Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

The Last American Virgin

This was a remake of an Israeli film "Lemon Popsicle," and one of the few 80s teenage sex comedies that ended on a downbeat note.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 126July 6, 2020 4:58 PM

He paid for her abortion and got her a necklace and then she went back to the other guy.

by Anonymousreply 1December 14, 2016 4:51 AM

Steve Antin made me realize I liked dudes.

by Anonymousreply 2December 14, 2016 4:51 AM

Some of the Israeli references didn't translate, like when he brought her oranges while visiting her in the hospital after the abortion.

by Anonymousreply 3December 14, 2016 4:58 AM

Do you mean me?

by Anonymousreply 4December 14, 2016 4:59 AM

Actually, OP, The Last American Virgin came at a time when teen flicks with downbeat endings were trendy.

This was the same cinematic climate that created Fast Times At Ridgemont High and The Outsiders, both very popular teen flicks.

by Anonymousreply 5December 14, 2016 5:04 AM

Let's not forget that Last American Virgin shared with us the mantastic man candy of Steve Antin, the now openly gay actor and Burlesque director who rivaled William Zabka for the title of "Stifler of the '80s."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6December 14, 2016 5:08 AM

Excellent film.

by Anonymousreply 7December 14, 2016 5:09 AM

Even Revenge of the Nerds had a poignant ending. But Op is right that most 80s teen sex comedies didn't go for downbeat endings.

by Anonymousreply 8December 14, 2016 5:09 AM

Best movie ever

by Anonymousreply 9August 13, 2019 4:24 AM

For a teen sex comedy it was well done. Like Valley Girl.

by Anonymousreply 10August 13, 2019 5:03 AM

The ending was a punch in the gut.

by Anonymousreply 11August 13, 2019 6:52 AM

16 Candles should have had a downbeat, ie, realistic ending.

by Anonymousreply 12August 13, 2019 7:20 AM

r12 I never bought that Jake would be into her like that

by Anonymousreply 13August 13, 2019 7:45 AM

R13, me neither. I thought it was mean to give quirky girls hope that they could land a hot guy like Jake.

And, anyway, Jake was a senior and heading off to college. Samantha had two more years of high school. How was that going to work?

by Anonymousreply 14August 13, 2019 7:53 AM

Simpletons in a focus group could not handle a realistic ending in 16 Candles.

by Anonymousreply 15August 13, 2019 8:06 AM

We almost rented a house from Louisa San Moritz, the star of that movie. Later we 'enjoyed' a massive scorching hot sizemeat who told us that he had boned Louisa recently and that he "pittied men who are less endowed than me". Apparently Louisa is a sizemologist.

by Anonymousreply 16August 13, 2019 8:59 AM

The ending of that film was REALITY! That’s what made it so painful and real.

I remember watching this movie when I was 12 (on SelecTV!). I wanted to BE Steve Antin’s character and was also very turned on by him. Didn’t know back then that I was gay and I was THRILLED to discover decades later that Antin (the actor) was too.

by Anonymousreply 17August 13, 2019 9:05 AM

I was a child when I saw this and remember finding the ending devastating, I rooted for the underdog and was so sensitive. The song Just Once is amazing and was perfect in that final scene.

by Anonymousreply 18August 13, 2019 10:35 AM

Yes, we know R17. I bet you read each post praying that nobody posted it so that you could.

by Anonymousreply 19August 13, 2019 10:50 AM

I read somewhere that Lawrence Monoson and Steve Antin (both of whom are gay) hooked up during this movie.

by Anonymousreply 20August 13, 2019 10:56 AM

[quote]Steve Antin made me realize I liked dudes.

So does he.

by Anonymousreply 21August 13, 2019 10:56 AM

As a teen, this movie stood out to me due to Steve Antin's hotness and the unconventional ending. I also thought the female lead should've been a bigger star. The only other 80s movie I remember her in was a dumb John Cusack film.

by Anonymousreply 22August 13, 2019 11:00 AM

[Quote] For a teen sex comedy it was well done. Like Valley Girl.

