Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Charles and Andrew Clash With The Queen In The Middle

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 297May 21, 2018 12:33 AM

Add the word "not" to the 3rd choice (as in "I could not care less about these parasites") and I'll pick that.

by Anonymousreply 1October 23, 2016 1:06 PM

I don't know what Charles's endgame is. In the not-so-distant future the Kents and Gloucesters will be too old to perform royal duties. If we subtract the Queen and Prince Philip, Edward and Katherine Kent, Alexandra Kent, Richard and Brigitte Gloucester that's seven royals off the patronage/ribbon-cutting/speech circuit. Harry will most likely join the fold, and lazy Kate will have to pick up more patronages, but there will still be spots to fill. It just makes sense to use two perfectly capable HRHs like the York girls, especially since they seem enthusiastic about the monarchy.

by Anonymousreply 2October 23, 2016 1:21 PM

I could use a couple of hard-working ladies-in-waiting!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 3October 23, 2016 1:26 PM

It actually makes sense to reduce the size of the "royal family" for two reasons:

1. It gives the perception of reduced costs. Fewer people will make it seem like the royal family is less expensive to maintain.

2. Rarity always increases value. Fewer royals would, in theory, add greater value and prestige to the remaining ones.

Given the anti-royal sentiment and uncertainty around what might happen after the queen dies, Charles is probably being advised on how to best ensure a throne for himself and him son.

Japan has a very restrictive approach to identifying members of the imperial household. I can see where Britain might adopt a similar approach and begin restricting the royal family (not noble titles, just who constitutes the royal family) to the reigning monarch's immediate family and the heir apparent and his family. In such a scenario, Andrew is only part of the royal family while the queen in monarch, but loses royal status (as would his children) once Charles takes the throne.

by Anonymousreply 4October 23, 2016 3:20 PM

We ask you, how many times does a new fascinator shop open and their ribbon needs cutting?

by Anonymousreply 5October 23, 2016 4:27 PM

Bump for original thread.

by Anonymousreply 6October 23, 2016 7:20 PM

This all came up before, a couple years ago. Andrew must be getting desperate.

by Anonymousreply 7October 23, 2016 10:35 PM

It's important that both the children and grandchildren of the sovereign be royal. With there being a smaller number of children born in the royal family than centuries past, the larger set is needed for making the various diplomatic marriages with the other European royal families.

by Anonymousreply 8October 23, 2016 10:45 PM

[quote] It just makes sense to use two perfectly capable HRHs like the York girls

One might think that but I do note The Royals series on E portrayed their corresponding characters as two horny babes with IQ's on par with a rock. Maybe the producers knew something we didn't.

by Anonymousreply 9October 23, 2016 11:34 PM

R8 is writing from the 19th century.

by Anonymousreply 10October 24, 2016 1:54 AM

the larger set is needed for making the various diplomatic marriages with the other European royal families. Yes, that worked really well for Victoria when the various countries went to war. The royals are nothing but parasites and those two women are dim with it. It's typical that their father is trying to get them both wages and housing that are ultimately paid for by the tax payer. He has more than enough money to support them himself but the Windsors never pay for anything if they can get the taxpayer to pay it instead.

by Anonymousreply 11October 24, 2016 6:30 AM

They could easily make a living in the US off of rich suckers who are easily impressed by such nonsense like royalty.

by Anonymousreply 12October 24, 2016 6:57 AM

I'd say marry them off, but they're so damn unattractive, who would have them?

by Anonymousreply 13October 24, 2016 11:32 AM

Fergie must be hiding in the corner sucking her thumb worried about what Charles will do to her when he becomes king.

by Anonymousreply 14October 24, 2016 11:33 AM

Charles doesn't have a major problem with Fergie. She is, just like Camilla, descended from the horsey country aristocracy set. In fact even the Queen is still fond of Fergie, it's Philip who can't stand her.

by Anonymousreply 15October 24, 2016 1:19 PM

r15 I've read that both Fergie and Camilla were not aristocrats prior to their marriages to Andrew and Charles respectively, but lived on the fringe of the aristocratic set. Beggars at the feast so to speak.

by Anonymousreply 16October 24, 2016 1:27 PM

[quote]The Queen In The Middle

Charlie McDermott?

by Anonymousreply 17October 24, 2016 1:35 PM

Wow, some of the comments on this Daily Mail story aimed at Andrew and his daughters are horrible. Not many people care for the Yorks at all.

by Anonymousreply 18October 24, 2016 2:12 PM

That's true R16. In the case of both ladies, they are grandchildren or great grandchildren or low ranking peers. In Camilla's case, she is descended from a courtesan to King Edward VII. Sarah's family are what would be called country squires. Untitled, but aristocratic, bearing arms, and maintaining ties to the royal family through shared country interests.

by Anonymousreply 19October 24, 2016 2:23 PM

I could NOT care less about these parasites.

by Anonymousreply 20October 24, 2016 2:27 PM

[quote] In Camilla's case, she is descended from a courtesan to King Edward VII.

When they first started seeing each other, ages ago, that was one of her selling points to Charles something like "Your great-great grandfather and my X-X grandmother had a thing going on, why don't we give it a go?"

by Anonymousreply 21October 24, 2016 2:56 PM

r21 Yes, and he thought "I need an ugly beard like you."

by Anonymousreply 22October 24, 2016 2:58 PM

Andrew's children are so repulsive looking.

by Anonymousreply 23October 24, 2016 3:57 PM

R23 - Beatrice is pretty homely but Eugenie isn't that bad.

by Anonymousreply 24October 24, 2016 4:01 PM

I'm surprised NBC hasn't come calling to hire them. They seem to "squee" over anyone with a prominent surname. NBC Requirements: No background in journalism or any job for that matter, just have a famous family name.

(I see Ivanka Trump being hired in the near future)

by Anonymousreply 25October 24, 2016 5:26 PM

I'm a rich, entitled bitch, so kiss my horse face bitches.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26October 24, 2016 5:32 PM

[quote]I'm a rich, entitled bitch, so kiss my horse face bitches.

Obviously, she's not poor, but she's hardly rich.

One of the stories that came out about Diana's will was that she thought it was awful how Andrew had to beg and scrabble for money from the queen because he didn't have the estates which generated money like Charles did. She tried to ensure that Harry didn't have the same problem when he was an adult.

One of the issues that Andrew is trying to fix is that she really doesn't have the money (nor does he) to support a princess lifestyle.

by Anonymousreply 27October 24, 2016 5:44 PM

How about a line of fascinators for Target?

by Anonymousreply 28October 24, 2016 5:44 PM

Do they inherit anything when the queen dies or are they screwed in the will, too?

by Anonymousreply 29October 24, 2016 5:45 PM

[quote]Do they inherit anything when the queen dies or are they screwed in the will, too?

They probably won't get much, but aren't "screwed" as they were never entitled to anything in the first place. Charles is heir and will inherit.

One of the reasons that most of the big robber baron families of the Gilded Age are no longer wealthy is that their estates were divided and subdivided amongst all succeeding generations, rather than the bulk going to one person. Cash, land, and most importantly control of assets and companies were distributed and diluted.

by Anonymousreply 30October 24, 2016 5:52 PM

Seriously, what's wrong with them having to work for a living? You royal worshippers are a strange bunch.

by Anonymousreply 31October 24, 2016 5:53 PM

They will be comfortable for the rest of their lives without living off the tax payers; it's pretty unseemly for Andrew to play this out in the media.

by Anonymousreply 32October 24, 2016 5:54 PM

The number of people on The List, getting housing and $$$ from the Crown, is ridiculous. Yes, seven old people will eventually fade, but where does one draw the line. The only reason Andrew wants Charles to include Beatrice & Eugenie in more activities representing the Queen, is so he can build the case for them staying on the List.

Charles intends to cut a lot of people off including, it is rumored, Andrew himself. But most assuredly Beatrice & Eugenie's days are numbered. The only way around it is if the girls inherit estates and income from the Queen, herself, when Lilibet is dead.

Right now I think Edward & Sophie are not getting income, but they have estate incomes, as does the Princess Royal, Anne. Her kids, Princess Margaret's kids, their grandchildren, none of them will get financial support from the Crown once Charles is in charge. I don't think Anne or her children do now, nor do Margaret's kids. They may have already eliminated themselves. I think Elizabeth gave her children estates and they are developing them.

The cuts will also encroach on drivers for them, security for them, etc. As things go, Andrew Edward Sophie, Anne Charles Camilla, Harry, William and Kate will be the Crown's representatives. In modernizing the monarchy, The next generations will scale back considerably. They will open B'ham palace to the public more than a few weeks a year, and will generate revenue from farming, foods, wool, and tourism.

by Anonymousreply 33October 24, 2016 5:56 PM

Beatrice and Eugenie find it hard to be a princess - here's 9 jobs even they could do

This article is a laugh riot. I love 8. Fergie's minders.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 34October 24, 2016 6:04 PM

Wow, he is getting desperate. I'll bet between him and the ex wife his fortunes are dwindling. And having to take care of the two girls. Vanity Fair had a great article on this quite a while ago stating Charles let it be known he was taking Andrew and the girls off the list and Andrew was livid. He wants the two girls to be taken care of and treated like royalty.

by Anonymousreply 35October 24, 2016 6:13 PM

I think Charles would rather they get JOBS than sign up for a life of government-subsidized ribbon-cuttings.

by Anonymousreply 36October 24, 2016 6:19 PM

Where does Andrew live? What estates are his in permanence? Where do his daughters live? What does Andrew do when he isn't plotting with his Ex to extort money for "big business deals?" I bet he would love to pick Donald Trump's brain for advice...Didn't he get dumped as the UK's Trade Representative after his scandal a while ago?

by Anonymousreply 37October 24, 2016 6:22 PM

What about me? Rent boys are expensive.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 38October 24, 2016 6:22 PM

"Hello, sailor!"

by Anonymousreply 39October 24, 2016 6:27 PM

The real error/problem was that these two didn't follow the Chelsea Clinton plan.

