Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Please Like Me Season 4.

Just released on Hulu, since Pivot went under a few months ago. Six new episodes streaming. I was worried how it was going to get here, but it's actually much earlier than usual. It just aired in Australia in Nov - Dec.

I love this show, though it's a little sadder than usual this season.

by Anonymousreply 47July 17, 2020 1:02 AM

SADDER than usual? How is that possible? Jesus, I'd rather put a gun to my head than watch it, then.

It all went downhill after Season 1, when they got rid of that beautiful boyfriend with the great ass.

by Anonymousreply 1January 12, 2017 3:43 AM

Geoffrey does make some guest appearances including season 4. But he was perfect and I was devastated that he left.

by Anonymousreply 2January 12, 2017 4:34 AM

Geoffrey:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3January 12, 2017 12:38 PM

Geoffrey's bum:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4January 12, 2017 12:48 PM

I'm generally more interested in the front than the back, but that's a fine ass. Bend over and let me feast!

by Anonymousreply 5January 12, 2017 1:25 PM

I'm still on season 2 and I'm not sure I can continue. The main character is such an ass. Is he supposed to be likable?

by Anonymousreply 6January 12, 2017 1:48 PM

Oh, hunty. You think it is sad now...wait 'til you get to the end. No spoilers, though!

I prefer Arnold to Geoffrey, but then I'm a sucker for mentals.

by Anonymousreply 7January 12, 2017 2:30 PM

I think the show has really gone down hill and some of the recent characters have been under-developed, such as Ben. He was the guy who Josh hooked up with who went into the hospital fearing he was going to die. He was in like 2 episodes and then shows up in a 20 second clip this season now dating a woman? Josh uses it as a throw away joke about "fluidity" but it felt like he wanted to make a joke and then resurrected Ben just to justify that thow away line.

by Anonymousreply 8January 12, 2017 8:12 PM

PPSM is not wrong. This one ends on a very predictable bad note.

by Anonymousreply 9January 12, 2017 9:27 PM

I wonder if he couldn't get the Ben actor this season due to other commitments? The way they ended it last season it seemed there was going to be more between them, but then nada. The same thing with Claire, who's doing a show on ABC in the US, I believe. She works quite a bit, and her time on PLM was really restricted this season.

by Anonymousreply 10January 13, 2017 4:30 AM

Hope it is a spoiler. Why did they kill the mother character 'Pippa from Home and Away'?

by Anonymousreply 11January 13, 2017 4:36 AM

Season 4 is definitely a huge let down after the spectacular Season 3 - not a single episode I liked. Could not believe it was the same show.

by Anonymousreply 12January 13, 2017 4:43 AM

Aw, I thought it had some terrific moments this season. The episode where he took his parents out to dinner was terrific and clearly meant as a farewell to his mum. Mostly it felt rushed to me, especially his mother's death and the aftermath. A suicide has a huge impact on those left behind, and I feel Josh would have been hit very hard. I didn't quite get that.

by Anonymousreply 13January 13, 2017 5:30 AM

I have enjoyed it all the way through, and don't agree that there was a decline in season 4.

But I admit it did get depressing. The scene where Josh dumps Arnold is just heartbreaking. I find the Arnold character adorable, and when he went on that rant and then broke down sobbing begging Josh not to do this to him, I teared up. Haven't many of us been in that situation?

And killing off his mom...did not see that coming.

I would love to see another season and MORE CLAIRE. I really like her.

by Anonymousreply 14January 13, 2017 8:23 AM

Are all Australians sociopaths or just Josh?

by Anonymousreply 15January 13, 2017 9:28 AM

Meh, never liked Arnold. He was incapable of monogamy and mentally ill. That's a heavy burden to bear when you're the boyfriend. Josh just got sick of it, very understandable. I agree he didn't handle the break up well. The best match seemed to be that Ben guy, though it went nowhere. I wonder why they decided not to follow that storyline? Nice to see the return of hot dumb Geoffrey.

I'll be sad if this is the last season. Hulu needs to pick it up. There are NO GAY SHOWS ANYWHERE.

by Anonymousreply 16January 13, 2017 2:33 PM

Ugh. Triggered dyke at R15. Josh is not a sociopath, a hugely incorrectly overused term by armchair psychologists who know nothing about the actual diagnosis. He's witty, sardonic, sarcastic, and smart. To some, like Trump voters, these are not attractive qualities, but to many others they are how they get through the world. He sometimes uses these qualities as weapons, but more often than not they are used to protect himself from the bizarre madness he's surrounded by.

by Anonymousreply 17January 13, 2017 2:41 PM

Was that Arnold getting anally pegged by his female psychiatrist in the finale when he didn't answer Josh's call?

Also, I find it implausible that Tom would refuse to jerk off Josh given they are basically married. Just close your eyes and think of Claire, big dummy.

by Anonymousreply 18January 13, 2017 3:44 PM

They should have made a much bigger deal about Hannah in Season 4.

by Anonymousreply 19January 13, 2017 4:11 PM

R16, my attraction to Arnold is not healthy, I'll admit. I have a bit of a savior complex, and always end up falling intensely in love with depressive types because I want to "rescue" them. It has lead to nothing but heartbreak IRL. Talk to my therapist. ;)

I would like to see more Hannah too. I love that big dyke. Again, though...see above.

There are more stories to tell here, so I hope the show goes on.

by Anonymousreply 20January 13, 2017 4:26 PM

Keegan Joyce is objectively beautiful.

by Anonymousreply 21January 13, 2017 4:33 PM

Josh just has loose skin from being a fat kid. A little plastic surgery could make him into a hunk.

by Anonymousreply 22January 13, 2017 4:34 PM

Geoffrey turned me off completely by saying "I love you" too early.

