Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Ryan Reynolds fires Deadpool 2 director

Tim Miller directed Deadpool but now he's out, after 'creative differences' between him and Ryan Reynolds. Oh Ryan, oh Ryan... you lucked out with Deadpool. After only one hit you're not ready to start acting like a cunt.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 47May 28, 2018 3:44 PM

tough call; need more facts. Ryan seems so charming and friendly, the guy you want to have a bear with. And then spill some of that bear on his t-shirt and then have him take off that t-shirt and then lick those abs and keep going. And then later, you keep the t-shirt.

But that charm just doesn't happen. He needs a director who can capture it. Yet, if this was the guy who directed the first one I don't see what the conflict was. Ryan came off really well in that movie.

by Anonymousreply 1October 23, 2016 4:34 PM

Without that movie, his career would be dead.

It's not my type of movie, but the director did what he needed to do.

Reynolds may regret this.

by Anonymousreply 2October 23, 2016 4:38 PM

Ryan Reynolds is a charming cunt. Lovely, funny, and really hot when you meet him but quickly reveals himself to be the asshole you suspected he was all along.

by Anonymousreply 3October 23, 2016 4:40 PM

R1, if I am even going to consider having a bear with a man, I need to be sure the man isn't married, and will promise to stay with me after the bear has torn me up.

by Anonymousreply 4October 23, 2016 4:41 PM

I heard he was an asshole on the set of r.i.p.d.

by Anonymousreply 5October 23, 2016 4:42 PM

Screenrant is saying the final nail in the coffin was Ryan Reynolds refusing Miller casting Kyle Chandler as Cable.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 6October 23, 2016 4:42 PM

R1, you sound so interesting, wanting to sharing your bears with other guys. I was wondering if you might like to share a cheetah or an orangutan as well. Please let us know.

by Anonymousreply 7October 23, 2016 4:46 PM

Kyle Chandler is a great actor.

by Anonymousreply 8October 23, 2016 4:46 PM

I love Kyle Chandler. I have had a soft spot for him since Early Edition.

by Anonymousreply 9October 23, 2016 4:52 PM

Chandler's always fantastic. Is Reynolds really so insecure that he was unwilling to share the the screen with him?

by Anonymousreply 10October 23, 2016 4:55 PM

That will give Kyle Chandler time to be in something more important -- ME!

by Anonymousreply 11October 23, 2016 4:58 PM

Ryan's a stupid little bitch - always has been.

by Anonymousreply 12October 23, 2016 4:59 PM

Having trouble picturing Kyle as Cable (looks wise).

by Anonymousreply 13October 23, 2016 5:05 PM

R13, the fans were already on it.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 14October 23, 2016 5:11 PM

OP is probably Scarlett Johansson.

by Anonymousreply 15October 23, 2016 5:23 PM

Oh, it is Blake Lively. Pardon,

by Anonymousreply 16October 23, 2016 5:26 PM

I've never liked the taste of Ursa...quite gristley & gamey, like Ryan himself.

by Anonymousreply 17October 23, 2016 5:31 PM

It is pretty surprising this happened. Given the big success of their team up on the first one they had been planning on doing the second one together.

Wonder what really went down.

by Anonymousreply 18October 23, 2016 5:37 PM

The first one wasn't really that good though.

by Anonymousreply 19October 23, 2016 5:47 PM

I like Chandler and he is a good actor, but I don't think he is right for Cable. They need some one between 40-50 who can play military and have a good sense of humor, but still a hard ass with a touch of ego. Plus, there is an ongoing homoperotic aspect to Deadpool and Cabel despite their relationships with women. I don't see Chandler doing that. Maybe they met and did not have any chemistry.

Regardless, people need to stop trotting out these 65+ men like Liam Neeson and Stephen Lang for these roles that will last for years.

by Anonymousreply 20October 23, 2016 7:27 PM

But Reynolds' performance in "Deadpool" was basically the same as the performance in his last hit, "Van Wilder". A competent director managed to use his actor's incredibly limited range to good effect, by shoring up his limitations with a lot of action and some funny supporting actors, and the result was a hit. A surprise hit, really, since the film wasn't that good.

If Reynolds thinks he was responsible for even 10% of the success of "Deadpool", he's a damn fool and deserves everything that's coming to him.

by Anonymousreply 21October 23, 2016 11:19 PM

I found Deadpool to be vastly overrated. A solid 6.5/10, but quite frankly, movies are so dull nowadays that anything over a 6 qualifies as interesting.

by Anonymousreply 22October 24, 2016 12:30 AM

Ryan Reynolds is a bear? When did this happen?!

by Anonymousreply 23October 24, 2016 12:35 AM

Kyle Chandler > Ryan Reynolds

by Anonymousreply 24October 24, 2016 12:37 AM

Ryan Reynolds is gay.

by Anonymousreply 25October 24, 2016 12:39 AM

Comic book movies always suck

by Anonymousreply 26October 24, 2016 12:46 AM

Stephen Lang might be a good Cable. I don't know if he's any good at comedy though.

