Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Gymnast Kerri Strug

The best and most talented gymnast in the history of American Gymnastics! Always the strongest, most graceful, powerful, gymnast in the lot whose technical difficulty surpassed any other bitch I had the misfortune of training alongside with and being overshadowed by! (Looking at you and your fucking scrunchie, Shannon).

Determined, focused, and the sole reason America won its first ever Olympic Team Gold. I'm also the lone reason the US has since dominated the sport! And I did it all on one leg!!!

And don't you bitches dare bring up how odd it is that I am essentially the only gymnast who never managed to win an individual World or Olympic medal!!!

All these threads about other gymnasts are null and void because they should have been about the most courageous and beautiful gymnast the sport ever created.

Always overlooked but always the class of the field, I am Kerri Strug!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 260October 15, 2019 7:09 PM

Link to the previous thread although why anyone would want to go back and look at Nadia's ugly, leather, face is beyond me.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1February 3, 2017 3:48 AM

Come on, boys. Feel free to rave about my beauty!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2February 3, 2017 3:49 AM

Kerri, are you a man?

by Anonymousreply 3February 3, 2017 3:50 AM

Shannon at R3... ask your husband.

by Anonymousreply 4February 3, 2017 3:52 AM

Now you've got me googling the Mag 7 to see what they've been up to.

by Anonymousreply 5February 3, 2017 3:57 AM

Little Dominique Moceanu has a 10-year-old. I feel so old

by Anonymousreply 6February 3, 2017 3:59 AM

Kerri and Shannon have one thing in common - no Olympic AA golds.

by Anonymousreply 7February 3, 2017 4:00 AM

Piggy piggy Kerri, fat woman, I vomit my last meal at thought of her huge clumsy ass

by Anonymousreply 8February 3, 2017 4:05 AM

Wrong, R6. She has an 18 year old. She just got rid of her the way her parents got rid of unwanted babies.

She was always a little whore.

by Anonymousreply 9February 3, 2017 4:05 AM

[quote]I vomit my last meal

WHOREkina at R8 by meal do you mean when you ate mat?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10February 3, 2017 4:07 AM

Domi Moceanu was a little whore! Running off to the Cayman Islands with a married man (with children) when she was still an underage teenager! I made her wear a Scarlet A when she trained at my gym!!

by Anonymousreply 11February 3, 2017 7:12 AM

You just know gymnastics has gotten bad, when you can go back and appreciate a 1995 Gina Gogean Floor Ex routine 100% more than you did back in the day!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12February 3, 2017 9:36 AM

I remember at the height of her reign (of terror), some people kept asking about Shannon Miller, why was she not more popular or more of a "brand?" She had, after all, achieved more career success than Mary Lou Retton and Kim Zmeskal.

Well, the truth was: bitch was boring. Not just her complete lack of personality, but her forgettable gymnastics, too!

by Anonymousreply 13February 3, 2017 12:41 PM

Kerri just knabbed the lead in the bus & truck tour of Annie! As Annie! At 35 years old! Who says being a gymnast doesn't have its' perks?

by Anonymousreply 14February 3, 2017 12:41 PM

Me Nellie Kim. How am I Russian?

by Anonymousreply 15February 3, 2017 12:44 PM

OP is just trying to piss some DLers off because they were never fans of Keri.

by Anonymousreply 16February 3, 2017 6:23 PM

Comenici Nadia. Hello America

by Anonymousreply 17February 3, 2017 6:29 PM

R16 obviously has no idea how this works.

by Anonymousreply 18February 3, 2017 6:53 PM

R16 is obviously Shannon who is bitter that I did both scrunchies AND screeching violins better than she ever did!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19February 3, 2017 7:09 PM

Ugh! She's a Deplorable! She's a Bush appointee who works for the feds!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20February 3, 2017 8:32 PM

She was on that Trading Spaces show a hundred years ago.

She came off as really snide and superior.

Later, someone on here sent out a link that she was selling all of the furniture they bought and made for her on Craig's List like the day after the episode aired.

by Anonymousreply 21February 3, 2017 8:38 PM

kerri's pussy stinks!!

by Anonymousreply 22February 3, 2017 9:51 PM

Dominique M. ran off with a married man? Who?

by Anonymousreply 23February 3, 2017 11:46 PM

R23 it was all covered in the previous thread. I hadn't heard about it until reading it there either.

The married man was some sales rep who used to sell her dad gym equipment for their gym. Apparently he swept Domi off to the Cayman Islands and fucked her (while his wife sat at home).

Domi was like 16 at the time or something like that.

by Anonymousreply 24February 4, 2017 12:50 AM

Hi Gina at R12! No one cared about you on the previous thread. No one cares about you on this one. Go away!

by Anonymousreply 25February 4, 2017 1:18 AM

Oh yeah Kerri. The only thing you did better was NOT winning any individual medals. I guess you thought that scrunchie would fool the judges into thinking you were me. Nice try, cunt!

by Anonymousreply 26February 4, 2017 1:20 AM

I told you bitches to NOT bring up my NOT winning any medals.

I didn't stand a chance at winning any medals like you, Shannon because UNLIKE you, I didn't train exclusively with Steve in the art of ass eating.

by Anonymousreply 27February 4, 2017 1:24 AM

How embarrassing is it that Kerri never even won one single U.S. National title???

by Anonymousreply 28February 4, 2017 2:10 AM

Speaking of embarrassing:

What happens to Shannon when she's actually forced to compete for a spot on the Olympic team.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 29February 4, 2017 2:12 AM

And, really, why did Shannon either bother with the Olympics since it never ended in AA gold like she thought it would.

by Anonymousreply 30February 4, 2017 2:36 AM

even bother

by Anonymousreply 31February 4, 2017 2:38 AM

Shannon's breath stunk of Steve Nunno's hairy butthole!!

by Anonymousreply 32February 4, 2017 6:49 AM

whore

by Anonymousreply 33February 4, 2017 10:44 AM

Back when Svetlana was hosting Olga and Nadia on Mars, filling craters with Marlboro Light butts and posting here, bitching about being unappreciated...those were good times

by Anonymousreply 34February 4, 2017 3:22 PM

Please notice my perfect to point in R29 cunts!!! Even when I fall, I win!

by Anonymousreply 35February 4, 2017 5:37 PM

r24

where is the info on moceanu in the nadia thread? i couldn't find it

by Anonymousreply 36February 4, 2017 8:32 PM

[quote]Even when I fall, I win!

Except you don't.

by Anonymousreply 37February 4, 2017 11:10 PM

R36 check in the Gogean thread.

by Anonymousreply 38February 4, 2017 11:11 PM

FAHK you beeetches!!!

3 threads about gymnasts, and nun about meeeee! I keel you!

by Anonymousreply 39February 4, 2017 11:16 PM

What about me?????

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40February 5, 2017 12:17 AM

For R36, re: Moceanu

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41February 5, 2017 12:19 AM

Um.. how did I miss this video?

Look at how Kerri keeps checking out the guy's package.

She does it throughout the entire video.

Kerri likes dark meat! Who knew???

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42February 5, 2017 12:26 AM

What was the short-cut, dykey mop-top favored by some of the US women in 1996 (Kerri Strug, Amanda Borden). I don't remember that hairstyle being particularly in fashion back then.

by Anonymousreply 43February 10, 2017 7:54 AM

Didn't Mary Lou win against non Soviets in LA? So her victory was kind of tainted, just saying.

by Anonymousreply 44February 10, 2017 9:10 AM

You don't, Kristy at R43? Weird considering you tried to jack it thinking it would make you a decent gymnast.. or at least better than that atrocious shit you called gymnastics.

