Hello and thank you for being a DL contributor. We are changing the login scheme for contributors for simpler login and to better support using multiple devices. Please click here to update your account with a username and password.

Hello. Some features on this site require registration. Please click here to register for free.

Hello and thank you for registering. Please complete the process by verifying your email address. If you can't find the email you can resend it here.

Hello. Some features on this site require a subscription. Please click here to get full access and no ads for $1.99 or less per month.

Art Bell

Any fans of him on DL? Feel free to reminisce about Coast to Coast AM here.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 109April 2, 2018 7:24 PM

His successor George Noory is a lot more political and sometimes annoying.

by Anonymousreply 1October 23, 2016 6:33 AM

I listened to a recording of the panicking guy who said he was calling from Area 51. I didn't find it credible. I forgot one phrase the guy kept saying but it didn't make sense to say it if you were in fear for your life. Instead, It was like a radio play.

by Anonymousreply 2October 23, 2016 7:36 AM

I can't listen to the show anymore.

Way too political and Noory always starts off with, "We are not endorsing any candidate or trying to persuade your vote..." and then the show is nothing but Hillary bashing.

by Anonymousreply 3October 23, 2016 7:49 AM

Stopped after Noory came on. Gave him a try but he entertained too many fools and is a horrible interviewer.

by Anonymousreply 4October 23, 2016 7:51 AM

Is this a wackadoodle conspiracy theorist program?

by Anonymousreply 5October 23, 2016 8:01 AM

I would listen to this show on my Walkman radio as a kid after lights out. The bumper music was great but I didn't really believe the guests. It was weirdly comforting though, like drifting off to old episodes of Murder, She Wrote.

by Anonymousreply 6October 23, 2016 8:01 AM

Way too many commercials, on too late, and too much nonsense mixed in.

by Anonymousreply 7October 23, 2016 8:48 AM

It sucks now. There are far superior paranormal podcasts if that's what you're after.

by Anonymousreply 8October 23, 2016 9:01 AM

Like r6, I discovered Art as a kid, listening to my Walkman when I should have been sleeping. I'd always been interested in sci-fi and speculative stuff, so the show was right up my alley then, even though it was clear that some guests were just nut jobs. It was still fun to hear that kind of stuff discussed in a serious way.

Art is truly a great interviewer, and he made it clear when he thought a guest was full of crap - he wasn't afraid to challenge them. I listened on and off for years but finally got creeped out after Art's wife Ramona died and he remarried within three months to some Filipina mail-order bride barely out of her teens. Ick.

Under George Noory, the show has become a mega-politicized right-wing shitfest full of the lowest, dirtiest, most paranoid wingnuts who despise anything liberal. And George is truly an awful interviewer. It's unlistenable now except when George Knapp or some of the other guest hosts fill in.

by Anonymousreply 9October 23, 2016 9:09 AM

I like Dave Schrader and his own show is really good. I also really liked Ian Punnett.

by Anonymousreply 10October 23, 2016 9:23 AM

Bell has a great radio voice and a natural talent for what he did.

by Anonymousreply 11October 23, 2016 11:16 AM

R8, or anybody really, can you recommend some good alternatives to C2C? Like some of you have said, I'm just about fed up with Noory and his right-wing tendencies.

by Anonymousreply 12October 23, 2016 12:32 PM

When it comes to spreading conspiracy theories and misinformation this show has done more damage than Rush Limbaugh and Fox News put together.

by Anonymousreply 13October 23, 2016 1:46 PM

Very intriguing show, I listen to it every night.

by Anonymousreply 14October 23, 2016 2:15 PM

The bumper music 🎶 is the best part of the show.

by Anonymousreply 15October 23, 2016 2:17 PM

I LOVED to listen to Art way back! Remember the guy that would pretend he could remote view Jesus & Hitler? It was all so weird and fun. Something horrible happened to his son.. he was raped or molested?? Anyone know what actually happened? Art seemed to jump the shark around that time. I gave up on the program about that time.. but it was great fun to keep you awake when driving through the night. I too loved the music and Art's wonderful interviews.

