

Regarding the Wendy visit, I'm stunned that Howard got so bent out of shape by WW calling him a star fucker. Usually, he controls the interviews, asking his tried-and-true sex questions (that are no longer as "edgy" as he thinks they are after 30+ years). But WW is an interviewer too and I think she decided to not sit there and let Howard grill her - she gave it back to him and the control freak in him was caught off guard. Plus, I think he got defensive from guilt, going into this explanation of how he can hang with other stars if he wants to. He got pissed instead of just letting it go.

by Anonymousreply 119July 28, 2017 12:56 AM

Stopped listening 20 years ago. Still remember Trump on the show and now hes president. Go figure.

KC was hot AF.

by Anonymousreply 120July 28, 2017 1:08 AM

I don't listen to him much anymore, but Howard was actually a really good interviewer. Of course he always asked the intrusive sex questions, but he was always good at getting people to open up and talk about bad experiences or controversies, or just tell good stories. I think it was because he always had this demeanor of "hey, I'm an outsider in this business, I'm just a regular guy, tell me what it's like to be you." I don't know if he can really pull it off anymore since he's one of them now.

by Anonymousreply 121July 28, 2017 1:08 AM

Wendy talked about Howard being her peer and he rejected that saying he needed to "appoint" her that first. What? Just who does this old anorexic bullshit artist think he is? He got famous by farting and burping on the air. To this day he talks about how he beat off the night before as if an old man's description of busting a nut is good radio, and not utterly repulsive to anbody's ear. He's completely bonkers.

by Anonymousreply 122July 28, 2017 1:16 AM

It's a show for the common man. WAY too blue collar for DL snowflakes.

by Anonymousreply 123July 28, 2017 1:24 AM

Used to love him. And anyone remember his show on WOR-TV? My ex and I would stay home most Saturday nights to watch it, and laugh until we cried. I don't think I've ever laughed so hard.

And he's an excellent interviewer. He knows just where to dig.

But when he left Allison and got obsessed with strippers and porn, I gave up.

by Anonymousreply 124July 28, 2017 1:52 AM

Wha R124? I think some of these anti-Howard Stern posts don't listen to Howard Stern.

by Anonymousreply 125July 28, 2017 2:18 AM

Miss this guy, "Beetle Juice" -

During his appearances on Howard, he had a short-term, on-off girlfriend; Howard had deemed her "Baby Juice." "Beetle Juice and Baby Juice"!

Years later my husband and I adopted two cats, male and female; and we'd named them . . . !

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 126July 28, 2017 2:41 AM

I cant stand Ronnie the limo driver who is endlessly shoved down our throats on a daily basis. I love when Howard imitates his mother and Wendy is always good for a few laughs.

by Anonymousreply 127July 28, 2017 2:43 AM

For R127:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 128July 28, 2017 3:26 AM

Howard's mother has a huge bush.

by Anonymousreply 129July 28, 2017 3:36 AM

All the Wendy Williams interview with Howard links from this week have been scrubbed from YouTube indicating Howard is pissed.

I heard a bit of the interview live and Wendy did come in with attitude that seemed to catch Howard off guard. She wasn't clear about what was bothering her, but it was good radio.

by Anonymousreply 130July 30, 2017 10:51 PM

There is way too much Ronnie and Scott the Engineer-and, Bobo- good lord with that dude. I don't know what all that's about. It's just too much. None of them are interesting.

by Anonymousreply 131July 30, 2017 11:06 PM

Wendy came in with some agenda. She kept telling Howard he changed and was not the Howard she loved. She asked him at one point if he even drove a car anymore, to which Howard went off on her. He said she was purposly trying to make him look like an asshole. She knew he had a driver and she has a driver too, but that he drives on his own time. I think Wendy is just trying to start beef with him for her show, I mean how many times can you talk about the Khardasians and Black China pr Remy Ma I mean who gives a fuck.

by Anonymousreply 132July 31, 2017 3:12 AM

She's always been like with him though. She's been a guest for a good number of years and she's always held aggression towards him.

by Anonymousreply 133July 31, 2017 3:15 AM

Which tbh if any has changed it is Wendy. She was much more open about gossip. I remember when she accused Tyson Beckford and Derek Jeter of fucking. She said Tyson had a tattoo of Derek on his body. She constantly accused Whitney Houston of doing crack so much so Whitney called him to tell her to shut the fuck up. Now she won't say boo about rumors. All she does is speculate on celebrity gossip ..and it is not even good gossip. The old Wendy is gone. We got white Wendy now.

by Anonymousreply 134July 31, 2017 3:21 AM

It may be because her kid is older now. Breeders change when their spawn get old enough to see their work.

by Anonymousreply 135August 1, 2017 6:42 AM

I still appreciate Howard, but the show isn't as tight as it used t be. And these long celeb interviews are a bore.

