Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Is Schitt's Creek Any Good?

Should I binge it?

by Anonymousreply 157March 9, 2021 4:03 AM

With a name like that, how bad could it be?

by Anonymousreply 1January 19, 2017 1:56 AM

I binged. It was very good. All the actors are well cast, and I'm crazy for Catherine O'Hara.

I think you'll like it.

Also, I was strangely aroused by Eugene Levy, who is very well dressed in the show. Here I will now state that I'm over 60.

by Anonymousreply 2January 19, 2017 2:23 AM

Dan Levy is a real cutie.

by Anonymousreply 3January 19, 2017 4:15 AM

Yes! Moira is the best!

by Anonymousreply 4January 19, 2017 4:41 AM

Dryly witty. Not Ha Ha funny, though. I love it. And now they've got Steve Lund, that hot monkey from Bitten playing a bisexy guy!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5January 19, 2017 4:49 AM

It's a fun show. Glad they are giving the son a sex life.

by Anonymousreply 6January 19, 2017 4:53 AM

No. It's Canadian television, OP--horribly acted, unfunny small town humour, poorly shot and skews older.

by Anonymousreply 7January 19, 2017 5:11 AM

R7 = works for NBC.

by Anonymousreply 8January 19, 2017 5:58 AM

Netflix claims to have it but they don't.

No binging for me.

by Anonymousreply 9January 21, 2017 12:11 AM

I enjoy it, because the cast is great and especially Catherine O'Hara is excellent as Moira, the newly minted Voice of the PEOPLE!

Could use better writing, I guess. The veterinarian is super hot.

by Anonymousreply 10January 21, 2017 12:16 AM

I'm Canadian and generally avoid Canadian shows, dramas or comedies, like plague. For the same reasons R7 mentioned (the mere thought of something like "Corner Gas" or "Letterkenny"makes me want to barf.) However, if you want to get into one Canadian show which is surprisingly good, watch "Sensitive Skin" with Kim Cattrall.

by Anonymousreply 11January 21, 2017 12:22 AM

R7 nails it. The cast is superb, but the show itself is a snooze-fest.

The best Canadian series ever was [italic]Little Mosque on the Prairie.[/litalic]

by Anonymousreply 12January 21, 2017 12:25 AM

Since Netflix didn't have it I watched a Swedish detective show instead The Sandhamn Murders on Hulu . Very good looking blonds and the geographic scenery was nice, too.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13January 21, 2017 12:30 AM

I suppose whoever thought up that title thought they were being very clever. I've seen promos for this thing. It looks like a piece of shit.

by Anonymousreply 14January 21, 2017 12:46 AM

Hulu has Schitt's Creek,dear.

by Anonymousreply 15January 21, 2017 1:07 AM

I find it very funny. Catherine O'Hara and her weird soap opera star accent steal the show.

by Anonymousreply 16January 21, 2017 2:13 AM

[quote] Hulu has Schitt's Creek, dear

No it doesn't, dear.

Not in the US

by Anonymousreply 17January 21, 2017 3:41 AM

It's on POP. I get it here in Colorado.

Amazon has it - u have to purchase

by Anonymousreply 18January 21, 2017 3:45 AM

I'm smiling now as I think about Moira's many, many wigs hanging on the wall of their dismal motel room.

by Anonymousreply 19January 21, 2017 3:52 AM

I got my copies to view from my local public library. (I had to request it)

by Anonymousreply 20January 21, 2017 11:25 PM

Just started watching it on Netflix. Dan Levy and his character are great, best part of the show for me.

by Anonymousreply 21January 28, 2017 6:43 AM

First 2 seasons are free on Amazon Prime. Love Dan Levy the most also.

by Anonymousreply 22January 28, 2017 6:53 AM

I was stoked to see it last year when it premiered on whatever channel originally aired it. Couldn't even make it through the first episode. That bad.

As others above noted, let me STRESS that it is very Canadian. If you know what that means/entails, then you're smart enough to know to avoid it. What a waste of O'Hara and Levy.

The very elderly and/or infirmed might find it a pleasant enough way to while away their final hours.

by Anonymousreply 23January 28, 2017 6:54 AM

I've started watching it and I enjoy it. Definitely not groundbreaking TV, pretty much your typical "fish out of water" setup, but it's easy to watch and mildly amusing. The "kids" are stereotypical millennial brats, and Catherine O'Hara is fabulous, with shades of Norma Desmond.

