Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Andy Cohen Trashes Kathy Griffin in His New Book

He reads her for filth. He can't stand her and won't work with her again. This is the reason why she is no longer on Bravo. She is dead to him. I wonder if she can get a gig with HBO.

by Anonymousreply 357March 18, 2019 12:20 AM

Agree with Cohen. Trash.

by Anonymousreply 1November 30, 2016 2:31 AM

What exactly did cohen write?

I don't have the book and live 45 mins from a Barnes and nobles

by Anonymousreply 2November 30, 2016 2:33 AM

Andy knows how to write? With letters and words?

by Anonymousreply 3November 30, 2016 2:36 AM

How come nothing comes up when I google "Andy Cohen Kathy Griffin Cunt"?

by Anonymousreply 4November 30, 2016 2:37 AM

I got this thread, R4.

by Anonymousreply 5November 30, 2016 2:39 AM

He's bigger trash than she is.

by Anonymousreply 6November 30, 2016 2:39 AM

Who gets custody of Anderson?

by Anonymousreply 7November 30, 2016 2:40 AM

Cohen can't write. His books stink and he is too afraid of losing friends so he only trashes has beens like Griffin. Also, if Bravo wanted her, Cohen could not prevent it.

by Anonymousreply 8November 30, 2016 2:46 AM

Andy has skin cancer. Kelly Ripa diagnosed it.

(you can make your own jokes below)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9November 30, 2016 2:46 AM

What did he say?

by Anonymousreply 10November 30, 2016 2:46 AM

What'd he say?

by Anonymousreply 11November 30, 2016 2:48 AM

That's awkward. Especially since Anderson Cooper is BFFs with Andy, and he also does the big NYE telecast with Kathy.

by Anonymousreply 12November 30, 2016 3:04 AM

[quote] won't work with her again. This is the reason why she is no longer on Bravo.

How is that his call either way. Wasn't he pushed out of network management at Bravo?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13November 30, 2016 3:13 AM

Well it's obvious something went down between them. She has been on EVERY show promoting her book, except his, tellingly. Kind of funny that they have books out at the same time--I think Kathy's will be the bigger seller.

Poor Anderson must feel like Mama Glo did during her custody battle.

by Anonymousreply 14November 30, 2016 4:40 AM

the last time Mrs. Kathy was on WWHL it was kind of tense

by Anonymousreply 15November 30, 2016 7:42 AM

Is OP just trying to sell Andy's book?

there are no mentions online of Cohen referencing Griffin.

and the book has received some pretty dreary reviews on amazon. People seem to find it boring.

by Anonymousreply 16November 30, 2016 7:44 AM

Christ, he is just a horrible fucking person. The worst.

by Anonymousreply 17November 30, 2016 12:54 PM

I'm here to bitch. My DVR sill records WWHL. I loved it five years ago. Now it's stale and it seems like only people I would never want to watch are on it, all of them either friends of Cohen or his employees: last night was Kelly Ripa and Anderson Cooper. I know a lot of people love her. She seems even more fake than Cohen to me. Cannot stand her. Cooper is boring as fuck and fake on top of it. I don't get it and it makes me sick that the two Andys think they are an adorable team. Earlier this week was Matthew Broderick, who is relevant because he is friends with Cohen, and narcissists from that sign of the Apocalypse Vanderpump Rules. Jesus fucking Christ I hate those people. The only reason I can fathom that they exist is because Cohen had to conjure some dark energy to out-gross him in this realm. If Cohen hates Kathy Griffin, I'm thinking she might be a decent human being after all. It seems like guys hate Cohen here because he is queeny and kitschy; that's actually all I like about him. I hate that his "I'm shallow!!" act has turned out not to be an act--the dude is pushing 50 and still objectifies 20 year old boys as his personal squeaky toys--and he is an obvious narcissist and user and starfucker. The only difference between him and your average exploitative, using network executive is that he likes the cameras to be turned on him. Maybe my patience just wore out but he seems to have become even more of a lech as the years have gone on. It's time to retire, Andy (and I know you're reading this). Move to Thailand or someplace where you can go as low as you want agewise without being arrested for it...anywhere but here. We're stuck with Trump and Giuliani now. We have enough New York swine hanging around. Fuck off for good.

by Anonymousreply 18December 1, 2016 10:48 AM

Anderson Cooper was on WWHL last night and a caller asked him if he he had more fun being around Andy Cohen or Kathy Griffin? Anderson said that he only sees Kathy once a year, so he doesn't really hang around her that much. It was all very awkward.

This is a recent change. Kathy used to be good friends with him and his mother. She even stayed at his home when she was in NYC. So it looks like Cohen and Cooper have both dropped her.

by Anonymousreply 19December 1, 2016 3:55 PM

Andy has the crossed eyes.

by Anonymousreply 20December 1, 2016 4:02 PM

I can't wait for Kathy to strike back.

by Anonymousreply 21December 1, 2016 4:03 PM

Good, maybe Kathy will read him past filth in her next show. I had to stop watching her show/specials because I honestly had no idea who she was talking about with the housewives, and it isn't funny if you have no frame of reference.

by Anonymousreply 22December 1, 2016 4:08 PM

Andy is pissed off about how Kathy left "Fashion Police" because it hurt his network's brand.

This is why network executives should not be given their own talk shows: they cannot separate out their own personal interests.

by Anonymousreply 23December 1, 2016 4:14 PM

Andy Cohen is an aged party boy--he's well into middle age and still playing the superficial shallow act, and it's worn more than a little thin by now.

"There's nothing tragic about being 50, not unless you try to be 25." --William Holden, Sunset Blvd.

by Anonymousreply 24December 1, 2016 4:19 PM

R23, Fashion Police wasn't even on Bravo. It was on E!

by Anonymousreply 25December 1, 2016 4:32 PM

Oh! Andy is just made that his prostate and colon smell rotten to the core! He doesn't douche / rinse out properly because he gets so gung-ho to bottom! He just hops off the toilet and doesn't even check to make sure that he's cleaned out all the way. That's why his past relationships have failed. Seriously

by Anonymousreply 26December 1, 2016 4:38 PM

Andy is a delusional loser, but how could you hate the BPD-ridden cast of Vanderpump Rules?

by Anonymousreply 27December 1, 2016 4:40 PM

I heard Andy Cohen on a talk show recently and he was an incredible egotistical bore

Rather listen to Kathy any time

by Anonymousreply 28December 1, 2016 4:49 PM

I don't understand who actually reads these books. I can understand one or maybe even two, but doesn't Andy Cohen and Kathy Griffin and Tori Spelling and all of these people have multiple books? What on earth could they have to say?

by Anonymousreply 29December 1, 2016 4:57 PM

I just did a full text search of an electronic copy of the book (let's just say I didn't have to pay for it). His only negative reference to Kathy is: “I couldn’t hold my tongue on the after show when someone called in asking what Anderson thought of Kathy Griffin leaving Fashion Police, which has been the big story this week. He defended her but I said she is the pot calling the kettle black, that she has been body shaming for years and can’t pretend she doesn’t make fun of people.”

by Anonymousreply 30December 1, 2016 5:05 PM

I haven't watched WWHL in months and when I did I was transfixed and grossed out by Miss Cohens ugly thin drooling lips. When Kathy is funny she is really funny. I would read her book before his.

by Anonymousreply 31December 1, 2016 5:08 PM

Andy is 50 years old and has never been in a serious relationship. That's a major warning sign that someone isn't emotionally well-adjusted.

by Anonymousreply 32December 1, 2016 5:38 PM

Don't look at Andy cross eyed!

by Anonymousreply 33December 1, 2016 5:38 PM

I like Kathy. She's funny and entertaining. Cohen is ridiculous nonsense.

by Anonymousreply 34December 1, 2016 6:25 PM

If that's all he wrote about Kathy Griffin then OP is in the twilight zone.

by Anonymousreply 35December 1, 2016 6:36 PM

Andy is stuck in a time warp where he is still relevant. Interesting that Gays don't like him but straight people find him silly and amusing. Like a minstrel show for racists.

by Anonymousreply 36December 1, 2016 6:36 PM

Well, the feud just got 10x worse last night. Anderson Cooper's gay personal assistant was the bartender on WWHL last night, and Andy asked him what Anderson's most disgusting habit was. He replied, "Probably hanging out with Kathy Griffin," which caused Andy, Anderson and Kelly Ripa to burst out laughing.

by Anonymousreply 37December 1, 2016 9:12 PM

Jesus @Andy, @AndersonCooper, #ACsCuntyAsst, y don't u 3 leave the jokes to me while you gurls head back 2 the bathhouse? Kthanksbyeeee

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38December 1, 2016 10:02 PM

Dear 37, First of all, that was not random response but a rehearsed one. Anderson is not the brightest guy out there or he would not have cheapened his brand by touring with Andy Cohen, which was another attempt of Cohen to latch on to his friends's fame. CNN is not in favor of his touring with Cohen but they can't stop it as Anderson has a contract that does not forbid it. Jeff Zucker does not like Cohen and Cohen has attempted to suck up to Zucker's wife Karen who is pretty social and connected. And very well liked. Also, Seinfeld's wife Jessica and Kelly Ripa had an even bigger fight which ended their friendship. All of which has impacted Cohen's ability to use the Seinfeld's anymore. Jerry helped him tremendously. Finally, Kathy Griffin is far brighter, much wittier and far more palatable than Cohen ever will be. She bills herself as D list which she's not. Andy truly believes he is A list which is laughable. He relies on his friend Bruce Bozzi to get him invited to A list events through his husband CAA's Bryan Lourd.

by Anonymousreply 39December 1, 2016 10:12 PM

That assistant should not be working in that field.

What a piss-poor excuse for an assistant.

Cohen's response was grotesque.

What a tedious bunch of assholes.

by Anonymousreply 40December 1, 2016 10:54 PM

That WWHL confirmed and solidified my opinions of both of them. Disgusting people.

by Anonymousreply 41December 2, 2016 12:06 AM

Kathy is hilarious and a wonderful storyteller, but I'm really impressed when she stops trying to get a laugh and seriously talks about politics and other real issues. She's really smart and well informed. She has had some moments like that recently, like on Larry King and Tavis Smiley.

I'll take her over Cohen any day.

by Anonymousreply 42December 2, 2016 12:22 AM

Kathy should have thrown Mr. Mark Consuelos into that little bathhouse dig if she really wanted to tell the truth! Kelly Ripa is just as repulsive as Cohen, in my opinion.

by Anonymousreply 43December 2, 2016 12:22 AM

Andy Cohan

by Anonymousreply 44December 2, 2016 12:25 AM

Still no source or quotes from alleged "book".

by Anonymousreply 45December 2, 2016 12:29 AM

r43 what do you know ?

by Anonymousreply 46December 2, 2016 2:11 AM

I sort of feel Anderson is overcompensating for being closeted for so long by being so friendly with Cohen. (or else he is an idiot too and on Cohen's level)

by Anonymousreply 47December 2, 2016 4:43 AM

Anderson seems to have an undercurrent of contempt for Andy, not that I blame him.

by Anonymousreply 48December 2, 2016 4:48 AM

These are a group of 50 year olds acting like this.

by Anonymousreply 49December 2, 2016 4:51 AM

R49 It's pretty pathetic, isn't it?

by Anonymousreply 50December 2, 2016 5:02 AM

Jon Hamm comes off pretty poorly in Kathy's book. (but he was still drinking when they met.)

by Anonymousreply 51December 2, 2016 6:51 AM

So, either the OP is a shill for Andy Cohen or his publisher trying to stir up book sales for this stupid book.

And, I think 98% of the world would rather hang out with Kathy Griffin than either Andy or that twat Kelly Ripa.

by Anonymousreply 52December 2, 2016 7:08 AM

Remember when Nikki Finke called Andy Cohen a putz?

LOL

by Anonymousreply 53December 2, 2016 8:01 AM

Remember when anyone cared about Nikki Finke?

by Anonymousreply 54December 2, 2016 8:12 AM

[quote]I sort of feel Anderson is overcompensating for being closeted for so long by being so friendly with Cohen. (or else he is an idiot too and on Cohen's level).

I think it’s more that AC is trying to connect and move away from the frigid, button-upped image that he’s honed for so many years as a news person. I do remember Cohen admitting on his radio show that AC could only be around him for so long before he needed a break. Which is kinda funny because it’s honest of Cohen and completely expected from Cooper. BTW I know Cohen gets a lot of trash here but I find him pretty sexy actually. He just needs to take it down about 20 notches.

[quote]Jon Hamm comes off pretty poorly in Kathy's book. (but he was still drinking when they met.)

Yeah, well….a mean drunk is a shitty sober person.

by Anonymousreply 55December 2, 2016 10:02 AM

R38 Yes, mama. Read them bromo-wannabe bitches.

by Anonymousreply 56December 2, 2016 11:35 AM

ENTERTAINMENT LAWYER 12/01 **#6** I’m not sure it is possible for this late night talk show host to kiss any more butt than he managed to do this week to land the job he covets. I think the person making the decision is loving the groveling. Andy Cohen ("Watch What Happens Live")/Kelly Ripa (new co-host of "Live With Kelly")

by Anonymousreply 57December 2, 2016 11:54 AM

Are Anderson and Kathy not doing the NYE show anymore? It's going to be kinda awkward to keep it going now that he's sided with Cohen.