And let's not forget that you were CO-National Champion... and only because someone better fell on bars. Yes, even with a fall, she still TIED you for First.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45February 10, 2017 12:34 PM

Szabo at R44, remember your face plant on Bars?

by Anonymousreply 46February 10, 2017 12:35 PM

Mary Lou, remember your HAND DOWN on your full-in FX TF that still scored a 9.9? Seems like Szabo could've hit 12 for 12 and she still wouldn't have won with the JANK ASS scoring down in L.A.

Let's not even bring up McNamara's FX tens with double fulls in them.

by Anonymousreply 47February 10, 2017 2:01 PM

Ma, sit down. Your bars set was the equivalent of a Level III's.

Maybe you should have tried doing a real bars set.

by Anonymousreply 48February 10, 2017 2:16 PM

Shut it, LU and your one year of relevance because all of us back here know that once you hit 9 years of age your days were done for and you better kiss the ground and be thanking buddha everyday that Ki Gwang Suck took a step on her dismount in Barcelona EF's, because otherwise THAT 7 year old would have been walking home with the gold.

by Anonymousreply 49February 10, 2017 2:20 PM

[quote] thanking buddha everyday that Ki Gwang Suck took a step on her dismount in Barcelona EF's

You tried it but like your hopes for an solo individual gold, you failed. How embarrassing that you couldn't do a good enough job to not have to share your medal with an American.

How many individual medals did yo win again in 84?

p.s. maybe also learn to hit a handstand.

by Anonymousreply 50February 10, 2017 2:29 PM

You bitches shut up. Dont talk about bars. You no good on bars. I am Queen of bars!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 51February 10, 2017 2:33 PM

Oh please, WHORE-K, none of your titles count, because we all know the FIX was in and good because that's the only way Russians win any medals, period. Your bars titles are ALMOST as legit as your countrywoman MUSTAFA's Olympic medals this year.

And as for you LU, how many World titles do YOU have? What's that? ZERO POINT ZERO? Yeah, that's what I thought. Be gone, you have no power here!

by Anonymousreply 52February 10, 2017 3:22 PM

Sorry, pathetic, bitch.

Solo Olympic Gold beats anything you could ever have done.

You TIED with an American who fucked Scott Baio. Hang your head in shame.. wait, no, just hang yourself and get it over with!

by Anonymousreply 53February 10, 2017 3:24 PM

what was it like getting your first period at 26 years old?

by Anonymousreply 54February 10, 2017 3:26 PM

Hey, back in the day we ALL fucked Scott Baio!

by Anonymousreply 55February 10, 2017 4:21 PM

Oh please, Lu it's only a matter of time until your legit birth certificate pops up online and your stripped of your solo Olympic Gold, so enjoy it while you can. Some of us were able to win legally even when we had to deal with cheating GDR, URS and USA (ahem, Julianne!) judges.

by Anonymousreply 56February 10, 2017 4:26 PM

Keep telling yourself that Ma. And you just keep on enjoying your SHARED Gold!

by Anonymousreply 57February 10, 2017 4:40 PM

Homophobia is psychologically rooted in misogyny. This tedious thread is a perfect example of ancient white fags displaying their hatred masked as admiration for women. Gymnasts are small underdeveloped young women upon whom old white fags can project THEIR own venomous and jealous nature. Show your ass some more old dude. Your discomfort is not funny.

by Anonymousreply 58February 10, 2017 4:42 PM

Olga Korbut's thieving ass needs to quit.

by Anonymousreply 59February 10, 2017 4:53 PM

I'm assuming you're Moceanu R59. Don't you have a married man to fuck?

by Anonymousreply 60February 10, 2017 5:02 PM

I'm really offended that you stupid bitches keep arguing amongst yourself and nobody has addressed how much I love dark meat. I leave that post for you guys and then my thread goes blank for days.

Now I know how empty Kim's pussy feels, you know, with the gay husband and all.

by Anonymousreply 61February 10, 2017 8:19 PM

[quote] Hey, back in the day we ALL fucked Scott Baio!

Ain't that the truth!!

by Anonymousreply 62February 13, 2017 5:52 PM

R58 doesn't know that Kerri's old rivals, one of them anyway, really does frequent datalounge

by Anonymousreply 63February 13, 2017 6:15 PM

Why the hell are none of you assholes talking about ME??? No one has meant more to American gymnastics than ME!!!

by Anonymousreply 64February 14, 2017 2:31 AM

We already gave you the two posts you were worth, Cathy at R64. Now leave us alone while you put your bare pussy stank all over another beam.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65February 14, 2017 2:35 AM

Lick me CUNTS!!!!

by Anonymousreply 66February 14, 2017 7:18 AM

Cathy the only gymnast ever to do TAMPON commercials, because what self-respecting gymnast actually gets their PERIOD? No wonder you never won anything with all that blood flying out of you!

by Anonymousreply 67February 14, 2017 9:53 AM

[quote]No wonder you never won anything with all that blood flying out of you!

God, Marcia, I can't believe how stupid you are. Is it because you're so fat?

I know you're dumb but you don't even make any sense. Blood was not flying out of me, you dumb, stupid, cunt. Do you not know what tampons are for you worthless cow who couldn't even do Nadia's routine?

by Anonymousreply 68February 14, 2017 12:40 PM

Tracee Talaveera was adorable

by Anonymousreply 69February 14, 2017 1:00 PM

Why did they even hold trials in 96?

Why did I even bother showing up?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70February 14, 2017 5:24 PM

I've been wondering the same exact thing for 20 years, Katie...

by Anonymousreply 71February 19, 2017 8:31 AM

No gymnast is attractive. They're all creepy looking.

by Anonymousreply 72February 19, 2017 8:49 AM

I'm a riddle wrapped up in an enigma of thousands of years of Eurasian crossbreeding. And I'm fabulous!

by Anonymousreply 73February 19, 2017 9:21 AM

r73.. Dats right!! Never 4 get! I love bubble gum!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74February 19, 2017 11:42 AM

I remember watching that clip years ago R74. The most fascinating thing about it was when she goes on to talk about how the most exciting thing about her Seoul Olympics was getting to see real live black people!!!

by Anonymousreply 75February 19, 2017 3:48 PM

R72 you're clearly stupid.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76February 19, 2017 3:49 PM

[quote] The most fascinating thing about it was when she goes on to talk about how the most exciting thing about her Seoul Olympics was getting to see real live black people!!!

The bitch nearly fainted when she saw us! She didn't know we were allowed to do gymnastics!

by Anonymousreply 77February 21, 2017 5:16 AM

UGLY!

by Anonymousreply 78February 21, 2017 11:03 AM

Dominique and Betty both proving you are both dumb, bitches!

by Anonymousreply 79February 21, 2017 12:07 PM

R78 = Lebedeva

by Anonymousreply 80February 21, 2017 12:10 PM

r80... What's your damage?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 81February 22, 2017 3:18 AM

Jesus, Doni, MY damage? Really?

You were the fat, younger, version of Amanda Borden... except even way less talented. And that's saying something!

by Anonymousreply 82February 22, 2017 11:54 AM

Um serious damage r82. Amanda wishes she could have my 1995 Us Nat's beam final gold medal. But she was 2 busy practicing her college level vaults, as I gallivanted over that beam , like Manda did for all the male coaches during her slutty floor routine hip pussy pop grind~

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 83February 24, 2017 6:08 AM

God damn, Kerri competed at U.S. Nationals for what, 6 years, and she doesn't have ONE single national title to her name??