I'm not some great lover of Canadian TV, either...I couldn't get through 10 minutes of Corner Gas or Trailer Park Boys. But I like this show, so far.

by Anonymousreply 24February 5, 2017 12:19 AM

What about Kim's Convenience?

by Anonymousreply 25February 5, 2017 12:23 AM

Dan Levy, dreamboat. So too is the vet and the log cabin guy. I also find the show very funny.

by Anonymousreply 26February 5, 2017 1:20 AM

Its on Netflix in the US. Ive been watching it.

O'Hara is a riot & some of the guys are really hot. But not Daniel Levy.

by Anonymousreply 27February 5, 2017 1:25 AM

It's good with Schveddy Balls.....

by Anonymousreply 28February 5, 2017 1:45 AM

[quote]The best Canadian series ever was Little Mosque on the Prairie.[/litalic]

Don't plan on entering the US any time soon.

by Anonymousreply 29February 5, 2017 2:09 AM

r9 Check again. They just added it.

by Anonymousreply 30February 5, 2017 10:41 PM

I've seen four episodes. It's OK. I adore Catherine O'Hara and Eugene Levy, but some of the writing is not that funny to me - maybe I'm just too old. One thing I cannot stand is Chris Elliott's character! I loved his first show, back in the 80s when he played the immature paper boy living with Mom and Dad. But this character is repellent to me, probably because it's over the top in so many ways.

by Anonymousreply 31February 8, 2017 1:25 AM

Season 3 just started on CBC, and it's interesting that David's new "love interest" is portrayed as bi. He even suggests a throuple thing but David and Stevie the front desk girl aren't too impressed. Yes, Ted the vet is a cutie (who apparently enjoys being cougared).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32February 8, 2017 1:41 AM

I typically am not drawn to sit com, comedy, when I choose to watch a series at home - more likely it's drama, crime, mystery, suspense, etc. But I put on Schitt's Creek via Netflix the other day because I am so damn depressed lately - I needed something light. I had it on for 7 episodes and will continue. Some VERY funny one-liners and witty moments. While I completely agree with the above, not "ground breaking" and some blah writing, overall I recommend it, easy watch, fab cast.

by Anonymousreply 33February 8, 2017 1:44 AM

r9 - and everyone - have you all never heard of Project Free TV? It has pretty much any show whether it's Netflix, Hulu, Amazon, regular network shows, etc. Just be prepared for pop-ups you have to close, but usually they're harmless. It gives you a list of sites you can stream shows from. My suggestions are vodlocker, video-me, and vidzitv. Filehoot is always a good site too (when available).

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34February 8, 2017 1:50 AM

Schitt's Creek is hilarious. Yes, it's a dumb name - the family bought the town as a joke BECAUSE of its dumb name.

And Dan Levy's character is basically Datalounge: The Guy.

by Anonymousreply 35February 17, 2017 8:05 AM

It's watchable - not the best thing I've seen, but a definite notch above typical CBC fare. The cast is very, very good.

by Anonymousreply 36February 17, 2017 8:09 AM

It started a little slowly but I love it. Very funny people.

by Anonymousreply 37February 17, 2017 9:13 AM

I guess I can see not liking Chris Elliott but everyone else is great. And the guy who plays Mutt is hot af

by Anonymousreply 38February 17, 2017 9:18 AM

I like it, I think this season is the best. I laughed so hard at the "she clearly needs her medication" line at the car dealership. It also warms my heart that Eugene Levy had a gay son that looks just like him. Its so damn cute. I loved Sctv when I was a kid.

by Anonymousreply 39February 17, 2017 9:27 AM

didn't realize Twyla was Dan Levy's sister IRL. She looks way more like her mother.

by Anonymousreply 40February 17, 2017 9:30 AM

Dan Levy is straight and married to a woman.

by Anonymousreply 41February 17, 2017 9:45 AM

Dan Levy is so gay on the show that half the time he looks like he's about to take flight.

by Anonymousreply 42February 17, 2017 10:38 AM

R41 – You're confusing actor Daniel Levy with comedian Dan Levy. Daniel Levy, son of Eugene Levy, is gay; standup comedian Dan Levy isn't.

by Anonymousreply 43February 17, 2017 3:47 PM

This thread caused me to watch Schitt's Creek and after some initial hesitation I love it. I dislike the Chris Elliott character but everybody else is really good. I binge-watched the whole thing and now I'm up to date, dammit. I need another thirty or so episodes.

by Anonymousreply 44February 17, 2017 3:52 PM

Dustin Milligan (the vet) is handsome and totally fuckable. He also plays a seemingly stupid mercenary in "Dirk Gentley's ...(etc.)"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45February 17, 2017 5:46 PM

R7, couldn't be farther from the truth.