It's a shame because their show was always the best thing about NYE.

by Anonymousreply 58December 2, 2016 4:57 PM

Cooper Anderson

by Anonymousreply 59December 2, 2016 4:59 PM

Kathy's standup sucks now, but she is a genuinely funny and charismatic person. Can't say the same for the Bravo guy.

by Anonymousreply 60December 2, 2016 5:29 PM

Kathy is no longer an outsider now she hangs out with A listers. She now counts Sharon Stone and Cher as good friends. So fwiw her schtick has been diminished.

by Anonymousreply 61December 2, 2016 5:35 PM

Andy didn't really write anything bad about Kathy in his book.

She badmouthed several A-listers. I don't know if she mentioned either Andy or Anderson.

That doesn't mean they are friends but maybe they both just thought it best not to put any negative comments in writing.

by Anonymousreply 62December 2, 2016 5:48 PM

Maybe Andy and Kathy are just trying to drum up interest in their books.

Daily News:

Cohen snipes at Griffin several times throughout the book. Exiting Joan Rivers’ memorial in 2014 side by side with her, Cohen chose not to break the awkward silence.

“She’d been s--t talking me earlier this week,” he writes.

At another point, Griffin texted him with an urgent call for conversation — and Cohen blew her off. When he finally got back to her, he was annoyed to hear she wanted to discuss whether or not to take Rivers’ spot on “Fashion Police.”

Griffin took the job but later quit the show, issuing a high-minded statement claiming she didn’t want to contribute to “a culture of unattainable perfectionism.”

Cohen greeted her comments with derision.

“She is the pot calling the kettle black. She has been body-shaming for years,” Cohen sniped to Cooper, his guest on the five-night-a-week celebrityfest “Watch What Happens Live.”

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63December 2, 2016 6:08 PM

Love the wicked anti Cohen turn this thread took.

by Anonymousreply 64December 2, 2016 6:16 PM

Andy Cohen killed Castro.

by Anonymousreply 65December 2, 2016 6:18 PM

And it was Andy's vagina that bled all over the sheets in Truman Capote's story La Cote Basque 1965 from Answered Prayers.

by Anonymousreply 66December 2, 2016 6:28 PM

How dare you all make fun of Andy Cohen. Not only is he an out and proud gay man, but he gives hope to millions of unfunny crossed children in America today that they too can also have their own television show if they just become network executives who are desperate for attention.

by Anonymousreply 67December 2, 2016 6:32 PM

Crossed?

by Anonymousreply 68December 2, 2016 6:32 PM

Why doesn't Andy just ride into the sunset with his baseball player?

by Anonymousreply 69December 2, 2016 6:33 PM

[quote]Kathy is hilarious and a wonderful storyteller, but I'm really impressed when she stops trying to get a laugh and seriously talks about politics and other real issues. She's really smart and well informed. She has had some moments like that recently, like on Larry King and Tavis Smiley.

YES! I'm not the biggest fan of Kathy's standup, but I certainly enjoy a lot of her dishy celeb encounter stories. But, yeah, you're absolutely right about that. I saw her being interviewed somewhere else -- not Larry King or Tavis Smiley -- and the conversation got quite serious and I was really impressed with how smart, articulate and politically engaged she was. She's made her fortune off of lampooning the lowest common denominators of celebrity culture, but she herself is whip smart.

Oh, also, no one who owns THIS home is on D-list.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 70December 2, 2016 6:33 PM

Starting January 3, his show will move to a significantly larger studio, and the official title will be changed to "Watch What Happens Live with Andy Cohen."

"WWHL" began in 2009 as a weekly series focused on the antics of Bravo's "Real Housewives." It was soon expanded to a twice-weekly format and, in 2012, to a nightly Sunday-Thursday schedule.

The new studio in the West Village will have the feel of a clubhouse and has a built-in performance space for musical guests. "We're going from an audience of 22 to about 50, plus we have roof access and a whole lot of new surprises," said Cohen. "It's like moving from a Tic Tac to a studio apartment."

by Anonymousreply 71December 3, 2016 1:18 AM

Roof access? What is he planning on doing, getting a Weber grill?

I can just see it now. Andy, Bethany Frankel, Nene Leaks and Teresa Guidice up on a rooftop roasting weinnies overlooking Columbus Circle. Magical!

by Anonymousreply 72December 3, 2016 1:53 AM

It's a step up if he can get bands to play on his show. I wonder if the program will eventually be longer than 30 minutes.

by Anonymousreply 73December 3, 2016 1:57 AM

[quote]Roof access? What is he planning on doing,

jumping, hopefully

by Anonymousreply 74December 3, 2016 2:10 AM

R71 Cohen's publicist? NBC Universal publicist? Lesbian assistant Daryn?

by Anonymousreply 75December 3, 2016 2:25 AM

R38 Great reply by Kathy to an obviously arranged "answer" from the assistant to the cross-eyed cunt.

by Anonymousreply 76December 3, 2016 2:34 AM

If you don't like Andy just don't watch Bravo. He is a dame white, but largely relegated to one channel and little press. You all stay pressed. Andy is okay.

by Anonymousreply 77December 3, 2016 3:39 AM

please post in English r77

by Anonymousreply 78December 3, 2016 3:40 AM

Kathy's reply is a perfect example of how she has always had a bro stance toward her "gays" - calling them girls and whores going to bathhouses is what gay bashers say while in the act.

by Anonymousreply 79December 3, 2016 5:24 AM

Sorry r78, I was drunk. I'm not sure what I was trying to say.

by Anonymousreply 80December 3, 2016 5:28 AM

[quote]Kathy's reply is perfect

Fixed it for ya.

by Anonymousreply 81December 3, 2016 6:29 AM

Andy's glass eye is just as cold as he is.

by Anonymousreply 82December 3, 2016 7:19 AM

Andy's glass eye hole is why he still claims to be an anal virgin.

by Anonymousreply 83December 3, 2016 7:24 AM

Andy, Anderson, and Kelly Ripa act like such losers when they are together. Like 3 unpopular high schoolers who, decades later, want to live out their fantasies of being "the cool kids". I can't wait for Kathy to, at some point, spill everything about this feud.

by Anonymousreply 84December 3, 2016 7:34 AM

Don't look at Andy cross eyed!

by Anonymousreply 85December 3, 2016 9:10 AM

R84 I really do detest seeing those three, plus Mark Consuelos who I only really know from their "friendship," together. Sometimes your instincts tell you all you need to know, and these relationships are based entirely on superficial and false flatteries and opportunism and it translates to cameras. They all ick me out almost as much as Trump does.

I was pissed about the assistant's remark about Kathy G and their laughing about it, but Kathy's tweet in response made me wonder if they may have invented a false "feud" to try to stir up more press. Watch Kathy for clues about the truth as she does the talk show circuit and hosts inevitably ask her; her answers will reveal whether she is genuinely annoyed or toying with media. But think about it: she and Andy happen to have tell-all books out at the same time, Andy and Anderson happen to be relaunching their bizarre pay-me-to-talk-about-myself road show, and they all have a common relationship and all depend on press to sell their shit. And they're all 50 year olds who are as desperate to be popular girls as Taylor Swift and Katy Perry are. I think it's likely a prearranged deal and while probably none of them really genuinely cares for the others, their relationships are all based on business and narcissism, so why not fuel those things with a little fiction?

by Anonymousreply 86December 3, 2016 9:42 AM

[quote] I think it's likely a prearranged deal and while probably none of them really genuinely cares for the others, their relationships are all based on business and narcissism, so why not fuel those things with a little fiction?

I don't think this is true, they have all been friends for years and they hang out and vacation together often. I think their friendship is genuine.

I do remember Andy Cohen saying that Kathy Griffin will only do something if she's being paid for it - he implied that she was a greedy money-grubber and Anderson said that Andy's not going to get him to say anything bad about her - sounds like this may have changed.

by Anonymousreply 87December 3, 2016 10:31 AM

Kelly Ripa and Anderson Cooper have a very close friendship. It's not fake. Andy Cohen is the arriviste and interloper. He's crude, rude, tacky and tiring. Kathy Griffin has come far in the world and is a funny and smart woman. But she doesn't drink and is not exactly the kind of friend this group vacations with. Kathy is more cool school A list now. Fonda, Tomlin, Steve Martin, Rickles, Suzie Somers, Sharon Stone, Cher, Stevie Nicks, Tarantino, Chelsea Handler and Midler. Dinner parties and politics, not hard partying sexcapades.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 88December 3, 2016 10:48 AM

R87 I think it's genuine in the way stereotypical showbiz relationships are genuine: Yes, they actually spend time together, but they are all conjoined for strategic business purposes. There is a reason Andy appears only to associate with celebrities and disposable 20-year-old boy toys: he is a classic user and opportunist and narcissist. Most of his social media photos are of himself or himself and his dog (a tool to endear the public to him), and the only non-celebs he ever shows himself with occasionally are his parents and Bruce Bozzi (all of whom you'll note he has tried to "legitimize" to himself by trying to make them celebrities by association) and, rarely, his sister. With the exception of his sister, Andy appears only to value people who have public acclaim or whose young bodies temporarily satisfy his cravings.

by Anonymousreply 89December 3, 2016 10:52 AM

I wonder if Cohen has any sense of how repulsive a lot of people think his starfucking is. I don't care if he cares. I just wonder if he knows.

by Anonymousreply 90December 3, 2016 10:59 AM

Although Anderson and Andy have been friends for over 20 years now, I suppose it might be mainly some sort of business deal (Anderson is always quick to promote Andy's latest books).

Apparently Andy has a bf and Anderson said the guy is super smart, handsome and genuine and he hopes Andy doesn't screw up this relationship because Anderson's wild about the guy.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 91December 3, 2016 11:03 AM

I posted the wrong link @ R91. This is an interview with Andy and Anderson talking about Andy's new bf.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 92December 3, 2016 11:07 AM

If Andy is dating a smart guy, the smart guy is using Andy. He's not in it for intellectual stimulation.

(Likewise, despite the collective esteem everyone has for Anderson Cooper, I have never seen any real evidence that he is very bright. He reads CNN news, if you want to call it that, but everytime anything of any substance comes up, he is silent and as a result people believe he is an old-fashioned journalist who prefers to keep his opinions to himself. He may be. Judging by the company he keeps though, he may just be shallow and stupid.)

by Anonymousreply 93December 3, 2016 11:10 AM

R92 That's a packaged promotion to sell Andy's book. I wouldn't interpret any such PR as legitimate or genuine information about a person's life. I Love Lucy taught us in almost every episode how orchestrated all such stories are, and 70 years later no one seems to get it.

by Anonymousreply 94December 3, 2016 11:12 AM

And by the way, Anderson presents himself as the de facto respectable "straight man" by appearing with Cohen, Griffin, Ripa et al, but he's thirsty for celebrity and acclaim. He said that he decided not to date Cohen because Cohen brought up Gloria Vanderbilt during their first discussion, and Cooper finds that sooo distasteful. Yet he produced a documentary about his mother and revealed in doing so that he is both a fan of her celebrity and willing to use her for his own career, and when he had his sad talk show, he was closeted and awkwardly tiptoed around his gayness yet exploited the fuck out of his mother for two years in an attempt to get ratings. He interviewed her, the two exploited his brother's suicide story repeatedly, he showed off his mother's finger paintings and even made them part of the set. We'd all love to showcase our family members who we love if we could, but Cooper exploits his when useful, and especially measured against his gay dog whistling but refusing to address rumors because he said his personal life is personal, his manipulations are obvious. He is on CNN and has no personality and is part of an American royal family and therefore seems respectable, but he just plays the game differently.

by Anonymousreply 95December 3, 2016 11:21 AM

Kathy is a mean little bitch.

by Anonymousreply 96December 3, 2016 11:23 AM

" I either wrote at the end of the night or sometimes in the morning. Sometimes they were full entries, or others I just wrote notes about things that happened that day or funny thoughts I’d had. If I had a truly eventful day, I’d take the time to write it all down in great detail."

Even in a Kardashian-and-Instagram world, this is the height of narcissism. Anderson praises Andy for writing his own book, and Andy gushes about keeping a journal about his own life, assuming anyone gives a shit. Evidently his "books" are nothing more than a diary that professional editors edit and package. Keeping a diary doesn't amount to writing a book. There's no craft involved, no research, not even any thought outside of recapping one's own starfucking day. As a writer, it's depressing that people like this (both of them) have it so easy and are so oblivious about their joint ignorance.

by Anonymousreply 97December 3, 2016 11:27 AM

Ande we love some mean little bitches. Yes we do

by Anonymousreply 98December 3, 2016 11:27 AM

R96 She can be, but she has other attributes. Andy is a mean little bitch with no other attributes.

R97 Some of them. Not Andy.

by Anonymousreply 99December 3, 2016 11:28 AM

"ANDERSON: You even write about your boyfriend! As you know, I am wild about him; he is super smart, handsome, and such a genuine person."

