Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Disappointed in Rhonda Shear

Do any of you remember silly blonde bombshell Rhonda Shear? In the 80s she was one of the hosts of USA's Up All Night -- cheesy latenight movies with cheap little skits wrapped around the commercial breaks.

Well, apparently she has metastasized.

To my horror I discovered that she was one of those Trumpettes, notable (ha!) women who campaigned for Trump. How horrible!

She's also fat as a whale now. Serves her right. Any dish on her? I know Gilbert Gottfried, the other host of Up All Night, is not a fan of Tump's at all.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 27December 18, 2020 8:04 PM

Another one from the same article -- "thar she blows!"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1November 22, 2016 3:41 PM

She wasn't very funny even back then. The majority of the viewers of her show were just watching for the T&A (and foot fetishists, which she would also indulge). She also did geezer Larry King back in the 90s, so she obviously has no shame.

She's no Elvira. Who's older, yet has aged much better.

by Anonymousreply 2November 22, 2016 3:51 PM

She has a fatfrau line on HSN.

BOYCOTT!!!!!!!

by Anonymousreply 3November 22, 2016 3:53 PM

I'm sure she's oblivious to the fact that Trump would mock her behind her back for being fat and not fuckable anymore.

by Anonymousreply 4November 22, 2016 3:55 PM

[quote]She also did geezer Larry King back in the 90s,

Oh my god there's no way this is true!!!

by Anonymousreply 5November 22, 2016 4:10 PM

She did Playboy back in the day.

I enjoyed her's and Gottfried's antics throughout USA Up All Night, so this is disappointing news.

I heard she's an entrepreneur, so it wouldn't surprise me that she is Republican.

by Anonymousreply 6November 22, 2016 4:15 PM

In Stevie-Vision!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 7November 22, 2016 4:19 PM

R5 She's admitted she was with him. I guess his diapers were too much for her to put up with.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 8November 22, 2016 4:22 PM

Apparently she's lost a few hundred pounds but she still looks like a knackwurst.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9November 22, 2016 4:25 PM

What happened to her? Too many Golden Corral buffets? To hear that this free-loving ho is now a trash Trumpster...

by Anonymousreply 10November 22, 2016 4:25 PM

She has always been unfunny and cringe-worthy, so I don't know why anyone would be disappointed in her now!

by Anonymousreply 11November 22, 2016 4:26 PM

That's not DL Fave Shannon Tweed?

by Anonymousreply 12November 22, 2016 4:28 PM

R12 Shannon is looking plastic these days, but is in good shape for her age.

by Anonymousreply 13November 22, 2016 4:34 PM

Oy Vey, I shouldn't have had the 3rd helping of Gumbo.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14November 22, 2016 4:36 PM

I hated hearing her voice yammering over the ending theme to [italic]The Facts of Life[/italic] when USA had it in reruns.

by Anonymousreply 15November 22, 2016 4:40 PM

I kept meeting gals at "Trump rallys" that was wearing "Arm Girdels" with there "LOCK HER UP!!" tanks and I must admit that while I thot it "wierd" at first, I soon relized I could buy a set and by pass DH's rule about exposeing to much "flesh". He become appiplectick when other men look at me. And beleive you me, they "DO" look! Tee hee!

Bonus! You know that feeling when the wind blows real hard and you feal like your a bout to acheive liftoff? Well that "ain't" gonna happen when you wear your "Arm Girdels". Thier a "God Scent"! All us "sexXxy" "Trumpets" love them.

Amazing!, (Keke98 TX)

10/22/2016

Thank You! Thank You! This is exactly what I needed! I have tried other imitations to hide my cellulite on my arms....but this not only smoothes out arm bulges, it also helps hide back and bra fat! Also, somehow it perks up my girls too! I bought two before they aired and I'm glad I did. Would love to see this in more colors.

Flab Grabber, (mersh FL)

10/24/2016

Oh yeah...Rhonda is spot on with this one.Looking forward to her adding more colors like the dark, med, and light. She should be very encouraged about this creation. Hoping to see some more genus in neck and dec controllers as well. Alleluia

Unique Bra Compliment , (GemLover122 PA)

10/20/2016

I am 45 bust and XL has better compression than 1X. I'm not a fan of the nude because it still shows size of arms. Rhonda said she will be embellishing these with lace so I'm looking forward to seeing those. I only wear her intimates and I feel like a sexy woman and not just a female.

A fantastic compliment, (sweetpea1948 CA)

10/20/2016

I also was not too sure if I could make use of this..but! Oh boy it does make a difference to add a better fit n look to a sleeveless outfit.Plus I can make use of outfit in cooler days!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 16November 22, 2016 4:59 PM

[quote]I heard she's an entrepreneur, so it wouldn't surprise me that she is Republican.

Being a Republican is one thing; being for Trump is another (much worse) thing entirely.

by Anonymousreply 17November 22, 2016 5:58 PM

She invented the precursor to Spanx.

by Anonymousreply 18November 22, 2016 5:59 PM

She was only as funny as her writers on Up All Night and she was rumored to be an unpleasant person to work with even then.

by Anonymousreply 19November 22, 2016 11:36 PM

Somewhere I have a picture of me and Rhonda at a TV journalist convention I went to in the early 90s. Why she was there I'm not sure but I took the picture to give to my dad, who was a fan. She was very tiny - maybe 5'3" or 5'4" and not overweight at all but I think her Up All Night show might still have been going then. Very friendly and approachable.

by Anonymousreply 20November 23, 2016 12:05 AM

Why was SHE at a journalist convention???

by Anonymousreply 21December 1, 2016 4:02 PM

[quote] Any dish on her?

fwiw Until she started hawking underwear I had heard nothing at all about Rhonda since circa 2000 when she was a judge at a Miss Hawaiian Tropic contest. A blind item at the time indicated she had hooked up with one of the lady contestants.

I always kind of resented Rhonda. Her USA show was far inferior to the often hilarious and generally much more interesting NIGHT FLIGHT it replaced.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 22December 1, 2016 4:26 PM

I remember seeing Rhonda and her then boyfriend (a fellow comedian) on a Nightline segment (or maybe 48 hours...can't remember)about 15-20 years ago. She looked good. It was about what people did for diet and watching what they ate. They followed around Rhonda and her boyfriend for a day. Rhonda ate whatever she pleased and her boyfriend would "watch" what he ate. At the end of the day the experts tabulated the calorie count of Rhonda and her boyfriend-Rhonda ate less calories and fat. Rhonda was thin back then. I can't find a mention of this on her imdb webpage.

by Anonymousreply 23December 1, 2016 6:41 PM

But she got huge r23. Even in her new slimmed down version she looks like a sausage.

by Anonymousreply 24December 1, 2016 9:59 PM

R21, I have no idea why she was there. At the same convention I met Cokie Roberts, Peter Jennings, Oprah Winfrey, and attended a live teleconference given by Christiane Amanpour from somewhere in the middle east. Charles Kuralt was there and received a lifetime achievement award.

On the other hand, I also saw the actor who played Les Nessman on WKRP staying at my hotel and using the convention shuttle so I guess maybe it was open to anyone.

by Anonymousreply 25December 1, 2016 10:21 PM

Is Rhonda still a trumpette? Why would someone wear an arm girdle with a sleeveless dress? Women staying home in their sweats must have totally tanked her Fredericks of Hollywood-style support lingerie line. Is she eating her frustration?

by Anonymousreply 26December 18, 2020 8:00 PM

USA used to advertise those late night movies on [italic]Facts of Life[/italic] reruns. That must be the explanation.

by Anonymousreply 27December 18, 2020 8:04 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!