Bobo's walk of shame was pretty classic. Reminded me of the old Howard.

by Anonymousreply 136August 1, 2017 2:23 PM

A lot of Shuli too. I don't know. I think Howard is tapped out.

by Anonymousreply 137August 1, 2017 2:47 PM

I was a longtime Stern fan, but started to get really bored and gave up last year. On some level I do resent him for giving Trump a platform so many times over the years. I just tried to listen to some recent clips to hear his take on the news, and it wasn't worth the bother. Very stale. There's far funnier commentary to be found elsewhere nowadays.

I think anyone would struggle to stay relevant & keep up the same level of quality after 3 decades on the air. He can still do decent interviews, but I won't go out of my way to listen unless it's someone I'm particularly interested in.

by Anonymousreply 138August 1, 2017 2:52 PM

He had that closeted asshole Jeremy Renner on. I didn't listen to it-I don't support closeted people.

by Anonymousreply 139August 1, 2017 3:37 PM

Howard's house in the Hampton's is crazy. I was expecting something like Hampton's country chic not this tasteless attempt to recapture Gatsby. In fairness he probably had little to do with its construction or design, but its still difficult to imagine him feeling comfortable here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 140August 2, 2017 2:44 PM

Damn, that house is ugly!

by Anonymousreply 141August 2, 2017 6:02 PM

What house? r140.

by Anonymousreply 142August 2, 2017 6:07 PM

Omg, boff!

by Anonymousreply 143August 2, 2017 6:12 PM

I miss Billy West.

by Anonymousreply 144August 2, 2017 6:15 PM

It's the Ronnie, Scott, Bobo, and Shuli show! I can't even listen to it!

by Anonymousreply 145August 2, 2017 6:53 PM

I just read some stuff about Howard's wife Beth that blew my mind. I've been listening for 25+ years and I never heard this gossip before. These came from a Howard fan site, so you gotta keep an open mind. There are people who are not believing Beth's stories about modelling in Europe for years. An interview done with Beth in 1996, before she married Howard, and she tells how she lived in Europe for X years, doing photo shoots and that she was making upwards of $1400/day. She also says she speaks 7 languages. So, there are those who think that Beth was not modelling but was one of those women who get paid to be shipped into the Middle East and service rich Saudi oil millionaires. The talk is that no one can find any modelling pictures of Beth that show her in Europe. They think it's strange that this "top model" has no print work on the internet from those years.

Secondly, there are people who have always been suspicious of the story Howard tells about how he and Beth met - he says it was at a dinner party and they just clicked. I found that there are people who believe Beth was at the fateful party not as a guest but as a paid escort. Some find it unbelievable that Beth could afford to live in NYC on her supposed modeling salary and was supplementing her income by being an escort. Howard didn't know that when they met and it's not clear if he knows now.

Again, this is all speculation by a bunch of faceless people behind keyboards, but I like it cause it's so juicy! Has anyone on here heard these rumors before?

by Anonymousreply 146April 7, 2018 4:07 PM

You should have started a new thread. remember Paul McCartney's second wife,Heather, was supposed to be a model too. She probably went to The Middle East and served as an escort there. Her modleing was hardly artistic it was very smutty.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 147April 7, 2018 4:22 PM

Was Melania an escort?

by Anonymousreply 148April 7, 2018 4:37 PM

R148 she was brought to the US by an Italian businessman........

by Anonymousreply 149April 7, 2018 4:41 PM

Hmm...maybe that’s why Howard is so quiet about Trump?

by Anonymousreply 150April 7, 2018 4:44 PM

I listened to Howard for years, starting in the early 90s and followed him to Sirius for a few years before I gave up. But as others are saying the show changed. It's to be expected over that length of time but after he divorced Alison and met Beth things started going downhill. After Beth he was more interested in hanging out with the Hamptons set, and hanging out with celebrities. And not Z-list celebs like Dee Snyder either. So the dynamic of the show changed. All of the sudden he was worried if what he was saying might offend his new friends in the PC crowd and that kind of thing. The show became a lot less entertaining. It was a good ride while it lasted. Lots of laughs over the years.

by Anonymousreply 151April 7, 2018 4:54 PM

I used to lurk over at Stern Fan Network and lets just say Beth O didn't have a lot of fans over there. It's true that Howard said she spent several years in Europe "modelling". The only evidence the guys over at SFN were able to dig up of her modeling work from before she met him were from things like cheap lingerie catalogs and that kind of things. A very sparse record or her "work". Back then she was a little too thick to be very successful beyond that kind of work. No shame in that, it pays the bills, but it's not like she was modelling for Victoria's Secret or even any fashion mags.