Am I the only one who thinks Anderson must be confessing here that he and Andy are dating? I can't imagine him describing anyone other than Gloria or himself as super smart, genuine and handsome!

by Anonymousreply 100December 3, 2016 11:31 AM

"ANDERSON: As I was reading the book I kept thinking, "Sweetie, you are dancing as fast as you can!" Do you worry it’s all going to explode one day?

ANDY: Sweetie, you should talk! I think you and me both enjoy working, and don’t consider it “work,” so as long as I’m having fun I will continue at this pace."

Sweetie/Sweetie? Fake as fuck meets fake as fuck. Gag.

by Anonymousreply 101December 3, 2016 11:36 AM

Griffin has always made fun of Cohen.

I'm guessing he had to put up with it because he was clawing his way to being a "celebrity."

Not that he has a toe hold on that world, he's not putting up with it anymore.

If there's a side to be had, I'm on Griffin's.

by Anonymousreply 102December 3, 2016 11:41 AM

Anderson also makes constant jabs at Kardashians and reality stars who he presents as being too lowbrow for him to pay any attention to. Note who comes to his mind when he says "famous people"--the guy is a superficial reality show/tabloid junkie on the DL who acts like he is above it.

"ANDERSON: I had no idea how many famous people you have unintentionally and hilariously insulted of late: Charlie Rose, his cousin Amber Rose, Tori Spelling. . . . the list goes on and on. Do you have to write many apology emails?"

by Anonymousreply 103December 3, 2016 11:41 AM

I'm not defending Andy, r99, trust me. However, I've never met Andy. I've met Kathy. And she really is a mean little bitch.

by Anonymousreply 104December 3, 2016 11:44 AM

R104 I've never had a personal exchange with Kathy but I interviewed her for her last book, and her wit was hard to keep up with, and then the second half of the interview became really serious and heartfelt. Before I spoke with her I was a fan of her comedy but felt like she exploited and objectified her gay audience in a patronizing way. She turned the conversation to a serious and meaningful subject and I am positive she was sincere. She earned my respect.

by Anonymousreply 105December 3, 2016 11:47 AM

Team Kathy all the way. Andy and Ripa are vile creatures. The jury's still out on Little Lord Vanderbilt.

by Anonymousreply 106December 3, 2016 11:50 AM

Andy Cohen, at 50, also titters incessantly about cannabis and cocaine as if he is a naughty middle schooler. I find it beyond tiresome and hard to watch. And that plus his frequent jokes about "pass around party bottoms" make me feel certain he is into meth and all that added together at any age, but especially by late 40s, actually makes me pity him.

by Anonymousreply 107December 3, 2016 11:50 AM

R106 The jury has returned. Guilty as charged.

I just read a few book reviews on Amazon. All the top reviews are two stars and consistent in the opinion that the book is boring and its author is a boring narcissist desperate to be a celebrity and who arrogantly thinks of himself as today's Andy Warhol. As a wise person once said (OK, I am making this shit up as I write it), "Be yourself or be nobody of significance."

by Anonymousreply 108December 3, 2016 11:59 AM

Selection from an Amazon review sums up this thread:

"While attempting to compare himself to the infamous Andy Warhol Diaries written after the famous artist and socialite's death, Andy Cohen winds up detailing a "celebrity" lifestyle that fails to have even the smallest glimmer of its famous namesake. What we are left with is the portrait of a man desperately trying to swim upstream into a world he grasps at but remains just out of reach. His sexual relationships show an aging gay man obsessed with youth, reinforcing stereotypes about gay culture and its lack of substance. His frequent and varied drug use is detailed enough to borderline on addiction. And his lack of empathy for any other group or individual beyond his own myopic view of the world is troubling for someone in the public eye."

I have to give Anderson Cooper points for writing an honest review of his faux-friend's book!!

by Anonymousreply 109December 3, 2016 12:01 PM

R107, I had no idea Andy made those comments, being that I do not keep up in regards to Andy. I find him to be as boring as drying paint, with the chance that one might lean against the newly painted wall before it has completely dried.

But if this is Andy, I find that quite loathesome.

by Anonymousreply 110December 3, 2016 12:05 PM

Question: which one of us bitches is emailing this thread to Cohen? Though, I have an inkling that he'll run across it on his own before any of us can click "send".

by Anonymousreply 111December 3, 2016 12:11 PM

R110 Aside from Diana Ross, Madonna and Cher references, almost all Andy talks about (non-Bravo) is drugs. He asks almost every guest on Watch What Happens Live who the most famous person is with whom they've smoked a joint. He asks half of them how much blow they did in the 80s. He giggles and snickers and says he did a lot (and implies he still does and thinks it's cool), and most of them look at him with blank stares and say not much or none, but they saw a lot. Usually he is the only one who appears amused with the conversation. And the pass-around party bottom thing is one of his favorite self-amusements conversationally. It's creepy and sad to me. He's out and proud about being an aging lech who totally objectifies and exploits barely legal fans for one-off fucks, and a number of people here have said he has flashed them in a steamroom at Equinox gym in NYC. And some people live that way and I try not to judge too much according to my very different values, but watching him makes me sad both for him and for the gay community at large. Are we ever going to get over the self-destructive and superficial bullshit that makes us relate so much to the likes of Judy Garland and just be normal people, or is it in our cultural DNA to crash and burn flamboyantly?

by Anonymousreply 112December 3, 2016 12:14 PM

R111 If you have his email address, I will be the bitch. But even if he read it he would just do a couple lines of coke, call his dealer and a half dozen twink whores over and meth his brains out until he has to be on camera at 10 pm on Monday. The thing about all this bitchiness about Andy Cohen that amazes me is that, unlike most of this sort of discussion, all the resentment people have for him is based on how he has framed his own life publicly. It's not rumor; it's condemnation of an admittedly condemnable person.

by Anonymousreply 113December 3, 2016 12:17 PM

R110 At some point he will become the next Lucian Piane, who is the new Charlie Sheen.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 114December 3, 2016 12:23 PM

This blog is terribly written, but it details some of the apparent beef between Andrew and Kathleen.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 115December 3, 2016 12:26 PM

Is anyone here willing to confess to paying to see the AC2 side show? I wouldn't but I am curious how it has evidently been successful enough to continue. Auditoriums of people are literally funding two wealthy narcissists to talk about themselves as they take a national vacation variety pack of American gigolos. It's almost as baffling to me as the Donald Trump phenomenon. The country done lost its damn mind.

by Anonymousreply 116December 3, 2016 12:33 PM

Team Andy (and I'm no Andy fan). Kathy is so transparent, I'm shocked that so many of you all still fall for it. The woman is clearly a money-grubbing snob, and the only reason she "loves her gays!" is because YOU GAYS bought her that piggish Bel Air mansion! I used to like her, but turned on her once I started following her on Facebook and saw that EVERYTHING she posted was either seeking attention like a teenage girl (LOOK AT ME!!!) or trying to sell me something. At one point she even stooped so low as to pimp her elderly mother out for money--writing a book in her name and even selling 'Tip It!' snuggies. Gross!

If you really listen to her words, you'll sometimes hear Kathy's mask slip. She'll say some really snotty/elitist shit, but will do it in a joking tone thinking it covers her. I see right through it, and clearly anyone who knows her personally (Andy/Anderson) realizes what a nasty piece of work she is as well. This woman wouldn't stop to piss on you if you were on fire--unless you gave her a dollar first.

Stop being so goddamn gullible.

by Anonymousreply 117December 3, 2016 5:01 PM

Kathy really does come off as desperate much of the time. It's tired. I suspect she was highly insecure growing up and has spent her entire adult life trying to prove something. Jay Leno had it right...woof! At least Joan Rivers was a good person underneath it all.

by Anonymousreply 118December 3, 2016 5:11 PM

R117 Do you seriously think Anderson Vanderbilt Cooper would hold it against anyone if they behaved like elitists? No. The answer is no.

by Anonymousreply 119December 3, 2016 5:13 PM

R118 Good person.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 120December 3, 2016 5:16 PM

R119, I'm sure Anderson can sense that Kathy's obsessed with that 'Vanderbilt money' which, yes, would get old. No one likes to be used.

by Anonymousreply 121December 3, 2016 5:18 PM

Giggly giggly

by Anonymousreply 122December 3, 2016 6:09 PM

R121 Andy Cohen is a shameless unabashed user. The man asks half his guests how rich they are. He's all the awful housewives' most horrible scripted opportunistic characteristics rolled into one despicable human being. Anderson doesn't seem to mind.

by Anonymousreply 123December 3, 2016 6:12 PM

Andy is as fake and as phony as they come. They don't come any faker or phonier. I do believe his friendship with Anderson Cooper is legit, but I'm not sure about the others.

I think Andy, like many of us GenXers are caught in this weird in-between place. The Boomers got to be wild and free and sexually adventurous and live life on their own terms as they raped and pillaged the planet and the treasury. Now we have the millennials who grew up in a world of privilege and support and were encouraged to live life on their own terms, and they too have access to a sexual world that is wide open.

We GenXers grew up in a world where it was always alright to be gay. You didn't get a whole lot of support. Then as we became sexually mature, you got scared of fucking because of AIDS. There was Grindr to meet guys. There was no Prep.

So here we are now in our 40s looking back on all the things we missed out on on and are trying to recapture a youth spent unsure and scared. So we've regressed. We're a bunch of men and women in our 40s about to hit 50 and we want to be able to have some fun before it all falls apart again.

So you get Andy Cohen acting like a mean girl at the lunch table in high school and you have Anderson Cooper giggling like a dizzy bitch.

by Anonymousreply 124December 3, 2016 6:26 PM

Exactly, R123. They're too much alike to like each other.

by Anonymousreply 125December 3, 2016 6:26 PM

Kathy is supremely talented. Andy Cohen is a bit player.

by Anonymousreply 126December 3, 2016 7:25 PM

Supremely talented? She tells stories.

by Anonymousreply 127December 3, 2016 7:46 PM

"but turned on her once I started following her on Facebook and saw that EVERYTHING she posted was either seeking attention like a teenage girl (LOOK AT ME!!!) or trying to sell me something."

A celebrity using Facebook to get attention and sell things?

BRING ME MY SMELLING SALTS!

by Anonymousreply 128December 4, 2016 4:25 AM

I have to remind myself that these children are around 50, or older. Can't we all agree that they're equally pathetic? What kind of middle aged man spends his time doing this sort of meaningless garbage?

by Anonymousreply 129December 4, 2016 5:52 AM

I'm a fan of Andy, but his books are boring.

by Anonymousreply 130December 4, 2016 6:35 AM

[quote]Do you seriously think Anderson Vanderbilt Cooper would hold it against anyone if they behaved like elitists? No. The answer is no.

Anderson said his parents always told him and his brother that they never wanted them to become elitist.

by Anonymousreply 131December 4, 2016 8:22 AM

and then they sent them to the Dalton School and Yale.

by Anonymousreply 132December 4, 2016 8:24 AM

His choice for a bf wasn't all that elitist.

by Anonymousreply 133December 4, 2016 8:36 AM

Gee, thanks r97.

by Anonymousreply 134December 4, 2016 8:53 AM

Wasn't Kathy Griffin the one who pointed out Andy Cohen's wonky eye on national television?

by Anonymousreply 135December 4, 2016 9:02 AM

Since Kathy started flaunting her body she has become insufferable like wearing a bra on NYE last year. Nobody wants to see that.

by Anonymousreply 136December 4, 2016 9:22 AM

They are ALL users. They use each other and they use their fans and social media followers. To me Anderson Cooper is the worst because he acts like the whole thing is beneath him and he does some humanitarian service by hanging around with these lowlives who worship him like a God honoring them with his presence.

by Anonymousreply 137December 4, 2016 9:24 AM

Kathy is a raconteur. Cohen is superficial nonsense.

by Anonymousreply 138December 4, 2016 9:32 AM

[quote]Since Kathy started flaunting her body she has become insufferable like wearing a bra on NYE last year. Nobody wants to see that.

Thirsty. Desperate. Tired.

by Anonymousreply 139December 4, 2016 9:45 AM

I know it must be hard to be an unattractive woman in Hollywood, but no matter how much plastic surgery she has Kathy will always be ugly.

by Anonymousreply 140December 4, 2016 9:48 AM

[quote]A celebrity using Facebook to get attention and sell things? BRING ME MY SMELLING SALTS!

It's too in-your-face and incessant with her. Not once did I ever see her post a simple "thank you" to her fans, like most celebs will do from time to time…NEVER. It was all blatant self-centered attention seeking and money-grubbing--SELL! SELL! SELL! GET THAT MONEY!!! GRAB! GRAB! GRAB! Such a turn-off. She doesn't see us as "her gays", she sees us as suckers with our wallets hanging out of our back pockets with which she's looking to abscond.

Sorry, Kath. We gays can be very loyal--but we can also turn on a bitch. You pushed this gay too far.

by Anonymousreply 141December 4, 2016 9:57 AM

Kathy is stingy as hell. I know she says her ex husband was taking money, but it wasn't much and she treated him like a slave.

by Anonymousreply 142December 4, 2016 9:59 AM

You'd swear she was Jewish.

by Anonymousreply 143December 4, 2016 10:00 AM

This thread is SUBLIME.

by Anonymousreply 144December 4, 2016 10:16 AM

I dislike them both.

by Anonymousreply 145December 4, 2016 12:19 PM

Damn, Andy's assistant must have found this thread last night.

