Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Sal Mineo

Beautiful.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89September 22, 2018 8:43 PM

He thought he could sing

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1January 11, 2017 2:13 PM

Tight hole

by Anonymousreply 2January 11, 2017 2:24 PM

Mineo fucked Bobby Sherman. Jill Haworth, who was Sal's lover at the time, walked in on them. Jill dropped this bombshell in Michael Michaud's biography about Sal. A few months before she passed away, Jill was concerned Sherman would sue.

by Anonymousreply 3January 11, 2017 2:25 PM

...and 5' 3" tall.

by Anonymousreply 4January 11, 2017 2:26 PM

A few months before he was murdered, Sal agreed to do a nude layout for Playgirl.

by Anonymousreply 5January 11, 2017 2:26 PM

Yeah, lovely.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6January 11, 2017 2:55 PM

Ewww, Bobby Sherman? The Justin Bieber of his time!!!

by Anonymousreply 7January 11, 2017 3:11 PM

R6 I'd never seen that picture before. Thanks for sharing. He's dreamy.

by Anonymousreply 8January 11, 2017 3:13 PM

"Mineo fucked Bobby Sherman."

Who's Bobby Sherman? And why should anybody care if Sal Mineo fucked him?

by Anonymousreply 9January 11, 2017 3:23 PM

Here, enjoy some unnecessary showing off by SAL and JULIET PROWSE.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 10January 11, 2017 3:27 PM

I let him service me. He was pretty good. A swallower, and I like a swallower.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 11January 11, 2017 3:28 PM

"Jill Haworth, who was Sal's lover at the time, walked in on them. Jill dropped this bombshell in Michael Michaud's biography about Sal. A few months before she passed away, Jill was concerned Sherman would sue."

Sal Mineo had a FEMALE lover? Yeah, right! The "bombshell" sounds like a big pile of bullshit.

by Anonymousreply 12January 11, 2017 3:32 PM

I like that clip with Juliet especially the last bit where he takes a good look at her, realizes she has a pussy, then get sick to his stomach and walks off

by Anonymousreply 13January 11, 2017 3:43 PM

[quote]Sal Mineo had a FEMALE lover? Yeah, right! The "bombshell" sounds like a big pile of bullshit.

Then you know nothing about Mineo. He was involved with Haworth for some time, and was the first man she ever slept with. They stayed relatively close after he more formally came out, but his involvement with Haworth was real.

by Anonymousreply 14January 11, 2017 3:51 PM

Sal Mineo liked rough trade, he would pay the "sissies" to "kick the crap out of him," then "feed him the crap"

by Anonymousreply 15January 11, 2017 4:13 PM

Not so cute later...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16January 11, 2017 4:17 PM

After careful consideration, I'd still hit it.

by Anonymousreply 17January 11, 2017 4:19 PM

"He was involved with Haworth for some time, and was the first man she ever slept with."

I seriously doubt he ever fucked her. Sounds like they had a typical beard arrangement going on.

by Anonymousreply 18January 11, 2017 4:23 PM

Sal Mineo is a DL icon for many reasons. Not the least of which was his Emmy-worthy appearance on The Patty Duke Show.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19January 11, 2017 4:26 PM

Nips and lips

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 20January 11, 2017 4:28 PM

Mineo and Haworth acted together in her premier feature, "Exodus," when she was, I think, 16 or so. She presented a very fragile persona. Even then, he was far more worldly; so I can understand her attraction, especially since their scenes together have a fragile intimacy.

Never felt much attraction for him. At least, he continued to get work, though after coming out, his work was more in theater. I read somewhere he was working on some kind of tell-all when he died, with his death, in some areas, being linked to a cover-up of his attempts at this. Certainly, no evidence of anything like it survived him.

by Anonymousreply 21January 11, 2017 4:35 PM

[quote]I seriously doubt he ever fucked her. Sounds like they had a typical beard arrangement going on.

Again, incorrect, and none of the people who are in a position to report on their affair has anything to gain by lying, since he didn't go to any lengths to cover anything up. Like many gay men of his generation, he had a sexual life involving women prior to (and sometimes after) coming out. That's not the same thing as "bearding."

Seriously, READ A BOOK.

by Anonymousreply 22January 11, 2017 4:35 PM

[quote]he continued to get work, though after coming out, his work was more in theater. I read somewhere he was working on some kind of tell-all when he died, with his death, in some areas, being linked to a cover-up of his attempts at this.