by Anonymousreply 16October 23, 2016 2:35 PM

Every guest had a book or some other up-sell. Even as a kid I took the claims as seriously as a camp fire ghost story.

by Anonymousreply 17October 23, 2016 5:46 PM

I listened at length to the show a total of maybe 50 times during the Art Bell years, when I was driving late at night or sometimes when camping out, with only a radio in our tent...spooky. Sexy "just hold me" nights could ensue.

It was, sometimes from segment to segment or caller to caller, outrageously funny, frustratingly stupid, and weirdly compelling. I always loved how he said he was broadcasting "from the High Desert" as if he was in a fortress of vague geography awaiting the alien apocalypse.

After he left (weird resons of personal security? Money issues?), the show sucked and my local station dropped it.

by Anonymousreply 18October 23, 2016 7:10 PM

A very compelling interview with an obviously mentally ill, "satanic witch" (start at the 5:00 minute mark):

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 19October 23, 2016 7:17 PM

r12 try Darkness Radio.

by Anonymousreply 20October 23, 2016 7:53 PM

The fun of it was that guests basically had to outdo one another. It's a long-running multi-hour show with close to a million listeners. The pressure is on.

by Anonymousreply 21October 23, 2016 11:42 PM

[quote]or anybody really, can you recommend some good alternatives to C2C? Like some of you have said, I'm just about fed up with Noory and his right-wing tendencies.

I agree with the previous suggestion of Darkness Radio. There is The Paracast which is weekly show that focuses mostly on UFO and alien topics if those topics interest you.

by Anonymousreply 22October 23, 2016 11:51 PM

Thanks for the link, OP. I'm having fun listening to some of the old shows posted there.

by Anonymousreply 23October 24, 2016 12:01 AM

A show I just discovered (even tho it's been on the air for years) is The Last Podcast on the Left--they cover topics from serial killers to UFOs and Chaos Magick to creepypastas...

by Anonymousreply 24October 24, 2016 12:12 AM

Loved Art Bell for years but shit got weird; his wife suddenly died he moved out of the country and married some younger girl. George Noory isn't that good especially now that he is a Trumpet. The weekend hosts are the only good things about C to C now.

by Anonymousreply 25October 24, 2016 12:55 AM

Almost 25 hours of ghost stories:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 26October 24, 2016 1:03 AM

thanks r24

by Anonymousreply 27October 24, 2016 8:27 AM

If he hates Hills I will start listening to his show now. A breath of fresh air from all the ass-licking for her here.

by Anonymousreply 28October 24, 2016 2:55 PM

I don't listen to talk radio. I am not a tin-hatted Trump supporter in Flyoveria.

by Anonymousreply 29October 24, 2016 3:47 PM

Art Bell, who identifies as a socially liberal libertarian and voted for Obama twice, had been vociferously boosting Trump on Facebook this time around. Until Trump went one crazy step too far.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 30October 24, 2016 5:10 PM

R30 Art is/was an incredible entertainer, but I never looked to him for political insight.

by Anonymousreply 31October 24, 2016 5:18 PM

For R16: XXXXX DRUDGE REPORT XXXXX SATURDAY, MAY 29, 1999 11:58:58 UTC XXXXX

ART BELL'S NIGHTMARE REVEALED: SON ASSAULTED BY HIV TEACHER

**World Exclusive** **Warning: Graphic Details**

Talkradio sensation Art Bell has been living in his personal hell world for nearly two years.

It can now be revealed that Bell's son was sexually assaulted by a school teacher that was carrying HIV.

The crime against Bell's son -- and later the son's suicide attempt -- was the reason Bell dramatically left the air last October.

