Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Lee Majors & Rock Hudson

Globe Magazine / October 1st 1985:

Rock Hudson put Lee Majors on the road to fame and fortune, but as the superstar lay dying, his protégé was nowhere to be seen.

Rock discovered Lee in a backwater Kentucky town 23 years ago, persuaded him to go to Hollywood and went out of his way to introduce him to agents and producers.

But as the AIDS-stricken actor fought for life, Majors was not among the string of celebrities - including Liz Taylor, Roddy McDowall and Nancy Walker - who were rushing to his bedside.

Paul Block, Majors' publicist, is on record as denying that his client and Rock even knew each other. Recently, confronted with undeniable photographic evidence of the mysterious friendship, he issued on behalf of Majors, a terse "no comment".

Yet, observers of the Hollywood scene in the 1960s told GLOBE that the friendship between Rock and Majors was widely known. Another source says frankly, that Rock considered Majors to be his protégé. However, he adds: "I had the impression that the feeling was not mutual."

The insider continues: "Rock insisted Lee dye his hair blond to make him look more like the macho surfer type - an image Rock thought was most popular with the studio executives. Lee used to come to parties at Rock's house shortly before he landed the part in The Big Valley in 1965, but he always seemed uncomfortable, especially if Rock was bragging about what a big star Lee would someday become. "This guy is going to go places and will be a romantic leading man someday," Rock once predicted during a small house party. Lee would blush and go off and stand alone either at the bar or out by the pool. You could tell Rock's constant stream of compliments about Lee's looks bothered him."

One veteran Tinseltown reporter saw the picture of Rock that Majors kept in his bedroom while working on The Big Valley, his first TV break. When she asked him why it was there, he said: "I admire him."

One source says that Lee quietly kept in touch with Rock until he really made it big in The Six Million Dollar Man. He and his first wife divorced shortly after he arrived in Hollywood and he went on to marry Farrah Fawcett.

"His star was shining a lot brighter than Rock's, and frankly Lee was really too busy with his career and his marriage to Farrah to need Rock as a mentor for anything," the insider explains. "Rock would mention that he heard from Lee from time to time, but I sensed that they were no longer what you would call close friends after Lee hit it big."

He adds, "Rock almost felt it was his duty to the acting world to make certain there were enough handsome, young leading men types around to fill his own shoes, I guess."

The source hints that Rock, whose gay lifestyle was then a secret, thought of himself as a Svengali to handsome, young actors like Lee.

Rock first met Majors, who was then known as Lee Yeary, in 1962 when Lee was playing football at Eastern Kentucky State College in Richmond, Kentucky. Rock astonished Majors' adoptive parents by driving up to their house in nearby Middlesboro one day for a visit, and he willingly posed for pictures with Majors and his bride.

Sources who knew Majors then have revealed that Rock persuaded him to launch an acting career by enrolling at the Pioneer Playhouse in Danville, Kentucky. He also urged Majors and Kathy to pack up and move to Hollywood - a decision that spelled the end of their brief marriage. Kathy filed for divorce shortly after and returned to Kentucky with their son.

"Rock loved football and always said that there were many good-looking college and professional football players around that they should get into acting before some injury would mess up their faces or bodies," the Hollywood source says.

(continued)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 182October 9, 2018 6:57 AM

"Rock was also a friend of former pro football player Roman Gabriel, and he tried to push him into acting, but Roman just couldn't cut it," he says. "Roman wasn't into acting and I think he made one film, thanks to Rock, which was just plain awful.

"Rock had better luck with Lee and always considered himself a close friend. He told me once that he was the one who got Lee his first contract with Universal Studios.

Young actors like Lee and others looked up to Rock because he was such an established star and definitely had influence in the business. He would try and give Lee and others guidance on how to defend themselves and to know when they were being abused professionally. "They will try and work you 'till you drop if you let them," I recall him saying more than once."

But when Rock dropped, a victim of the bizarre Hollywood lifestyle the former Lee Yeary was not there to help him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1January 2, 2017 5:30 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 2January 2, 2017 5:30 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3January 2, 2017 5:31 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 4January 2, 2017 5:31 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 5January 2, 2017 5:31 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6January 2, 2017 5:31 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7January 2, 2017 5:32 PM

When I lived in LA in the 1980s Majors was known for trolling through Boystown in his sports car, often with the passenger door open, trying to get cute young guys inside. My ex-boyfriend had a several month affair with him. And yes, Lee talked about his pal Rock a lot.

by Anonymousreply 8January 2, 2017 5:33 PM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9January 2, 2017 5:33 PM

Questions arise....