It's one of the best comedies on TV now.

Im.also strangely attracted to Dan Levy.

it's a classic comedy of manners for our times and a damn good one.

by Anonymousreply 46February 19, 2017 2:15 AM

Stevie is my favorite character. Her line deliveries ate are classic.

by Anonymousreply 47February 19, 2017 2:22 AM

Yes, r47. She is like the textbook definition of "deadpan."

Separately, the recent plot where the veterinarian played by hot Dustin was caught stripping on the bunnycam, and then decides it might be good for business, was hilarious. And yes he is great on Dirk Gently, hope he's back for season 2

by Anonymousreply 48February 19, 2017 7:21 PM

I watched the first season very recently on Netflix. I find it pure entertainment. As said it's not "ho ho ho hurr hurr hurr" funny -- its a comedy of manners, and so makes you smile to yourself (and more than occasionally, cringe). But I like shows like that, rather than "non-stop laugh riots." It takes its time and tells its archly amusing stories. At first the characters seemed like stereotypes but they've really fleshed them out and the show is oddly touching in a way.

I'm surprised there's not more talk here about Dan Levy's character, who is so homosexual it's visible from orbit, but nonetheless has a fling with straight woman Stevie. The first relationship he's shown having is with a woman -- I'm curious how others feel about that. Levy's adorable.

I love the performances. They're so funny, each and every one. I was a little worried about Chris Elliott as he has his schtick but he's grown on me too. Annie Murphy is very entertaining and she's exceptionally beautiful as well. Also really enjoy Emily Hampshire, who is in many ways the moral center of the show. (At least in season 1, all I've seen so far.)

by Anonymousreply 49February 23, 2017 7:17 PM

Cinnamon buns!

by Anonymousreply 50February 23, 2017 7:21 PM

I love this show. Every character is a hoot (the exception being Chris Elliott; he's so repulsive I hate when he's on camera.

On another note, anyone watch "My Crazy Ex-Girlfriend". That's another show that is very funny. Good gay story line (including PDA); one of the main characters has an abortion (and they actual say the word "abortion" ). Season 2 was great

by Anonymousreply 51February 23, 2017 7:40 PM

Saw first two seasons on Netflix. First season a bit uneven with some good bits and watched it when I needed something to watch for 30 minutes. Second season was hilarious. By third episode I was binge watching, totally hooked, and was so glad I kept watching the first season. I hope third season is as good as second season.

by Anonymousreply 52February 23, 2017 8:42 PM

I like the funny old guy who rents his garage desk to the dad. He underplays all those weird confessions about his wife.

by Anonymousreply 53February 23, 2017 8:46 PM

Yes, Stevie ( Emily Hampshire) is the moral center of the show. I love the way she plays off Daniel Levy's character. Great lines

by Anonymousreply 54February 23, 2017 8:58 PM

I guess I'm alone in thinking the second season was absolutely dire. I loved the first season though.

by Anonymousreply 55February 23, 2017 9:01 PM

Dan Levy is starting to look a bit plump, no?

by Anonymousreply 56February 23, 2017 9:06 PM

"Wait, your eyebrows didn't move so I can't tell if you were being serious."

by Anonymousreply 57February 23, 2017 9:10 PM

How long until the third season lands on Netflix?

by Anonymousreply 58February 23, 2017 9:23 PM

I was just thinking this, R56. The guy has definitely gained weight.

by Anonymousreply 59February 23, 2017 9:41 PM

Really love this show and so happy to see so many SCTV alum reunited on screen and behind the camera.