Bell's son, now 18, told authorities that he was taken May 16, 1997 to Tecopa Hot Springs, California from Pahrump, Nevada, bound in chains, and was forced to commit sex acts on one of his substitute teachers, according to case intelligence.

The teacher, Brian Eugene Lepley, 34, is now serving life in prison for the attack on Art Bell's son.

Lepley befriended Bell, then 16, and his friends by bringing beer and marijuana to their parties, and then soliciting sex from them.

Arthur Bell IV told authorities that had he not been intoxicated, he never would have had sexual contact with Lepley.

Bell explained to the police that Lepley never told him that he was carrying HIV.

On Friday, Bell filed a federal lawsuit against the Nye County School District and Lepley, charging that he has suffered physical injuries, as well as severe mental and emotional distress.

"The boy's life has been completely destroyed by all of this," one well-placed source told the DRUDGE REPORT.

Talkshow host Art Bell has been living a nightmare to end all nightmares.

Last fall, this report was first to reveal that Bell had quit radio to take care of a grave family crises involving his son.

The report did not reveal the full story at that time out of respect for the family and the age of the son, then a minor.

Bell, heard on over 400 radio stations, has since returned to the airwaves in a limited capacity.

by Anonymousreply 32October 24, 2016 5:25 PM

There's something "off" about the story in R32.

by Anonymousreply 33October 24, 2016 5:27 PM

Agreed, R31. I've worked with student broadcasters/podcasters, and Bell is the standard of excellence I'd point to.

His act seems so effortless and deceptively simple, he seemingly has an enormous (understated) intelligence, and he may well be the best radio interviewer ever, bringing out the intrigue and entertainment of his unusual guests. Really, I can't think of anyone who comes close.

I also know he has mistakenly had relationships with sketchy people, and that has been his undoing on occasion.

by Anonymousreply 34October 24, 2016 5:31 PM

R34, can you elaborate on Art's mistaken relationships with sketchy people? I'm a big fan of his, miss him.

thanks

by Anonymousreply 35October 24, 2016 6:15 PM

I won't identify them by name, R35, but I can offer some insight into what happened when Art last quit the show, with some knowledge of the personalities involved.

A number of people are skeptical about Art's reports of death threats surrounding his show and gunshots at his studio and compound in Pahrump, but I'm not. I think the list of suspects would be short. One would be an apparently mentally unstable former associate. The other would be one of the amateur radio operators Art had a dispute with several years ago, which forced Art off the ham radio bands after he was repeatedly jammed and harassed. Unfortunately, while the vast majority of ham radio enthusiasts are great people, there are some genuinely crazy people associated with that hobby.

Also consider the seriously bad blood between Art, the Coast to Coast show, and Premiere, its syndicator. I see some indications Art thought Coast fans were behind it, but I think that's a red herring.

by Anonymousreply 36October 24, 2016 6:41 PM

R36 It was such a slap in the face to all his supporters. He's clearly a very troubled person though regardless whether the story is true or not.

by Anonymousreply 37October 24, 2016 6:59 PM

I think so too, R37, but I have empathy for the man and his situation. He obviously loves broadcasting, and he does it better than most anyone.

But it may actually be more of a love/hate situation because of the crazy people he inadvertently draws like a magnet. If there were gunshots and credible death threats, I'd probably choose to end it too. He needs to stay retired, because he hurts people when he 'un-retires'.

by Anonymousreply 38October 24, 2016 7:49 PM

Was the cause of his wife's death ever made public?

by Anonymousreply 39October 24, 2016 10:17 PM

R39 She had an asthma attack.

by Anonymousreply 40October 24, 2016 10:17 PM

Thanks r32! I miss the ol'days of coast.. I'll listen to the ghost stories this weekend!

by Anonymousreply 41October 25, 2016 10:57 PM

R41 Feel free to use this thread to talk about what you hear. Personally, I can't get enough of Harlot the Witch and Evelyn Pagilini.

by Anonymousreply 42October 25, 2016 11:00 PM

11 more hours of Ghost to Ghost:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 43October 25, 2016 11:01 PM

Anyone else remember Father Malachi Martin?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 44October 25, 2016 11:03 PM

Ed Dames

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 45October 30, 2016 3:26 AM

My favorites were the Ghost Investigators Society and their EVPs. Listening at 2am, with the wind howling and trees scraping at the windows, it was very believable. I wonder what happened to them.