How pathetic is that??

by Anonymousreply 84February 24, 2017 6:29 AM

r84

Well Kristen,

I have THREE national titles, 2 on Vault(where my most famous moment occurred) and 1 on Beam(fuck if I won beam that must have been a shitshow) so fuck off

by Anonymousreply 85February 24, 2017 9:22 AM

r85... Um excuse me, Yang Bo wishes she had the form Kerri did with her slippers and bent knee back layout frigid stepout staccato movement dream!

by Anonymousreply 86February 24, 2017 9:48 AM

You all missed the point. Kerri's beam and her swastika layouts were meant to be a statement on human rights.

by Anonymousreply 87February 24, 2017 9:49 AM

r84... Kristin Honey.... I love you. Everyone says you were the first Mykayla Skinner, and I totes agree. You are my idol. And they say we dont have good lines! The nerve!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88February 24, 2017 9:51 AM

Um... Dominique Dawes has been live Instagramming her miscarriage over the past two days. Incredibly sad.

by Anonymousreply 89February 24, 2017 10:21 AM

What, R89? That made me laugh, but you're serious?

Doni Thompson - had never heard of her. Decent routine, if pensive. I like learning about all these lesser lights.

by Anonymousreply 90February 24, 2017 5:44 PM

Yeah, R89 is accurate. Dominique Dawes was on her IG talking about how she was in the process of having a miscarriage. Apparently she's known for awhile she was going to miscarry but was holding on to hope that there'd be a miracle. She was giving a LOT of detail about what was specifically happening, detailing that she would not need a D&C, her pelvic exam, how they discovered an 11 week gestational sac and large clot, and how she was now at home waiting to "fully complete the miscarriage."

She said she was writing about it because she wanted to make women aware that they need to ask every question possible in situations like this (because if she hadn't and insisted on the last exam they wouldn't have discovered the clot).

by Anonymousreply 91February 24, 2017 5:51 PM

r90... Yep. She was actually best on bars. She made the 1995 worlds team, and then she was like, Okay thats enuff! Just bounced on outro from the Forsters. Who were devastated. Kristy Powell with her constipation run, gave them a lil hope with her American Cup win outta nowhere, but alas...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92February 24, 2017 9:07 PM

Doni will forever be known for her stupid comment, "I don't need to go to the Olympics because Worlds is the same thing!"

No, it's not you dumb, stupid, talentless, bitch!

by Anonymousreply 93February 24, 2017 9:13 PM

Doni Thompson, one of the athletes the United States was counting on in its quest for the team gold medal in women's gymnastics at Atlanta, has quit at age 14.

Her coach for the last seven years with the Colorado Aerials, Tom Forster, said that he was surprised at the timing because he had heard her say numerous times that she prayed every night about making the Olympic team. But he said that he also knew that she was not entirely committed to the sport. She almost quit last year before earning a berth on the U.S. team for the world championships in Japan.

"I think she just didn't like working that hard anymore," he said. "She liked gymnastics, but I don't think she wanted to put the time into it that it takes to be an Olympic-caliber athlete.

"It's a positive story because she did what she wanted. She's diving now for her high school. But it's a sad story because America needed her. We could put her up first in an event, and she would still hit. You're not going to get seven girls winning gold medals, but she did extremely well in that role. The judges liked her."

by Anonymousreply 94February 24, 2017 9:20 PM

Doni, do you want to tell the world why you really quit?

by Anonymousreply 95February 24, 2017 9:22 PM

Hmm r95.... I'm a proud mother of 2. The only action my lil poon tang was getting back then, was when I split the beam!!! ouch!!! Now as a proud mother of 2 rumblin tumblin boys, life couldn't be more quaint. My two boys are my Olympic gold medals! r95 the only things you have mothered are gonorrhea, and chlamydia. How dare you try to diminish my career. Having me confused with Dom. Moceanu.... #sorrynotsorry

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 96February 24, 2017 10:11 PM

Doni apparently not only did you quit gymnastics, you quit school.

You WOULD have had a 21 year old. I know reading is your best attribute, but please do try to keep up.

by Anonymousreply 97February 24, 2017 10:13 PM

r97, Oh Tom still mad I was your only great hope for the Olympics... and after me, you plummeted down the USAG food chain? What ever happened to you?

My point remains as strong as my toe point ever was - THE ONLY KIDS I HAVE, ARE THE TWO GOLD MEDALS I ALREADY MENTIONED.... this mythical inception you speak of 21 years ago, is again not my life. Confused with Dom. Mo...

Also for my huge fan base I will give you a lil gem of a throwback.. Heres me in 2001 performing for UCLA... We won the NCAA's that year.... mostly cuz of me. giggle. But hmm all this Olympic talk, UCLA has 2 gold medal winning gymnasts this year, and I doubt they will even medal at the super 6... SO my point was correct... Worlds are really the same as Olympics.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98February 24, 2017 10:32 PM

Ugh, r91, how awful. Why couldn't she just deal with it, be private, and speak, tweet, and post after its all over.

If a friend of mine was instagramming losing a baby, I would try to get to her in person and convince her to stop with the fucking phone and be a human being.

by Anonymousreply 99February 24, 2017 10:35 PM

wow Doni... the bar really bends here

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 100February 24, 2017 10:42 PM

r100. WOW Don resorting to body shaming. Body shaming - misogynist.

Yeah the bar bent, so I could rise and fly... Are you mad? Jealous much?

Like Oprah and her famous poem... STILL I RISE...

by Anonymousreply 101February 24, 2017 10:49 PM

[quote]come on, boys. Feel free to rave about my beauty!

Aww, don't be such a bitch R2. I think she's cute and friendly looking.

by Anonymousreply 102February 24, 2017 10:56 PM

It's funny how, fat, washed up, whorey, gymnasts who sucked and never accomplished anything always point to NCAAs as though it ever meant anything.

Trust me, I know.

by Anonymousreply 103February 25, 2017 2:37 AM

It was always curious that Kerri ended up at the Forrestors. It boggles the mind that she'd train there after being at Karolyi's and Dynamo. Why go to some no name gym? Why didn't she try to go train at Hill's Angels or even Al Fong (well, even she probably knew what disaster that would be) or Parkettes or Browns? You know, some place that had at least produced gymnasts of her calibur?

by Anonymousreply 104February 25, 2017 2:40 AM

Unless gymnastics success led to endorsement and appearance money or a commentary job, such that you could live off of that money for a while, NONE of it means anything. It's a pointless, abusive sport. But, raise that gold high!

by Anonymousreply 105February 25, 2017 2:40 AM

R105 = Soni Meduna

by Anonymousreply 106February 25, 2017 6:18 AM

r103. Hi Donna Strauss. Quitters try! Still obsessed with my mushroom all these years later. It's okay, I still got my 10's from my final gymnastic comp at the NCAA championships clinching the win for Bama! ROLL TIDE!

Stay pressed haters.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 107February 25, 2017 6:24 AM

R104 - Colorado Aerials in 1994 - though they hadn't (yet) produced successful senior elite gymnasts - may have been the subject of a certain amount of "buzz" as an up-and-coming gym (think WOGA in 1999 or 2000....which influenced Vanessa Atler to go there in 2000). Their junior gymnasts of 1994 seemed to be appreciated for their good technique and form - which were noticed by certain keen observers. Kerri may have been given some "tip" that the Forresters appeared to be good technical coaches.