by Anonymousreply 152April 7, 2018 5:03 PM

He was fun on the radio. Didn't watch much as he moved to televising.

by Anonymousreply 153April 7, 2018 5:09 PM

Who here knows Chris Wilding? He writes a lot of the gross Ronnie songs (“Wet Cunt”) and is gay.

by Anonymousreply 154April 7, 2018 5:10 PM

He’s still on, R154. I love “Donny Enos”.

by Anonymousreply 155April 7, 2018 5:12 PM

Scott Salem, who has worked for Howard for 30 years as Scott the Engineer and has given the show many, many hours of on air content, has to make a gofundme page because his wife has been bedridden for 2 years as a result of multiple cancers. He needed $50,000 for home care, medical equipment and changes to his house to make it handi-capped accessible because he has depleted his savings and insurance won't cover it. Howard has contributed nothing. Not even a mention of it on the air to "promote" Scott's cause. Of course Howard can do whatever he wants to with his millions and millions of dollars, but Scott is in desperate need. Enough to go public and literally beg for money. Shame on Howard. He is a vile and heartless person.

by Anonymousreply 156April 7, 2018 5:15 PM

I saw that story R156. Artie is gonna do a benefit to raise money for them.

by Anonymousreply 157April 7, 2018 5:18 PM

I agree Beth’s successful European modeling career is bullshit. I believe she spent more time in LA auditioning and trying to become an actress/famous than anything else. She dated actors in LA and lot of her other ‘successful’ model friends were just LA wannabe actresses like her.

When she met Howard she was one of David Letterman’s models. She would present prizes to audience members. Of course later Letterman got rid the models and replaced them with his mistress, Stephanie.

When Howard finally admitted that Beth was living with him; he said it was because her apt was shitty and her neighbor had water damage. So she definitely wasn’t living the high life until she met him. I think he embellished her resume so she won’t come across as a no talent wannabe famous gold digger. I have a feeling if she never met Howard she would have become of those early reality tv contestants. You know those shows like temptation island or something. A lot of those people were (and are) wannabe actors trying to make it and end up on reality shows.

by Anonymousreply 158April 7, 2018 6:51 PM

r146 ..I saw 1 picture of Model Beth...it was a print add for either Penneys or Sears...nothing else

by Anonymousreply 159April 7, 2018 7:20 PM

I’ll donate to Scott.

by Anonymousreply 160April 7, 2018 7:22 PM

Scott has reached $62,000, higher than his $50,000 goal. Howard should announced on air that he would match funds up to a certain amount. Of course, he doesn't have to do this, but it would have been nice.

by Anonymousreply 161April 7, 2018 7:29 PM

As I understood it, Scott chose to stay in his union making pennies while Fred, Robin, and Howard went on to make millions, represented by Don Buchwald since the early days of the show. I remember a salary of $80K being discussed at one point.

I contributed to his GoFundMe. I always felt sorry for Scott, he is a weirdo but has been mercilessly bashed for decades.

by Anonymousreply 162April 7, 2018 7:37 PM

Howard’s very private. I fully believe he will take care of Scott.

by Anonymousreply 163April 7, 2018 7:38 PM

Thanks for donating R162.

by Anonymousreply 164April 7, 2018 7:38 PM

R164 we love you Scott. We didn't want Howard To Fuck You Up The Ass. I'm happy he didn't.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 165April 7, 2018 7:51 PM

R163, if Howard helped Scott privately, Scott never would have had to go public and make a gofundme page. Scott's wife has been battling cancer for 4 (or 5) years now and this is the first we are hearing about it. Seems to me like Scott would have liked to have kept this private, but he had no other choice and was in desperate need. And for all these years, Howard has known about the struggle Scott has been going through, so it's not like Howard can feign ignorance.

by Anonymousreply 166April 7, 2018 8:09 PM

I can’t believe Howard wouldn’t help Scott out.

by Anonymousreply 167April 7, 2018 8:25 PM

R166 can you call in on Monday and ask?

by Anonymousreply 168April 7, 2018 8:44 PM

R168 A few people have tried to call in to Howard's show and to the Wrap Up Show. They were told by the screener intern, that they were running behind and couldn't fit the call in.

by Anonymousreply 169April 7, 2018 9:00 PM

Whoa. Hmm...wow, cool. Thanks for the info. Do you call in, btw?

by Anonymousreply 170April 7, 2018 9:04 PM

Any love for KC?

by Anonymousreply 171April 7, 2018 9:06 PM

R170 No. I would get all tongue tied. I'd be just like JD, barely able to make a coherent sentence.