I love how they're all acclimating to their new surroundings thinking they can subtly change things when the reality is they're changing and don't even see it.

by Anonymousreply 60February 23, 2017 9:52 PM

It's one of my favorite shows. I find it funny, well written and refreshing compared to popular TV comedies out today.

by Anonymousreply 61February 23, 2017 9:55 PM

Looks like David might be finding a new beau in the form of the guy who was helping file his business paperwork.

by Anonymousreply 62March 1, 2017 4:30 PM

Yes, he was definitely cute and amused by David's antics.

by Anonymousreply 63March 1, 2017 6:51 PM

I'm watching it now, I like it. So far seaosn 3 is actually better than season 2.

by Anonymousreply 64March 1, 2017 7:31 PM

CBC just announced they renewed it for a fourth season (to be airing in 2018).

by Anonymousreply 65March 11, 2017 8:00 AM

Well, that bar was pretty low, R64.

by Anonymousreply 66March 11, 2017 10:46 AM

Looks like Patrick will be investing in David's business and helping run the place. I imagine David will have to repay him"in kind".

by Anonymousreply 67March 11, 2017 1:10 PM

Catherine O'Hara is a tremendously talented comedic actor who never got the roles, or acclaim, she deserved. Andrea Martin, her SCTV colleague, had the song and dance chops to win fame on Broadway, but O'Hara is arguably a better actor and funnier (I adore both women). O'Hara as Lola Heatherton on SCTV was the perfect sendup of pretty but dim showbiz chicks of the 70s, kind of like some reality show "stars" of the present, with more glitz.

Are Eugene Levy's eyebrows still real, at this late stage, or glued on? He's another great comic talent.

by Anonymousreply 68March 11, 2017 2:23 PM

Funny thing about Eugene, as told by Catherine--he's the most serious and dull person you could ever meet off camera. She says as funny as he is on camera is how reserved and unassuming he is behind the camera.

And I agree about Catherine being brilliant; in After Hours she played a great character out for blood.

One of my favorite sketches from SCTV complete with John Candy as Divine!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69March 11, 2017 2:27 PM

Fuck off cunt at R7. Schitt's Creek is developing a cult following. Only thing following you are flies you cunt.

by Anonymousreply 70March 11, 2017 2:30 PM

This season has been the best by far.

by Anonymousreply 71March 11, 2017 2:32 PM

The whole Patrick hitting on David who's clueless about it is funny so far.

by Anonymousreply 72March 11, 2017 7:53 PM

David is very aware. They are just getting to know each other. It is not like DL where the bottom presents hole after finding out their name.

by Anonymousreply 73March 11, 2017 8:31 PM

[quote]It is not like DL where the bottom presents hole after finding out their name.

Hey, what's your name, r73?

by Anonymousreply 74March 11, 2017 8:51 PM

I'm in the middle of season 2 and it's okay, but it needs more Stevie.

by Anonymousreply 75March 12, 2017 12:09 PM

David and Patrick were flirting. Patrick is obviously gay, I'm glad they finally found David a love interest.

by Anonymousreply 76March 14, 2017 4:58 PM

I fell in love with SCTV when it was originally on NBC in the early 1980s. Watching Schitt's Creek has sent me down the YouTube rabbit hole of watching old SCTV clips, and now I yearn for Eugene and Catherine to suddenly, in the middle of playing John and Moira, both switch character and start playing Bobby Bittman and Lola Heatherton. "HOW ARE YA??" "You're so talented it's SCARY, and I love you so much I want to BEAR YOUR CHILDREN!"

by Anonymousreply 77March 14, 2017 5:16 PM

On tonights ep David's ex shows up and causes some tension!

by Anonymousreply 78March 14, 2017 6:55 PM

[quote] "ho ho ho hurr hurr hurr"

R49, you laugh weird.

by Anonymousreply 79March 14, 2017 7:03 PM

[quote] Amazon has it - u have to purchase

Season 1 & 2 are available via Amazon Prime

by Anonymousreply 80March 14, 2017 7:17 PM

The fellow members of the town council Moira got herself elected to are all so idiosyncratic and well-played. And at the municipalities convention, when she was a star just because she used to be famous...

by Anonymousreply 81March 14, 2017 7:26 PM

[quote] O'Hara as Lola Heatherton on SCTV was the perfect sendup of pretty but dim showbiz chicks of the 70s

I have seen several moments over the first 2 seasons where I noticed a distinct Lola Heatherton coming out in a line or 2

by Anonymousreply 82March 14, 2017 7:27 PM

Who played Sebastian Raine? Cannot find his name.

by Anonymousreply 83March 15, 2017 4:47 AM

Lola's Love Spirit!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84March 15, 2017 7:27 AM

R83 Sebastien was played by François Arnaud.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85March 15, 2017 10:42 AM