While they may not be as bright or talented (a definitively relative statement), they could easily have leveraged their births into getting into decent universities and jobs after graduating.

Where I think they did get screwed is that their positions actually prevent them from participating in some types of industries and jobs - would they have been allowed to become investment bankers (which their connections, not their brains would have made them suited to do). What about jobs in non-profit and fundraising. And of course, PR would have been a gimme, as they are PR machines in their own right.

They could have really become media darlings by being willing to "work their way up" the ladder in industry and could easily be pulling down up to £1 million a year.

by Anonymousreply 40October 24, 2016 6:29 PM

R37 - Andrew lives in Royal Lodge Windsor, the Queen Mum's former home. He also sold his marital home and estate for above asking price and bought a multi million dollar chalet in Switzerland where Fergie resides. I have a funny feeling that when he was a roving ambassador for British industry , he was getting money under the table. I think he's a scumbag who got away with a lot of shit. He was hounded out of his job because of spotty dealings with rich Arabs. Why the hell anyone thought it was a good idea to a Prince him that kind of job where corruption is rampant is anyone's guess. I can bet that he gained a lot of income by wheeling and dealing. I don't know what kind of income he has but he sure ain't broke.

by Anonymousreply 41October 24, 2016 6:29 PM

Do they have degrees?

by Anonymousreply 42October 24, 2016 6:43 PM

R42 - yes, they do. Beatrice has a BA in History and History of Ideas from Goldsmiths College, London. Eugenie graduated from Newcastle University with a degree in English literature and art history.

by Anonymousreply 43October 24, 2016 6:50 PM

It's a shame then that the parents didn't have a better understanding that they needed to be psychologically 'de-royalized' early, and guided them toward discovering their own strengths and passions. Every young person has potential.

by Anonymousreply 44October 24, 2016 7:00 PM

It's too bad they couldn't have hooked up with one of those filthy-rich Casiraghi boys from Monaco. They aren't bad on the eyes, and are descended from a princely family.

by Anonymousreply 45October 24, 2016 7:26 PM

R45 Why would they go for these homely twats?

by Anonymousreply 46October 24, 2016 7:38 PM

For the cache, it would be a big deal for a Grimaldi to marry a Windsor, even a down on their luck Windsor like the two Yorkies.

by Anonymousreply 47October 24, 2016 7:47 PM

*cachet

by Anonymousreply 48October 24, 2016 7:48 PM

Yes R47, but they're still rumplefugly.

by Anonymousreply 49October 24, 2016 7:49 PM

You forget that Fergie got herself into bankruptcy and continues to have money problems. If you have more going out then coming in you are going to have problems and he is taking care of her (so she is not an embarrassment to the family) and their two daughters. If the two girls live beyond their means like their mother, there is going to be a problem.

by Anonymousreply 50October 24, 2016 8:36 PM

R47's "The Two Yorkies"! Awesome!

by Anonymousreply 51October 24, 2016 10:00 PM

Hunny, even now, those two Yorkies and anyone else with any mustard could get a "job " even if only for appearances sake. The Royal family has a number of non profit charities and Trusts that those girls could world for doing PR or event planning or" Fundraising & Donor Relations."

Non profits and charities always have a place for the children of prominent people. It would at the very least make them appear respectable.The little darlings need an incentive to try their hand at something that keeps a roof over their heads.

In a way I feel sorry for the two girls. With a mother and a father like the parents they have, they will probably be left high & dry when Andrew & Fergie die. Two more self absorbed immature people I have yet to see.

And the Grimaldis????? OMG. Please. They are considered trash by the rest of Europe. No way would Granny approve any relationship with those Poseurs.

by Anonymousreply 52October 24, 2016 11:01 PM

Granny approved one of her cousins to marry a Grimaldi.

by Anonymousreply 53October 25, 2016 1:58 AM

Andrea and Pierre are Catholic-Bea and Eug would give up their place in line for the throne if they married Catholics.

by Anonymousreply 54October 25, 2016 10:17 AM

Who gives a fuck about any of that collection of lazy good for nothings? If ribbon cutting is your most exacting task you need to fuck off. Andrew is a fat perv who because of the establishment's sucking up to royalty sidestepped investigation . Charles is a grumpy would be hippy with a granny fixation. The Queen has done fuck all for a century and her husband is a racist old cunt. Andrew's ugly, Rumer Willis looking, goggle eyed offspring don't even register other than as bad hat displays. So sad that shifty family is the UK's greatest claim to fame.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 55October 25, 2016 10:48 AM

I like Sarah and her girls, Beatrice and Eugenie. I hope they have a safe and secure future. Charles can fuck off. He's an asshole.

I want Sarah and Andrew to remarry just to piss off Charles. Then Sarah will be officially back in the royal fold. I read Sarah and Camilla are friends.

by Anonymousreply 56October 25, 2016 10:56 AM

r56 "I read Sarah and Camilla are friends."

Birds of a feather. They're both a couple of parvenus who, if they hadn't married a couple of royal closet cases, would probably be woofing down fish and chips with a pint down a the local pub.

by Anonymousreply 57October 25, 2016 11:11 AM

They all have such bad skin. I was noticing that. You can't swill all that gin, and smoke cigarettes, and get bad dental care and expect anyone to think you're attractive.

by Anonymousreply 58October 25, 2016 12:40 PM

r58 What ARE you talking about?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 59October 25, 2016 1:00 PM

Perhaps if they didn't take 20 vacations a year and hop from "job" to "job" Charles would care more.

by Anonymousreply 60October 25, 2016 1:16 PM

Andrew is the loser, he was goodlooking even for a shorter time than Prince William.

by Anonymousreply 61October 25, 2016 1:33 PM

I remember when Andrew was the darling of the tacky UK tabloids in the '80s. "Randy Andy" and his exploits were a constant and he was portrayed very much in the way Prince Harry is now, which gives us a good idea of how things will turn out for him too.

by Anonymousreply 62October 25, 2016 1:41 PM

[post redacted because linking to dailymail.co.uk clearly indicates that the poster is either a troll or an idiot (probably both, honestly.) Our advice is that you just ignore this poster but whatever you do, don't click on any link to this putrid rag.]

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 63October 25, 2016 2:36 PM

Princess Anne's kids seem to pull their weight, so I'm guess they're not on the Civil List. I read Peter Phillips is the Queen's favorite grandson. He looks so much like his cousin, Prince William.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64October 25, 2016 2:40 PM

R63 - I agree with your post. However, according to the Daily Mail, I think the tally for Beatrice's never ending vacations is up to about 18. They're a sorry lot of do-nothings.

by Anonymousreply 65October 25, 2016 2:44 PM

r64 guessing - corrected

by Anonymousreply 66October 25, 2016 2:48 PM

It's possible Zara Phillips and the Wessex kids go on multiple vacations (sorry, 'holidays') a year too, we just don't hear about them because the press isn't as interested. Last time I checked, twentysomething girls enjoy beach vacations as opposed to staying with Granny in a damp gray castle in Scotland.

by Anonymousreply 67October 25, 2016 4:05 PM

The Yorkie hang on to William and Harry's coattails that's why they want to be at kensington like Harry. William & Kate try not to be there as often. Andrew has encouraged the girls to stay close to their cousins because he believes William and HArry will intervene on their behalf with Charles. Hah. Harry loves to party, but he has quieted down a lot and no one has ever accused him of shirking his royal duties and he is deeply involved in his own charities. If the Yorkies think he will support their indolent lifestyles they are delusional. he & William have a strong sense of duty. William may not do as many ribbon cuttings a people would like but he is busy being productive. He flies a fucking rescue helicopter for a living. So there's that.Beatrice and Eugenie do nothing.

by Anonymousreply 68October 25, 2016 4:22 PM

Beatrice and Eugenie should learn to fly helicopters.

Their dad flew helicopters in the Falkland War.

by Anonymousreply 69October 25, 2016 4:27 PM

Order of Precedence (to succeed QEII): Charles, William, George, Charlotte, Harry, Andrew, Beatrice, Eugenie.

So she's 7th in line to the throne.

Hon, get a real job.

by Anonymousreply 70October 25, 2016 6:04 PM

So that's all they are. Glorified apartment buildings. St. James, Buckingham, Kensington, etc. I imagine Windsor and Balmoral are more like country estates in that they aren't used like fucking apartment buildings.

by Anonymousreply 71October 25, 2016 9:57 PM

Andrew has Carb Face big time, R55. He also looks like he is evil to his bones. A real degenerate.

by Anonymousreply 72October 25, 2016 9:59 PM

R56, I have a hard time believing that money problems came only after the divorce.

R62, Harry is too good for what you're projecting as his possible future.

R63 — Insightful. But I think the public will turn their sympathies to the younger generation. If a huge scandal ever happens, then Charles might abdicate in favour of William. Just a possibility. I don't think scandal will happen, but I won't rule it out either. Certainly, scandal should not happen during the Queen's lifetime, IMO, so there's plenty of time to live our own lives until then.

I do think The Queen is far more astute than many are led to believe.