All the people talking about "all" the Vanderbilt don't know what they are talking about. Gloria inherited a little under five million dollars when she was young. Doris Duke, she was not.

by Anonymousreply 146December 4, 2016 1:49 PM

R134 Did you seriously just compare the Diary of Anne Frank to the fucking Andy Cohen Diaries? Really? This is all needless to say but I am going to say it to make it clear. Anne Frank was a teenaged girl who kept a personal diary. That diary was intended to stay personal, to reflect her thoughts, and because of the unreal and life-threatening circumstances, her diary ended up being a means of therapy and self-support and it turned out to be a vital historic document and a portrait of human idealism in the face of the unthinkable. Yet it was never writen for anyone but Anne herself.

Cohen was approached by or his publicist pitched a celebrity tell-all book. The motivations were to add millions of dollars to his already full coffers, to add "author" to his resume and his ego, and to give him a platform to tour the country and self-advertise. Cohen's "diary" was written self-consciously to be read by as many people as possible, and it exploits his fame and the celebrities he knows.

You are a fool for drawing a comparison between the two books. Fuck you very much with a chainsaw.

by Anonymousreply 147December 4, 2016 2:46 PM

[quote]SELL! SELL! SELL! GET THAT MONEY!!!

Kathy makes money and invests wisely. That is why she was able to buy her new house with cash without having sold her previous house. She comes across as someone who knows what it's like to be broke and never wants to go back to that place.

Andy's doing the same thing. He's a 50 year old man acting like a 15 year old girl. It's all part of his schtick to get money and fame. He talks shit about people who he feels won't bite back, like Kathy and Michael Strahan.

by Anonymousreply 148December 4, 2016 2:49 PM

R146 That's short sighted and denies that the United States has royal families, and just like titled people in the UK who can lose all their money and never compromise their lavish lifestyles and royal treatment, the US has its own families of this sort: the Kennedys, the Rockefellers, the Carnegies, the Vanderbilts among them. Gloria Vanderbilt in particular may have had "only" five million decades ago when five million was a shitload of money, but her life had been played out in the press to the extent that she was a living legend from childhood. The woman is as old money as one can be in the US. Her first husband wad a geriatric symphony conductor; these are the sorts of things blue bloods do. She raised her children in her old-money image. She sent them to the most elite private schools. She dressed the little boys up in suits and pimped out her son as her heir-apparent model and because of who they are the world accepted him, as it did Gloria, as uncommonly beautiful when...no, not really. But fortune makes people seem that way. Her other son killed himself in front of her. I would argue that was most likely a consequence of their elitism and not in spite of it. Let's not pretend that Gloria is a down-to-Earth chick who made her own fortune and raised her sons to be grounded down-to-Earth people. We have heard enough of that lie from the Trump family.

by Anonymousreply 149December 4, 2016 2:56 PM

You should read over your post, r124. Some of it did not make sense. You wrote: We GenXers grew up in a world where it was always alright to be gay. You didn't get a whole lot of support. Then as we became sexually mature, you got scared of fucking because of AIDS. There was Grindr to meet guys. There was no Prep.

by Anonymousreply 150December 4, 2016 3:05 PM

R148 Michael Strahan...this is one of the things I dislike most about Andy The Narcissist. He gossips about and is a mean girl toward people like Michael Strahan, Kelly and her husband, his Palm restaurant friend, SJP and her husband, the Seinfeld wife. He has a national talk show and spends most of his time gossiping about his personal friends, who generally have low public profiles and who I find annoying, know little or nothing about and care nothing about. Kathy Griffin tells gossipy stories, but about major public figures like Oprah, Cher, Lindsay Lohan--people with whom the majority of Americans are familiar, and so it seems like fair game and it seems like she's an actual comedian who recognizes people's frames of reference, instead of assuming people give a shit about the drama among her buddies. In fact, Kathy's act has fallen flat since she has taken to a more Andy-type approach of sharing her starfucking friends' stories instead of making keen (and sometimes cruel) observations of ridiculous behaviors of ridiculously famous people. When she started gossiping about the housewives, it was a cue that she was losing touch with the sort of observational humor that made people love her or love to hate her. The Andy influence is corrupting everything.

Joan Rivers was hilarious in her comedy until the end, and it was because she was quick and observant and critical of famous people and the ridiculous things they do. Kathy became absorbed by that culture and lost her critical perspective. Andy never had it because it's clear he'll suck any dick to make his star glow a little more brightly--no comic intelligence whatsoever.

by Anonymousreply 151December 4, 2016 3:08 PM

R149 , having a lot of money doesn't qualify you as American royalty, at the time or in subsequent generations. The Kennedys, in spite of the fact that they are wealthy and gave us a president, are not royalty in the eyes of the upper class. The Duponts, the Mellons, the Whitneys, the Jays are better examples of that type. Gloria didn't put her name on jeans and perfume because she wanted the attention, she did it because she needed the money. You don't see the Duponts or their peers doing this. I think she married for love and supported her husbands' careers and lifestyles. Hell, she even had to sell her real estate back in the Eighties to stay afloat after her lawyers and business partners embezzled funds. I don't believe the reports that she's worth 200 million today.

by Anonymousreply 152December 4, 2016 3:27 PM

Now that Kathy and Bravo have parted ways, is she even talking about the Housewives in her act anymore?

I compare Kathy Griffin to Howard Stern. They were funnier when they were outsiders looking in and commenting on the excess and outrageousness of celebrity. Then, they were invited to sit at the cool kids table and they became a part of what they used to make fun of. So they both now walk a fine line and have to be selective in their critiques.

by Anonymousreply 153December 4, 2016 3:27 PM

r36, ahaha that's actually a very clever point.

by Anonymousreply 154December 4, 2016 3:30 PM

R150 Yeah the logic of his rhetoric is nonexistant, but I chose to read the disparate points collectively as meaning simply that Gen Xers (I am one, barely, at 38) grew up in a time of ambiguous semi-acceptance of sexuality--no active condemnation of us, but no general acceptance, either--when the prospect of sex was something like Russian roulette. That's all true for me, anyway. It was OK to be who I was but it was going out on a limb to put a rainbow sticker on my car and when I did I was relatively isolated; when I went to college, it had only just established a GLBT group and the meetings were intentionally low profile, and the university board of governors denied any funding for the group even as it funded a student Anime club. So there was a passive cultural acceptance at the time and a passive aggressive condemnation at the same time. There was still stigma associated with being gay--and I was just outside of DC, which was and is almost as progressive as San Francisco.

To the Grindr point, my read is similar to the above: i was 17 when I got on Prodigy and then Compuserve and then AOL. I had MIRC Internet chat (my first gay interactions), and then AOL had waiting lists to get into multiple M4M DC chat rooms. And then gay.com chat. All throughout and up until the mid-2000s, we were told about people being murdered after meeting people online. It was discouraged by the media; for many gay people it was the only way to meet gay people. So now we were worried about HIV, still deadly, and about being slaughtered by Internet monsters. These fears were associated with our sexual identities and even the bold and courageous among us internalized "gay" as "threatening and risky" to ourselves. Lots of complex psychological effects that are difficult to get out of our psyches.

For the next generation, there was no mortal STD to fear, meeting people online became unstigmatized and mainstreamed, and even easier than ever with mobile apps that have come to present human beings like Ikea catalog items--an endless supplies, all variations on one idealized gym-toned theme. So we saw sex and relationships as coming with risks, and many Millennials are very much like 1970s free-love hippies. They fuck randomly and without guilt, shame or fear, and have an endless supply of physically appealing bodies to do it with since they were cultivated when gay = trendy and when adults raised their children to be gym-obsessed and beauty-obsessed narcissists who prize trendiness and physical conformity.

As a Gen Xer I will never shake the sex-is-risky complex, and honestly I am glad for it. It has complicated/been a barrier to relationships, and that's terrible. But the hyperpromiscuity of young gay men today who assume that because PREP may protect against HIV they are at no risk worries me for them.

I am the guy here who has chronic Lyme and every time I bring it up everyone here mocks me and compares me to Yolanda Foster. Fine, and I wished it changed the reality that this disease has taken a toll on my life similar to that of untreated AIDS, making my whole immune system go haywire and physically disfiguring me, but despite people assuming it isn't real and it's funny, the numbers of infections are spreading at a rate not unlike that of HIV. The disease has been shown to be passed through semen and vaginal fluid and I know a young gay man in the UK who claims his boyfriend caught it from him.

The point is not to rant about Lyme specifically but to state an undeniable truth: there are always new and emerging diseases about which nothing is known. Before AIDS was known, it was still infecting people for over a decade. This is how diseases become plagues and protecting against just one (HIV) and assuming nothing else will ever come along is more stupid than human beings today have any right to be.

So I am comfortable being a Generation Xer with hangups about sex and sexuality. It may make for a more complicated and conservative lifestyle but it's at least a responsible one.

by Anonymousreply 155December 4, 2016 3:34 PM

Kathy's lost her bite. I can't hate on her, though. She's earned every dollar on her own with her stand up since D-List went off the air. It enabled her to pay for her $10 million house in cash. How well would AC and Andy be doing if a media conglomerate didn't give them a paycheck?

by Anonymousreply 156December 4, 2016 3:45 PM

R156 They would do just fine. Cooper would draw down on the trust fund he denies he has and probably would become an eccentric like his mother, and Cohen would become a "permanent houseguest" among the scores of unimportant but wealthy people he has made a career of befriending for the financial benefits.

by Anonymousreply 157December 4, 2016 3:52 PM

r141, wtf do you expect, she's a jew.

by Anonymousreply 158December 4, 2016 4:02 PM

[quote]His choice for a bf wasn't all that elitist.

Because Cooper prefers muscular, masculine, ethnic tops that will tear his pasty little ass up. Hard to get that itch scratched with the upper crust crowd.

That is why the idea of Cooper and Cohen ever dating is hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 159December 4, 2016 4:02 PM

Actually she isn't. i don't know why I always assumed she was.

by Anonymousreply 160December 4, 2016 4:05 PM

Anyone who has even passing knowledge of Kathy Griffin knows she is Irish (Catholic) Not that it matters, your stereotype was ugly anyway R158.

by Anonymousreply 161December 4, 2016 4:18 PM

R158 The half of Kathy Griffin's act that is not about celebrity is all about her Irish-Catholic upbringing, her Irish-American mother (Jesus Christ, Kathleen, Chist on the goddammned cross in a loin cloth!), her always-fighting drunk Irish family, and on her reality show she took her father's ashes to a town in Ireland where almost everyone's last name is Griffin. She is about as Jewish as Adolf Hitler was. Oh, wait, Hitler was way more Jewish.

by Anonymousreply 162December 4, 2016 4:19 PM

I find her celebrity jokes uninspired, but I'd rather hang out with Kathy than I would with Andy, thats for sure.

by Anonymousreply 163December 4, 2016 4:22 PM

R155, you lost me at GLBT.

by Anonymousreply 164December 4, 2016 4:23 PM

On his last WWHL appearance with Kelly Ripa, poor Anderson made a snide comment that made it seem like he's completely over doing that schlock "tour" with Cohen. He said something along the lines of getting tired of going to seedy joints to perform. This momance will be over sooner than later.

I think Cooper is eyeing a co-chair with Ripa, and Cohen--who was vying for it, too--knows it.

by Anonymousreply 165December 4, 2016 4:24 PM

[quote]Because Cooper prefers muscular, masculine, ethnic tops that will tear his pasty little ass up. Hard to get that itch scratched with the upper crust crowd.

In the past that itch got scratched in private behind closed doors. You had your trophy something (wife or husband) or beard you showed around at public functions and had your affair, or affairs, away from the public eye.

by Anonymousreply 166December 4, 2016 4:28 PM

[quote] This is a recent change. Kathy used to be good friends with him and his mother.

Eh.

I think all that was manufactured for the press. Kathy's connection to Anderson and Gloria was a professional courtesy, not a personal one.

by Anonymousreply 167December 4, 2016 4:33 PM

These people are not friends friends. They would push each other off their summer vacation yacht if it meant to gain some small advantage. The only reason Andy is still "friends" with Kelly after she pulled that "oh, we've got to find a co-host!" stunt (a position Kelly has no intention to fill after she fully believes she got sidelined by her previous co-host), because he is a spineless suckup.

by Anonymousreply 168December 4, 2016 4:40 PM

Again, I know for a fact that Kelly and Cooper are very good friends. Like hang out and watch TV friends. Anderson still gets his itch scratched. Who the fuck doesn't know that? He has two or three trusted NYC hustlers, and half the men of Brazil. Must be 9" or bigger.

by Anonymousreply 169December 4, 2016 4:47 PM

I've said it before and I'll say it again, Bravo was much gayer as a fine arts network. They had concerts. They had operas. They had documentaries about artists. They had Gilbert & Sullivan. They had [italic]St. Elsewhere[/italic] reruns. Now look at them. I refuse to believe that this mind-numbing trash is more profitable or does anything to contribute to a more intelligent society.

by Anonymousreply 170December 4, 2016 5:32 PM

Andy was right about Kathy when she suddenly became Joan of Arc when she was let go from Fashion Police.

by Anonymousreply 171December 4, 2016 5:36 PM

R171 We see you, Miss Rivers.