by Anonymousreply 172April 7, 2018 9:12 PM

You could be a new wack packer, R172.

by Anonymousreply 173April 7, 2018 9:14 PM

R162 was it really a matter of choosing to stay in the union? Aren't there some rules about audio engineers in NY that require him to stay in the union?

by Anonymousreply 174April 7, 2018 9:16 PM

That picture at R29 is what steroids will do to a woman. I'll bet her clit is 6" long, just like Chyna. And we see what happened to her.

by Anonymousreply 175April 7, 2018 9:43 PM

There is one person that still intrigues me from the show - I love Tan Mom because she is a wreck and you never know what she's gonna say. These other people are old timers that I would love to hear updates on: I I loved KC and his mental issues - I wish that they'd bring him back every couple years just to hear how he's made out. I know he lost his looks - I saw a picture of KC on YT and he looked downright scary and evil. He was heavier and coarse looking, like a truck driver who kills hookers and buries them . Steve Grillo - that kid had such an ego; so sure he was gonna end up an actor and the last time he was on, he was working as a census taker. Siobhan the transsexual - is that nut still in the squat apartment with 50+ cats?

Last is Nicole Bass -- I wish she had written a book before she died. She has so many stories to tell - all her arrests, various lawsuits, her sideline of wrestling men for money, her husband/him dying in bed with her, bouts of pancreatitis, filing bankruptcy, her younger years (crazy sister, father was abusive, mother died when Nicole was young), being picked up for shoplifting, finding lesbian love after her husband died, being mistaken for a man, etc. Oh, Nicole, I miss you.

by Anonymousreply 176April 7, 2018 9:46 PM

Steve Grillo - Tracey was right about him. douche! Seven year intern!

It’s apparent that Robin had a cancer recurrence last year - anyone have details?

by Anonymousreply 177April 7, 2018 9:55 PM

R174, this is all from memory but it seems Scott had the opportunity to be represented by Buchwald but preferred to stay in the union. I don't know why. He earned some extra money touring with Shuli et al for a while but didn't like the travel. Stern offered him $250K to receive anal from a porn star (Lexington Steele?); he accepted but then changed his mind.

by Anonymousreply 178April 7, 2018 10:00 PM

I remember after Diana died they did this bit where Robin played Di and Jackie was the drunken limo driver. Also back in the day Pat Cooper and Gilbert Godfried were great guests.

by Anonymousreply 179April 7, 2018 10:27 PM

I don't find Beth all that attractive, is it just me?

by Anonymousreply 180April 7, 2018 10:41 PM

She has horse face

by Anonymousreply 181April 7, 2018 10:46 PM

KC’s fine. He sends his love.

by Anonymousreply 182April 7, 2018 10:49 PM

That’s when they impersonated and perforrmed R179. They don’t do that amongst each other hardly anymore. I do love when Howard acts though.

by Anonymousreply 183April 7, 2018 11:36 PM

I hope KC's happy. He has battled a lot of demons.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 184April 8, 2018 12:09 AM

He’s doing better than ever. He has a book coming out soon. It’s about people who have overcome obstacles.

by Anonymousreply 185April 8, 2018 12:11 AM

I hope Scott is okay. I’m so depressed by this now.

by Anonymousreply 186April 8, 2018 12:13 AM

KC was hot AF back in the day

by Anonymousreply 187April 8, 2018 4:09 AM

R177 I recognize that you were asking for more information in your own comment, but what made you think that Robin had a recurrence of cancer? I missed that entirely on the show. Any links?

by Anonymousreply 188April 8, 2018 4:49 AM

For a few months at the beginning of last year, you could tell that Robin was not in the studio and was appearing via ISDN line. There were technical issues, weird timings and I even think Howard’s controversial “sick day” was more for Robin. They never talked about it as they did with her first battle, but towards the end of the summer you could tell she was back in the studio and then Howard started making references to cancer. The day they did the big Robin Diva project they posted this photo which - draw your own conclusions.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 189April 8, 2018 10:26 AM

In the mid-late 00s I was briefly an Opie & Anthony fan, for my sins. They despised Howard.