R70, to complement your post, here's the Wikipedia article about the Order of Precedence/succession in the UK, at URL

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 73October 26, 2016 12:00 AM

R67----the Wessex kids are minors so they don't count yet. Zara Phillips lives off her own income and her husbands (former soccer player), not the taxpayers so she can take as many vacations as she wants

by Anonymousreply 74October 26, 2016 12:58 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75October 26, 2016 3:00 AM

Andrew is the Queen's favorite, which figures given he's easily the worst behaved of the four children. Here is a man, known in the UK as "Air Miles Andy" for his prolifigate use of government helicopters (including flights to his favorite golf courses), laughing it up with various despots around the world, and who considers one of his best friends to be a notorious American pedophile. He's revolting, and rightly loathed throughout the kingdom. Charles probably hates him because their mother would shower her affection on the wastrel brother and be a cold fish to him, given he will be future King and all and needed duty instilled in him at an early age.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76October 26, 2016 4:18 AM

Isn't Andrew favored because his father isn't Prince Phillip but the result of some illicit love affair the Queen had with the man who tended her horses...or someone like that. Seems I remember reading that somewhere years ago.

by Anonymousreply 77October 26, 2016 4:31 AM

The likelihood of Queen Elizabeth II cheating on Phillip and bearing another man's child is about the same as hell freezing over. This is a woman who has dedicated her whole life to duty, and takes her role as Queen and head of the Church of England very seriously. Now, if you were talking about that slut of a sister of hers, or those trampy daughter in laws...

by Anonymousreply 78October 26, 2016 4:36 AM

Not a fan of the Yorks but Charles is being a vindictive old cunt.

by Anonymousreply 79October 26, 2016 8:57 AM

A bit of aristocratic extra curricular shagging would not be at odds with the duty bollocks the Queen is supposedly famous for. Philip has had many, many rumored flings which definitely have the ring of truth. The Royals didn't get why Diana made a fuss about Charles fucking Camilla, it's just the done thing among that horsey set, Camilla's husband stood aside quite willingly so 'Sir' could dip his Royal wick. Lord Porchester is the man in the frame as far as spawning Andrew is concerned. Andrew doesn't resemble his siblings, who all have the equine facial features of their grandmother ( Mary! ) and mother. Who knows ? It's certainly not outside the realms of possibility.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 80October 26, 2016 9:19 AM

Queen Elizabeth has always been in love with Prince Phillip. So, I doubt she cheated on him.

by Anonymousreply 81October 26, 2016 9:29 AM

R81 = Pollyanna

by Anonymousreply 82October 26, 2016 9:42 AM

Look they're all going to portray poor Charles in a negative light, but he genuinely wants to modernize and update the monarchy to save it really, and part of that is scaling back and instituting some economies. I have always applauded Charles on his environmental positions, and his progressive views on organic farming and food supplies. They want to make him the bad guy instead of wastrel Andrew and his pointless offspring. Look at everyone else in the family, and they all behave more responsibly than Andrew.He's a degenerate old whoor.

by Anonymousreply 83October 26, 2016 12:33 PM

Charles has to have known how close the Epstein heat was to Andrew. On two occasions the press had seasons of printing as much as they dared - meaning they know much more, and always will.

Unless however the ElderYorks really step out of line again - by no means impossible - it's likely that all the time The Queen is with us the UK press will keep its counsel. Still, the Epstein Connection, plus Yorkette's pimping for business in hotels, can't have improved Charles's opinion of the couple.

Andrew can duly see the way the narrative is going. During one of the big Royal occasions in recent years the balcony appearance was radically slimmed down to the A-List only, Andrew not making the cut. The message was instantly understood by 'Royal Watchers' and duly explained in genteel terms for plebeian subjects the length of the land.

If and when Charles ascends to his birthright the seismic change will be immense. Partly because The Queen has reigned for so very long, and represents an immense block of English history. The symbolism of the change representing a very new UK will leave Andrew looking and feeling anomalous, anachronistic, unfavoured. Possibly he'll overcompensate in unfortunate ways.

by Anonymousreply 84October 26, 2016 2:46 PM

Liz is a sex addict. It's well known in royal circles that she's had relations with thousands of men. Andrew was fathered by a Lord. There are even rumors of incest between Liz and Randy Andy.

by Anonymousreply 85October 26, 2016 2:53 PM

R85 - I'm going to block you for spreading lies.

by Anonymousreply 86October 26, 2016 2:55 PM

OP, it is all true. She can't get enough cock, even at her age.

by Anonymousreply 87October 26, 2016 2:59 PM

The Queen and Prince Philip favored Andrew over Charles because Andrew was a rough and tumble lad who liked sports and disliked formality. Charles was a bit like Felix Unger with his cello and stamp collection. They were very charmed by Andrew's robust nature and better looks, he took after Philip in that respect.

by Anonymousreply 88October 26, 2016 3:39 PM

Such a huge relief Andrew was the second son. Had he been the first-born, Great Britain would be facing the unthinkable prospect of a King Trump, with no recourse to the ballot box.

by Anonymousreply 89October 26, 2016 5:53 PM

R84, I would bet you that the "Epstein affair" was not the first time Andrew's name came up in relation to a sex scandal. Remember, back when he was young & single he dated Koo Stark, a name that's hard to forget, who was a well known porn star. The press's dubbing him "Randy Andy" was its own warning.

You're right. They have a lot of dirt on Andrew and they have withheld a lot of it for the sake of the Queen. But once she is gone they will happily resurrect all the dirt. In fact, I'm sure palace insiders, have quietly cleaned up a lot of Andrew's messes. His mother probably knows less than half the mess he's made.

I was reading the article about Trump and the mpdels and the wealthy men who went to Trump parties at his hotels. Cocaine and underaged girls. As someone was quoted in the article, no one asked if a girl was "age appropriate." They were models.

They were told "networking" would help their careers. It's not a big leap to go from that to Epstein and Anfrew and young underaged girls at all. Or drugs for that matter.

by Anonymousreply 90October 26, 2016 7:17 PM

Oh no doubt, I wouldn't be surprised at all that Andrew (and Sarah) have an appetite for fine grade cocaine.

by Anonymousreply 91October 26, 2016 7:24 PM

Since the primary "job" of the royals these days seems to be promotion of England, it doesn't really do Charles any good to employ two girls that are highly unpopular in the UK. Granted, their parents come with a considerable amount of baggage and that no doubt influences the situation, but I bet if one of them had taken the "Diana" route and become actively involved with charities, he wouldn't be looking to cut her because he'd know her PR value. As it is, neither of them clearly have any PR value and the people of the UK living austerity right resent them because they are forever going on lavish, public holidays.

by Anonymousreply 92October 26, 2016 7:37 PM

Andrew wrote the Queen a letter complaining about his daughters' situation. Things are heating up!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 93October 27, 2016 4:07 PM

The pragmatic thing for Beatrice and Eugenie to do, of course, is to accept that they are putting the Monarchy is a most difficult position, and outright tell their parents that they have no interest in living off the taxpayers.

They should be gracious in accepting this reality, as should their parents.

They would forever be held in greater favour by the public by doing so.

by Anonymousreply 94October 27, 2016 6:24 PM

It's not like Andrew and his daughters were working hard for the sake of the country. They don't work at all but they want the tax payer to fund their life of one long luxurious vacation. And in Andrew's case, his life of debauchery and sleeze. Charles is right, they'd better cut these people off the tit because every taxpayer sees this and for the average bloke life isn't getting easier and it makes them angry to see this.

by Anonymousreply 95October 27, 2016 6:43 PM

Charles is in the right here. It'd be interesting to know which party leaked this push on Andrew's behalf. Whoever it was did him no favours. He looks like a pushy entitled parent, who has put The Queen and his daughters in an awkward position.

His initiative might just have carried more weight had his daughters endeared themselves to the public through some admirable endeavour, but they haven't, so inspire no respect as ribbon-cutters. What are their causes and interests? They already seem as negligible as their mediocre mother.

Now this has gone public Andrew and his banal family are categorised yet more boldly as second-tier, at best. They could all have used their positions, had they the intelligence, to make themselves respected and somehow indispensable, but no. They're not up to it, and they think it doesn't matter.

by Anonymousreply 96October 27, 2016 7:21 PM

Taking this matter to the court of public opinion is very vulgar.

by Anonymousreply 97October 27, 2016 7:32 PM

I'm glad the battle is now in the public domain,; it will bring it to a head finally.

by Anonymousreply 98October 27, 2016 7:36 PM

Dear Mummy,

Although my daughters are both University educated, have absolutely no chance of inheriting the throne and have access to connection out the wazoo that will enable them to get a job pretty much anywhere they want, anywhere in the world, they would rather sponge off you. And I agree (as if that is any big suprise).

Do you have our bank account details.

Much Love

Randy Andy

by Anonymousreply 99October 27, 2016 9:59 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 100October 27, 2016 10:04 PM

I thought the Queen started scaling back on Andrew after he was photographed with Jeffrey Epstein not long after Epstein got out of prison. The Royal Family is smart to stay away from that story.

by Anonymousreply 101October 27, 2016 10:07 PM

Line 'em up and shoot them ...

by Anonymousreply 102October 27, 2016 10:13 PM

I would suggest that Charles have the footmen toss them both off the balcony at Buck Palace next time they are out there for a wave-fest.

by Anonymousreply 103October 27, 2016 10:40 PM

Mike Tindall is a former England rugby player, R74. He still plays for a minor team. Princess Anne's offspring are commoners so they can have as many holidays as they like. None of it is on the taxpayers' shilling. Princess Anne had the option of giving them titles but decided against it.

Anne is very 'doesn't suffer fools gladly' but generally gets a favourable press as do her children. Unlike Andrew and his progeny.

