Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Bryan Cranston "Soap opera LOVING was my proudest professional achievement!"

In his new autobiography he states the Soap Opera Loving (which he was an original cast member) was his proudest professional achievement.

Not Breaking Bad, not Malcolm in the Middle and not his turn as LBJ on Broadway.

But the low-rated soap LOVING.

He gives thanks to many people at the end of the book, including his former co-stars James Kiberd (Trevor AMC) and John O'Hurley. Who he says he has remained friends with to this day.

Also mentioned in the book are his former LOVING co-stars Teri Keane, James Kiberd, John O'Hurley, Lauren-Marie Taylor, Susan Walters, Patricia Kalember and Lesley R. Vogel (the mother of Hayden Panettiere). Plus one of his very best friends is Bill Timoney (Alfred Vanderpoole AMC)

He also writes that former Loving producer Joe Stuart was a major asshole. Those looking for Douglas Marland dirt, there is none. All Bryan says is he was a nice guy,

OK any Loving questions about Bryan's time on the soap and what he writes, fire away!

by Anonymousreply 29April 26, 2019 4:22 AM

His greatest achievement was guest starring in an episode of Murder She Wrote. In fact that was the greatest achievement of anyone who's ever appeared on that show.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 1October 26, 2016 3:30 PM

I noticed he issued a nice statement when Agnes Nixon died. Always nice when a successful actor acknowledges the people who helped them get their start.

by Anonymousreply 2October 26, 2016 3:44 PM

I would blow Bryan's hot daddy dick into next week.

by Anonymousreply 3October 26, 2016 3:45 PM

[quote] . Always nice when a successful actor acknowledges the people who helped them get their start.

Which is why it is so nice of him to spend a great deal of time writing about his experiences working on LOVING. More pages about his time of Loving than Malcolm in the Middle or Breaking Bad!

by Anonymousreply 4October 26, 2016 3:46 PM

I'd blow him.

by Anonymousreply 5October 26, 2016 3:54 PM

Being on a soap was my proudest achievement. In fact so far it's been my only achievement

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6October 26, 2016 4:13 PM

Who is that tranny?

by Anonymousreply 7October 26, 2016 7:43 PM

Is that Lauren-Marie Taylor in R6? She has a son who had to register as a sex offender. Yikes.

by Anonymousreply 8October 26, 2016 8:17 PM

I would, over and over.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 9October 26, 2016 8:35 PM

anyone else?

by Anonymousreply 10April 26, 2019 1:49 AM

Any full frontal pics of BC people could share?

by Anonymousreply 11April 26, 2019 1:52 AM

He shows off his nipple

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 12April 26, 2019 1:53 AM

He was a real cutie. And Kiberd was hot.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 13April 26, 2019 2:07 AM

Well my biggiest professional achievement was in prime time. So just saying.

Also, new car.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14April 26, 2019 2:11 AM

Wasn't Kiberd an absolute asshole? So much so that Kate Collins had to leave All My Children?

by Anonymousreply 15April 26, 2019 2:15 AM

Wasn't he also a boyfriend of that irritating Elaine on Seinfeld?

by Anonymousreply 16April 26, 2019 2:20 AM

Makes me like him more, I have always respected actors who don't try to hid or make fun of their soap pasts. Like how Julianne Moore, hasn't forgotten her time on ATWT and even returned for an episode before it ended.

by Anonymousreply 17April 26, 2019 2:26 AM

Yes, r17. Julianne Moore and Sarah Michelle Gellar both returned to their respective soaps, As the World Turns and All My Children, to pay respect to their beginnings. They showed no arrogance or looked down on them. In fact, Gellar has remained good friends with some of her AMC cast members.

by Anonymousreply 18April 26, 2019 2:32 AM

Agree, R17. I like Cranston more got this.

by Anonymousreply 19April 26, 2019 2:34 AM

As opposed to that cunt Meg Ryan who never even acknowledges her past on a soap, even though it made her the centerpiece of the show for two years. Same with Marisa Tomei.

by Anonymousreply 20April 26, 2019 2:35 AM

Loving was a very pleasant, fun set, despite the high cast turnover. Almost everyone got along.

Randolph Mantooth says in this interview Loving was the most fun he ever had any show. On the other hand, he didn't like being on General Hospital at all.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 21April 26, 2019 2:44 AM

R15 He was an asshole to women in particular. He was very nasty to his future wife Susan Keith before they fell in love.

by Anonymousreply 22April 26, 2019 2:45 AM

[quote] Loving was a very pleasant, fun set, despite the high cast turnover.

Bryan Cranston said the cast subbed the show "Leaving" because of the high turnover. One of his closest friends is John O'Hurley who he met on the show. They even bought a timeshare together

by Anonymousreply 23April 26, 2019 3:21 AM

[quote] Same with Marisa Tomei.

Marisa has acknowledged her soap past. When legendary casting director Betty Rea was honored with the editor's award by Soap Opera Digest, Marisa appeared in a special video tribute to thank Betty for hiring her, and giving her that first break, Contrast this with Meg Ryan who IGNORED a request by Soap Opera Digest to pay tribute to Betty Rea.

by Anonymousreply 24April 26, 2019 3:24 AM

PS Bryan also writes in his book that "Loving" was the place where he honed his craft and he learned everything about acting/

by Anonymousreply 25April 26, 2019 3:26 AM

Yeah, but would he do soaps again? I am guessing no.

by Anonymousreply 26April 26, 2019 4:03 AM

R25 That makes sense to me, unlike a movie where you spend months filming one script, the stage where you perform one script multiple times, or a tv show where you film a few episodes a year, with a soap you film a new script every day and during one year you might have to play romance, tragedy, action adventure, light comedy, sometimes even horror or sci fi, play a supporting role in some stories and be a lead in others. To me it would appear to be a better education than acting school and they pay you instead of the other way around. It is kind of like the old studio system.

by Anonymousreply 27April 26, 2019 4:10 AM

R26 The remaining soaps are in abysmal shape these days, so wouldn't blame anyone for not wanting to do them now, unless they needed work badly.

by Anonymousreply 28April 26, 2019 4:14 AM

One thing I do love about Datalounge is the respect for the soap opera genre.

I remember I started a thread about Loving and I was shocked to see it fill up. Obviously the mystery of "Whatever Happened to Robert Tyler" kept the thread moving but it was nice to see so many other fans of the show who remembered particular storylines and actors from the show.

Loving was a great soap opera. I miss the days when soap ruled daytime. I love that DL keeps those memories alive.

by Anonymousreply 29April 26, 2019 4:22 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!