God Tommy was so ugly. And Nic Cage wasn't much better.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 23August 13, 2019 11:09 AM

Locker room scene

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 24August 13, 2019 12:05 PM

OP's poster pic looks like Grease meets a gay pride parade.

by Anonymousreply 25August 13, 2019 12:12 PM

[quote]Mrs. Patrick Campbell /Erna

Diseased pedo Nazi child rapist #metoo cunt fuck

by Anonymousreply 26August 13, 2019 12:14 PM

Did Lawrence Monoson or Steve Antin ever do a frontal scene?

by Anonymousreply 27August 13, 2019 3:05 PM

Louisa Moritz was one of the first women to accuse Bill Cosby of sexually assaulting her in the green room at the Tonight Show. She died in January 2019 after being injured in a fall.

by Anonymousreply 28August 13, 2019 3:25 PM

That locker room scene was fap material. I so wanted to be the guy with the ruler.

by Anonymousreply 29August 13, 2019 3:30 PM

I had no idea Louisa Moritz had died. Hope the lawsuit against Cosby continues without her.

by Anonymousreply 30August 13, 2019 3:31 PM

The original Israeli film had seven sequels.

by Anonymousreply 31August 13, 2019 3:55 PM

Laurence Monoson is also gay, and hotter now than he was in the movie.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 32August 13, 2019 5:51 PM

R32 pic is the actor who is driving solo at the end??

Nice glow up!

by Anonymousreply 33August 13, 2019 6:02 PM

R27, no. They showed ass again. Monoson in Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter and Antin in The Accused

by Anonymousreply 34August 14, 2019 3:13 AM

Monoson aged really well. His cute little ass in Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter was good jerking material for me as a youngster.

This movie devastated me when I first saw it. I was so used to movies like Sixteen Candles that were uplifting. This one was like a hard punch in the face.

The leading lady, Diane Franklin, was great. She's made a semi-comeback recently with some low budget movies.

by Anonymousreply 35August 14, 2019 3:28 AM

I thought the very end of Call Me By Your Name was a tribute to Last American Virgin. Ending with a closeup of the main character's tear stained face while the credits roll. I think there is no question that it was an intentional reference.

by Anonymousreply 36August 14, 2019 3:41 AM

😭😢😥😪

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 37August 14, 2019 4:13 AM

Now, that's an ending!

by Anonymousreply 38August 14, 2019 4:23 AM

What a fucking slut!

by Anonymousreply 39August 14, 2019 4:27 AM

I love this movie. The soundtrack is fantastic.

I really miss sex comedies. I loved that this film and its title made you think it would be a fun sex comedy but the ending really punches you in the gut. But in a way, it shouldn't have been a surprise. Franklin's character never really liked Monoson's in the same way.

by Anonymousreply 40August 14, 2019 4:29 AM

Boy should have kicked that slut to the side and sucked that guy cross-eyed.

by Anonymousreply 41August 14, 2019 4:33 AM

No wonder both the boys were gay.

by Anonymousreply 42August 14, 2019 4:37 AM

Agree that this movie is so good. It also made me fear sex as a child, even though Steve Anton was so hot.

by Anonymousreply 43August 14, 2019 5:15 AM

Lawrence Monoson had some really good work done on his face to help him look better now than he looked back then.

He talked about it in an interview, but I can no longer find it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44August 14, 2019 5:57 AM

I always thought Monoson was cute. But he still looks good and fuckable.

by Anonymousreply 45August 14, 2019 6:16 AM

Steve Antin was hot as ballz. He was an early boyfriend of David Geffen. He did a movie called Inside Monkey Zetterland which was about his wacky family. His brother in the movie is a hairdresser, and in real life his brother is one as well, and did that reality show on A&E- Blown Out or something like that with Jonathan Antin.

It's interesting in the movie, Steve's character is straight. The ending hints at his homosexuality. Sandra Bernhardt is in it, and he's in her one woman show movie Without You I'm Nothing.

"My little Monkey, swingin' from a tree..."