And Zara gets to bounce up and down on this below.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 104October 27, 2016 10:45 PM

Zara also has an Olympic Silkver Medal, and both she and her brother were expected to, and got, their own jobs. You have to feel for Eugenie and Beatrice (those names alone should be banned). A grifting slut for a mother and a layabout loser who parties with pedophiles for a father. The odds were stacked against them from an early age.

by Anonymousreply 105October 27, 2016 10:48 PM

Remember when Fergie was asking for dosh for access to Andrew? These people do not know the value of a hard day's work.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 106October 27, 2016 10:51 PM

The cold hard fact is that Andrew's daughters are so ugly that they scare the living crap out of children. Grown men have been known to retch in the street when they see them. They need to hide those two in a royal closet and leave them there. Let a nude Harry take on all public appearances and Wills and Kate can collect the tickets and serve tea and biscuits.

by Anonymousreply 107October 27, 2016 10:56 PM

Why are Charles and Andrew arguing with Patricia Heaton? Do they want to appear on her show?

by Anonymousreply 108October 27, 2016 10:57 PM

Have them marry Canadians or Australians and get them out of the country

by Anonymousreply 109October 27, 2016 10:57 PM

Have them become"fashion designers" like all the other useless celebrity daughters.

by Anonymousreply 110October 27, 2016 11:01 PM

Didn't the Queen give Andrew some incredible estate house?

by Anonymousreply 111October 27, 2016 11:09 PM

It is a sad circumstance really - Beatrice and Eugenie's parents behaved like children when beatrice & Eugenie needed them to be parents; and likely to make up for unsuccessful parenting Andrew and Fergie over-indulged them on the whole 'royal' thing; didn't bring them up to understand that they couldn't just 'stand around and be royal'; and now they are utterly clueless about making a go of their lives; sad really - the Queen should just give them both a few million each as a 'nuisance payment' and be done with it.

by Anonymousreply 112October 27, 2016 11:13 PM

Yes, r111, in 2004 she gave Andrew Royal Lodge on the Windsor estate, the Queen Mum's former residence.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 113October 27, 2016 11:17 PM

Andrew should sell the estate and give his daughters the money if they're wanting. Otherwise, there's the local job centre.

by Anonymousreply 114October 27, 2016 11:18 PM

I don't think Andrew can sell Royal Lodge outright. What the Queen gave him was a 75 year lease that comes with certain restrictions that are fairly well detailed in the Wikipedia article linked above.

by Anonymousreply 115October 27, 2016 11:25 PM

Andrew already sold his first house that the Queen gave to him and Fergie as a wedding gift. I think he got £15 million for it (or close to $20 million US dollars). Then he was homeless, so somehow an arrangement was worked out for Royal Lodge ....

by Anonymousreply 116October 27, 2016 11:43 PM

R54, royals can now marry Catholics and keep their place in the succession. Previously, they would have lost their place but an Act of Parliament in 2013 changed that, as it also removed male-preference primogeniture.

by Anonymousreply 117October 28, 2016 12:08 AM

As ever of these nit-wits have any chance of inheriting the throne. Unless they order a hit on half the family, it isn't going to happen. And I can just imagine Kate is keeping her powder very dry after being forced to curtsey to these 'princesses of the blood'.

by Anonymousreply 118October 28, 2016 12:10 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 119October 28, 2016 12:18 AM

But that was still £15 million clear in his pocket right?

by Anonymousreply 120October 28, 2016 12:20 AM

Dear Uncle Chuck,

If you cut us off the royal payroll, we'll sell the stories of the royal family to Rupert Murdoch in two seconds flat to get the kind of money we deserve, and constitutionally you couldn't do a thing about it.

So we'd think twice if we were you.

hugs and kisses from your nieces,

Beazus and Eugie

by Anonymousreply 121October 28, 2016 12:52 AM

But I think the girls are very good in bed - they do everything from eating dirty asshole to getting fucked with salad tongs. Just wild wild and (yes) crazy. I think they deserve a little respect for this !!

by Anonymousreply 122October 28, 2016 3:16 AM

[quote] Do they inherit anything when the queen dies or are they screwed in the will, too?

When the Queen's children and grandchildren were born, she set up trust funds from her private wealth. They are all rich, but not super rich like Middle East royalty. Also, years before she died, Queen Elizabeth, The Queen Mother set up trust funds for her great-grandchildren (except for the ones that weren't born yet) with the bulk of it going to Harry, Beatrice, and Eugenie. William's share is much smaller as he'll be king and will have public money and Peter and Zara aren't "Royal", so they won't need to support the lifestyle of royalty.

Diana left her estate equally to William and Harry, but rumor was that her personal share of the Spencer estate she inherited from her father was left to Harry to offset the wealth William will receive as monarch.

by Anonymousreply 123October 28, 2016 4:13 AM

Andrew and Charles don't share the same father. So Andrew is f*****.

by Anonymousreply 124October 28, 2016 4:43 AM

Wouldn't Charlotte be considered a 'blood princess'? Far more people would want to see her than the other two.

by Anonymousreply 125October 28, 2016 5:39 AM

the phrase you want is "princesses of the blood," r125, and Beatrice and Eugenie are also "princesses of the blood" as well as Charlotte.

Camilla and Kate Middleton are both princesses, but not of the blood.

by Anonymousreply 126October 28, 2016 6:02 AM

Dear Beazus and Eugie,

Word of advice: if you're thinking about selling stories to Mr Murdoch, run the idea past your Dad first. Hint - nobody's perfect, and your Dad knows an interesting man called Mr Epstein. I gather he makes films.

If you do go ahead and make friends with Mr Murdoch, keep in mind also that The Firm will infer you really don't want much to do with us at all any more, and we'll continue arrangements for the future accordingly - 'constitutionally.' Money being more important to you than family, do enjoy your future reputations and status.

Best of luck with all you attempt,

Uncle Chuck

by Anonymousreply 127October 28, 2016 6:09 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 128October 29, 2016 2:37 PM

Somehow, horse-faced Princess Anne managed to have two good-looking kids. How did that happen?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 129October 29, 2016 4:11 PM

r129 Why are Andrew's children princesses, but Anne's children only have aristocratic titles?

by Anonymousreply 130October 29, 2016 4:14 PM

R130 - Anne's children are just plain Mister and Miss (eg. Peter and Zara Phillips). Princess and her then-husband Mark Phillips decided NOT to receive any title from the Queen at the time of their marriage (eg. Earl, Duke etc...) and as a result their children are commoners.

by Anonymousreply 131October 29, 2016 4:23 PM

r131 Thanks for the response. And Anne's children seem to be far better people for it than Andrew's two brats.

by Anonymousreply 132October 29, 2016 4:30 PM

R130 - this is because the title of prince or princess passes through the male line, not the female line. The exception is children of a female monarch, such as Queen Elizabeth II. Neither the children of her sister, Princess Margaret, nor the children of her daughter, Princess Anne, have titles of prince or princess. Margaret's children have titles as children of an earl because Margaret's husband was made an earl at the time of their marriage. As noted earlier, Anne's first husband Mark Phillips declined to receive a title, so her children are just Mr. and Miss. Technically, Prince Edward's children are a prince and princess of the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland, but Edward and his wife Sophie decided to not have their children use their titles of prince and princess. One supposes that this was to keep the royal family smaller. It appears to have been a popular choice, as evidenced by people's disdain for Andrew's daughters, both princesses, Beatrice and Eugenie.

by Anonymousreply 133October 29, 2016 4:43 PM

r133 Obviously, Andrew had an ulterior motive for requesting the title of "princess" for both of his daughters, hoping they'd receive all the fringe benefits that Charles is threatening to take away. And I thought Fergie was schemer.

by Anonymousreply 134October 29, 2016 4:46 PM

R133 - Royal insiders have been saying for years that when Prince Philip dies, Prince Edward (aka the Earl of Wessex) will inherit his father's title, the Duke of Edinburgh. If the Queen is still alive, Edward's children would then become Prince and Princess of Edinburgh.

by Anonymousreply 135October 29, 2016 4:49 PM

It's easy to tell those of the Queen's children having good character. Andrew is quite the slag. And a perv to boot.

by Anonymousreply 136October 29, 2016 4:50 PM

Pleasing to consider Andrew's chagrin at his younger brother eventually being bestowed with their father's title.

Given Andrew's neurosis about perceived status, and all it might confer, he'll likely conjure it as another de facto demotion. It's all quite deliciously, simmeringly, Shakespearean.

by Anonymousreply 137October 29, 2016 6:12 PM

R129 Their father was nice looking.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 138October 29, 2016 6:33 PM

r135 So that royal cocksucker has his own agenda too, What a waste of British taxpayers dollars on this sorry lot.

by Anonymousreply 139October 29, 2016 6:35 PM

Also, Princess Anne is the Princess Royal, at title that Princess Charlotte can claim only on Princess Anne's death, as I believe "princess Royal" is a lifetime title and only can there be one (?)

by Anonymousreply 140October 29, 2016 6:47 PM

Ridiculous that Beatrice and Eugenie should have full royal status, as they're so far removed from the throne at this point.

by Anonymousreply 141October 29, 2016 6:48 PM

R137, the title of Duke of York is usually bestowed on the monarch's second son.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 142October 29, 2016 7:30 PM

R139, none of the royals gets a single dollar from the British taxpayer. For obvious reasons.

by Anonymousreply 143October 29, 2016 9:29 PM

R134, Andrew didn't "request" the title of princess for his daughters; they have the title automatically. R135, when Prince Philip dies, his title of Duke of Edinburgh is automatically inherited by his eldest son, the Prince of Wales. Charles can surrender the title and the Queen can bestow it (anew) on Edward. Or, when Charles becomes monarch, the title automatically reverts to the crown and he can bestow it (anew) on Edward. Put differently, Edward will never be 2nd Duke of Edinburgh. It would have to be a new creation.

by Anonymousreply 144October 29, 2016 9:55 PM

R140, you are right that there can be only one Princess Royal at a time so it can only be given again after Anne dies. However, Charlotte cannot "claim" it...it is bestowed by the monarch on his eldest daughter, so this couldn't occur until William assumes the throne.

by Anonymousreply 145October 29, 2016 9:57 PM

Hey, I thought I was a "Lady!"

by Anonymousreply 146October 29, 2016 10:21 PM

r129, would you post the pictures of the good looking kids that Anne has? They're not in that picture. Those two are fugly.

by Anonymousreply 147October 30, 2016 12:06 AM

When will this issue of true parentage finally come out? Andrew is not Philip's son.

by Anonymousreply 148October 30, 2016 12:50 AM

I like the Princess Royal a lot. I don't mind Charles, but I wish Anne could succeed her mother as Monarch - what a hoot!

by Anonymousreply 149October 30, 2016 12:55 AM

Can't you just see the Queen calling both of them to tea? "Charles, Andrew, you were raised Royal. We do not approve of your behavior." They're like Heat Miser and Snow Miser.

by Anonymousreply 150October 30, 2016 1:00 AM

Pretty sure that the decision is made that Andrew's daughters aren't making the cut; and all this brouhaha is simply Andrew storming around the palace breaking vases.

by Anonymousreply 151October 30, 2016 1:06 AM

I'm sure it will be a tea of rattling teacups.

by Anonymousreply 152October 30, 2016 1:13 AM

So... what are we to do with these giant scissors?

by Anonymousreply 153October 30, 2016 1:14 AM

[quote] Edward and his wife Sophie decided to not have their children use their titles of prince and princess.