Art tried to come back with Dark Matter, but it failed. So much drama with Bell now.

by Anonymousreply 46October 30, 2016 4:42 AM

Art Bell went off his rocker and bought a bride, no wonder he'd support Trump. Is Dark Matter gone r46?

by Anonymousreply 47October 30, 2016 8:19 AM

For R46.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 48November 5, 2016 12:46 PM

Bump

by Anonymousreply 49December 26, 2016 4:37 AM

Art Bell and Alex Jones are filed next to each other in my brain. How are they different? I watched 30 seconds of Alex Jones ranting about something Trumpish and vile, and it actually made me vomit.

I like conspiracy theories but why are tin hatters so racist, sexist, violent and hateful?

by Anonymousreply 50December 26, 2016 5:05 AM

John Titor, time traveler. oh hell yes on that one.

by Anonymousreply 51December 26, 2016 5:07 AM

[quote]Art Bell and Alex Jones are filed next to each other in my brain. How are they different?

Well, for one thing, Art voted for Obama.

by Anonymousreply 52December 26, 2016 7:24 AM

[quote] Any fans of him on DL? Feel free to reminisce about Coast to Coast AM here.

[quote] Any fans on DL? Truly an unsung radio genius. It's a shame he is such a diva/nut job behind the scenes.

by Anonymousreply 53February 9, 2017 3:24 AM

[quote]Well, for one thing, Art voted for Obama.

Yeah that and Art seems like nutso than Alex Jones.

by Anonymousreply 54February 9, 2017 3:25 AM

I am! i still listen to George Noory. I didn't know Art B was a diva.

Some of his shows freaked me out - there was one years ago on ghost voice recording,,,shudder

by Anonymousreply 55February 9, 2017 3:27 AM

yes, miss this bitch.

by Anonymousreply 56February 9, 2017 3:28 AM

Anyone else ever hear his interview with the satanic witch, Harlot? Do you think she was the real deal or just a fundie pretending?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 57February 9, 2017 3:28 AM

R57 It was an entertaining show, but she's fake.

by Anonymousreply 58February 9, 2017 3:30 AM

His replacement on his Midnight In The Desert show on Dark Matter Radio Network is slowly growing on me. Heather somebody.

by Anonymousreply 59February 9, 2017 3:54 AM

[quote] Art seems like nutso than Alex Jones.

Is this in English?

by Anonymousreply 60February 9, 2017 2:19 PM

Is he still living in the Philippines?

by Anonymousreply 61February 9, 2017 3:43 PM

Didn't listen to Art, but two nights ago Noory had a Benedictine monk who claims Pope John Paul II is the Anti-Christ and based on the Book of Revelations, Pope Francis is here to destroy the church. The monk was gone before he could take calls from listeners.

by Anonymousreply 62February 9, 2017 3:51 PM

Could Harlot/Patsy the Witch be our very own Witchie Poo?

by Anonymousreply 63May 26, 2017 9:42 PM

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 64May 26, 2017 9:44 PM

There was a great world of live, late night and overnight AM radio back in the 90's. I only know because I was often driving long distance after hours in those days. It was weirdly compelling and kept me awake.

Now I expect anyone driving overnight is listening to playlists or podcasts...