He directed and acted in production of Fortune and Men's Eyes, which became more graphically sexual as time went on (and at one point starred Don Johnson). His death wasn't any part of any sort of coverup--he was killed by someone who'd been involved in a number of crimes in Mineo's neighborhood, and who had no idea who he was when he killed him. He was stabbed only once, but died of massive internal bleeding.

by Anonymousreply 23January 11, 2017 4:39 PM

Bongos and hairy thighs.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24January 11, 2017 4:43 PM

[quote]has anything to gain by lying

You don't need a reason to lie, just like many victims found you don't need a motive to kill.

by Anonymousreply 25January 11, 2017 5:01 PM

With lover Courtney Burr

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26January 11, 2017 5:15 PM

He punched Aaron Spelling in the face, and therefore we can conclude Sal was a worthy man.

by Anonymousreply 27January 11, 2017 5:16 PM

With Bobby Sherman. Never left them unsatisfied.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28January 11, 2017 5:23 PM

They took his homosexual ass out of the movie Grease

by Anonymousreply 29January 11, 2017 5:32 PM

He was a semi-out gay long, loooong before anyone else in Hollywood. You've gotta give him credit for that.

by Anonymousreply 30January 11, 2017 5:32 PM

It's funny he claimed never to have fucked Don Johnson even though they lived together.

by Anonymousreply 31January 11, 2017 5:33 PM

R31 He protected his friends. It would've ruin Johnson's career at the time.

by Anonymousreply 32January 11, 2017 5:36 PM

Very graphic it was.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33January 11, 2017 5:43 PM

R22 has a lot invested in telling everyone he and Jill were in a sexual relationship or how many times they fucked ("slept with"). This "read a book" condescension isn't particularly warranted, R22, since you weren't actually there, and I don't see your verification being very substantial.

And by the way, a lot of gay men today have sex with women once or twice to try it or during their years coming to terms with themselves. Some do it once with one woman, some marry women and probably do so many times. Take your own advice and multiply it - read more than one book.

People are entitled to their doubts and I doubt you have the details to tell you which of these situations they were in. You really need to unclench.

by Anonymousreply 34January 11, 2017 5:44 PM

Don Johnson in that era looked like Helen Reddy

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 35January 11, 2017 5:45 PM

Holly Near attempting to seduce Johnson

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 36January 11, 2017 5:47 PM

r5, maybe that was why he was murdered. Hollywood was hysterical about keeping its stars out of Playgirl.

by Anonymousreply 37January 11, 2017 5:56 PM

"People are entitled to their doubts and I doubt you have the details to tell you which of these situations they were in."

I doubt you have them, either. You strike me as the type who will believe anything. That's not very bright.

by Anonymousreply 38January 11, 2017 6:01 PM

[quote]And by the way, a lot of gay men today have sex with women once or twice to try it or during their years coming to terms with themselves. Some do it once with one woman, some marry women and probably do so many times.

That's precisely the point I was trying to make. You're the one insisting that it couldn't have happened, simply because you "doubt" it as someone who knows nothing about what's being discussed. But by all means, prove my points for me. As for verification, there is much verification by numerous parties, but since it's to be found in books you're unlikely to read, continue to choose to ignore them. Unclench yourself, and at least admit you're part of the reason this country is so fucking stupid.

by Anonymousreply 39January 11, 2017 6:04 PM

Holly Near the only lesbian who dates men, XY men

by Anonymousreply 40January 11, 2017 6:07 PM

[quote][R5], maybe that was why he was murdered. Hollywood was hysterical about keeping its stars out of Playgirl.

He was almost completely avoided by Hollywood by that point. They didn't care one way or another about Sal Mineo.

by Anonymousreply 41January 11, 2017 6:11 PM

"As for verification, there is much verification by numerous parties, but since it's to be found in books you're unlikely to read, continue to choose to ignore them. Unclench yourself, and at least admit you're part of the reason this country is so fucking stupid."

What "books" are you referring to? Let's have the titles so we all can read them and judge their veracity ourselves. Your word for it certainly doesn't suffice. A suspect these "books'" are merely gossip tomes. But by all mean, let us know what they are, if you're so certain "verification" can be found in them.

If anybody is suffering from a clenched asshole, it's you, honey. Take your own advice, and "unclench.' You sound very upset, on edge, and stupid.

by Anonymousreply 42January 11, 2017 6:12 PM

That is a nasty thing in that article that Natalie wood and Robert Wagner were willing to see Sal but not if he brought Courtney with him.

by Anonymousreply 43January 11, 2017 6:13 PM

"Seriously, READ A BOOK. "

Seriously, WHAT FUCKING BOOK ARE YOU BABBLING ABOUT? Something by Darwin Porter, perhaps?

by Anonymousreply 44January 11, 2017 6:15 PM

Try this, stupid, stupid, stupid cunt who obviously can't even see his way through a simple Google search but still sees fit to tell other people to unclench:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45January 11, 2017 6:19 PM