R170 I watched Bravo back then...but that was like 20 years ago. The ship has sailed. And as much as I sometimes enjoyed the endless Cirque Du Soleil marathons on the old Bravo, there is no doubt that the human waste employed by the Housewives franchises and spinoffs are more profitable. If they can pay Nene Leakes a million a season, those trash shows are cash cows. And as far as Bravo having been "gayer" then, Andy Cohen has said endlessly that he does not view Bravo as a gay network. He sees it as gay friendly. I see it as gaymiliation and gaysploitation.

by Anonymousreply 172December 4, 2016 6:02 PM

I can't believe people still watch that contrived Housewives tripe. So five years ago.

by Anonymousreply 173December 4, 2016 6:07 PM

I would suck Andy Cohen's dick...just so I could stop midway, stand up and tell him that I am mortified that I had finally reached rock bottom and I'm going to get help.

by Anonymousreply 174December 4, 2016 6:14 PM

R173 Ratings are up for some of them. It's pretty sad.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 175December 4, 2016 6:19 PM

r165 Anderson won't be joining Kelly anytime soon - He just renewed his contract with CNN in October - CNN locked him down - Anderson hosts their highest rated program - The contract also allows him to do pieces for 60 Minutes - The contract limits his appearances on Kelly's show to him promoting CNN/60 Minutes - Anderson will no longer be a regular guest cohost - He pulls in around $11M per year

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 176December 4, 2016 6:29 PM

Looks like Kelly wants her show all to herself - She would secure a higher salary in addition to job security - After Strahan she's smart to exact so much control - Whether deserved or not, any one of us would be clenching to her $15M paycheck until they shoved us out the door!

From Blind Gossip: You already knew that this TV host was searching for a new cohost. At least, that’s what everyone thought she was doing!

Well, there have been two interesting developments.

The first is that she has decided that she likes being the only star of the show. That’s why this “search” never ends and she never approves a new hire. She likes it so much that she has expressed to network management that her preference is to make this little arrangement permanent. Of course, as the sole host, she would also be entitled to a hefty raise, right?

The second development is that some of the guest cohosts have gotten wind of this and are really angry about it! They thought they were competing for a permanent and lucrative job. Some of them returned again and again and again only because they thought were getting closer to an offer.

One of them, a well-known actor, is especially ticked off.

He wasn’t doing this for fun or because he has nothing better to do. This was supposed to be a trial run. He really wanted the gig. He was OK with going back for repeated auditions because he thought that was what it took to get the job. Now it looks like it was all a scam. He feels used.

As more of these individuals figure out that there is no possibility of a permanent job, it will be interesting to see if they are so eager to be guest cohosts in the future!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 177December 4, 2016 6:33 PM

If every television viewer was like me, Kelly would be out of a job.

by Anonymousreply 178December 4, 2016 7:03 PM

Do people who don't want to be her co-host REALLY care anything at all about Kelly Ripa? I mean really?

by Anonymousreply 179December 4, 2016 7:04 PM

Kathy was much funnier when the only work she could get was filling in for Soleil Moon Frye on Hollywood Squares.

by Anonymousreply 180December 4, 2016 7:20 PM

Kathy would love another chance at a talk show, but she failed miserably at her Bravo shot. I am a fan, but it was bad. She's a terrible interviewer--she couldn't shut up long enough trying to be funny to let the guest speak. I think she needs to go more smart and serious, with a funny edge. I could see her doing something like the Bill Maher show. She's really good when she just calms the fuck down and shows how smart she is...but all the smarts in the world won't make for a good interview if you don't LISTEN.

Sort of like Chelsea Handler's Netflix show. It started out as a TRAINWRECK, but she's settled in and now I quite enjoy binging it on the weekend. She's trying something different and it's paying off. Miss Kathy needs to do the same.

by Anonymousreply 181December 4, 2016 7:27 PM

[quote] Kathy was much funnier when the only work she could get was filling in for Soleil Moon Frye on Hollywood Squares.

Why, did she get a boob job for her 16th birthday, too?

by Anonymousreply 182December 4, 2016 7:29 PM

HDTV is not Kathy's friend.

by Anonymousreply 183December 4, 2016 7:30 PM

R181, I agree. She needs to calm down and listen. It's a problem in a lot of her interviews too. She railroads the hosts and just keeps on talking. It's fine if she's delivering the goods and making people laugh. She should be aware enough when it's not happening and let the hosts do their job and reel her back in.

I think one of the reasons why she works so well with Anderson is because she respects him enough to not monopolize their on-air time together.

by Anonymousreply 184December 4, 2016 7:37 PM

[quote] The second development is that some of the guest cohosts have gotten wind of this and are really angry about it! They thought they were competing for a permanent and lucrative job. Some of them returned again and again and again only because they thought were getting closer to an offer. One of them, a well-known actor, is especially ticked off. He wasn’t doing this for fun or because he has nothing better to do. This was supposed to be a trial run. He really wanted the gig. He was OK with going back for repeated auditions because he thought that was what it took to get the job. Now it looks like it was all a scam. He feels used.

Is this Jerry O'Connell? I thought he would've been great. But I agree. Kelly isn't letting this one go. She likes being solo. She won't even let Mark appear with her anymore on Cohen's show. Cooper is fine since he's well known, but I guess Mark has become too Z-list for her.

by Anonymousreply 185December 4, 2016 7:44 PM

[quote]Anderson still gets his itch scratched. Who the fuck doesn't know that? He has two or three trusted NYC hustlers, and half the men of Brazil. Must be 9" or bigger.

The other night on WWHL Andy said he was fascinated by CNN's Van Jones and he asked Anderson if he ever felt a little attraction to Van (who is hunky) but AC gave a definite NO. I guess he doesn't like hot black guys!

by Anonymousreply 186December 4, 2016 7:45 PM

R184 I just think she's a walking, talking one-woman show who doesn't want to and cannot share the spotlight. I read her first book and if I remember correctly she freely admitted she was an attention-hungry child and is an attention-hungry adult with an ambitious ego. She takes herself seriously and she laughs at herself. She also seems to be a news junkie, particularly CNN (long before the NYE gig), and so I think she is a little star struck by Anderson. I don't share the sentiment, but I get the feeling she equates "it's on CNN" with "it's important and valuable."

Kathy Griffin is one of those people who requires and is her best with a stage and a spotlight and nothing else. She doesn't share attention well and shouldn't be on a talk show. Since she has to make herself the center of attention--her strength and her weakness--she will always be mega-annoying when sharing the spotlight. I don't blame her for it because I like her. Andy can share the spotlight and is even generous with it, but he's become a starfucking narcissist.

by Anonymousreply 187December 4, 2016 7:48 PM

[quote]I guess he doesn't like hot black guys!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 188December 4, 2016 7:48 PM

Oh he does R186.

by Anonymousreply 189December 4, 2016 7:48 PM

Van Jones strikes me as someone who would be threatening to Anderson Cooper. He is incredibly partisan and thoughtful. Anderson plays it as apolotically as possible and even Andy has pulled back on his opinions. Also, I know I am alone in this feeling but Cooper just does not strike me as either particularly charismatic or particularly thoughtful. He is controlled and he reads his Teleprompter well. I give him credit for that. Van Jones speaks extemporaneously and incredibly thoughtfully.

What I don't get is why neither Andy nor Anderson nor Kathy ever mention Don Lemon. He is a total narcissist, he says stupid things, and he told Kathy last year on CNN she has "a great rack." His existence begs for Mean Kathy treatment but she doesn't seem to go after him. If I were Andy and trying to antagonize Anderson I'd be constantly asking Cooper how big Don's dick is.

by Anonymousreply 190December 4, 2016 7:54 PM

Anderson seems super self-conscious of his paleness...which I find kind of funny since aside from his hair, he's not really any paler than any other white person who doesn't live in Florida or L.A.

by Anonymousreply 191December 4, 2016 8:13 PM

To all the haters who say I can't believe a 50 yr old man would behave like this. He's in showbizness. He's giving the masses what they want. Just because you live a boring life in finance or HR doesn't mean everyone else has to join you. Andy is doing this all on tv, on his own platform. Its fun and entertaining, and at least he's actually good at it.

by Anonymousreply 192December 4, 2016 8:48 PM

Kathy just has a terrible face and voice. Her hair is also strange. She can never get the color quite right or the weave to match her natural hair texture. I do love her though. I'll sit through her stand-up and interviews, but she panders to the camera too much for a talk show and that's saying a lot since it's part of the job.

by Anonymousreply 193December 4, 2016 8:48 PM

Something about Kathy just always seems desperate. Even though she's mad funny at times their is underlying gawkiness thats always there. And not in a loveable sort of way. Some people either have charisma or don't.

by Anonymousreply 194December 4, 2016 8:51 PM

R193 Kathy is a comedian and she is well aware that her appearance limits her marketability. She has written about it and has some pathos about it but took a cue from Joan "No Man Ever Called Me Beautiful" Rivers and used her intelligence and her pain to make money making people laugh. She is smart and talented. Her voice annoys me, too, as does her muggig at the camera constsantly in the middle of conversations like a toddler beauty pageant contestant. But I respect her. Her wit is sharp and she overcame every obstacle in a cutthroat business and ended up being liked by almost everyone she ever made fun of. All to her credit.

by Anonymousreply 195December 4, 2016 8:54 PM

Do any of you actually laugh when Kathy talks about her mother? I'm trying to figure out who the target market is for that stale shit.

by Anonymousreply 196December 4, 2016 8:56 PM

R196 I've seen her live show and when she brings up her mom everyone roars and screams and applauds. Those stories kind of bug me but I think they are probably more intended to humanize Kathy and make people realize she's a jokester and not just a super bitch who hates famous people: she makes fun of herself, her beloved mother, her dogs. It serves the purpose of saying "I'm just having fun here, people; don't take anything I say seriously."

by Anonymousreply 197December 4, 2016 9:01 PM

R196 There are a lot of hilarious comedians who tell funny jokes from beginning to the end of their sets, but they never really get personal. They are just joke tellers. Kathy is now at the top of her audiences' minds when they think of stand-up comics, in part because we know so much about her and have affection for her (even if she is annoying) because of it.

by Anonymousreply 198December 4, 2016 9:03 PM

But it's fake. Her mother does not talk like that.

by Anonymousreply 199December 4, 2016 9:30 PM

R199 Right, it's comedy, not objective investigative journalism.

by Anonymousreply 200December 4, 2016 9:33 PM

Ahem, R191. Anderson IS whiter than white. He is eye of newt white. And he does like black dick, but not as much as he loves Rafael Alencar and his brazilian getaway;)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 201December 4, 2016 9:35 PM

Andy Cohen visits Anderson Cooper in Warm Springs GA. Cooper is bloodless white, albino boy. Only one whiter is Don Lemon.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 202December 4, 2016 9:38 PM

R201 Kelly is spray tanned. She'd be as white as AC without the airbrushing and bronzer. Rafael Alencar? Ugh. He is incredible unattractive to me, and a cock that big can only hurt. R202 Vanessa, Andy admits to being tanorexic. Plus he's Jewish and would be naturally darker than Anderson. Half of Andy's dog is whiter than Anderson.

by Anonymousreply 203December 4, 2016 9:40 PM

Dakota Fanny is paler.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 204December 4, 2016 9:42 PM

Anderson wishes he were made of the marshmallow and porcelain that make up Evan Rachel Wood.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 205December 4, 2016 9:44 PM

[quote]Right, it's comedy, not objective investigative journalism.

But…it's not funny. And it's not true. So what's the point?

by Anonymousreply 206December 4, 2016 9:45 PM

They probably don't talk about Don Lemon because Don really knows what huge bitches all these people are.

by Anonymousreply 207December 4, 2016 9:46 PM

I only report the facts, I'm not here to judge R203. Anderson has been a client of Alencar for years, but may have traded for someone younger by now. Rafael is gross in every way but a pro through and through. It's too bad that large cocks hurt you. You should stay alone. Anderson's love of not too dark black men and South American men is well known. Not dominicans and not American latinos. Anderson is specific.

Anderson is WHITE. Some of us live in NYC and are under 50 and sometimes meet people. When Cooper blushes he achieves pale. He is white skinned with blue veins. When he's drunk, he gets ruddy in a blotchy kind of way.

by Anonymousreply 208December 4, 2016 9:48 PM

Eww, Alencar is indeed disgusting. That's a guy who should NEVER speak. And he went way too big with the ridiculous ass implants that he denies having had. I could go on rentmen right now and find 30 guys hotter than that wreck.

by Anonymousreply 209December 4, 2016 9:52 PM

R207 I have met Don. Don is insufferable. You don't have to take my word for it: Read the GQ profile of him in which the author said he (incorrectly, condescendingly, insistently) corrected her pronunciation of sorbet and asked the photographer if he takes nudes. I'd rather hear Andy brag about all the cocaine lodged in his sinus cavities than share a building with Don.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 210December 4, 2016 9:52 PM

r210, I know he's insufferable but so is Andy Cohen! At least Don doesn't go around talking about being a whore.

by Anonymousreply 211December 4, 2016 9:57 PM

R211 Don told a woman who claimed Bill Cosby raped her that she could have avoided it by biting his cock. I would rather spend an hour with a self-loathing meth whore in his creepy clubhouse than at a hotel bar with Don Lemon.

by Anonymousreply 212December 4, 2016 9:59 PM

AC does indeed like black men. He got fucked by an acquaintance of mine who became a minor gay celebrity a few years back by making history. That's over for him now. He had bad management and crashed and burned. Not Michael Sam.