The mind reels.

by Anonymousreply 10January 2, 2017 5:34 PM

How sad that Majors abandoned the guy responsible for his career.

by Anonymousreply 11January 2, 2017 5:34 PM

They were fuckin.

by Anonymousreply 12January 2, 2017 5:34 PM

Lee at 25 in Strait Jacket (1964)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13January 2, 2017 5:35 PM

That's the kind of thing that Hollywood approves of R11. It was probably the thing that let him in the door, his willingness to drop the inconvenient helpers he had.

by Anonymousreply 14January 2, 2017 5:35 PM

At 5'11", Lee was a hunky Kentucky college football player and Rock was a 6'5" movie god when they met. I wish I knew exactly how and where they met. At a local college bar with a hot hookup afterward, perhaps? Lee was married at the time to his first wife, Kathy Robinson, but he liked some hot bro action on the side. To Rock, it didn't matter that Lee was already taken. Rock soon showed up to Lee's adoptive parents' home (i.e., his aunt and uncle; Lee's dad died in an accident before he was born and his mom died in an accident when he was one year old); he drove right to their house, surprising the heck out of them. Can you imagine a Hollywood A-lister showing up to your house out of the blue? But that was the depth of Rock's attraction to Lee. Rock whisked Lee off to Hollywood--wife and all, where she divorced him soon afterward. I guess she couldn't handle the smell of Rock's spunk in Lee's mouth. And the rest is history.

by Anonymousreply 15January 2, 2017 5:47 PM

Is it deplorable that I want to ask the hospital in which Rock died whether they can give me one of his used anal and urethral swabs? Just asking.

by Anonymousreply 16January 2, 2017 5:50 PM

The Globe ad supplanted the supposedly less odious (National Enquirer) as a fount of information. Especially now since The National Enquirer is in Trump's pocket.

by Anonymousreply 17January 2, 2017 5:53 PM

In that pic at r9, which guy is supposed to be Lee?

by Anonymousreply 18January 2, 2017 5:58 PM

Didn't some gay guy who was Lee's piece on the side og his marriage to Farrah write a book with name's changed? I read it years ago after hearing about if here, but the name of the book escapes me.

by Anonymousreply 19January 2, 2017 5:59 PM

[quote]They were fuckin.

Well, he's not the kind to kiss and tell.

by Anonymousreply 20January 2, 2017 6:09 PM

So was Farah fine with his bromances? He has 4 kids, so he must be bi leaning straight.

by Anonymousreply 21January 2, 2017 7:34 PM

He's still gorgeous and has a much younger wife.

by Anonymousreply 22January 2, 2017 8:42 PM

I'm confused. Was Lee the top in this relationship, or was it Rock?

by Anonymousreply 23January 3, 2017 12:58 PM

Maybe Lee procured for him?

by Anonymousreply 24January 3, 2017 1:02 PM

r22, he's not "still gorgeous". He lives down the street from me in Houston and looks like his face was in a fire. The young wife, Faith, is very ambitious socially. And YOUNG.

by Anonymousreply 25January 3, 2017 1:08 PM

I envy anyone who was intimate enough with Rock to be invited into his shower...and bed. That was one fine FINE man.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26January 3, 2017 1:29 PM

R26, Well, I'd envy them if they were intimate with him prior to the late 1970s - early 1980s...

by Anonymousreply 27January 3, 2017 1:30 PM

[quote]Lee at 25 in Strait Jacket (1964)

And after Joan got through with him R13.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 28January 3, 2017 1:33 PM

If it hadn't been for his illness, Rock still would've been extremely f*ckable in his daddy years.

by Anonymousreply 29January 3, 2017 1:34 PM

R28, can we please have a "Spoiler Alert" next time!

by Anonymousreply 30January 3, 2017 1:36 PM

Im watching a marathon of The Big Valley. Lee always looked great.

by Anonymousreply 31January 3, 2017 1:41 PM

Yummm

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32January 3, 2017 1:53 PM

R32 Who's that? Doesn't look like Rock or Lee.

by Anonymousreply 33January 3, 2017 1:54 PM

That pic at R32 is purported to be Rock Hudson. I assumed it was from the same shoot as R26.

I think the pic looks like De Niro, frankly.