They have aristocratic titles. The Queen decided their titles. I have a feeling Edward wasn't too happy about it. But he had no choice. His mother supports him and his family. His 50 room house was bought for him by his mother and she also pays his and his wife's salary.

From Wikipedia: Louise is styled as "Lady Louise Windsor", although letters patent issued in 1917 (and still remaining in force today) assign a princely status and the style of Royal Highness to all male-line grandchildren of a monarch.Therefore, all else being equal, Louise would have been styled as Her Royal Highness Princess Louise of Wessex. However, when her parents married, the Queen, via a Buckingham Palace press release, announced that their children would be styled as the children of an earl, rather than as princes or princesses. Thus, court communications refer to her as Lady Louise Windsor and they refer to her brother James as Lord Severn, which is one of his father's subsidiary titles. His full title is James, The Viscount Severn

by Anonymousreply 154October 30, 2016 2:07 AM

Doesn't Harry live in Kensington Palace, as well as William and Kate?

by Anonymousreply 155October 30, 2016 2:10 AM

Edward was the rebel of the family. He went out to work for "theatrical people." So common.

by Anonymousreply 156October 30, 2016 2:13 AM

Ugh, those vulgar show people!

by Anonymousreply 157October 30, 2016 2:15 AM

[quote] It's easy to tell those of the Queen's children having good character. Andrew is quite the slag. And a perv to boot.

The only one of the Queen's children who has good character is Anne. The other three are waste's of space

I will give credit to Edward and Sophie. Sophie had a big scandal about trading access to the Queen in exchange for business contracts. She learned her lesson. She gave up her business, was very contrite and hasn't stepped a foot out of place since then. She and Edward now do charity work and are paid a salary by the Queen out of her own money. They keep their noses clean and the media has nothing untoward to report about them for over a decade. Andrew and Fergie, NEVER, EVER learn any lessons from their fuck ups. Especially Fergie. Instead of keeping real quite and staying out of the public eye, she continues to put herself out in the public eye. She really has this fucked up distorted idea that she is some great jet setting philanthropist/charity czar (she's thinks she's another Diana). And the daughters (beatrice & Eugenie) insist on bringing their mother with them to charity events. BIG MISTAKE. Fergie is going to fuck up again. And they are going to be dragged into it. They've also turned into Freebie Fergie's themselves. They will go anywhere with any type of trash just to blag a free vacation. Again, BIG MISTAKE. The media has given a lot of respect to the royal family's fuck ups in the past 20 years out of deference to the Queen. Once the Queen passes on, the media will be after all of them. And a lot of the reason that Harry received a lot of shit from the media when he was a teenager was because his little bitch of a father's spin doctor (hired to rehabilitate CPB's image) gave out some of the stories to the press in exchange for favourable press for camilla parker bowles. He even gave out unfavourable things about William. William and Harry know this and don't want much to do with their father. So expect the knives to be out at the palace for the entire York family when Charles becomes King

by Anonymousreply 158October 30, 2016 2:31 AM

True, r158. Once the Queen goes, the media or the public isn't going to be so forgiving. Andrew and his daughters will get the brunt of it, and if they're smart they'll greatly lower their profiles.

by Anonymousreply 159October 30, 2016 2:37 AM

The British monarchy has survived when so many others have fallen because the royal family has been pretty good at reading the public sentiment. It has been imperiled when they haven't (e.g., in the days after Diana's death). For all of his peculiarities, Charles seems to be good at this. Keeping the royal family pared down is smart. Once the Gloucesters and the Kents are gone, there's no need to have royals who are cousins to the king (read: Beatrice and Eugenie, during the reign of King William),

by Anonymousreply 160October 30, 2016 2:53 AM

I'M NOT THE QUEEN (in the middle)

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 161October 30, 2016 2:56 AM

I miss Princess Margaret, she was such a fabulous bitch.

by Anonymousreply 162October 30, 2016 3:50 AM

Once Andrew is dead, Prince Harry becomes Duke of York. Wales was always the title given the heir to the Throne. Charles is Prince of Wales right now. When he becomes king, William will become Prince of Wales. The Royals also seem to reserve Duke of Gloucester and Duke of Kent for the heirs. But since there's only William and Harry and George, it won't go that way. There's no precedent that I can see for Beatrice & Eugenie to insist on being styled that way and getting the full treatment. There's only ever one Princess Royal.

by Anonymousreply 163October 30, 2016 5:35 AM

they can become princesses of the fascinators

by Anonymousreply 164October 30, 2016 5:40 AM

[quote] His 50 room house was bought for him by his mother and she also pays his and his wife's salary.

The house was not hers to buy as it was not for sale. She leased it for him. Once the lease is up, it can be let to someone else. Edward and his wife live in only part of the residence. He sublets the rest of the house and uses the rental income from it to help maintain the house. They pay for the nanny themselves, but the rest of the domestic staff are "borrowed" from Windsor Castle 10 miles away.

by Anonymousreply 165October 30, 2016 7:03 AM

Why have anyone stay in the Royal Family? Why not just have 0 royals and everyone commoners?

by Anonymousreply 166October 30, 2016 8:19 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 167October 30, 2016 2:31 PM

Lizzie is a slut and Andrew was fathered by one of her many fuck toys. That's why she favors him, he reminds her of being an insatiable cumdumpster. You think these people are any different to trailer park trash? Dream on!

by Anonymousreply 168October 30, 2016 2:38 PM

Of course she does, R167. Andrew is her favorite son and by all accounts she's close to her two York granddaughters and vice-versa. Remember Queen Elizabeth and her sister Margaret were princesses of York too.

by Anonymousreply 169October 30, 2016 2:47 PM

she needs to slap them

by Anonymousreply 170October 30, 2016 2:52 PM

R170 = yes, slap them with her handbag. It always looks so heavy wrapped around her arm.

by Anonymousreply 171October 30, 2016 2:55 PM

As other have said, when the Queen passes on, Charles will really start throwing his weight around and it won't be pretty. All these shenanigans wrought by Andrew (underage girls) and Fergie (drunken chats with journalist for bribes) are the nails that have sealed their coffins/fate. As for the girls, York girls, they will be on their own. They'll likely never get married (would have happened by now) so they will end up in living in their Swiss Chalet - a distant foggy memory in the minds of the British public and succeeding generations. Andrew and Fergie are in for a very rude awakening.

by Anonymousreply 172October 30, 2016 4:11 PM

The girls were smart enough to become close to William and Harry. Particularly Harry. He has a soft spot and he is big-hearted.

by Anonymousreply 173October 30, 2016 4:30 PM

R167 It's very tacky of them to be using the press to get at each other.

by Anonymousreply 174October 30, 2016 4:59 PM

I see the Princesses' future: Grey Gardens.

by Anonymousreply 175October 30, 2016 5:01 PM

I agree, R174.

by Anonymousreply 176October 30, 2016 5:29 PM

Why is it up to the Queen to decide who gets to feed off the public dole? Why isn't this decision up to Parliament?

by Anonymousreply 177October 30, 2016 5:30 PM

I wonder how much longer the Brits are going to put up with this nonsense. The monarchy's evolved a lot in the last few years but the taxpayers are still subsidizing lavish lifestyles. Oh well - not my problem - but I do miss Diana - she was a lot of fun !!

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 178October 30, 2016 5:32 PM

[quote] but I do miss Diana - she was a lot of fun !!

She was a tart.

by Anonymousreply 179October 30, 2016 6:00 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 180October 30, 2016 6:43 PM

R179 - Bonnie Prince Charlie was nothing to write home about.

by Anonymousreply 181October 30, 2016 6:45 PM

R180 Of course, the Queen got on a horse. Any excuse to spread her legs!

by Anonymousreply 182October 30, 2016 6:48 PM

You should talk r182

by Anonymousreply 183October 30, 2016 8:41 PM

Guls, Guls, Guls! Pipe down. Time for a Gin and Tonic and enough of this nonsense! Let's dance to a reel shall we??

by Anonymousreply 184October 30, 2016 8:44 PM

Netflix's "The Crown" premieres next week, November 4. It's a ten-part drama about the reign of Queen Elizabeth II and costs over $130 million to produce.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 185October 30, 2016 8:59 PM

Who is doing the Victoria? Is that going to be on PBS?

by Anonymousreply 186October 30, 2016 9:15 PM

How do you make Elizabeth interesting?

by Anonymousreply 187October 30, 2016 9:16 PM

Maybe they could profile me too - Uncle Dickie Mountbatten (aka Mountbottom)

Lord Louis was a great grandson of Queen Victoria and the uncle of Prince Philip (consort of Queen Elizabeth II). Mountbatten was also a promiscuous bisexual who was famously rumored to have had an affair with Edward VIII (who was Prince of Wales at the time).