by Anonymousreply 27October 24, 2016 11:17 AM

Deadpool was fine but wasn't the second coming. Pretty much anyone could have directed it. It was mostly about the semi-warmed over quips.

by Anonymousreply 28October 24, 2016 12:14 PM

How the hell does he have that power?

by Anonymousreply 29October 24, 2016 12:29 PM

Someone needs to show Ryan his filmography. If Deadpool worked, it was because of the director.

by Anonymousreply 30October 24, 2016 12:42 PM

So this is why Deadpool 2 sucked. Good to know.

by Anonymousreply 31May 27, 2018 5:51 PM

No, you have to look at the writing team for that.

by Anonymousreply 32May 27, 2018 6:01 PM

I just want him to keep doing nude scenes.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 33May 27, 2018 6:11 PM

[quote]r29 How the hell does he have that power?

Renolds must have a contract to do a number of followup films in the franchise, and the director did not.

The studio is like, [italic] "Oh jebus.. please just TRY to keep him happy...!"

by Anonymousreply 34May 27, 2018 6:21 PM

I read an article that Miller and Reynolds began butting heads over the fact that Miller wanted to do a HUGE budget superhero film while Reynolds wanted to keep it closer to the first one which was done for a something like %58 million which is tiny by today's standards. The whole reason the first one was made and was considered such a huge success was in large part due to the small production budget - it grossed $780 worldwide.

Beneath the budget question was a difference in view about what the movie should be. Reynolds wanted to keep what had been successful while Miller wanted to make Avengers or X-men.

by Anonymousreply 35May 27, 2018 6:38 PM

R25 makes the most sense.

I liked the movie. I liked the ending.

I liked the quips.

by Anonymousreply 36May 27, 2018 7:11 PM

R35, if true, then Ryan was absolutely correct, and it was a good thing the director was fired.

by Anonymousreply 37May 27, 2018 7:37 PM

[quote]R37 if true, then Ryan was absolutely correct, and it was a good thing the director was fired.

LOCK 'IM UP ! ! !

by Anonymousreply 38May 27, 2018 7:44 PM

R35, Miller basically said it was the other way around. He wanted to make a film that would be more like the first one, and not an overblown superhero film, which is exactly what DP 2 ended up being. I tend to believe Miller more than Reynolds but who knows what the truth really is.

"Since then, reports have floated around online that Miller and star/producer Ryan Reynolds disagreed about the scope of the sequel. Deadpool was famously made on a modest budget, and some questionable reports suggested that Miller envisioned the sequel as a much bigger-budget affair. But during a wide-ranging interview on CG Garage, Miller finally spoke out about why he left the project and he made it very clear that was never the case.

Addressing the fans, he assured them he always wanted to make the “same kind of movie” as the first,

[bold]“I just want to say one thing to the geek audience out there, because it’s important to me what the geeks and nerds of the world think because they are my brothers and sisters. I didn’t want to make some stylized movie that was 3 times the budget. If you read the internet — who cares, really? But for those of you who do, I wanted to make the same kind of movie that we made before because I think that’s the right movie to make for the character. So don’t believe what you read on the internet.”[/bold]"

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 39May 27, 2018 7:47 PM

[quote]Miller basically said it was the other way around. He wanted to make a film that would be more like the first one, and not an overblown superhero film, which is exactly what DP 2 ended up being. I tend to believe Miller more than Reynolds but who knows what the truth really is.

Interesting that both sides are making the same claim.

by Anonymousreply 40May 27, 2018 8:08 PM

So now we need to know what the REAL story is.

by Anonymousreply 41May 27, 2018 11:43 PM

Well, we only have to look at Deadpool 2 to see which side wanted want. I assume this is what Reynolds wanted and Deadpool 2 IS a stupid overblown superhero film without practically any of the low key finesse the first one had. I don't really like Reynolds which is why I tend to believe Miller more. Reynolds got him fired for not agreeing with Reynolds.

I'm actually quite surprised how many people like or even prefer the sequel. I find it a mess with too many jokes that just don't work.

by Anonymousreply 42May 28, 2018 10:50 AM

The studio FORCED a minimum budget on the first Deadpool movie by cutting the original agreed upon budget. I can see Reynolds asking for a bigger budget to do bigger things, because of the success of the first movie and there being an interest and demand in the Deadpool franchise. And as the lead he sure wants to shine.

by Anonymousreply 43May 28, 2018 12:14 PM

Well, no more interest and demand from me. I liked the first very much. The sequel was a dud.

It tried too hard. Too many of the good things about the first. Schmaltzy, not snappy.

by Anonymousreply 44May 28, 2018 1:16 PM

Stop bumbping 2 year old threads stupud saggy old cunt.

by Anonymousreply 45May 28, 2018 1:22 PM

r45 silver lining: i’m now contemplating sharing a bear with ryan reynolds (well, amityville horror-era ryan reynolds). still trying to decide on the right bear.

by Anonymousreply 46May 28, 2018 1:29 PM

[Quote] And as the lead he sure wants to shine.

Playing the same sarcastic character as always.

by Anonymousreply 47May 28, 2018 3:44 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!