But I thought DL would appreciate the tan line!

by Anonymousreply 34January 3, 2017 2:00 PM

Did Lee have a nose job somewhere along the way?

by Anonymousreply 35January 3, 2017 2:00 PM

R34 I appreciate it, whoever it is. Looks like there's some good bootie going on there.

by Anonymousreply 36January 3, 2017 2:01 PM

Ask Peter Barton.

by Anonymousreply 37January 3, 2017 2:01 PM

R37...about...?

by Anonymousreply 38January 3, 2017 2:02 PM

There's a whole series of Rock Hudson in the shower photos.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39January 3, 2017 2:03 PM

And then there's the Pillow Talk bathtub scene, of course.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 40January 3, 2017 2:04 PM

[quote]Another source says frankly, that Rock considered Majors to be his protégé. However, he adds: "I had the impression that the feeling was not mutual."

When the semi-literate write copy.

by Anonymousreply 41January 3, 2017 2:06 PM

Keep your trap shut Babe

by Anonymousreply 42January 3, 2017 2:07 PM

And keep your "trap" shut, Miss Chiles. You're attracting flocks of seagulls.

by Anonymousreply 43January 3, 2017 2:56 PM

[quote] Did Lee have a nose job somewhere along the way?

Lee was a "major" snorter so I assume he might have.

by Anonymousreply 44January 3, 2017 2:56 PM

You all need to look up the story about the University of Kentucky Football team from the early 1960's that was "allegedly" a hotbed of homosexuality. Rock Hudson was supposed to co-own the gay bar in Lexington at that time called the Lamplight. It was through these connections he was introduced to the man who would become Lee Majors.

by Anonymousreply 45January 3, 2017 3:28 PM

From that book the gay guy wrote, Lee liked women but couldnt be without men sexually on the side. I don't think the book discussed Farrah's sex life, but there have been rumors she was bi. It would not surprise me if Lee eventually became gay over time as he got older and is just bearding. He seemed terribly closeted. IIRC, because he also like women he didn't believe he was gay.

by Anonymousreply 46January 3, 2017 8:37 PM

Sorry Babe, but the only thing I'm attracting is your husband.

by Anonymousreply 47January 3, 2017 9:21 PM

Lexington and Louisville are two of the gayest cities I've ever been to: those gays may be closeted, or weird, or married, but man, UK has been homo-heaven for decades. Louisville is homo-opolis.

by Anonymousreply 48January 3, 2017 9:23 PM

Maybe this is why UK has never had much of a football team.

by Anonymousreply 49January 3, 2017 9:57 PM

I am curious yellow.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50January 3, 2017 10:37 PM

R50 Canary Yellow is very handsome on a man.

by Anonymousreply 51January 3, 2017 10:50 PM

yellow skin troll alert

by Anonymousreply 52January 3, 2017 10:58 PM

[quote]yellow skin troll alert

And yellow hair too. Geez, what a bad coloring job on Lee in R50.

I want to hear more from the old Kentucky Queen (R45). You seem to know things.

by Anonymousreply 53January 3, 2017 11:20 PM

Lee didn't play for UK. He played for EKU (Eastern Kentucky U). Apparently, he was sidelined permanently after a back injury during his first game.

He's #81:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 54January 3, 2017 11:58 PM

/////

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55January 4, 2017 12:01 AM

////

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56January 4, 2017 12:01 AM

====

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57January 4, 2017 12:02 AM

------

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 58January 4, 2017 12:02 AM
Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59January 4, 2017 12:03 AM

[quote]Im watching a marathon of The Big Valley. Lee always looked great.

ALL the Barkley boys looked great and Lee was the prettiest...........but Peter Breck was DEFINITELY the hottest.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 60January 4, 2017 12:40 AM

[quote]Canary Yellow is very handsome on a man.

That isn't Canary Yellow, that's Vitamin Packed Urine !

by Anonymousreply 61January 4, 2017 1:08 AM

Anyone remember the fourth Barkley Boy...Eugene...wholesome and hot! But overall, I was a Jarrod kind of guy.

by Anonymousreply 62January 4, 2017 1:13 AM

Lee should not have had that nosejob.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63January 4, 2017 1:18 AM

And if what Armistead Maupin says is true, Rock Hudson was enormously well hung.

by Anonymousreply 64January 4, 2017 1:24 AM

Rock wasn't forlorn for long, because soon enough he found a new protege in the form of high school jock and model Jack Scalia.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 65January 4, 2017 1:27 AM

Rock's heart problems during this time became obvious in the two publicity pictures taken one year apart from "The Devlin Connection".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 66January 4, 2017 1:31 AM

R66 Heart problems and HIV problems both.