Although Lord Louis married a, a fabulously wealthy socialite, he cut a wide swath through both high and low born men and women. As Mountbatten himself once put it, “ a and I spent all our married lives getting into other people's beds.” His wife was to have a torrid affair while in India with Panditji Nehru, Prime Minister of India, so it appears a merry old time was had by all. a, Nehru and Mountbatten (photo at right) were fully engaged in a classic love triangle, but it is generally acknowledged that Nehru was the love of a’s life. All three of them were known by insiders as having bisexual proclivities. Mountbatten said they were a "happy little threesome."

by Anonymousreply 188October 30, 2016 9:22 PM

And.....Uncle Dickie set me up with countless aristocratic ladies so I could 'sow my wild oats' with the greatest degree of discretion as it were. Marvelous uncle I dare say!

by Anonymousreply 189October 30, 2016 9:26 PM

Mountbottom.

by Anonymousreply 190October 30, 2016 10:12 PM

Ghost of Di, I believe you're thinking of Catherine of Russia.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 191October 30, 2016 11:12 PM

Andrew should give Charles hell. After Charles' adulterous affair with Camilla causing scandal and disgrace, not to mention the international embarrassment of Diana, he has no moral ground to deny anyone anything especially two young princesses willing to take on the job.

by Anonymousreply 192October 30, 2016 11:59 PM

Charles is in a position of POWER. And when the Queen passes, ABSOLUTE POWER. If I were Randy Andy, I'd shut the f*** up and be grateful for any royal crumbs that come my way. And William has zero allegiance to the York sisters. He has no time for that herd of dysfunctional bleating goats. Harry will do as William says.

by Anonymousreply 193October 31, 2016 12:06 AM

The only way Andrew's brats will be set is if the Queen provides for them either before death or in her will. After that, they are screwed because Charles will call all the shots.

by Anonymousreply 194October 31, 2016 12:13 AM

Even the Will could be contested. I would not put anything past Charles. Nothing. When you're in Power, you call the shots. End of story. Andrew just signed his own 'death warrant.'

by Anonymousreply 195October 31, 2016 12:16 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 196October 31, 2016 12:24 AM

Wait until Prince Philip dies and Andrew and Sarah remarry. Like it or not, the Duchess of York will be back in the royal fold for good. I've also read that Sarah and Camilla are friends.

by Anonymousreply 197October 31, 2016 12:26 AM

I wish there was a voice of reason today like the MP Willie Hamilton ( 1917-2000 ). He went against the grain of the knee bending, forelock tuggers of Britain in the 1970's and described Princess Margaret as "this expensive kept woman" for her £82,000 allowance. He then said of the Queen Mother, "It is obscene that this House should be spending its time giving an old lady like that £95,000." In 1981 he demanded that the Windsors and the Spencers pay for the "disgusting display of conspicuous wealth" - the wedding of the Prince of Wales and Lady Diana - instead of the taxpayer. He introduced a bill to abolish hereditary peerages. In 1983 he said the Queen should have her inflation-geared overpayment clawed back like that of old-age pensioners. Nobody today challenges this outdated nonsense, why does anyone give a fuck about this inbred family of talentless freeloaders?

by Anonymousreply 198October 31, 2016 12:41 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 199October 31, 2016 12:52 AM

Andrew is out of touch. His daughters are peripheral at best. In due course Harry will marry so there will be six adults as the principal members of the next iteration of the Royal Family. There is enormous respect for Princess Anne and I think considerably so for Prince Edward and his wife. They have all earned their continued place until such time as they "retire." They are also important for continuity... they are living links to the Queen, who is now indelible, even when Charles is king. In any event, that's nine adults to handle the job.

The York girls count for little in 2016. They should get looking for titled husbands and live comfortably in pampered indolence. They are luckier than most without having to add ribbon cutting to their routines.

by Anonymousreply 200October 31, 2016 12:54 AM

"Retire" from what R200 ? Waving?

by Anonymousreply 201October 31, 2016 12:59 AM

Whatever it is you're attempting to convey there R199 , the effect is confused and very poor.

by Anonymousreply 202October 31, 2016 1:06 AM

The York girls will likely never marry in any aristocratic circles. If they marry at all. Men in those circles marry supermodels or extraordinarily successful women in their own right. These two have neither the looks nor any talent to speak of and they have two extremely dysfunctional parents to drag around continually to run-of-the-mill art gallery or fashion store openings.

R201 - Let's not forget the Annual Chelsea Flower Show. Plenty of waving and smiling there too.

by Anonymousreply 203October 31, 2016 1:22 AM

R203 aristos tend to marry "within the ranks". They may fuck a model or two on the side but they marry girls who've been brought up to run a large estate and know how things are done.

by Anonymousreply 204October 31, 2016 1:31 AM

What do Edward and his boring wife do and how come we never see pics of their kid? I heard rumors she's retarded or something.

by Anonymousreply 205October 31, 2016 1:35 AM

In days one by, they would have been married off to foreign royalty by now.

by Anonymousreply 206October 31, 2016 1:41 AM

R198 Firstly, the Queen doesn't receive money from the taxpayer anymore, it's all funded from the Crown Estate now. Secondly, the family outside the Queen and Prince Phillip don't get a penny of it.

And thirdly, an elected president would still be performing the same functions and would therefore receive the same finance, only with the added cost of elections.

by Anonymousreply 207October 31, 2016 1:45 AM

Those days are gone r204. If they had the looks, maybe. They don't even have that. Or money. Or practical skills on how to run an estate as you say. They have been mollycoddled since birth and living in a dream fantasy concocted by Andy and Fergie. Why do you think Bee hung around Clark so long? She was under the grand delusion that he was in love with her and would marry her - which of course he never intended t do in the first place. He was her best bet. Which is kind of saying a lot.

by Anonymousreply 208October 31, 2016 1:55 AM

r198 - I agree with all you say but the monarchy is popular in the UK, According to the article below 68% approve - the Brits are proud of their history - that's easy to understand. But I do expect it will be scaled back a lot - the process has already been started and by the time the queen dies I think it will start to look very different.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 209October 31, 2016 1:57 AM

Far from being a drain on the economy, the monarchy is a boon to the economy. It also employs people. But those who say the Yorkies have no skills are right. I agree they should have thought of a way out for themselves years ago, or else had enterprising Sarah come up with a scheme.

From what I know of Sarah she has no allies within the Royal family. None of them can stand her including her former mother-in-law. Now if the girls had any sense at all, they come up with their own line of dry goods, or fashion, or jewelry.

They might consider doing some cute tours of estates and tell little clever anecdotes for BBC. WTF ever. The fact is they have no competencies. One of them is still pretty, but the other resembles a raccoon about the eyes, and has horse teeth.

In the old days, when Britain still had an empire, they used to send eligible ladies to India to find husbands because women were in short supply. They called the annual trek to India by marriageable young-ish women, the "Fishing Fleet." There's even a fascinating book by the same title. Worth a read.

by Anonymousreply 210October 31, 2016 2:30 AM

I for one am sick with worry!

by Anonymousreply 211October 31, 2016 2:49 AM

I've read that the Queen gets along well enough with Fergie but that Phillip will not allow her in his presence. Who knows? Or cares....

by Anonymousreply 212October 31, 2016 3:42 AM

Fergie is so awful. Andrew is so awful. Their children just a couple of steps from being retarded hoping to get high paying "jobs" for which they would do pretty much nothing. All horrible people ... but at least the Royals don't have any real power and they give people something to talk about. Better than Sarah Palin or Donald Trump or Ted Cruz etc., etc.,

by Anonymousreply 213October 31, 2016 5:02 AM

I think Fergie is dreadful trash, too. All the moreso because she puts on such pompous airs. She is a vile, cheap grifter.

by Anonymousreply 214October 31, 2016 5:23 AM

Charles would be wise to remember that at one time, his mother and her sister were essentially Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie (the only daughters of the Duke of York). It's understandable why she'd be hesitant to see them swept under a rug. Granted, it's highly unlikely Beatrice would ever become queen since she's slipped from 5th to 8th in the line of succession...

by Anonymousreply 215October 31, 2016 5:24 AM

I like Sarah Ferguson. Always have. I hope she and Andrew remarry. They obviously still care for each other very much. And it would just piss off Charles. And Charles is no one to talk given his behavior during his marriage to Diana.

by Anonymousreply 216October 31, 2016 7:20 AM

It's pathetic that this collection of no-hopers are still of interest to anyone, they are the original Kardashians. An elected president has to make some kind of effort to get to the position and can be gotten rid of after a few years, but this mob and their descendants merely have to be born and then loiter around being grovelled to for ever. The claustrophobic class system in Britain is fueled by having these dreadful people at the 'head' of it. Of course the public are overwhelmingly in favor of them , in case you hadn't noticed people are unbelievable stupid.

by Anonymousreply 217October 31, 2016 7:32 AM

R217, they are harmless and and are tabloid fodder, so serve their intended purpose. A presidency would mean taxpayers' money going to some superannuated politico, which would piss even more people off. Since power resides in parliament, what would be the purpose of a president? To me it is like someone going full atheist then replacing the religion with some other pointless dogma, like veganism. Same shit when all is said and done.

by Anonymousreply 218October 31, 2016 10:41 AM

Dear Beazus and Huge-enie, and R121

I would be very careful before you lift up your phones to call anyone. I don't have a problem selling out my two sons to the media and trading unsavory stories about them in exchange for a little good press about my mistress/now wife. I will take you and your horrid, wretched parents down in a heartbeat.

So the both of you wasters would do very well to think twice before you do or say anything against me or my wife (my kids are fair game though)

Fondly,

Uncle Charles

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 219October 31, 2016 8:19 PM

R202, your over-committed and insane slobbering over the topic in eight posts certainly is less cogent than was the brilliant R199's comments. Apparently you don't even know when you've been beheaded. Well, perhaps that's not surprising.