Should you require further sources, r44, there is a list in the back of the previously posted volume. You might need some help in locating it, so ask an adult to point out the table of contents to you, where you'll find "Sources" listed near the end. Then turn the pages until you get to that part, and read about all the other things you can look up if you choose to. They are the sort of thing you can find in things like libraries, which are buildings dedicated to holding books, and once you get your rudimentary Googling skills down, you can use their very fancy computers to do further research. Remember to ask your mom for help whenever you need it.

by Anonymousreply 46January 11, 2017 6:23 PM

The stupid, stupid, stupid, raving cunt at R45 and R46 is truly bonkers. Celebrity biographies frequently contain unsubstantiated information and outright lies. Everybody knows that....except him, obviously. What an idiot! What an absolute moron!

by Anonymousreply 47January 11, 2017 6:32 PM

Good lord, the Michaud book is very clear on this. Jill Haworth and Courtney Burr were his two biggest sources, and each told the same story. Burr was well aware of Sal's history with Jill. Jill went into detail about her sexual relationship with Sal, what they did when (she was a young teenager when it started, which is gross), how he gave her a kind of "contract" regarding what sex acts she could do only with him (I think oral), etc. It's all very clear, and no one has any reason to lie. Burr corroborated it.

Why is this person who obviously has no familiarity with the story flying off the handle about it?

by Anonymousreply 48January 11, 2017 6:33 PM

P.S. Haworth and Burr were Mineo's two main lovers in his life and knew each other, in case you're about to start shrieking about unsubstantiated rumors.

by Anonymousreply 49January 11, 2017 6:34 PM

"Jill went into detail about her sexual relationship with Sal, what they did when (she was a young teenager when it started, which is gross), how he gave her a kind of "contract" regarding what sex acts she could do only with him (I think oral), etc. It's all very clear, and no one has any reason to lie."

Oh, there are plenty of reasons for people to lie about their supposed relationship with a celebrity. Money, for one thing. Maybe these two people, Jill Haworth and Courtney Burr, .were compensated for telling tawdry tales. And that bit about him giving her a"contract" regarding what sex acts she could only do with him....that sounds too ridiculous to believe. If these two "knew each other" they could have easily agreed to corroborate each other's stories. That bit about walking in on Mineo and Bobby Sherman also seems suspect. I've never heard ANY rumors about Bobby Sherman being gay. But it sure creates a titillating picture doesn't it, the image of two popular teen idols, fucking? I think think Haworth and Burr are beyond reproach. I don't find them particularly credible. They just seem like nobodies who had a connection (who knows how much of one) with a celebrity long, long ago.

by Anonymousreply 50January 11, 2017 6:51 PM

[R33] Vintage Sean Cody out-take. When they were still filming in black and white.

by Anonymousreply 51January 11, 2017 7:38 PM

[quote]They took his homosexual ass out of the movie Grease

MINEO was murdered in February '76.

GREASE didn't even go into production until Spring of 1977; the movie premiered June 1978.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52January 11, 2017 8:01 PM

Supposedly was fucked as an underage boy by Yul Brynner during the run of KING AND I.

by Anonymousreply 53January 11, 2017 8:03 PM

Sal Mineo was the subject of The New Adam (1962) by Harold Stevenson.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54January 11, 2017 8:38 PM

[quote]That is a nasty thing in that article that Natalie wood and Robert Wagner were willing to see Sal but not if he brought Courtney with him.

Wonder what the backstory is there. Had they met COURTNEY previously and not liked him ? NATALIE & R.J. had lots of gay friends and NATALIE had been friends with SAL since the mid 50s. NATALIE & SAL were quite close for period of years from like '54, 55 to '60 and stayed on good terms as far I know. From 1960 onward the openly gay MART CROWLEY was one of NATALIE'S closest confidantes as was RODDY McDOWALL. R.J. too had many gay friends.

I mention that because I have doubts that the two refused to see SAL if he brought COURTNEY along because the two were a couple; likely more to it.

CLIP shows a bunch of celebrities in Malibu in the summer of '65. NATALIE is shown (wearing straw hat) as is SAL MINEO. Wonder who the blond guy at :25 SECS is that he's with; anyone recognize him ?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55January 11, 2017 8:58 PM

R19 totally agree

by Anonymousreply 56January 23, 2017 5:07 AM

DANG, SAL

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57January 23, 2017 5:55 AM

lather

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58January 23, 2017 5:57 AM

R55 That blond is hot... hope Sal had a good time with him.

R58 Love it!

by Anonymousreply 59January 23, 2017 5:57 AM

Sal revealed in a 1972 interview with Boze Hadleigh that he had an affair with Peter Lawford.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60January 23, 2017 6:10 AM

Sal and Peter

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 61January 23, 2017 6:11 AM

Sal was the model for "The New Adam" at the Guggenheim.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 62January 23, 2017 6:18 AM

Laid out side-by-side.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63January 23, 2017 6:20 AM

Beautiful if you prefer down slanted eyes and the height of a hood ornament on a Rolls.

by Anonymousreply 64January 23, 2017 8:20 AM

[quote]R.J. too had many gay friends.