by Anonymousreply 67January 4, 2017 1:36 AM

I read Both Sides of the Rainbow written by Tom Christopher (a pseudonym), who was supposedly Majors' boytoy during his 70's & early 80's heyday. Does anybody have any details on who the real Tom Christopher is/was?

by Anonymousreply 68January 4, 2017 1:39 AM

Did Lee actually think people would forget about the Rock Hudson friendship that was publicized in tv magazines early in his career? For chrissakes he even had a portrait of Rock in his living room.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69January 4, 2017 2:14 AM

Opposite page

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70January 4, 2017 2:17 AM

You know, Hudson may have been the only person in the history of Hollywood who actually followed through on his promises to tricks from the sticks!

by Anonymousreply 71January 4, 2017 2:36 AM

MOAR, R70. We need the rest of that article! That's just too juicy of a cliff hanger!

by Anonymousreply 72January 4, 2017 2:47 AM

[R63] - Proof positive that the "pert" nose is a major "DON'T" on the male visage.

by Anonymousreply 73January 4, 2017 2:52 AM

R72, Page 3

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 74January 4, 2017 2:57 AM

Page 4 (TV Radio Mirror, Aug 1966)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75January 4, 2017 3:00 AM

That article is trying to say so much with what it doesn't say......nicely done!

by Anonymousreply 76January 4, 2017 3:03 AM

Lee at the right @ R63 resembles a young and spry Faye Dunaway with that cute pixie nose.

PS: Faye, pay attention, dear. You're wandering again.

by Anonymousreply 77January 4, 2017 3:06 AM

R60

Originally there were 3 sons and then 'Heath' the bastard son. CHARLES BRILES shown below on R with RICHARD LONG (Jarrod) was only on for the first season. The youngest actor on the show, the 23 year old BRILES was drafted and had to go !

BRILES played Eugene the youngest son. He, BRILES died this past year at 73, 74.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 78January 4, 2017 3:06 AM

Ooops. Forgot the link.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 79January 4, 2017 3:06 AM

Oh, dear. Young Briles is making me swoon. My manties are moister than usual!

And *THANK YOU*, R69/R70/R74/R75!

MWWWWWAHHH!!!

by Anonymousreply 80January 4, 2017 3:08 AM

God bless Rock for being so kind and charitable to the nation's football players!

by Anonymousreply 81January 4, 2017 3:12 AM

OMG I love this thread!

by Anonymousreply 82January 4, 2017 3:13 AM

My hoo hoo is all a twitter!

by Anonymousreply 83January 4, 2017 3:17 AM

It's circle jerk time!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 84January 4, 2017 3:20 AM

I wonder if Rock ever urged Lee to invite the hot cast of Big Valley to stretch out his, er, big valley.

by Anonymousreply 85January 4, 2017 3:22 AM

Well, DICK LONG (so great in a phone book .... LONG, DICK) was married to hot 50s 'B' starlet MARA CORDAY and from what I know was just a nice sweet one woman man. Earlier he was married to the tragic SUZAN BALL, cousin of LUCY. SUZAN died from cancer when only in her early 20s.

below, MARA CORDAY, aka MRS. DICK LONG

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 86January 4, 2017 3:27 AM

I'd like to hear more about the memoirs written by Lee's toyboy, r68.

by Anonymousreply 87January 4, 2017 4:56 AM

R87

track down MARGIE CARROLL and beg her who is behind the (true) identity of TOM CHRISTOPHER

by Anonymousreply 88January 4, 2017 5:01 AM

How was the book received when it was released? Did farrah leave lee not long after?

by Anonymousreply 89January 4, 2017 6:46 AM

God, he was so rugged, handsome and macho in his hey day. He must have tempted many young, otherwise hetero stallions to give that big dick of his a try!

by Anonymousreply 90January 4, 2017 7:27 AM

What about me?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91January 4, 2017 11:18 AM

It's amazing to me that Lee Majors could possibly deny his relationship with Rock Hudson. Did he think this old article and all the pictures would just disappear? Majors sounds like a heartless user. Probably gave up his ass and sucked cock until he was making seven figures.

by Anonymousreply 92January 4, 2017 11:22 AM

Rock liked them blond.

by Anonymousreply 93January 4, 2017 11:24 AM

Here's the best shot fom Lee Majors' appearance in the May '74 issue of Playgirl magazine.