By all means continue your ranting. The head keeps at it even when disconnected.

by Anonymousreply 220October 31, 2016 8:36 PM

You're an idiot R220

by Anonymousreply 221October 31, 2016 9:00 PM

r220 - take you meds - I think you skipped a dose ..

by Anonymousreply 222October 31, 2016 9:40 PM

If Andrew wants to marry Sarah after the Queen dies, he will need Charles' permission, under the law, or forfeit his place in the succession.

by Anonymousreply 223October 31, 2016 9:50 PM

Anyone who believes Andrew and Fergie "care deeply for one another" is delusional. Both of them are degenerates and grifters. Fergie literally blackmailed Andrew into finding her a place to live in Royal housing "for the children's sake." They are partners in crime sort of relationship. I imagine there's a grudging fondness there by they're not in love and will never remarry. They have a very "transactional " relationship. They friendly in their way, but believe it when I tell you either one of them would sell the other for the promise of a drink.

by Anonymousreply 224October 31, 2016 10:23 PM

He has no realistic hope of ever gaining the throne r223 so giving up place is meaningless, if he really wanted to there'd be no logical reason to stop him. If anything he might welcome the publicity because Charles denying permission would gain the unlovable Airmiles Andy some public sympathy.

As it is I don't think Chuck would give a flying fuck one way or the other - Chuck himself married a divorcée and he's going to be head of the Church of England so why would he deny permission to someone who won't have any hope of the throne re-marrying his own wife?

by Anonymousreply 225October 31, 2016 10:39 PM

Well stated r225. Andrew has his colorful personal life which we can only imagine judging from his visit to Epstein's island. Fergie tries at every opportunity to ingratiate herself with the royals and Andrew but they've moved on from her. Andrew tried to get a high profile British business woman Amanda Staveley to marry him a few years ago without success. She married a rich Muslim businessman instead. Andrew chases money and very fun times......as seen in an excerpt from a 2012 Vanity Fair profile:

A woman who knows Andrew well told The Times, “[He is] pretty base in terms of women,” she said. “He is a boobs-and-bum man. There is nothing sophisticated about it. One minute you’re having your bum pinched, and the next minute he is reminding you he is Your Royal Highness.”

The most bizarre incident of recent times came when Courtney Love announced on-air during an interview with Russell Brand on Britain's Channel 4 that Andrew had turned up at her house at 1 in the morning, looking “to party." "He's come to Hollywood to look for chicks. I don't know what he expected at my house; I think he thought it was going to be like a party," Love said. Andrew’s spokesman was forced to admit the Prince had visited her house, but claimed the prince—teetotal since the age of 19—only had a cup of tea.

Last year, Prince Andrew stepped down from his job as U.K. trade ambassador following a damaging scandal over his friendship with Jeffrey Epstein, the billionaire money-manager who was sentenced to 18 months in jail in 2008 after admitting to soliciting an underage girl for prostitution. Epstein was alleged to have used his fleet of private aircraft to send underage girls around the world for sex, and a photograph surfaced of Andrew with his arm around the waist of one of these girls, then-17-year-old Virginia Roberts (there is no suggestion Andrew had any sexual involvement with the girl).

by Anonymousreply 226October 31, 2016 10:56 PM

I think Sarah is many, many decades too old for Andrew now.

by Anonymousreply 227November 1, 2016 12:24 AM

[quote]Andrew’s spokesman was forced to admit the Prince had visited her house, but claimed the prince—teetotal since the age of 19—only had a cup of tea.

Oh, my sides!

by Anonymousreply 228November 1, 2016 12:28 AM

Yeah, teetotal and doesn't like or chase after young pussies.

by Anonymousreply 229November 1, 2016 12:38 AM

I thought the civil list, which governs payment to the Royal Family, is set by the Government. The Queen would have to pay out of her own purse if they want to add these two spongers to the list of ryoal layabouts. There's no way a post-Brexit government will increase the Civil List, unless they want Civil War with the electorate.

by Anonymousreply 230November 1, 2016 3:45 AM

The Queen is playing both sides of the fence. The old bitch had better watch her step.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 231November 1, 2016 4:15 PM

R230The Civil List doesn't exist anymore. The Queen gets a cut of the profits from the Crown Estate.

by Anonymousreply 232November 1, 2016 4:33 PM

Quite right that Andrew will need permission form Charles if he chooses to re-marry. And faced with giving up his line of succession I'm sure Andrew would recant and not pursue marriage at all. His Royalty IS his currency - and that's all he's got to trade on. Granted he would still be the Queen's son, and Royal, but very much diminished after recusing himself from succession.

by Anonymousreply 233November 1, 2016 5:22 PM

Obviously Andrew needs to use all his 'favourite' chips while he still can. I doubt he has much sense of moderation. When nature takes its course with HMQ, he'll be the favourite of no-one important. Quite the opposite.

Charles may be seen, or reported, to lose a battle or two. Which will be face-saving devices for Andrew. But everyone knows who holds all the aces in the long run. 'Favourites' are irrelevant but for 'Daily Mail' window-dressing. The paramount line of communication is between The Queen, Charles and William, with Andrew noisily nowhere.

by Anonymousreply 234November 1, 2016 7:32 PM

Look at Andrew's face! He has Gin Face. No way he's a teatotaler. He has the enlarged pores, the doughy, bloated, sking og someone who eats lots of red meat swills gin and smokes ciggies. On the regular. He probably pees himself and has issues with chronic constipation. You can tell. He's a piggy, and he may well die before his Mum. Of course if he did, Lizzie would do everything possible to secure his daughters' future. She will likely remember them in her will as things stand now because she knows once she dies Charles will cast them out into the darkness! Be gone!

by Anonymousreply 235November 1, 2016 7:36 PM

I think there is a lot of misinformation put out there by Fergie and Andrew. Another Vanity Fair peice said they are not that close. Andrew takes care of her mostly to keep her from being an embarrassment to the family and for his daughters. Most of the talk they are close come from her interviews. There were even rumors he knew she was seeing access to him but was desperate to keep her from another embarrassing bankruptcy. So I don't trust these stories that the Queen adores the girls and sides with him. I think it is put out there by them trying to court public opinion. After all Fergie saw Diana do this for years. The Queen is still the Queen. She can do something about this if she wants and could have had all her children on the balcony if she wanted.

by Anonymousreply 236November 1, 2016 7:54 PM

Andrew probably won't need Charles' permission to marry. That rule applies to the first six in line to the throne. That leaves William, Harry George and Charlotte accounted for. It is on the record the Cambridges want another baby. If Harry marries as expected he's likely to have at least one child.

by Anonymousreply 237November 2, 2016 3:00 AM

I don't think Harry will marry because he likes cock too much. Get ready for a big announcement once Prince Philip and the Queen have died.

by Anonymousreply 238November 2, 2016 3:47 AM

They are harmless?

by Anonymousreply 239November 3, 2016 12:38 AM

Have you heard the latest r238? Harry has fallen for a U.S. divorcee who stars in a tv series. It's all over the media.

by Anonymousreply 240November 3, 2016 1:16 AM

American divorcees and Britsh Royalty never end well.

by Anonymousreply 241November 3, 2016 1:19 AM

What R241 said.

by Anonymousreply 242November 3, 2016 1:20 AM

R238 is wishing and wishing just as hard as he can but alas the ginger prince is a pussy hound.

by Anonymousreply 243November 3, 2016 1:21 AM

R215 I hadn't thought if that. Good point.

by Anonymousreply 244November 3, 2016 1:25 AM

But what about Pippa?

by Anonymousreply 245November 3, 2016 1:32 AM

Pippa's got her church booked for next year's 'society' wedding. Little George will probably be in the wedding party - front and center - all dolled up in his frilly little royal glad rags.

by Anonymousreply 246November 3, 2016 1:35 AM

I think Pippa is just happy to be getting off the shelf r246. She's not a beauty, she's not witty (or at least her books are tedious, amateurish exemplars of banality), she's getting a bit long in the tooth to still be playing the giddy deb-around-town - not that she's of a social class to be a deb of course. She's had a few failed relationships now so she's got to close the deal this time.

by Anonymousreply 247November 3, 2016 3:48 AM

it's always said Andrew is the Queen's favorite. How do people know this? What has she done or said that leads everyone to believe this?

by Anonymousreply 248November 3, 2016 5:29 AM

Everything was always "Andrew, Andrew, Andrew!"

by Anonymousreply 249November 3, 2016 6:08 AM

Probably because most people always assume that the good looking one is the parent of the opposite sex's favorite.

by Anonymousreply 250November 3, 2016 7:02 AM

We had an Andrew in our family. Really in my mother's family. Her brother. All their young lives she and her other two sisters and two brothers felt that he was "the favorite" but the fact was he demanded more attention because he was always getting into things, and was a problem. They only way their mother could keep him on the straight and narrow was to keep him close, distract him, humor him. Harsh discipline seemed to make him worse. He responded to positive strategies not threats or intimidation. Later, when they were all adults with their own families, my grandmother admitted Herbie was exhausting to raise and even as an adult she always worried because he was still "getting into things."

by Anonymousreply 251November 3, 2016 8:05 AM

Sarah and Andrew are still very close. This past year, they bought a $13 million chalet in the Swiss Alps together.

by Anonymousreply 252November 3, 2016 8:16 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 253November 3, 2016 12:00 PM

r253 delete "from" - corrected

by Anonymousreply 254November 3, 2016 12:09 PM

R251 is it Andrew or Herbie?

by Anonymousreply 255November 3, 2016 6:31 PM

R255 I only meant that Uncle Herbie was our "Andrew." My point being he wasn't really a favorite so much as he required a lot of attention.

by Anonymousreply 256November 3, 2016 9:17 PM

I wonder how many different fascinators Beatrice could make out of an old jumper?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 257November 4, 2016 4:03 AM

Andrew is into young women now so it's extremely unlikely he'll remarry Sarah. He's stuck with her cos she's the mother of his children.

by Anonymousreply 258November 5, 2016 1:30 PM

I think Fergie is really, really weird. I don't get her motivation. There was a time she was dating a Scandinavian food billionaire... if she wanted security she could have surely snagged it then. Yet she persists in this sit com shack up at Andrew's house, on the periphery of a family where the patriarch will not tolerate her and the rest, one assumes, would be about as thrilled to see her at a family function as a fart. She's had options. Yet she is invested in this weird life. I cannot figure that broad out. She could find money to sustain her elsewhere yet she persists in this semi exile with people that presumably don't like her very much.

by Anonymousreply 259November 5, 2016 2:36 PM

She might have snagged a rich husband, but should have automatically lost her title as Duchess of York. (The divorced wife of a peer is allowed to use the title unless she remarries.) That may have factored into her decision to not marry someone else. Or perhaps she has BO.

by Anonymousreply 260November 5, 2016 2:41 PM

"should" = "she would"

by Anonymousreply 261November 5, 2016 2:42 PM

I recall stories that said there was a recent softening towards her, with invitations to one or two key Royal events - maybe Easter or Christmas, maybe a mid-level State Dinner. Naturally she'd have been placed where she could do least damage, and be expected to show gratitude. She'd literally have been put in her place.