Art Bell was some humorous, aggravating, eye-opening and gag-inducing shtick.

by Anonymousreply 65May 26, 2017 9:58 PM

R65 Gagging?

by Anonymousreply 66May 26, 2017 10:00 PM

I've only listened to about three of his podcasts, but he struck me as a very rational man who is simply open to any of the unexplainable. Whenever one of his guests said something that didn't make sense or completely seemed off-the-deep end Art would be right on it, questioning things and asking them exactly what I would have asked them if I were the interviewer. He doesn't strike me as gullible or deep on the woo-spectrum, but definitely curious about things.

I didn't listen to any more of his podcasts though because the guests I did listen to didn't seem very believable (and I sensed Art felt the same way).

by Anonymousreply 67May 26, 2017 10:11 PM

R67 Is it the podcasts of his old C2C and Dreamland shows? I'd recommend the Ghost to Ghost ones.

by Anonymousreply 68May 26, 2017 10:17 PM

I'm not sure which one, but I'll definitely check out the Ghost to Ghost one. I do love that stuff!

I can't imagine listening to his show alone in my car on a dark road; I'd be scared out of my mind.

by Anonymousreply 69May 26, 2017 10:19 PM

Agree with others that once his wife Ramona died the show seemed like it jumped the shark. I also always thought something was missing from the story about his son being kidnapped in chains.

by Anonymousreply 70May 26, 2017 10:35 PM

No Poo Shoes, we don't give a rat's ass about Art Bell, for the 370th time.

by Anonymousreply 71May 26, 2017 10:40 PM

Where else outside of a psychiatric hospital would you hear this?

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 72May 27, 2017 1:28 AM

[quote] Where else outside of a psychiatric hospital would you hear this?

The White House

by Anonymousreply 73May 27, 2017 4:10 AM

One of my favorite ways to de-stress is to get high and listen to old Ghost to Ghost marathons of C2C.

In the late 90s, I'd work night construction jobs with my dad and I have good memories of us driving home late at night, after remodeling a grocery store, and listening to Art Bell on the hours-long trip back to where we lived (stores were all built out in Eastern Oregon).

by Anonymousreply 74May 27, 2017 4:19 AM

For R74

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 75May 27, 2017 4:31 AM

Perfect voice for late at night:

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 76May 27, 2017 4:33 AM

Those binges are nuts!

I've listened to some of the G2G so many times that I can do schtick of certain callers. It's a problem.

"Sir, please turn off your radio. Extinguish it. It's simply too confusing."

by Anonymousreply 77May 27, 2017 4:40 AM

[quote]There was a great world of live, late night and overnight AM radio back in the 90's. I only know because I was often driving long distance after hours in those days. It was weirdly compelling and kept me awake.

[quote]Now I expect anyone driving overnight is listening to playlists or podcasts...

I got into Coast to Coast in the late 90s when I was in college. I used to take classes in the late afternoons and nights and worked the overnight shift at a motel office. I listened to Coast to Coast almost every night at work. There were times I thought the guests and topics were crazy, but it was fun to listen. The ghost/haunting and UFO related shows were my favorites. I preferred Art Bell over George Noory. I occasionally listen to Coast to Coast AM depending on the topics. The guest hosts that fill in for Noory are ok.

I think there has been definite shift of people listening to podcasts or playlists if they are long overnight drives or working overnights. My friend works overnight shifts as a hospital registration clerk. She downloads various podcasts to her phone or iPad and listens to them at work when she has downtime. A lot of podcasts zone in on a lot of material that Coast to Coast covers.

by Anonymousreply 78May 27, 2017 5:24 AM

Has become very right wing.

by Anonymousreply 79May 27, 2017 5:38 AM

Me love him long time.

by Anonymousreply 80May 27, 2017 5:40 AM

Noory sucks. Art was a showman.

by Anonymousreply 81May 27, 2017 5:51 AM

Check out Astonishing Legends. The Cackowski Intruder is my favorite. I wish they did more personal stories about hauntings. Aliens and bigfoot don't interest me.