I've met Don multiple times. I'm a new media reporter-type in NYC. Don is nice once he's met you more than once.

I haven't met AC yet. I'm sure I will eventually. It'll be interesting to see how he reacts to me. I've been at and on CNN multiple times and may be more of a regular there in the future.

by Anonymousreply 213December 4, 2016 10:18 PM

BBC yea you know me!

by Anonymousreply 214December 4, 2016 10:23 PM

Hmm, I wonder who R213 is talking about!

by Anonymousreply 215December 4, 2016 10:27 PM

Don Lemon gets sloppy drunk on the NYE shows. Kathy prods him to get say outrageous stuff. She rode bitchy Poppy Harlow hard last year.

Anderson and Kathy better be back with their NYE show, or NYE is officially cancelled this year.

by Anonymousreply 216December 4, 2016 10:27 PM

I sort of like Anderson, but he looks so much like my ex that it's sort of off-putting.

by Anonymousreply 217December 4, 2016 10:32 PM

R213 Does Don (as rumored) only hook up with white men?

by Anonymousreply 218December 4, 2016 10:37 PM

R217 I tried to like him when he suddenly became the It Girl, but first I was annoyed that he was so gay and so closeted, and then after he came out I realized he has the personality of a clammy used paper towel and can't get past it. Now with the Andy Cohen BFF thing I know he is totally fake on top of being a cowardly bore? No thanks.

by Anonymousreply 219December 4, 2016 10:38 PM

[quote] It's too bad that large cocks hurt you. You should stay alone

Lol, you and your prolapsed ass have issues.

What, you don't enjoy getting stretched out by huge dicks, then be alone I say!!!

Luckily big dicks are rare, it's rarely even an issue when you aren't seeking out hung whores.Though I lean towards topping more than bottoming anyway.

It takes all types. Not all gay men are like you and Cooper obsessed with getting your ass turn apart by horse hung guys.

by Anonymousreply 220December 4, 2016 10:44 PM

The one time I met Don he didn't say "I only like white men," but he asked me if I am attracted to black guys, lifted his shirt and asked if he is fat, and told me he is semi-seeing a hot white guy in New York. Can't say if he exclusively dates white guys but I got a really weird vibe from his obvious personal complex about race. I can't blame him for that now that post-Ferguson I really have some sense of how fucked up life for black people in this country is, but it still seems strange and frankly sad that this news anchor from CNN who had people swarming and asking for his autograph was so insecure about his appearance to me, and I would guess based on his comments and based on the fact that I am nothing special to look at that the insecurity had everything to do with our ethnicities. He also at least a half dozen times pointed to Serena Williams on the TV and told me he would tap that big fat ass. It was such a confused barrage of personal messages. When he told the rape victim on his show she should have bitten Cosby's dick I was appalled but I also thought "Jesus, this guy has SERIOUS issues."

by Anonymousreply 221December 4, 2016 10:45 PM

I am the guy who finds Alencar's monster cock unappealing. It's too big for me. Way too big. Yes, it would hurt me. I have a delicate build and I suppose I may have small interior channels to match my skinny wrists and fingers. It's just the way it is. There's enough demand for unnaturally gigantic penises and breasts that I think there is room in this world for a few people who think just average is just perfect.

by Anonymousreply 222December 4, 2016 10:49 PM

I'm a black top, R220. My beautiful ass has been fucked less than 5 times in my 38 years. I told you I was just here to report but you had to take offence to what men like and do. Cooper is interested in size. Sorry if that spoils your crush on him. Truth is many black men like proper white whores with smooth skin. That offend you too?

by Anonymousreply 223December 4, 2016 10:57 PM

You literally said if you don't like big dicks you should be alone dude. You are the one that seems to get offended by what other people do.

Anyway, no need to derail this thread.

by Anonymousreply 224December 4, 2016 11:05 PM

R223 I don't think his reply was meant to be (or seemed to be IMO) racially oriented in any way. He was saying that your comment that guys who can't physically enjoy giant penises "should stay alone" was over the top, and he replied in kind with an over the top response--about exaggerated giant dicks, not about anyone's ethnicity.

by Anonymousreply 225December 4, 2016 11:06 PM

Kathy Griffin is an amazing humanitarian compared to Andy Cohen.

by Anonymousreply 226December 4, 2016 11:11 PM

Since this thread about Andy Cohen, Kathy Griffin, Anderson Cooper and Don Lemon has turned into an argument over big dicks, let's rank their package sizes based on our best guesses.

By length: Cooper, Cohen, Lemon, Griffin.

By girth: Lemon, Cohen, Cooper, Griffith.

Balls: Griffin, Lemon, Cohen, Cooper.

by Anonymousreply 227December 4, 2016 11:13 PM

R226 Seriously. Andy shows up at AMFAR galas to have his picture taken and creates false narratives on his Housewives shows to tempt Kim Richards into addiction and then exploit it for ratings, to show Yolanda Foster's struggle to figure out what is making her sick for two seasons and then create a false narrative that she is a nutjob with Munchausen's, to get viewers questioning whether their friends with cancer are faking it, and now he's introduced a "does she or doesn't she have lupus?" storyline to the OC housewives series that he is certain to turn on the woman who is allegedly sick. He even exploited a fucking suicide for ratings. The man is a serious trashbag of a person.

Meanwhile, Kathy Griffin is consistently accused of exploiting LGBT people who are her fan base as she does volunteer work with countless LGBT organizations, and not for publicity. She knows Matthew Shepard's mother personally and she cares very much about equality and acceptance of all people.

by Anonymousreply 228December 4, 2016 11:21 PM

dl and its constant white privilege delusions, so pathetic, dangerous, manipulative and dumb; so tired of gays always hating on other discriminated groups, and it's much less of a problem to be black than to be gay.

by Anonymousreply 229December 4, 2016 11:34 PM

meant to r221

by Anonymousreply 230December 4, 2016 11:35 PM

[quote]Lol, you and your prolapsed ass have issues.

Not a reasonable response to my post. Old bitches are insecure and so much. Big dicks exist outside of your computer screen and handsome hung black men are desired everywhere. What you do with your holes don't interest anyone and can cause distress. The days of sublimating younger men and PoC on DL are over. DL may die but it won't die racist and calling women cunts. Word.

by Anonymousreply 231December 5, 2016 12:26 AM

R213 are you talking about Jason Collins?

by Anonymousreply 232December 5, 2016 2:00 AM

What happened to Inside The Actor's Theater, by the time I finally got Bravo they don't show it anymore

by Anonymousreply 233December 5, 2016 3:44 AM

R231 is off her meds.

by Anonymousreply 234December 6, 2016 3:25 AM

issues

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 235December 6, 2016 4:37 AM

R235 wow that Scott Evans guy is gorgeous...my gaydar went off too with him

by Anonymousreply 236December 6, 2016 7:34 AM

Enough with this putz He is a substitute teacher who views himself as a tenured Professor.

by Anonymousreply 237December 6, 2016 7:30 PM

Cohen was on the View today and they asked him about list of people who might be in the book. Kathy was asked about and he said that he didn't remember if he mentioned her in the book or not. He was not convincing. I think it was Joy trying to stir the pot but he didn't bite.

by Anonymousreply 238December 6, 2016 11:01 PM

According to my DVR, "author Andy Cohen" was on The View today.

Sorry, Salman Rushdie, you're bumped till tomorrow. We've got a REAL author here!

by Anonymousreply 239December 6, 2016 11:10 PM

Queen Latifah was also on The View today. She is 46. Andy is 48. She looks 20 years younger.

by Anonymousreply 240December 7, 2016 12:15 AM

[quote] WHY WE GOTTA CRACK, YO?

?

by Anonymousreply 241December 7, 2016 12:19 AM

R241 White people get old and crusty. Black don't crack.

by Anonymousreply 242December 7, 2016 12:20 AM

Andy said his boyfriend is 29 and his mom said the kid is too old for Andy. HAR HAR HAR.

I hate him. He is never going to become a man.

by Anonymousreply 243December 7, 2016 12:26 AM

243, That is Bullshit. I'm sure his parents like that he's famous but cringe from him. He once quoted his mother talking about "bottoms" which another failed attempt at wit by the hood ornament sized Andy

by Anonymousreply 244December 7, 2016 12:29 AM

He has tried to make his mom funny and famous like his new nemesis Kathy Griffin and has failed even more miserably than Kathy did. But he has said that his mother asked him never to do Bill Maher's show because "you're too dumb." And she is right after all. Sad that Anderson Cooper has tarnished his image with this old slutbag.

by Anonymousreply 245December 7, 2016 12:33 AM

I bet Andy could do a mean Cookie Monster impression. He's already got the eyes down.

by Anonymousreply 246December 7, 2016 12:35 AM

either his bf likes the idea of being with someone famous and reasonably connected (a lot of freebies, line cutting at restaurants, meeting celebs etc) or he'll leave Andy as Andy continues to get older and look worse.

Andy didn't look so old until a few years ago when all his excessive tanning, pot use and boozing caught up with him. Does he smoke cigs too?

by Anonymousreply 247December 7, 2016 12:37 AM

somebody up above did a search on his book and found little mention of Kathy.

Her book has zero mention of him.

by Anonymousreply 248December 7, 2016 12:56 AM

Sunday night on WWHL Andrew asked the control room what they were smoking and to "save some for me for after the show." Drug addict.

On Monday, he asked 2 shirtless male bartenders holding puppies if they were up for adoption - the men, not the puppies. Whore.

by Anonymousreply 249December 7, 2016 1:31 AM

R249 It's not cute at all. Gross and sad. I'm sure his boyfriend is proud.

by Anonymousreply 250December 7, 2016 1:35 AM

R250 I'm sure his boyfriend is on meth and using him.

by Anonymousreply 251December 7, 2016 1:36 AM

It is odd how he is so proud of his dependence on pot and alcohol.

by Anonymousreply 252December 7, 2016 1:37 AM

R252 He is an actual 14 year-old drama club girl trapped in an post middle-aged man's body. He said on The View that when he met his bf he asked him what kind of guys he's into (what 48 year old doesn't lead with that?) and the guy said he likes men who are "fattractive"--attractive and "a little fat." And Andy said "that's me!"

by Anonymousreply 253December 7, 2016 1:48 AM

I just think it's funny how a gossip kween like Andy suddenly wants his relationship to be kept private. I mean he's not so famous and popular that people would be trying to break them up. Shockingly there are a lot of young twink Bravo fans who lust after them but I certainly don't (and I'm a millennial).

by Anonymousreply 254December 7, 2016 1:51 AM

R254 He is probably faking a relationship to make guys think he is a challenge. Like when a girl sends herself roses in the office.

by Anonymousreply 255December 7, 2016 1:52 AM

So unbecoming.

by Anonymousreply 256December 7, 2016 2:00 AM

Lol you guys are OBSESSED.

by Anonymousreply 257December 7, 2016 5:14 AM

r257 has posted 8 times and yet thinks others are obsessed.

by Anonymousreply 258December 7, 2016 5:20 AM

Posting 8 times in a thread means I'm obsessed? Watching his show and then coming back to complain and snark about everything he does is obsessive. If you hate him then why do you follow his every move? I've never seen one episode of The Kardashians because they're useless cunts.

by Anonymousreply 259December 7, 2016 6:45 AM

r259 is a deep thinker

by Anonymousreply 260December 7, 2016 6:50 AM

It's called common sense, cunt. Ignore what you don't like. Why are you whining like little bitches about his lifestyle? Jealous? Bored? You keep reminding us that he's not a celebrity, but he's a DL fav. The straw that broke the camel's back is the post a few upthread who is incensed that he made a weed joke. I never!

by Anonymousreply 261December 7, 2016 6:54 AM

r261-complete and total idiot

by Anonymousreply 262December 7, 2016 7:12 AM

Uh huh. What else would you like to contribute about Andy Cohen? I'm sure you were all over his Instagram today.

by Anonymousreply 263December 7, 2016 7:22 AM

I personally admire Andy Cohen. First of all, he doesn't age. Not only is his spirit youthful but he basically looks like he is 23 years old--and he hasn't even had any work done! Second, he is a genius who reinvented television. He is smart enough to have been a physicist, but for what? Instead of wasting time in a lab he has contributed joy to the world and made life better for millions of viewers! Third, you can accurately judge a person's worth and goodness by the company he keeps and celebrities, practically all of them, flock to Andy. They all want to know him. All of them. But he is selective and only accepts those who are genuine and who have big hearts into his inner circle--Kelly, Mark, SJP, Nene, Vicki, Bethenny. Salt of the Earth people. Finally, Andy makes a shit ton of money and as the Puritans taught us, that means God himself favors him. In fact, sometimes when I am around Andy I get this glowing ecstatic feeling that he may actually be God. Sounds crazy but if you met him you would understand. In short, Andy Cohen is the closest-to-perfect human being you could ever hope to meet, and whether you see him open his legs in a gym sauna or see tickets on sale for the AC2 tour, you should not pass up an opportunity to let his light shine on you. Remember that light inside the briefcase in Pulp Fiction? That was only part of what He is capable of.