Just kidding but he DOES bear a strong resemblance.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 94January 4, 2017 1:24 PM

R94 Rock would've driven over to this guy's house and had a barbecue.

by Anonymousreply 95January 4, 2017 1:39 PM

Why yes Mr. Yeary did attend EKU but since he played football and EKU is only 20 minutes or so from Lexington I am sure he had connections with the UK football players. As I said they were his "in" with Rock Hudson. I am sure they are the ones who introduced the EKU football players to Jimmie and Lonnie and from there Rock. Look up the Thin Thirty about UK football in the early 60's . There is a lot of sexual predator talk but these guys were all over 18 and knew what they were doing.

by Anonymousreply 96January 4, 2017 1:56 PM

R60 I agree. Nick Barkley's trouser snake was always in the left corner pocket.

by Anonymousreply 97January 4, 2017 1:57 PM

You can meet Lee in person at this event and ask him about all the hot sex he had with Rock!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 98January 4, 2017 2:56 PM

R98

Not that easy to just ask. I met GEORGE MICHAEL at one of those things and I asked him that with with all of his millions, why didn't he just buy some large track of land, built a park with a mens room and then he could do whatever he wanted you know, on his knees etc, and not have to worry about legal action.

Well, he just looked horrified and the next thing I knew some of the 'handlers' at the event were asking me to move on ! Imagine.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 99January 4, 2017 3:20 PM

tract

by Anonymousreply 100January 4, 2017 3:21 PM

Huh.

by Anonymousreply 101January 4, 2017 3:51 PM

ROCK sampling LEE'S potential, circa 1963.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 102January 4, 2017 4:12 PM

Rock Hudson was truly stunning in the 50s and 60s. Who wouldn't have wanted to jump on that?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 103January 4, 2017 4:39 PM

Lee is such a liar

by Anonymousreply 104January 4, 2017 5:15 PM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 105January 4, 2017 7:15 PM

Many of the actors who are bi, gay or have or have had relationships of any sort with known gay actors tend to distance themselves when it comes into question for sake of their reputations etc....

ELIZABETH TAYLOR commented years ago that when she was trying to raise for AIDS research that quite a few of her famous male friends would give her a check towards the charity but didn't want their names/images associated with AIDS research. SINATRA was one she alluded to. In the early days of AIDS awareness etc, it was always the actresses who were visible (TAYLOR, MORGAN FAIRCHILD, SHARON STONE), never the guys.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106January 4, 2017 7:15 PM

If you watch his work, Lee has no chemistry with female actresses - with the exception of Lindsay Wagner. He was jealous of her offscreen.

He always seemed gay to me. His A&E biography also neglects to mention the Rock connection.

by Anonymousreply 107January 4, 2017 7:52 PM

Lee Majors could've been a total cunt when he ignored dying Hudson but you never know what had happened between them earlier. Sometimes love turns into hate, if there ever was love between them that is. I suspect he was afraid of being outed, though.

by Anonymousreply 108January 4, 2017 8:08 PM

When HENRY WILLSON died in 1978, none of the stars he created went to his funeral (ROCK, ROBERT WAGNER, TROY, GUY MADISON, RORY CALHOUN, GEORGE NADER) . In NADER'S case, I can understand as he threw NADER to the wolves in order to save his (bigger) client ROCK HUDSON.

ROBERT WAGNER, who was also once very close with CLIFTON WEBB, barely mentioned him in his autobiography nor did he attend his funeral in 66.

by Anonymousreply 109January 4, 2017 8:14 PM

I like the fake Lee r94 better than Lee.

by Anonymousreply 110January 4, 2017 9:26 PM

[quote] You can meet Lee in person at this event

But it would require a trip to Monroeville, PA, a dire corner of the world.

by Anonymousreply 111January 4, 2017 10:37 PM

R109, RJ was a pallbearer at Clifton Webb's funeral. And he mentioned living with Clifton and his mother Mabelle during those early salad days.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 112January 5, 2017 12:13 AM

Farrah and Lee's wedding in 1973. They were married from 1973 to 1982, although they separated in 1979.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113January 5, 2017 12:14 AM

[quote] RJ was a pallbearer

RJ?