The breakup of this show and the fall of its namesakes has been tragic & hilarious, thanks to the comedic stylings of the savage fanbase who have turned on every single former participant of the show.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 190April 8, 2018 1:44 PM

I've been a listener since 1982. And yeah the show is currently at a low point. Unlistenable.

by Anonymousreply 191April 8, 2018 3:35 PM

I think because the focus has gotten away from Howard, Robin, Gary, Fred, and Scott. Lots of staff things now. Last week, I think Shuli mentioned his “gig”. I think that’s kind weird. Do Tonight Show people have “gigs”? Yeah, the Tonight Show. But, I guess.

by Anonymousreply 192April 8, 2018 3:39 PM

"Bad As Can," The Beetlejuice song sung by the magical genius, The Beet (and backed by Staind).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 193April 8, 2018 3:54 PM

What's with Robin not saying anything to help out Scott Salem? She doesn't have to worry cause Howard ain't gonna fire her and you think she'd have sympathy for Scott's wife since Robin had her own cancer battle. She could throw the GoFundMe info in at the end of the news with the line "we want to help our friends Scott and Robin. Scott does not want to bring his wife's medical issues public but here is the info for the fans who want to help". That should shut down the asshole callers... hopefully.

Howard lets people who donate to North Shore sit in the studio and interviews them; he feels fine letting his wife's charity benefit from his fame but he won't help a guy who he worked with for so long? That's a new low.

by Anonymousreply 194April 8, 2018 6:52 PM

I’m really hoping this is more than what it is.

by Anonymousreply 195April 8, 2018 7:09 PM

No love for Fez & Ronnie B., but a hundred of you like Hoo-Hoo Howie? Wow.

Fez Whatley is actually family, too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 196April 8, 2018 7:56 PM

Enough ^^.

by Anonymousreply 197April 8, 2018 8:23 PM

Is it possible that Sirius might have a ban/policy against employees solicitating on-air and that's why Howard has been silent? Maybe they don't want to their people using the company airwaves to ask the audience to support them, like Bababooey having a GFM for his sons college tuition or Richard Christie having one for a new car seat for his infant or Sal for hair plugs. Or another DJ whose mother needs a kidney transplant. Anybody could ask for money for anything and all that could spiral out of control.

by Anonymousreply 198April 9, 2018 2:41 AM

R196 But Fez said has has a wife who is a lumberjack who eats tons and tons of meat.........does that mean that he lied to us? ;)

by Anonymousreply 199April 9, 2018 2:59 AM

I want an update on Andrea Ownsby, Miss Howard Stern. She was a bigger mess than Nicole Bass and Tan Mom.with her drinking, drugs, 6 abortions, car accident, rehab, stripping, implants, metal plate in her head, loving KC, search for a sugar daddy, biracial daughter... the list goes on. When she was 21 she told Howard that she didn't plan to live to 30, so I wonder how she's handling life.

by Anonymousreply 200April 9, 2018 6:04 AM

Didn't he help out Artie and Robin a few times?

by Anonymousreply 201April 9, 2018 11:55 AM

Howard has always been an asshole about his crew making money on the side. He, Robin, Fred and Gary all make good money from the show but the rest of them don't make much at all. I kinda understand that he doesn't want their side gigs to interfere with their primary job of doing the show but at the same time he has to understand that radio doesn't pay jack shit for his crew, the job is part time at best, and NY is expensive. He gets resentful if they find success outside the show and pretty much no one from the show has left on good terms. He couldn't take that Stuttering John and Billy West left to greener pastures. He figures that he "made" them and they should be forever loyal to him, never leave and be grateful to be making the peanuts that get thrown their way.

So it wouldn't surprise me if Howard is intentionally keeping this off the air to screw with Scott. he can be a real dick to his crew.

by Anonymousreply 202April 9, 2018 12:16 PM

R202 is completely false.

by Anonymousreply 203April 9, 2018 1:14 PM

Really R203 did you listen to the same show I did all those years?

by Anonymousreply 204April 9, 2018 1:25 PM

I've been a long time fan since the early '90s. I was first captured by Robin's laugh. He's evolved over the years & Robin's still fun. I listen every day. Hard to believe this wild couple is 60-yrs old.

by Anonymousreply 205April 9, 2018 1:25 PM

I still listen R204. And, I bet you listened. Anyways, Howard’s gripe was all of their energies were placed on their “side gigs” instead of the Howard Stern Show with their announcements, social media BS, all of that. And, you’re close to getting blocked, so I suggest you go away.

by Anonymousreply 206April 9, 2018 1:31 PM

You missed the point R206. Yeah, I get he didn't like his crew being distracted from their main job but like I said He should have been more understanding about their situations and their need to make money on the side. What would be the reason he wouldn't mention Scott's GFM? It can't be a Sirius thing because he's mentioned things like that before like when Artie did benefits for various people. You are in complete denial if you don't see that Howard can be a major asshole sometimes.

by Anonymousreply 207April 9, 2018 1:45 PM

I was a late follower of his. I started listening to him, despite myself, in the mid 90s. But then I suddenly stopped. I remember the exact day -- it was the day after the Columbine shooting. I was listening to him that morning as I was walking to my train station, at that time the Metro North station at Spuyten Duyvil, to go into Manhattan for work. He said that he was surprised that the boys hadn't tried to rape any of their female class members, because he had seen some beautiful girls running out of the school on TV the day before.