I love how Catherine plays Moira because every now and then her Elizabeth Taylor slips out.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86March 15, 2017 4:03 PM

I've only seen the first 2 seasons on Netflix, but it really grew on me. All the characters have developed. And Moira's diction has definitely gotten weirder and more Catherine O'Hara-like in the second season!

by Anonymousreply 87March 15, 2017 4:26 PM

I just watched the new episode. Why didn't they even kiss? I love this show, but it kinds annoys me how it's so PG-13. So far David has only kissed one guy on the mouth. He supposedly hooked up with Sebastien yet we didn't see anything, and it's so disappointing because the love interest was hot af. I never expected any explicit scenes, but I expected at least a kiss on a bed then a cut away, but we didn't even get that.. wtf?!

by Anonymousreply 88March 15, 2017 4:33 PM

I just watched the new episode. Why didn't they even kiss? I love this show, but it kinds annoys me how it's so PG-13. So far David has only kissed one guy on the mouth. He supposedly hooked up with Sebastien yet we didn't see anything, and it's so disappointing because the love interest was hot af. I never expected any explicit scenes, but I expected at least a kiss on a bed then a cut away, but we didn't even get that.. wtf?!

by Anonymousreply 89March 15, 2017 4:34 PM

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to post that twice. I got a not posted error the first time.

by Anonymousreply 90March 15, 2017 4:37 PM

OH God, thanks, r84. The young Martin Short as one of the Juuls Hooland tights-wearing dancers!

And Juuls backing away after Lola unloads her catchphrase, "I love you! I want to bear your children!"

by Anonymousreply 91March 15, 2017 5:05 PM

I mean...David's sex life-just like the other characters'-isn't what the show is about R89.

by Anonymousreply 92March 15, 2017 5:21 PM

I find it funny that this show is so tame yet the show that comes on after called Working Moms in the first ep had three women on camera topless talking about their tits.

by Anonymousreply 93March 15, 2017 6:16 PM

R92, and like I said I never expected a graphic sex scene. I did however expect a kiss or something. I find it ridiculous that they implied they slept together without them even as much as touching each other.

by Anonymousreply 94March 15, 2017 7:05 PM

Not sure if it's intentional or not, but doesn't the show have a bit of that 60s/70s sitcom style where couples aren't very "demonstrative" of their affection?

by Anonymousreply 95March 19, 2017 12:17 AM

Nah. It's not good

by Anonymousreply 96March 19, 2017 12:20 AM

R96 When tops see your prolapsed anus, they say the same thing.

by Anonymousreply 97March 19, 2017 12:37 AM

What happened in yesterday's episode? I haven't watched it yet..

by Anonymousreply 98March 22, 2017 7:41 AM

The show is maybe not perfect, but I am willing to support any show written and acted by an openly gay man. For once a gay actor plays a gay character. I'm sick of seeing all the straight actors taking all the gay roles which should go to gay actors.

by Anonymousreply 99March 22, 2017 7:43 AM

Noah Reid (Patrick) is cute in a generically handsome Canadian way.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 100March 22, 2017 8:00 AM

Stupid David falls for losers but then Patrick is interested and he's being oblivious.

by Anonymousreply 101March 22, 2017 1:19 PM

I think they handled the framed license pretty sweetly.

by Anonymousreply 102March 22, 2017 1:22 PM

It was alright. It was like Fruit Hoops instead of Fruit Loops.

by Anonymousreply 103March 22, 2017 1:24 PM

The whole birthday dinner/maybedate was cute. Nice ending too.

by Anonymousreply 104April 7, 2017 6:42 AM

It's Canadian, so...

by Anonymousreply 105April 7, 2017 7:05 AM

I like the feel of these snobs still being like fish out of water in the hick town after three seasons but there being small signs of them adjusting (Johnny helping to run the Motel, Moira joining the Jazzabelles, David with his pretentious shop, and Alexis as front desk assistant of the hot vet). It has this bit of feel good comedy that I enjoy very much these days (am I getting old?).

by Anonymousreply 106April 7, 2017 8:43 AM

R106 it's funny that they feel they haven't changed yet it's clear they have. They think they're changing the town but it's the other way around and they don't even realize it. You don't change the Creek, the Creek changes you!