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 82May 27, 2017 8:08 AM

One good podcast that covers personal haunting/ghost stories is Anything Ghost. The host gives people the option of recording their stories or they can email him the stories and then he narrates them with some music effects.

by Anonymousreply 83May 28, 2017 4:32 AM

I listened to the podcast R82 linked to but there was nothing especially creepy about it-- basically it's about two siblings who had similar frightening dreams when they were teenagers. The only potentially paranormal phenomenon was a voice yelling at the girl in the basement, but it's possible that this has a non-supernatural explanation. Describing these incidents as evidence of some sort of otherworldly 'intruder' is REALLY stretching it.

by Anonymousreply 84May 28, 2017 4:44 AM

What was that whole thing about AB's son getting diddled by a teacher or something, around 2006 or so? Weird, weird, weird.

by Anonymousreply 85May 28, 2017 4:48 AM

Back in the late '90's I never missed a show!

I have two all-time favorites:

The episode about people who have had their cards (Tarot) read. The Tarot reader would tape record the sessions for the customers for future playback. One time, a listener called in to share an experience that had happened when they'd played back the recorded reading, a portion of which was about her deceased brother "Michael." During playback of the recording, a voice was also recorded asking, "Why is she always thinking about Michael!!!! Why is she always talking about Michael!!!"

My second favorite, which is an all-time Art Bell Classic: "The Burrito Alien"! This guy, a "doctor (PhD)," called in to share his experience of his happening upon an alien *(UFO, not domestic) in a remote forest of Washington state. Long story, short: the alien 'vaporized' the doctor's dog, so the doctor killed the alien and wrapped him up "like a burrito," took it home and stored it in his freezer for future testing. Throughout the story, which had become more and more extraordinary as it went on, it was like the guy was making it up as he was telling it. (Like Jon Lovitz's SNL character, "The Liar." "Yeah, that's it, he vaporized my dog into thin air, yeah, that's it . . . " "Yeah, that's it, I hit him over the head and rolled him up like . . . like a burrito! Yeah, that's it!"

I was even about to buy an emergency crank radio from Art Bell during the days!

by Anonymousreply 86May 28, 2017 5:03 AM

For R86

Offsite Link
by Anonymousreply 87May 28, 2017 3:26 PM

All the ouija board drama.

"I will not tell that story again. It frightens me."

by Anonymousreply 88May 28, 2017 4:29 PM

Well, sure, podcasts and rebroadcasts can be fun. But the thrill of the live call, lots of times unscreened in those days, was part of the fun for call-in radio on a long nighttime drive.

It's largely lost.

by Anonymousreply 89May 28, 2017 4:33 PM

I loved Art's barely concealed rage at people who didn't know how to tell a story or get to the point.

"Sir, we are running short on time, is there some sort of punchline?"

by Anonymousreply 90May 28, 2017 4:34 PM

I happened to tune in the first night the "time traveler" called in. Had a creepy edge to it.

I liked Bell better as a host, but found his doom-and-gloom-around-the-corner approach needlessly overwrought. Also, not an hour went by that he wasn't promoting a book he wrote, which never seemed to be any better or worse than any other counter culture tome.

Some of his explorations were genuinely thought-provoking, like the huge numbers of people reported as disappearing virtually into thin air. Also, whatever the current host, the Coast-to-Coast website remains interesting.

I always felt the story about his sudden retirement was fishy. I still feel there's a lot more there than has been reported.

As for Pahrump, a more desolate corner of Nevada is unlikely, and I've been there. Only as a drive-through, though. Depressing place.

by Anonymousreply 91May 28, 2017 5:41 PM

Art had these two people from the Ghost Investigators Society (or something) on many times, and they would play recordings of EVPs. Those were genuinely creepy. Art was always totally freaked out by those,

by Anonymousreply 92May 28, 2017 6:26 PM

I liked the remote viewing guy. One night he told Art he was going to remote view hell. Then he disappeared from the show.

by Anonymousreply 93May 29, 2017 3:22 PM

Colonel Ed Dames? That guy was so full of shit.

by Anonymousreply 94May 29, 2017 3:25 PM

R93 I do recall listening to that show! Shortly thereafter, I'd found a forum where listeners of said show were arguing amongst themselves about the authenticity of the activity. People called BS on it because there was no way in hell (haha!) a microphone with a cable that long even existed, let alone the existence of equipment able to withstand the heat of molten lava!