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 46August 14, 2019 7:09 AM

Wacky family indeed. He transitioned into an openly gay queen and his hair dresser queen of a brother Jonathan is still “straight.” And their sister got famous for her association with the Pussy Cat Dolls.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47August 14, 2019 7:47 AM

r37 link show why fish are truly vile and deserve every karmic revenge thing that happens to them!

by Anonymousreply 48August 14, 2019 8:10 AM

No one famous was in it.

by Anonymousreply 49August 14, 2019 10:10 AM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 50August 14, 2019 10:47 AM

I rented the original version from Isreal back in the VHS days. I can't remember which was better. I also saw several of the sequels.

by Anonymousreply 51August 14, 2019 11:37 AM

[quote]I also thought the female lead should've been a bigger star. The only other 80s movie I remember her in was a dumb John Cusack film.

She was also in "Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure " , "Amityville II: The Possession" the first sequel and she's from Long Island and grew up not too far from the house and a really funny horror-comedy "TerrorVision".

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 52August 14, 2019 12:03 PM

Was a theater manager and played this for three weeks and you could hear an audible reaction to the ending.

by Anonymousreply 53August 14, 2019 12:08 PM

Steve Antin had some of the worst plastic surgery ever.

by Anonymousreply 54August 14, 2019 12:13 PM

It had Charlene's flop song on it.

by Anonymousreply 55August 14, 2019 1:12 PM

55 replies and no post to the locker room scene? You're slipping, Dlers. I remember just slow playing and pausing the fuck out of this scene as a gayling. The asses are just so beautiful to behold.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 56August 14, 2019 1:30 PM

R56, did you not see R24?

by Anonymousreply 57August 14, 2019 1:50 PM

R57: Nope. R24 is blocked.

by Anonymousreply 58August 14, 2019 2:36 PM

I loved when this movie would come on Cinemax in the 80s when I was a kid.

Some highlights:

The wonderful locker room scene, which several posters have already mentioned.

Monoson trying to fuck the prostitute (or to use a 2019 term, "sex worker") and putting his dick in her ass and being told to move up one hole.

All three guys getting crabs from the prostitute. They believe they can get rid of them by soaking in the chlorinated public swimming pool.

Giving "cocaine" (Sweet 'N Low) to the three girls. "This is some really good coke!!'

About a decade ago, I wanted to watch the movie again, but it hadn't yet been released on DVD. I remember looking on eBay and VHS copies were going for $100!

by Anonymousreply 59August 14, 2019 3:13 PM

four or five years ago at the CHILLER autograph show they had a reunion and everyone showed up including Louisa except for Antin. He's a big time movie director now so he probably didn't want to mingle with the unwashed masses. Everyone was cool and fun.

by Anonymousreply 60August 14, 2019 4:34 PM

[quote] He's a big time movie director now so he probably didn't want to mingle with the unwashed masses. Everyone was cool and fun.

Because he directed 1 awful movie (Burlesque) a decade ago.

by Anonymousreply 61August 14, 2019 5:22 PM

[quote]He's a big time movie director now so he probably didn't want to mingle with the unwashed masses.

BWAHAHAHAHA!! Hi, Steve!

by Anonymousreply 62August 14, 2019 5:27 PM

I thought the original Israeli actor who played Antin's character was hotter, especially in the sequels. Worth checking out.

by Anonymousreply 63August 14, 2019 5:37 PM

I love teen sex comedies as well. They were already tame by the late nineties, but now PC culture and the metoo era effectively killed it for good. People forget that all comedies deal with stereotypes and movies like these were equal opportunity offenders.

by Anonymousreply 64August 14, 2019 5:42 PM

I remember watching this endlessly as a little gayling and not understanding why the girl wouldn't fall head over heels in love with Gary. He was so sweet and thoughtful and kind, and I thought he was adorable. Antin's character was an asshole. It wasn't until I got a little older that I realized girls (and gay boys) would rather date someone who treats them like shit.

I had a mad crush on Monoson for years. The only other thing he did of note that hasn't been mentioned was a supporting role in the wonderful 1987 film Gaby: A True Story.

About a decade or so ago, the New Beverly in LA had a screening of TLAV and Monoson, Kimmy Robertson, and a few others showed up to do a Q&A afterwards. Monoson looked hot as hell and I was totally plotting how to hit on him afterwards, but he was such an asshole during the Q&A that I was turned off. Still love the movie.