If you want to see more of Andy, VIP Atlantic City tickets are still available for the low low price of $350! Buy now!!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 264December 7, 2016 9:31 AM

[quote]You keep reminding us that he's not a celebrity, but he's a DL fav.

He's only a DL fave in the sense that Milo Yiannopoulos is - a favorite object of derision and ridicule.

by Anonymousreply 265December 7, 2016 9:49 AM

R265 Are there any DL faves who aren't favorites because of the joy we get from mocking them? I mean, the cockgoblin...!

by Anonymousreply 266December 7, 2016 9:52 AM

I bought Kathy's new book and it was a little disappointing. It mostly rehashes mutual admiration society encounters with various socialites and A-Listers who only started paying attention to her when she hit the big time a few years back. That said, there's some juicy stories about Anna Kendrick and Ashton Kutcher, and she's one of the first people to admit (in code) that Ellen is one of the most notorious cunts in all of Hollywood.

I have no interest in even leafing through Cohen's memoir at the bookstore.

by Anonymousreply 267December 7, 2016 10:45 AM

R267 I've only recently heard that Ellen is horrible. I don't want to know this! Why can't we have just ONE kind and genuine person in Hollywood? Ughhhh.

On the other hand, it shouldn't surprise me. Remember when Rosie was the daytime queen and she was known as "the queen of nice" in the 90s? She turned out to be an unstable semipsycho, and Ellen took over the "queen of nice" market space. Oprah's narcissism can make her hard to watch, but one thing I like about her is that her personality is full of flaws: she was an unapologetic, horrible, cruel person to James Frey and she can be really judgmental and in a way I like that because it feels authentic. Ellen really does come across as too good go be true.

by Anonymousreply 268December 7, 2016 10:51 AM

Jewish gays usually go with other Jewish boys, or wealthy ones will sometimes go with Aryans as a sexual status symbol. Andy has always had the hots for Nordic-looking guys, such as Fredrik Eklund's blonde husband.

I'm curious to know what his boyfriend looks like. Since they're 20 years apart, it's purely a sexual thing on Andy's part, so I'm going with Aryan.

by Anonymousreply 269December 7, 2016 4:00 PM

R269 I'm not sure it's purely sexual for Andy. His intellectual development is delayed at least 20 years. That's probably what his mother meant in telling him the guy is too old. He needs a 21 year-old stoner if he is going to connect intellectually with anyone.

by Anonymousreply 270December 7, 2016 4:15 PM

Is Andy's BF still the Harvard PHD student?

by Anonymousreply 271December 7, 2016 4:36 PM

This guy

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 272December 7, 2016 4:40 PM

[quote]I bought Kathy's new book

Shame on you. Did you save the receipt? Can you take it back?

by Anonymousreply 273December 7, 2016 5:20 PM

Kathy Griffin's ONLY fanbase, and I do mean only, are camp-loving gay men, most of them over the age of 55 who're attempting to relive their circuit party days, and middle aged women who find her humor "edgy".

She's tired, over and her shtick ran its course many years ago. Oh, and there was also all that "my gays! my gays!" bullshit, hanging out with a closeted Anderson Cooper, etc. Now, has anyone seen her mention anything about everyday gay people, or everyday people for that matter?

She also strikes me as someone who lives on the edge where money goes in order to keep up appearances of being wealthy and "famous".

by Anonymousreply 274December 7, 2016 5:30 PM

r240, Queen looks great for her age but 20 years younger, come on that's a bit of a stretch.

by Anonymousreply 275December 7, 2016 5:36 PM

I don't intend to read the book but I did see Kathy complaining about Ellen on Hollywood Access.

Kathy roped in St. Joan to complain that Ellen doesn't support older female comedians. According to Kathy, it has nothing to do with her own toxic personality, it's all about jealousy or misogyny or ageism or a combo of those issues.

Ellen may be a monster but all Kathy cares about is money and how exposure on Ellen's show will sell books. I wouldn't be surprised if Ellen ignores Kathy simply because she's not a fan or because Kathy hurt the feelings of one of her friends. Kathy should be a big girl and realize that not everyone thinks her insult comedy is charming.

by Anonymousreply 276December 7, 2016 5:43 PM

LOL R134.

Despite everything, I believe that people are really good at heart.

by Anonymousreply 277December 7, 2016 6:23 PM

[quote]Is Andy's BF still the Harvard PHD student?

Was he really dating a PhD student at Harvard? I can't imagine what a vapid man-child like Andy Cohen and an intellectual would have in common.

by Anonymousreply 278December 7, 2016 6:34 PM

Kathy _was_ on Ellen once. And then she wasn't on anymore. Like a poster said maybe Kathy pissed off someone close to Ellen, who knows. It's ridiculous. If Ellen can get her ass on Howard freaking Stern after all the truly, actual horrible things Stern shouted against her for years on the air, and it was some revolting shit, she can get Kathy on her show. Come on.

by Anonymousreply 279December 7, 2016 6:57 PM

Kathy trashed Ellen's wife Portia when she was on Ally McBeal about her rail thin frame. She said they were just "jokes". Portia said they were at "her expense".

All of the high minded claptrap Kathy spewed out after "leaving:" Fashion Police was so false.

Say what you want about Lady Cohen but he was the first to call her out about them.

by Anonymousreply 280December 7, 2016 7:12 PM

Trandy and Kathy share in the fact that they are both shameless sycophants who ride the coattails of actual celebrities (as well as reality TV dipshits) to get exposure for themselves. I guess they are just too similar to get along.

by Anonymousreply 281December 7, 2016 7:40 PM

I don't trust any woman that loves gay people that much, but constantly professes how straight they are. It's weird. I still can't help being a fan. Where else will I find stand-up that talks about trash tv?

by Anonymousreply 282December 7, 2016 9:23 PM

R124 Perfect fucking post.

by Anonymousreply 283December 7, 2016 9:48 PM

Kathy left Fashion Police because she wasn't good at it. its hard to be funny, and bitchy making fun of celeb award show wardrobes when you can't dress yourself.

by Anonymousreply 284December 7, 2016 11:27 PM

She doesn't have the spitfire wit that Joan had.

by Anonymousreply 285December 8, 2016 12:10 AM

Kathy had a ghost writer on her book. (which she admits)

The book reads like he had a formula. Every entry kind of has the same structure and tone. Most are pretty positive interactions and what she learned form knowing the person.

It does get a little tiresome and there are only a few times where she really goes after people.

by Anonymousreply 286December 8, 2016 1:11 AM

NO ONE writes a book by herself.

by Anonymousreply 287December 8, 2016 1:15 AM

Actually, I remember Kathy on E interviewing celebs on the red carpet back when Ally McBeal was still on the air. Kathy was talking about "all the skinny bitches" on the show and asked Portia "How does it feel to be basically the fat cow of the bunch?"

I'm surprised she even made it to Ellen's show.

Meanwhile, E dumped Kathy after that, but the Portia thing was only one of many things she said to piss off celebs. I thought she was permanently banned from E until the Fashion Police gig.

by Anonymousreply 288December 8, 2016 10:16 AM

Has anybody noticed that Andy Cohen used to have guests like Oprah and Cher and now it's 90 percent his friends and disgusting Vanderpigs, and occasional C-list celebs hawking their books?

by Anonymousreply 289December 8, 2016 10:39 AM

The audio version of Kathy's book is great, it sounds like an uninterrupted interview and she cracks up all the time-- and I wonder if she doesn't ad lib a lot because it sounds like her standup act. I am ashamed to say I downloaded it via torrent but I might buy it in the end though to support her. I've been listening to it while working and am not done, it's 8+ hours long (!)

by Anonymousreply 290December 8, 2016 2:36 PM

r289, you're reaching. That base is who he started with. I'm sure O will gladly come back. And he still routinely has A-listers so wtf is your point?

by Anonymousreply 291December 8, 2016 4:09 PM

[quote]Has anybody noticed that Andy Cohen used to have guests like Oprah and Cher and now it's 90 percent his friends and disgusting Vanderpigs, and occasional C-list celebs hawking their books?

Haven't noticed, because I stopped watching his show years ago.

by Anonymousreply 292December 8, 2016 4:11 PM

Any way you could send it to me, R290? I'm not concerned with supporting her. She's doing just fine.

by Anonymousreply 293December 8, 2016 4:12 PM

[quote]Anderson's love of not too dark black men

I guess this explains why AC was not attracted to Van Jones (who has a delicious dark chocolate skin tone). AC apparently only goes for the high-yellows.

by Anonymousreply 294December 8, 2016 11:34 PM

Do you know how to download via torrent r293 ? If so the link is below.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 295December 8, 2016 11:43 PM

Andy is very wrinkled for his age. I bet he mentioned being a sun worshiper to deflect from the real cause cause - booze.

by Anonymousreply 296December 9, 2016 12:29 AM

Thanks, R295!

by Anonymousreply 297December 9, 2016 12:31 AM

Ms. Cohen with makeup

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 298December 9, 2016 2:19 AM

Without

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 299December 9, 2016 2:19 AM

oh, sweetie

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 300December 9, 2016 2:22 AM

Andy had skin cancer recently.

[quote]. I'm sure O will gladly come back.

I doubt it. She seemed really hurt and ambushed when he asked her if she swam in the lady pond.

by Anonymousreply 301December 9, 2016 2:25 AM

As would any fucking ADULT, 301.

He's grotesque.

by Anonymousreply 302December 9, 2016 2:28 AM

I don't know if Andy is unusually wrinkled for someone his age. He is almost 50 and obviously doesn't do any cosmetic procedures...but yes, the tanning and heavy drinking can't help at all. He seems to like looking scary, though. If you look at his Instagram, he seems to post a few types of pictures: professional WWHL studio pics, professional portraits, starfucker selfies (usually with Anderson Cooper), lonely boy-and-his dog selfies, and then...really creepy unflattering self portraits, often during vacations, when he grows out a creepy molestache and takes pictures looking like pedo Frankenstein in elevators, etc. He must be on something when he does that.

Oh, and then there was the one time he posted a picture of himself shaving that someone else obviously took and in the caption was hawking a razor. It was obviously a paid promotion and everyone called him out for the lame endorsement. He must have been paid well for it,

by Anonymousreply 303December 9, 2016 7:45 AM

I love Anderson Cooper because he is intelligent (he reads news other people write and wears glasses and has distinguished white trust-me hair!) and also down to earth (one-size-too-small tee shirts!). He's a newsman I know I can trust, if for no other reason than by the company he keeps!

by Anonymousreply 304December 9, 2016 7:49 AM

Dan Rather was on Watch What Happens Live last night...turns out he has an XM Radio show on the "Radio Andy" channel. Andy Cohen is Dan Rather's boss. THIS is how we end up with Donald Trump as president of the United States. Reality makes no sense.

by Anonymousreply 305December 9, 2016 8:31 AM

R296 imagine what the liver and lungs look like...

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 306December 9, 2016 10:20 AM

We should start a change.org petition to encourage Anderson, Sarah Jessica, and Kelly to stage an intervention on air. Maybe also Liam Neeson, Daniel Craig, and the others whose cocks he has grovelled for. He'd probably laugh the whole time and ask for sex and do a bunch of coke afterward.

by Anonymousreply 307December 9, 2016 10:24 AM

Kathy acts like an attention-starved teenage girl on her social media. The very first time she hung out with Cher, she runs around Cher's house snapping pictures and tweeting them out to make sure everyone knows about it. It actually makes me think less of Cher that she'd be friends with someone that thirsty. You'd think celebs would be able to spot 'her type' a million miles away and steer clear. I envision Kathy following Cher around her mansion like one of those annoying, clingy, ankle-biting dogs. Kick her away, Cher! She's a starfucker.

by Anonymousreply 308December 9, 2016 10:55 AM

Andy Cohen says he wants to eat Bieber's "adult-sized penis." Anderson Cooper, you will never overcome the filth of your associations. This man is gross.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 309December 10, 2016 1:15 AM

So - questions abound in this thread. Lets start with Cohen and Bravo. He was forced to step down. There was too much resentment at Bravo because Cohen was taking credit for the Housewives and defacto success of Bravo. People began to refer to Cohen as the boss and he never corrected them. Bravo and Cohen came to an agreement. He would continue to host WWHL, get exec producer credit on all and future housewive shows and first look rights at any show produced by his production company (which has produced nothing).

On to Kathy and Andy. Andy was trying to land a talk show with Joan Rivers before she died. KG is well known to have been good friends with Kathy. The scuttle butt was that Kathy was trying to horn in on that - which honestly I would rather see a show with Kathy and Joan than Andy and Joan. So when Kathy was offered Fashion Police, it is rumored that Cohen was the one who started the rumor that Kathy was trying to get the job before Joan's body was cold. That was Andy's payback for Kathy trying to ice him out of the Joan talk show. E and Bravo are sister networks and Andy got Brad Goreski his job on FP through Melissa. Kathy felt like she was not being backed up by Melissa and could not deal with Guliana and Kelly so she bolted.