I can't stand when silly queens who read movie magazines use familiar names for celebrities only their friends usds, as if they knew them personally.

by Anonymousreply 114January 5, 2017 12:20 AM

used

by Anonymousreply 115January 5, 2017 12:21 AM

Lee's wikipedia also fails to mention the Rock connection. It makes it seem as if he just got into showbiz on his own.

by Anonymousreply 116January 5, 2017 12:27 AM

[R114] - Duly noted.....shitface.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 117January 5, 2017 12:31 AM

R133 look how happy she looks like a young girl living her fairytale... Lee looks so ducking bored farrah could've done better she was truly stunning

by Anonymousreply 118January 5, 2017 12:36 AM

R112 So much for those BOZ RADLEIGH books. I learned something today. Thank You !!

by Anonymousreply 119January 5, 2017 12:37 AM

I never really liked Big Valley, but would sometimes watch the reruns back in the day when there were only a handful of channels. Never knew there was a younger brother who disappeared! Poor guy--he was drafted but was never deployed to Vietnam, and it killed his acting career.

Anyway, I never thought Lee Majors was that hot or interesting. Rock, on the other hand--damn, he was hot.

by Anonymousreply 120January 5, 2017 12:56 AM

Was Lee a good cocksucker?

by Anonymousreply 121January 5, 2017 12:59 AM

I wonder if Lee ever drilled down into bedROCK?

by Anonymousreply 122January 5, 2017 1:01 AM

R122 You mean if Lee finally hit Rock bottom....

by Anonymousreply 123January 5, 2017 1:04 AM

Speaking of popular actors who "discovered" young hunks....

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 124January 5, 2017 1:05 AM

R124 That's supposed to be Robert Urich on the right? Really?

by Anonymousreply 125January 5, 2017 1:07 AM

R109 Rock Hudson was about the only one who didn't shun Henry Willson. Long after Rock had moved on to another talent manager and when Henry's career was on the decline, Rock gave Henry a producing credit on one of his films as a "thank you." When Henry was ill and dying, Rock was one of a very short list of visitors to his bedside.

by Anonymousreply 126January 5, 2017 1:27 AM

I think Lee had a thing for the Bionic Boy - Vinnie Van Patten and Peter Barton was a guest star on Fall Guy who Lee had tied up in his hotel room.

by Anonymousreply 127January 5, 2017 9:24 AM

What was Rock Hudson really like? We know he was gay (obviously), but what was his personality/character like?

Is it possible he pressured Lee into their "friendship" (which was mainly a sexual relationship) and Lee resented him later on and got away as soon as he was successful (like many female actresses eventually do with the men they had to sleep with on their way to the top)?

Or was Majors just a jerk? I've always liked Hudson and heard that he was always considered professional on film sets etc., Wondering if this story reveals a "darker side" to Rock (like he was frequently trying to blackmail--generally unwilling--college dudes into relationships with him) or if this really was a mutual thing where he was helping his young, ambitious boyfriend....

by Anonymousreply 128January 5, 2017 11:02 AM

Some random comments -

There was no one more beautiful than Farrah. God, she was gorgeous - that hair and that smile.

Lee's wife Faith Cross is 41. He's 76. They've been married for 14 years. Why would a gay man marry a beautiful, very young wife at his age? By the way, Lee has had 4 wives which would seem like a lot of hassle for a gay man.

Apparently Lee was offered the role of Joe Buck in Midnight Cowboy but had to turn it down due to scheduling conflicts with The Big Valley.

by Anonymousreply 129January 5, 2017 11:03 AM

[quote]Why would a gay man marry a beautiful, very young wife at his age?

When that gay man is closeted and keeping up appearances. Each of Lee's wives, minus the first one, whom he married when he was young and not yet famous, were beautiful and progressively younger. 2nd wife Farrah was a model/actress, whom he divorced once her career took off and wouldn't commit to being a housewife. The third wife was a Playboy playmate. 4th wife is a pretty blond actress who is 12 years younger than Lee's eldest child. These wives were/are his trophies.

by Anonymousreply 130January 5, 2017 11:21 AM

Rock didn't blackmail guys into having sex with him

by Anonymousreply 131January 5, 2017 12:39 PM

I can't imagine Rock was ever in the position to blackmail anyone. Quite the contrary.

by Anonymousreply 132January 5, 2017 12:59 PM

r129 "There was no one more beautiful than Farrah. God, she was gorgeous - that hair and that smile."