Diane Franklin came to a screening of Amityville II a couple years ago at the New Beverly. She was a lot of fun during the Q&A (which was before the movie), but then she and her friend sat behind us during the screening and talked the entire time, and after her character died, they very noisily got up and left.

by Anonymousreply 65August 14, 2019 5:56 PM

R65 Love to read stories like these

by Anonymousreply 66August 14, 2019 6:01 PM

Can anyone find a clip of the prostitute scene? I know it shows ass. Also what about the super frau in the cocaine scene! So Steve Antin is gay. The bully in the Brady Bunch movie is gay. Is Biff from back to the future gay? Any other gay actors play bullies in 80 and 90 films?

by Anonymousreply 67August 14, 2019 6:19 PM

Monoson really did age well. What is now? Late 50's? He looks fantastic. Cute sometimes ages better than hot.

by Anonymousreply 68August 14, 2019 6:34 PM

R67: Screenshot

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 69August 14, 2019 6:36 PM

I always loved those blue briefs and the handkerchief he keeps on his neck in this scene. So cute.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70August 14, 2019 6:38 PM

Lawrence Monoson also had a big role in Mask.

by Anonymousreply 71August 14, 2019 6:44 PM

Young Steve Antin looks like young Jan-Michael Vincent.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72August 14, 2019 7:15 PM

I don't know if Jonathan Segal from Lemon Popsicle is gay in real life but he played the gay lead in an important Israeli film called Drifting. I always thought he was adorable.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73August 14, 2019 7:44 PM

R56 Amusing "Rick is here" line when Antin steps up and drops his pants. I keep expecting to hear that the director molested them in that scene or something. Maybe Brian Peck was off stuffing his allegedly huge cock into Antin's pale ass after the scene was over.

by Anonymousreply 74August 14, 2019 9:37 PM

Monsoon’s death scene in Friday the 13th: The Final Chapter...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75August 14, 2019 9:39 PM

r73, Wiki says he dated Amos Guttman, the director of Drifting, but there's no source.

by Anonymousreply 76August 14, 2019 10:38 PM

Surprised to learn Louisa died just this past January. Not every actress can claim a featured role in an Academy Award winning Best Picture.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 77August 14, 2019 10:46 PM

I think this movie played on HBO in the early 1980s and I watched it several times when I was in college. It reminded me of Porky's and Fast Times at Ridgemont High. The locker room scene was thrilling to watch because I would have loved to have measured the boners of some of my high school classmates -- and the whole idea of high school boys agreeing to do this is super gay and highly implausible.

by Anonymousreply 78August 14, 2019 11:19 PM

Thanks for those stories r65. What did Monoson do during the Q&A to be such an asshole? Very curious. Disappointed to hear he acted that way.

Interesting about Franklin. Maybe she hates Amityville 2?

I thought Steve Antin was so hot. I'm ashamed to admit I used to rewind the rape scene in The Accused so I could get a glimpse of his ass. I know, horrible. But he was gorgeous. Why he got that hideous plastic surgery is a mystery.

by Anonymousreply 79August 14, 2019 11:43 PM

I used to love the femme way he screamed "Andy! You GOOONNIEEEE!!!!"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80August 14, 2019 11:47 PM

I bet Steve lusted after Josh Brolin on the Goonies set.

by Anonymousreply 81August 15, 2019 12:36 AM

Probably.

by Anonymousreply 82August 15, 2019 1:51 AM

The first guy I dated after coming out reminded me so much of Steve Antin. Same body, lips and cool confidence. I’m sure it’s why I stayed with him even though we had very little in common. But damn did he satisfy my teen Antin lust!

by Anonymousreply 83August 15, 2019 2:20 AM

[quote] Thanks for those stories [R65]. What did Monoson do during the Q&A to be such an asshole? Very curious. Disappointed to hear he acted that way.

Ooh, you're getting me at a disadvantage because it was such a long time ago. I looked it up to see who else was there and saw the screening was actually in 2007. (Franklin's Q&A was not even two years ago, so I remember that much better.)