I had always thought that he was pretty inappropriate, but thought that it was mostly for outrage effect. But the sort of naïve tone of his voice when he asked why the boys hadn't raped any of the cute girls sent a chill through me because I really sensed that he was, at heart, a bad person. And that was later verified when the whole cover story of his being a great and faithful husband to his wife was shown to be an absolute lie, just a cloak for all his leering, creepy commentary.

by Anonymousreply 208April 9, 2018 1:55 PM

Alright, blocked. You obviously don’t like Howard Stern. Blocked.

by Anonymousreply 209April 9, 2018 1:57 PM

R205 is being facetious.

by Anonymousreply 210April 9, 2018 2:11 PM

LOL what a hysterical Hannah at r209! The queen of all queens -- "I BLOCK EVERYONE WHO DISLIKES ANYTHING I LIKE!!!!!"

by Anonymousreply 211April 9, 2018 2:17 PM

For real R211. No effort to explain their point of view. Just "you're wrong and I'm gonna block you." LOL.

by Anonymousreply 212April 9, 2018 2:23 PM

I think r209 was referring to me, r212 -- my story of being turned off the Stern was at r208. I mean, yeah it's true. I DO obviously dislike him. But it's not like I didn't give a reason.

by Anonymousreply 213April 9, 2018 2:27 PM

No, it wasn't you R212. Look at R206.

I was a huge fan. I listened for over 20 years and hung in there longer than any of my friends who were listeners. But being a fan doesn't mean that you can't see the faults in someone.

I would have never guess that a long term Howard fan and someone who comes to DL could be so thin skinned. But it's good for the LOLs.

by Anonymousreply 214April 9, 2018 2:31 PM

Howard is a great interviewer but clearly not a great person. Don't why some of you have a problem with that assessment.

by Anonymousreply 215April 9, 2018 2:31 PM

Ugh, I meant R213. Ha, I'm R212.

by Anonymousreply 216April 9, 2018 2:32 PM

^know

by Anonymousreply 217April 9, 2018 2:32 PM

I'm not being facetious [R210]. I'm listening to him right now. The story he shared this morning about putting his cat to sleep was heart breaking.

by Anonymousreply 218April 9, 2018 2:50 PM

Yes, it was, R218.

by Anonymousreply 219April 9, 2018 2:59 PM

Stern stopped being entertaining around 20 years ago when he became part of the show biz establishment he used to make fun of.

by Anonymousreply 220April 9, 2018 3:05 PM

Yes he's an absolute mainstream bore now I'm not surprised if he hangs out with Woody Allen now! He used to rip him to no end.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 221April 9, 2018 4:46 PM

R208. You distiled it down and cooked it up in a spoon. Gross. I mean Howard.

by Anonymousreply 222April 9, 2018 5:08 PM

I have the whole 9/11 show recorded...I dont know what processed me to do it that day but its starts at the beginning which I think was 6am. You got to here them all talk as the events unfolded...first thing Howard said, was it was Bin Laden....

by Anonymousreply 223April 9, 2018 6:04 PM

He despises Woody Allen 221

by Anonymousreply 224April 9, 2018 6:44 PM

oooops R221 He doesn't like or respect Woody Allen

by Anonymousreply 225April 9, 2018 6:46 PM

I've listened to Howard for years and these are the three things that I think defines Howard:

1) Privacy

2) Loyalty

3) The show comes first

Look at the three people who have been with him the longest, Robin, Fred, and Gary. They don't talk about Howard, they are loyal to Howard and they always put the show first. Everyone who has flamed out on that show did so because they forget or forgot that it is the Howard Stern Show. It's not called Howard & Friends. It's all about what Howard finds funny. Or Howard's politis. Or the pieces of Howard's life that he wants to share with the audience. If you listen to show, you know what's off limits.

Yes, the show has changed. But Howard has evolved more so than he has changed. I think Howard smartly understands that, as a 65 year old man, he can't do the bits and gags that he did 20 and 30 years ago, without looking like a sad old man. The one thing that hasn't changed is that he finds people fascinating, which is what makes his interviews so interesting to listen to . But the thing is he still finds the homeless guy outside of the studio, just as fascinating as the A list movie star.

As for his celebrity lifestyle. I think he loves his wife and wants to be present in his marriage, unlike his last one.

by Anonymousreply 226April 9, 2018 7:15 PM

A lot of that stuff was a one way street with him R226.

by Anonymousreply 227April 9, 2018 7:52 PM

What r220 said. My favorite was when he had that show on Channel 9. And before that. Once “Private Parts” came out, it was all over.