She partially correct: she was all hair and teeth.

by Anonymousreply 133January 5, 2017 1:04 PM

r133 ^^^^^You're^^^^^^

by Anonymousreply 134January 5, 2017 1:04 PM

R127 Whatever happened to Peter Barton?

by Anonymousreply 135January 5, 2017 1:18 PM

Lisa Rinna USED Peter Barton when he was a soap star to get her career started. When she starred on Days, she dumped him. Always for someone bigger and better. Just like her lips.

by Anonymousreply 136January 5, 2017 1:23 PM

LOL

by Anonymousreply 137January 5, 2017 1:25 PM

Well, Well, Welvis!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 138January 5, 2017 3:45 PM

Lee had a lot of gay guests on SMDM - earl holliman, frank Gifford and more.

by Anonymousreply 139January 5, 2017 6:05 PM

Lee looked great from the back

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 140January 5, 2017 6:14 PM

bump

by Anonymousreply 141January 5, 2017 11:46 PM

Earl Holliman, definitely...but Frank Gifford?

by Anonymousreply 142January 6, 2017 1:13 AM

Young Frank was delicious.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 143January 6, 2017 3:08 AM

R143 Then Kathie Lee happened to him.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 144January 6, 2017 3:09 AM

^I wouldn't say she's the best influence!

by Anonymousreply 145January 6, 2017 12:18 PM

The beautiful shadow under young Frank's jaw line is created by the key light that Dietrich and Crawford had written into every contract.

by Anonymousreply 146January 6, 2017 1:03 PM

The photo at R138 leads me to assume that Elvis got to fuck Lee at some point (Elvis himself was bi, which became apparent thanks to the crew of men with which he surrounded himself, especially his long-time love, Nick Adams). I wonder if Elvis and Rock had a fling. Now that's a hot mental image.

by Anonymousreply 147January 6, 2017 3:15 PM

I recommend The Thin Thirty. Very juicy read.

by Anonymousreply 148January 7, 2017 2:39 AM

[quote]Peter Barton was a guest star on Fall Guy who Lee had tied up in his hotel room.

Peter Barton was one hot little piece of twink ass, you can't blame Lee for wanting to tie him up in a hotel room.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 149January 7, 2017 11:51 PM

Peter Barton looked like a woman.

by Anonymousreply 150January 8, 2017 12:51 AM

There is no proof Elvis was bi

by Anonymousreply 151January 8, 2017 1:38 AM

Peter Breck was so big and strong. And that deep voice! And that foot long hot dog!

by Anonymousreply 152December 10, 2017 7:35 PM

Any idea why Lee Majors never made it as a movie star in the sixties? What was Rock Hudson's last big movie role?

Do anyone remember a poster who said that Rock Hudson allegedly picked him up one day and took him back to his home for sex? Rock was still in his prime...the mid siixties. He said Rock was a gentleman and very sexy.

Most importantly, he said Rock had a thick uncut 7 1/2 penis, a lean, strong, athletic, swimmer's build, and dark pubes. Unfortunately, he didn't say who topped who :(

by Anonymousreply 153October 7, 2018 12:19 PM

R,153: Does

by Anonymousreply 154October 7, 2018 12:22 PM

[quote] Most importantly, he said Rock had a thick uncut 7 1/2 penis, a lean, strong, athletic, swimmer's build, and dark pubes. Unfortunately, he didn't say who topped who :(

Either that poster was bad at estimating size or he's full of shit. If Armistead Maupin is to be believed Rock was in the double digit category.

by Anonymousreply 155October 7, 2018 12:41 PM

(R155) Definitely not double-digit but borderline. When Rock and I had sex (he topped me), I estimated he was shoving about 9 inches inside of me. Very thick for sure but about 9 or a bit over. A most memorable fuck for sure.

by Anonymousreply 156October 7, 2018 12:54 PM

Mmmm,mm,...

by Anonymousreply 157October 7, 2018 1:13 PM

R153 Rock always bottomed.

by Anonymousreply 158October 7, 2018 1:15 PM

I never thought Rock Hudson was sexy. Nice looking, handsome for sure, but not sexy.

by Anonymousreply 159October 7, 2018 2:01 PM

(R153) Not always. He loved having his ass played with and being rimmed but he fucked me and seemed to enjoy it. Cannot speak for other situations he was in, only mine.

by Anonymousreply 160October 7, 2018 2:19 PM

[R15] Rock whisked Lee off to Hollywood--wife and all, where she divorced him soon afterward. I guess she couldn't handle the smell of Rock's spunk in Lee's mouth. And the rest is history.