I can't remember specific things he said, but he had a ridiculing attitude towards the moderator who was interviewing them, and the same sort of attitude towards audience members who would ask him questions. My feeling was- you're a guest at a screening where people have come to basically show you how much they like you or support you. Even if you get asked the dumbest fucking questions in the world, you smile, you act graciously and you answer them to the best of your ability.

I'm actually a filmmaker (I'm not famous) and I have done countless Q&As after screenings of my work all over the world, and you know- after hearing yourself recite the same stale answers to the same questions, it can get a bit monotonous, but I am always appreciative that anyone comes out to see my work, especially in this day and age when specialty cinema attendance is dwindling, and I'm even more so if they stay to listen to what I have to say. And I will stick around and answer questions and sign stuff until the last person is gone (or they kick me out!) And I would never make someone feel like their question was stupid or beneath me. And that's what Monoson did to both the moderator and the audience and it left a really bad taste in my mouth.

[quote] Interesting about Franklin. Maybe she hates Amityville 2?

Oh no, I think if she hated it she wouldn't have bothered to come do the Q&A for it. She was actually quite charming during the Q&A, she just had terrible theater etiquette. : ) What made me laugh was if she wasn't a guest of the theater, she'd have been kicked out because the New Beverly has a zero tolerance policy for people who talk loudly and/or use their phones during a movie.

by Anonymousreply 84August 15, 2019 2:43 AM

[quote]Interesting about Franklin. Maybe she hates Amityville 2?

Met her. I'm from Long Island too and we talked about it and how cool it was that she grows up and stars in a movie that takes place so close to home. I have The DVD signed by her.

by Anonymousreply 85August 15, 2019 3:08 AM

Forgot to add that the moderator was film director Eli Roth.

by Anonymousreply 86August 15, 2019 3:15 AM

That Rick deserved a good hard paddling for his womanizing ways. Get it good and red and let him have a good cry in Daddy's arms.

by Anonymousreply 87August 15, 2019 3:21 AM

Thanks r84. This is why I love DL (and also miss IMDB). I get what you're saying about Monoson. Disappointed to hear he behaved that way. He should be grateful for the appreciation fans have for that movie and him. I went to a Q&A for Black Christmas a few years ago and the cast was really appreciative of the film, the fans, the director (who had passed away) and the moderator.

Franklin sounds cool but I would be pissed with her etiquette and would probably tell her off since I don't tolerate people talking during movies LOL

by Anonymousreply 88August 15, 2019 5:03 AM

[quote] I went to a Q&A for Black Christmas a few years ago and the cast was really appreciative of the film, the fans, the director (who had passed away) and the moderator.

Are you in LA? I've been to a handful of Black Christmas screenings with cast and crew in LA, both before and after Bob Clark's passing. Just curious if we might have been at the same one. Not that they wouldn't do them in other cities, of course.

[quote] Franklin sounds cool but I would be pissed with her etiquette and would probably tell her off since I don't tolerate people talking during movies LOL

I don't either. We turned around and looked at her a few times, but I think she thought we were fan gawking.

It's funny, when I was looking up the year of the LAV screening, I saw that the New Beverly did another one three years later, but at midnight, and Monoson actually came back to participate. I couldn't tell who the other two people were, and I did not know the moderator, and unfortunately, the video was only 37 seconds long. So maybe he was just in a bad mood the night I saw him, or maybe he needed a little Sally Field/Paramus and decided to bite his tongue and go back.

by Anonymousreply 89August 15, 2019 5:30 AM

I live in Toronto r89. It was at the Bloor Cinema (now Hot Docs Cinema). Art Hindle was there.

by Anonymousreply 90August 15, 2019 5:42 AM

Nice. Art has come to a couple in LA. So has Olivia Hussey and the composer and I think also the DP. The New Beverly shows it every year in December in a double feature and it always sells out. I used to go every year but they tend to now play it with Silent Night, Deadly Night, and you really can't sit through that too many times.

by Anonymousreply 91August 15, 2019 7:02 AM

Impressive, subtle acting with no dialogue by Diane Franklin, Steve Antin and Lawrence Monoson in the final scene.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92August 15, 2019 7:21 AM

^Did you miss R37?

by Anonymousreply 93August 15, 2019 7:25 AM

[quote] I think this movie played on HBO in the early 1980s and I watched it several times when I was in college.

