Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

‘Coronation Street’ actor Rob Mallard comes out as gay

Cute and white.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64May 20, 2020 1:00 PM

From outter space.

by Anonymousreply 1February 2, 2017 9:22 AM

And white?

by Anonymousreply 2February 2, 2017 9:27 AM

He meas "and red haired" which as you all know means he smells funny "down there."

by Anonymousreply 3February 2, 2017 9:34 AM

I don't believe he is really gay. He is obviously faking it.

by Anonymousreply 4February 2, 2017 9:58 AM

Good for him for coming out with, but with such extreme gayface, he didn't have much choice

by Anonymousreply 5February 2, 2017 11:13 AM

Lol.

by Anonymousreply 6April 24, 2017 2:21 PM

Not gayface.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7April 24, 2017 2:24 PM

Is coming out the new attention whore?

by Anonymousreply 8April 24, 2017 2:26 PM

He can play me in the biopic.

by Anonymousreply 9April 24, 2017 2:44 PM

After I clicked on the link I knew the replies would be about the fact that he has gayface from space.

by Anonymousreply 10April 24, 2017 2:45 PM

The hat alone wasn't a tip off?

by Anonymousreply 11April 24, 2017 3:09 PM

Does he present hole?

by Anonymousreply 12April 24, 2017 3:19 PM

lol.

by Anonymousreply 13April 24, 2017 3:25 PM

Just another bottom.

by Anonymousreply 14April 24, 2017 3:43 PM

Stank sleeve with a duck's name.

by Anonymousreply 15April 24, 2017 3:53 PM

When will an actor who isn't obviously gay come out. I mean is it really coming out if everyone knows already.

by Anonymousreply 16April 24, 2017 4:46 PM

When will some of you queens stop obsessing over 'gay' actors and the closet? It's SO tired.

Look elsewhere for your wank material.

by Anonymousreply 17April 24, 2017 4:58 PM

Fuck you R16

by Anonymousreply 18April 24, 2017 6:11 PM

He's cute and I'm glad he came out and honestly anyone who's gay and has seen the show isn't surprised.

by Anonymousreply 19April 24, 2017 7:14 PM

Was the son of Phil Mitchell on EastEnders gay too? or am I thinking of someone else?

by Anonymousreply 20April 24, 2017 9:05 PM

Are we suppose to pay closer attention to this boy because he's "cute" (to some)? And "white"? Are you really going to go there OP?

Troublemaker.

by Anonymousreply 21April 24, 2017 9:44 PM

Does he say AFFLACK!

by Anonymousreply 22April 24, 2017 9:56 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23May 17, 2017 8:10 AM

R20 Phil Mitchell's son Ben is a gay character, the actor playing Ben is straight as far as anyone knows.

And how's this for three degrees of separation - the gay Corrie actor above (and now-bf of Rob Mallard) Daniel Brocklebank who starred in a gay independent film as the secret lover of another gay soap actor named Jonny Labey...who played the boyfriend of Ben Mitchell in EastEnders last year.

by Anonymousreply 24May 23, 2017 12:52 PM

R9 I immediately thought of Owen when I first saw Rob. They're both cute imo and I love their fine delicate features (like Celtic princes or something), but it seems redhead gays are an acquired taste.

by Anonymousreply 25May 23, 2017 12:53 PM

He reminds me of a young James Spader, with that quiet crazy intensity. He could go far.

Wish they wouldn't keep casting real gays as villainous straights, though.

by Anonymousreply 26May 23, 2017 1:02 PM

He has no chemistry with Sinead. I liked him as Connor on Emmerdale though, I wish he would play a shady character like that again. His character on Corrie is too boring. Also: Zzzzzzzz to yet another gay celeb couple with a huge age difference. He couldn't find a guy who was closer to his own age? Why the need for a 15 year older daddy? Ugh.

by Anonymousreply 27May 23, 2017 2:35 PM

Did he push Ken down the stairs?

by Anonymousreply 28May 23, 2017 4:25 PM

I think that was Chloe R28.

by Anonymousreply 29May 23, 2017 5:55 PM

Sure, I could tell he was white by his picture, but for the blind readers of DL, you're doing the Lord's work!

by Anonymousreply 30May 24, 2017 2:46 AM

One of the young son characters in Enders was played by a gay boy. But there was some brouhaha offset. I think there was a trial. The role was recast. I don't watch the show but it was Phil or Ian's son.

by Anonymousreply 31May 24, 2017 3:06 AM

R32 I'm an avid & longtime EE gay fan (don't enjoy it half the time but watch out of a sense of tradition) and I have no idea which actor you're referring to. No Out gay lad has played the roles you mention.

Phil has one biological son, Ben. That part has indeed been recast (there have been five different actors!) but all actors for Ben are straight and there has never been 'brouhaha' concerning any of the recasts.

Ian has three sons: Steven, Peter & Bobby. Steven & Peter have both had recasts (2 & 3 respectively, not counting baby actors) amd none of those actors are Out either, although the last actor to play Peter is rumoured to be closeted and the current actor for Steven has hinted via Twitter that he is Bi. Bobby is still a child character so his sexuality is null. None of the actors for Ian's sons ever had controversy.

by Anonymousreply 32May 24, 2017 11:05 AM

The gay boy was not out. And the legal stuff had nothing to do with the show. I can't remember the details but there was a sex angle. It may have been something like he was accused of grooming someone younger. It was serious stuff and the role was quietly recast, I believe with someone older and hunky.