He used to be so angry and it was funny.

by Anonymousreply 228April 9, 2018 8:01 PM

R228 has not listened in decades, probably. And, even then, it was barely.

by Anonymousreply 229April 9, 2018 9:01 PM

KC was hot AF

by Anonymousreply 230April 10, 2018 12:08 PM

KC was indeed hot, but man was he stupid. Then he went crazy. Then he became not hot leaving him stupid, crazy and not goodlooking.

Very sad.

by Anonymousreply 231April 10, 2018 12:13 PM

Remember when the auctioneer of celebrity memorabilia came in with a Superman costume worn by Christopher Reeve? For fun a couple of the guys decided to try it on. Howard was too tall and skinny to fill it out. Artie couldn't squeeze into it even back in his thinner days. KC was a perfect fit.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 232April 10, 2018 12:22 PM

I'm fascinated by Medicated Pete and want updates on him, that Purple Rain singing fool. He is another mess - like Grillo, he thought he was gonna get discovered being on the show and found that it's not always success on the Stern show. Wonder if he still goes to the library every day.

by Anonymousreply 233April 10, 2018 9:37 PM

I saw Benjy in Manhattan and he looked like shit. He was with a very blah looking woman. What a bloated whale like thing he is and short to boot.

by Anonymousreply 234April 10, 2018 9:51 PM

R232 thanks

by Anonymousreply 235April 11, 2018 12:41 AM

When they have grandpa Ronnie the Limo Driver talking about sex, dildos, eating ass, etc. it is so gross.

by Anonymousreply 236April 11, 2018 12:49 PM

Was Howard always this involved witg the staff? I mean, Grillo, Stuttering John...but everyday is Ronnie, Sal and Richard, Shuli...maybe I’m out of touch.

by Anonymousreply 237April 11, 2018 2:27 PM

The staff and their antics have always been a big part of the show but my guess is that as Howard has gotten older and has less reason to bitch about his home life in combination of being more reserved about spilling too many details about his celeb friends and there being no Jackie/Artie to fill in time the staff has become more of a focus.

by Anonymousreply 238April 11, 2018 2:30 PM

I find Sal absolutely intolerable. Do he and Richard still make frequent visits to the studio?

by Anonymousreply 239April 11, 2018 4:07 PM

Richard's the worst. So dumb.

by Anonymousreply 240April 11, 2018 4:08 PM

So who’s had Chris Wilding?

by Anonymousreply 241April 11, 2018 9:12 PM

Old yellow newspaper with half the laughs.

Artie’s solo podcast is better.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 242April 11, 2018 10:48 PM

[quote] I dont know what processed me to do it

Oh, dear.

by Anonymousreply 243April 11, 2018 10:52 PM

Ugh - today was a special show featuring grandpa Ronnie the limo driver and his young fiancee. Ronnie revealed that he likes pegging and they decided to devote a whole segment to discussing their sex life. Listening to Ronnie yelling and being obstinate raises my blood pressure whenever he's on but hearing how he's gonna test out a 18-inch double dildo on himself and his GF at the same time just makes me nauseous. Is it a guy thing, hearing the details of some other guys sex life, even when the guy is in his 60's? Do you get around it by imagining yourself in his place, having sex with a different woman? As a female, I'm not entertained.

by Anonymousreply 244April 17, 2018 5:23 PM

Robin was sick this morning. She was in studio, but sick. Ugh.

by Anonymousreply 245April 17, 2018 6:00 PM

Is Robin dying?

by Anonymousreply 246April 17, 2018 6:12 PM

R244 As a female, why are you here?

by Anonymousreply 247April 17, 2018 8:03 PM

R247 needs to get woke. Females are fabulous and this is not a segregated website.

by Anonymousreply 248April 17, 2018 8:05 PM

Stephanie is much prettier than I was expecting

by Anonymousreply 249April 17, 2018 10:25 PM

KC was hot AF

by Anonymousreply 250April 18, 2018 1:32 AM

Anyon e had him?

by Anonymousreply 251April 19, 2018 8:50 AM

They are doing a LOT of phone bits and I'm curious how that works. Are they all pre-planned or spontaneous? Yesterday, Howard picked up the phone various times and had people doing characters at a moments notice. For example - during Robin's news he did a story regarding Sarah Huckabee and the had a woman doing her character on the line and had a conversation where the lines came almost naturally.