Yes, this movie was played a lot on HBO during HBO's early days. Other movies that played (a lot) on HBO during early days: "Weird Science," "Coal Miner's Daughter."

by Anonymousreply 94August 15, 2019 7:36 AM

Can anyone do the math and figure out how old Antin was when filming TLAV?

by Anonymousreply 95August 15, 2019 7:39 AM

1982-1958=24 when it came out.

by Anonymousreply 96August 15, 2019 7:53 AM

1982 was a very $pecial year for us in so many ways.... and it had the happiest ending.

On Christmas Eve, at the famous 8709 baths, we met our second husband, a gorgeous blond, horse-hung fishfucker!

by Anonymousreply 97August 15, 2019 9:57 AM

[quote]I thought the very end of Call Me By Your Name was a tribute to Last American Virgin. Ending with a closeup of the main character's tear stained face while the credits roll. I think there is no question that it was an intentional reference.

You're very generous. I thought it was just a rip-off of the scene. I hope Luca Guadagnino intended it as homage but if so, he could have mentioned Last American Virgin when people were heaping praise on him for the genius and 'originality' of that scene.

Lawrence Monoson was also in And The Band Played On. And Steve Antin, of course, has long been rumored to be the sperm donor for Jodie Foster's kids.

by Anonymousreply 98August 15, 2019 10:12 AM

R91 I attended one of these shortly before Clark's tragic passing the same year the remake came out. John Saxon and Olivia Hussey were also there. It wasn't Silent Night, Deadly Night that played but Silent Night, Bloody Night which no one gave a damn about. I was initially disappointed that Mary Woronov didn't show up for a Q&A but after seeing that film, totally understood why she was a no show.

by Anonymousreply 99August 15, 2019 1:51 PM

R98- Really? I’d never heard that.

If they weren’t both so ridiculously red-headed, I’d be more inclined to believe it.

They look like Louis CK spawn!

by Anonymousreply 100August 15, 2019 5:22 PM

[quote] [R91] I attended one of these shortly before Clark's tragic passing the same year the remake came out. John Saxon and Olivia Hussey were also there. It wasn't Silent Night, Deadly Night that played but Silent Night, Bloody Night which no one gave a damn about. I was initially disappointed that Mary Woronov didn't show up for a Q&A but after seeing that film, totally understood why she was a no show.

Oh god, yes. That movie is unwatchable. Back when the American Cinematheque at the Egyptian Theater in Hollywood used to have good programmers and an actual subscriber base, they would have all manner of guests for their films. They showed Hollywood Boulevard and brought Mary Woronov, who was a pisser. She talked all about her career, tore her ex-husband (and director of SN BN) a new one, then practically dared anyone in the audience to take her to Musso & Frank's for a steak and martini.

by Anonymousreply 101August 15, 2019 5:41 PM

R93 No

by Anonymousreply 102August 15, 2019 5:49 PM

So the 2 lead guys are both gays? Did they ever hooked up during the filming ?

by Anonymousreply 103August 15, 2019 5:53 PM

[quote]Did they ever hooked up during the filming ?

Oh fuck.

by Anonymousreply 104August 15, 2019 7:19 PM

r94 They also had Conan the Barbarian and The Beastmaster on all the time too which caused comedian Dennis Miller to say HBO stands for "Hey Beastmaster's On."

by Anonymousreply 105August 15, 2019 7:43 PM

I had no inkling of the israeli connection. Thx DL will look for that version. That last scene was HARSH.

by Anonymousreply 106August 15, 2019 8:01 PM

"Just One of the Guys" also played a lot on HBO in the late '80s/early '90s.

by Anonymousreply 107August 15, 2019 8:04 PM

Steve Antin was way out of Lawrence's league back then so I doubt it. My have the tables turned.