I don't frequent TV forums (well, digitalspy very infrequently). I may have read it on the famousmales forum, probably on a page dedicated to the new, hunky actor.

by Anonymousreply 33May 24, 2017 12:58 PM

I remember that R33. His identity was kept quiet but some online soap snoops figured out it was him.

by Anonymousreply 34May 24, 2017 1:02 PM

Shit R33, that's dark. Anyone got names for this case?

by Anonymousreply 35May 24, 2017 8:13 PM

They're at war but Daniel seems like he wants to fuck Adam. Crazy chemistry.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36May 27, 2017 7:17 PM

I noticed that too, R36. They have crazy good chemistry, the sexual tension is unreal. They seriously look like they're about to start making out. It's weird to think they're supposed to be related. Daniel has zero chemistry with Sinead, they should just make him gay tbh. Well.. maybe bisexual would fit better with his personality.

by Anonymousreply 37May 27, 2017 7:23 PM

[quote]Cute and white.

Well, you got "white" right.

by Anonymousreply 38May 27, 2017 10:15 PM

It was Daniel, R28. He didn't mean to push Ken, but in the heat of an argument...

Adam is hot. Love to get him alone. Nice to see Rob back, even for a short visit. Another hot one that got away. Now it's just pasty guys for the most part.

by Anonymousreply 39May 27, 2017 10:21 PM

I went to acting school five years ago with a young actor/comic who looks like Mallard's IVF-twin.

When I fell into Corrie a year ago and saw the Daniel character for the first time, I thought for a whole episode that it was my former classmate. Very freaky experience. I had to look closely to make sure.

And both Mallard and this guy I know look a lot like 'Mock The Week' regular comedian James Acaster.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40May 30, 2017 2:53 PM

Cute

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 41June 4, 2017 8:02 AM

This is a little OT but I need to get clarification on this. Corrie fans, weigh in...

What is with the pacing on Corrie? I'm a longtime EastEnders viewer (I know, boo) and also love Home & Away and Hollyoaks, so don't usually have a problem adjusting to different soap styles. Recently though I've started up with Corrie and I cannot get used to the way it's shot, put-together and broadcast. The constant adverts do my head in, and the storyline progression over an episode seems so, so slow. There's an eerie feel to how the scenes drag on and the camera stays so still and lingers. What's going on?

by Anonymousreply 42June 4, 2017 10:19 AM

Can someone explain to me why British soaps are so obsessed with that "grooming" thing these days? What does that activity entail anyway? And why don't we hear more about it in American media, TV... Just in general, it seems to be a British thing. Is there a grooming epidemic in the UK?

Please enlighten me, DL.

by Anonymousreply 43June 4, 2017 1:39 PM

came out or finally admits?

by Anonymousreply 44June 4, 2017 1:46 PM

Best Newcomer at the British Soap Awards

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45June 4, 2017 4:27 PM

R44, he has never hid being gay. He was always obvious. Then again, maybe it's just because I'm gay so I can read the signs. He has pinged my gaydar ever since I first saw him on Emmerdale a few years ago. This is funny though (see the tweet from his co-star), apprently it's not as obvious to everyone! But again, to my knowledge he never pretended to be straight, he never had a girlfriend, he just never spoke out about being gay until a few months ago (he never hid it either though).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46June 4, 2017 5:12 PM

R43 I'm not british but I think this grooming episodes allude to all these horrific sex abuse cases in Rochdale, Rotherham etc.. Very young teenage girls from broken homes forced into prostitution by "Asian" (meaning Pakistani) gangs. "Grooming" describes the process that leads from seduction to rape to prostitution.

by Anonymousreply 47June 4, 2017 6:00 PM

I have to agree with R46, when Daniel first appeared on Corrie I assumed he was going to be gay.

by Anonymousreply 48June 4, 2017 7:27 PM

So I guess he's dating his costar Daniel Brocklebank

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 49June 5, 2017 2:17 PM

We know, R49. See R23.

by Anonymousreply 50June 5, 2017 2:34 PM

BDF for sure

by Anonymousreply 51June 5, 2017 3:46 PM

R47 Thanks for answering. Seems like they understand the complexity of the problem while the rest of us are treating these issues separately. I've definitely heard of women like that where I live and it's pretty terrible what happens to them.

by Anonymousreply 52June 6, 2017 1:10 PM

They seemed like a total mismatch to me from the start. The young one has all the cock in Britain waiting for him now that he's a rising star; doesn't really make sense to be attached to another soaps actor.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 53July 14, 2017 6:03 PM

I was just gonna post this, R53. Yeah, I'm not that surprised about the split either.

by Anonymousreply 54July 14, 2017 6:06 PM

Is yet another bottom being added to the pile of competition really something to be celebrated?

by Anonymousreply 55July 14, 2017 6:30 PM

If it walks like a duck...

by Anonymousreply 56July 14, 2017 6:36 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57January 19, 2018 7:52 PM

In the U.K. he's the equivalent of Zac Efron.

by Anonymousreply 58January 19, 2018 7:54 PM

Rob's reply:

[Quote]Before any other papers write about this "news" let me disabuse you: I have an essential tremor.Phew! Feels so good to come out.#notawkward

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59January 19, 2018 7:54 PM

Imagine getting head from him.

by Anonymousreply 60January 19, 2018 7:58 PM

[quote] ...let me disabuse you: I have an essential tremor.

I’m obsessed with this quote, it’s pure DL. Tempted to use it myself as an excuse to duck out of functions.

by Anonymousreply 61January 24, 2018 11:39 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62February 12, 2018 1:48 PM

Corrie...never has been interesting, has it?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63February 12, 2018 2:41 PM

He's one of the few gay actors that's not a T-pet/TRA/SJW/Woke, Love him.

by Anonymousreply 64May 20, 2020 1:00 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!