And from what I've seen of Tom Forrester from around that time, he appeared to be kind-of Karolyiesque/Nunnoesque in his personality: outspoken, self-promoting...with the type of persuasive tendencies that may win over an established gymnast like Kerri. Kerri was used to demonstratively confident coaches who were "big talkers" - and Tom may have presented himself as the next Karolyi/Nunno.

As for Kerri's apparent rejection of Hills - honey, she had suffered in the shadows of big-name clubmates before, and she was *not* about to go down that road again. Dominique Dawes was the queen of Gaithersburg, MD - and the only way that she was going to play second-fiddle again was if she got desperate enough to go back to Karolyi's.

Perhaps the Kim Kelly fiasco turned her off of Parkettes - that and the possibility that she received some advice that Parkettes would not help her much with her basics. And you must have forgotten that she actually was at Browns for awhile, I believe. I forgot the exact reason why she left Browns (Browns was her first "stop" in her post-Barcelona U.S. gym tour: she was there before she went to train with Shannon Miller at Nunno's).

by Anonymousreply 108February 25, 2017 11:11 AM

R104 - I have heard people express praise and appreciation for how Kerri's gymnastics looked (relatively-speaking) while she was training with the Forresters. There are many people who think that the Forresters were *not* the weak link in Kerri's coaching chain - in terms of pure gymnastics.

But Kerri felt that she wasn't as "consistent" while training with the Forresters - Kerri apparently preferred the body-grinding, soul-taxing style of coaching that stressed an insane amount of repetition.

Again - due to Tom Forrester's attention-grabbing persona and some promising-looking gymnasts (Doni Thompson, Theresa Kulikowski, Kristy Powell), there was something of a "buzz" surrounding Colorado Aerials in the mid-'90s - the type of buzz that WOGA would capture a few years later. It's something of a mystery to me why - after some mid-'90s triumphs - they quickly faded into obscurity instead of building on the momentum of Thompson's and Kulikowski's 1995 World Team berths and Kulikowski's "near-miss" of the 1996 Olympic team.

by Anonymousreply 109February 25, 2017 11:59 AM

That's right, R108 - I was NOT going to play second fiddle to a (future) Democrat.

by Anonymousreply 110February 25, 2017 3:32 PM

R109 you seriously wonder why that gym faded? It's because Tom couldn't produce a single Olympian and he had a history of gymnasts that would quit right before the Olympics.

Why'd they all quit?

Because he was the newest Don Peters.

Seriously.

by Anonymousreply 111February 25, 2017 3:47 PM

What Colorado Aerials gymnast - besides Doni - quit right before the Olympics? I'm not familiar with any Aerials gymnast after the Thompson-Kulikowski-Powell era...which is sort-of the crux of my point. That gym didn't seem to fade gradually - it disappeared into obscurity rather quickly after Kulikowski's post-1996 misfortunes.

I still remain a little mystified - even though the Forresters didn't get a gymnast onto the 1996 Olympic team as Tom Forrester boasted that they would. It wasn't a huge detraction against Aerials that none of its gymnasts made that Olympic team - because USAG was leaning toward the named gymnasts (the 1996 Olympic team is nearly identical to the 1994 Dortmund World Team). I kind-of thought that Aerials would only build on the "breakthroughs" it made in 1994-1996 - or at the very least remain a higher-profile gym for the next several years.

If Tom Forrester is another Don Peters, that's certainly been a well-guarded secret for 20 years. And Doni seems to come from the type of family that would have zero tolerance for that horseshit- but would they keep quiet about that?

by Anonymousreply 112February 25, 2017 4:19 PM

Hmmmm. Love the old fluff pieces.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113February 25, 2017 8:39 PM

Their great hope the year before after winning American Cup, out of nowhere. Miss Miller didnt even make the finals.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 114February 25, 2017 9:07 PM

I guess there was a reason Doni was Tom's favorite and not Kristy.

by Anonymousreply 115February 26, 2017 12:18 AM

I'd like to point out that Kerri was not the only one to do Swastika Layout Stepouts. And like everything else, Kerri was only second best at them!

by Anonymousreply 116February 26, 2017 5:44 PM

Dawes' layout stepouts were nowhere near as terrible as Kerri's. Nobody's were. People over-exaggerate Dawes' form issues (part of which was ingrained, with her natural bow-leggedness). Well, except for Dawes' back handsprings into her beam dismount. Other than that, Dawes had lots of amplitude and explosive power. At least she hit perfect split leaps.

by Anonymousreply 117March 1, 2017 12:12 AM

Keep telling yourself that, Kelli.

by Anonymousreply 118March 1, 2017 1:00 AM

Dawes was much more exciting to watch than Shannon by 1994, at least.

Fatter Shannon became stale and unwatchable by around 1994, and the judges weren't the only ones to agree!

by Anonymousreply 119March 1, 2017 1:08 AM

Yeah, but no one was fatter than your teammate, Amanda, R119!

by Anonymousreply 120March 1, 2017 1:18 AM

Poor Olga. Mostly because she's still only the second best Gymnast out of Belarus and the only name she could be given was, "Sparrow from Minsk."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 121March 1, 2017 8:32 PM

Shut up, Bogi! You're just upset because you were not a pioneer and innovator of the sport the way I was.

And you were an overrated cow!

by Anonymousreply 122March 2, 2017 3:11 PM

Olga Korbut used to poop in Tourischeva's gymbag ALL the time!

by Anonymousreply 123March 2, 2017 3:32 PM

Oh, please, Olga. I have way more medals than you, I'm prettier, and unlike you... I'm not a convicted felon.

by Anonymousreply 124March 2, 2017 3:55 PM

haha. Poor ET face just posted this:

Right, Olga. You didn't sell your medals because you're broke. That makes total sense. So you sold your medals because.....?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 125March 2, 2017 3:58 PM

Why is gymnastics so shitty these days?

by Anonymousreply 126March 5, 2017 3:09 AM

Shitty?

Do you mean like your hair or your face?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 127March 6, 2017 3:58 AM

It's mechanical due to the new Code of Points - which tried to take the guesswork out of scoring, make a subjective sport less subjective. I actually agree with some of the premise for changing, but they took it too far. Now it's just skill on top of skill on top of skill. Since there's no cap, gymnasts just get more points by throwing more skills/moves, instead of doing skills better (better form, toe point, lines, etc.).

by Anonymousreply 128March 6, 2017 4:03 AM

Yeah, we've discussed the COP pretty in depth. It's basically ridiculous now. It's getting to the point where they're basically "competing" skills that they can't even do just because the value is so high that even if/when they fall, it'll still outscore anyone else because the point value is so high.

by Anonymousreply 129March 6, 2017 4:09 AM

America's First World Champion, Kim Zmeskal, has coached her own gymnast to an American Cup Title! Ragan Smith took the title this weekend .

Ragan's floor exercise is below. For some inexplicable reason they chose to use Kim's former club mate, Phoebe Mills' music. God knows why as it was just as awful back then.

One thing is clear though...Kim has done an excellent job at coaching her athlete. Ragan has inherited Kim's atrocious dance ability.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 130March 6, 2017 12:59 PM

How many world medals and titles do you have again, Kerri?