I like my men emotionally unavailable!

by Anonymousreply 23January 13, 2017 4:39 PM

Loved this season as much as the others, even though it was sad...but I knew it was bound to happen at some point (Mum).

Tom was hotter this season. Has Josh always had that giant thing on his lip?

by Anonymousreply 24January 13, 2017 8:02 PM

I want Tom to be my straight roommate who gets stoned and sometimes lets me blow him.

by Anonymousreply 25January 13, 2017 8:06 PM

I guess my problem is, yes, alot of things seemed rushed and out of the blue. Arnold gone in the second episode, Geoffrey in a needless cameo, Ben's 20 second scene, Ella suddenly wanting to break-up, and how totally unbelievable that Claire would not be consoling Josh (they should have wrote the character living in another country and not still in town) and of course Mom dying. It's like they wanted to start fresh for a possible new season. And there's never enough May.

by Anonymousreply 26January 14, 2017 4:15 PM

Season 4 was the final season, Josh confirmed this past week.

I personally Iike that all of the characters were flawed including Josh himself (though I can understand why others found him off putting). It's not a show for everyone but I'll miss it, especially the great chemistry between Josh, Tom and Caitlin Stacy.

by Anonymousreply 27February 5, 2017 2:25 AM

Not a remotely masculine man between them!

by Anonymousreply 28February 5, 2017 2:40 AM

I actually like how depressing this show is and how the characters annoy me.

I'm probably mentally ill and I guess that's why i enjoy this show.

by Anonymousreply 29February 5, 2017 3:07 AM

Me too, r29. And I find Josh Thomas kinda cute.

by Anonymousreply 30February 5, 2017 4:20 AM

Watching S4 on Netflix - something strangely endearing about all those messed up characters. The camping/breakup episode was sad indeed. Tom's such a sweetheart in that scene.

by Anonymousreply 31February 6, 2017 4:55 AM

Sad this show is over. Another gay show with an original voice dead in the water. Typical. Maybe Netflix will give him a series.

by Anonymousreply 32February 6, 2017 12:31 PM

Josh was just a modern day Woody Allen with all this neurotic ticks and dealing with his cray-cray mom and his too perfect to be true love interests who he somehow managed to attract and then repulse.

Every season had one big major death (season one - Josh's aunt / season two - Josh's mum's and Arnold's asylum buddy / season three - Adele, the intersexed chicken / season four - Josh's mom). I knew some death was coming and with Josh's mom trying to kill herself twice (with Baileys!) in the show already it was just three time's a charm conclusion waiting to happen.

by Anonymousreply 33February 6, 2017 12:59 PM

sorry, THIRD time's a charm

by Anonymousreply 34February 6, 2017 1:02 PM

R18 What episode to Josh ask Tom to jerk him off???

by Anonymousreply 35February 8, 2017 3:23 AM

Season 4 I think. R35.

by Anonymousreply 36February 25, 2017 4:49 PM

No, R35/36, Tom's gf says as a joke that Tom would even jerk off Josh to make him feel better about his mother dying. Tom replies "No, I won't." It's in the final episode.

by Anonymousreply 37February 25, 2017 6:16 PM

Any other good Australian shows like this?

I'm currently watching 'Rosehaven' about best friends - a guy and a girl- who move to his small hometown, he to run his mother's business and she to run away after her husband leaves her during their honeymoon. David Quirk, who played Ben in Season 3 of PLM has a supporting role in this one. Cute show, no gay characters but I'm only halfway through.

by Anonymousreply 38June 5, 2017 1:02 AM

R38, where are you watching it?

by Anonymousreply 39June 5, 2017 5:28 AM

DVD, r39 - I have a multi-region player and I found a cheap copy online.

by Anonymousreply 40June 5, 2017 11:37 AM

Josh popped up on my Grindr while he was visiting Amsterdam last week. I said hello and he blocked me. Cunt.

by Anonymousreply 41June 5, 2017 11:47 AM

Here's a thread for you, r41.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 42June 5, 2017 12:08 PM

The first season was so incredibly charming and I just wanted to live in that house of theirs forever. Although the grass outside always seemed so parched; I couldn't bear that Australian heat all the time.

Then the wheel-spinning happened and it just got more and more dour with each season. A bit like life as you finally grow up and mature. Seeing his precious John be a puppy in the first season, and a wise but slowed-down old doggo by the last episode, mirrored that theme perfectly as well.

I'll miss the series but am glad they stopped it when it was still relatively good. It has a high rewatchability factor for me so I'll gladly revisit that first season many times.

by Anonymousreply 43June 5, 2017 5:26 PM

Just finished binge-watching all 4 seasons. Loved it, but what a unusual piece, with really quirky characters. Hard to buy Josh as a top, and he seemed to have no trouble finding cute boyfriends. Easy to do, I guess, when you're the writer of the series. Tom got better-looking each season. The dinner episode in season 4 was absolutely brilliant. And Aunt Peg went much too soon. Anyone (besides me) find Josh's dad hot?

All-in-all a worthy effort.

by Anonymousreply 44December 31, 2018 5:33 PM

Ugly ass protagonist who thinks he's soo smart. I'm surprised this ugly unfunny dude got a series deal, then again it is Australia so what do I know?

by Anonymousreply 45December 31, 2018 5:37 PM

So the actor who played Geoffrey is straight? What a disappointment!

by Anonymousreply 46July 16, 2020 7:09 PM

R44 Wait, so the inbred-looking twink (also the writer of the show) is a top throughout the series? Lol, did he show the series to his mom, "Look, mom, I'm the man!"

by Anonymousreply 47July 17, 2020 1:02 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!