Cohen personally is horribly vain. He is 50 but says he is 48, is maybe 5'4" and says he is 5'9" (he wears lifts in his shoes) claims to be a power top when it is well known he is not. He is a celebrity suck ass on the highest order.

by Anonymousreply 310December 10, 2016 2:20 AM

"Joan didn't have a bad bone in her body"

Unlike you, who was trying to get her job while she still lie in a coma. Well congrats, Kathy--you got it!

by Anonymousreply 311December 10, 2016 2:39 AM

R310 the bad blood between Kathy Griffin and Bravo started when her late night show flopped. I don't know how that affected her relationship with Andy but she stopped appearing on WWHL after her show was axed. Previously she appeared on there regularly thanks to the success of her Life on the D-list hit reality show.

by Anonymousreply 312December 10, 2016 2:43 AM

R309 he really is disgusting. He's a pig and I'd love to know about his bf because I certainly wouldn't want my bf going around talking like that and I'm around Andy's bf's age.

by Anonymousreply 313December 10, 2016 2:44 AM

Keep up the good work Andy of perpetuating the notion that gay men are creepy, hypersexed people with pedo tendencies.

by Anonymousreply 314December 10, 2016 2:57 AM

[quote]Anderson's love of not too dark black men and South American men is well known. Not dominicans and not American latinos. Anderson is specific.

What's Anderson got against American latino men? Is he a Trump supporter?

by Anonymousreply 315December 10, 2016 4:02 AM

What the fuck does "adult sized penis" mean? Bieber is 22, which is too young for a 50 year-old--meaning that no sane 50 year-old should even have the patience to be around someone that young in a romantic way--but Cohen's comment makes it sound like he thinks Bieber is not an adult and yet he would have sex with him anyway. Cohen also said in that interview that he has seen Bieber's cock in the leaked pictures and that Bieber is "pretty." It really does make him sound like an old molester.

Everything about the dude gives me bad vibes nowadays. All the accusations against Trump, both the language and the groping, Cohen gleefully exhibits constantly. Yet somehow the public perception of him isn't "creepy old man who sexually harasses young jocks on live TV." He drinks constantly and talks on the air constantly about weed and cocaine. When he is on hiatus he posts seriously creepy photos of himself with a child molestor mustache in short shorts to instagram. He posts bizarre multi-character Snapchat video conversations, all by himself with weird voices who he calls Lindsey and other names. He talks about pass-around-party-bottoms gleefully, which makes me feel certain (especially with the coke and pot references) the dude is into meth-fueled orgies. Call me hysterial, but I really hope those don't involve minors. This dude seems to be in a tailspin. The longer he is around the more his inhibitions seem to be waning and the more he is revealing some really questionable character traits.

The only question I have is how does Anderson Cooper fit into Cohen's seemingly tragic life? Is he into barely legal/underaged guys, too? Is he a closeted addict? There has got to be some personal connection; a random pairing like those two who seem to have nothing in common isn't really random. They got together and decided they want to charge gullible fans hundreds of bucks a piece to fund their national tour, during which they spend all their time together. So who is the real Anderson Cooper?

by Anonymousreply 316December 10, 2016 9:59 AM

If you're on Instagram check out Andy's video updates before they disappear. He posted from a taxi after his book signing last night and called NYC "the crossroads of mother fuckin' America" and then two videos of his dog ignoring a Madonna concert on TV, and he appears to be alone and his words are slurred. "Zhizz mind is his zizmind izz ELSEwhere isz what I want you to know." I have a feeling Andy Cohen is going to OD live on social media one day. And if he does, he will die happy and consider it evidence that he is the reincarnation of Andy Warhol.

by Anonymousreply 317December 10, 2016 10:06 AM

Kelly is a good friend and a good person.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 318December 10, 2016 12:17 PM

I'm sure, Andy/R318, I'm sure.

by Anonymousreply 319December 10, 2016 12:36 PM

R318 is right. Kelly will stand by her friend Andy until the end, or until I divorce her and write my tell all about how she got all my meth and my faithfully confidential manwhores from Andy like a good, loyal wifey.

by Anonymousreply 320December 10, 2016 1:06 PM

Disgusting poll time! If Andy has a nice girthy cock and low hangers, would you suck it?

If not, would you let him suck you?

by Anonymousreply 321December 10, 2016 6:04 PM

R318 Disgusting, I wonder what Andy would do if he was left alone with Kelly's sons.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 322December 10, 2016 6:12 PM

So it's disgusting for a 50 year old to lust after a 22 year old? I agree, but what's up with the endless threads on datalounge with old men lusting after barely legal celebrities?

by Anonymousreply 323December 10, 2016 6:15 PM

R322 First he would inspect for "adult-sized penises," and then he would proceed as planned.

by Anonymousreply 324December 10, 2016 6:15 PM

He obviously meant that the guy has a normal dick with that reference and not one that looks "underdeveloped" i.e. SMALL.

by Anonymousreply 325December 10, 2016 6:16 PM

R323 It's normal, and inevitable, for a 50 year old man or woman to notice an attractive 22 year old and feel a little lusty. Some would argue it's expected for wealthy old men to covet and take trophy partners to use and to parade around. In my opinion it doesn't speak well of any 50 year-old adult to actually seek out and really enjoy the company of a 22 year-old. They live in different worlds. And a 50 year old man talking about a "pretty" 22 year-old with an "adult-sized penis" is lecherous, particulaly when we already know the man is an oversexed, opportunistic and possibly predatory addict.

by Anonymousreply 326December 10, 2016 6:20 PM

So you're saying it's okay when there's no chance of ever having him? i.e. The lonely hearts club here.

by Anonymousreply 327December 10, 2016 6:23 PM

R327 Can you fill your lonely heart with a peer with whom you share a biological maturity and pop culture references? Or can your lonely heart only be satisfied with a college kid who idolizes Taylor Swift and still wears footed pajamas?

by Anonymousreply 328December 10, 2016 6:26 PM

Noted on Scruff: "Glass-eyed and dentured nelly top. Available for NSA hookups. parTy friendly. Expert brown noser and ass sniffer. Discretion a must!"

by Anonymousreply 329December 10, 2016 7:00 PM

ad reads "most talkative *(hint hint) stud looking for hook up. Mid (cough) 40's but can pass for 29. Power top looking to watch what happens live with you! Bravo if you respond!

by Anonymousreply 330December 12, 2016 3:04 AM

Andy is a silly self important cunt who uses people as stepping stones. He used Bruce Bozzi, Anderson Cooper, and Sarah Jessica Parker to meet people who could help him. He also used Jessica Seinfeld to get close to Jerry who opened many, many doors for Andy.

by Anonymousreply 331March 10, 2017 1:20 AM

What doors did Jerry Seinfeld open for him?

by Anonymousreply 332March 10, 2017 1:22 AM

Jerry opened a little door called NBC Universal for Andy. He madw them over Billion dollars from Seinfeld. They still take his calls and listen to him.

by Anonymousreply 333March 10, 2017 1:34 AM

NBC Universal owns Bravo

by Anonymousreply 334March 10, 2017 1:34 AM

He had the job on Bravo long before he befriended Jess Seinfeld

by Anonymousreply 335March 10, 2017 1:35 AM

A lot of people had jobs at Bravo. He used Jessica to get Jerry to help him move up. He was originally a producer at CBS

by Anonymousreply 336March 10, 2017 1:37 AM

This is horrible for her, given how incredibly powerful he is and how everyone ever wants to appear on his TV show and his network!!!

by Anonymousreply 337March 10, 2017 1:38 AM

r336 is making stuff up.

Andy already had his show when he met the Seinfelds.

by Anonymousreply 338March 10, 2017 1:41 AM

Andrew, AKA 338, You need to be less obvious,

by Anonymousreply 339March 10, 2017 1:42 AM

Bravo started as a subscription Cable channel and mostly showed art house films and performance art. NBC Universal aquired it and swithced its focus from art house to reality tv. It had huge success with Queer Eye for the Straight Guy and Project Runway. Cohen - left CBS to become a programming exec at TRIO. When Bravo bought Trio - Cohen came along with it. Cohen joined bravo in 2004. Queer Eye and Project Runway both started before he got there so he had nothing to do with their success. Cohen had nothing to do with the inital success of the Real Housewives either. The first season of OC, the reunion was in Vicki's back yard with no host. The second season - they decided to move it to a studio and to save money had Cohen host it. It was called a Watch What Happens Special. The housewives took to Cohen and he became the defacto contact at Bravo. Cohen quickly became THE guy associated with all things housewives and when it was assumed Cohen was responsible for all the success he just accepted it and never corrected anyone. This lead to A LOT of animosity at Bravo with the other execs as well as production companies who actually shot, cast and sold the series to Bravo. Cohen would insert himself in their process. Payments, casting, storylines. Cohen felt he was the sucess behind Bravo and unfortunately for Bravo - he was the face of it with the success of his WWHL talk show. When they fired Cohen - it was publicly announced as him leaving to form a produciton company. He has yet to produce anything.

by Anonymousreply 340March 10, 2017 3:26 AM

I watched WWHL tonight with samuel jackson and whoever that blonde girl was... anyway Andy had really really red eyes , looked bad. I can never see him in the same light after a poster here said he just squats on toilet before getting plowed and does not clean before heading into the bedroom. The visual has changed him for me for ever...............a twink. age 54

by Anonymousreply 341March 10, 2017 4:36 AM

[quote]Andy had really really red eyes

Druggie, druggie, druggie.

And the worst part is he thinks it makes him "hip". You know, like high school-aged boys do.

by Anonymousreply 342March 10, 2017 10:18 AM

She watches Real Housewives but texts executive producer Andy Cohen with feedback. (She produces her phone from a black purse to recite her last mobile missive to him: “Please somehow get this to the Real Housewives of O.C.: Shannon, your mother-in-law is a dirty bastard and you are completely right. Meghan, you have got to stop apologizing—these women are better at arguing than you. Sincerely, Jennifer’s period.”)

Why is JLaw friends with him??

by Anonymousreply 343March 10, 2017 11:49 AM

Cohen looks jaundiced in R8's image.

by Anonymousreply 344March 10, 2017 12:49 PM

Kathy is SO over.

by Anonymousreply 345March 10, 2017 3:57 PM

doing instagram ads for ranch salad dressing.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 346March 13, 2017 1:27 AM

R340, yet now the show is called "watch what happens live with Andy Cohen. "New titles new graphics new set. He looks pretty solid over there at bravo

by Anonymousreply 347March 13, 2017 1:31 AM

Mean Girls

by Anonymousreply 348March 13, 2017 1:34 AM

The Cooper photo at R38 isso ugly, cunty, faggy, old nellie with a hag. If he weren't from a rich family, he'd be a Macy's clerk. Stupid and fugly.

Cohen is like a cunty seventh grader impressed with herself. she ruine Bravo, which was great when it started.

Always liked Griffin, but wouldn't pay to see her.

by Anonymousreply 349March 13, 2017 2:09 AM

r347 - It was always called WWHL with Andy Cohen. However, he was forced to change his Twitter handle from @bravoandy to just @andy. He was ousted from Bravo as an exec. They got a new set and new opening title credits. That is about it. Cohen has been lobbying hard for the Live with Kelly and....job. He has an out clause in his contract with Bravo. He wants out of Bravo. He tried with Radio Andy on Sirius, but all that turned out to be was an extension of Bravo and Bravo related stories. His goal was to showcase himself as a great interviewer. (He has Trudy and Sting on his Radio show and when they were on WWHL all he could do was talk about what a great interview it was on his radio show.). There were plans to have a "teach me your talent" show where Andy trained other Bravo celebs to host WWHL. Cohen's problem is no matter how hard Ripa campaigns for him, or he tries to distance himself from Bravo - he is nothing without it. He recently had on Cynthia Bailey and Ms. Lawerence (who is on Star on Fox now). When Lawrence mentioned he was at the Obama farewell party you screeched 'YOU WERE AT THAT PARTY??" almost in disbelief that a Bravo celeb was there and HE was not. You could see the disbelief on his face. You could hear the jealousy in his voice. This...this was Andy Cohen. All he cared about was someone got something he didn't.

by Anonymousreply 350March 14, 2017 11:05 PM

OMG, young actors should read r350's post as a monologue trying out for plays.

by Anonymousreply 351March 15, 2017 12:28 AM

Funny, R350, you can see some disbelief on Andy's face.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 352March 15, 2017 12:51 AM

Andy has issues too. He says he is not a bottom. What?!

by Anonymousreply 353March 15, 2017 12:59 AM

Look where a messed-up search function took me

So Andy trashed Kathy before she trashed him

by Anonymousreply 354March 17, 2019 10:59 PM

so weird reading the replies here. Seems like a different universe.

by Anonymousreply 355March 17, 2019 11:49 PM

What a difference 2 years make...

by Anonymousreply 356March 18, 2019 12:15 AM

Kathy should bequeath everything to Yashar Ali, he SAVED her.

by Anonymousreply 357March 18, 2019 12:20 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!