Oh, that's right! ZERO!

by Anonymousreply 131March 17, 2017 1:28 AM

Kim, go suck a dick. I'm sure your "husband," can give you some tips on how to do that...

by Anonymousreply 132March 17, 2017 2:06 AM

Both of you bitches suck! And neither of you were as graceful as me!!

by Anonymousreply 133March 17, 2017 2:21 AM

And do either of you tired, graceless bitches have a move named after you that is still being performed over 25 years later??

I DON'T THINK SO!

p.s. Kim, you were always the fat one in Bela's "sixpack!"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 134March 17, 2017 2:24 AM

Those losers from GGMB have raped and invaded Datalounge!!! Get some Raid!

by Anonymousreply 135March 17, 2017 2:28 AM

Wrong, Betty. Erika was the fat one, which is why she was always throwing her brains up in the bathroom. And bitch, please, hardly anyone has done your "move," in 25 years. YOU could barely do your move.

And you really should stop before someone outs what you were munching on in Barcelona.

by Anonymousreply 136March 17, 2017 2:31 AM

You were all hideous and ungraceful. Especially you, Wendy! I wonder who you sucked off to get onto the Barcelona team?

by Anonymousreply 137March 17, 2017 2:34 AM

Really, Michelle? You want to talk about who was sucking off who?

Some of us didn't have threesomes with our coach and mother.

by Anonymousreply 138March 17, 2017 2:37 AM

The only Kim who matter to anyone, anywhere is ME, basic bitches!

by Anonymousreply 139March 17, 2017 2:56 AM

Who, R139?

by Anonymousreply 140March 17, 2017 3:04 AM

I saw Elena Produnova taking a piss standing up.. and BOY did she have a big, huge dick!

by Anonymousreply 141March 17, 2017 3:27 AM

What's with Strug's little squeaky midget voice?

She sounds like a tiny yapping dog!

by Anonymousreply 142March 17, 2017 3:57 AM

She is.

by Anonymousreply 143March 17, 2017 3:58 AM

I met Produnova in person at 1997 world's. She is absolutely gorgeous. And I am a gay man.

by Anonymousreply 144March 17, 2017 4:38 AM

You just wanted Produnova to top you with that huge cock, R144.

by Anonymousreply 145March 17, 2017 4:43 AM

It was nice watching Betty Okino back then, especially since the other gymnasts were quiet during the competition. It's so annoying hearing "YOU GO BECKY!!!" every 3 seconds during competitions now.

by Anonymousreply 146March 17, 2017 7:49 PM

Betty just posted this photo on her Instagram... I guess celebrating the anniversary of the 1991 Worlds.

It's sort of sickeningly sweet how close all of the 92 & 96 Team are... Betty and Kim Z are still BFF and Kim Z is disappointingly very close with Svetlana B & Shannon... rivalries don't last forever.... well, unless you're Kerri. Like I said, they all seem extremely close with one another (Kim Z is about to head to Vegas to help celebrate Shannon's 40th)... but none of them really seem to interact that much with Kerri.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 147March 18, 2017 12:20 AM

Wow. Even then my star power eclipsed everyone else!

by Anonymousreply 148March 18, 2017 5:22 AM

Shannon's definition of "star power" = looking like a rat fetus.

by Anonymousreply 149March 18, 2017 5:29 AM

oh Hi Kerri, with no individual medals EVER!!! Do you still wet the bed?

by Anonymousreply 150March 18, 2017 5:37 AM

"She is absolutely gorgeous. And I am a gay man. "

What does that mean?

by Anonymousreply 151March 18, 2017 5:42 AM

Oh Shannon, wet the bed? Do you really want to go there? Do you really want to talk about who has had what go on in the bedroom? Because if you want to we can bring you first AND second husband into this conversation...

by Anonymousreply 152March 18, 2017 5:43 AM

Kerri, can I help it if SO many men desire me? You are so sad. Please seek help.

by Anonymousreply 153March 18, 2017 6:39 AM

r152

Bring the husbands up

by Anonymousreply 154March 18, 2017 12:15 PM

Oh, Shannon. SO many men DESIRE you? Wanting to piss on your face isn't a desire. And just because you've had two husbands and Nunno do that to you does not equal SO MANY MEN.

by Anonymousreply 155March 18, 2017 4:08 PM

Just wanted to remind you bitches who the darling pixie of the 1992 Barcelona Olympics was! Nobody was more adorable or had better music or more elegant dance than ME!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 156March 20, 2017 1:25 AM

Kerri Struggle

by Anonymousreply 157March 20, 2017 2:09 AM

Oh Kerri! My sides! Was that dancing or were you having a seizure? For a moment I thought I was watching the Special Olympics.

by Anonymousreply 158March 20, 2017 6:26 AM

Shannon, please. You think we've forgotten how you would use that god awful, screeching violin music in an effort to make people's ears bleed so they wouldn't pay attention to how you'd embarrass yourself all over the floor? hahaha. I can't help but laugh at how Peggy thought those hand gestures of yours would translate into "dance." Get some real music and get some REAL tumbling, bitch!

by Anonymousreply 159March 20, 2017 12:33 PM

Remember when Shannon vaulted and got her period post flight?

Filthy little bitch.

by Anonymousreply 160March 21, 2017 12:45 AM

Remember when I won all those individual gold medals cunt? Yeah, thought so, basic bitch!

by Anonymousreply 161March 21, 2017 5:34 AM

Remember when Shannon won all of those undeserved medals and high scores.. including her impossible compulsories bar score at 1994 Worlds, and then Little Miss Hissyfit had to leave the American team high and dry, and they still won a silver medal without her? Yeah, thought so, greedy Miss "Diapers under her leotard!"

by Anonymousreply 162March 21, 2017 8:21 AM

[quote] It's sort of sickeningly sweet how close all of the 92 & 96 Team are...

The 92 team was not sickeningly sweet! We all hated each other! And I was stuck being Shannon's roommate!!!! :(

by Anonymousreply 163March 21, 2017 8:23 AM

Dick Enberg called Dominque Dawes the most charismatic athlete since Muhammad Ali.

LOL.

by Anonymousreply 164March 21, 2017 12:04 PM

I'm talking about NOW you dumb bitch, Dominique. The way you all post showing how much you hang out together is gross.

Now go tumble out of another vault, bitch!

by Anonymousreply 165March 21, 2017 12:56 PM

[quote]The 92 team was not sickeningly sweet! We all hated each other! And I was stuck being Shannon's roommate!!!! :(

Jesus, you really are a dumb cunt, Dominique. Did landing on your head all those times when you gave away the world All-Around title.. not once, but TWICE fuck your memory up? You didn't room with Shannon in Barcelona, you bitch.

by Anonymousreply 166March 21, 2017 3:57 PM

"Remember when I won all those individual gold medals cunt? Yeah, thought so, basic bitch! "

Did you ever win the Olympic all-around gold?

by Anonymousreply 167March 21, 2017 11:51 PM

Speaking of Shannon Miller and Soni Meduna (??!!), I just came across the 1994 Goodwill Games competition on Youtube, and who the hell thought it was a good idea to let f'ing Steve Nunno send only his Dynamo gymnasts to this meet??

They are like a team of wannabe Shannon-clones with their huge scrunchies!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 168March 22, 2017 1:22 AM

What are you talking about, R168? I create champions!

by Anonymousreply 169March 22, 2017 1:28 AM

Me! Me! Me!

by Anonymousreply 170March 22, 2017 1:35 AM

Rimming doesn't mean what you think it does, Shannon.

by Anonymousreply 171March 22, 2017 1:42 AM

Shut up, Marianna!