by Anonymousreply 107April 7, 2017 12:52 PM

David's interactions with Patrick have been rally nice. The second to last ep where they hugged and then in the car after the date when Patrick said he'd never kissed a guy before and was worried the date might end without that happening was very sweet. It's turned out to be a really great show.

by Anonymousreply 108April 7, 2017 3:40 PM

This is a rare show that keeps getting better with every season. I'm loving it.

by Anonymousreply 109April 7, 2017 4:17 PM

What's the cougar action?

by Anonymousreply 110April 7, 2017 4:35 PM

Except David is Bi, R99.

by Anonymousreply 111April 7, 2017 5:48 PM

Actually he's Polysexual R111.

by Anonymousreply 112April 7, 2017 7:04 PM

I started watching this show because of this very thread and have now enjoyed every episode. So happy that DL can improve my TV watching experience. Was thrilled with the David/Patrick kiss. I teared up.

by Anonymousreply 113April 7, 2017 7:19 PM

Everyone on the show is great. But then there's Catherine O'Hara. She is an absolute genius. Everything she does, she hits out of the ballpark.

And best of all she seems so down to earth, a regular person. Recently I saw a bunch of photos from the shooting of Beetlejuice, back stage things, people clowning around. The photos rarely ever show Alec Baldwin and never show Geena Davis. But they do show the supporting actors fooling around quite a lot -- Glenn Shadix, Winona Ryder, Jeffrey Jones, and so on. And right there with them is Catherine O'Hara.

by Anonymousreply 114April 7, 2017 7:23 PM

David is getting too chubby. Fix that mess!

by Anonymousreply 115April 7, 2017 7:33 PM

more Noah Reid

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 116April 7, 2017 8:16 PM

[bold]Catherine O'Hara is [italic]brilliant...

The writing is weak in some of the later episodes

by Anonymousreply 117April 8, 2017 1:24 AM

Noah Reid is adorkable, and that kissing scene in the car this episode was beautifully played. Both Levy and Reid get it exactly right before and after the kiss. It was the cherry on a truly wonderful episode that found the perfect balance of aww moments and the best of Schitt's absurdities.

by Anonymousreply 118April 8, 2017 2:29 AM

I loved the season finale, and I'm going to watch it again, which I rarely do.

I am happy that the show has not turned cynical, and that each character had a happy moment or two. I'd like to mention the high school graduation with both the doctor and her mother in attendance.

Really lovely stuff.

by Anonymousreply 119April 8, 2017 5:42 AM

Agreed R119. When Alexis is looking in the audience and sees that her parents didn't show up, only to later see her mother on stage was really nice. I guess when you lose everything it's the little things that matter.

by Anonymousreply 120April 8, 2017 1:56 PM

I never thought I'd use that expression un-ironically but that last episode really warmed the cockles of my heart.

by Anonymousreply 121April 9, 2017 1:05 AM

The final two episodes of this season were lovely. Congrats to all involved, to the CBC and to Pop for running it in the US.

Here's hoping someone campaigns for an Emmy nom for O'Hara.

by Anonymousreply 122April 9, 2017 2:48 PM

I love this show, and I love all of you for loving it. Only one more thing to add - I love how David and Alexis's facial and vocal inflections mirror and resemble each other's, just like a real brother and sister would - Dan Levy and Annie Murphy have really perfected this, and it's one more really subtle thing that makes this show so good.

by Anonymousreply 123April 9, 2017 2:57 PM

[quote]I love how David and Alexis's facial and vocal inflections mirror and resemble each other's, just like a real brother and sister would.

Which is surprising given that throughout Alex's puberty she was partying and being taken hostage all over the world without her parents knowing.

by Anonymousreply 124April 9, 2017 3:35 PM

My heart cockles were similarly warmed.

by Anonymousreply 125April 9, 2017 5:38 PM

Their similar facial expressions seem stronger this season, which I guess comes from the cast working well together.

And r124, while Alexis may not have a grown-up very closely to David, by living in that hotel room together they have had plenty of opportunities to make up for lost time.

by Anonymousreply 126April 10, 2017 3:07 AM

Just binged this show. It's delightfully and unexpectedly humorous. Dan Levy and Annie Murphy crack me up as the affected spawn of wealthy parents that clearly had little to do with their up bringing. I love how Murphy's Alexis has adopted the Kardashian vocal patterns and vocal fry to a tee. Whoever said that David is the human version of Datalounge nailed it. He's easily my favorite character.