The Colonel's method of attempting to reach such *region* was through some type of secret "subterranean portal" he'd discovered. I think it was during the descent into the portal is when the Colonel *disappeared* from the show (!).

by Anonymousreply 95May 29, 2017 6:52 PM

R95 Was the forum Bellgab? It's turned into troll central.

by Anonymousreply 96May 29, 2017 6:56 PM

R95 Probably, but that was, like, 20 years ago; so my memory, you know . . .

by Anonymousreply 97May 29, 2017 7:02 PM

by Anonymousreply 98April 1, 2018 12:54 AM

Has "The Quickening" finally quickened yet?

by Anonymousreply 99April 1, 2018 12:59 AM

Do you remember that witch with the gravely voice that he would have on all the time? I could never tell if she was a good witch or a bad witch.

by Anonymousreply 100April 1, 2018 4:50 AM

You're talking about Evelyn Paglini, R100. I think she was supposed to be a good witch. DL would have loved her - she talked all the time about how people in Hollywood were into witchcraft and spells.

I also remember that there was a theory for a long time that she and Sylvia Browne were actually the same person (they sounded nearly identical). Paglini used to be very hard to track down online, but eventually there were more pics and info about her and it's clear that the theory was false. But I do see why people would think it was true...

by Anonymousreply 101April 1, 2018 4:59 AM

In the old days, I always got a kick out of Art's short fuse and disgust when callers would deign to call using something other than hard-wired land lines. "Sir, are you on a cordless phone? Move closer to the base, please." Or "ma'am, are you using a cellular or mobile telephone? You're going to have to speak up. Loud!" And let us not forget, "please turn down your radio. PLEASE TURN YOUR RADIO DOWN!" Hilarious stuff.

by Anonymousreply 102April 1, 2018 6:11 AM

In the past several years, more and more mental hospitals have closed, due to government cutbacks. Many of these folks are the callers or guests of the current Coast to Coast.

by Anonymousreply 103April 1, 2018 6:29 AM

Both ladies with gravelly voices (Paglini and Browne) have been dead for years now.

by Anonymousreply 104April 1, 2018 6:41 AM

All of the "Dr. Doom" Ed Dames stuff was totally ridiculous. The "killshot" from the sun that he kept putting off, remote viewing hell, etc. hilarious.

by Anonymousreply 105April 1, 2018 6:54 AM

And let us not forget Mel's Hole. Art believed and was pretty into that nonsense, surprisingly.

by Anonymousreply 106April 1, 2018 6:55 AM

R102, "get into that phone and yell! Project!"

"Sir, you are BREAKING UP."

"That was a good story but a terrible phone."

"I'm in Denver, Art." "Oh, you are? Then you're on the WRONG LINE!"

by Anonymousreply 107April 1, 2018 6:39 PM

[quote]The "killshot" from the sun that he kept putting off

Yeah - he was on the show several times a year, and EVERY time the killshot was imminent...until the next time it was imminent. Plus he always had to hump his bogus seminars and dvds a zillion times throughout his interviews. Such a faker.

by Anonymousreply 108April 2, 2018 7:37 AM

One of the most successful frauds in the history of American pop culture, which has had plenty of frauds

by Anonymousreply 109April 2, 2018 7:24 PM
Need more help? Click Here.

Yes indeed, we too use "cookies." Take a look at our privacy/terms or if you just want to see the damn site without all this bureaucratic nonsense, click ACCEPT. Otherwise, you'll just have to find some other site for your pointless bitchery needs.

Become a contributor - post when you want with no ads!