You're just jealous that there isn't a hairy man's ass this side of Oklahoma that doesn't love my face!

by Anonymousreply 172March 22, 2017 1:48 AM

[quote]You're just jealous that there isn't a hairy man's ass this side of Oklahoma that doesn't love my face!

WRONG!

And I can vouch for that!!!

by Anonymousreply 173March 22, 2017 2:01 AM

We're talking about hairy man ass, Bart; not the shaven baby-smooth ass of a former aged twink.

by Anonymousreply 174March 22, 2017 3:20 AM

Oh, my bad, Shannon at R174. But I know someone else that can vouch for that then!

by Anonymousreply 175March 22, 2017 3:36 AM

Nadia's pussy stinks!!

by Anonymousreply 176March 27, 2017 12:57 AM

Like you'd know, Bart.

by Anonymousreply 177March 27, 2017 1:11 AM

Kerri Strug was the biggest slut of the Magnificent 7.

You couldn't pry her away from any gloryhole or cruisy restroom on our tour bus route!!!

by Anonymousreply 178March 27, 2017 1:20 AM

Nice try, Amanda. However, biggest slut in Atlanta would have to go your personal idol, MLT. You know, the whore homewrecker who was too busy sucking married dick to teach you a proper vault.

by Anonymousreply 179March 27, 2017 1:25 AM

I just watched an interesting couple of fairly recent interviews of Dominique Moceanu and it was fascinating.

She seems hellbent on blaming the Karolyi's for all the problems in her youth, mostly framing it that they were abusive and terrible. Meanwhile, the part that was fascinating was that when it comes to the subject of her parents, particularly her father, she basically excuses their behavior. She paints a picture that they just wanted what was best for her and didn't know any other way (because they were Romanian). She goes on further to then blame the physical abuse her father inflicted onto the Karolyi's saying that they are the ones who told her father to beat her.

That to me sounds like a bunch of horseshit her father (before he died) or her mother is feeding her to clear up her father's "good name." Remember these are people who gave away an imperfect child and never mentioned it and then went on to have and keep a third "normal," child.

She also goes on a tirade against USA Gymnastics saying that they're responsible for allowing the Karolyi's to abuse her by not doing anything about it. Following that logic, she should also be blaming her mother for the times she sat back and let her father hit her, no?

Now she has for some reason gotten herself heavily involved in the case against the Dr. who was child touching the athletes.

by Anonymousreply 180April 4, 2017 11:07 PM

Who hasn't wanted to hit Moceanu at least once?

by Anonymousreply 181April 5, 2017 3:30 AM

We're besties y'all!!!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 182April 13, 2017 11:19 PM

Wow, that must have been taken at an Over-the Hill Hags Convention

by Anonymousreply 183April 14, 2017 2:07 AM

Oh Kerry, at R183, you're such a pathetic, sad, Keebler elf.

And yes, we all bonded about what a cunt you were to train with and how your pussy stank up all the equipment. But thanks for checking out our photo!

by Anonymousreply 184April 14, 2017 12:24 PM

R180, that reasoning reminds me of Lucinda Ruh, the Swiss figure skater. She wrote a book about her career. A very disturbing book which turned me off of figure skating for quite a while. She learned to skate in Japan, where, at the time, coaches were allowed to knock the crap out of the skaters. Her mother continued the tradition, well into her 20s if I remember correctly. She excused mommy dearest because mommy was just trying to help her daughter become the best figure skater ever.

by Anonymousreply 185April 14, 2017 11:47 PM

Interesting R185. The thing about DM and her odd screaming about the Karolyis is that not a single person has corroborated her story. She also tells a story about the coach she had right before she emancipated herself from her parents. This coach is the reason she sought emancipation because her father tried to fire her and DM didn't want to leave the coach because she was doing well, perhaps the best she'd done in her career (winning Goodwill Games).

DM now says what she didn't know at the time was the that the coach was an awful, terrible, grifting, schemer who was trying to bilk her father out of huge sums of money and the coach should have just shut up and been grateful because her father had flown her from Romania, paid for her living expenses, etc.

Again, it sounds more like a load of shit her parents fed her in order to white wash themselves and make themselves seem like victims and DM was dumb enough to believe it.

Watching her interviews, there does seem to be something "off" about DM and I've noticed that her other teammates don't really interact with her the same way they do with one another. I wonder if they know something.

by Anonymousreply 186April 15, 2017 12:04 AM

Another thing... the whole situation with the Dr. Child Toucher. Someone filed a complaint with USA Gymnastics accusing the Karolyis of knowing about the abuse and not doing anything about it. Part of the allegations were that the Doctor was allowed to touch athletes during training camps held between 1998-2000.

The problem was that when they looked into it they discovered that whoever made these allegations must have made it up because the Karolyis did not hold camps during those years and in fact, didn't start holding camps until after 2000 when Marta was made the Coordinator.

Another complaint was made alleging that in subsequent years 2000-on that the Karolyis were aware of the child touching and allowed the Doctor to go to the gymnasts' cabins alone, unsupervised.

Again this was quickly debunked by gymnasts, staff, and coaches who have attended those camps. All those asked about it said it would have been impossible as the Karolyis actually had very little to do with the gymnasts outside of the actual gym and no one was allowed in the cabins except the gymnasts. That included coaches and their parents. Even athletes whose parents were their coaches couldn't get into their daughters cabins.

Many have suspected that its DM who has been filing these bogus claims against the Karolyis. As mentioned above, she's gotten herself heavily involved in the Dr. Nassar allegations even though it has nothing to do with her.

Whether it was her or not, whoever is lodging those complaints is actually only hurting the case against USA Gymnastics because they're making it look like a lot of the allegations are false.

by Anonymousreply 187April 15, 2017 12:12 AM

I've seen a few of Moceanu's interviews. She's always all over the place, jumping from one tangent to another. She seems manic.

by Anonymousreply 188April 15, 2017 4:26 AM

Is it... is it........ A BEE????

by Anonymousreply 189April 15, 2017 4:29 AM

Came across this video which I'd never seen before. It's the 1992 USSR Championships and it's amazing because it illustrates just how much difficulty the Tatianas (Gutsu and Lysenko) were capable of throwing. I was particularly impressed with Gutsu because it's obvious that bitch was a robot (sorry Gina!) who could throw every fucking thing on every event. It's interesting to know that her routines were watered down in Barcelona.

On beam Lysneko mounted with a layout on right into two more layouts and dismounted with a full-in.

Gutsu was throwing a double twisting Yurchenko as her vault and on floor she mounted and dismounted with double layouts.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 190April 16, 2017 4:52 PM

No one watched the NCAA's last night. Mary Lou's fat tub of shit was competing for LSU and of course they had to cut to a shot of Mary Lou cheering. God, she looks insufferable in the stands. She has now made the transition to midget frau. Kathy and Bart were impossible to listen to but Bart nearly shot several wads when he saw how well Oklahomo was doing. Also, UCLA needs to fire Miss Val. That is all.

by Anonymousreply 191April 16, 2017 5:15 PM

R190 Gutsu was mounting and dismounting with a Double Layout back in 1991.