Stevie (Emily Hampshire) reminds me a lot of a more subdued, dry-witted Parker Posey in Christoper Guest films. She plays off Levy's characters exceptionally well. The scene with David and Patrick when they are setting up David's shop for the opening was my favorite so far. I need to see more of these three in their own scenes in season 4.

Catherine O'Hara nails the role of Moira as the over-indulged actress past her prime. And Eugene Levy as expected plays beautifully off her as her clueless, but doting husband.

Tim Roson (Mutt/log Cabin Guy) is hot as all get out. FWIW he's also a great guy - very personable in real life. He plays Doc Holiday on Wynonna Earp - another Canadian show - on SyFy.

Schitt's Creek definitely a binge-worthy show. Glad it's getting a 4th season.

by Anonymousreply 127October 6, 2017 11:39 PM

The guy who plays Patrick reminds me a bit of a less lanky Corey Monteith. That wholesome young looking cuteness must be a Canadian thing.

by Anonymousreply 128October 6, 2017 11:47 PM

Is shit good?

by Anonymousreply 129October 6, 2017 11:48 PM

David got fat this season.

But per his Instagram, Dan Levy seems to be working out a lot, so maybe he's turning things around.

by Anonymousreply 130October 6, 2017 11:48 PM

R130 Who gives a fuck if he is fat? You body-shaming Nazi fuck!

by Anonymousreply 131October 9, 2017 4:02 PM

Love the show. It's not easy to make rich, entitled snobs, who have fallen from grace, endearing in these days.

by Anonymousreply 132October 9, 2017 4:10 PM

I heard an interview with O'Hara this year where she talked about how great it is to be able to live in Toronto and work with Levy and the rest of the cast, and go to her cottage on weekends with family, and that she will be fine if good movie offers from Hollywood don't come as much anymore. Love her.

by Anonymousreply 133October 9, 2017 4:15 PM

O'Hara is my favourite part of the show, w David Levy a close second.

by Anonymousreply 134October 9, 2017 4:40 PM

I'm surprised Eugene Levy isn't getting much love here. Maybe his facial gestures have been played out but as someone who has never seen the American Pie franchise, it's absolutely hilarious to watch. He makes the show for me, with his real-life son coming in a close second.

by Anonymousreply 135November 1, 2017 3:10 AM

Well, I've always loved Eugene Levy, r135, and I've never watched the Pie movies either. He's great on Schitt's.

Loved him as quiz show host Alex Trebell on SCTV, especially when it was the high school scholarship competition "High Q" (Andrea Martin and Catherine are so good in this clip, too)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 136November 1, 2017 5:27 PM

I just started watching it. It's a great show. Catherine O'Hara's effortless brilliance is unsurprising and I love watching Daniel Levy perform. R135 mentioned Eugene getting little love, and that's part of the territory when you're playing the straight man. Every other family member is dialed to 11, so he has to keep things grounded to some extent, though he's not without his little absurdities. Annie Murphy was somewhat of a revelation for me. Not only is she able to keep up with her cast members, but she contributes as well.

Only thing I dislike about Schitt's Creek is that the title appears in the show without an apostrophe, but any time the name of the town appears on a billboard or a sign, the apostrophe's there. Super annoying and an easy fix that should have been made in post.

by Anonymousreply 137November 1, 2017 5:37 PM

An amusing show. It's not going to set the world on fire, but its charm really is the key to why it works.

by Anonymousreply 138November 1, 2017 5:50 PM

Moira: I just had breakfast with Alexis the other day. David: No, that was me. Moira: Nonsense, we had a lengthy conversation about hosiery and menopause! David: Again, that was me!

by Anonymousreply 139November 1, 2017 5:55 PM

Eugene is excellent on the show, but his role is the least showiest role. Every comedy needs the "straight man" or it falls apart. It's like Jason Bateman on Arrested Development. No one ever talks about how wonderful he was on that show, because the other characters were far more colorful. They brought him back in the Netflix season and they'd made him almost as bizarre and quirky as the rest of his family and it just didn't work at all.