—Anonymous

. . . Spunk? Ahhh, don't get me started.

by Anonymousreply 161October 7, 2018 2:50 PM

Miss Barbara Stanwyck encouraged Lee to take acting lessons. This pissed Lee off and they didn't get on well. Farrah apparently wasn't that keen to marry Lee but was pressured into it bybher parents and probably her management .

by Anonymousreply 162October 7, 2018 2:52 PM

I am NOT a whore

by Anonymousreply 163October 7, 2018 3:07 PM

Rock Hudson was still foxy in McMillan & Wife. I loved catching the rare revealing glimpses of him, either out of his shower, reday to dress, or in his PJs. I was still young, but was fascinated by him. The lucky ones here who got some time in with him are a joy to read about.

by Anonymousreply 164October 7, 2018 3:08 PM

Seriously, r164? During McMillan & Wife? You thought he was still foxy during that time?

by Anonymousreply 165October 7, 2018 3:18 PM

Yes R165.

by Anonymousreply 166October 7, 2018 3:25 PM

Hudson was handsome until the facial wasting started. It's unfair to call him ugly after that, considering the man was dying.

by Anonymousreply 167October 7, 2018 3:27 PM

He certainly looked healthy during McMillan & Wife. I've watched the re-runs as an older adult now, and I still fancy him.

by Anonymousreply 168October 7, 2018 3:38 PM

As someone who was fortunate enough to sleep with him, he was still sexy in the 70's and much of that sex appeal came from the way he treated someone he slept with. He made you feel that you were the center of his world. Even more importantly, he stayed in touch. At birthdays, Christmas, etc. there was always a card with a handwritten message. He had his demons and much of that was due to his having to project an image and from sometimes drinking too much, but his loyalty to friends and his unstinting devotion to helping someone he cared about, was second to none.

by Anonymousreply 169October 7, 2018 3:46 PM

Sweet R169.

by Anonymousreply 170October 7, 2018 3:53 PM

"Both Sides of the Rainbow" is still around, though you'll pay a hefty price for it. In the book, Brik (Lee Majors) is married to Kendall (Farrah Fawcett) and keeping Tony (Author/Kept Boy) on the side. Farrah and Tony knew about each other and even met. "Tony" must have signed an NDA because the publishers claim the manuscript just kind of arrived by mail one day. Tony is/was a real person and lived in the same building as my BF before he and Lee bought a mansion in Beverly Hills. Apparently Lee was faithful to Tony and bought him anything he wanted until Tony started blabbing and the tabloids started sniffing around. There's a scene at the end where Tony sends the luxury cars Lee bought him barreling down the driveway and crashing into the gates below. Exit stage left.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 171October 7, 2018 4:23 PM

Majors wasn't much of an actor--Stanwyck was right about the acting lessons. He worked better as an action figure, which was his role on the $6 man and The Fall Guy. A lot of people distanced themselves from Hudson at the end--in some ways it's not surprising Majors was one of them.

Charles Briles died in 2016. He had a career making industrial filsm for defense contractors. Steady work but creating drama out of topics like "the wonder of rayon" probably wasn't that rewarding.

by Anonymousreply 172October 7, 2018 6:58 PM

I'm not clear what Lee really owed him. You don't owe an ex anything.

by Anonymousreply 173October 7, 2018 7:01 PM

Was Lee the top?

by Anonymousreply 174October 7, 2018 7:16 PM

I bought the book on Amazon a few years ago after it was mentioned here in a thread. Sure didn't pay that much for it. I wonder if guys like Lee would be out if society was ok with it. He definitely wanted peen but he wanted tgthat at little beautiful wife at home. To have dinner ready when he got home. Very controlling, but I wonder if he was really trying to control his image, including to himself, as the alpha masculine male. There are rumors she was bi too, but I don't remember if it was in the book. But Lee struck me as someone who didn't expect his wife to be unfaithful while he could.

by Anonymousreply 175October 8, 2018 8:34 PM

Sorry, meant to say Lee could be unfaithful, Farrah couldn't.

by Anonymousreply 176October 8, 2018 8:37 PM

Lee was also a sexist who had it written into Farrah's contract, that she would leave the Charlie's Angel set in time to get home and cook him dinner. They couldn't have had a cook to do that? Not very bright or able to act at all, but decades of obscurity have put him in his place, whatever the case.

by Anonymousreply 177October 8, 2018 8:55 PM

R177. How is that sexist. Bitches should have food on the dinner table when a man comes home from work.

by Anonymousreply 178October 9, 2018 2:38 AM

r178, please tell me you are trying to be ironic

by Anonymousreply 179October 9, 2018 3:11 AM

R178 is far too busy beating "the wife" to respond to you at this time R179.

by Anonymousreply 180October 9, 2018 6:13 AM

At 76, he looks pretty good here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 181October 9, 2018 6:28 AM

^ That nose, though.

by Anonymousreply 182October 9, 2018 6:57 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!