At the 91 Worlds she mounted with whip through to Double Layout, middle pass was full-in, and she dismounted with another double layout.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 192April 17, 2017 1:02 PM

Those are great passes by Gutsu. I'm surprised she didn't get more attention for them. The music and routine itself though... dreadful.

by Anonymousreply 193April 17, 2017 10:20 PM

Shannon Miller is the whore of Babylon! That bitch slept with John Roethlisberger, an ugly male gymnast, while she was married to a closeted gay man!

And her Steve Nunno ass-breath stunk up our tour bus!

by Anonymousreply 194April 19, 2017 9:26 AM

Try harder, R194.

by Anonymousreply 195April 19, 2017 12:47 PM

[quote] —John is gay (but hung).

R195 = Marie Roethlisberger

by Anonymousreply 196April 19, 2017 6:02 PM

Wrong again, R196.

by Anonymousreply 197April 19, 2017 6:05 PM

John is gay?!

You don't say...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 198April 19, 2017 6:07 PM

If you bitches only knew how much I know about these guys.

John is totally not gay. And totally does not have a thing going with one of his former teammates.

by Anonymousreply 199April 19, 2017 6:15 PM

Oh hi there John at R199.. Nice of you to join us. But c'mon now, give us a break. Everybody knew you were riding Chainey Umphrey's pole raw and taking his milky loads...

by Anonymousreply 200April 19, 2017 6:18 PM

Nope, R200. Wrong team.

by Anonymousreply 201April 19, 2017 6:25 PM

He was getting DPed by the Hamm twins?

by Anonymousreply 202April 19, 2017 6:36 PM

Did Mary Lou really deserve a perfect 10 for her vault?

I have a friend who is into gymnastics and he claims she did not deserve her win and the Romanian chick should have won.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 203April 27, 2017 11:46 PM

R203 you're asking two different questions.

Did Mary Lou deserve 10s on her vault? Yes. It was an extremely difficult vault at the time and she had more power and distance on vault than most other gymnasts in the arena. Those 10's though don't necessarily mean she deserved the Gold. That's a whole other question.

Szabo actually outscored Mary Lou in the AA competition but it was before the New Life rule, so Mary Lou won.

by Anonymousreply 204April 28, 2017 12:12 AM

R204, She was the only female gymnast in the world doing the layout sook. Even in slo-mo, her legs were straight and together, her toes were pointed and she completed the twist and salto long before she hit the mat and she stuck it. Similar to Nadia, if Szabo got a 9.9 on her vault, Retton deserved at least a 10 but it was at least .3 better than Szabo's vault in all measurable categories.

by Anonymousreply 205April 28, 2017 12:40 AM

Thank you, R204 & R205. My friends just really hates Mary Lou, LOL, and I wanted to know from an impartial source.

by Anonymousreply 206April 28, 2017 1:09 AM

I'm aware of that R205 and I said she deserved 10's.

Mary Lou was also the only one doing a double twisting tsuk.

by Anonymousreply 207April 28, 2017 1:17 AM

R205, Finally, video of the warmup has seen the light of day. You can see she wasn't anywhere near ready to compete it. She gets it around but lands way too low.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 208April 28, 2017 1:31 AM

I guess is the Soviet Union hadn't boycotted the Olympics that year, Mary Lou would have never won?

by Anonymousreply 209April 28, 2017 1:37 AM

if, not is

by Anonymousreply 210April 28, 2017 1:37 AM

Marcia Frederick says she was molested by "my coach". Was it the disgusting dyke Muriel Grossfeld who was so ridiculous biased about Marcia in her TV commentary that she got fired by CBS? Or likely, was it Don Peters who taught at Grossfeld's gym when Frederick was there.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 211April 28, 2017 1:46 AM

R208, incorrect. She did actually compete it. There was a link in the other thread to a document which listed which gymnasts had successfully competed which vaults.

At the time, it was apparently possible to score a 10.5 on that vault.

by Anonymousreply 212April 28, 2017 1:51 AM

R209, most people say that she wouldn't have had as good of a chance. MLR, Karolyi, and others claim that she would have still won because she had competed against (and beaten) the top Soviets in other competitions.

I'm not sure which events she's talking about... American Cup doesn't count.

by Anonymousreply 213April 28, 2017 1:52 AM

Retton was the first American, male or female to win the Chunichi Cup over Gnauck and Shushunova.

by Anonymousreply 214April 28, 2017 2:00 AM

"Did Mary Lou really deserve a perfect 10 for her vault? "

Yes and no. Under the code of points at the time, it was certainly worth a 10. And, she had incredible amplitude and form in the vault. The only thing is the miniscule hop on the landing which could justify a minor deduction. I could see a 9.95, but I think the 10 is well earned - again, under 1984's code of points/judging standards (today it's so technical that if they still had 10s, only a complete stick would do). I don't think her hop was worth a full tenth off, if anything at all.

by Anonymousreply 215April 28, 2017 2:27 AM

R215 I've always thought the same about Nadia's 10. Doesn't she hop on the landing?

And what Mary Lou does on her vaults, I'm not sure it's even a hop. It doesn't look like she slides back so much as rebounds with her feet in the same place as her initial landing.

by Anonymousreply 216April 28, 2017 2:51 AM

It's too bad they got rid of the perfect 10. I watched the gymnastics at the last Olympics and could never figure out the scoring system. Then again, I'm just a casual fan, so obviously this system is not geared towards me, lol..

by Anonymousreply 217April 28, 2017 2:54 AM

Hey look Kerri! You're heavily featured in this! You've finally won at something!

p.s. the comment about Pozsar is hysterical.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 218May 1, 2017 3:26 AM

From the 1968 Mexico City Olympics: Lyudmila Kuchinskaya in the floor exercise. Just a few years earlier they were competing in bouffant hairdos and liquid eyeliner.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 219May 1, 2017 3:38 AM

You gymnastics fans need to watch "The Bronze". Hilarious movie about a washed up gymnast.

by Anonymousreply 220May 1, 2017 4:27 AM

Examples of floor exercises with good choreo, please.

by Anonymousreply 221May 1, 2017 7:57 PM

[quote]Examples of floor exercises with good choreo, please.—betcha can't find one

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 222May 1, 2017 8:04 PM

Why was Shannon Miller never a star?

So much success, yet... Not a single endorsement that I can remember!

by Anonymousreply 223May 6, 2017 12:05 AM

Beautiful, elegant, perfect floor routines? Well of course this!!!!

[quote]shannonmiller96#tbt Admittedly I watched this a few times before posting. I just adored this music and choreography. 💕💕This routine, in particular, makes me miss competing. What an amazing opportunity and experience to compete at my first Olympics in 1992!! (So much so that I had to come back for more 😀😀) #gymnastics #1992 #love #TBT #olympic #teamusa #goingtodancearoundthehousenow

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 224May 7, 2017 7:49 PM

Of course, Shannon would love her terrible, boring zzzzzzzzzzzzzz routine of a floor.

What a boring, basic bitch!

How did she win a bronze on floor again??

Here's a REAL floor routine, with REAL artistry and real tumbling.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 225May 8, 2017 9:18 PM

Shannon Miller was always irritating and terribly boring to watch on floor.

Another FUN floor routine.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 226May 8, 2017 9:20 PM

She named her daughter "Alayna Madaleine".