Playing the straight man sucks, because you rarely got the props you deserve. I think that's why Be a Arthur wasn't always fond of The Golden Girls. She knew it was great material, but she rarely got to let loose and have fun like her co-stars, because she had to play the normal, stable one. It's a very tricky kind of role to play.

by Anonymousreply 140November 1, 2017 7:13 PM

I’m looking forward to season 4

by Anonymousreply 141November 2, 2017 1:52 AM

R137 Well cunt, you should definitely kill yourself over that travesty. Quickly now, cunt.

by Anonymousreply 142November 2, 2017 5:00 AM

Moira's wall of wigs in the motel room cracks me up every time they show it.

by Anonymousreply 143November 4, 2017 4:56 PM

Moira is my God.

by Anonymousreply 144November 4, 2017 11:29 PM

[quote]I'm surprised there's not more talk here about Dan Levy's character, who is so homosexual it's visible from orbit, but nonetheless has a fling with straight woman Stevie. The first relationship he's shown having is with a woman -- I'm curious how others feel about that.

That was the most ridiculous, far-fetched thing on this show. Completely unrealistic. David is actually my least favorite character along with Stevie. I'm quite surprised to see how much love they get from posters here. The CONSTANT sarcasm from those two gets very, very old. Also, Mutt always looks like he's wearing cadaver makeup.

by Anonymousreply 145November 4, 2017 11:59 PM

The main cast is extremely talented.

Alexis and Moira's pretentiously affected voices crack me the hell up. I adore the relationship btw David and Stevie. The way those two play off each other is hilarious. And when Stevie and Patrick team up on David in 311 is nearly has me on the floor. I really can't wait to see what they have ready for s4.

by Anonymousreply 146November 4, 2017 11:59 PM

Per Dan Levy's Twitter account, SCreek S4 will be available on Netflix on Oct. 11.

by Anonymousreply 147October 3, 2018 12:23 AM

Just finished up season 4 on Netflix. Love the "Simply The Best" episode the best. It was a great scene with patrick, David and Moira.

by Anonymousreply 148October 23, 2018 8:41 AM

This show is consistently great. They never lose sight of their characters, which is tricky for most comedies... especially after three seasons.

by Anonymousreply 149October 23, 2018 9:43 AM

I know there's a Season four Christmas episode coming as well as a Season 5 and I hope as many seasons as the cast and creators want to do it. It will be interesting to see how long they stick to the original concept of the Roses living in adjacent rooms in a motor lodge. Also, I'm sure Chris Elliott is a lovely man, but, jaysis, please write out Roland. Make Jocelyn the mayor -- or, even better, Ronnie.

by Anonymousreply 150October 23, 2018 6:24 PM

I almost didn't watch this show due to Chris Elliott being in it. I'm glad I gave it a chance though. I wouldn't mind Elliott's character coming to an untimely end. Replace him with the funny deadpan actor who was renting out his garage and who's always talking to his wife.

by Anonymousreply 151October 23, 2018 9:01 PM

Fuck that, Roland Schitt is awesome!

by Anonymousreply 152October 24, 2018 5:42 AM

I echo the negative sentiments about Elliott. I find the overuse of the vocal filler “so...” grating.

by Anonymousreply 153October 24, 2018 8:19 AM

Binge watching this in the New Year ... quite funny

by Anonymousreply 154January 5, 2020 5:20 AM

I love the show ever since they added the boyfriends for the kids. Adding love interests for David and Alexis finally gave them some needed dimension. Couldn't stand David at first. Just bitchy day in day out, there was no redeeming quality in that character. But since both kids have someone they care about I started rooting for them. The David/Patrick relationship is truly well written. And Noah Reid is indeed cute as a button.

by Anonymousreply 155January 5, 2020 12:31 PM

Am I the only one who tries to like it because they love SCTV but finds it way overrated?

by Anonymousreply 156April 8, 2020 8:38 PM

I finally binged this show. I love except for David. What an annoying character. Theyr all annoying but David is so oi ver the top that he makes his family seem normal. why is dado always talking with his hands in a perpetual limp wrist like he's having a stroke? Why does he have to complain about everything, my god

I totally believe Patrick would fall for a david type Nathan and jeffree star who met before he was rich are real life examples of that but jeffree at his most flamboyant is not as nearly annoying and catty as david.

All the characters ended the show with some sort of growth. David started whining and screeching about everything and ended the show whining and complaining about everything. In the real world no one in this town would deal with David as they did I this series.

Maybe that's the problem when you write yourself in the show. I wonder if Dan Left is as shallow and annoying as david and that vogue video with the questions makes me think he is

What a waste in an otherwise great show. patrick deserved better than David.

by Anonymousreply 157March 9, 2021 4:03 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!