Given those indications of a mild thaw - doubtless rationalised by TPTB as being good for her children - she'd certainly dig her heels in for the chance of any more Royal crumbs. Despite her charmless impulsiveness, even she can see that it's worth playing a longish game.

The longer she hangs around, the harder it'll be to get rid of her when Charles wears his crown. She'll be a tolerated part of the scenery. If she went off with a billionaire she'd give Charles the excuse to diminish her tenuous status in the family to virtual invisibility.

by Anonymousreply 262November 5, 2016 3:13 PM

Except the family will change under Charles in ways the render the York girls even more irrelevant than they already are. The Royal Family will come to be seen in everyone's eyes as Charles and his sons and their wives and children. For sentiments sake at some occasions they will roll out his brothers and sister.

Anne's kids play no meaningful role in public life. It is a good guess Edward's won't either. Andrew is the only one who can't seem to grasp the Royal Family isn't living in 1890, when the extended Royal Family commanded respect and deference.

So when the Royal Family essentially becomes Charles' family, she's not really got any status left to cling to.

All that said, when Philip goes, I bet any money they do remarry. My gut says that is what she's waiting for now.

by Anonymousreply 263November 5, 2016 3:18 PM

Yeah. good call on re-marrying Ferguson r263 = Jeffrey Epstein

by Anonymousreply 264November 5, 2016 6:32 PM

With each change of monarch, the focus of the royal family changes. The son or daughter of the monarch becomes just the sibling of the monarch, etc. Many royals over the years have grumbled about it.

by Anonymousreply 265November 5, 2016 6:42 PM

[quote] What do Edward and his boring wife do and how come we never see pics of their kid? I heard rumors she's retarded or something.

They try to keep their kids as protected from attention as possible. They don't want them turning out like William, Harry, Beatrice, and Eugenie.

by Anonymousreply 266November 5, 2016 6:57 PM

Edward's daughter has an eye disorder, but is not retarded. The son is fine. They are growing up much more normally than the others. Edward and Sophie were wise to have them not use the title of prince or princess, or the "HRH."

by Anonymousreply 267November 5, 2016 8:41 PM

Re: Andrew's sense of entitlement

At the end of the day, Andrew's mother *is* the queen and by all accounts, he's her favorite. Even if Charles wants to streamline operations, he can't put the Duke of York on the sidelines (a title held by Henry VIII and Queen Elizabeth II's own father).

That said, his daughters are wastes of space, especially Beatrice.

by Anonymousreply 268November 7, 2016 12:19 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 269December 8, 2016 4:51 PM

Call me the Queen of Couldn't Care Less.

by Anonymousreply 270December 8, 2016 4:53 PM

r269 That closeted fag doesn't want much for his fugly daughters does he?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 271December 8, 2016 5:14 PM

R47, the Grimaldis are Catholic, so a marriage to the Protestant Windsors is out of the question.

by Anonymousreply 272December 8, 2016 5:38 PM

Please people get the expression correct: it's Couldn't Care Less

by Anonymousreply 273December 8, 2016 6:33 PM

The story's been leaked to make Andrew look like the blundering entitled desperado he is. Andrew's acting bigly now to close the deal with his mother before some eager chumps take his daughters up the aisle. Maybe he thinks an Earldom on the table will speed things up, make the girls more sought-after. Specially as Charles's influence grows by the month.

Andrew is the Trump of the Royal family, and it wouldn't surprise me if Epstein brokers a meeting. You can bet that The Duchess of Pork also thinks she can 'do business' with the ultimate vulgarian. The inevitable State Visit would be worth paying good money to eavesdrop.

by Anonymousreply 274December 8, 2016 7:25 PM

R273 That's what I said.

by Anonymousreply 275December 8, 2016 7:29 PM

I'll pray for them.

by Anonymousreply 276December 8, 2016 7:56 PM

[quote]The son or daughter of the monarch becomes just the sibling of the monarch, etc.

I don't understand that sentence. How can you go from being the child of someone to being their sibling?

by Anonymousreply 277December 8, 2016 8:04 PM

Will it be a Christmas of rattling teacups?

by Anonymousreply 278December 8, 2016 8:09 PM

R277: Andrew is now just the son of the monarch. In several years he'll be the sibling of the monarch. Nothing more.

by Anonymousreply 279December 8, 2016 8:17 PM

Ok, of a different monarch.

by Anonymousreply 280December 8, 2016 8:35 PM

God, those girls dress like shit! Randy Andy dies not want Fergie. He is stuck with her to try to keep her from embarrassing the family which in turn would hurt the girls chances with Charles keeping them in the fold. But Charles is right and the public doesn't have any patience with this especially since their two other siblings want their children to make their own way. I would not be surprised if Charles leaks this so Andy and the Queen can see how little the public cares for these two girls and don't want to have to support them. In aristocratic circles these two girls should be able to marry money and the royal family done with them. Since that is not working out, we can only guess at how fuck ed up and entitled they must be.

by Anonymousreply 281December 8, 2016 8:36 PM

[quote][R47], the Grimaldis are Catholic, so a marriage to the Protestant Windsors is out of the question.

Not any more. The same act of a year or two ago that allows first born girls to inherit the Throne also allows the Monarch or his/her heirs to marry a Catholic.

by Anonymousreply 282December 9, 2016 1:39 AM

Look. Beatrice & Eugenie have been very cunning in spending time with Granny. She likes them and hasn't the heart to let go of them. But as for work, they do nothing. Nada. If you want to be on the payroll then dammit do some work. Even their father was a UK Trade Rep...OK it got him in some trouble and he resigned the position, but still... the point being these are two lazy, unattractive likeable girls, girls we'd consider groupies or hangers-on in high school.

by Anonymousreply 283December 9, 2016 3:25 AM

R282, don't know how a Royal/Catholic marriage would work since I would assume that a royal has to be CofE since the monarch is head of the church, while Catholics insist that when intermarrying the children must be raised Catholics. I guess this won't be an issue until George starts dating, so...

by Anonymousreply 284December 9, 2016 8:02 AM

The British Royals can now marry Catholics but they themselves can't be Catholic. Well, they can, but then they can't be in line to the throne. And, any kids of the union have to be Church of England, too.

And, since other Catholic Royals probably can't/won't marry Protestant Royals for similar reasons, it makes it unlikely anyway.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 285December 9, 2016 8:25 AM

Sarah, Duchess of York, the only one of the bunch who is interesting and has some pizzazz.

by Anonymousreply 286December 9, 2016 8:39 AM

r286 When did they let you out the psych ward?

by Anonymousreply 287December 9, 2016 9:55 AM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 288December 9, 2016 6:40 PM

Sarah, Duchess of York, is dumber than toast.

by Anonymousreply 289December 9, 2016 7:38 PM

Re: R288. Andrew saw the leak and how it made him look. He's also seen the writing on the wall. He's not in the Royals' A-List, but doesn't want to be the tabloids' villain as his father and mother enter this phase of especial reverence. Game set and match to Charles.

by Anonymousreply 290December 9, 2016 7:58 PM

It was always going to be game, set and match to Charles eventually, he's the Prince of Wales. Andrew thought he could get around his brother by going to his mother (as usual) and he's found out that it won't work anymore.

The Pork girls and their support is going to stay Andy's problem.

by Anonymousreply 291December 9, 2016 8:14 PM

Unless Andrew thinks mama is immortal then it should've been Chuck he was buttering up. When mama shuffles off this mortal coil Andrew will be left without anyone to go crying to.

by Anonymousreply 292December 9, 2016 8:33 PM

The "No" to the Yorkies on the payroll is coming from Charles and, presumably, from most of the other senior royals.

Those girls need rich husbands and/or cushy, mostly no-show jobs.

by Anonymousreply 293December 9, 2016 11:47 PM

Well, the girls haven't taken their positions seriously. Even Harry, who always loves a party, has settled down to work, and he has an excellent image now, very popular, as opposed to his low point a couple of years ago, with those photos in Vegas or WTF ever. Harry takes his duties as a Royal seriously and he has served in the armed forces. Beatrice & Eugenie are all about fun and even though they are close to their Royal cousins, they don't get much sympathy since they are both lazy cows.

by Anonymousreply 294December 10, 2016 4:38 AM

I read long ago that the reason Andrew was the Queen's favorite was that she was able to spend more time with him as a child than she could with Charles and Anne. Given that Elizabeth became Queen after Charles and Anne were born but still quite young, her royal duties took up so much of her time during those early years that there was less time for her two older children.

There is an almost 10 year gap between Anne and Andrew. By the time Andrew came along, the Queen was settled and comfortable in being Queen and had more time to spend with the newest child. - Andrew.

by Anonymousreply 295December 10, 2016 7:23 AM

Also because the parent usually prefers the best looking child of the opposite sex.

by Anonymousreply 296December 10, 2016 7:57 AM

by Anonymousreply 297May 21, 2018 12:33 AM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!