*covers eyes*

by Anonymousreply 227May 8, 2017 9:26 PM

Look at all these Basic American Bitches who think they are greats. I've never even heard of half of half you. And Daniella @ R225, don't try and come for Shannon when you look like that. How you scored any 10's in Seoul is beyond me. It should have been an automatic 5 tenths off for that clown wig and psycho smile. And real tumbling? Bitch please you open with a puny full in. And techno Mozart? How sad. Now THIS is a floor routine:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 228May 27, 2017 6:38 AM

Kerri you disgusting failure what's it like not having a single world or olympic medal to your name? I suppose it's not as embarrassing as having to rewatch that tragic floor routine from Barcelona. But hey, in case you or anyone else has forgotten, here it is:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 229May 27, 2017 6:56 AM

(R223) Because as so many others have said, that bitch was BORING with a capital B. I'd rather watch Gogean-Bot on bars than listen to and watch that fucking screechy violin and 5 year old ballet "choreography". She also couldn't tumble for shit, unlike ME who could turn that cute cupcake DLO that Shannon always failed at completely fierce with a split leg.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 230May 28, 2017 11:23 AM

R227 What do you expect? It's Kerri "Kermit" Strug we're talking about here. Her brain is more broken than her form.

by Anonymousreply 231May 29, 2017 11:02 AM

Hey bitches and cunts.. just thought I'd take a minute to remind you that today marks the 21st Anniversary of when I single-handedly or rather, single-footedly!!! won Gold for Team USA the FIRST ever!!! Making me the greatest American Gymnast in the history of the sport! Who would have thought that the prettiest and most glamorous gal on the squad would be the Hero... except me!

Chase your dreams!

Now eat my snatch you losers!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 232July 23, 2017 11:03 PM

Whenever I want a good laugh I go back to the previous threads.This one... not so much. But I guess that's to be expected. Kerri ruins everything.

by Anonymousreply 233November 14, 2017 3:12 AM

When I want a good laugh I look at any picture of Shannon's nose... the old one and the new one.

by Anonymousreply 234November 14, 2017 8:44 PM

Aly Raisman reveals she was one of the victims of abuse. So was Maroney.

I actually had no idea Raisman was the second most decorated US Gymnast in history.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 235November 17, 2017 1:44 AM

Her medal count is so adorable!

by Anonymousreply 236November 17, 2017 1:57 AM

^Sort of like your old nose, Shannon.

BTW it's cute that you're just getting inducted into the IG Hall of Fame today. Some of us have been in for years.

by Anonymousreply 237November 17, 2017 1:59 AM

Hey Nastia... what's your daddy hiding?

They should have known better when he let you splat your face on the mat and didn't even bother trying to stop it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 238February 4, 2018 4:45 AM

How insane is this?

Al Fong recently did an interview addressing the current issues within USAG and he had the nerve to say he doesn't believe in pressuring or pushing gymnasts...

Al Fong... who had two gymnasts die and 4 get injured in the span of a year.

by Anonymousreply 239February 5, 2018 4:35 PM

bump for more gymnast stories

by Anonymousreply 240May 8, 2018 12:06 AM

Kerri, at R240... take the hint. You've once again ruined gymnastics.

by Anonymousreply 241May 8, 2018 3:03 PM

This is sad.

Yelena Shushonova, 1988 Olympic Champion has died at the age of 49.

I figured I'd post it here since I'd doubt most people on DL would know she was or would care enough to have a whole thread.

Then again, this is the Kerri Strug thread and we know nobody will read it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 242August 16, 2018 10:39 PM

R242 That is sad. I preferred Silivas but the 88 all around was a great competition.

by Anonymousreply 243August 16, 2018 11:56 PM

Dead of pneumonia at 49? I wonder if there's more to it.

And R243, I liked them both. Daniella obviously would have won if she hadn't chopped her hair off.

by Anonymousreply 244August 17, 2018 12:02 AM

Daniella’s hair wasn’t great that year. They both would have been worthy champions.

by Anonymousreply 245August 17, 2018 1:02 AM

Silivas went from looking like this in '87

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 246August 17, 2018 1:08 AM

To this in 88:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 247August 17, 2018 1:08 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 248August 17, 2018 1:54 AM

Kerri Strug looked like Stimpy in a leotard.

by Anonymousreply 249August 17, 2018 4:49 PM

I just watched some of the 2018 World Gymnastic Championships on Youtube...and good GOD, what has happened to this once beautiful sport?

I haven't watched since the late 90s, so imagine my surprise when I tuned in to see the sport has been taken over by a bunch of roided out 4'3" midgets with stubby legs. Is this the prototypical body for gymnasts nowadays?

And the form...the atrocious form...bent knees and legs all over the place, no flexibility or toe point to speak of...and this shit is winning medals and championships? How? The judges from 96 would've buried these girls alive with deductions form all the form breaks. Yeah, I guess the skills are bigger, but their ugly as shit to look at.

Seriously, can someone explain what happened? How did we go from long-lined, slender gymnasts like Lilia Podkopayeva, Simona Amanar, Svetlana Khokina, Mo Huilan, etc. to this stocky, thick-thighed bunch?

Also...I'm seeing gymnasts making huge errors...like literally falling...and still going on to win the gold? Again, how? Back in the day, if you fell, you were fucked. How does a gymnast fall twice and still win a medal?

I know it's been nearly 20 years, things change, but damn, the sport looks so ugly now. No beauty, extension or artistry anymore.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 250November 4, 2018 7:27 AM

Boguinskaya at R250 can't get over having lost her title to a Roided Midget back in 91 and can't deal with the fact that we've been dominating the sport since the early 90's!!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 251November 5, 2018 3:15 PM

R251 - What is this "we" crap? The only thing you've ever dominated, Kerri, was a bad haircut.

See these medals? All individual medals, of which you have none.

Bye Felicia!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 252November 6, 2018 2:38 PM

Oh, please, Lilia... everyone know you were "gifted," those medals. No surprise you went on to become a Prostitute like your fellow Rhythmic Teammates.

Thank God you only lasted one cycle so the world wasn't forced to hear the weight of your vadge thumping on the beam.

And you dominated NOTHING in the 90's. You're confusing yourself with me and my scrunchies!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 253November 6, 2018 2:46 PM

r253 Absolutely!

by Anonymousreply 254November 23, 2018 9:45 PM

Was she on male hormones back in the day? Cuz she's real butch looking...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 255November 24, 2018 12:35 AM

I miss this thread. Some of the best laughs on Datalounge were had on the old gymnast threads.

by Anonymousreply 256October 14, 2019 6:40 PM

What a beauty!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 257October 15, 2019 6:38 PM

Kerri went a season or two to UCLA so I can sort of tie this in. At any rate, UCLA's beloved, though overstated coach Miss Val retired leaving her coveted head coaching position open. Openly gay Randy Lane wanted the job as did assistant coach Chris Waller. They both interviewed and Waller got it and Lane walked away in a huff. Lane's vault coaching was UCLA's weakest event so it was obvious he wouldn't get the head coaching position but he and Waller REALLY don't get along, so he left/quit. It was definitely a shock when Jordyn Wieber left to go to Arkansas as she was poised to be the associate head coach, the same position Waller held. Lane put out a ridiculous IG post saying something like darkness has consumed him.

UCLA needed a new direction so it was a good time for VKF to leave and the girls really are happy with Waller. We'll see what happens this season for them. The loathed Skinner from the Utes has made the world team so we won't have to hear her whining this year.

by Anonymousreply 258October 15, 2019 6:58 PM

Oh the stories I could tell about Chris Waller!

by Anonymousreply 259October 15, 2019 7:03 PM

R259 = Randy. Do tell, Randy!

by Anonymousreply 260October 15, 2019 7:09 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!