R.J. himself was light-in-the-loafers..... which leads us back to, again, the whole "alleged affair with Christopher Walken leading to Natalie's death" story.

by Anonymousreply 65January 23, 2017 8:45 AM

I wasn't the only one who got fucked by Sal Mineo.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66January 23, 2017 9:51 AM

I'm confused why the stupid cunt at [R34] and [R47] is having hissy fits.Dude, you're the one who sounds bonkers insisting that all books are trash and that these witnesses aren't reputable...why? Because you've got some nutty notion that Sal Mineo MUST be 100% exclusively gay/Kinsey 6 based on...what exactly?

If you actually READ books, Mineo's bisexuality has been discussed elsewhere as well, in other books about other gay actors and Hollywood of that time. He had relationships and fucked a few women...most gay men did the exact same thing in that era. (And, many still do the same thing today.) It also had the advantage of keeping yourself safe...fuck a girl with a big mouth and word would get out about your ability to score with the ladies. It's straight out of the Closet Case Handbook.

by Anonymousreply 67January 23, 2017 10:17 AM
by Anonymousreply 68April 2, 2017 7:56 PM

Imagine all the fun he had in the '50s and early '60s. Back when it was still completely dirty and shameful.

by Anonymousreply 69April 2, 2017 8:12 PM

It breaks my heart to think of the closeted and tormented lives that our gay brothers had to live back then. HIs face is so innocent in that photo and he didn't deserve to die so tragically. I hope he had some joy and happiness in his life.

by Anonymousreply 70April 2, 2017 8:22 PM

I agree, R70. I sympathize if Sal was tormented, but he also kept a young Don Johnson. The universe balanced his life out.

by Anonymousreply 71April 2, 2017 8:38 PM

Don't feel bad for Sal. The Michaud book talks about his many conquests right up until his death. He was a whore darlin.

by Anonymousreply 72April 2, 2017 8:47 PM

Yes, I read it, too, and he sounded really sex-obsessed, not just physically but mentally; seemed like it was his main occupation, besides trying unsuccessfully to resurrect his career for the last 15 years of his life, poor guy.

by Anonymousreply 73April 2, 2017 8:54 PM

And Don sure had a nice ass, R71.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74April 2, 2017 9:56 PM

"Sal revealed in a 1972 interview with Boze Hadleigh that he had an affair with Peter Lawford."

So Boze Hadleigh is believed when it come to his interviews with men but not with women?

by Anonymousreply 75April 2, 2017 11:49 PM

Sal Mineo did not come from a well off family. His father was a Sicilian immigrant who made caskets for a living. His mother was his manager for a long time and she and his father stole most of his money. and spent it on cars, homes, etc. He died practically penniless.

by Anonymousreply 76April 3, 2017 12:20 AM

I don't know. I envy Sal, other than the getting murdered thing.

He got to know why the caged bird sings, AND he got tons of hot famous dick. Do we think he sucked off James Dean? He had to have.

This is maybe my favorite bit of film ever. It's 100 times better than the scene in the actual movie. Young Sal is so in love with James.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77April 3, 2017 12:48 AM

Sal you were a cool dude. Sorry we let that idiot Franco make a movie about you.

by Anonymousreply 78April 3, 2017 3:36 AM

Is Zayn the 21st Century Sal? Seems like it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79April 3, 2017 4:39 AM

Didn't he also sleep with a teenage Jay North (Dennis the Menace)?

by Anonymousreply 80April 3, 2017 8:33 PM

RIP Salvatore

by Anonymousreply 81April 3, 2017 8:49 PM

He was too cute even if he was more than a bit messed up in later years you would blame that partially on an awful family life and no supervision/bad influences

by Anonymousreply 82April 3, 2017 10:11 PM

bump!

by Anonymousreply 83September 22, 2018 6:05 AM

He was nominated twice for the Academy Award, wasn’t he?

by Anonymousreply 84September 22, 2018 6:36 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 85September 22, 2018 8:39 AM

r52

Yeah the took him out of Grease, they changed the line to Troy Donahue.

by Anonymousreply 86September 22, 2018 10:09 AM

I was a fan of Sale Mini when I was about five.

I was a fan of Bobby Sherman too.

by Anonymousreply 87September 22, 2018 10:18 AM

Sale Minio was gorgeous all his life.

by Anonymousreply 88September 22, 2018 10:22 AM

Did he ever hook up with Burt? He looks enamored.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 89September 22, 2018 8:43 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!