by Anonymousreply 108August 16, 2019 1:07 AM

[quote][R93] No

Well then why on God’s green earth did you post it again?

by Anonymousreply 109August 16, 2019 1:08 AM

R109 it was a photo, not a video you tool

by Anonymousreply 110August 16, 2019 1:10 AM

R108 you doubt what?

by Anonymousreply 111August 16, 2019 1:23 AM

[quote][R109] it was a photo, not a video you tool

So? All you needed to do was reference the previous post—which actually DISPLAYED the subtle acting you were carrying on about—not post a still of the scene in some vain effort to be cute. In short, you suck.

by Anonymousreply 112August 16, 2019 1:31 AM

R112 OMG STFU

by Anonymousreply 113August 16, 2019 1:34 AM

Let's not forget the big takeaways of this thread, that it would have been nice to fuck Steve Antin back then, and that attractive people win in life.

by Anonymousreply 114August 16, 2019 1:51 AM

[quote]I remember watching this endlessly as a little gayling and not understanding why the girl wouldn't fall head over heels in love with Gary. He was so sweet and thoughtful and kind, and I thought he was adorable. Antin's character was an asshole. It wasn't until I got a little older that I realized girls (and gay boys) would rather date someone who treats them like shit. I had a mad crush on Monoson for years. The only other thing he did of note that hasn't been mentioned was a supporting role in the wonderful 1987 film Gaby: A True Story. About a decade or so ago, the New Beverly in LA had a screening of TLAV and Monoson, Kimmy Robertson, and a few others showed up to do a Q&A afterwards. Monoson looked hot as hell and I was totally plotting how to hit on him afterwards, but he was such an asshole during the Q&A that I was turned off. Still love the movie. Diane Franklin came to a screening of Amityville II a couple years ago at the New Beverly. She was a lot of fun during the Q&A (which was before the movie), but then she and her friend sat behind us during the screening and talked the entire time, and after her character died, they very noisily got up and left.

Mmm-hmm. Yeah, sure, whatever. Just found out you’re the tired, pathetic Janet Jackson “Jabba” troll. Put you on ignore and saw (scarily) that besides this thread, your every post has been in Janet threads. Seek help, little gayling.

by Anonymousreply 115August 16, 2019 7:19 AM

R105 it's a shame Dennis Miller is such a tool these days.

by Anonymousreply 116August 16, 2019 7:24 AM

R111, I was replying to R103. It looked like my response was going to post right after his but I guess the thread hadn't loaded all the way

by Anonymousreply 117August 16, 2019 11:58 AM

[quote] So? All you needed to do was reference the previous post—which actually DISPLAYED the subtle acting you were carrying on about—not post a still of the scene in some vain effort to be cute. In short, you suck.

Shut the fuck up, loon.

by Anonymousreply 118August 16, 2019 5:14 PM

R48 that fish picked Antin just like you would have, so shut it.

by Anonymousreply 119August 18, 2019 5:18 PM

R119 Got that right. I'd have kicked him towards the nearest curb to get on with fucking Antin into the nearest mattress.

by Anonymousreply 120August 18, 2019 5:51 PM

I think almost all the principal male cast members were gay.

by Anonymousreply 121February 27, 2020 1:46 AM

This movie is probably the most depressing portrayal of an unrequited crush in the history of cinema.

by Anonymousreply 122July 6, 2020 3:57 AM

That is the day I get the lemon pops!

by Anonymousreply 123July 6, 2020 4:11 AM

I have The Last American Virgin on DVD and have watched it many times. both Antin and Monoson played it pretty butch. I was surprised when I heard Antin was gay years after the movie came out. And this thread was the first time I heard that Monoson was gay. Great movie though.

by Anonymousreply 124July 6, 2020 4:28 AM

Monoson's cosmetic surgery made him look worse and less natural.

Like nearly all cosmetic surgery.

by Anonymousreply 125July 6, 2020 4:36 PM

[quote] both Antin and Monoson played it pretty butch. I was surprised when I heard Antin was gay years after the movie came out.

That’s not homophobic.

At all.

by Anonymousreply 126July 6, 2020 4:58 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!