He'll be talking about Tan Mom and then "click" he has someone else on the line as Tan Mom. They have a rotating cast of regular characters (Trump, Angry Political Guy, etc) but there are random ones that are just there at a moments notice. I don't count Sour Shoes in this, but some of it seems too random to be set up before the fact. Does he just have callers on the line who can improvise a relevant conversation with a radio host w/no script? What do y'all think?

by Anonymousreply 252April 19, 2018 4:55 PM

The interviews aren’t as juicy as they once were but once in a while when the guest is game he recaptures some of the old magic. His recent talk with Drew Barrymore, for example, was fascinating.

by Anonymousreply 253April 19, 2018 5:43 PM

252 it came out a long long time ago that Howard's show is scripted. It has been that way forever. Sorry to burst your bubble dear.

by Anonymousreply 254April 19, 2018 5:47 PM

I understand a lot of the bits are scripted, but I'm using the example of when Robin does the news. So Robin has to pre-plan her news stories so that Howard can crow-bar in a 60 second bit of banter with an actress who is imitating Sarah Huckabee? Then there are other examples, like where Howard seems to pick a random call during one of Robin's news stories and suddenly he's going back and forth with a caller or character that sounds like they're feeding lines. Howard just has a troupe of people getting paid to sit with scripts waiting for the moment he can interrupt Robin's news for random exchange of hilarity with Howard?

by Anonymousreply 255April 19, 2018 6:13 PM

No r121 Howard's interview skills aren't effective because he tries to front with the "I'm a regular Joe" bullshit, it's more calculated than that. Howard has a skill of an attorney that is really good at leading a witness. He puts words in people's mouths. For example he'll make a statement about someone and he'll end the statement with "don't you?" or "aren't you?". Sometimes the statement is flattery, sometimes it's leading as in the answer is implied by the statement. This way Howard flatters or tricks people into talking about things they may not have wanted to through his interview technique. Once he gets them talking he reassures them "See that wasn't so bad right? So now tell me about. . ." and the interview continues and he gets more and more invasive since the door has been opened.

Here is a definition of leading questions "Some leading questions are assumptive, meaning that the questioner makes an assumption in the process of asking the questions. Others use implications, and some are coercive, designed to strongly suggest the preferred answer. They can also create false links in the mind of the witness, and some psychological studies have shown that using these questions can actually result in the implantation of false memories.

Learning to formulate questions can take time. People who ask questions for a living often receive special training in how to ask them, making people like journalists, psychologists, police officers, and lawyers especially skilled at asking questions well. As a general rule, questions should be asked in a way that invites a person to make a response without being influenced by the attitude of the questioner. For example, a parent talking to a teen who was out late could say “where were you last night,” instead of “you were at a party last night, weren't you?”

He doesn't do this to everyone and he may not do it at all anymore I haven't listened to him in a long time. But he clearly was schooled in how to lead people to talk about things they might not want to. His regular guy image and self deprecating humor helps disarm most from seeing him as a threat to their privacy. He's a scum bag.

by Anonymousreply 256April 19, 2018 6:23 PM

I also noticed that when Howard is trying to get info out of people, he will asking a leading question and end the question with the words "tell the truth". I started to notice this back in the days when Stuttering John was still there - they'd get Artie in the middle of a story and John or Howard would says something like "Oh, you know you drank 6 bottles of Jack Daniels over the weekend, didn't you, Artie? Tell the truth...". Their phrasing of "tell the truth" was not a demand, but more like here's your chance to take this opening and add to it - we're all waiting.

I guess some people could lie their way out of it, but sometimes the person maybe wondered if Howard already knew the truth and it was just easier to spill their guts.

by Anonymousreply 257April 19, 2018 6:38 PM

R256 He was fed salacious information by Gary and company before Stern did interviews. When Fran Drescher appeared on around the same time Warren Beatty was on, the threesome info was provided by a listener to Gary. Beatty wanted to do Isabelle Adjani and Drescher at the same time but Fran said no

by Anonymousreply 258April 19, 2018 6:40 PM

Apparently, Scott's wife died on 6/18 and it hasn't been mentioned at all by Howard. No speech or condolences or sorry for your loss.. Does Scott even still work there?

by Anonymousreply 259June 25, 2018 1:18 PM

r259

how did you find this out?

by Anonymousreply 260June 25, 2018 1:23 PM

He sent it a Tweet with the news.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 261June 25, 2018 1:33 PM

Poor Scott.

by Anonymousreply 262June 25, 2018 10:43 PM

How can Howard ever bring Scott back on the air? All he did for YEARS is call Scott a loser with a black cloud over his head, that he's gonna die any day from years of smoking, that he's a sad sack whose mother told him that the family is cursed? How can he negate all those years of putting the man down and now make it all "a joke" after the poor man loses his wife?

by Anonymousreply 263July 8, 2018 3:43 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!